a drunk in lovefather is said to have allowed his 8-yea

& “For thousands of yea...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
For thousands of years the most important two buildings in any British village have been the church and the pub. In fact,until a place has a church and a pub,it isn’t really considered a community worthy of a name. Traditionally,the church and the pub are at the heart of any village or town, since it is where people gather to give and receive news. In fact, the word ‘pub’ is short for public house’.That's how it used to be, but things are beginning to change. It is said that the credit decline is causing 39 British pubs a week to go out of business. People don’t have lots of spare money to spend on beer. Recently, the UK government banned smoking in all pubs, and that may also have affected the number of customers going to pubs.This decline is happening despite the fact that in 2005 the UK government started to allow pubs to stay open after 11 p. m. Previously,with 11 p. m. as closing time,customers would have to drink quite quickly,meaning they sometimes got more drunk than they would if allowed to drink slowly. The British habit of drinking a lot very quickly is known as ‘binge drinking’(狂饮),and it causes some long-term health problems for people and problems with violent crime for communities. The UK government is changing the law to discourage binge drinking, and regularly spends money on television advertisements to warn people of the problems of drinking too much.In order to save their businesses, pubs are trying to change with the market. Now, there are a number of different types of pubs.
The (81)&of
British Pub Culture?
The important(82) &of
churches and pubs in people' s daily life in the UK
?People won't name an area unless there
are a church and a pub.?They are the places where people gather
to (83) &news.
The(84) &for
the decrease of the pub business
?The credit decline is said to cause many
pubs to (85) &down.?Smoking is not (86) &in
all pubs, which may have had an effect on the business.?The government is trying hard to (87) &binge
save the business
?Pubs are making (89) &to
meet the needs of the market.?As a woman in the UK nowadays, you can
(90) &a drink in almost all
Conclusion
Things are changing for the better
probably from now on.
As you can see, British pubs now offer something for everyone. A lot of pubs used to be working men’s clubs, meaning that women could not usually enter. Today, however, women can freely enter 99% of pubs without experiencing any problems. Perhaps things are changing for the better after all.&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2014-江苏省高二第一次10月限时作业英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“For thousands of years the most important two buildings in any British village have been the church and t...”的分析与解答如下所示:
End/ Decline/ Fall&&总结归纳题。文章讲述的是酒吧行业的衰落。&role/ part/ function&归纳总结题。根据文章第一段内容可知讲述的是酒吧在英国人生活的作用。&exchange/ share/ spread 词义转换题。根据第一段第四行give and receive news说明是交换,分享。&reasons&&总结归纳题。本行主要是归纳酒吧行业衰落的原因。&&close/ shut&&&&同义词转换。根据第二段第2行go out of business的说明指酒吧关闭。&allowed/ permitted 词义转换。根据第二段第三行the UK government banned smoking in all pubs说明在酒吧里禁止抽烟,禁止forbid就相当于not allow/permit.&discourage/ prevent/ stop&同义词转化倒数第三行discourage binge drinking。中的discourage的同义词prevent,stop.&Ways/ Measures&&&&总结归纳题。主要是讲述采取的方法措施。&changes/ efforts 推理题。指英国的酒吧正在做出改变来满足市场的需要。&get/ have/ buy/ enjoy 同义句转换。根据最后一段women can freely enter 99% of pubs without experiencing any problems.说明是作为女性,可以在酒吧里享受美酒。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
For thousands of years the most important two buildings in any British village have been the church ...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“For thousands of yea...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“For thousands of years the most important two buildings in any British village have been the church and the pub. In fact,until a place has a church and a pub,it isn’t really considered a community worthy of a name. Traditionally,the church and the pub are at the heart of any village or town, since it is where people gather to give and receive news. In fact, the word ‘pub’ is short for public house’.That's how it used to be, but things are beginning to change. It is said that the credit decline is causing 39 British pubs a week to go out of business. People don’t have lots of spare money to spend on beer. Recently, the UK government banned smoking in all pubs, and that may also have affected the number of customers going to pubs.This decline is happening despite the fact that in 2005 the UK government started to allow pubs to stay open after 11 p. m. Previously,with 11 p. m. as closing time,customers would have to drink quite quickly,meaning they sometimes got more drunk than they would if allowed to drink slowly. The British habit of drinking a lot very quickly is known as ‘binge drinking’(狂饮),and it causes some long-term health problems for people and problems with violent crime for communities. The UK government is changing the law to discourage binge drinking, and regularly spends money on television advertisements to warn people of the problems of drinking too much.In order to save their businesses, pubs are trying to change with the market. Now, there are a number of different types of pubs.
The (81)____of
British Pub Culture?
The important(82)____of
to (83)____news.
The(84)____for
pubs to (85)____down.?Smoking is not (86)____in
all pubs, which may have had an effect on the business.?The government is trying hard to (87)____binge
(88)____to
save the business
?Pubs are making (89)____to
(90)____a drink in almost all
Conclusion
probably from now on.
As you can see, British pubs now offer something for everyone. A lot of pubs used to be working men’s clubs, meaning that women could not usually enter. Today, however, women can freely enter 99% of pubs without experiencing any problems. Perhaps things are changing for the better after all.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“For thousands of years the most important two buildings in any British village have been the church and the pub. In fact,until a place has a church and a pub,it isn’t really considered a community worthy of a name. Traditionally,the church and the pub are at the heart of any village or town, since it is where people gather to give and receive news. In fact, the word ‘pub’ is short for public house’.That's how it used to be, but things are beginning to change. It is said that the credit decline is causing 39 British pubs a week to go out of business. People don’t have lots of spare money to spend on beer. Recently, the UK government banned smoking in all pubs, and that may also have affected the number of customers going to pubs.This decline is happening despite the fact that in 2005 the UK government started to allow pubs to stay open after 11 p. m. Previously,with 11 p. m. as closing time,customers would have to drink quite quickly,meaning they sometimes got more drunk than they would if allowed to drink slowly. The British habit of drinking a lot very quickly is known as ‘binge drinking’(狂饮),and it causes some long-term health problems for people and problems with violent crime for communities. The UK government is changing the law to discourage binge drinking, and regularly spends money on television advertisements to warn people of the problems of drinking too much.In order to save their businesses, pubs are trying to change with the market. Now, there are a number of different types of pubs.
The (81)____of
British Pub Culture?
The important(82)____of
to (83)____news.
The(84)____for
pubs to (85)____down.?Smoking is not (86)____in
all pubs, which may have had an effect on the business.?The government is trying hard to (87)____binge
(88)____to
save the business
?Pubs are making (89)____to
(90)____a drink in almost all
Conclusion
probably from now on.
As you can see, British pubs now offer something for everyone. A lot of pubs used to be working men’s clubs, meaning that women could not usually enter. Today, however, women can freely enter 99% of pubs without experiencing any problems. Perhaps things are changing for the better after all.”相似的习题。| Hemingway once said ‘do sober what you said you would do drunk.’ This site is dedicated to the idea of the more we drink, the more opinionated we become.[April 28, 2008: It was a little over two years ago that Beth Stover's daughter, Lehna Brewer, was stillborn at Kaiser Walnut Creek. We're spotlighting this post again this week to coincide with an
about the alarming national trend of missing records in medical error cases, in which Beth's story is featured. Any new posts will appear below this one for the rest of the week.]
Update March 5, 2007:
about how deeply the death of his daughter has impacted the lives of her family — by former Kaiser HealthConnect employee, .
By Beth Stover
For a complete documentation of the events surrounding the death of My Baby at Kaiser Permanente, please .
Saying Goodbye
One year ago today, March 4th 2006, My Beautiful Baby — Lehna Jordann Brewer — was stillborn at Kaiser Permanente in Walnut Creek, California. She didn’t have to die, but because Kaiser Permanente chose to withhold care and send me home, she died. This is a follow-up story documenting all of the challenges and roadblocks of the past year. It is not enough to be victimized only once at Kaiser. Kaiser chooses to continue victimizing by withholding critical medical information that the patient — EVERY PATIENT — has a right to as a U.S. Citizen. This is clearly stated in The Patient’s Bill of Rights.
ROADBLOCK Number 1: Destruction of Evidence
After Lehna died, apparently Kaiser felt that they had something hide. To date I have not been able to see the fetal heart monitor strip from the stress test done the morning before Lehna was stillborn. I have made several requests over the past year: in writing, and in person and by phone. According to Kaiser, the fetal heart monitor strip was “lost.” CONVENIENTLY LOST.
Only after I initiated an investigation by the California Department of Health, Licensing and Certification, did Kaiser begin to look for the missing fetal heart monitor strip. Ironically, the very same week that they were being investigated I received a phone call from the Kaiser ombudswoman telling me that they had found the missing strip in an envelope with my name on it. She told me, “Well, it doesn’t have a date or a time but we’re pretty sure it’s yours.” My response was, “Well, if it doesn’t have a date OR a time, OR a name OR a medical record number, then how can you be sure it’s mine?” And she replied, “We can’t.” She told me she would go ahead and put it in the mail. There is NOT ONE PIECE OF IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ON THIS STRIP THAT WOULD EVEN REMOTELY CONNECT IT TO ME. T it is a blatant attempt to commit fraud. This strip belongs to someone else and Kaiser knows it.
As a 40-year-old woman who has lost her Baby, most people would assume I would get some answers as to why my beloved Lehna died. This has been all but impossible with Kaiser. Instead of working with me to get some kind of closure or answer that makes any sense, they have withheld critical records and have put more effort into covering up the facts. At age 40 I was never classified as high-risk by Kaiser. I have educated myself since then and now I know that even 36-year-old women are normally considered high-risk outside of the Kaiser system. I have since learned that minimizing risks in general is standard operating procedure at this organization that proclaims that it is “.” Be very afraid.
Never mind the fact that once I passed my due date of Feb. 23rd, a Kaiser doctor attempted to schedule me for an induction that would have put me at 15-days past my due date (not 13, as originally noted in
of my story). Does this seem like the standard of care that EVERY OB patient is entitled to? A 40-year-old woman, 15-days past her due date? I’m still trying to figure out how delaying necessary intervention equates with quality care. THIS, in and of itself, appears negligent.
ROADBLOCK Number 2: No Cause of Action for Spoliation of Evidence
This is ludicrous. Did you know that in California it is not against the law to “lose” important Medical records? How convenient for Kaiser. All they have to do is “lose” the medical records and they seem to be off the hook. This “No Cause of Action for Spoliation of Evidence” is in direct contradiction to the Patient Bill of Rights. It is AGAINST THE LAW to destroy a patient’s medical records, but if you conveniently “lose” them, then that seems to be OK. Just as in my case, I have heard that a lot of medical records get “lost” at Kaiser. Missing and/or tampered medical records make it very difficult to prove your case which works very well for Kaiser.
ROADBLOCK Number 3: California’s MICRA and Kaiser’s own version of MICRA (Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act)
This is a BIG ROADBLOCK and one that works very well for Kaiser and any other healthcare provider that has adopted the practice of providing negligent care, or should I say “withholding care”. MICRA is a law enacted back in 1975. Yes, 1975! This puts a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages in medical malpractice cases in California. My Baby’s life is not worth enough money in California for a lawyer to be interested. It’s not a good business decision financially for lawyers to take on malpractice cases UNLESS the Baby/patient will need a lifetime of care. This brings us back to the missing fetal heart monitor in my case. Kind of makes us wonder if my Baby was left to die after discovering possible brain damage had already taken place. It is MUCH cheaper to let the Baby die instead of getting stuck with the economic damages that might have applied if Lehna had lived. This should have been my decision, NOT a financial decision made by Kaiser. I would have chosen to let Lehna live.
Not only do you have MICRA to go up against in California, but Kaiser saw how well MICRA prevented lawyers from going after them for medical malpractice that they decided to enforce a double whammy and put a $250,000 cap on any future Kaiser Members everywhere, who experienced medical malpractice within Kaiser. MICRA and Kaiser’s $250,000 cap is a LICENSE TO NOT PRACTICE MEDICINE since it prevents Kaiser from being pursued in the all too common event that medical malpractice has taken place. There seems to be no recourse for many Kaiser members and Californians due to the fact that finding a lawyer who will take these cases is next to impossible. ALL Kaiser members, not just in California, need to read the fine print in their agreement with Kaiser.
“In the cold calculations of medical malpractice, a brain-damaged baby is worth more than a dead baby. The brain-damaged baby will need a lifetime of specialized care.”
“Arbitrary caps on “non-economic” compensation unfairly discriminate against the suffering of women — who typically sustain injuries due to medical negligence, such as laceration of the uterus or loss of a new born during child birth, that do not carry high “economic” price tags but involve significant loss. Injuries sustained by homemakers are also unvalued, because they have no “wage loss.” Caps not only deny women victimized by medical malpractice fair compensation and legal representation for their injuries, but subject women to repeat offenders and have been undeterred.”
ROADBLOCK Number 4: Kaiser’s Ability to tamper with medical records
Not only does Kaiser destroy medical records, but they change medical records at will. In the original notes from the delivery room when Lehna was born it was first reported that I had a fever of 103. Later on in notes, the Dr. had gone in and “amended” the original notes. She dropped my fever from 103 to 101. Now, would someone please tell me how she would know this sort of thing after the fact? A fever is a fever and no one could not have possibly known hours after the fact what my fever was unless it was documented at the time, which it was. It was documented at 103. PERIOD. Why the need to go back and change it hours later?
ROADBLOCK Number 5: Kaiser’s Ability to Deny, Deny, Deny.
During the investigation by the California Department of Health, Licensing and Certification, back in Dec. 2006, the nurses and doctors at Kaiser were interviewed/investigated regarding my account of how I was treated at Walnut Creek Labor and Delivery the evening before Lehna died. One nurse in particular, whose initials are J.V. (and she knows who she is), completely denied everything to investigators. Once again, Kaiser is off the hook since it is her word against mine. Why, I ask, would I have a need to make this sort of thing up? I remember it all like it was yesterday. This is not something you ever forget. I will also add that there was a deficiency notice given to Kaiser for their lack of documentation surrounding the Death of My Baby. This comes as no surprise.
ROADBLOCK Number 6: My Baby was a “Non-Event.”
Dad and Big Sister Say Goodbye
California law says that since Lehna died before she was born that she is considered a “Non-Event.” Please take a look at the photos of My Baby. Does She look like a Non-Event? The Birth of Lehna was the biggest and most important event of my life (along with the birth of my first Daughter). With no disrespect to Laci and Connor Peterson, the manner of death should not be a factor in determining whether or not My Baby is considered a Human Being, an “event.” Lehna was most certainly an event to us. A MUCH-LOVED, FULL-TERM, BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL.
I will continue to document the chain of events as I go along. But today, my oldest Daughter and I will eat cake and remember our Little Lehna who would have turned one today. It’s a very quiet day in our home.
Happy 1st Birthday My Dear Little Lehna.
Related Posts:
Leave a Reply
Subscribe to Email Updates
The Latest
Most DiscussedCategories
Kaiser Thrive Brand Campaign Documents
Acknowledgment
Kaiser Thrive Exposed would like to personally thank Dr. Geoff Galbraith - former Kaiser Permanente Care Management In and Vice President, Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, Quality Improvement Management - for inspiring us to create this website. Did we make it into the top 5?This is something I’ve been wondering about for a while, and I’m glad there’s a story about it and details about the Queen approving of new “royal protocols”.
Many of us have wondered: who does Duchess Kate really “outrank” in the royal family?
It’s generally thought that “blood princesses” (born into the family, born with a royal title) are superior to those princesses/duchesses who simply marry into the family.
Like, obviously, Princess Anne (The Princess Royal) far outranks Duchess Kate.
But how about Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie?
Are they equal to Kate?
Are they lesser?
Although Kate wasn’t “born” with a royal title, she will be Queen one day – does that affect the situation?
Well, The Mail has all of the answers.
And it’s not what I was expecting:
Despite the ease with which she has taken to her role, it seems the Duchess of Cambridge has not yet conquered the House of Windsor.
Newly updated ‘protocols’ approved by the Queen place Kate firmly down the royal pecking order, it was reported yesterday.
A document is said to have been circulated privately in the royal household, clarifying Kate’s status.
Although she is the future Queen, as a former commoner Kate must show reverence to the ‘blood princesses’. This means she is expected to curtsey to those born royal, such as Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie – both in public and in private. The rule only applies when her husband, Prince William, is not present.
In his absence, she must also curtsey to other blue-blooded women in the royal household, including Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra, the Queen’s cousin.
She must always curtsey to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, whether William is present or not.
However, in the case of the Countess of Wessex, it is she who has to curtsey to Kate.
The Earl of Wessex’s wife was once the second-highest ranking woman in the Royal Family because neither of the Queen’s other sons, Prince Charles and Prince Andrew, were married.
This is effectively Sophie’s second ‘demotion’, having been pushed down the list in 2005 after Charles married Camilla, and finding she was expected to curtsey to the Duchess of Cornwall.
The complex new rules come in a little-known edict entitled the Order Of Precedence Of The Royal Family To Be Observed At Court, which the Queen has updated to take into account the Duke of Cambridge’s wife.
The Princess Royal is said to have refused to ever curtsey to Princess Diana or to Camilla, on the basis they were outsiders whereas she had given her whole adult life to royal service.
In an effort to avoid conflicts, the Queen drew up the first Order of Precedence in 2005, after Charles married Camilla.
Its effect was to change the order along ‘blood lines’ so that Princesses Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie and Alexandra – the granddaughter of George V – were all ahead of Camilla.
The etiquette, though arcane to some, is taken very seriously by the royals, who bow and curtsey to each other in public and behind closed doors.
The Order of Precedence affects other aspects of royal protocol too, such as who arrives first at an event. For example, Camilla was forced to wait in the drizzle outside the Guards Chapel, Windsor, for the arrival of Princess Anne at a memorial service in 2006, because Charles had not accompanied her.
Royal historian Brian Hoey, an expert on court protocol, predicted when William married Kate that: ‘Kate will take the rank of her husband, which means that when she’s at court, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie should curtsey to her.
But I don’t think there’s a chance they will. While William feels warmly towards his cousins, Beatrice and Eugenie, he’s conscious of the fact that they are lesser royals.
As future King, he will wish to see them behaving correctly towards their future Queen – but their attitude is likely to be, “Why should I? I was born royal – Kate wasn’t”.’
Yesterday a Buckingham Palace spokesman declined to comment.
Royal observers suspect Kate will not mind the new rules as she is keen to please everybody, but William may be less happy. However, it seems getting to grips with life in the royal household does have its benefits.
The increasingly glamorous Duchess is thought to have spent more than ?35,000 on couture and high-end outfits since the start of the year – and the bill is being met by her father-in-law.
Prince Charles has agreed to pay for any dresses the Duchess wears for ‘work-related’ functions and engagements through his official household budget.
He will open up his accounts to the public this week for the first time since Kate, 30, joined the family.
So, basically, the Queen let it be known that Kate and Camilla should always curtsey to the blood princesses, but in reality, it probably won’t happen because William wants to make sure that his cousins respect Kate’s position.
Basically, the rule should be “Everyone needs to curtsey to Princess Anne, and beyond that you’re all on your own.”
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Featured Links
You can follow any responses to this entry through the
Well… technically… she would be, no?
Eh. If she had a bit more class and a bit more brains maybe the royal highnesses could let her get away with being a bit less formal.
Sorry. I feel sooo bitchy today. I’ll say something nice, her hair is gorgeous and she’s tall. There.
Latest Comments

我要回帖

更多关于 drunk in love 的文章

随机推荐