用family,only,only daughter读后感,one,has,my造句

【小题1】A【小题2】C【小题3】B【小题4】D【小题5】A【小题6】C【小题7】D【小题8】B【小题9】A【小题10】B【小题11】C【小题12】D【小题13】B【小题14】C【小题15】D
解析【小题1】根据文章内容可知答案为A,表示支持的意思。【小题2】say sth to sb表示对于某人说什么,故选答案为C【小题3】根据上下文的内容可知答案为B【小题4】shout at sb,表示对···大喊,为固定词组搭配。故选答案为D【小题5】根据文章内容可知答案为A,表示在···之后,故选答案为A【小题6】根据后文内容Then I had kids of my own.可知答案为C,表示结婚的意思。【小题7】根据上下文的内容可知答案为D,表示是我的母亲的意思。【小题8】screamed为鄙视的意思,根据上下文内容可知答案为B故意【小题9】通过上下文可以判断出妈妈是安静地讲,故选答案为A【小题10】因为从下文来看,可知答案为B,表示母亲故意说自己走错了门,故选答案B【小题11】tell a lie,表示说谎,表示对于某人说谎的意思。故选答案为C【小题12】根据文章内容可知答案为D,表示已经死亡了【小题13】think of 表示想起···的意思,故选答案为B【小题14】根据上文的内容可知答案为C。表示震惊到某人。【小题15】根据文章内容and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you grow up with one eye.可知母亲把自己的一只眼睛给了他。
请选择年级七年级八年级九年级请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:初中英语
来源:2012届江苏省泰兴市洋思中学初三第二次模拟考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
My mum only had one eye. She cooked for students and teachers to&&& 16&&&the family when I was young. One day my mum came to 17 &hello to me in primary school. I was so embarrassed(尴尬的) that I threw her a hateful& 18&and ran out. The next day at school, one of my classmates said, “Your mum only has one eye!” and&& 19&&&& at me. I hated my mum and decided to leave her, so I studied very hard. Later I got a chance to go abroad to study and I left my mother. 20 graduation I worked, bought a house and got &&&21&there. Then I had kids of my own. I was happy with my wife and my kids. But one day someone knocked at my door. It was my& 22&&!When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I&& 23&&at her, “How dare you come to my house and scare my children! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!” And to this, my mum 24 &&answered, “Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have got the wrong&& 25&&,”and she disappeared. One day, a letter regarding a school reunion(聚会) came to my house. So I 26&&to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old house. My neighbors said that she&&& 27&&&. I did not have a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.My dearest son,&&& I am thinking 28  you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your  29  .&&&& I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was still an embarrassment to you when you were growing up.&& You see…when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you grow up with one eye. So I gave you&&& 30&&&.&& …& With all my love to you!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Your mother【小题1】A.supportB.provideC.offerD.prefer【小题2】A.speakB.talkC.sayD.tell【小题3】A.cryB.lookC.laughD.smell【小题4】A.smiledB.shoutedC.knockedD.laughed【小题5】A.AfterB.SinceC.BeforeD.Until【小题6】A.worriedB.excitedC.marriedD.satisfied【小题7】A.DadB.friendC.sonD.Mum【小题8】A.saidB.screamedC.talkedD.added【小题9】A.quietlyB.happilyC.loudlyD.angrily【小题10】A.nameB.addressC.numberD.city【小题11】A.laidB.toldC.liedD.lay【小题12】A.returnedB.movedC.hurtD.died【小题13】A.overB.ofC.outD.about【小题14】A.wifeB.sonC.familyD.daughter【小题15】A.hisB.yoursC.hersD.mine
来源:2012届江苏省泰州市四校初三第一次模拟英语试卷(带解析)
My mum only had one eye. She cooked for students and teachers to&&& 16&&&the family when I was young. One day my mum came to 17 &hello to me in primary school. I was so embarrassed(尴尬的) that I threw her a hateful& 18&and ran out. The next day at school, one of my classmates said, “Your mum only has one eye!” and&& 19&&&& at me. I hated my mum and decided to leave her, so I studied very hard. Later I got a chance to go abroad to study and I left my mother. 20 graduation I worked, bought a house and got &&&21&there. Then I had kids of my own. I was happy with my wife and my kids. But one day someone knocked at my door. It was my& 22&&!When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I&& 23 &&at her, “How dare you come to my house and scare my children! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!” And to this, my mum 24 &&answered, “Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have got the wrong&& 25 &&,”and she disappeared. One day, a letter regarding a school reunion(聚会) came to my house. So I 26 &&to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old house. My neighbours said that she&&& 27&&&. I did not have a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.My dearest son,&&&I am thinking 28  you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your  29  .&&&& I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was still an embarrassment to you when you were growing up.&& You see…when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you grow up with one eye. So I gave you&&& 30&&&.&& …& With all my love to you!&& Your mother【小题1】A.supportB.provideC.offerD.prefer【小题2】A.speakB.talkC.sayD.tell【小题3】A.cryB.lookC.laughD.smell【小题4】A.smiledB.shoutedC.knockedD.laughed【小题5】A.AfterB.Since C.BeforeD.Until【小题6】A.worriedB.excitedC.marriedD.satisfied【小题7】A.DadB.friendC.sonD.Mum【小题8】A.saidB.screamedC.talkedD.added【小题9】A.quietlyB.happilyC.loudlyD.angrily【小题10】A.nameB.addressC.numberD.city【小题11】A.laidB.toldC.liedD.lay【小题12】A.returnedB.movedC.hurtD.died【小题13】A.overB.ofC.outD.about【小题14】A.wifeB.sonC.familyD.daughter【小题15】A.hisB.yoursC.hersD.mine
来源:学年江苏省附属初中九年级第一次考试英语试卷(解析版)
My mum only had one eye. She cooked for
students and teachers to&&&41 &&the family when
I was young.
One day my mum came to  42 &hello
to me in primary school. I was so embarrassed(尴尬的) that I threw her a hateful &43 and
ran out.
The next day at school, one of my
classmates said, “Your mum only has one eye!” and&&44&&at
me.
I hated my mum and decided to leave her, so
I studied very hard. Later I got a chance to go abroad to study and I left my
mother. 45 graduation I worked, bought
a house and got&&&46 &there. Then I had kids of my
own. I was happy with my wife and my kids. But one day someone knocked at my
door. It was my&47 &!When she stood by the door, my children
laughed at her, and I&&48&&at her, “How dare you
come to my house and scare my children! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!” And to this, my
mum  49 &answered, “Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have got the
wrong&&50& ,”and she disappeared.
One day, a letter regarding a school
reunion(聚会) came to
my house. So I told a  51 &to my wife that I was going on
a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old house.
My neighbours said that she&&&52
&&. I did not have a single tear. They handed me a letter that
she had wanted me to have.
My dearest son,
I am thinking &53 you all the
time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your  54  .
I was so glad when I heard you were coming
for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m
sorry that I was still an embarrassment to you when you were growing up.
You see…when you were very little, you got
into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you
grow up with one eye. So I gave you&&&55 &.
&&…&
With all my love to you!
Your mother
A.support
B.provide
B.shouted
C.knocked
D.laughed
A.worried
B.excited
C.married
D.satisfied
B.screamed
A.quietly
B.happily
D.angrily
B.address
C.lie (谎言)
A.returned
D.daughter
来源:学年江苏省泰州市四校初三第一次模拟英语试卷(解析版)
My mum only had one eye. She cooked for
students and teachers to&&& 16&&& the
family when I was young.
&& One day my mum came to  17 &hello to me in primary school. I was so
embarrassed(尴尬的) that I
threw her a hateful& 18& and ran out.
&& The next day at school, one of my
classmates said, “Your mum only has one eye!” and&&
19&&&& at me.
&& I hated my mum and decided to
leave her, so I studied very hard. Later I got a chance to go abroad to study
and I left my mother. 20 graduation I worked, bought a house and got &&&21&
there. Then I had kids of my own. I was happy with my wife and my kids. But
one day someone knocked at my door. It was my& 22&& !When
she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I&&
23&& at her, “How dare you come to my house and scare my children!
GET OUT OF HERE NOW!” And to this, my mum  24&& answered, “Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have got
the wrong&& 25&& ,”and she disappeared.
&& One day, a letter regarding a
school reunion(聚会) came to
my house. So I  26&& to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I
went to the old house.
&& My neighbours said that she&&&
27&&& . I did not have a single tear. They handed me a
letter that she had wanted me to have.
&& My dearest son,
&&& I am thinking  28  you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to
your house and scared your  29  .
& &&&I was so glad when I
heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of
bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was still an embarrassment to you when you
were growing up.
&& You see…when you were very
little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t
stand watching you grow up with one eye. So I gave you&&&
30&&& .
&& …& With all my love to you!
&& Your mother
1.A.
support&&&&&&
B.
provide&&&&&& C.
offer&&&&&&&& D. prefer
2.A.
speak&&&&&&& & B.
talk&&&&&&&&& C.
say&&&&&&&&&& D. tell
3.A.
cry&&&&&&&&&&
B.
look&&&&&&&&& C.
laugh&&&&&&&& D. smell
4.A. smiled&&&& &&& &&& B.
shouted&&&&&& C. knocked&& & D. laughed
5.A.
After&&&&&&&&& &&& B.
Since&&&& && C.
Before&&&&&&& D. Until
6.A.
worried&&&&&&& &&& B.
excited&&&&&& C.
married&&&&&& D. satisfied
7.A.
Dad&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B.
friend&&&&&&& C.
son&&&&&&&&&& D. Mum
8.A.
said&&&&&&&&&& &&& B.
screamed&&&&& C. talked&&&&&&&
D. added
9.A.
quietly&&&&&&& &&& B.
happily&&&&&& C.
loudly&&&&&&& D. angrily
10.A.
name&&&&&&&&&& B.
address&&&&&& C.
number&&&&&& D. city
11.A.
laid&&&&&&&&&& B.
told&&&&&&&&& C.
lied&&&&&&&&& D. lay
12.A.
returned&&&&&& B.
moved&&&&&&& C.
hurt&&&&&&&&& D. died
13.A.
over&&&&&&&&& &&& B.
of&&&&&&&&&&& C.
out&&&&&&&&&& D. about
14.A.
wife&&&&&&&&&& B.
son&&&&&&&&&& C.
family&&&&&&& D. daughter
15.A.
his&&&&&&&&&&& && B.
yours&&&&&&&& && C.
hers&&&&&&&&& && D. mine小题1:A小题2:D小题3:B小题4:C小题5:D小题6:B小题7:A小题8:C小题9:B小题10:D小题11:C小题12:B小题13:D小题14:C小题15:A 小题16:B小题17:A小题18:D小题19:B小题20:A试题分析:本文的主要内容是:女儿不喜欢吃米饭,但我答应她只要吃了米饭,我就会给她任何她想要的东西。我万万没有想到,女儿会要求把头发剃光,我虽然吃惊,但还是履行了承诺。后来我无意中得知,女儿的一个同学得了白血病,女儿为了让他不受到嘲笑,所以剃光了自己的头发,我被女儿的善良深深感动。小题1:这里表示看起来很害怕,looked看起来,故选A。小题2:这里表示她特别不喜欢米饭,particularly特别地,故选D。小题3:这里想说为什么你不吃几口米饭,仅仅是为了爸爸,mouthful一口,故选B。小题4:根据her tears with the back of her hands,故选C,wiped擦。小题5:&这里含有一个宾语从句,引导词在从句中作宾语,且表示任何东西的意思,故选D小题6:根据After the ordeal was through,故选B。小题7:根据“Darling ,we will be sad seeing you with a clean-shaved head 。”,故选A。小题8:根据“Dad ,you saw how difficult it was to eat the rice 。”,故选C。小题9:这里表示而且你答应过我,And而且,故选B。小题10:这里表示是时候兑现承诺了,time时机,故选D。小题11:keep one’s promise是固定用法,意思是信守诺言,故选C。小题12:根据Just then , a boy& shouted ,Sindu please wait for me !可知我送她去学校,故选B。小题13:这个句子中包含一个主语从句,且引导词在从句中作主语,故选D。小题14:这里想表达你的女儿确实非常伟大,indeed确实,故选C。小题15:suffer from 是固定用法,意思是患病,故选A。小题16:这里想表达受化疗的影响,故选B,effects影响。小题17:这里想表达他拒绝来学校,come back回来 turn back往回走 pay back偿还 date back追溯到,故选A。小题18:这里表示我决不会想象到,故选D。小题19:根据That boy who is walking along with your daughter is my son Harish ,故选B。小题20:这是一个宾语从句,且引导词在从句中表示“如何”的意思,故选A。点评:答题前一定要略读全文,把握文章要表达的主题,注意前后句与句,段落与段落之间的关系。答题中,一定要认真分析,注意选项与上下文的关系,与前后单词的关系。对于一时没有太大的把握的题可以放到最后再来完成,因为有时答案可以从下文内容体现出来。答完后再通读一遍文章,看看所选选项能不能是语句通顺,语意连贯。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Becoming a fireman is a challenging and competitive job today. A fireman’s main duty is being scheduled according to the fighting and extinguishment(熄灭) of fire which definitely requires being a strong man, both mentally and physically.The duty of a fireman involves protection of life and property of the public. They are the servicemen who are decisively selected by an organization to deal with situations like fire. The duty of a fireman intentionally consists of helping innocent people in their time of need. Such type of jobs is one of those few jobs where service is provided for people when they need help immediately. This may include rescuing people from a building at fire, providing them with medical facilities, extinguishing fire in a house or in a large commercial building. Serving people is the main intention of these professionals. The satisfaction which a fireman gets from this type of job cannot be compared to any other profession in the world.Such profession demands top-level commitment and professionalism from .those who have chosen it as a career. Fireman should possess the highest level of courage and patience to put their lives in danger for the sake of others. They undergo lessons of maintaining patience for long hours and go through complete preparation to become successful and well-organized professional firemen. There are certain tests that are recommended before becoming a fireman.It’s not that easy to become a fireman nowadays. A fireman is supposed to deal with unexpected situations, and they should be skilled at communicating with others and be self-disciplined at the same time.In order to be a good fireman, one must undergo(经历、接受) strict local fire department’s training program after passing all the tests. All the fire departments conclude a two-to-four-month course, including classroom training and practical training that cover firefighting techniques, fire avoidance, dangerous materials and urgent situation medical actions. Completing this training, trainees go through the department’s trial period of service that can last from three to six months, depending on the methods of selection.Firemen usually work both indoors and outdoors. They have to be on duty at all times and mostly work in shifts of at least 8 hours. They are also provided with several benefits which include medical aid plan, pension fund, annual leave and many more. Title: FiremanDefinitionThe servicemen
decisively selected by an organization to 小题1:_______ situations like
fire.小题2:&&&&&&● Helping innocent people 小题3:&&&&&&&&they need help.● Rescuing people from a building at-fire
and providing them with medical facilities.●小题4:&&&&&&&out fire in a house or in a large
commercial building.Requirements● Having top-level commitment and professionalism.● Being courageous and 小题5:&&&&&&&&.● Being strong both in body and 小题6: _________.● Having good 小题7:&&&&&&&skills.● Being self-disciplined.小题8:&&&&&&&● Firefighting techniques, fire avoidance,
dangerous materials and urgent situation medical actions.● The department’s trial period of service which possibly 小题9:_________
3~6 months.小题10:&&&&&&&Medical aid plans,
pension fund, annual leave and many more.&
BI’ve loved my mother’s desk since I was just tall enough to sit above the top of it. Mother sat writing letters. Standing by her chair, looking at the ink bottle, pens, and white paper, I decided that the act of writing must be a most wonderful thing in the world.Years later, during her final illness, Mother kept different things for my sister and brother. “But the desk,” she said again, “is for Elizabeth.”I never saw her angry, never saw her cry. I she showed in action. But as a young girl. I wanted to have heart-to-heart talks between mother and daughter.They never happened. And a gulf opened between us. I was “too emotional (易动感情的)”. But she lived “on the surface (表面)”.As years passed and I had my own family. I loved my mother and thanked her for our happy family. I wrote to her in careful words and asked her to let me know in any way she chose that she did forgive me.My hope turned to disappointment, then little interest and, finally, peace – it seemed that nothing happened. I couldn’t be sure that the letter had even got to Mother. I only knew that I had written it, and I could stop trying to make her into someone she was not.But the present of her desk told me, as she’d never been able to, that she was pleased that writing was my chosen work. I cleaned the desk carefully and found some papers inside – a photo of my father and a one-paper letter, folded and refolded many times. It was my letter.“In any way you choose, Mother, you always chose the act that speaks louder than words.”小题1:The writer began to love her mother’s desk________.A.after Mother diedB.after she wrote the letterC.when she was a childD.when Mother gave it to her小题2:The passage shows that_________.A.Mother was cold on the surface but kind in her heart to her daughterB.Mother was too serious about her daughter in wordsC.Mother wrote to her daughter in careful wordsD.Mother wrote to her daughter in careless words小题3:Which of the following is NOT true?A.The author may work as a writerB.The author and her mother love each other, but didn’t say it outC.Neither the author nor her mother had a happy family.D.The author’s mother is a person who prefers act to words.小题4:What did Mother do with her daughter’s letter asking for forgiveness?A.She had never received the letter.B.For years, she often talked about the letter. C.She didn’t forgive her daughter at all in all her life. D.She read the letter again and again till she died.小题5:What’s best title of the passage?A.My letter to MotherB.Mother and childrenC.My Mother’s DeskD.Talks between Mother and me
Mrs. Blake teaches English in a large school in the inner area of a big city on the west coast. Even since she was a young girl, she has wanted to become a teacher. She has taught eight years now and hasn’t changed her mind. After she graduated from high school, she went on to college. Four years later, she received her bachelor’s degree (BA) in English and her teaching certificate(证书). Then she went to teach in the secondary schools of her state. In the summers, Mrs. Blak she hopes to get a master’s degree ( MA ). With an MA, she will receive a higher salary and if possible, she hopes to get a doctor’s degree as well. The school day at Mrs. Blake’s high school, like that in many high schools in the United States, is divided into one hour each. Mrs. Blake must teach five of these periods. During her free period, which for her is from 2 to 3 P.M, Mrs. Blake must meet with parents, make our examinations, check assignments at all, Mrs. Blake works continuously from the time she arrives at school in the morning till the time she leaves for home late in the afternoon.小题1:How long is it since Mrs. Blake graduated from middle school?A.four yearsB.eight yearsC.twelve yearsD.twenty years小题2:According to the article, which is the right order of the degrees a person can receive after going to university?A.a doctor’s degree – a bachelor’s degree – a master’s degreeB.a bachelor’s degree – a master’s degree – a doctor’s degreeC.a master’s degree – a bachelor’s degree – a doctor’s degreeD.a bachelor’s degree – a doctor’s degree – a master’s degree小题3:How many degrees has Mrs. Blake achieved so far?A.oneB.twoC.threeD.four小题4:Which of the following sentences is not true?A.Mrs. Blake teaches in the inner area of big city on the east of the United States.B.Mrs. Blake has turned her wish of becoming a teacher into reality.C.Mrs. Blake is still studying in her holidays in order to get higher degree.D.The working hours in the school where Mrs. Blake works are similar to those of may other high schools in the states.
Peter and his seven-year-old sister ,Kate , were at the same school. Not long after his tenth birthday Peter was entrusted to take her to school.It was only two stops down the road , but the way his parents kept going on about it , you might have thought Peter was taking Kate to the North Pole . He was given instructions the night before. When he woke up , he had to listen to them over and over again. He was to keep hold of Kate’s hand at all times , sit close to the front nearest the window , and tell the bus driver the name of his stop. Peter repeated all this back to his mother and set out for the bus stop with his sister. They held hands all the way. Actually he didn’t mind this but simply hoped that none of his friends would see him holding a girl’s hand. The bus came. They got on and sat close to the front. It was ridiculous sitting there holding hands and there were some boys from school there, so they let go of each other.Peter was feeling proud of himself. He could take care of his sister anywhere. If they were alone tighter on a mountain pass and came face to face with a pack of hungry wolves, he could know exactly what to do. Taking care and not to make sudden movement, he would move away with Kate until they had their backs to a large rock. That way the wolves would not be able to surround them.Then he takes from his pocket two important things—his hunting knife and a box of matches. He takes the knife from its sheath(鞘) and sets it down on the grass, ready in case the wolves attack. They’re coming close now. They’re so hungry and are watering and growling (咆哮). Kate is crying, but he cannot comfort her. He knows he has to concentrate on his plan. Right at their feet are some dry leaves and twigs. Quickly and skillfully, Peter gathers them into a small pile. The wolves are edging closer. He has to get this right. There’s only one match left in the box. He bends down, cups his hand and lights the match. There’s strong rush of wind. The flame flickers, but Peter holds it close to the pile and then first one leaf, then another, then the end of a twig catch fire, and soon the little pile is burning. He piles on more leaves and twigs and larger sticks. The wolves are backing off. Wild animals are terrified of fire. The flames are leaping higher and the wind is carrying the smoke right into their jaws. Now Peter takes holds of the hunting knife and … Ridiculous! A daydream like this could make him miss his stop if he wasn’t careful. The bus had come to a halt. The kids from his school were already getting off. Peter leaped to his feet and just managed to jump to the pavement as the bus was starting off again. It was more than fifty yards down the road when he realized he had forgotten something. Was it his backpack ? No. It was his sister. He had saved her from the wolves and left her sitting there. For a moment, he couldn’t move. He stood watching the bus pull away up the road. “Come back,” he murmured, “Come back.”小题1:Which of the following is true according to the passage?A.Kate didn’t know their destination at all.B.Peter and Kate missed their stop in the end.C.Peter is thought to take Kate to the North Pole.D.Mother asked Peter to hold Kate’s hand all the way.小题2:Before getting on the bus, ________.A.Peter and Kate let go of each otherB.Peter was told instructions twiceC.Peter recited the instructions to his motherD.Peter managed to avoid meeting his friends小题3:Which of the following shows the right order of Peter fighting against the wolves?a. gather dry leaves and twigs into a small pileb. take out his hunting knife and matchesc. light the leaves and twigsd. move carefully with back to a rocke. attack wolves with knifef. strike a matchg. pile more leaves and sticksA.d-b-f-c-a-e-gB.d-b-a-f-c-g-eC.B-f-a-g-c-e-dD.A-g-b-c-f-e-d小题4:What can we infer from the passage?A.Peter felt anxious and helpless when the bus left.B.Peter succeeded in fighting against wolves.C.Kate would be absent from school that day.D.Peter brought hunting knife and matches with him.
Moving to a new city and state was difficult for me, especially in winter. Little did I know that a Colorado snowstorm would greet me after I had been in my new home for only a week.I just missed home. But more than the old house and the beach, I missed Stacey, my best friend. And I missed our lovely tea. Going to a sweet little tearoom, we had discovered was a special treat for us. The place was a Victorian dream, with delicate teacups and tablecloths with flower prints. The hat shelf near the front door swept us back to childhood. Stacey and I became little girls, trying on different hats until we found the perfect one for our dress-up tea party. We would then choose a lovely table and order our tea. That was a precious time, filled with laughter between scones(煎饼) and sharing our lives between tiny cucumber sandwiches.Springtime descended upon Denver, and the sun lightened my heart. But I still fought loneliness almost every day. I decided to explore the Denver area. While my husband went to the office, I took time to see what our new area had to offer.One day, I was walking along the street when suddenly the words "Tea Leaves" caught my eye. A tea room? Here, in the land of loneliness and pain?I walked through the doors, and tears came to my eyes. It was a beautiful room, not Victorian, but simple and lovely.I sat down and ordered a pot of tea, a cucumber sandwich, and some scones.It felt silly and wonderful --- and it felt like home. For the first time since moving, I felt as if this new city and state could be, would eventually be, my home. I would come back here and bring new friends. When Stacey visited, we would come here.I lifted my cup and made a silent toast. I toasted Stacey, whom I missed& ly, and I toasted the sweet little tearoom that lessened my pain.小题1: The author's hometown ______________.A.never snowsB.is still warm in winterC.has a long historyD.is in an area by the sea小题2:& The underlined word "treat" in Paragraph 2 probable means ____________.A.delicious foodB.something pleasantC.serviceD.a kind of tea party小题3: We can know from Paragraph 3 that the author ______________.A.didn't adapt to the new lifeB.felt comfortable in the new environment in springC.didn't feel lonely any more in springD.wanted to actively adapt to the new environment小题4:Which of the following about "Tea Leaves" is true?A.It made the author recall her childhood.B.It looks silly and wonderful.C.Cucumber sandwiches and scones are its specialties.D.It touched the author.小题5:We can infer from the text that the author would probably ____________.A.open her own teahouseB.ask the owner of the teahouse to decorate it like a homeC.make new friends in DenverD.go back to her hometown to visit Stacey
We’re surrounded by chemistry in everyday life. Sometimes it is easy to see, like when your science teacher does a big experiment in class. At other times, it can be pretty hard to see everyday chemistry at work, but nearly everything you touch or use has some element of chemistry in it.
Something as simple as toothpaste contains at least three chemicals, if not more. It is the mixture of them and its chemical reaction that keeps your teeth clean. Other things you use every day are created by chemistry, such as hair products, shampoo and soap. Adding detergent (洗涤剂) to water involves chemistry. Without chemistry, we would never have known that we need soap to get the oil out of clothes or skin. Chemistry not only helps us make products for use, but it also helps us understand the world around us. Chemistry helps us understand what the ozone layer (臭氧层) is and how it protects us. Chemistry also gives us sunscreen to protect us from the sun. Thanks to chemistry, we know bleach (漂白剂) can’t be mixed with vinegar(醋), because it can produce poisonous gas.Without chemistry, we wouldn’t have fireworks displays on important days. Chemistry plays a big role in food preparation. Cooking food causes it to go through a chemical change. That is why cooked food often tastes different from raw food. Baking is a great example of chemistry. Too much or too little of any ingredient(成分,尤指烹饪) makes a difference to the result of baking, for example, the dough (面团) won’t rise or the cake will be flat. Chemistry isn’t something that it’s something that you meet hundreds of times every day. Knowing how chemistry works will give you a greater understanding of the science behind some of the simplest-looking things.小题1:What’s the main idea of Paragraph 1?A.Chemistry is easy to see around us.B.Sometimes chemistry is hard to see around us. C.How a science teacher does a big experiment.D.Few things in everyday life contain chemistry.小题2:The following actions are about chemistry EXCEPT _____.A.cleaning teeth with toothpasteB.washing hair with hair productsC.using soap to get the oil out of clothesD.washing your face with water小题3:The underlined word “poisonous” in Paragraph 3 means _____.A.harmful B.healthy C.fresh D.pleasant小题4:Which one is TRUE according to Paragraph 4?A.One can’t find chemistry when cooking food.B.Chemistry plays an important part in food mak-ing.C.That dough rises is nothing to do with chemistry.D.A flat cake is the result of too many ingredients.小题5:Which of the following would be the best title for the text?A.Chemistry Around the HouseB.Chemistry in ScienceC.Chemistry for DinnerD.Chemistry in everyday life
Monday: Here I am, in the middle of nowhere. This camping trip idea is not getting off to a very good start. It’s raining and the tent leaks. The hiking seemed to take forever, and I still can’t understand how it could all have been up hill! How did I ever let my brother talk me into this? When we get home—if we ever get home—he’s going to have to do something great to get back on my good side. Maybe he should sponsor a shopping spree(狂购)at the mall!Tuesday: Things are looking up. The sun came out today, so we were able to leave the tents and dry out. We’re camped at the edge of a small lake that I couldn’t see before because of the rain and fog. The mountains are all around us, and the forest is absolutely beautiful. We spent most of the day dragging out everything out of our backpacks or tents and putting it where the sun could dry it out. Later in the afternoon we tried to catch the fish for dinner, but the fish were smarter than we were. At night we built a fire and sang songs happily.Wednesday: We hiked to the far side of the lake and climbed to the top of a small peak. From there we could see how high the other mountains were and how far the forest spread around us. On the way up we passed through a snowfield!Thursday: I caught my first fish! We followed the stream that fed the lake. After about two miles, we came to a section that Carol said looked “fishy”. She had a pack rod(竿), which can be carried in a backpack. I asked to cast it, and I caught a fish on my first try. Carol caught a few more. But they were just too pretty to eat for lunch so we put them back in the stream.Friday: I can’t believe we are going home already. It will be nice to get a hot shower, sleep in a real bed, and eat junk food, but the trip has been wonderful. We’re already talking about another camping adventure next year where we canoe down a river. It’s hard to believe, but I think this city girl has a little country blood in her veins.小题1:The writer went on this camping trip because________.A.she enjoyed camping B.she wanted to go fishingC.she was influenced by her brotherD.she was tired of staying at home小题2:The whole morning of Tuesday, the writer ________.A.hiked along the lakeB.dried out her belongings C.climbed the mountainD.caught the fish for dinner小题3:It can be inferred that Carol had a pack rod with her because ________. A.she could not afford to buy a regular fishing poleB.she needed it to get their main source of foodC.she thought the writer of the journal might need itD.she expected to go fishing while they were hiking小题4:It is likely that the writer will ________.&&A.go on another camping tripB.invite Carol to go fishing together C.make her brother buy her something D.convince her brother to go camping
题型:完形填空
A friend of mine met with an accident driving in darkness. His legs were so hurt that he couldn’t move. What was the &&1&&was he found himself unable to ask for help-his mobile phone went out of &&2 &as a result of exhausted battery. Nothing could be done but to& 3&&in cold wilderness. It was 8 hours later that day broke, and then the &&4&&of the rescue. It is almost &&5&&that he could stand the horror in the darkness for so long. Even more surprising was his& 6&: “First of all I checked up my &&7&&conditions and found myself not in fatal danger. As there was no &&&8&&to call for help, I leaned back in my seat trying my best to keep the wound from& 9&.& In this way I dozed (打盹) off.”His story put an end to my regret for the &&10&&of an exploration adventure that happened last year. A group of young men &&11&&to explore a mountain cave and got lost. & 12&&to find a way out in the dark cave they were frightened and ran anxiously without a sense of &&13&. Finally they fell dead in fear and exhaustion. According to the &&14&&people that found them, the place where they got lost was only about 10 meters away from the& 15&&of the cave. If they stayed on the spot when they lost their way and tried to &&16&themselves, they would probably sense a faint light glimmering (闪烁) not far away. Don’t you think that you can compare it with &&17&&itself? When you meet with obstacles in life and work, you are lost in darkness. &&18&&you it’s unclear yet and you needn’t put up struggle &&19&. It seems to be a negative attitude, &20&&a person who can afford to do so must have foresight as well as a great courage in the first place.小题1:A.hopelessB.worstC.moreD.best小题2:A.serviceB.wayC.orderD.work小题3:A.cryB.lieC.waitD.sleep小题4:A.delayB.successC.teamD.arrival小题5:A.untrueB.unimaginableC.trueD.useless小题6:A.planB.decisionC.explanationD.excuse小题7:A.physicalB.mentalC.workingD.medical小题8:A.methodB.wayC.alternativeD.strength小题9:A.rottingB.spreadingC.hurtingD.bleeding小题10:A.lossB.failureC.disappointmentD.sadness小题11:A.hadB.managedC.triedD.planned小题12:A.WillingB.UnableC.DeterminedD.Deciding小题13:A.hearingB.sightC.feelingD.direction小题14:A.rescueB.villageC.localD.brave小题15:A.endB.topC.openingD.side小题16:A.saveB.helpC.stopD.calm小题17:A.adventureB.workC.lifeD.mankind小题18:A.MindB.WatchC.ImagineD.Warn小题19:A.reallyB.immediatelyC.carefullyD.hopefully小题20:A.andB.soC.butD.while

我要回帖

更多关于 only if 造句 的文章

随机推荐