Youwhy should we readread in bed错了吗

Sleep calculator tells you what time you should be in bed | Daily Mail Online
Clever sleep calculator tells you EXACTLY what time you should be in bed based on when you start work (and it isn't as early as you think)
Calculator picks best time to drop off linked to body's 90-minute sleep 'cycles'If you start work at 9am, ideally you should try and go to bed around 10:46pm
Tool is designed to ensure you don't wake
mid-way through a cycle, which can leave you feeling groggy - even if you've had eight hours' sleep
09:33 BST, 22 March 2017
09:58 BST, 22 March 2017
A new sleep calculator claims to be able to tell you the exact minute you need to enter the land of nod to ensure you wake up refreshed and ready to take on the world.The tool rebuffs the idea that getting an early night in is the best way to achieve the optimum amount of shut-eye, suggesting instead that all we need to really know is when to latch on to the start of a new sleep cycle so we wake up at the end of one - and avoid that groggy feeling.Sleep for an average adult occurs in 90-minute cycles, meaning we go through five or six a night. Waking mid-way through a cycle can leave you feeling more tired.Scroll down for video
Entering the land of nod at the right time - and catching the beginning of a 90-minute sleep cycle - is more important than going to bed early, a new calculator says
The calculator counts back from the time a person needs to wake in 90 minute cycles and takes into account a '15 minute dropping off period'.So, if you need to be at the office by 9:00am, rising at 8am, it advises that you either go to bed at 10:46pm or wait for the next cycle to begin at 12:16am.
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
The creators, blind retailer Web Blinds, explain:
'Getting a good night's sleep is about more than simply going to bed early – it's about waking up at the right time too.'Using a formula based on the body's natural rhythms, the Sleep Calculator will work out the best time for you to rise or go to sleep.'
In the office for 9am? Then you'll need to be opening those peepers at 8am
The good news is that 8am risers can stay up til nearly 11pm, as long as they're catching the right cycle...In January, the team at the interior brand Hillarys.co.uk created a
to tell people how many crucial minutes of sleep a night they were missing out on.
KNOW YOUR SLEEP TYPE - AND GET A BETTER NIGHT'S KIP
Some people like Margaret Thatcher, Gandhi and Winston Churchill may have famously thrived on less sleep but they're a rarity.In fact, researchers at the University of California, San Francisco discovered a gene mutation in people that predisposed them to needing about 20 per cent less sleep than the rest of us. But they estimate those 'short-sleepers' only comprise around five per cent of the population.
While some people only need just a few hours' sleep a night, others find it hard to function without eight hours 'Sleep is like height, it's genetically determined,' says Dr Stanley. So if your mum or dad were short sleepers you may be too. But while the amount of sleep you need can vary from three to nine hours, most people need 7-8.''The best gauge is how you feel during the day,' says Dr Ramlakhan.'The signs you're not getting enough sleep are cravings for sweets, caffeine and carbohydrates, wanting to go back to sleep as soon as you wake up and thinking about sleep during the day'.Conversely, she says if you wake up without an alarm clock at the same time everyday – whether it's for work, at the weekend or on holiday – with only 4-5 hours sleep you could be among the lucky few genuine 'short-sleepers'.
Visitors to the site are asked to input their age and how many hours of sleep they got during the night before.The Lost Sleep Calculator then reveals whether the person really is sleep deprived and, if so, how much sleep they are losing over a week, month, year and their lifetime overall.The tool also takes brand new data from a poll of 2,550 Britons aged 18 or over and uses this to reflect how long a user spends sleepless because of niggling thoughts.
If a 27-year-old gets six of the recommended eight hours sleep a night, they'll be missed out on 11 years worth of sleep over their lifetime. How’s this worked out? Simply, each hour of lost sleep actually feels like one-and-a-half hours, according to the expertsThe poll found that respondents are regularly kept awake by thinking about topics ranging from rows with family and friends through to sex with their partners, or without them.The website also reveals some more serious findings about the consequences of sleeplessness, such as how many people report loneliness and bad moods.A spokesperson for the site who created the tool said: 'Many of us get into that competitive tiredness debate, where we feel like we are far more tired than our partner or peers and are far more stressed. 'It’s commonplace to complain of feeling like a zombie, but are we really as sleep deprived as we think?'
Read more:
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have not been moderated.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
[陕旅版]5年级英语下册课件Lesson14.ppt 15页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可全文免费在线阅读后下载本文档。
下载提示
1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
需要金币:150 &&
[陕旅版]5年级英语下册课件Lesson14
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
Welcometoourclass!;(陕旅版)五年级英语下册课件;K;1)whatareyoudoing?Iamreading.这句话是现在进行时,它的构成是Be﹢doing,表示现在正在进行的动作或存在的状态。如:Whatishedoing?(他在干什么?)Heisdrawingapicture.(他正在画一幅画。)2)Youshouldnotreadinbed.Itisbadforyoureyes.①readinbed在床上看书inbed躺在床上②shouldn′t是shouldnot的缩写形式,should意为“应该”是一个情态动词,后面加动词的原形,那么shouldn′t就表示的是“不应该”,该词具有建议的意味。如:Weshouldreadabook,butshouldn′treadinbed.(我们应该读书,但是不应该躺在床上读书。)3)Ifyouaretired,stopreading.①tired是一个形容词,表示劳累的,疲劳的。如:Iamtired.②If意为“如果”,用来引导条件状语从句,常用来表示如果…就…得意思。如:Ifyouarehappy,clapyourhands.(如果你是高兴的,就拍拍你的手。)IfIknow,Iwilltellyou.(如果我知道,我就告诉你。);③stopdoingsth表示停止干某事stoptalking别说了stopcrying别哭了4)Readatthetableandyoushouldhaveagoodhabit.①atthetable在桌子旁如:Shesitsatthetabledoingherhomework.(她坐在桌子旁做家庭作业。)②haveagoodhabit这是一个固定短语,意为“有个良好的习惯”如:Weshouldhaveagoodhabit.(我们应该有个良好的习惯.)比如说有个不好的习惯,用“haveabadhabit”.;Weshouldn’tbelateforschool.Weshouldbeontimeandweshouldhaveagoodhabit.;Weshouldn’tmakesnoiseinthelibrary.Weshouldkeepquietandweshouldhaveagoodhabit.;Weshouldn’treadinbed.Weshouldsitatthetableandweshouldhavegoodhabit.;Weshouldn’ttalkinclass.Weshouldlistentotheteachercarefullyandweshouldhaveagoodhabit.;Beforedinner,Washyourhand.Afterdinner,Brushyourteeth.Haveawash.Haveabrush.;Goodbye!
正在加载中,请稍后...> 【答案带解析】The bed should be reserved as a place fo...
The bed should be reserved as a place for sleep, but people tend to read an iPad a lot in bed before they go to sleep.Charles Czeisler, a professor at Harvard Medical School, and his colleagues got a small group of people for an experiment. For five days in a row, the people read either a paper book or an iPad for four hours before sleep. Their sleep patterns were monitored all night. Before and after each trial period, the people took hourly blood tests to paint a day-long picture of just how much melatonin (褪黑激素) was in their blood at any given time.When subjects read on the iPad as compared to the paper books, they reported feeling less sleepy at night and less active the following morning. People also took longer to fall asleep on the iPad nights, and the blood tests showed that their melatonin secretion (分泌) was delayed by an hour and a half.The researchers conclude in today's journal article that given the rise of e-readers and the increasingly widespread use of e-things among children and adolescents, more research into the long-term consequences of these devices on health and safety is urgently needed. Czeisler and colleagues go on, in the research paper, to note:“Reading an iPad in bed may increase cancer risk.”However, software has been developed that can reduce some of the blue light from the screens of phones and computers according to time of day, and there are also glasses that are made to filter (过滤) short wavelengths. While they seem like a logical solution for the nighttime tech users, it needs more research.1.In Charles Czeislers experiment, all the subjects were asked to______.A. sit in a row and receive the strict testsB. have their sleep patterns observed all nightC. read a paper book and an iPad at the same timeD. have their blood tested per hour during the trial2.The third paragraph tells us the iPad readers were likely to____________.A. feel less sleepy and tired in the dayB. fall asleep more easily after readingC. become less energetic the next morningD. have a lot more melatonin secretion3.The special software recently developed can______.A. remove the blue light from your devices completelyB. help prevent eyes being harmed by short wavelengthC. weaken the harm done by doing nighttime e-readingD. be used in all the e-things widely and safely4.Which of the following can be the best title for the text?A. No e-reading in bed before sleepB. New software for night e-readersC. Wrong behaviors before bedtimeD. No games on iPad in bed 
试题分析:这篇短文主要讲述:床是睡觉的地方,可是现在有些人喜欢在睡之前躺在床上看iPad。教授的抽查研究表明,这样对身体很有害。那么需要进一步研究更先进的可减少对身体危害的软件。
1.B 细节理解题。A sit in a row and receive the strict tests坐成一排,接受严格的测试;B. ha...
考点分析:
考点1:日常生活类阅读
相关试题推荐
My 16-year-old son, Anton, had gone to the local swimming hole.Most of the kids swim there, and there are plenty of rocks for them to use as safe harbors, so I had no fears for his safety.Still, the firefighter's first words "You need to come up here to the Stillwater River" made me catch my breath, and his follow-up words gave me relief: “ Your son is OK.”When I got to the river, I immediately saw the fire truck, ambulance and Anton, wrapped with a towel about his shoulders, sitting quietly on a low platform of the fire engine.I hurried over to him. "You OK?"I asked.“Yeah," was all he said.But my eyes begged for an explanation. I didn't get it from my son, however, who tends to play his cards close to his vest.The story was this: A woman was being swept under water. Hearing the cries, Anton and his friend Tyler, without hesitation, swam out to her, and brought her safely to shore.In an age in which the word "hero" is broadcast with abandon and seemingly applied to anyone who make it through the day, I realized the real thing in my son.The teens are stubborn and self-centred, but that didn't mean they have no desire to do good.Still shocked by my son's daring, I drove him home.Along the way, I tried to dig out some more information from him - but he had precious little to say.The only words he said were,“What's for supper?"I spent some time alone that evening, thinking about the tragedy that might have been. The next morning, when Anton got up, I half wanted him to tell me the story.But all he did was toast some bread, pull himself together, and head for the door to start a new day. Watching from the window, I was reminded that still water often runs deep.1.Why did the mother allow her son to swim there?A. He was an excellent swimmer.B. The water of the river is shallow.C. He was old enough to swim.D.The rocks can be of help if there's danger.2.The underlined part "who tends to play his cards close to his vest" probably means ________A. Anton is a boy fond of swimming with other kidsB. Anton is unwilling to tell others what he thinksC. Anton always has a desire to help othersD. Anton seldom changes his mind3.In the mother's eyes, what her son did was__________A. dangerous but interestingB. meaningful but difficultC. unexpected and courageousD. awful and absurd4.What might be the best title for the passage?A. My Son, My Hero
B. Anton, A Silent BoyC. A Good Deed
D.A Proud Mother 
It's time for your family to relax and have fun! The following family adventures have links for you to get more information.Take the Rides of Your LifeVisit Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, to seek thrills "Even though it's located off the beaten track, experts regularly praise Cedar Point as the best overall theme park of the country," says U.S. News & World Report. The park calls itself the roller coaster capital of the world, and with 16 to choose from, it's hard to argue. It's open daily from May 10 through Labor D weekends only from Labor Day through November 2.Tickets start at $ 48.99 per person if purchased online.http://www.cedarpoint,com.Wander Free on a Dude farmDust off your cowboy boots and ready your cowboy hats for a visit to this Rocky Mountains paradise. Located in Augusta, Montana, "The farm has everything an aspiring cowboy or girl could long for," says Sunset magazine, including hiking trails, fishing trips, campfires with sing-alongs, and, of course, horseback rides. The large farm operates from June through S kids-only and adults-only programs are available.Total cost starts at $ 1,360 per adult, $ 1,276 per teen, and $ 1,168 per child.http://www.triplejranch.com.Dig for DinosaursMost kids (and adults)love dinosaurs, and to make their wildest dreams come true, head to Fruita, Colorado. The Museum of Western Colorado offers Dino Digs for children ages five and older. You can choose from one-, three-, and five-day expeditions. "Imagine how your child will feel when she helps unearth the fossilized(化石)bones of ancient species," says Outside magazine. It lasts from May to October.Digs start at $ 125 per person.http://www.museumofwesternco.comSurf Sand DunesSwap your snowboard for a sand-board, and head to Sand Master Park in Florence, Oregon. Real Simple recommends learning the basics at this private dune park, "which offers board rentals and lessons - often taught by world-champion sand boarders." Then you 'can hit the "slopes" to test your skills. From March to June, and September to November.Rentals for a sand-board start at $ 10 per
lessons start at $ 45 an hour per person.http:/'www. Sandmasterpark.com.1.What is special about Cedar Point?A. You can visit Cedar Point on weekends.B. It has 16 roller coasters for you to choose from.C. You can help unearth the fossilized bones of dinosaurs.D. It offers lessons taught by world-champion sand boarders.2.If you have a 3-day holiday in April, which of the following may interest you most?A. Take the Rides of Your LifeB. Wander Free on a Dude farmC. Dig for DinosaursD. Surf Sand Dunes3.Where will you probably find this passage?A. A science fiction
B. An adventure storybookC. A travel magazine
D. A theme park advertisement 
假如你是李华,你的英国笔友Jack来信询问中国人是如何庆祝国庆的。请根据以下提示,给他回一封电子邮件。1. 普天同庆:大街小巷及各大商店焕然一新,悬挂中国国旗,有些出租车和私家车也悬挂国旗。2. 休闲度假:国庆期间,人们可以外出旅游,也可以回家与家人团聚等.3. 你自己度过这次国庆节的方式。注意:1. 不要逐字逐句翻译。2. 词数100左右(开头与结尾已给出,不计入总词数)参考词汇
国庆节:National Day
私家车:private car
国旗: national flagDear Jack,You asked me in your letter how people in China celebrate National Day. Let me tell you.   Yours,Li Hua 
短文改错(满分10分)下面短文中共有十处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误只涉及到一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该增加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意:1. 每处错误及其修改词均限一词。2. 只许修改10处,多者(从11处起)不记分。Once a year, a race is held. A lot of cars took part in this race in last year and there had a lot of experiments just before it began. One of the most beautiful car was a Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost. The most usual car was a Benz which had only three wheels. Building in 1885, it was an oldest car in the world. After a great many loud noises, the race began. Many of the cars broke down on the way, but some drivers spent much time under their cars than in it. The winner car reach a speed of forty miles an hour. 
 阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式(3个单词以内)。Dear Tom,How time
(fly)! You have been studying in Beijing for nearly a month, during which you must have achieved a lot. Well,
is everything going? It is reported that the weather there is very hot and dry these days, which is very different from
of your county. Have you adapt to it? In
(add), you once complained that the food
(serve) there was not to your taste. I hope that should have been improved.I am glad to tell you that I will go to Beijing to take part in an English contest in July, 6.
is not only an honor, but also a great opportunity for me
(improve) myself. And now I try my best to make preparation for it. However, I have some difference8.
(collect) the material relevant(有关的) and using the language. I will appreciate it if you give me a hand to solve
problem.After the contest, I am to drop in at your school to visit you.Please wait
my phone.Yours,Li Hua 
题型:阅读理解
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 you should be here 的文章

随机推荐