the best way toof learning

as it is What is the Best Way to Learn a Language
What is the Best Way to Learn a Language05/17/2014
打开听写窗关闭源稿窗
当前播放音频
源 稿 窗在文章中双击或划词查词典字号 +
&折叠显示&
&全文显示&
From VOA Learning English this is As It Is.
I’m Anna Matteo in Washington.Today on, As It Is, we will hear about something our listeners do every day they hear, read or watch VOA Learning English --
learning a second language.We will hear whether being surrounded by a foreign language, or immersed in it, is the best way to learn a language.
Or are traditional lectures with grammar rules and vocabulary lists the best way to learn to speak like a native speaker.Steve Ember has more on that topic.What is the best way to learn a new language
A small study of foreign language learning in adults compared two methods. One is known as the explicit or classroom method.
This is the kind of traditional classroom teaching where students are taught a lot of information about grammar rules.The other method is known as the implicit or immersion method. The idea here is to learn much the way children do when they learn a native language. That is, by being with native speakers and absorbing the language that surrounds them, generally without a lot of explanation. Teachers may combine these two methods into what Professor Michael Ullman calls immersion-style classroom teaching. But is that necessarily a better way to learn a languageMr. Ullman was the senior investigator for the new study. He is a professor of neuroscience at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington.
He says he was surprised to find that combining the two methods might not help the brain in processing the new language.MICHAEL ULLMAN: "You know, if my life were on the line, and I had to learn a language, what would I do I'm not sure. One possibility would be that, to start with explicit and then go to immersion, right Start with classroom and then go to immersion. But there is this possibility that classroom could hurt later immersion. That's what, you know, one possibility of interpreting our data."The twenty-one adults in the experiment learned Brocanto2, a thirteen-word language created for the study. The words and grammar rules relate to a computer game similar to chess that the learners played. For example, "Blom neimo lu neep li praz" means "The square blom-piece switches with the neep-piece."The researchers tested the people three to six months after they had learned the language, to see how well they could remember it. The study found that those who had learned it with the immersion method had brain waves similar to those of native speakers of a language when speaking that language.Professor Ullman says those who trained with the classroom method also became more native-like in their brain processing.
But only the immersion group showed full native-like processing of the grammar.
Still, he says teachers should be careful how they use the results of his study.MICHAEL ULLMAN: "You know I would not make any curriculum changes based on this. Nevertheless, it is suggestive, and I think it warrants further research to see whether in fact what kind of training might in fact be best not just for reaching the native brain bases but also for, you know, maximum proficiency in different aspects of language, like grammar, you know, syntax and lexicon. So I think further research is warranted. And it may be, for example, that a combination of classroom and immersion might be best. But we don't know that."I'm Steve Ember.And I’m Anna Matteo.So which way of learning a language is working best for you
Do you think immersion is the best way to learn a language Or do you believe the traditional lecture model is good enough Let us know in our comment section!And find us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter for more Learning English stories.欢迎来到21世纪教育网题库中心!
The best way of learning a language is always using it. The best way of learning spoken English is _26__in English as much as possible. Sometimes you‘ll get your words __27__up and people will not __28_ you. Sometimes people will _29__things too quickly and you can’t understand them. But __30__ you keep your sense of humor, you can always have a good laugh at the mistakes you __31__. Don’t be unhappy if people seem to be laughing __32__ your mistakes. It’s __33__ for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you, _34_ they don’t understand what you are saying. The most important thing for learning English is: “Don’t be __35_ of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes.”【小题1】& ^7 W+ I7 A$ @/ E
dA.listening2 h! P; b: E; [4 @! B, @B.talking* E- S' f" N* X$ \# @& D8 OC.reading6 W. U0 G4 J; L& S* ], N8 J- H
TD.writing% D; @! h/ Q# L
F+ @. Q+ V0 Y; _4 b: I【小题2】3 F5 B# X8 ^1 Z) H# O6 OA.mix
[' h, U3 ]" B3 P9 I1 ^B.mixing; K' M: [/ E/ U' ^; H- a
fC.to mix( U9 S; I) Y, i
C9 \$ h" E3 H* gD.mixed. _+ g5 S6 ?* I$ L* _! L7 N8 E: H# j! Y) @. a
j( Q+ \【小题3】- S, O
a1 Y* [+ h/ I. @' RA.like4 K3 U9 O& U% j! _B.know' @, \- \3 @; L+ N/ jC.help' U9 Y/ g+ S( X. H$ S- KD.understand" V
I2 b! B, f" A" I+ G" D$ @$ M" a' ?1 L6 d6 Y1 E【小题4】% O* f# K, Z$ S) O" M+ bA.say
I2 ?' j, \
?) J+ YB.talk( F$ E( j/ b9 M2 WC.tell. f! ?# J0 _$ e0 f( WD.speak* j# b: a7 D$ X6 d" N" M% M& M2 B1 h8 Z/ H: Y( `. @8 Z' N【小题5】
J! b( D# i$ M. W, J; Z! jA.if+ U/ M
a5 e0 b- T+ R) ]B.when9 F8 d3 K' Q9 b/ j4 hC.since! O' K# `; _0 O/ \* d4 hD.although! c3 J8 I3 T1 J1 H$ A/ K' ?8 W) B% g【小题6】4 T8 E7 B4 J/ G4 L( NA.have) H0 S4 j* Q6 B% S- f+ J5 ^B.make0 V0 K2 K0 aC.take! D& ]8 R0 C6 ZD.product, ?% P( e+ _7 R- L8 a) e* a+ N! i+ @+ [% U【小题7】5 Y; ]) ^0 L! Q( P# ?4 ?A.at3 J
A- ]) O' b7 g! Y- `3 dB.on" S) S5 @* ?, S$ V
AC.in3 c: ^( H5 d( H
VD.for; P) T3 Y: Y7 J+ S! ?) B8 Z- F$ a7 D. g【小题8】# O4 H9 V# H
^7 G3 h# \; cA.good8 ^& g5 K9 b- D2 A$ Q& F1 Q. ?+ eB.better/ C/ A7 T6 R' `
i0 W& f, _+ MC.best; h# C' K* M. S
XD.well$ M$ O% Q. M1 V. [+ D5 ]8 [( f5 D- \3 j5 c2 ]# B! _/ X# O【小题9】( _. X1 K0 b
E( @; U$ B4 DA.unless- V7 K6 I3 U) G& c' ^B.because$ f% V
b+ E3 A+ i! `C.as soon as ( P# Q$ g( d+ Q+ P! Y: BD.as long as( F. K5 S5 `0 D! h
O) P# S; d: I! j$ ^1 G+ M! P1 J: Y! I4 _" S4 V【小题10】+ b& V1 O; e1 P& i7 L3 cA.sad- \. \: ?0 W
^1 B; iB.worry$ ?
g- Q( W7 ]) h3 UC.afraid
R5 Z* c# I- i- D( J* @3 N' HD.Unhappy4 ]" O. S2 `" O' i9 D4 Z; E1 @6 b! H$ a' W# V9 C1 K! K
答案【小题1】B【小题2】D【小题3】D【小题4】A【小题5】A【小题6】B【小题7】A【小题8】B【小题9】B【小题10】CThe best way of learning a language is by_______(use)it._百度作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
The best way of learning a language is by_______(use)it.
The best way of learning a language is by_______(use)it.
The best way of learning a language is by_______(use)it.using
by是介词,后面要加动名词论坛精彩内容
 -  -  -  -  -  -
Copyright &
All Rights ReservedIn a large organisation, what does the group think is the best way of structuring the CSR function internally? | LinkedIn
Have something to say? Join LinkedIn for free to participate in the conversation.When you join, you can comment and post your own discussions.In a large organisation, what does the group think is the best way of structuring the CSR function internally?In these times of constantly ensuring that operations are streamlined and of course aligned to business objectives, how would the group structure its &dream CSR department& in a large listed company? How would you delineate responsibilities and what would the ideal reporting structure be? Really interested to hear thoughts from all sectors!Are you sure you want to leave this group? Cancel

我要回帖

更多关于 the best way 的文章

随机推荐