how do people throw rocksuse these rocks?

Why do people use rocks to decorate their yards
Why do people use rocks to decorate their yards?
Why do people use rocks to decorate their yards?
already exists.
Would you like to merge this question into it?
already exists as an alternate
of this question.
Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?
exists and is an alternate of .
Merge this question into
and merge into it
It's their Personal Choice.
Just like why some people paint their houses yellow, others paint their houses red, or green...
It's their Personal Choice.
Just like why some people paint their houses yellow, others paint their houses red, or green...
Minor edit?
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
What message do you hope readers take away from The Book of Life?
Yes, Iranian people decorate their homes very extravagantly. The average, middle-class Iranian's home is decorated in a fusion of Persian and European Rococo decorations. An e&xample of each: All Iranian homes have Persian rugs, which are known to be the finest in the world. a simple rug can have a price tag of tens of thousands of dollars. Furniture tends to resemble Rococo.
However, in more rural parts of Iran, the home tends to look very Persian.
found this useful
 There are several different ways that people use sedimentary rocks. The chalk used in classrooms around the world is a type of sedimentary rock. Limestone is a sedimen&tary rock that is used in concrete, building stones, antacids, soil conditioner, and steel making. Coal is another sedimentary rock which is used to produce heat and electricity. Shale is used to make brick. Sandstone is used in construction and glass production.
found this useful
Because it's beautiful and serene, not to mention eye-catching and interesting. It's very much fun to do. actually, it's a little more indepth than that.the foundation for Bud&dhism, and multitudes of people flock to the temples in South Korea to worsh and some stack stones. This stacking of stones is a recent practice, and is probably due to monks stacking stones, as well, in the past. This practice is probably a form of worshipping, but it's mainly a gesture of asking or wishing for good fortune to be bestowed on the stacker and his/her family. Each stone within the stack represents a particular wish and possibly, family member. This is why you see it alot at the beginning of a driveway in people's yards as a wish for good fortune as you pass
found this useful
Landscape rocks are popular, attractive, and functional.
Their uses are diverse, from pathways to walls to decorative edging and ground cover.
They add great texture and col&or and are a true asset to any landscape.
Calming neutrals or bold and bright? Would you prefer lots of open storage space or only the most essential furniture? Where would you rather live -- a city or a remote villag&e?if (typeof _Qz !== 'undefined' && typeof _Qz['start'] === 'function'){_Qz.start();} if (typeof dataLayer == 'undefined') { var dataLayer = []; } dataLayer.push({'quizType': 'personality', 'quizColor': 'red', 'quizFormat': 'slideshow'});
Psychologists have suggested that genetics play a significant role in personality. This in turn implies that personality is not unique to human beings. What evidence do we hav&e of personality traits in animals?
If you're like most people with brothers and sisters, you might be amazed at how different people can be when they share the same set of parents and the same home during child&hood and adolescence. At the same time, psychologists argue that genetics play a significant role in our personalities.
How much control do you think you have over your life? An influential social-cognitive learning theory of personality, locus of control, describes the differences people show &in this belief and the impact their beliefs have on their behavior.
Why on earth would a cat lover want or need to keep stray or feral cats out of the yard? Roaming cats use your yard as a litter box, chase birds away from your birdfeeders, ma&y spray to mark territory and may even get into fights in your yard. But most importantly, outdoor roaming cats can affect your own indoor cat's well-being.Cats are territorial animals, and even if your cats never go outside, they consider what they can see through the window part of their territory. The sight of a strange cat in that territory can cause all sorts of stress-induced behavior, including inappropriate urination inside your home and redirected aggression.Inappropriate urination will be your cat's attempt to mark her territory. Redirected aggression is the result of a cat trying to defend her territory against a perceived intruder. Since the cat has no way to actually get at the strange cat, the aggression is often directed against another cat in the household, or the cat's guardian. It is important to understand that these attacks are not malicious, or even intentional on the cat's part. The cat simply reacts to a perceived threat.No cat lover wants to be cruel to another cat, but in these situations, the well being of your own cats should take precedence. The following ways allow you to humanely deter trespassing cats from your property.If you know the cat belongs to someone, try to talk to the cat's guardian. Educate them about the dangers outdoor cats face, and ask them to either keep their cat indoors, or confine them to a safe outdoor enclosure.If the cat is a feral cat as opposed to a stray (feral cats are descendants of a domesticated cat that have returned to the wild. Feral cats are born in the wild, as opposed to stray cats, who are usually cats who have been lost or abandoned,) Alley Cat Allies, a national organization dedicated to the well being of community cats, has wonderful resources on how to help feral cats, including Trap Neuter ReturnIf the cat is a stray, and if you're unable or unwilling to take him in, contact a local no-kill shelter or rescue group to help you. These groups can help you capture the cat, and ultimately find a new home.Consider landscaping with cats in mind. Avoid plants that attract cats, such as mint or catnip. Create surfaces that deter digging by covering exposed soil in flower beds with rocks. Scatter fresh orange or lemon peel, or spray lemon fragrance.Install ultrasonic deterrents such as Contech's Cat Stop, or a motion activated sprinkler system.You may never be able to banish strange cats from trespassing on your property, but these tips will help safely and humanely deter intruders and keep your cats happy.
People use rocks when they use salt, take vitamins, and use landscaping materials because they are all made of partially minerals, and minerals come from rocks. Hope this help&ed!! ;)
found this useful
People in the United States decorate their homes on the inside, and many put decorations on the outside. They put up a Christmas tree and decorate it with lights, tinsel, orna&ments, icicles and other decorations. Candles (electric) are put in windows, mistletoe is hung over doorways, manger scenes are put out, and other decorations are put up.
On the outside of homes, lights are put on houses and trees, manger scenes are put up, and other Christmas decorations are placed in yards. Even mailboxes in the country are decorated.
Stores and businesses also decorate trees and put up decorations similar to those in homes.
Many cities and towns put up lights and other decorations along the streets.
found this useful
They have Christmas trees with things like lights, balls, tinsel and other Christmas decorations. On walls you may have banners, special Christmas decorations, and signs. Crib&s are common in most homes and various lights and candles. Christmas-related items such as Santa or reindeer may form part of Christmas decorations too. Holly and ivy are common and other flowers and plants.
found this useful
Loading Video Content...
Supervisor
11,183 CONTRIBUTIONS
to follow.
to follow categories.
to follow brands.
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Rocks in Everyday Life  How many things do you do each day that involve rocks and minerals? 
Rocks are used all around us in many different ways. In the classroom, students& use rocks everyday. Graphite, a metamorphic rock, is the part of the pencil used for writing. Slate, another metamorphic rock, was used to make blackboards in years past. Now most blackboards are constructed of man-made materials. Chalk is a soft form of limestone which is a sedimentary rock. 
Granite, shale, and limestone, are used on the outside of homes and other buildings. The Mormon Salt Lake Temple is made from granite, which was hauled from the mountains by ox carts. In central and southern Utah, the Anasazi Indians built their homes in sandstone cliffs. Granite and sandstone are used in fireplaces, walkways, as parts of fences, and for landscape purposes. Shale has been used as a material in patios and walkways. 
Rocks are used by artists. Even ancient people left drawings on rocks called petroglyphs. Other artists construct statues out of marble. Marble is also used in many other decorative ways in homes and other buildings. Other rocks are used to create jewelry. 
A very common rock found in Utah is coal. Coal is often used to heat homes and to generate electricity. In the past, trains were powered by coal. 
Roads and sidewalks are often built with rock. Cement is a common building material made from rock. Rocks and cement often line ditches to prevent erosion of watershed. 
+ 58 others
found this useful
The cost will depend upon the kind of rock you are looking for.  Many rocks will cost around $6 per pound.
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
CategoriesThe page is temporarily unavailable
nginx error!
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
Website Administrator
Something has triggered an error on your
This is the default error page for
nginx that is distributed with
It is located
/usr/share/nginx/html/50x.html
You should customize this error page for your own
site or edit the error_page directive in
the nginx configuration file
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf.答案:B;A;C;D;D
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:读想用 高二英语(下)
  Directions:Read this passage,and choose the most suitable heading from the list for the paragraph of the passage.There is one extra heading.
1.________
  People with intellectual disability form one of the largest single disability groups in a community.Intellectual disability refers to a general slowness to learn and function within society,and the identification of intellectual disability is usually based on an assessment of a person's performance in a variety of tests.An individual's level of performance,as assessed,can change with time and circumstances.With skilled training and opportunity for development,people with intellectual disability have much greater potential for acquiring skills and for participation in community life than previously had been thought possible.
2.________
  In many western societies,five categories of intellectual disability have traditionally been used in order to indicate the perceived degree of difficulty an individual has with learning.All five may occur in either children,adolescent or adult,and show as mild,moderate,severe,profound or multiple intellectual disability.
3.________
  For the majority of intellectual disabilities,there is no identifiable cause but there are some causes that are well documented.They include:brain damage at birth due to lack of oxygen-prolonged labor during childbirth;brain damage before birth due to factors such as rubella,drug or diet-related problems;damage after birth due to illnesses such as encephalitis or accident;hereditary defects in the genes; abnormal chromosome count resulting in,for example,Down Syndrome.
4.________
  Like everyone else,people with an intellectual disability need a rewarding job,a satisfying place to live and a good social life.But they may need extra support to achieve these things.Good support services are based on the principle of normalization-which means enabling people to be part of the community like everyone else.
5.________
  With the introduction of the intellectually disabled into communities,there is a need to promote awareness of communication.Although many people may have little experience in talking with an intellectually disabled person,the are common guidelines that can simplify the interaction.Firstly,it is useful to remember that people with disabilities have feelings.Speaking in the same friendly manner as you would to anyone else is also recommended.Being prepared to wait a little longer for replies during a conversation with an intellectually disabled person would undoubtedly benefit the exchange.
A.What do people with an intellectual disability need?
B.What is intellectual disability?
L.How do people with an intellectual disability talk?
D.What are the forms of intellectual disability?
E.What causes intellectual disability?
F.How do you talk to a person with an intellectual disability?
来源:必修一导学英语外研版本 外研版
  My topic today is the Internet.It was prompted(引出)by the first letter, which I am unable to answer fully for the reasons given!
  Dear David,
  I am a middle school student.Now I am preparing for a writing competition.Could you please check the mistakes in my article about using the Internet and give me some advice? Thank you.
  No name
  David writes:I am very sorry to say that I think it would be very unfair for me to help you win a competition-unfair to the other competitors!
  But I will say that your article is very interesting and I wish you good luck.Your article makes some good points that deserve talking about in this column!
  Dear David,
  I’m now learning English by myself.Can you introduce some useful websites where I can make friends with foreigners? Please help me.
  Moonlight
  David writes:Well, dear Moonlight, I bet you made a good choice by using the Net in your self-studies.Two very good websites I would suggest to you are:
  www.britishcouncil.org.cn and www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish.
  By the way, for those readers interested in the teaching of English, there is an Internet discussion group called ELTCSChi-L(English Language Teaching Contacts Scheme China List).
  And also, a healthy warning to all my readers:If over-used, the Internet can be a WOMBAT-A Waste of Money, Brains and Time!
David is probably a ________.
language expert
computer expert
college student
club chairman
What is the reason why the first letter is unable to be fully answered?
David is unable to think out good advice.
David thinks it is expected to play fair in the competition.
David is going to talk on another topic-Internet.
David finds no mistakes in that article.
“www.britishcouncil.org.cn” is a(an)________.
website where one can make foreign friends
website where one can join a discussion group
newspaper column for answering readers’ questions
English newspaper for students and language teachers
Which of the following is NOT David’s opinion of the Internet?
English teachers can exchange opinions on the Net.
The Internet is of much help to English learners.
Using the Internet is a waste of money and time.
We should make a proper use of the Net.
来源:必修一导学英语译林 译林版
  My topic today is the Internet.It was prompted(引出)by the first letter, which I am unable to answer fully for the reasons given!
  Dear David,
  I am a middle school student.Now I am preparing for a writing competition.Could you please check the mistakes in my article about using the Internet and give me some advice? Thank you.
  No name
  David writes:I am very sorry to say that I think it would be very unfair for me to help you win a competition-unfair to the other competitors!
  But I will say that your article is very interesting and I wish you good luck.Your article makes some good points that deserve talking about in this column!
  David writes:Well, dear Moonlight, I bet you made a good choice by using the Net in your self-studies.Two very good websites I would suggest to you are:
  www.britishcouncil.org.cn and www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish.
  By the way, for those readers interested in the teaching of English, there is an Internet discussion group called ELTCSChi-L(English Language Teaching Contacts Scheme China List).
  And also, a healthy warning to all my readers:If over-used, the Internet can be a WOMBAT-A Waste of Money, Brains and Time!
David is probably a ________.
language expert
computer expert
college student
club chairman
What is the reason why the first letter is unable to be fully answered?
David is unable to think out good advice.
David thinks it is expected to play fair in the competition.
David is going to talk on another topic-Internet.
David finds no mistakes in that article.
“www.britishcouncil.org.cn” is a(an)________.
website where one can make foreign friends
website where one can join a discussion group
newspaper column for answering readers’ questions
English newspaper for students and language teachers
Which of the following is NOT David’s opinion of the Internet?
English teachers can exchange opinions on the Net.
The Internet is of much help to English learners.
Using the Internet is a waste of money and time.
We should make a proper use of the Net.
来源:山东省郓城一中学年高二上学期模块考试英语试题
  The Ocean Institute welcomes people to the City of Dana Point's Festival of Whales celebration on both weekends.The event celebrates the migration(迁徙)of the whales off our coast.Respected ocean scientists of the ocean Institute introduce visitors to the world of whales.The speakers are arranged as the following.
Saturday, March 5, 12∶30 pm
  Dr Gwen Goodmanlowe from Califomia State University is a full-time lecturer in the Department of Biology, and advises students working on degrees in marine(海洋的)biology.She received her doctorate in zoology from the University of Hawaii-Honolulu.
Sunday, March 6, 12∶30 pm
  Matt Leslie, from Scripps Institute of Oceanography, has studied whales off the coast of Australia.Some of his current research projects include population structure analysis of whales using performance testing.He will lecture on guides for treatment of marine animals.
Saturday, March 12, 12∶30 pm
  Dr Merkens, from Scripps Institute of Oceanography, will present her latest research on how sound or music can be used as a means to identify characteristics of whales and to find out how whales communicate with one another in the environment.
Sunday, March 13, 2 pm
  Robert L.Pitman is a marine ecologist working for the National Marine Fishing Service.He began his career 35 years ago, studying seabirds and whales, and spends much of his time at sea on vessels at locations all over the world.His main interest is the ecology of the Antarctic killer whale.
  The Festival will allow visitors to know about new discoveries in marine animal research and to explore a variety of information on whales.Visitors will have the opportunity to listen to underwater whale sounds, and enjoy hands-on activities.Guests will tour the tall ship Pilgrim.
  Cost:$6.50 adults, $4.50 children(ages 4-12).For more information, please visit www.ocean-institute.org or call(949)496-2274.
What do we know from the passage?
A large number of scientists will attend the Festival of Whales celebration.
The Festival of Whales celebration will be held from March 5 to March 13.
The Ocean Institute will hold the City of Dana Point's Festival of Whales.
Four ocean scientists will tell visitors some information about whales.
What time should you attend the festival if you want to leam how to treat marine animals?
At 12∶30 pm on Saturday, March 5.
At 12∶30 pm on Sunday, March 6.
At 12∶30 pm on Saturday, March 12.
At 2 pm on Sunday, March 13.
If you only have time after l pm on weekends, you can listen to a lecture delivered by ________.
Gwen Goodmanlowe
Mart Leslie
Robert L.Pitman
Which of the following things can NOT visitors do according to the passage?
Have close contact with underwater whales.
Leam about new discoveries in marine animal research.
Explore some information on whales.
Tour the tall ship Pilgrim.
If a couple and their 13-year-old child attend the event, they would need to pay ________.
13 dollars
17.50 dollars
19.50 dollars
11 dollars
来源:陕西省宝鸡中学2012届高三第四次月考英语试题
  For years my husband, John, and I had dreamed of taking our three kids to Disney World.We'd planned our trip down to the last detail and dollar.But in Georgia, halfway there, our car broke down.
  At a garage, the mechanic promised our Mercury Sable would be repaired by the next week.Meanwhile, John tried to find us a rental car.After many phone calls, John finally found a car.Luckily, our auto club would pick up the tab.We ended up arriving there three hours behind schedule.We tried every ride and met Mickey.
  At the end of the long weekend we called the garage to check on our car.It turned out that the mechanic hadn't even looked at it yet! John got on the phone again.He found it would cost more than $ l, 100 to rent a car to drive home.That plus a plane ticket for him to go pick up our own car and we'd be out over $2,000!
  I wailed(痛哭)and asked John, "What are we going to do?" He said, "It'll work out." John encouraged me not to lose heart and he insisted on trying to find a way out.Amazingly, John found a car transport company that had a car we could drive home, paying only for gas! But all the way home I couldn't stop thinking about the money we'd still need for John's trip back to the garage and another long driving home.
  When we got home, the high school student who had fed our cats asked how our trip was.I gave him the rundown, "Things worked out okay except that our car's still stuck in Georgia." "No problem," he said."I'm heading to Florida for a spring break with my parents.We'll be glad to stop in Georgia on the way back and pick up your car."
  We ended up spending only $50 more than we'd budgeted.The next week, our car was back, and I had a new understanding of dealing with trouble.Whatever happens, if you never give up, a good solution will come out at last.
From the passage we can learn that ________.
Disney World is located in Georgia
Mercury Sable is the name of the mechanic
the couple budgeted for their trip carefully
repairing their car needed a lot of money
The underlined phrase "pick up the tab" probably means “_________”.
pay the expense of renting a car
find a taxi for the club members
give somebody a lift on the way
take someone home free of charge
Why was the author unhappy at the end of the weekend?
They didn't have enough money to rent a car to go home.
They spent $2,000 more than they had budgeted.
They didn't enjoy themselves in Disney World.
They found their car hadn't been repaired at all.
We can infer from the passage that _________.
the car transport company usually had its cars rented
the couple had to drive the company's car to an appointed place
the car transport company charged the couple some money
a student helped the couple return the car to the company.

我要回帖

更多关于 how people learn 的文章

随机推荐