waiting too long long是什么

请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Would you like a burger or fried chicken for lunch? No Way! Please pass me the salad& &36 .
&&&&& Hi, my name is Mor??gan Jacobs, and I decided to be a vegetarian &37 I love all animals.I have read and seen pictures of &38 &happens to animals that are raised for their meat.It makes me so& 39&& . Baby cows and chickens live their&& 40&& &lives in places that are too small for them.They have no &41&& &to move about.This is so& 42&& .They suffer and do not get to
43& &their lives.
&&&&&& I don't like other animals that also only live to be& 44& by people while they are alive and the& 45&& they are killed.I feel sorry for them.
&&&&&& The best thing& 46& &being a vegetarian is all the tasty and healthy foods I eat.Vegetables and fruits are healthy for your body.47& , 1 think they taste better than meat.Oranges have vitamin C.I love the&& 48 &of watermelon, peaches, and strawberries.Green vegetables &49 &me feel strong.I enjoy drinking lots of soymilk to &50& my bones calcium(钙).
&&&&& I have a life threatening allergy(过敏)to nuts, seeds, and peanuts, &51&& I eat soy butter to get my protein!
&&&&&& I &52 &in being kind and loving to people and animals, being good to the earth, and& 53& &life, including animals!
&&&&&& 54&&& is known to all, animals are our friends.We should live in& 55&& with the animals.If we destroyed the animals, we would destroy ourselves.
A.too &&&&&& B.also&&&&&
C.either&&&&& &&& D.instead
A.because& &&&& B.unless&&&&&& && C.whether&&
A.that&&&&&& && B.which&&& & C.what&&&& &&&&&& D.how
A.excited&&& B.sad&&&&& && C.glad&&&&
A.short&& &&&&&& B.long&&&& &&&&&& C.colorful&
A.time&&&&& && B.room&&& &&&&&& C.need&&&&&&& D.problem
A.cruel&&&& &&& B.interesting&& & C.necessary&& &&& D.probable
A.like&&&&& &&& B.hate&&&&
C.enjoy &&& D.love
A.played&&& && B.eaten&&&&&& && C.looked&&
A.style&&&& &&& B.road&&&&&& &&& C.way&&&&
B.at&&&&&&& &&&&& C.to&&&&&& &&&&&& D.about
A.Besides &&&&B.However&&& && C.Otherwise&& && D.Therefore
A.smell&& &&&&&& B.color&&&&&&&
C.size&&& &&&&&&& D.taste
A.force&& &&&&&& B.make&&&&&&& C.cause&&&& &&&&&& D.get
A.leave&& &&&&&& B.take&&&&&&& && C.bring&&&
B.but&&&&&&&&& C.yet&&&&&
A.believe&&&&
B.think&&&&&&&
C.consider&&& &&& D.imagine
A.inspecting&& B.respecting &&&&& C.expecting& &&&& D.inspiring
A.It&&&&& &&&&&& B.What&&&
C.As&&&&&&& &&&& D.Which
A.harmony&& & B.memory&& &&&& C.terms&&&
Robeson was born in a very poor family.At seven,he had to pick coal in a deserted mine near his home,then he sold& &26& &he had picked and earned a few coins to help his parents.He had
& 27 &schooling,for being so poor,how could they &&28 &&school fees?
When he was fifteen,he worked &&29& &a servant in a school.Looking at other children studying in the classroom,he felt& &30 &for himself.How he&& 31&& to have the same chance!He decided to study by& &32&& .In the daytime,after the sweeping and cleaning was over,he &&33 &
stand by the window outside the classroom trying to catch what the teacher said.At night,he tried his best to remember what he &&34 &during the day.He worked &&35& &hard at his lessons that he sometimes had just three or four hours to sleep.The more he learned,the greater& &36& &he showed in his lessons.A maths teacher discovered him and came to like this diligent boy and& &37 &him to sit at the back of the class.In one exam,he was the& &38 &one in the whole school who reached the highest grade.He would have been given the scholarship if he &&39& &a regular student of the school.
Robeson& &40& rough six long years with his study of maths and wrote several articles which captured the& &41 &of some university professors.They admired his talent& &42& &his diligence.To give him a good chance,they hired him as a librarian and& &43 &&him free guidance.Robeson felt &44 &,for he was sure that before him there was a broad road &&45&& success.
26.A.whether&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.what
27.A.many&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.few&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.little&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.much
28.A.buy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.afford&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.send&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.read
29.A.as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.by
30.A.angry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.ashamed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.proud&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.sorry
31.A.hated&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.decided&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.wished&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.regretted
32.A.the teacher&&&&&&&&&&& B.himself&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.his parents&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.his schoolmates
33.A.could&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.ought to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.should&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.would
34.A.had learned&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.has been taught
C.has heard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.had been written down
35.A.very&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.too&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.quite
36.A.joy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.interest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.time&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.taste
37.A.allowed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.agreed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.let&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.refused
38.A.worst&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.only&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.last&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.laziest
39.A.had been&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.has been&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.is&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.was
40.A.learned&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.listened&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.mastered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.struggled
41.A.notice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.influence&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.eyes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.attention
42.A.except for&&&&&&&&&&&& B.according to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.as well as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.in spite of
43.A.taught&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.offered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.lent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.sent
44.A.sad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.angry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.happy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.disappointed
45.A.leading to&&&&&&&&&&&& B.coming from&&&&&&&&&&&& C.made of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.covered with
—I’m sorry.I can’t catch you.__________?
—OK,it’s B-L-A-C-K.?
A.Would you please talk slowly? 
B.I don’t understand you.?
C.Would you please repeat it more slowly??
D.What’s the meaning of this word??
When high school started, Becky and I became best friends. We __36__ many interests and quickly became inseparable. When high school ended, we both cried __37__ we would attend different colleges in the fall.
Our first term of university life was __38__. We had a huge telephone bill and our e-mails were incredibly long. In the second term I found some new friends with whom I felt very __39__. These were friends with whom I could be myself and __40__ out my feelings. I was eager to share my new friends with Becky.
When Becky finally visited me at my school, we were excited. She __41__ a toy bear to me as a present and told me about her college life. However, something unexpected happened when I __42__ her to my new friends. Her eyes grew dark and I could see the __43__ within them. My new friends tried to share their friendship, but Becky seemed __44__ to accept it. I didn’t understand __45__ the people I loved most couldn’t love each other.
Becky left. I knew she was not happy. I thought long about what had happened. After many unanswered questions, I understood that she was __46__. She saw me with my new friends and __47__ that we no longer shared the same experiences. She saw all the fun I was having __48__ her and wished she could be a part of it. She wished she could be in their __49__.
I wrote a letter to Becky __50__ she’s always my best friend. I told her everyone had friends from home and friends from school, and all the friends were indeed life’s greatest __51__. Becky wrote me back soon. She was in __52__ and felt sorry about what she had done.
I think Becky and I both learn an important lesson from it. __53__ can influence our friendship and change the experiences we’ve shared. We are now walking on two different paths of __54__. While new friends are special and exciting, old friends are always there, __55__ to share their heart and soul, no matter how far apart.
A. showed&&& &&& B. developed& &&&&& C. protected&& &&&&& D. shared
A. because &&&&&& B. unless& &&&& C. although &&&&&&& D. while
A. modern& &&&&& B. peaceful&& &&&&&& C. hard& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&D. normal
A. anxious&&&& & B. comfortable&&&&&& C. familiar& & &&&&D. strange&&&&&
A. figure& & &&&&B. make&& &&& C. pour &&&&&&&&&& D. hold
A. brought &&&&&& B. returned && C. donated&& &&&&&& D. recommended
A. admitted&& &&& B. introduced& C. mentioned& &&&&& D. referred&&
A. concern& &&&& B. doubt& &&& C. curiosity&&& &&&& D. hurt&&
A. ashamed&& &&& B. cautious&& &&&&&& C. unwilling&& &&&& D. calm
A. how& && &&&&B. why&&& &&& C. that &&&&&&&&&&& D. whether&
A. aggressive&& &&&&&& B. discouraged&&&&&& C. proud& &&&&&&&& D. jealous&
A. regretted& && B. argued& &&& C. promised& &&&&&& D. proved
A. for& &&&& &&&&B. from&& &&&& C. without &&&&&&& D. across
A. expectation&& B. position&&&&& C. reception & &&&&D. relation&&&
A. recognizing& B. predicting& C. assuming& &&&&&& D. explaining&
A. gift&&&&&& &&&&&&& B. spirit &&&&& C. achievement &&&& D. sign
A. sympathy&&& &&&&& B. agreement& C. surprise&&&&& &&& D. confusion&
A. Nothing& &&& B. Anything&&& C. Something& &&& D. Everything
A. success&&&&& &&&&& B. happiness&& C. research&&& &&&& D. life
A. choosing& && B. planning&
C. waiting& &&&&&&& D. demanding
---How about seeing the new movie at the theatre tonight?
---_____, but I’ve got to go over my notes for tomorrow’s exam.
A. All right.&&&&& B. Sounds great&&&&&& C. I can’t&&&&&&& D. No, I am terribly sorryHave long been accustomed to waiting for_百度作业帮
Have long been accustomed to waiting for
Have long been accustomed to waiting for
早就已经习惯了等待
你已经等了很久了 还想继续吗?
长久以来,已经习惯于等待。。。当前位置:
>>>You kept me _______so long. [ ]A. waiting B. to wait C. ..
You kept me _______so long.
A. waiting B. to wait C. am waiting D. wait
题型:单选题难度:中档来源:期中题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“You kept me _______so long. [ ]A. waiting B. to wait C. ..”主要考查你对&&分词&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
分词:就是具有动词及形容词二者特征的词;尤指以-ing或-ed,-d,-t,-en或-n结尾的英语动词性形容词,具有形容词功能,同时又表现各种动词性特点,如时态,语态、带状语性修饰语的性能及带宾语的性能。分词分为现在分词和过去分词两种,是一种非谓语动词形式。现在分词和过去分词主要差别在于:现在分词表示"主动和进行",过去分词表示"被动和完成"(不及物动词的过去分词不表示被动,只表示完成)。分词可以有自己的状语、宾语或逻辑主语等。 现在分词构成形式:①一般在动词原形末尾加ing,如do→doing、sing→singing、comfort→comforting②以不发音的e、ue结尾的动词,先去e,再加ing,如dance→dancing、hike→hiking、write→writing、make→ making,take→taking③以ee、oe、ye结尾的动词加ing,如see→seeing、toe→toeing、dye→dyeing④以重读闭音节结尾的动词,并且末尾只有一个辅音字母,应双写这一字母,再加ing,如cut→cutting、swim→swimming注:结尾是x则不必双写,如relax→relaxing⑤以ie结尾的动词,要把ie变成y再加ing,如die→dying,lie→lying.⑥以ic结尾的动词,要把ic变成ick再加ing,如picnic→picnicking,traffic→trafficking
过去分词构成形式:1.规则动词:规则动词的过去分词的构成规则与规则动词的过去式的构成规则相同。四点变化规则:(1)、一般动词,在词尾直接加“ ed ”。(然而要注意的是,过去分词并不是过去式)work---worked---worked ,& visit---visited---visited(2)、以不发音的“ e ” 结尾的动词,只在词尾加“ d ”。live---lived---lived(3)、以“辅音字母 + y ”结尾的动词,将 "y" 变为 "i" ,再加“ ed ”。study---studied---studied,cry---cried---cried,try---tried---tried,fry---fried---fried.[1](4)、重读闭音节结尾,末尾只有一个辅音字母,先双写该辅音字母,再加“ ed ”。stop---stopped---stopped& ,& drop---dropped--dropped(5)、以ic结尾的动词,要把ic变成ick再加ed,picnic→picnicked& ,traffic→trafficked2 、不规则动词:见不规则动词表分词用法: 1、分词作状语    分词在句子中作状语,可以表示时间、条件、原因、结果、让步、伴随等。    分词(短语)作状语时,其逻辑主语应与句中主语相一致。当现在分词表示的动作发&生在谓语动词之前时, 则用现在分词的完成式,且所表示动作与谓语动作同时发生, 则用现在分词的一般式。完成或被动关系用过去分词。    ①现在分词:The students went out of the classroom, laughing and talking.    ②过去分词:Accompanied by his friend, he went to the railway station.&Given&& better attention, the plants could grow better.    2、“while ( when, once, until, if , though等连词)+分词”结构    现在分词或过去分词作状语时,有时可以在分词前加while,when, once, although,&until, if等连词。    ①现在分词:When leaving the airport, she waved again and again to us. While waiting for& the train, I had a long talk with my sister about her work……    ②过去分词:Once recovered, he threw himself into his work and made every effort to do it& well.    Although working very hard, he failed to pass the final exam. If translated word by word, the passage will be difficult to understand.    3、分词作定语    分词作定语时,单个的分词通常放在被修饰的名词之前,分词短语一般置于所修饰的中心词后面。现在分词修饰的是发出该动作的名词(即与名词有主谓关系),过去分词修饰承受该动作的名词(即与名词是动宾关系)。   &We will go on with our experiment as soon as we get the added fund.   &This is really an exhausting day to all of us!    We can see the part of the moon lighted by sunlight.    After a night spent in excitement and sleeplessness, I forced myself to take a long walk along the beach the next day.    More and more developing countries established strategic partnership with& developed countries    4、分词作宾语补足语    现在分词在see, watch, hear, observe, notice, feel, find, glimpse, glance等感官动词和look at, listen to等短语动词以及have, keep, get, catch, leave, set, start, send等使役动词后面与名词或代词构成复合宾语,作宾语补语的成分。 例:I see him passing my house every day.I caught him stealing things in that shop.I smelt something burning.5、分词作表语分词作表语通常看作形容词来用。过去分词表示主语的感受或状态,主语多为人。现在分词表示主语的性质,而且主语多为物; ①过去分词:We were so bored that we couldn’t help yawning.She felt confused, and even frightened.②现在分词:He was very amusing.That book was rather boring.很多动词的现在分词都可以作表语:exciting, interesting, encouraging, disappointing, confusing, touching, puzzling.
发现相似题
与“You kept me _______so long. [ ]A. waiting B. to wait C. ..”考查相似的试题有:
291766290028266939320122283200285204To Avoid Long Lines, Ohio Officials Say Vote By Mail : NPR
To Avoid Long Lines, Ohio Officials Say Vote By Mail
Close embed modal
<iframe src="http://www.npr.org/player/embed/28383" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no">
<input class="embed-url embed-url-no-touch" readonly value="">
Election workers sort through ballots at the Hamilton County Board of Elections on Nov. 2, 2004, in Cincinnati.
Mike Simons/Getty Images
hide caption
itoggle caption
Mike Simons/Getty Images
Election workers sort through ballots at the Hamilton County Board of Elections on Nov. 2, 2004, in Cincinnati.
Mike Simons/Getty Images
An elections board worker places ballots in a card reading machine to count the votes on Nov. 2, 2004, in Cleveland.
Michael Williams/Getty Images
hide caption
itoggle caption
An elections board worker places ballots in a card reading machine to count the votes on Nov. 2, 2004, in Cleveland.
Voters are expected to turn out in droves for this year's election, and that has many people worried about long lines.
In the key battleground state of Ohio in 2004, some voters waited up to 10 hours to cast their ballots. This year, officials are trying to alleviate some of the Election Day load by encouraging some residents to vote early by mail.
Mostly, voting officials want to eliminate the scene that occurred four years ago, when lines of voters snaked out of many polling sites into the pouring rain.
That day, volunteer Sue Willard was in Franklin County, which she complained didn't have enough equipment to handle a record number of people.
"They're having to wait three hours, because we're at a polling place in the inner city of Columbus with three machines for the entire polling place," she said that day. "So it's frustrating."
In other parts of the state, the waits were even longer. No one knows how many voters got discouraged and did not vote at all. The worst problems were in urban areas, which led to accusations that African-American voters suffered the most.
Absentee Ballots As The Answer
This year, election officials say they're trying to avoid a similar disaster.
Last week, mailing machines in Ohio ran almost nonstop — folding hundreds of thousands of absentee ballot request forms and stuffing them into envelopes.
The forms have been sent to every single registered voter in Franklin County, and about 20 other counties. Officials hope voters will take advantage of a new state law that allows
they no longer need an excuse, such as being out of town on Election Day.
Michael Stinziano is the Democratic director of the Franklin County Board of Elections. He wants about one-third of the county's voters to cast absentee ballots, to ease the crowds on Nov. 4.
"It's simple. It's easy," Stinziano said. "You can do it at your own time, at your own leisure, in the comfort of your own home. Everything is prepaid for. You just have to request a ballot and then mail it back."
Some Polling Sites Open As Early As Late September
Franklin County will allow early in-person voting at a central site beginning Sept. 30. The site will be open seven days a week, and the county hopes to have almost twice as many voting machines as it did four years ago.
Even so, the prospect of long lines remains. The county recently hired some waiting-line experts to look at what went wrong in 2004 and how to fix it.
"Two of the key issues were the insufficient number of voting machines that we had at the time, and also a very long ballot," says Matthew Damschroder, who was the county's Republican election director in 2004 and who is now serving as the deputy.
He says machines used to be allocated according to the number of registered voters in a precinct, but that was a problem. "Ballot length in the city of Columbus was much larger and much longer than ballot length in the suburban portions of Franklin County," he says.
Now, Franklin County is taking a novel approach: It is factoring in ballot length in the formula it uses to allocate machines, because once again, the city of Columbus has a much longer ballot. But there's still bad news.
Debbie Barksdale is with the nonpartisan voter advocacy group the Advancement Project. She notes that under the new plan, average wait times are still projected to be more than an hour in many precincts — and that's assuming a relatively modest turnout, which no one really expects.
Barksdale's group is especially worried about first-time voters, who often need more time at the polls.
"Looking back historically," she says, "and looking at the voter registration drives that are going on right now and where they're concentrating their efforts, I would say that more than likely, the increase in the first-time voters would be in the inner-city and college students."
Her group wants the county to buy more machines.
Michael Slater, who heads Project Vote, a nonpartisan group that's helped to register more than a million new voters this year, also worries that election officials are not taking into account large get-out-the-vote efforts.
"We need election officials who are thinking through, 'Where could turnout really spike that I'm not planning for?'" Slater says.
Stinziano says that's what officials are trying to do, but that there's only so much they can predict. And he repeats: The only guarantee against waiting in line is to vote by mail.
More From Election 2008
Please enable JavaScript to view the
NPR thanks our sponsors
Support comes from:
Support The Programs You Love

我要回帖

更多关于 waiting是什么香水 的文章

随机推荐