Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
For two reasons.
It got its name from a Swedish farmer who lived there, named Jonas Bronck.
As the Bronx at that time was nearly completely uninhabited except for Jonas Bron&ck and his family and his livestock, visitors who went there would say, "We're going to the Bronck's farm" like you would say, "We're going to the Mulligan's house."
Later the name was shortened to the Bronx instead of the Bronck's. 
Also, the Bronx is the only borough which has a river running through it.
Since you usually put the word "the" before a river's name -- like, the Hudson River, the Harlem River, the East River -- people called it "the Bronx" because it was where "the Bronx River" was.
+ 67 others
found this useful
If the disks are herniated (bulging is another term) the specific nerves causing your problems ARE being pinched/compressed by the disks - that's what happens when you herni&ate a disk. The diagnosis you describe is disk herniations between the C3/C4/C5/C6 vertebrae. I've had flattened disks between C5/6/7, with a resulting fusion operation to correct it as well. In my case I had no choice as my left arm was becoming paralyzed. I've also had 2 other major spinal surgeries.
You should already have received some kind of treatment plan, likely Flexeril, and anti-inflammatory and / or a strong painkiller like Percocet or Vicodin. It's important that you DO NOT LIFT anything over a couple of pounds. I'm guessing that this happened as either a whiplash injury or something similar.
If the problem is already causing tingling and numbness in your fingers you need to report that immediately to your doctor. If you're not already seeing a Neurosurgeon, you should be. Orthopedists are useless in spine and disk problems as they understand the bone aspects, but not the neurological complexities. A general doctor just doesn't have the expertise required to treat this.
The reason you need to report it is that if you're having tingling/numbness in your fingers (especially if it's creeping its way from the tips to the knuckles) the disk inflammation isn't getting any better and the pressure is enough that it's starting to cut off the nerve impulses to your hand. Unless you get it looked at and treated, you could wind up with long term nerve damage or worse. I've already faced this and been through it, aside from dealing with these problems myself for over 20 years. In my case, within 2 weeks of the initial pain my left arm was almost paralyzed, and my fingers were numb from the fingertips to the first knuckle. The fusion I had included a bone graft from my right pelvic area as well as a plate. It is not something to take lightly. If your doctor is not treating it as a serious issue, you need to get another one fast. I cannot stress the importance of getting the disk pressure relieved off of the nerve in question, likely the C5/C6 disk.
Also, do not do any activity requiring any lifting, arm strength, etc., and don't drive if you can avoid it. If you're not taking any anti-inflammatory drugs (which I'd be shocked if you weren't) you need to start. Message me and let me know what meds they have you on so far.
I had this category started because this is the one area in my life in which I've dealt with for many years, and I've survived bad doctors, diagnoses, hospital mistakes, pain on scales you can't imagine (even now), and continuing spinal damage and severe pain. Hopefully I can help you and others avoid the bad things that I've been through. if you have specific questions don't hesitate to PM me.
2 sites you need to look at:
American Pain Foundation - /8thkgm
Spine Universe - /ysxy5l
If you eventually require surgery, let me know as there are certain decisions you'll face where the wrong choice can have consequences down the road.
TSD -RAVEN- - Category Supervisor
 I hope this helps if someone told you all those disc were bulging you must have had a mri? I just went threw the same thing c5 c6 had a pinch nerve and they did therapy did another mri showed nerve wasnt pinch anymore anyway to make along story short have a Dr do a milogram and catscan this shows all around the disk. Worked for me just had a fushion on c5 c6. Hope this helps.
+ 72 others
found this useful
The Bronck's
 The Bronx was named after Jonas Bronck, who was the first European settler.
 Jonas Jonson Bronck (), also known as Jonas& Jonasson Bronk or Jonas Joanssen Bronck, was a Swedish immigrant to North America after whom the New York City borough of the Bronx was named. 
 Bronck was born in the small village of Komstad, Norra Ljunga socken, outside S?vsj? in the Swedish province of Sm?land, some time around the year 1600. Rather than take over his family's farm, he became a sailor, and it is known that he traveled to Japan and India. He married his wife, Teuntje Joriaens, on July 6, 1638, in the Nieuwe Kerk ('New Church'), Amsterdam. He and his wife subsequently decided to emigrate to North America. 
 In 1639 he acquired a piece of land located across the Harlem River from the island of Manhattan. The farm came to be known as "Bronck's land" or simply "Bronck's," from which eventually evolved the modern name of "the Bronx." 
 More about The Bronx's history can be found here: bronxhistoricalsociety.org 
found this useful
Henry Hudson and his crew stayed in the Bronx area during his travels beginning in 1609. The Bronx is named after Dutch immigrant Jonas Bronck who owned a large section of lan&d there.
found this useful
The original L208incoln Log 5C set with approximately 208 pieces  was made by Lincoln Logs a division of Playskool Manufacturing  Company, later sets NOT the same 5C set tho&ugh made by K'NEX  Industries, Inc.
found this useful
The Bronx Zoo is one of the most popular zoos in the world and is considered to be the largest urban zoo on earth. This New York City zoo consist of 250 acres, with more than &650 animal species from around the globe. It opened in 1899 and aims to preserve native animals. Visitors can get up close with birds, mammals, fish, insects, and reptiles. Visiting the zoo is one of the most effective ways for children to learn about biology, natural history, conservation, and cultural roles of the various different animal species. To make your visit more exciting and teachable experience for your kids, there are a number of activities that you can participate in while visiting the Bronx Zoo.The best way to explore the Bronx Zoo is by joining in the Animal Activity Trail. You can discover your inner animal instincts by actively participating in this activity, which is presented by the Empire BlueCross BlueShield. Aside from the chance to explore the Bronx Zoo, you can also learn to move the way animals move, such as running, jumping, dancing, and crawling.The best way to watch the birds at the Bronx Zoo is to join in the Bee-Eater Buffet. You can enjoy watching the acrobatic white-throated bee-eaters while they hunt live crickets on the wing. This can be observed during their daily feeding at 2:45pm in the World of Birds. You can watch their amazing aerial tricks and ask the zookeeper any questions you might have about the birds.The Bug Carousel is one of the most popular attractions at the Bronx Zoo. You can ride on big bugs or ride aboard a long-legged praying mantis, creepy crawlers, or the bright green grasshopper. Open the whole year round, the Bug Carousel is equipped with sliding glass doors that offer you a fun filled indoor experience.The Penguin Feedings and the Sea Lion Feedings are two of the most popular family attractions at the Bronx Zoo. Every day at 3 p.m., there is a penguin feeding at the Russell B. Aitken Sea Bird Colony. You can watch magellanic penguins come out from the deep or venture out of their dens to catch a fish. Located at the center of the park, you can also watch the California sea lions as they are being fed, which happens twice daily. Considered to be the noisiest residents at the zoo, the sea lions attract a lot of attention from visitors. They can also be observed during their training demonstration at this time.Another family attraction offered by the Bronx Zoo is the 4-D theater activity. You can join your family and friends in a high-speed chase to protect the animals of the rainforest from Swiper's out-of-control Robot Butterfly. This 4-D adventure mixes high-definition 3-D film with effects like wind, mist, and scents. There is also a dramatic lighting that will take you on an exciting multi-sensory trip.The New York Zoological Society built the New York City Zoo in 1899 to promote zoology and help the public understand animals. It is a place where adults and children alike can learn about them by simply visiting and participating in the many activities that the zoo offers. Knowing ahead of time what the zoo has to offer will help you plan your family's visit to the zoo and make it a more enjoyable, learning experience. Because of the size of this zoo, it is important to plan your trip so that you will not waste time going around the zoo and missing the most exciting activities that are available.The Bronx Zoo in New York offers discounts to families or for groups with a minimum number of ten people. If you are planning to go with a group of ten or more, ask about the Total Experience ticket. This includes zoo admission and unlimited access to special rides and family attractions that are offered. It is also good to ask if some of these rides and attractions are open during your visit since their availability may depend on animal related issues, weather, and mechanical concerns.
One of the most special attractions for kids that New York has to offer happens in October. It is the Bronx Zoo's Halloween program known as "Boo at the Zoo." The event gives &kids, who are all decked out in their Halloween costumes, a chance to enjoy some of the creepier residents of the zoo. In fact, during every weekend in October, kids get into the Bronx Zoo for free if they are wearing their costumes (as long as they are accompanied by their parents). The experience of visiting the zoo is a magical one for kids. And parents will have lot of fun seeing all the kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes.The Bronx Zoo's haunted house is a bit different than what you might expect. Once owned by Dr Benton Broom, his ghost now hangs around the place, not aiming to scare children but to make everyone aware of the dangers threatening our still-existing species, and also educating everyone about the animals and habitats we have already lost. It is more like a trip through the lab of a mad genius than a conventional haunted house and your kids will love it.One of the most amusing experiences in the Bronx Zoo Halloween program is the Children's Theater program. Here the famous puppeteer Noel MacNeal brings to life the story of three animal tricksters. As with most of the other programs, except for the Hayride, the program is part of the admission.Some of the more instructive and useful programs at the Zoo are the Creature Chats. Here experts handle some of the creepier animals and talk to the children about the myths surrounding them. It is an excellent opportunity for some kids to get over their phobias and helps to prevent others from developing unreasonable fears in the first place.One of the most traditional Halloween activities is carving pumpkins. And at the Bronx Zoo they have really taken that to the next level. For "Boo at the Zoo" they bring in some of the best pumpkin carving artists in New York. These artists carve pumpkins right on the spot. Their designs include some of the creepiest residents of the zoo and famous animal characters of the cartoon world.As long as they are wearing their Halloween costumes, children get in free at "Boo at the Zoo" and as a result of that there is a costume parade in which they can participate. The Zoo personnel also join in the fun and parents are encouraged to wear costumes and participate, too.The only bad thing about Halloween is that it lasts for just one day. Luckily, at the Bronx Zoo, Halloween lasts for almost a month. Every weekend in October, your child can get into the zoo for free, as long as he or she is wearing a Halloween costume. And the fun doesn't end with the costumes because the Bronx Zoo Halloween program offers several special programs for children and their parents as part of Boo at the Zoo.The Bronx Zoo is the flagship urban wildlife park of The Wildlife Conservation Society. They do more than administer parks as their aim is to protect wildlife and wild places across the globe.
Covering 265 acres, the Bronx Zoo is one of the largest city-contained zoos on Earth. There are so many majestic animals and wonderful exhibits at this zoo that you cannot see& them all during just one visit. Here are some must-see exhibits you should make sure to see when you visit the Bronx Zoo.See how African animals live at the African Plains exhibit. Observe zebras, gazelles, lions and even African dogs in their habitat. For a little more excitement, check the feeding schedule to time your visit accordingly. This exhibit is only open during the spring, summer and early fall.At this exhibit you can view the native animals of Madagascar. The mammals at this exhibit include a number of lemur species as well as mongooses and fossas. You can also visit Nile crocodiles and Madagascar hissing cockroaches.Visit your closest animal cousins in JungleWorld. There are many different primates to see in JungleWorld as well creepy scorpions and brightly-colored fire-bellied toads. Bring your kids and show them the tree kangaroo and her joey as well as the otter family wandering about the exhibit. This unique jungle exhibit showcases many different animal species that inhabit the Asian rainforest.Take a break from walking around and enjoy a film in the 4-D Theater at the Bronx Zoo. This theater takes a step beyond 3-D films by including environmental stimulation as well. Make sure to bring the kids for this unique experience as most of the films shown are family-friendly. Although you have to pay a admittance fee if you do not have the Total Experience Ticket, it is well worth the price.Visiting the Bronx Zoo is a great experience that your entire family can enjoy together. On your visit, make sure to check out the above exhibits for the best experience.The Bronx Zoo offers a suggested-donation day each week. Admission is free, but the zoo suggests a donation, one for children and one for adults.
New York City is it also has attractions that can rival the world packed within the boundaries of the city. Visiting New York would take so much time if y&ou are to experience all the city has to offer. However, knowing what in store and planning each day that you are spending in the Big Apple can help you cover more grounds. The whole city is divided into five boroughs each discussed below. Check a neighborhood map of NYC to help you plan your day.The Bronx is known for its artistry, culture, sports, and rich history. You can find authentic Italian cooking in the famed Arthur Avenue. You can find a lot to do and visit in the Bronx including the 250 acres New York Botanical Gardens, The Bronx Zoo, which is also the largest wildlife sanctuary in the United States, and the Bronx Museum of Arts. Music in the Bronx is deep in hip-hop and rap, with strains of reggae. Most notable personalities who hail from the Bronx include authors Mary Higgins Clark, Mark Twain, and Edgar Allan Poe, actors Woody Allen, Jennifer Lopez, and Al Pacino, singers Mary J. Blige, Billy Joel, and Luther Vandross, and the great New York baseman Lou Gehrig. Sports are very much alive in the Bronx being the home of the Yankee Stadium, and the New York Yankees. The Bronx is located in the northern part of the city and is the only borough that is part of the mainland USA.The Bohemian culture of New York is centered in the Brooklyn. The borough is also known for its picturesque and tree-lined sidewalks and parks, and stately brownstones. Landmarks include the Brooklyn Bridge, Park Slope, the Coney Island boardwalk, and the Barclay's Center, home to the other New York basketball team, The New York Nets. Russian culture is palpable especially in the Brighton Beach neighborhood. Famous celebrities from Brooklyn includes singers Debbie Gibson and Aaliyah, TV host Jimmy Fallon, New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, rapper Jay-Z, professional basketball player Michael Jordan, and comedian Eddie Murphy. Must visits in Brooklyn include the Brooklyn Brewery, New York Transit Museum, and Bushwick for a delightful gastronomic and exciting nightlife experience.This is the smallest borough in terms of land area and population. Manhattan is also the business center of the city, known for its towering skyscrapers, upscale shopping strips and restaurants, and the theaters of Broadway. There are a lot to see in Manhattan and priorities should include the Times Square, the Empire State building, the Carnegie Hall, the Rockefeller Center, and the Grand Central Terminal. Do not miss Central Park, Chelsea for its gourmet and music bars, Chinatown, Koreatown, and Little Italy for an out-of-town experience, East Village for its quaint coffee shops and bars, Gramercy for its architecture and live music, and Harlem for great galleries and dining hotspots. Tribeca, Washington Square, and SoHo all personify the best of New York City's Manhattan.The Queens have the largest land area and is the most populated borough. You can find the La Guardia airport, Queens Theater, Museum of the Moving Images, Queens County Farm Museum, Flushing Meadows, Long Island City, and the Queens Botanical Garden. The Queens also show strong foreign heritage from immigrants. The Astoria is a hotpot of several cultures including that of the Greek, the Japanese, and even Germans evident in the many outdoor beer gardens. The Corona is a jazz music stronghold, while the Sunnyside neighborhood is rife with food from many cultures including Irish, Mexican, and Romanian cuisines. The lively Flushing is another hobnobs of world culture, cuisine, and music. Estee Lauder, Donald Trump, and Nancy Reagan all came from the Queens.A New York visit is never complete without a ride in the Staten Island Ferry. Geographically separated from the rest of the five boroughs, it is the home of the Statue of Liberty, Staten Island Museum, Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden, Staten Island Children's Museum, and St. George Theater. The fun in your trip to Staten Island should start with your ride in the ferry, where you can enjoy the view of the city. Get into holiday spirit with the ride, the architecture and art pieces in the island. You can also enjoy the scrumptious and exotic cuisine and sweets to take back home.Every borough has its own identity and distinct cultural orientation different to the others. Each has great things to offer to complete a New York experience. When visiting the city make sure to pick out the things and sites that interest you. All the others will simply present themselves as you go on your daily tours in the city. A handy neighborhood map of NYC can also help you reach your destinations.The Central Park of New York has 480 acres of lawn, lakes and woodlands. It has a total of 24,000 trees, 9,000 benches, 36 bridges, 21 playgrounds, and needs $45.8 millions to run each year.
C: 278K . when you are finding the value of temperature celsius in kelvin, add 237 to the celsius temperature to obtain the valu of kelvin.
found this useful
As per any cellphone with a Lithium-Ion battery, the cellphone should be switched off and put on a continuous charge for 8 hours.
N.B.: For the first charge, don't disconnec&t the phone from the power source even if the phone indicates that the battery is fully charged. Leave it to charge for 8 hours.
found this useful
The Bronx is one of the five boroughs of New York City. It is located directly above the borough of Manhattan, and above and to the west of the borough of Queens.
found this useful
BL-4C has GND-to-BSI resistance of 75 kOhm with capacity of 860  mAh.It runs at 3.7 V 
 BL-5C has two series: 
 1.BL-5CA has GND-to-BSI resistance of 47 kOhm with cap&acity of 700  mAh.It runs at 3.7 V 
 2.BL-5CB has GND-to-BSI resistance of 30 kOhm with capacity of 800  mAh.It runs at 3.7 V 
 FInd best online shopping coupons, offers, deals, cashbacks,  discount Codes on mobiles 
 , accessories , power bank and more on shopickr
found this useful
Uncategorized
Hard Parts South Bronx - 2012 Saab Story 1-7 was released on:
USA: 26 June 2012
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!

我要回帖

更多关于 bronx鞋 的文章

随机推荐