mislaid your train your text是什么意思思?

英 [tre?n]
n. 火车;行列;长队;裙裾
v. 培养;训练;瞄准
n. (Train)人名;(英)特雷恩;(法)特兰;(意)特拉因
1. trah-(tract-) => train.
火车,列车,行列,一系列,训练,受训来自古法语 trainer,拖,拉,使移动,来自(缩写自)拉丁语 tractus,道路,路径,来自 trahere, 拖,拉,使移动,词源同 drag,tract.拼写比较 main,might.引申词义行列,队伍,一系列等, 后用于指火车,以及比喻词义训练,受训。拼写比较 strain,strict.
train: [14] A train is etymologically something that is ‘pulled’ along. The word was borrowed from Old French train, a derivative of the verb trahiner ‘drag’. And this in turn went back to Vulgar Latin *tragināre, a derivative of Latin *tragere, a variant of trahere ‘pull’. It was first used in English for ‘delay’, from the notion of being ‘pulled’ back, and ‘part of a garment that trails behind’ dates from the 15th century.When steam locomotives pulling carriages were introduced in the 1820s, the combined vehicle was called a train of carriages; the simple term train is first recorded in 1835. The use of the verb train for ‘instruct, school’, which dates from the 16th century, evolved from an earlier ‘direct the course of growth of a plant’, which in turn went back to the original notion of ‘pulling’.=& early 14c., "a drawing out," late 14c., "trailing part of a skirt, gown," also "retinue, procession," from Old French train "tracks, path, trail (of a rome or gown); act of dragging," from trainer "to pull, drag, draw," from Vulgar Latin *traginare, extended from *tragere "to pull," back-formation from tractus, past participle of Latin trahere "to pull, draw" (see
(n.1)).,

General sense of "series, progression, succession, continuous course" is from late 15c. Train of thought first attested 1650s. The railroad sense "locomotive and the cars coupled to it" is recorded from 1820 (publication year, dated 1816), from notion of a "train" of wagons or carriages pulled by a mechanical engine."to discipline, teach, bring to a desired state by means of instruction," 1540s, probably from earlier sense of "draw out and manipulate in order to bring to a desired form" (late 14c.), specifically of the growth of branches, vines, etc. from mid-15c.; from
(n.). Sense of "point or aim" (a firearm, etc.) is from 1841. Sense of "fit oneself for a performance by a regimen or exercise" is from 1832. The meaning "to travel by railway" is recorded from 1856. Related: Trained; training.
1. In 1941, the train would have been pulled by a steam engine.
1941年,火车本可以由蒸汽机车拉动。 来自柯林斯例句 2. He lost a foot when he was struck by a train.
他给火车撞伤,失去了一只脚。 来自柯林斯例句 3. Businesses need to train their workers better, and spend more on R&D.
各企业需要更好地培训工人,并且在研发方面加大投入。 来自柯林斯例句 4. The train backed out of Adelaide Yard on to the Dublin-Belfast line.
火车倒出了阿德莱德调车场,开上了都柏林-贝尔法斯特线。 来自柯林斯例句 5. He rode on the president's luxury train through his own state.
他乘坐总统的豪华列车经过自己所在的州。 来自柯林斯例句
优词APP安卓版已正式发布;苹果版正在申请审核,所以还要等一段时间。
大家好!目前本站一直处于贴钱维持状态,在经历上次网站被屏蔽的事件后,又彻底清除了网站上所有的广告。
为了能继续维持网站的正常运转并能在后续为大家开发更多、更好的功能,遂开通了赞助通道,但由于赞助效果不佳,
现对赞助进行一些调整,将对符合条件的赞助者回馈大量的优质资源并赠送一些特殊福利,让赞助者能够获得物有所值的回报。
详细信息请点击下面的按钮:
(特别提醒:请符合条件的赞助者,在赞助时务必在留言中留下您的邮箱,
以便我们及时发放福利!如果忘了,请通过微博私信或者网站底部的联系通道告知我们)One morning I wasted nearly an hour watching a tiny ant carry a hug feather.Several times, it 1 several obstacles in its path.And after a momentary pause it would make the necessary detour . 2 one 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
One morning I wasted nearly an hour watching a tiny ant carry a hug feather.Several times, it &&1& &&several obstacles in its path.And after a momentary pause it would make the necessary detour (绕道).& 2& &one point, the ant had to cross a crack about 10mm wide.After some &&3& &thoughts, the ant laid the feather over the crack, walked &&4& &it and picked the feather up on the other side, then continued on its way.I was &5& &by the cleverness of this ant.It was only a small insect, lacking in &&6& &yet equipped with a brain to reason, explore, discover and overcome. &7 &&&this ant, like the other two-legged creatures &&8& &on the earth, also shares human failings. After some time the ant &&9 &reached its destination --- a flower bed and a small hole that was the entrance to its &&10& &home.It was there that the ant met its &&11 &.How could that large feather possibly &&12& &such a small hole? Of course, it couldn’t.So the ant, after all this &&13& &and using great brightness, overcoming problems a1l along the way, just gave up the &&14& &and went home.The ant had not thought the problem through &&15& &it began its journey and in the end the feather was &&16 &&more than a burden.Isn’t our &&17& &like that? We worr we worry about the &&18& & and we worry about all kinds of things.These are all burdens --- the things we pick up along life’s path, and drag them around the obstacles and over the cracks that life will bring, only to &&19& &that at the destination they are &&20 &and we can’t take them with us. 1.A.brought about&&&&&&& B.got over&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.came across&&&&&&& D.dealt with 2.A.At&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.For&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.To&&&&&&&& &&&&& D.With 3.A.brave&&&&&&& &&&& B.tiring&&&&&&&& && C.magic&&&&&&&& & D.short 4.A.across&&&&&& &&&& B.through&&&&&&& C.beside&&&&& &&&&&& D.behind 5.A.frightened&& &&&&&& B.attracted&&&&&& & C.annoyed&&&&& &&& D.satisfied 6.A.size&&&&&&&&& &&& B.height&&&&&&&& & C.depth&&&&&& &&&&& D.length 7.A.Therefore&&&&& && B.But&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.Moreover&&&& && D.Otherwise 8.A.working&&&&& &&&& B.sleeping&&&&&& && C.1iving&&&&& &&&&&& D.walking 9.A.probably&&&& &&&&&& B.suddenly&&&& &&&& C.easily&&&& &&&&&&&& D.finally 10.A.underground& &&& B.lonely&&&&& &&&&&& C.comfortable&&& & D.big 11.A.partner&&&&&& &&& B.match&&&&& &&&&&& C.parent&&&&& &&&&&& D.friend 12.A.fit&&&&&&&&& &&&& B.fix&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C.suit&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.fill
13.A.decision&&&&& &&& B.pleasure&&&&&& & C.trouble&&& &&&&&&&& D.matter 14.A.insect&&&&&&&& & B.problem&&&&& &&& C.hole&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.feather 15.A.after&&&&&&&& &&& B.until&&&&&&&& &&& C.before&&&& &&&&&&& D.once 16.A.nothing&&&&&&& B.anything&&&&& &&& C.something&&&& && D.everything 17.A.study&&&&&&&&& B.aim&&&&&& &&&&&&&& C.dream&&&& &&&&&&& D.1ife 18.A.waste&&&&&&& &&& B.lack&&&&&&& &&&&& C.worth&&& &&&&&&&&& D.danger 19.A.think&&&&&&&& && B.find&&&&&&&& &&&& C.wonder&&&&&& && D.warn 20.A.bad&&&&&&&&&& & B.practical&&&&& &&& C.useless&&&& &&&&&& D.meaningful
1-5CADAB& &&&&&&&&& 6-10 ABCDA&&&&&& 11-15 BACDC&& &&&& &16-20 ADBBC
科目:高中英语
来源:2011年浙江普通高等学校招生全国统一考试英语试题
题型:阅读理解
Below is a pageadapted from an English dictionary.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Important words to learn:E Essential I improver A AdvancedPump& noun [C]DEVICE&1 A a piece of equipment which isused to causeliquid, air or gas to move from one placegas pump SHOE2[USUALLYPLURAL]US (UK COURT SHOE)8 type of plain shoewith a raised HEEL and no way offastening it to thefoot which is worn by women3 [USUALLY PLURAL]&type of flat shoe, like a BALIET dancer’s shoe when is worn by women 4 [USUALLYPLURAL]UK a flat·shoe madeof heavy cloth, which is worn by children for doing sports.verb LIQUID/GAS1[T USUALLY·ADV/PREP] toforceliquid or gas to move somewhere:our latest machine canpump a hundred gallors a minute , o The new wine ispumped into stirage tanks.o The heart pumos bloodthrough the arteries/round the body. INFORMATION2[T]INFORMAL to keep asking someone for information,especially in a way that is not direce:She was pumpingmefor details of the new projece.Idioms pump sb’s hand to SHAKE someone’s hand(=hold their hand and move it up and down, espaciallyIn order to greet them)·pump lron INFORMAL to liftHeavy weights for exercise: These days both men andWomen pump iron far fitnets.&Pharsal verbs pump sth into sth tospend&&&& Money trying to make something operate succesfully:They had been pumpinh money into the business for someYears without seeing any results.Pump sth out(M)REMOVE1to remove water or otherliquid from something using a pump:We took turnspumping out the boat.PRODUCE2INFORMAL DISAPPROVINGto produce words or loud music in a way that is repeated,forceful and continuous: The government keeps pumpingout the same old propaganda.O The car radio waspumping out music with a heacy beat.Pump out sth someone’s stomach is pumped out, aPoisonous substance is removed from it by being-suckedThrough a tube. She had to go tohospital&&&& Stomach pumped out.Pump sth up [M] INFORMAL to make someone feel morecontident or excited: He was offering them advince andtrying to pump them up.O[R]The players were pumpingthemselves up by singing the national anthem, before thegame.Pump sth up[M]1 to fill something with air using a pump: Have you pumped up the balloons yet?O I mustpump the tyres up on my bike.2 INFORMAL to increasesomething by a large amount:The US was able to pumpup exports.O Let’s pump up the tolume a bit!Pump-action /pampek/ n/adjective describes a device which operates by forcingsong&&&& especially air ,in or out of a closed space orcontainer, a pump-action shotgun , a pump&& action&&& Pump priming noun specializedthe activity of helping a business ,programm ,economy&&&etc&& to& develop by& giving it money.& The governmentis carding small,pump-priming grants to single moter who are starting their ownbusinesses.Punnoun a humorous use of a word or phrase which hasseveral meanings or which sound like another word:she made a couple of dreadfulpuns.& This is a well-known joke based on a pun “What’s& black andwhite and red&& all& over&& A newspaperVerb& to make apunPunchNoun&&&&&(c)a forceful hit with a fist (=closed hand) she gave him a punch lik on us inthe nose effect2 U the power to beinteresting and have a strong effect on people ,I felt the performance speechpresntation lacked punch DRnk& 3& a cold or hot drink made by mixing fruit juices pieces of frut and often wine or other alcoholic drinkstool& 4& a piece of equoce& which cuts boles in a maena by pushing a piece of met through it a ticket punch have you seen the holepuneh anywhere?&&&Verb(t) hit 1& to hit someone or something with your FIST (=closedhand);He punched him in the stomach.2 MALY US to hit with your fingers thebugins on a telephone or the kdys on a keys on a keyboard USE TOCL make a holein something with a special piece of equipment:I was just punching holes insome sheets of paper& .This belt’s too big .I’ll have to punch an extrahole in it.Idioms punch sb’s lights out informal to hit someonerepeatedly very hard punch the clock us to put a card into a special machine torecord the times you amive at and leave work:After 17 years of punching the clock,hejust disappeared one morning and was mever heard from again.1.What does the word“pump”mean in “He ran in every five minutes to pump me about the case”?A.Talkwith&& B.ask for information.&&& C.Listento&&& D.Provide with evidence2.When Sally says“The TV propram kept pumping outcommercials”,she may be______.A.excited&&B.interested&& C.annoyed&& D.annoyed3.What will thegovernment most probably provide if it is engaged in a pump-priming program?A. sums of money&&&&&&&&&B.Raw materials<rmative andsignificant&&& D.intereing and powerful4.When Sylvia says“His speech was OK but it had no realpunch”,she thinks it was not_____.A.fluent andimpressive&&&&&& B.logical and moving<rmative andsignificant&& D.interestitng and powerful&&
来源:学年江苏省无锡市高三第一次模拟考试英语试题
&&Professor Reason recently persuaded 35 people to keep a diaryof all their absent-minded actions for two weeks. When he came to analyze theirembarrassing errors, he was surprised to find that nearly all of them fell intoa few groups.&& &One of the women, for instance, on leaving herhouse for work one morning threw her pet dog her earrings and tried to fix adog biscuit on her ear. “The explanation for this is that the brain is like acomputer,” explains the professor. “People programme themselves to do certainactivities regularly.” It was the woman’s custom every morning to throw her dogtwo biscuits and then put on her earrings. “But somehow the action got reversed(颠倒)in the programme.” About onein twenty of the incidents the volunteers reported were these “programmeassembly failures.”&& Twenty percent of all errors were “test failures” —mainly due to not verifying the progress of what the body was doing. A manabout to get his car out of the garage passed through the back yard where hisgarden jacket and boots were kept, put them on — much to his surprise. A womanreported, “I got into the bath with my socks on.”&& The commonest problem was information “storagefailures”. People forgot the names of people whose faces they knew, went into aroom and forgot why they were there, mislaid something, or smoked a cigarettewithout realizing it.&& The research so far suggests that while the centralprocessor of the brain is liberated from second-to-second control of awell-practiced routine, it must repeatedly switch back its attention atimportant decision points to check that the action goes on as intended.Otherwise the activity may be gotten by another frequently and recently usedprogramme, resulting in embarrassing errors.1.The purpose of the professor’s research isto __________.& &&A. show the difference between men and women& &&B. sort and explain some errors in human actions&& &C. find the causes which lead to computerfailures& &&D. compare computer functions with brain working2.Which of the following might be groupedunder “programme assembly failures”?&& &A. A woman went to a shop and forgot what to buy.& &&B. A man returning home after work left his keyin the lock.&& &C. A lady fell as she was paying attention toeach step her feet were taking.&& &D. An old man, with his shoes on, was trying toput on his socks.3.The underlined word “verifying” (inparagraph 3) can be replaced by “_______”.&& &A.improving&&&&&&&& &B.changing&&&& C.checking&&&&&& D. stopping4.According to the passage, the information“storage failure” refers to “_______”.& &A. information collecting system being destroyed& &B. one’s total memory being removed&&&C. the loss of part of one’s memory for a time&&&D. the separation of one’s action from words&
来源:学年安徽省百校论坛高三上学期第三次联合考试英语卷
题型:完型填空
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&&&&&&&& I wasloading my truck to go to the flea market when a hook(钩子) on one of the bungees bent and broke back into my left eye.The____36___ was like a hot sword had been struck through my head.Ifell down on my hands and knees, and ___37___ I saw blood dripping onto theground, I knew it was ___38___.&&&&&&&& They___39___ me to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, where there's a special eyecenter.The ____40___ there operated on me several times butcouldn't save my eye.When they told me the news, I wanted to ___41___.&&&&&&&& Even afterI got my prosthetic eye (义眼), I couldn't ____42___ off the depression.Tomake matters worse, I lost my job as a transportation officer for the TennesseeDepartment of Children's Services because of ___43___ about my driving ability.Butone morning, I woke up and the TV was ___44___, and there was a 16-year-oldgirl.She had been ___45___ burned on her face, hands, and legsand was learning to walk again.She ___46___ a big smile and seemed to lookright at me and said, &You can't ever give up.&At that moment, I thought, this is just a (n)___47___.Get over it.And I ____48___.&&&&&&&& It's beenalmost 12 years since my ____49___, and there isn't anything I can't do nowthat I used to do.Although I didn't get my ___50___ job back, Icould do something else to ___51___ a happy life.&&&&&&&& I read a___52___ once where a man was feeling bad because he had no ___53___, until hemet a man who had no feet. No matter how destroying your problem is,___54___ there's always someone somewhere who's worse off.____55___having just one eye, I see things a lot more clearly now. 1.A.fight&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.pain&&&&&&&&&&&& C.injury&&&&&&&&&& D.wound2.A.before&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.though&&&&&&& C.because&& &&&&&& D.when3.A.bad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.good&&&&&&&C.strange&&&& &&&&& D.lucky4.A.forced&&&&&&&&&&& B.passed&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& C.took&&&&&&&&D.gave5.A.doctors&&&&&&&&&&& B.workers&&&&&C.teachers&&&& & D.soldiers6.A.rise&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.stay&&&&&&&&&&& C.leave&&&&&& &&& D.die7.A.set&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.shake&&&&&&&& C.turn&&&&&&& && D.leave8.A.possibilities&&&&&&&& B.decisions&&&& C.chances&&&&& D.concerns9.A.off&&&&&&&&&& &&&&B.up&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.on&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.down10.A.badly&&&&&&&&&&&& B.carefully&&&&& C.finally&&&&&& && D.hardly11.A.developed&&&&&&& B.covered&&&& && C.enjoyed&&&&& D.wore12.A.ear&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.eye&&&&&&&&&&& C.arm&&&&&& &&&&& D.nose13.A.worked&&&&&&& B.stopped&&&& && C.did&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.helped14.A.accident&&&&&&& B.experiment&& C.argument&&&& &&&&&&&& D.quarrel15.A.new&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.hard&&&&&&&&&&& C.easy&&&&&&&&& D.former16.A.build&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.lead&&&&&&&&&&&& C.search&&&&&&D.avoid17.A.humor&&&&&&&&&&& B.joke&&&&&&&&&& C.poem&&&&&& && D.story18.A.clothes&&&&&&&&&& B.jackets&&&&&&& C.shoes&&&&&& && D.trousers19.A.remember&&&&&& B.forget&&&&& &&& C.promise&&&&&D.prove20.A.Through&&&&&&&& B.Despite&&&&& C.Without&&&&&& D.Beyond&
来源:年北京市高一上学期期中考试英语试卷
Mr. Grey was the manager of a small officein London. He lived in the country, and came up to work by train. He likedwalking from the station to his office unless it was raining, because it gavehim some exercise.One morning he was walking along the streetwhen a stranger stopped him and said to him, “You may not remember me, sir, butseven years ago I came to London without a penny in my pockets, I stopped youin this street and asked you to lend me some money, and you lent me & 5,because you said you were willing to take a chance so as to give a man a starton the way to success.”Mr. Grey thought for a few minutes and thensaid, “Yes, I remember you. Go on with your story!” “Well,” answered thestranger, “are you still willing to take a chance?”1.How did Mr. Grey get to his office?
A.He went up to work by train.
B.He walked to his office.
C.He went to his office on foot unless it rained.
D.He usually took a train to the station and then walked to his office if the weather was fine.
2. Mr. Grey liked walking from the stationto his office because ________.
A.he couldn’t afford the buses
B.he wanted to save money
C.he wanted to keep in good health
D.he could do some exercises on the way
3.Mr. Grey had been willing to lend moneyto a stranger in order to______.
A.give him a start in life
B.help him on the way to success
C.make him rich
D.gain more money
4.One morning the stranger recognized Mr.Grey, and_______.
A.wanted to return Mr. Grey the money
B.again asked Mr. Grey for money
C.would like to make friends with him
D.told Mr. Grey that he had been successful since then
来源:2010年江西省高三5月月考(英语)(期中考试)
Here is what I have been told of thematter. In the spring of 1842, Marguerite was soweak, so different in her looks, that the doctors had ordered her to take thewaters.&She therefore set out for Bagneres. Among the other sufferers there, was theDuke's daughter who not only had the same complaint but a face so likeMarguerite's that they could have been taken for sisters.& The fact wasthat the young Duchess was in the third stage of consumption and, only daysafter Marguerite's arrival, she passed away. One morning the Duke, who had remained atBagneres&caught sight of Marguerite as she turned a corner of a gravelwalk. It seemed as though he was seeing the spirit of his dead child and, goingup to her, he took both her hands, embraced her tearfully and, without askingwho she was,&begged permission to call on her and to love in her personthe living image of his dead daughter. Marguerite, alone at Bagneres with hermaid, and in any case having nothing to lose by compromising herself, grantedthe Duke what he asked. Now there were a number of people atBagneres who knew her,&and they made a point of calling on the Duke toinform him of Marguerite's true situation.&It was a terrible blow for theold man, for any resemblance with his daughter stopped there.&But it wastoo late.&The young woman had become an emotional necessity, his onlyexcuse and his sole reason for living. He did not criticize her, he had no rightto, but he did ask her if she felt that she could change her way of life, and,in exchange for this sacrifice,&he would offer all the compensations shecould want.&She agreed. It should be said that at this pointMarguerite, who was by nature somewhat highly strung(excited and nervous), wasseriously ill.&Her past appeared to her to be one of the major causes ofher illness,&and a kind of superstition(迷信) led her to hope that God would allow her tokeep her beauty and her health in exchange for her regret and shame.And indeed the waters, the walks, healthyfatigue and sleep had almost restored her fully by the end of that summer. The Duke accompanied Marguerite to Paris,where he continued to call on her as at Bagneres. This connection, of which the true originand true motive were known to no one,& gave rise here to a great deal oftalk, since the Duke, known till now as an enormously wealthy man,& nowbegan to acquire a name for the prodigality(挥霍). 72. Why did the Duke take Marguerite’s bothhands when he saw her?A. His daughter and Marguerite were oncegood friends.& B. Marguerite is his daughter’s spirit.C. Marguerite resembles hisdaughter.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. They haven’t seen each other for long.73. What’s the right order of the events?a. The Duke accompanied Marguerite to Paris.b. Marguerite set out for Bagneres.c. The Duke took Marguerite as hisdaughter.d. The daughter of the Duke passed away.e. Marguerite took a gravel walkA.e-c-b-d-a&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.c-d-e-b-a&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. b-d-e-c-a&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. d-a-c-b-e74. From the passage we can guess thatMarguerite _______.A. doesn’t believe in God&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. was once a woman without a good fameC. was strange to all the people in BagnersD. kept her own way of life while living withthe Duke 75. According to the passage, Margueritewent to Bagners _______.A. just for a gravelwalk&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. to find her sisterC. to visit theDuke&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. for treatment&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 your logo是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐