下载次数:35次
资料类型:
文档大小:244KB
所属点数: 2点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 2 点,】
资料概述与简介
第一部分 选修七 Modules 3-4
Ⅰ.语法填空,单句训练
1.(2015·金华十校高三期末改编)The bank is offering a(n) ________ to anyone who can give some information about the robbery.
答案:reward 考查名词词义。句意:银行向任何一个提供有关抢劫案信息的人提供了一笔酬金。这里指的是因表示感谢而提供的奖励,所以用reward。
2.No sooner ________they heard the news ________ they rushed out into the street.
答案: than 考查倒装。no sooner...than...,意为“一……就……”。no sooner所在的句子常使用过去完成时,其位于句首时,主句须使用部分倒装。
3.As we grow older, it's not the things we did ________ we often regret, but the things we didn't do.
答案:that 考查强调句型。句意:随着年龄的增长,我们经常后悔的不是我们所做的事,而是我们没有做过的事。not...but...连接两个宾语,the things是被强调部分,这两个宾语后的we did和we didn't do是定语从句。
4.A notice was put________ in order to remind the students of the changed lecture time.
答案:up 考查动词短语辨析。句意:(学校)张贴了一个通知以提醒学生讲座变更的时间。put up“张贴”,符合句意。
5.Jack would love to go to the cinema with his dad, but the film is ________(intend) for adults only.
答案:intended 考查动词词义。句意:杰克想跟他的父亲一起去看电影,但是这部电影仅供成年人观看。be intended for“专供……使用”,符合句意。
6.(2015·潍坊四县一校高三联考改编)Most people would agree that nuclear science should be developed to benefit the human beings ________ harm them.
答案:rather than 考查短语。句意:大部人都认为该技术的发展应是有益于人类而不是对他们造成伤害。rather that“而不是,与其”,符合句意。
7.(2015·天津十二区县重点学校高三联考改编)Although no further financial problem ________(arise), their small factory once couldn't make both ends meet.
答案:arose 考查动词。句意:虽然没有出现进一步的财政问题,但他们的小工厂曾一度不能做到收支平衡。arise“(尤指问题或困境)发生/产生,出现”,符合句意。
8.(2015·辽宁东北育才双语学校高三第三次模拟改编) The things that ________(matter) is not the problem itself, but what we should do with it.
答案:matters 考查名词辨析。句意:重要的不是问题本身,而是我们如何处理它。matter“要紧,重要”。根据题意可知用matters。
9.—How long do you think it will be ________ the stock market returns to normal?
—At least one year, I guess.
答案:before 句意:——“你认为再过多久股票市场会回归正常?”——“我猜至少一年。”此处应用before引导时间状语从句,表示“再过多久才……”。
10.Water, when________(heat) enough, can change into vapor quickly.
答案:(it is) heated 句意:加热时,水会变成水蒸气。water与heat之间为逻辑上的动宾关系,故用过去分词表被动,when heated为when it is heated的省略。
Ⅱ.语法填空,篇章训练
阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
__1__ artist had a small daughter.Sometimes he painted women __2__ any clothes on,and he and his wife always tried to keep the small girl out __3__ he was doing this,“She is __4__ young to understand,”they said.
But one day,when the artist __5__(paint) a woman with no clothes on,he forgot __6__(lock)the door,and the girl suddenly ran into the room.Her mother ran up the stairs __7__(stop)her, but when she got to the room,the little girl was already in the room and looking at the woman.Both her__8__ waited for her to speak.
For a few seconds the little girl said __9__,but then she ran to her mother and said __10__(angry),“Why do you let her go about without shoes and socks oil when you don't let me?”
1.______ 2.______ 3.______ 4.______ 5.______
6.______ 7.______ 8.______ 9.______ 10.______
答案:1.an 2.without 3.when/while 4.too 5.was painting
6.to lock 7.to stop 8.parents 9.nothing 10.angrily
Ⅲ.完形填空
(2015·辽宁沈阳质检)
A learned man has always a lot of riches in himself.
Simonides, a famous Greek poet, once made a tour around the well-known cities of Asia. Years later, he decided to __1__ to his native land by sea.
However, he hoarded on a ship, which got __2__in a terrible storm. Together with its own poor condition, the ship began to __3__ into the sea. Some passengers was busy __4__ together their bags, and others their __5__belongings. To everyone's surprise, Simonides was a(n) __6__. One who was __7__ curious, asked, “Are you going to save __8__ of your property, Simonides?” He made a reply, “All my possessions are __9__ me.”
While a few made their __10__ by swimming, the majority, being weighed down by their burdens, disappeared in the sea. __11__, some thieves made their appearance, and stole __12__ the few lucky people had saved, leaving them nothing.
Clazomenae, an ancient city, chanced to be near the beach. Here lived a wealthy man __13__ the pursuits (追求) of literature. He had often read the poems of Simonides, and was a very great __14__ of him though he had never seen Simonides. __15__, Simonides was saved by this man shortly after he got to the beach. Knowing who he was from their brief conversation, the man __16__ Simonides into his house with the greatest pleasure, and __17__ him with clothes, money, and attendants. The other __18__ meanwhile were carrying about their bowls, begging for food in the same city. One day, Simonides __19__ to meet them. With much sympathy, Simonides remarked, “I told you that all my p what you have __20__ to save is lost now.”
语篇解读:作者用一名古希腊诗人遭遇沉船事故之后的经历告诉我们:钱乃身外之物,智慧才是永恒的财富。
1.A.return   B.get
C.visit   D.come
答案:A return意为“返回,回去”;get意为“得到”;visit意为“参观,拜访”;come意为“到来”。前文说Simonides在亚洲各大名城旅游,根据此空后的to his native land by sea可知他要返回家乡,故A项正确。
2.A.hit   B.caught
C.struck   D.seized
答案:B 根据此空后的in a terrible storm可知,此处表示他坐的船遇到了风暴,get/be caught in意为“被困于,遭到”,为固定结构,符合语境。
3.A.break   B.drown
C.fall   D.sink
答案:D break意为“打破”;drown意为“淹没”;fall意为“下降”;sink意为“下沉”。根据空前的描述together with its own poor condition可知,船很破旧,遇到暴风雨之后就开始下沉,故D项正确。
4.A.gathering   B.keeping
C.joining   D.carrying
答案:A gather意为“收集”;keep意为“保存”;join意为“参加,加入”;carry意为“拿,携带”。根据此空后的together their bags可知此处表示一些乘客忙着收拾自己的行李,gather together意为“收拢,归拢(分散的东西)”,为固定结构,符合语境。
5.A.common   B.formal
C.precious   D.previous
答案:C common意为“共同的,普通的”;formal意为“正式的”;precious意为“珍贵的”;previous意为“以前的,先前的”。根据语境可知船要沉了,乘客收拾行李时会拿珍贵的东西,故C项正确。
6.A.millionaire   B.example
C.fool   D.exception
答案:D millionaire意为“百万富翁”;example意为“例子”;fool意为“傻瓜”;exception意为“例外”。根据此空前的To everyone's surprise可知,此处表示人人都在收拾行李,只有Simonides是个例外,故D项正确。
7.A.slightly   B.extremely
C.gradually   D.generally
答案:B slightly意为“轻微地,稍微地”;extremely意为“非常,极其”;gradually意为“逐渐地”;generally意为“通常,普通地”。根据语境可知此处表示有一个人对Simonides的反应感到非常好奇,故B项正确。
8.A.nothing   B.few
C.none   D.no one
答案:C 根据下文“All my possessions are __9__ me”可知此处用none表示“全无,没有一点儿”。
9.A.about   B.around
C.of   D.for
答案:A 根据文章最后一句中的“I told you that all my property was about me...”可知此处填about,Simonides认为他自己就是所有的财产,故A项正确。
10.A.effort   B.effect
C.escape   D.attempt
答案:C effort意为“努力”;effect意为“效果”;escape意为“逃脱,逃离”;attempt意为“试图”。根据后文“the majority,being weighed down by their burdens,disappeared in the sea”“大多数人被背上的东西所累,消失在了海中”可知,此处与后文对比,讲一小部分人活了下来。make one's escape意为“逃脱”,为固定短语,故C项正确。
11.A.In fact   B.In brief
C.After all   D.Worse still
答案:D in fact意为“事实上”;in brief意为“简言之”;after all意为“毕竟,终究”;worse still意为“更糟糕的是”。根据此空后的some thieves made their appearance可知,此处表示意义上的递进,故D项正确。
12.A.that   B.what
C.which   D.when
答案:B 分析句子成分后可知,所填词引导宾语从句,且从句中the few lucky people had saved中的save后缺少宾语,故用what引导,故B项正确。
13.A.related to   B.adapted to
C.determined to   D.devoted to
答案:D related to意为“与……有关”;adapted to意为“适合,适应于”;determined to意为“有做……的决心”;devoted to意为“致力于”。此处表示一名富人致力于追求文学,A、B两项不符合语境。determined to后接动词不定式,devoted to后接名词或动名词,故D项正确。
14.A.adviser   B.listener
C.admirer   D.buyer
答案:C adviser意为“顾问;劝告者”;listener意为“听众”;admirer意为“崇拜者”;buyer意为“买主”。根据此空前的“He had often read the poems of Simonides”可知这个富人喜欢读Simonides的诗歌,因此可见他是Simonides的崇拜者,故C项正确。
15.A.Unluckily   B.Fortunately
C.Naturally   D.Frequently
答案:B unluckily意为“不幸地”;fortunately意为“幸运地”;naturally意为“自然地”;frequently意为“频繁地”。根据此空后的“Simonides was saved by this man shortly after he go to the beach”可知,这对Simonides来说是一件很幸运的事,故选B项。
16.A.ordered   B.forced
C.received   D.begged
答案:C order意为“命令”;force意为“强迫”;receive意为“接受,收到”;beg意为“乞求”。根据此空后的“...with the greatest pleasure”可知此处表示这个富人高兴地接Simonides到他家里,故C项正确。
17.A.provided   B.offered
C.showed   D.afforded
答案:A provide意为“提供”;offer意为“提供”;show意为“显示,说明”;afford意为“支付得起”。根据语境可知此处表示这个富人还为Simonides提供了衣服、钱及侍从,provide sb. with sth.意为“给某人提供某物”,符合语境。
18.A.villagers   B.writers
C.stealers   D.survivors
答案:D villagers意为“村民”;writers意为“作者”;stealers意为“偷窃者”;survivors意为“幸存者”。根据语境可知,此处表示同一条船上的其他幸存者的境遇,故D项正确。
19.A.hoped   B.happened
C.managed   D.demanded
答案:B hope意为“希望”;happen意为“发生”;manage意为“管理,经营”;demand意为“要求,需要”。Simonides碰巧遇到他们,此处用happen to do sth.意为“碰巧做某事”。
20.A.struggled   B.failed
C.encouraged   D.succeeded
答案:A struggle意为“努力,奋斗”;fail意为“失败”;encourage意为“鼓励”;succeed意为“成功”。根据语境可知此处表示“当初你们努力要拯救的东西现在都丢了”,故A项正确。
Ⅳ.阅读理解
(2015·湖北黄冈模拟)
Many people believe that teaching children music makes them smarter, better able to learn new things. But the organizers of a new study say there's no scientific evidence that early musical training affects the intelligence of young people.
An estimated 80 percent of American adults think music lessons improve children's ability to learn or their performance in school. They, say that the satisfaction for learning to play a new song helps a child express creativity.
Researchers at Harvard University, however, have found that there's one thing musical training does not do. They say it does not make children more intelligent. Samuel Mehr is a graduate student at Harvard's School of Education. He said it is wrong to think that learning to play a musical instrument improves a child's intellectual development. He says the evidence comes from studies that measured the mental ability of two groups of 4-year-olds and their parents. One group attended music class, the other went to a class that places importance on the visual arts—arts that can be seen.
“The evidence there is ‘no’. We found no evidence for any advantage on any of these tests for the kids participating in these music classes,” said Mehr. Samuel Mehr says researchers have carried out many studies in an effort to learn whether musical training can make children smarter. He says the results have been mixed. He says only one study seems to show a small percentage increase in IQ, intellectual scores among students after one year of music lessons. He does not believe that IQ is a good measure of child's intelligence. He says researchers in his study compared how well children in the musical training group did on mental processing tasks or projects, then the results were compared to those of children who did not take lessons. There was no evidence that the musical training group did much better on the mental tasks than the other group.
The researchers confirmed the results with a larger group of children and their parents. Mr. Mehr says music lessons may not offer children a fast easy way to gain entry to the best schools later in their life. But he says the training is still important for cultural reasons. In his words, “We teach music because music is important for us.”
语篇解读:本文是一篇说明文。哈佛大学最近的一项研究表明,没有证据证明接受了音乐教育的孩子比没有接受音乐教育的孩子的智商更高。
1.According to the new study, musical training ________.
A.makes children smarter
B.helps a child express creativity
C.does not make children more intelligent
D.improve children's ability to learn in school
答案:C 推理判断题。根据文章第一段第二句“But the organizers of a new study say there's no scientific evidence that early musical training affects the intelligence of young people.”可推断,上过音乐培训课的孩子并不会比没上过音乐培训课的孩子更聪明。故选C项。
2.Samuel Mehr may agree that ________.
A.the children who attended music class are smarter than those who attended arts class
B.IQ is a good measure of a child's intelligence
C.we needn't to teach children music
D.music training is still important for cultural reasons
答案:D 细节理解题。由最后一段的最后两句“But he says the training is still important for cultural reasons. In his words, ‘We teach music because music is important for us.’”可知,他认为从文化方面说,音乐还是很重要的。故选D项。
3.In order to confirm his view, Samuel Mehr ________.
A.conducted more than one research
B.interviewed many American adults
C.taught two groups of 4-year-olds music and arts
D.offered children a fast way to be admitted to the best schools
答案:A 细节理解题。由第四段第三句“Samuel Mehr says researchers have carried out many studies in an effort to learn whether musical training can make children smarter.”可知,塞缪尔·梅尔进行了不止一项研究去论证音乐对孩子早期智力开发的真实作用。故选A项。
4.The article may be taken from a report about________.
A.health  B.education
C.culture  D.economy
答案:B 推理判断题。全文介绍了哈佛大学研究人员做的一项关于音乐开发小孩智力真假与否的研究,因此可以推断,本文应该出自与教育有关的报道。故选B项。
Ⅴ.短文改错
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下画一横线,并在其下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
The winter holiday is coming,which made me excited.I have been looking forward at relaxing myself.I'd like to go skating,climb mountains and see several movie.I think I can play the basketball with my classmates.How a wonderful time I'll have during the winter holiday!However,my parents think different.They don't want me go out.They are afraid I'll be knocked down by a truck,fallen off a tree,or fight with others.Besides,they are afraid I will lose my way.I hate being treated like a bird keeping in a cage.To get more freedom,so I will try to persuade them.
The winter holiday is coming,which
me excited.I have been looking forward
relaxing myself.I'd like to go skating,climb mountains and see several .I think I can play the
basketball with my classmates. a wonderful time I'll have during the winter holiday!However,my parents think .They don't want me
go out.They are afraid I'll be knocked down by a truck, off a tree,or fight with others.Besides,they are afraid I will lose my way. I hate being treated like a bird
in a cage.To get more freedom,so
I will try to persuade them.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
其他相关资源
友情链接:
客服总机:400-606-99777 业务传真:010- 客服邮箱:Copyright &2006 - 2015 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号地区:全国
上传人:PMZm****@qq.com
版本:外研版
上传时间:
已有5118人下载该资源
内容简介文档简介为自动调取,可能会显示内容不完整,请您下载文档查看完整文档内容。
2013高二英语教学课件: Module 6 《The World’s Cultural Heritage(共5课时)》[TY] (外研版选修7)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 作业项目一定要。可让学生单独做的作业,也可以是一个project,几个人一起做的,只要设计就行。 可多往探究性题目想。不要细到课本上的练习。 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Language Date Bank 5.
They are a precious part of our cultural heritage – it is of vital importance that we do something.
It is + of + n.
? It is + adj.
e.g 你给我的地图用处很大。
The map that you gave me was of great help.
上周开的会议十分重要。
The meeting held last week was of great importance. Language Date Bank Apart from providing warmth, what was fire used for?
apart from : besides, 副词性短语,既可放在句首,也可放在句末,其宾语包含在整体之内,即“除了含有此部分以外,还含有其他部分”。
e.g 除了自己的工作外,他没有其他的爱好。
He has no other interests, apart from his work.
除了我以外,会上还有十个人。
Apart from me, there were ten people at the meeting. Language Date Bank 每两年该列表都要通过每个国家一次推荐候选项目机会的方式来扩大。
_______ ________ _________ the directory _________ __________ by giving each country the chance to recommend one candidate. 联合国教科文组织不歧视进行规范投标的任何国家….
No _______________ is made against which make regular bids. 在执行投标程序的同时,州政府分配资金来对每个项目进行保护。
While the bid _______ _______ ________, the state government allocates funds for each item’s protection. Every
years is enlarged discrimination is
through Language Date Bank
Key phrases of Reading Practice Every two years the directory is __________ by giving
each country the chance to ___________ on candidate. Doctors and practitioners would _________ both its
advantages and its ___________ abroad. But some people feel that there needs to be a
_____________ between the term “heritage” which
suggests something old-fashioned. UNESCO undertakes to ______ sites _____ the World
Heritage list if their present state is threatened by
______________ protection. enlarged recommend advocate legal status compromise take off an absence of * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Grammar(1)-2
Choose the sentences which are closer in
meaning to the sentences above. They have recommended that the site be closed and
(a) “In our opinion, we think you had better close the
site and repair it.”
(b) “We have closed the site and are going to repair it.” We have requested that the government get involved.
(a) “We are very pleased that the government has
decided to get in involved.”
(b) “Leaders, please do something about this problem.” 3.
A professor at the Academy has proposed that a fund be established to raise money.
(a) “I think we should raise to help with the work.”
(b) “We have already raised money to help with the
work” They have suggested that the general public be encourage to help with the problem.
(a) “We want the general public to get involved.”
(b) “We order the general public to get involved.” Grammar(1)-3 Observation
虚拟语气在某些从句中的应用 I suggest we set off tomorrow morning. He insisted that we take up the matter at the meeting. It is important that we study both Chinese and English
well when we are young. It was ordered that all the work be finished with two
weeks. The suggestion that senior students have classes at
weekends was turned down. 6.
My idea is that we have a picnic in the coming weekend. 宾语从句 主语从句 同位语从句
Grammar(1)-4 Completing
Complete the second sentences . Use the subjunctive. “ We should close the site to the public for ten years.”
The Academy of Sciences proposed that they ______
_____________________________________________ “ The public should be involved in the conservation
project.”
He suggested that______________________________ _____________________________________________ “Will you please allow us to excavate the caves?”
The archaeologists requested that ________________ _____________________________________________ “We must be paid on time.”
The workers insisted that_______________________ close the site to public for ten years. the public be involved in the
conversation project.
they be allowed to
excavate the caves.
they be paid on time . Grammar(1)-5. Exercise
历年高考题 1. When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks as if it____ A. breaks
B. has broken
C. were broken
D. had been broken 2. I insisted _____to see a doctor, but he insisted nothing ___ wrong with him A. should be
B. be C. was
Grammar(1)-5. Exercise
历年高考题 3. I was ill that day, otherwise I ____ the sports meet
A. would have taken part in
B. took part in
C. had taken part in
D. would take part in
4. Mike’s father, as well as his mother, insisted he
B. could stay
C. has stayed
Grammar(1)-5. Exercise
历年高考题 5. It was requested that the play ____again A. should put on
B. would put on C. be put on
6. He requested that the students ____them get in crops A. help
B. to help C. helped
D. helping Grammar(1)-5. Exercise
历年高考题 7. My suggestion is that the meeting ____off till nest Sunday.
C. should put
D. had been put
8. The teacher demanded that the exam _____ before eleven.
A. must finish
B. would be finished
C. be finished
D. must be finished
Finish the exercises on WB Activity 1&2 ,Page 121
Period 4 Module 6 The world’s Cultural Heritage
Reading & Writing
Speaking Reading & Writing–1. Brainstorm
What can you see in this picture? Do you think Kunqu Opera is part of cultural heritage? If so, does it belong to tangible or intangible cultural
heritage? 4.
In your opinion, what is intangible cultural heritage? Reading & Writing–2. Answering
Read the passage and answer the questions on Activity 1.
What’s the difference between “tangible” and
“intangible” world heritage? Can you give an example of oral heritage? What kind of people are living human treasures? What makes a language endangered? Give a example of traditional music that is thought
to be part of an intangible cultural heritage. Answers: “tangible” heritage consists of building and objects
“intangible” heritage means
traditional songs and poems, people who can perform
traditional works, languages and music. Story-telling--- things which are passed on orally from
one generation to the next. People who know the traditional songs, poems, games,
etc. When it is spoken by only a few old people and is not
taught to the young. 5.
Kunqu opera.
Reading & Writing –3 Filling & Speaking
Intangible Cultural Heritage consistence examples 1. Oral Heritage 2. Living Human Treasures 3. Endangered Languages 4. Traditional Music of the World Reading & Writing –4 Filling & Speaking
Discuss: what your choice is called and what it is? where in the world it is seen or heard? who it belongs to and who they are? why it’s part of your cultural heritage? Homework
According what you have learnt during the class, write a passage to introduce one of the cultural heritage you had discussed.
Period 5 Module 6 The World’s Cultural Heritage
Reading Practice Culture corner
Reading Practice-1. Brainstorm
Put the following lists of cultural heritage in the right places tangible cultural
heritage intangible cultural
heritage Kunqu Opera
the Great wall the Forbidden City Chen-style Tai Chi Mogao Caves at Dunhuang the Qin Terracotta,
Warriors and Horses Guqin Music
Confucius Temple at Qufu Shaolin kung fu Reading Practice-2.Answering
Read the passage and answer the questions.
Which items will be included in a bid to be added to
the UNESCO list?
Which are other examples of China’s intangible
cultural heritage? Traditional Chinese Medicine and Mid-Autumn
Festival. Shaolin kung fu, the world’s longest epic poem of
Tibetan King Gesser and Chen-style Tai Chi
Reading Practice-3.Selection
Decide which sentences does Not refer to the main idea of the passage. Every two years the directory is enlarged by giving each
country the chance to recommend one candidate.
The application for TCM would highlight the fact that
traditional Chinese medicine is a culture the has exited
for thousands of years. With more than 50 million Chinese living and working
overseas, the Mid-Autumn Festival reminds them of
their Chinese origins and would help to unite Chinese
people all over the would. UNESCO’s agenda for the world’s tangible and
intangible heritage is also to act as a warning system for
sites which are at the mercy of redevelopment, pollution
or even the effects of tourism, and cultural activities
which are in danger.
Reading Practice-4.Answering
Read the passage again, then answer the following questions. Protecting an item of world heritage begins_____.
A. when it has been included on the list.
B. as soon as the bid is made
C. once every two years
D. if the bid to UNESCO is successful Including TCM on the UNESCO List will highlight___.
A. that it is old-fashion and still developing as a medical
B. the advantages of its treatment, its legal status abroad
and its use in medical research
C. the theories and experiences of its practitioners
D. its advantage in treating AIDS and malaria The bid to include the Mid-Autumn Festival on the
UNESCO list_____. A. suggests it is in danger B. is an example of cultural activity with unites Chinese
people all over the world C. is an opportunity to recommend symbolic ambassadors D. reflects Chinese cultural traditions The UNESCO list of world tangible and intangible
heritage. protect sites and items in danger of disappearing both celebrates and protects sites and items of cultural
importance celebrates world cultural activities and traditions
protects sites of cultural importance which are in danger
Reading pleting
Complete the sentences in your own words. TCM is being recommended as candidate for the
UNESCO list because______________________________ The Mid-Autumn Festival reminds Chinese people
overseas of their origins ,so_________________________ If a site is not protected, UNESCO___________________ A successful bid requires___________________________ TCM is being recommended as candidate for the
UNESCO list because it’s an important tradition. 2. The Mid-Autumn Festival reminds Chinese people
overseas of their origins ,so it helps to unite Chinese
all over the world. 3. If a site is not protected, UNESCO may take it off the
list of World Heritage Sites. 4. A successful bid requires cultural diplomacy and
knowledge of UNSCO’s system.
Work with your group members , then make a list of sites and items from your local or regional
cultural heritage. Which ones would you bid to be added to the UNESCO list? Give your reasons. Language Date Bank Language points for Reading
Language Date Bank Some areas are almost completely covered in weeds, causing serious damage.
causing serious damage是动词的现在分词作结果状语。
汤姆的祖父两年前去世了,留给他一大笔钱。
Tom’s grandfather died two years ago, leaving him a big fortune.
现在分词动作与谓语动词同时发生用一般式doing,如果现在分词的动作发生在谓语动词之前,表示已完成动作,主动语态用完成式having done;被动语态则用having been done
Walking along the street, I met a friend of mine.
Having finished their work, they had a rest. Language Date Bank
现在分词和过去分词都可以做状语,表示时间、条件、原因、伴随、结果、让步、程度。
Turning to the left, he suddenly found the shop he was looking for.
Disturbed by the noise, we had to finish the meeting early.
Being ill, he went home.
Working this way (=If they work this way), they will reduce the cost.
If bitten by (=Bitten) a snake, you should send for help and not walk.
Born a free man, he was now in chains.
They went out of the hall, talking and laughing.
He dropped the plate, breaking it into pieces. 时间状语 原因状语 条件状语 条件状语 让步状语 伴随状语 结果状语 Language Date Bank 2 . Pollution from nearby cement factories has also contributed to the problem.
contribute to : to be one of the things that help to make something happen
They can help by contributing to the cost of repairing the caves.
contribute to : to give money or your time and effort in order to achieve something
contribute to the Red Cross 向红十字会捐献
contribute to a literary journal 向文学杂志投稿 Language Date Bank
这个新发现将对全人类作出贡献。
This new discovery will contribute to all humanity. 双方父母都给孩子们提供生活费用。
Both parents contribute to the maintenance of their children. 事实上,我们很少有人承认考试对学生的学习会起什么真正重要的作用。
Actually, few of us admit that examinations can contribute anything really important to the students’ academic development. Language Date Bank 3.
This is a very serious matter and Chinese Academy of Sciences is trying to raise public awareness about it.
raise / increase awareness of : 唤醒……的意识
这项运动旨在使人们意识到被动吸烟的危害。
The campaign aims to raise awareness of the dangers of passive smoking.
There was an almost complete lack of awareness of the issues involved.
对有关问题几乎是一无所知。
Language Date Bank They have suggested that the general public be encouraged to help with the problem.
在表示建议(suggest)、要求(demand, insist)和命令(order)等动词后的宾语从句中,不论主句谓语动词用何种时态,宾语从句中的动词一律用“(should)+ 动词原形”结构来表示虚拟语气。
e.g 她建议我们用另一种方法做这项工作。
She suggested that we (should) do the work in another way.
他命令将门锁起来。
He ordered that the door (should) be locked. English Song English Class Language Data
Video Data 课时分配 课时 板块结合范例 Period 1 Introduction + Vocabulary&Reading Period 2 Listening&Vocabulary+Grammar(2)&Function +Everyday English Period 3 Grammar 1 Period 4 Reading & Writing +Speaking Period 5 Reading Practice+ Cultural Corner Period 1 Module 6 The World’s Cultural Heritage
Introduction
Vocabulary&Reading Introduction-1 Speaking What is your first impression of the pictures? What do you know about the pictures above? Do you know what happened in the place above in
June 2004? Introduction-2. Reporting
Task: Get the information you need, then make a
report to the whole classes that what
happened in Suzhou in June 2004?
Tips: Pay attention to the following years:
2004 Introduction-3. Discussion
paintings poems
sports teams
traditions Task: 1) Which of the items do you think are part of a
country’s cultural heritage?
2) which do you think are the most important items?
Give your reasons and share with your partner. Vocabulary&Reading-1. Speaking
What do you know about the pictures above? Reading-2. Fast-reading Read the passage then fill the form.. years events In 1929 In 1937 In 1949 In 1987 A compete skull was discover. Excavations stopped and most of the fossils disappeared. The work started again and it became an
important tourist attraction. It was listed as a world heritage site. Reading-3. Detail-reading Read the passage again, then answer the questions on Activity 1. Answers: some prehistoric human bones almost 200 items four sites fewer than 5% Japan invaded China in December 1987 Reading-4. Fast-reading Read Part 2 , then finish the questions on Activity 2. Answers: Rain and exposure to the air Nearby cement factories The site should be closed and repaired The government and the general public Reading-5. Discussion Read Part 2
again, then share your ideas of the following questions with partner. . Why The Zhoukoudian Beijing Man Site is the one of
the most important world heritage sites in China? Do you think it’s a good idea to continue the
excavations ? Why? Do you think it’s worthwhile to spend so much money
on the excavations? Do you think it’s just only the jobs for government to
do something for the site? If
not , why?
Reading & Vocabulary-6.Filling the blanks
In 1920s, archaeologists _________ some prehistoric human_____ ,which came from an unknown ______ of man ,and were the first _________ of primitive human life in China long before. Evidences showed that they knew how to use fire and even made ______ of bones.
Today , however, the remains are in serious _________. Parts of the cave have been badly affected by the nature.
___________ has also contributed to the problem. So the
Scientists have suggested that the general public be ____________ to help with the problem.
tool discovered bones species evidence tools danger pollution encouraged Homework
Try to find more information about the Caves of Zhoukoudian and share with the classmates tomorrow .
Period 2 Module 6 The World’s Cultural Heritage
Listening&Vocabulary Grammar(2)&Function
Everyday English Listening & Vocabulary-1.Speaking
Do you know what it is? Stonehenge (巨石阵)
Listening & Vocabulary -2.Exercises Complete Activity 1, page 76.
Answers: site astronomers buried weigh amazing steep wonderful
Listening & Vocabulary -2.Role-play Complete Activity 1, then finish the task. Task:
Role A: tourist guide
Role B: tourist
Imagine you are a tourist guide ,
can you give a short introduction of
Stonehenge to the tourist?
Listening & Vocabulary -3. Answering Listen to the tape, then answer the following questions. How did the tourists get to the site ?
What was the weather like ?
3. Was the tourist guide enthusiastic about his
4. Did the tourists enjoy the visit ?
By bus. Stormy. No, he wasn’t. Not really.
Listening & Vocabulary -4. Filling Listen again , then fill in the blanks. Questions
no one knows for ________;
the whole thing is a __________;
built for an _________________;
1. _________________;
2. _________________;
3. _________________;
form _______ which is 200 miles
away. Who built it ? Why was it built ? The possible usage From where? sure mystery important reason looked at the stars religious place a burial ground Wales
Everyday English -1. Conversion Change the expression of the underlined sentences with the expressions of E.E.
As we know, the weather in British is unstable. No one is completely sure when it will be rainy or sunshine. Well , don’t worry! If you have a raincoat, you’ll be OK.
Anyway, it doesn’t matter what happens, you’re going to have a good time while you are in here. Even if you get wet, I promise you’ll have a day you won’t forget. As it is going to rain, we should get back in the bus now!
No one knows for sure. not to worry as long as you got a raincoat. no matter what happens, you’ll have a day to remember. we’d better get back into the bus now Grammar (2) -1. Answering Decide the following statements belong to what kinds of Adverbial clauses.
Can I suggest that you all bring an umbrella in case
As long as you’ve got a raincoat, you’ll be OK.
Even though it’s the middle of July, we recommend
that you take warm and waterproof clothing with you.
Even if you get wet, I promise you’ll have a day to
No matter what happens, you’re going to have a
marvelous time.
Wherever you look, you can see part of our cultural
concession
Can I suggest that you all bring an umbrella in case
As long as you’ve got a raincoat, you’ll be OK.
Even though it’s the middle of July, we recommend
that you take warm and waterproof clothing with you.
concession condition
concession
Even if you get wet, I promise you’ll have a day to
No matter what happens, you’re going to have a
marvelous time.
Wherever you look, you can see part of our cultural
concession concession
concession
Grammar (2) -2. Answering Finish the exercises on Activity1,page 77. Answers: Bring an umbrella because it may rains later. If you take a raincoat, you’ll be OK. It’s a fact that it’s the middle of July, but surprisingly,
you should still take warm waterproof clothing with
you. If you get wet, surprisingly, you’ll still have a day to
remember. Anything may happens, but you’ll still have a
marvelous time. You can look anywhere and you can see part of our
cultural heritage. Grammar (2) -3. Exercise Finish the exercises on Activity2,page 77. Answers: Even though Even if No matter As long as In case Homework
1.Write a short introduction of the local places of interest.
2. Preview the grammar (1).
Period 3 Module 6 The World’s Cultural Heritage
Grammar (1) Grammar(1)-1 Observation What is unusual about the verbs?  They have recommended that the site be closed and
repaired. We have requested that the government get involved. A professor at the Academy has proposed that a fund be established to raise money. They have suggested that the general public be encourage to help with the problem. My colleagues and I
insist that something be done about it immediately.
should should should should should * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 作业项目一定要。可让学生单独做的作业,也可以是一个project,几个人一起做的,只要设计就行。 可多往探究性题目想。不要细到课本上的练习。 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Copyright &
All rights reserved.
京ICP备号-1

我要回帖

更多关于 外研版选修8课文翻译 的文章

随机推荐