Full Audio
Title: Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 22 Apr, 2016
Buy Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection
Recent updates
We are going live in a few hours.
Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection will cost only $9.99 with 15% off at launch.
This war is yours!
“New pretender to the World War 2 throne makes good.”
4/5 –
“A must have for tactical warfare lovers.”
9/10 –
“If you are into strategy games then check out Strategy & Tactics: WW II right now.”
4/5 –
About This Game
Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection is a set of three historical turn-based strategies, in which you are going to take command of the armies in the greatest Medieval wars as well as take control of countries and nations during World War II. Become a general of one of the most important WW II battles! Take command of the German, Soviet or Allied army and lead them to victory in three challenging story-based campaigns.
Single player scenario-based battles will satisfy those who love huge maps taking several hours to complete as well as quick skirmish lovers.
three campaigns for the Axis, the USSR, and the Allies
dozens of Skirmish mode maps and 7 historical scenario-based maps
lots of maps for Hotseat multiplayer mode You will send the armies of England, France, and Crusader forces in three campaigns, trying to defeat your enemies in the major European wars and battles in the IX-XV centuries. With the scenario-based maps you will take part in battles for the Rus', stop the Saracens under the banners of Charles the Great and spark the Hussite uprising.
Three historical campaigns
4 separate historical scenarios
Several Skirmish maps
Hotseat multiplayer mode
21 types of troops
Turn-based battles, economic and military development
Win the victory in World War II for one of the 28 countries at your choice.
You can keep the political alliances that existed in reality and, for instance, lead the USSR and crush Germany together with the Western allies, or you can disable the alliances and celebrate your victory on the ruins of London.
The generator of random events, such as guerilla movements, landing operations, voluntary recalls, etc., will add to the replaying possibilities of each game, making it your own unique part of history.
Map of Europe with over 500 regions
39 countries available for playing
infantry, air forces, artillery, armor and navy — it is up to you as to what to bring the enemies to their knees with
choose what to spend the resources of the captured areas on: grow your army or further develop science
System Requirements
Minimum:
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Storage: 500 MB available space
(с) 2016, HeroCraft
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Mostly Positive
(41 reviews)
Geile Spiele kann man nur empfelen vorallem wenn die schlachtfelder noch gr?ser werden
Three games in one... YES please, three good games in one... YOU rock, Strategy and Tactics isn't just a single amazing Strategy game it's three of them.
WOW, you can't top that value three top notch super fun strategy games for a low price... Where do I sign up???
You already know the answer it's this games store page.
The three games are similar to each other with slight differences, the differences aren't anything major, mainly just the games setting, two of the games are set in World war two, while the third game takes it back old school to the days of Knights and kings..
Great stuff. Strategy and Tactics World War 2, allows you to play as one of three super powers from the second world war, the Axis, The allies, and the USSR.
The game has loads of skirmish mode maps, and 7 historical scenario based maps.
The game also has a multiplayer mode which I admittedly didn't play, although the single player game was enough to keep me learning and burning..
Lots of fun to play, dominate your enemies and bring them to their knees.
Strategy and Tactics WW 2 Sandbox is almost the same as the non sandbox game, with the difference being it's more open and accessible, you can pick one of 39 countries to pick from, a great mode to kick back and let your old school strategy game playing flag fly.
destroy the world through force or through.... FORCE, bend all he countries to your own personal will..
Are you going to go all out crazy and outlaw crazy mustaches, or maybe you'll ban men from wearing Skirts.. (that won't go over too well in Scotland)
Whatever you choose, this is your option if you want a more open experience that is far more open ended.Strategy and Tactics Medieval ....
I'm sure you heard the expression, I'm about to go Medieval up in this piece... well this game is just that.
Go back to a point in time when king's sat on their iron thrones, knights patrolled the country sides in search of maidens to rescue and King Arthur pulled the magical sword from the stone..
(Ok I lied about the King Arthur part... I'm a bad boy)
What Medieval does have is 3 historical campaigns, 4 historical scenarios, more skirmish maps than you can shake a stick at.
Three games in one, pick your poison and get ready to rumble because in this game you'll be rumbling and bumbling for sure. Pro's 3 games in 1 neat packageAwesome tutorials, let you know just how to crush you enemiesFun gameplay AI that doesn't suck Con'sYou get 3 games, but they all have very similar gameplaySlightly repetitive game playpretty bad User Interface Could have used a bit more complexity in non combat aspects RecommendationWell Strategy and Tactics won't be the game of the year, what it will do is offer you a chance to play a fun historical strategy game that has just the right difficulty to allow the gamer to feel like the boss, but keeping you on your toes at the same time.
I absolutely found the game to be thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the purchase point.
The few negatives the game has are overshadowed by the positives, and really leave the gamer enthralled by a visceral experience that can keep you entertained for hours on end.
Strategy fans should buy this immediately, it's a quality title, with decent Ai, and fast paced game-play.
Game is broken right out of the box,
Screen goes black after splash screen..
*Plays as Germany in sandbox mode with alliances enabled and 150 territory conquest victory**Game starts, invade Poland and Austria, Hungary invades Czech, Axis victory**A couple turns later, invades France and Scandinavia**France and Norway defeated, prepares invasion of Great Britain**Stalemate with Brits for many, many turns**Gets bored, invades Soviet Union with Romania**Several turns later, Soviets destroy my entire eastern army and Romania defeated**Italy loses North Africa and USA invades Sicily**Next turn, Brits attack Normandy with hundreds of troops, my western army defeated**French partisan revolts and British paradrops everywhere**Couple of turns later, Italy defeated, Hungary defeated, Soviets and Brits have reached border of Germany**Allies obliterate the rest of my troops and take Berlin**I have been defeated*10/10 would lose World War II again
Yet another example of trash on steam, i had hopes that this was Risk with alittle bit of depth, its neither- Its a mobile port- Tutorial that fails on the most basic level- No sound sliders- Unit resolutions are horrible- Feels more like a puzzle than a wargame, you have to attack in an exact order to accomplish bonus goals- No diplomacy (Devs have said they will add this, i don't see how it can save this game tho)This has no place on steam, and should have remained a mobile game
A really fun, casual strategy game that's worth picking up. Everything's nice from animations to sound effects, and its also great how far you could go with the simplicity of the game.You'll find yourself pulling off classic strategic maneuvers with armies and it's really rewarding when they work.A properly placed attack can encircle an army and wipe it out. However, there are some cons about the game design itself. The UI is very annoying to use, the click-click option for moving armies is really a pain to use. I suggest they'd exclusivley use a click-and-drag instead so nothing gets mixed up in your commands.Don't pick this up expecting anything realistic, the game is obviously designed to be a fun experience irrelevent of historical accuracy. As a fan of WWII history and strategy, I still enjoyed this game for what it is.Thumbs up for the developers and I hope we see some updates soon.P.S. Check my it's very helpful for newcomers/casual strategy players.
The game itself isn't bad, it's everything that makes the game thats bad. In this game you can pick from a WW2 style or medival style board game type. I played the WW2 sandbox and you would think that would be awsome. But there is no telling what is going on. In the game I played recently I was Spain. I thought I would have a little bit of diplomacy, nothing major but something like &Start a war& or &Peace& but no, The game chooses your side. If you are Spain you are Axis, flanked by the French, the Americans and Protugal (Sorry for the misspelling) and whats worse is that there is no way around this. THere is no &I want peace& button. You are at war against everyone thats an ally. This makes it terribly confusing because before that happened, I thought I was my own country, not on a set team. Whats the money? Supply. Each turn and depending on how many cities you have, you get Supply. This is used to purchase troops and develop research. Not bad, fairly simplistic but not bad. Except when you factor in that all the stuff that is worth anything at all is 100+ supply. When you purchase a unit, depending on how expensive it is, they have a strength number. If it is at a twelve, it is a full army. There is also a health system in the game where if you lose all your health, the units die. There is naval and air but those are the same things unless bombing with aircraft or ships which is by a slider. Thats it. The game's idea isn't bad at all. I like Risk and I love board games. But this game does it all wrong with AI that I swear cheats because as Spain, I was spending money trying to scrounge up troops while the US has armies of 12 all over the place as well as the French did as well at least five turns in. The game also doesn't teach you everything in the game. I had a difficult time figuring out what goes with what. I say, stay away.
First impressions are &when exactly did Norway have more troops then the Red Army in 1944?&.
Either this is intended to play like an Advanced Wars like puzzle game where there is only one way to figure out the given scenarios puzzle and win, or simply needs badly re-balanced.
Either way not much of a wargame sim.
A bang for the buck for turn-based, strategy fans as this collection features three games in one buy! Game OverviewStrategy & Tactics - Wargame Collection is a package of three turn-based strategic games namely &Strategy & Tactics: World War II&, &Strategy & Tactics: World War II Sandbox&, and &Strategy & Tactics: Medieval Wars&.In Strategy & Tactics: World War II, you can play as one of the three forces prominent during the World War II which are the &Axis Powers&, the &Soviet Union& (USSR), and the &Allied Forces& in each of their respective campaigns.The skirmish mode features tons of maps for you to choose as well as seven (7) scenario-based maps. It also has a hot-seat mode available for you to play 1v1 with either an AI opponent or with your friend.The gameplay in Strategy & Tactics: World War II - Sandbox is quite similar with &Strategy & Tactics: World War II&, however it showcases a rather single-player style skirmish with AI. In this one, you can pick on the main objective for you to priotize in order to win the game, which of the 39 countries you are going to play as, and the alliance settings for the session.Medieval Wars: Strategy & Tactics also borrows the game mechanics from the first two games in the pack, but is executed with a different period as it is set on the medieval ages. Campaign mode has three (3) armies for you to play as which are the &English Armies& (England), the &French Troops& (France), and the &Crusader Forces&. It also has skirmish, hotseat and scenario mode that is similar of the first two games.All in all, the games seems to focus on a more combat-oriented strategy rather than a combined gameplay with diplomatic aspects.The Pros
Detailed Tutorial - Having a detailed tutorial is a pretty important aspect especially when it comes to strategic games, may it be new players of the genre or the seasoned ones. Every game of the genre has something that is differently executed than the others, and learning the ropes easily depends on this.
Atmospheric Soundtracks - The soundtracks made for this game really gets the feel and presence of going into a war, which adds to a wholesome game experience and more importantly, the tracks aren't the annoying type that makes you mute them after hearing it repeatedly.
Great Value - Presenting a price of three (3) games for one is a very enticing offer, and even more if the games deliver to what they offer as advertised. Seeing through the game, it seems that there are more contents to come and it'll definitely be a plus for the game. The Cons
Similar Gameplay - Though there might be differences in terms of period setting and some gameplay mechanics that differentiates each of the three, there isn't really anything that makes them standout from one or the other as a whole.
Crude Interface - A thing that really bothers me in every game is when it doesn't have a clean interface to deliver. The font style used for each of the game are somewhat hard to read and is confusing to the eye at the very least. The VerdictIn terms of overall features, this game goes about what a standard strategic game offers. However, it is good to note that it'll be still updated with more content in the near future and is atleast worth the try to get.If you like to see more recommended games that is worth the value you are paying, please visit my other , or follow our curator group at .
Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection is a collection of three turn based combat war games including two campaigns and a massive sandbox mode.Looking at the screenshots Strategy & Tactics looked a little complicated at first and I wasn't sure if it was something I'd love but I gave it a try and I have no regrets. The game is actually easy to learn and the tutorial is very in depth and talks you through everything as you play so you can properly understand what you need to know.There are three separate parts to Strategy & Tactics: World War II, World War II Sandbox and Medieval Wars. World War II has a campaign mode where you battle your way across Europe via multiple missions. Additionally you can play multiplayer skirmishes against the computer or hotseat with a friend with rules which you set yourself. There are also various scenarios for you to try, each with different objectives, map sizes and bots so there is plenty of variation. World War II sandbox mode seems to be the same as World War II skirmishes but on a much grander scale. The whole world participates in one large battle where you can choose your country and whether or not you want to play with alliances. You can then set your objective and start playing. I've actually found this mode to be very intense and exciting rather than the smaller scale battles. In the Medieval Wars you'll take part in the Excalibur campaign where you defend, defeat, and reconquer you way through The War of The Roses. The gameplay is almost identical to World War 2 with the exception of names on areas of the map being different, having different units, different music and a nicer looking in- game interface (though this is just my preference).In the campaign modes you'll start with a tutorial which will explain all about units and movements, attacking and supporting, defending, unit health and objectives. I've not found anything important whilst playing that wasn't explained. Once completing the tutorial you'll be faced with your first mission. Each mission has objectives, optional objectives, defeat conditions and the how many turns you can take to get the gold or silver medals for the said mission. You must use your units to secure victory by conquering key points on the map or clearing out enemy soldiers. Some missions have different ways to win and some have just one. Strategy & Tactics is a very combat based game. There is little to no diplomacy in the game and it centres around military victory. You'll start with some units, which vary from ground soldiers, to air support to boats and armoured cars (WWII), and a small amount of territory. Some pieces of territory grant resources whilst you own them and those resources are used to call in reinforcements. These reinforcements can be chosen and dropped at any of the key locations you hold and are very pivotal to winning a game. Though there aren't masses of unit types, what you have gets the job done and stops it from being overcomplicated. As you play through missions you'll earn 'Research points' which can be spent upgrading either your military or science research which in turn will improve things like your soldiers strength or health adding some nice progression and an added incentive to complete the missions within the allotted turns. The sandbox mode is a lot more intense choosing to focus on large battle. This time instead of playing on small areas of the map the whole map is opened and every country is involved and starts with multiple units and a section of owned territory. You can choose to have alliances turned on for everyone, off for everyone or off for just the player so you can experience battle three different ways. You can also select one of many different end objectives which vary depending on which country you so it doesn't feel repetitive. There are tons and tons of different scenarios you can set up for yourself by combining these different variables. I would recommend playing some of the campaign modes first so you aren't completely overwhelmed but there is still a tutorial here for those who want to dive right in. The graphics and music themselves are very reminiscent of older games and although this doesn't bother me some people might be looking for something a little more refined. The in-game interface is nicer in the Medieval Wars game mode in my opinion at it just looks a little more modern but there isn't much difference. I should also mention though having a good amount of campaign/scenarios the developers are planning to add more so the current content will actually increase.Things that could have been improved are: I think there needs to be a button to move to you unit that still have moves. This isn't an issue early on but as you play more and more and the maps get larger you have to do a lot of looking around to make sure you haven't missed something. It is most prominent in the Sandbox mode where there is a lot going on at once. It'd also be nice for difficulty settings as right now the bots just have one difficulty and it can get pretty challenging, especially if you've not played something like this before. I think steam achievements would be a great addition to the game as there are many different scenarios and campaigns to choose from, it'd be nice to be able to track your progress like that. Lastly I can find no way to move into allied territory in sandbox mode. It may be me doing something wrong but I tried everything. I was playing as Great Britain and ended up trapped on the island because France was an ally and I couldn't move into anywhere they owned. Overall I think Strategy & Tactics is an awesome combat TBS with plenty of content and very fun gameplay. I've already sunk 3 hours into the sandbox part alone. $10 is a great price for what you get and I think any casual turn based strategy fan should grab it, especially on sale.
really bad graphics and musics and interface......
First (after) words: this is NOT a game of diplomacy. I don't know if they plan to update and add it, but there's little to no diplomacy whatsoever. The AI does diplomacy sometimes (Finland announces it has joined the Communist Bloc! O_o), but you can't. If you play Sandbox with the pre-set alliance disabled (neutral, Allied, Axis), everyone fights everyone. It's still really fun, but I thought I would warn you. This is a combat game, not a diplomacy game!There isn't any other reviews yet, as far as I can see, so I thought I'd write a super-quick 10 minutes first impression on launch, so you might be spared the hassle to refund if you don't like it.F graphics and sound is very dated. The game does not look pretty in the least. There also is no sound slider, but with the rather sad quality of the audio you might as well mute it.Now for gameplay. I haven't played enough to find the real depth or tactics yet, of course, but I can say that altough the UI is a bit clunky, the game works well. It seems to be the straightforward WW2 sandbox game I've always wanted. Hearts of Iron is too complex and slow for me, while Risk has too much luck. This is a middlepoint between the two extremes, more towards RISK but without any stupid dice.Would I recommend it as of now? Yes, yes I would. It's clunky, and looks bad, but you probably already saw that from the pictures. There's a specific type of gamer that would enjoy this, and if you are already looking at the reviews, you probably are that person. ((45 Minutes later edit)) - the AI is pleasingly competent, and I feel there's more than enough depth and content already to justify the price. If you are looking for a milsim game, this is not it. If you want to play Risk with no luck against AI that's surprisingly skilled, this is it.
Three games in one... YES please, three good games in one... YOU rock, Strategy and Tactics isn't just a single amazing Strategy game it's three of them.
WOW, you can't top that value three top notch super fun strategy games for a low price... Where do I sign up???
You already know the answer it's this games store page.
The three games are similar to each other with slight differences, the differences aren't anything major, mainly just the games setting, two of the games are set in World war two, while the third game takes it back old school to the days of Knights and kings..
Great stuff. Strategy and Tactics World War 2, allows you to play as one of three super powers from the second world war, the Axis, The allies, and the USSR.
The game has loads of skirmish mode maps, and 7 historical scenario based maps.
The game also has a multiplayer mode which I admittedly didn't play, although the single player game was enough to keep me learning and burning..
Lots of fun to play, dominate your enemies and bring them to their knees.
Strategy and Tactics WW 2 Sandbox is almost the same as the non sandbox game, with the difference being it's more open and accessible, you can pick one of 39 countries to pick from, a great mode to kick back and let your old school strategy game playing flag fly.
destroy the world through force or through.... FORCE, bend all he countries to your own personal will..
Are you going to go all out crazy and outlaw crazy mustaches, or maybe you'll ban men from wearing Skirts.. (that won't go over too well in Scotland)
Whatever you choose, this is your option if you want a more open experience that is far more open ended.Strategy and Tactics Medieval ....
I'm sure you heard the expression, I'm about to go Medieval up in this piece... well this game is just that.
Go back to a point in time when king's sat on their iron thrones, knights patrolled the country sides in search of maidens to rescue and King Arthur pulled the magical sword from the stone..
(Ok I lied about the King Arthur part... I'm a bad boy)
What Medieval does have is 3 historical campaigns, 4 historical scenarios, more skirmish maps than you can shake a stick at.
Three games in one, pick your poison and get ready to rumble because in this game you'll be rumbling and bumbling for sure. Pro's 3 games in 1 neat packageAwesome tutorials, let you know just how to crush you enemiesFun gameplay AI that doesn't suck Con'sYou get 3 games, but they all have very similar gameplaySlightly repetitive game playpretty bad User Interface Could have used a bit more complexity in non combat aspects RecommendationWell Strategy and Tactics won't be the game of the year, what it will do is offer you a chance to play a fun historical strategy game that has just the right difficulty to allow the gamer to feel like the boss, but keeping you on your toes at the same time.
I absolutely found the game to be thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the purchase point.
The few negatives the game has are overshadowed by the positives, and really leave the gamer enthralled by a visceral experience that can keep you entertained for hours on end.
Strategy fans should buy this immediately, it's a quality title, with decent Ai, and fast paced game-play.
Was this review helpful?
Geile Spiele kann man nur empfelen vorallem wenn die schlachtfelder noch gr?ser werden
Was this review helpful?
5 people found this review funny
First (after) words: this is NOT a game of diplomacy. I don't know if they plan to update and add it, but there's little to no diplomacy whatsoever. The AI does diplomacy sometimes (Finland announces it has joined the Communist Bloc! O_o), but you can't. If you play Sandbox with the pre-set alliance disabled (neutral, Allied, Axis), everyone fights everyone. It's still really fun, but I thought I would warn you. This is a combat game, not a diplomacy game!There isn't any other reviews yet, as far as I can see, so I thought I'd write a super-quick 10 minutes first impression on launch, so you might be spared the hassle to refund if you don't like it.F graphics and sound is very dated. The game does not look pretty in the least. There also is no sound slider, but with the rather sad quality of the audio you might as well mute it.Now for gameplay. I haven't played enough to find the real depth or tactics yet, of course, but I can say that altough the UI is a bit clunky, the game works well. It seems to be the straightforward WW2 sandbox game I've always wanted. Hearts of Iron is too complex and slow for me, while Risk has too much luck. This is a middlepoint between the two extremes, more towards RISK but without any stupid dice.Would I recommend it as of now? Yes, yes I would. It's clunky, and looks bad, but you probably already saw that from the pictures. There's a specific type of gamer that would enjoy this, and if you are already looking at the reviews, you probably are that person. ((45 Minutes later edit)) - the AI is pleasingly competent, and I feel there's more than enough depth and content already to justify the price. If you are looking for a milsim game, this is not it. If you want to play Risk with no luck against AI that's surprisingly skilled, this is it.
Was this review helpful?
5 people found this review funny
Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection is a collection of three turn based combat war games including two campaigns and a massive sandbox mode.Looking at the screenshots Strategy & Tactics looked a little complicated at first and I wasn't sure if it was something I'd love but I gave it a try and I have no regrets. The game is actually easy to learn and the tutorial is very in depth and talks you through everything as you play so you can properly understand what you need to know.There are three separate parts to Strategy & Tactics: World War II, World War II Sandbox and Medieval Wars. World War II has a campaign mode where you battle your way across Europe via multiple missions. Additionally you can play multiplayer skirmishes against the computer or hotseat with a friend with rules which you set yourself. There are also various scenarios for you to try, each with different objectives, map sizes and bots so there is plenty of variation. World War II sandbox mode seems to be the same as World War II skirmishes but on a much grander scale. The whole world participates in one large battle where you can choose your country and whether or not you want to play with alliances. You can then set your objective and start playing. I've actually found this mode to be very intense and exciting rather than the smaller scale battles. In the Medieval Wars you'll take part in the Excalibur campaign where you defend, defeat, and reconquer you way through The War of The Roses. The gameplay is almost identical to World War 2 with the exception of names on areas of the map being different, having different units, different music and a nicer looking in- game interface (though this is just my preference).In the campaign modes you'll start with a tutorial which will explain all about units and movements, attacking and supporting, defending, unit health and objectives. I've not found anything important whilst playing that wasn't explained. Once completing the tutorial you'll be faced with your first mission. Each mission has objectives, optional objectives, defeat conditions and the how many turns you can take to get the gold or silver medals for the said mission. You must use your units to secure victory by conquering key points on the map or clearing out enemy soldiers. Some missions have different ways to win and some have just one. Strategy & Tactics is a very combat based game. There is little to no diplomacy in the game and it centres around military victory. You'll start with some units, which vary from ground soldiers, to air support to boats and armoured cars (WWII), and a small amount of territory. Some pieces of territory grant resources whilst you own them and those resources are used to call in reinforcements. These reinforcements can be chosen and dropped at any of the key locations you hold and are very pivotal to winning a game. Though there aren't masses of unit types, what you have gets the job done and stops it from being overcomplicated. As you play through missions you'll earn 'Research points' which can be spent upgrading either your military or science research which in turn will improve things like your soldiers strength or health adding some nice progression and an added incentive to complete the missions within the allotted turns. The sandbox mode is a lot more intense choosing to focus on large battle. This time instead of playing on small areas of the map the whole map is opened and every country is involved and starts with multiple units and a section of owned territory. You can choose to have alliances turned on for everyone, off for everyone or off for just the player so you can experience battle three different ways. You can also select one of many different end objectives which vary depending on which country you so it doesn't feel repetitive. There are tons and tons of different scenarios you can set up for yourself by combining these different variables. I would recommend playing some of the campaign modes first so you aren't completely overwhelmed but there is still a tutorial here for those who want to dive right in. The graphics and music themselves are very reminiscent of older games and although this doesn't bother me some people might be looking for something a little more refined. The in-game interface is nicer in the Medieval Wars game mode in my opinion at it just looks a little more modern but there isn't much difference. I should also mention though having a good amount of campaign/scenarios the developers are planning to add more so the current content will actually increase.Things that could have been improved are: I think there needs to be a button to move to you unit that still have moves. This isn't an issue early on but as you play more and more and the maps get larger you have to do a lot of looking around to make sure you haven't missed something. It is most prominent in the Sandbox mode where there is a lot going on at once. It'd also be nice for difficulty settings as right now the bots just have one difficulty and it can get pretty challenging, especially if you've not played something like this before. I think steam achievements would be a great addition to the game as there are many different scenarios and campaigns to choose from, it'd be nice to be able to track your progress like that. Lastly I can find no way to move into allied territory in sandbox mode. It may be me doing something wrong but I tried everything. I was playing as Great Britain and ended up trapped on the island because France was an ally and I couldn't move into anywhere they owned. Overall I think Strategy & Tactics is an awesome combat TBS with plenty of content and very fun gameplay. I've already sunk 3 hours into the sandbox part alone. $10 is a great price for what you get and I think any casual turn based strategy fan should grab it, especially on sale.
Was this review helpful?
A bang for the buck for turn-based, strategy fans as this collection features three games in one buy! Game OverviewStrategy & Tactics - Wargame Collection is a package of three turn-based strategic games namely &Strategy & Tactics: World War II&, &Strategy & Tactics: World War II Sandbox&, and &Strategy & Tactics: Medieval Wars&.In Strategy & Tactics: World War II, you can play as one of the three forces prominent during the World War II which are the &Axis Powers&, the &Soviet Union& (USSR), and the &Allied Forces& in each of their respective campaigns.The skirmish mode features tons of maps for you to choose as well as seven (7) scenario-based maps. It also has a hot-seat mode available for you to play 1v1 with either an AI opponent or with your friend.The gameplay in Strategy & Tactics: World War II - Sandbox is quite similar with &Strategy & Tactics: World War II&, however it showcases a rather single-player style skirmish with AI. In this one, you can pick on the main objective for you to priotize in order to win the game, which of the 39 countries you are going to play as, and the alliance settings for the session.Medieval Wars: Strategy & Tactics also borrows the game mechanics from the first two games in the pack, but is executed with a different period as it is set on the medieval ages. Campaign mode has three (3) armies for you to play as which are the &English Armies& (England), the &French Troops& (France), and the &Crusader Forces&. It also has skirmish, hotseat and scenario mode that is similar of the first two games.All in all, the games seems to focus on a more combat-oriented strategy rather than a combined gameplay with diplomatic aspects.The Pros
Detailed Tutorial - Having a detailed tutorial is a pretty important aspect especially when it comes to strategic games, may it be new players of the genre or the seasoned ones. Every game of the genre has something that is differently executed than the others, and learning the ropes easily depends on this.
Atmospheric Soundtracks - The soundtracks made for this game really gets the feel and presence of going into a war, which adds to a wholesome game experience and more importantly, the tracks aren't the annoying type that makes you mute them after hearing it repeatedly.
Great Value - Presenting a price of three (3) games for one is a very enticing offer, and even more if the games deliver to what they offer as advertised. Seeing through the game, it seems that there are more contents to come and it'll definitely be a plus for the game. The Cons
Similar Gameplay - Though there might be differences in terms of period setting and some gameplay mechanics that differentiates each of the three, there isn't really anything that makes them standout from one or the other as a whole.
Crude Interface - A thing that really bothers me in every game is when it doesn't have a clean interface to deliver. The font style used for each of the game are somewhat hard to read and is confusing to the eye at the very least. The VerdictIn terms of overall features, this game goes about what a standard strategic game offers. However, it is good to note that it'll be still updated with more content in the near future and is atleast worth the try to get.If you like to see more recommended games that is worth the value you are paying, please visit my other , or follow our curator group at .
Was this review helpful?
40 people found this review funny
*Plays as Germany in sandbox mode with alliances enabled and 150 territory conquest victory**Game starts, invade Poland and Austria, Hungary invades Czech, Axis victory**A couple turns later, invades France and Scandinavia**France and Norway defeated, prepares invasion of Great Britain**Stalemate with Brits for many, many turns**Gets bored, invades Soviet Union with Romania**Several turns later, Soviets destroy my entire eastern army and Romania defeated**Italy loses North Africa and USA invades Sicily**Next turn, Brits attack Normandy with hundreds of troops, my western army defeated**French partisan revolts and British paradrops everywhere**Couple of turns later, Italy defeated, Hungary defeated, Soviets and Brits have reached border of Germany**Allies obliterate the rest of my troops and take Berlin**I have been defeated*10/10 would lose World War II again
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
A really fun, casual strategy game that's worth picking up. Everything's nice from animations to sound effects, and its also great how far you could go with the simplicity of the game.You'll find yourself pulling off classic strategic maneuvers with armies and it's really rewarding when they work.A properly placed attack can encircle an army and wipe it out. However, there are some cons about the game design itself. The UI is very annoying to use, the click-click option for moving armies is really a pain to use. I suggest they'd exclusivley use a click-and-drag instead so nothing gets mixed up in your commands.Don't pick this up expecting anything realistic, the game is obviously designed to be a fun experience irrelevent of historical accuracy. As a fan of WWII history and strategy, I still enjoyed this game for what it is.Thumbs up for the developers and I hope we see some updates soon.P.S. Check my it's very helpful for newcomers/casual strategy players.
Was this review helpful?
Yet another example of trash on steam, i had hopes that this was Risk with alittle bit of depth, its neither- Its a mobile port- Tutorial that fails on the most basic level- No sound sliders- Unit resolutions are horrible- Feels more like a puzzle than a wargame, you have to attack in an exact order to accomplish bonus goals- No diplomacy (Devs have said they will add this, i don't see how it can save this game tho)This has no place on steam, and should have remained a mobile game
Was this review helpful?
First impressions are &when exactly did Norway have more troops then the Red Army in 1944?&.
Either this is intended to play like an Advanced Wars like puzzle game where there is only one way to figure out the given scenarios puzzle and win, or simply needs badly re-balanced.
Either way not much of a wargame sim.
Was this review helpful?
The game itself isn't bad, it's everything that makes the game thats bad. In this game you can pick from a WW2 style or medival style board game type. I played the WW2 sandbox and you would think that would be awsome. But there is no telling what is going on. In the game I played recently I was Spain. I thought I would have a little bit of diplomacy, nothing major but something like &Start a war& or &Peace& but no, The game chooses your side. If you are Spain you are Axis, flanked by the French, the Americans and Protugal (Sorry for the misspelling) and whats worse is that there is no way around this. THere is no &I want peace& button. You are at war against everyone thats an ally. This makes it terribly confusing because before that happened, I thought I was my own country, not on a set team. Whats the money? Supply. Each turn and depending on how many cities you have, you get Supply. This is used to purchase troops and develop research. Not bad, fairly simplistic but not bad. Except when you factor in that all the stuff that is worth anything at all is 100+ supply. When you purchase a unit, depending on how expensive it is, they have a strength number. If it is at a twelve, it is a full army. There is also a health system in the game where if you lose all your health, the units die. There is naval and air but those are the same things unless bombing with aircraft or ships which is by a slider. Thats it. The game's idea isn't bad at all. I like Risk and I love board games. But this game does it all wrong with AI that I swear cheats because as Spain, I was spending money trying to scrounge up troops while the US has armies of 12 all over the place as well as the French did as well at least five turns in. The game also doesn't teach you everything in the game. I had a difficult time figuring out what goes with what. I say, stay away.
Was this review helpful?
Game is broken right out of the box,
Screen goes black after splash screen..
Was this review helpful?
15 people found this review funny
really bad graphics and musics and interface......
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 strategy是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐