the mood suddenly fell into the freezing frozenpoint,just because of your sentence casually,什么意思

Suddenly the ice broke into pieces and the boy f_ into the cold water.根据首字母填空
春哥0iFVz4
Suddenly the ice broke into pieces and the boy fell into the cold water.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码The freezing point is the temperature water changes into ice. A.atwhich B.when C.inwhich D.ofwhich 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
The&freezing&point&is&the&temperature&__________&water&changes&into&ice.A.atwhich&&&&&&&&&& B.when&&&&&&&&&&&& C.inwhich&&&&&&&&&& D.ofwhich&
【答案】A【解析】试题分析:考查定语从句中的介词的选择。本题中的先行词是名词&temperature,该词与介词at连用,表示“在…度的时候”;句意:冰点就是在那一个温度上水变成冰。故A正确。考点:考查定语从句中介词的选择点评:本题是把定语从句中的介词提前到关系词的前面,定语从句的关系词前面的介词有三种来源:先行词的固定搭配,定语从句中的固定搭配,以及根据句子的意思选择的介词。&
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
单词拼写(共10小题, 每小题1分, 满分10分) 81. There are many wild animals in the forests and on the freezing, ice-covered lands in the north, and fish are a______ in the seas and rivers.&
82. The government issued a statement c______ the bombing which killed hundreds of innocent citizens.
83. Please tell me how to d______ a poisonous snake from a harmless snake.
84. He made a lot of scientific discoveries that he shared with the world, p ______ in the field of astronomy.
85. There is a t______ in the plot when a very generous stranger gives Pip a lot of money.
86. The Louvre Museum has more than 6,000 other European paintings, ______ (从……到……) from the 13th century to the 19th century.
87. One reason for this is that most ______ (传统) film festivals show films from a variety of countries.
88. Our guests today are _______ (代表) from six of the major international film festivals.
89. The sad thing is that although Van Gogh ______ (奉献) his whole self to painting, he only sold one painting
before he died.
90. ______ (相反) to my expectation, present at the party were a group of young people who called themselves
pioneers of modern art.
来源:2010年福建省三明市普通高中毕业班质量检查(英语)
题型:阅读理解
The first thing my host father “warmed” me was that almost everyone in America was a big hugger. I didn’t understand what he meant until my first party. Whether they were friends or strangers, teenagers or elders, girls or guys, everyone I met gave me a big hug. However, as time went on, I began to understand America’s hugging culture. When a friend broke up with me, I was sad. When I told my best American friend about it, she said nothing but put her arms around me. Then warmth of the hug was a greater comfort than anything she could have said to me. One winter day I was walking along the street, shivering(颤抖). It was then I saw two women, each holding a paper board, on which there were two words:FREE HUGS. Their were red because of the freezing weather and they were jumping up and down to keep themselves warm. “Hi, girl! Do you want a hug?” One of them asked me. I went up and opened my arms. The hug was short but warm and it took some of the coldness of the day away. After that I became a big hugger myself. One time my host father and I were traveling to another town. When we reached a restaurant where my friend Cindy worked, he stopped the car.“What’ wrong?” I asked.” “Alice, why don’t you go inside and give Cindy a hug?” He suggested. I went into the restaurant, ran straight up to Cindy, and gave her a hug before she realized what was going on. “That was a big surprise! And you got my day sweetie! ” She told me later. A hug is a way to communicate love and care. Do you want a hug? My arms are wide open. 56.The point of the first three paragraphs is to explain&&&&& .A.how body language is more important than actual wordsB.why hugging is so important in American cultureC.how expressing, feelings can be difficult for ChineseD.how the author’s attitude toward hugging culture changed57.We can infer from the passage that the host father&&&&& .A.seldom has has time to spend with the authorB.often shares his experience with the authorC.warns the author of the possible dangerD.teachers the author to show her care for her friends58.According the passage, a hug can make us feelA.comforted, loved and cared for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.happy, understood and amazed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.excited, wise and surprised &&& D.cared for, wise and happy
来源:学年江西赣州市十一县(市)高二上学期期中联考英语试卷(带解析)
What doomed the Titanic is well known, at least in outline. On a moonless night of April 15, 1912, the ship hit an iceberg in the North Atlantic ,with 1,500 lives lost.A century later many people presented new theories to explain the real reason for the disaster. Now two new studies argue that rare states of nature played major roles in the disaster. The first says Earth’s nearness to the Moon and the Sun — a proximity not matched in more than 1,000 years — resulted in record tides that help explain why the Titanic met with so much ice, including the fatal iceberg. Recently, a team of researchers found an apparent explanation in the heavens. They discovered that Earth had come unusually close to the Sun and Moon that winter, enhancing their gravitational pulls on the ocean and producing record tides. The rare orbits took place between December 1911 and February 1912 — about two months before the disaster came about. The researchers suggest that the high tides refloated masses of icebergs traditionally stuck along the coastlines of Labrador and Newfoundland and sent them adrift into the North Atlantic shipping lanes. And a second, put forward by a Titanic historian from Britain, contends that the icy waters created ideal conditions for an unusual type of mirage(海市蜃楼) that hid icebergs from lookouts whose duty was to watch carefully for& danger ahead and confused a nearby ship as to the liner’s identity, delaying rescue efforts for hours. Most people know mirages as natural phenomena caused when hot air near the Earth’s surface bends light rays upward. In a desert, the effect prompts lost travelers to mistake patches of blue sky for pools of water. But another kind of mirage occurs when cold air bends light rays downward. In that case, observers can see objects and settings far over the horizon. The images often undergo quick distortions — not unlike the wavy reflections in a funhouse mirror. Now, scholars of the Titanic are debating these new theories. Some have different opinions on it. Over all, though, many experts are applauding the fresh perspectives.& (words:353)【小题1】The underlined word "It" in the title probably refers to _______.A.the TitanicB.the record tideC.the cause of the disasterD.an unusual mirage【小题2】According to Theory First, what was the right chain of causes leading to the Titanic’s disaster?① record tides’ forming and icebergs’ being refloated② icebergs’ being drifted into the North Atlantic shipping lanes ③the Earth’s strange closing to the Sun and the Moon ④increasing of the gravitational force on the oceanA.①→②→③→④B.③→④→①→②C.④→③→②→①D.②→③→④→①【小题3】According to Theory Second, the disaster happened to the Titanic mainly because______.A.the freezing weather made the watcher not be able to watch clear B.the mirage on the sea attracted the watcher and made him forget his workC.the high tides drove the icebergs float so fast that the watcher didn’t respond to them D.the mirage made the watcher not find icebergs and a nearby ship delay rescuing【小题4】What is the chief function of the sixth paragraph?A.to infer the possibility of the mirage appearing B.to explain to the readers the ways of the mirage formingC.to summarize the various kinds of the mirageD.to analyze the conditions of the mirage arising【小题5】This passage is organized generally in the pattern of________.A.comparison and contrastB.time and eventsC.conclusion and proofD.definition and classification(分类))
来源:学年江西省高二第二次月考英语试卷(解析版)
The Iceberg Was Only Part ofItWhat doomed the Titanic is well known, atleast in outline. On a moonless night of April 15, 1912, the ship hit aniceberg in the North Atlantic ,with 1,500 lives lost.A century later many people presented newtheories to explain the real reason for the disaster. Now two new studies arguethat rare states of nature played major roles in the disaster. The first says Earth’s nearness to the Moonand the Sun — a proximity not matched in more than 1,000 years — resulted inrecord tides that help explain why the Titanic met with so much ice, includingthe fatal iceberg. Recently, a team of researchers found anapparent explanation in the heavens. They discovered that Earth had comeunusually close to the Sun and Moon that winter, enhancing their gravitationalpulls on the ocean and producing record tides. The rare orbits took placebetween December 1911 and February 1912 — about two months before the disastercame about. The researchers suggest that the high tides refloated masses oficebergs traditionally stuck along the coastlines of Labrador and Newfoundlandand sent them adrift into the North Atlantic shipping lanes. And a second, put forward by a Titanichistorian from Britain, contends that the icy waters created ideal conditionsfor an unusual type of mirage(海市蜃楼) that hid icebergs from lookouts whose duty was to watch carefullyfor danger ahead and confused a nearby ship as to the liner’s identity,delaying rescue efforts for hours. Most people know mirages as naturalphenomena caused when hot air near the Earth’s surface bends light rays upward.In a desert, the effect prompts lost travelers to mistake patches of blue skyfor pools of water. But another kind of mirage occurs when cold air bends lightrays downward. In that case, observers can see objects and settings far overthe horizon. The images often undergo quick distortions — not unlike the wavyreflections in a funhouse mirror. Now, scholars of the Titanic are debatingthese new theories. Some have different opinions on it. Over all, though, manyexperts are applauding the fresh perspectives.&1.The underlined word &It&in the title probably refers to _______.
A.the Titanic
B.the cause of the disaster
C.the record tide
D.an unusual mirage
2.According to Theory First, what was theright chain of causes leading to the Titanic’s disaster?① record tides’ forming and icebergs’ beingrefloated② icebergs’ being drifted into the NorthAtlantic shipping lanes ③ the Earth’s strange closing to the Sunand the Moon ④ increasing of the gravitational force onthe ocean
A.①→②→③→④
B.②→③→④→①
C.④→③→②→①
D.③→④→①→②
3.According to Theory Second, the disasterhappened to the Titanic mainly because______.
A.the freezing weather made the watcher not be able to watch clear
B.the mirage made the watcher not find icebergs and a nearby ship delay rescuing
C.the mirage on the sea attracted the watcher and made him forget his work
D.the high tides drove the icebergs float so fast that the watcher didn’t respond to them
4.What is the chief function of the sixthparagraph?
A.to explain to the readers the ways of the mirage forming
B.to infer the possibility of the mirage appearing
C.to summarize the various kinds of the mirage
D.to analyze the conditions of the mirage arising
5.This passage is organized generally inthe pattern of________.
A.comparison and contrast
B.conclusion and proof
C.time and events
D.definition and classification(分类)
来源:学年度高三第二次月考英语试题
&Autumn means different things to different people. It all depends onyour personality, said British naturalist Richard Mabey. &Personalityshapes your view of the season,& he said. &You may see it as a fadingaway, a packing up(结束), or as a time of packing in another sense – the excited gathering ofresources before a long journey.&If this is true,perhaps it tells us a little about, for instance, Thomas Hood, the 19th CenturyEnglish poet. About November, he wrote: No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful easeNoshade, no shine, no butterflies, no beesNovember!On the otherhand, another English poet John Keats, already sensing he was seriously ill,was inspired by a late September day to pen one of the most famous poems in theEnglish language, To Autumn. He wrote to a friend afterwards that there wassomething comforting and healing about it.According toRichard Mabey, Keats has the biological evidence on his side. Autumn is not atime of slowing down, but a time of new beginnings and great movements ofcreatures. For example, just at the moment that Keats's &gatheringswallows& (inTo Autumn) aredeparting for Africa, millions of creatures are fleeing from the frozen northlike Iceland, Greenland and Russia to winter along the east and south coasts ofBritain. According to scientists, before falling, the leaves transfer theirchlorophyll(叶绿素)and carbohydrates into the woody parts of the tree for safe-keeping overwinter. What remains are the natural antioxidants(防老剂) in the leaves: the yellow and orangecarotenoids(类胡萝卜素),and another protective chemical specially produced for autumn, the bright-redanthocyanin(花青素).High color is not a signal of deterioration(退化) and decline, but of detox(排毒的) ability and good health.A century afterKeats, the American poet Loren Eiseley wrote in his journal: &Suppose wesaw ourselves burning like maples in a golden autumn. [And that we could]disintegrate(瓦解)like autumn leaves…droppingtheir substance like chlorophyll. Would not our attitude towards death bedifferent?&1.From Thomas Hood’s poem, we may inferthat _______.&&&&&&&& A.he suffered a lot from coldNovember&&&&&&&& B.he missed the shining summerdays very much&&&&&&&& C.he had a negative attitudetowards autumn&&&&&&&& D.he enjoyed butterflies and beesvery much2.Which word can best describe LorenEiseley’s attitude towards autumn?&&&&&&&& A.Optimistic. &&&&&&&&&&& B.Fearful. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Doubtful.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Realistic.3.In autumn, leaves turn yellow beforefalling because ______.&&&&&&&& A.they can’t bear the freezing&&&&&&&& B.they can’t get enough waterfrom the wood part&&&&&&&& C.chlorophyll and carbohydrateshave been lost through leaves&&&&&&&& D.chlorophyll and carbohydrateshave come back to the wood part4.What does the underlined sentence mean?&&&&&&&& A.Man can never live long, justas leaves must leave the tree annually.&&&&&&&& B.Man is different from autumnleaves, which will come again the next spring.&&&&&&&& C.Man should treat death calmly,just like autumn leaves fall to the ground.&&&&&&&& D.Man should have a positiveattitude towards death, quite different from autumn leaves.&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 freezing frozen 的文章

随机推荐