she _ ahave spring feverr a.has b.have

英语对话A:Excuse me,Mr.Brown. I want to have a few days off.B:___________,Jane?A:My daughter is ill and I have to look after her.B:____________.Is there anything I can do for you?A:No,thanks.My daughter has a high fever and coughs day and night.The doctor days she must be in hospital at once.B:I see._________________?A:About five days. I hope to be back next Wednesday.B:That's all right.A:Thank you,sir.But _______________.B:Don't
worry about your class.I'll ask another teacher to look after them.A:_________,Mr.Brown.I 'll try to be back earlier.Goodbye!
What is the matter?I am sorry to hear that.How long do you want to leave?How about my class?It is so nice of you!
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
1.what's up2.that's unlucky3.how long do you want to have`4.i'm afraid my class will drop behind another student5.Thanks希望可以帮上你!
what s wrong with youim sad to hear thathow longwhat s my jobthank you very much
What happens?I am sorry to hear that.How long will it be?I'm afraid my class will be left behind.Thank you so much.
扫描下载二维码请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
A concert violinist was performing a difficult piece in front of a large audience. Suddenly there is a loud snap( 断裂声 ) and the__31___could be heard throughout the auditorium( 礼堂 ).The audience ___32___knew that a string( 弦)had broken. They all __33____the concert to stop for a short time ___34___another instrument was brought to the musician.
But instead, the __35___composed( 使镇定 ) herself and then signaled the conductor to start again.The orchestra( 管弦乐团 ) continued where they had __36___and the musician played the music on three strings. In her __37____she worked out new fingering to make up for the missing string. A work that few people could play __38___on four strings, the violinist played on three.
When she __39____and bowed to the audience,there was a silence in the hall. And then the crowd rose to their feet and cheered wildly. The violinist ___40___and wiped sweat from her forehead. When __41____returned to the hall, she ___42___why she had continued to play although there was a __43___string. &You know,& she said, &sometimes it is the artist's __44___to find out how much music you can still ___45___with what has been left.&
Maybe we've lived most of our lives and we have only a little time left. Maybe disease has ___46___us of our capacity( 能力 ) to work. Or perhaps a financial(财政的) loss has left us very__47___. Can we still make &music&?
There will come a time when we all __48___loss. Can we find the __49___to discover how much &music& we can still make with what has been left, just like the violinist? And if it takes extra courage to make the &music&, others will __50___ your effort. Some people have lost more than others, but they are brave enough to face it. They inspire the rest of us to reach greater heights.
31. A. voice&&&&&&&&&& B. sound&&&&&&&& C.music&&&&&&& D. screamw
32. A.immediately&&&&& B. gradually&&&&&& C. hardly&&&&&& D.eventually
33. A. hoped&&&&&&&&& B. advised&&&&&&&& C.urged&&&&&&& D.expected
34. A.when&&&&&&&&&& B.until&&&&&&&&&&& C.after&&&&&&&& D. since
35. A.audience&&&&&&& B.conductor&&&&&&& C.violinist&&&&& D.pianist
36. A.left&&&&&&&&&&&& B. stopped&&&&&&&& C.remained&&&& D.arrived
37. A.hands&&&&&&&&&& B. eyes&&&&&&&&&&& C.opinion&&&&& D.mind
38. A.fast&&&&&&&&&&&& B.badly&&&&&&&&&& C.well&&&&&&&& D.gently
39. A.started&&&&&&&&& B.performed&&&&&&& C.finished&&&&& D.paused
40. A.worried&&&&&&&& B.smiled&&&&&&&&& C.apologized&&& D.escapedw
41. A.thought&&&&&&&& B.happiness&&&&&&& C.excitement&&& D.silence
42. A.asked&&&&&&&&& B. wondered&&&&&&& C.explained&&&& D.introduced
43. A.broken&&&&&&&& B.lost&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.bad&&&&&&&&& D.difficult
44. A.dream&&&&&&&& B. plan&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. suggestion&&& D. task
45. A.take&&&&&&&&&& B.get&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.make&&&&&&&& D.carry
46. A.warned&&&&&&& B.reminded&&&&&&&&& C. required&&&&& D.robbed
47. A.poor&&&&&&&&& B.brave&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.guilty&&&&&&& D.rich
48. A.appreciate&&&&& B.avoid&&&&&&&&&&&& C.experience&&&& D.improve
49. A. assistance&&&& B. hope&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. support&&&&&& D.courage
50. A. comment&&&&& B.applaud&&&&&&&&&&& C. accept&&&&& &&D.blame
---May I take your order now?
&& ---_______.
A. No,I'm in trouble now&&&&&&
B.Yes, we obey orders
C. Yes, I'd like a dish of chicken&
D.No, I don't have a choice of meat
---Good morning. Grand Hotel.
&& ---Hello, I'd like to book a room for the nights of the 18th and 19th.
A. What can I do for you?& B. Just a minute, please.
C. What's the matter?& &&&D. At your service.
题型:阅读理解
Help or Not
Dear editor,
During last year's winter holiday, I went shopping with my grandmother. We saw several beggars. Some of them were disabled, which made me feel sad. Among them were old people, young people and even children! When I wanted to help them, my grandmother stopped me. She told me they were not worth showing mercy to because some beggars cheated people out of their money. Should I help them?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Yours,
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Mary from Guangzhou
Dear Mary,
&&&&&& While I understand your grandmother’s point of view, I think that just because some beggars have cheated people, this doesn’t mean you should never help any beggars.
&&&&&& Showing mercy to people who are not as fortunate as us is one of the kindest things we can do. While some beggars may use dishonest means to get money, most beggars will not. Even those who use dishonest means are probably hungry for food and feel they have no choice but to cheat people. It is important to be careful for your own safety. But if you want to help, you don’t necessarily have to give it to beggars in the street.
&&&&&& Another way you can help is by donating money to the China Charity Federation. Visit its website at: www. china charity. cn.net.
18.From the grandmother’s point of view, we can learn that ________.
A. she has never helped the beggars.&&&&
B. she believes not all beggars are honest
C. she has surely been cheated by some beggars&&
D. she shows no pity for the poor
19. Mary felt sad for _______.
&&&&&& A. her grandmother&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. the disabled beggars&
C. the old people&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. herself
20. The editor suggests that Mary should _______.
&&&&&& A. have her own mind&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. follow her grandmother
&&&&&& C. do something for those unfortunate&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. help the China Charity Federation
21. The underlined word “donating” probably means _______.
&&&&&& A. give out of kindness&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. put into a business
C. earn through an organization&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. give in return for some kindness
Tired? Bored? Hungry? And more miles left to go?
Help pass the time on your trip : play a game !
Everyone knows that a long bus ride can make even the most exciting field trip seem oring. When the bus is traveling a long distance to reach the cool field trip destination,it can eem like forever. What about when you are in the backseat waiting to reach Grandma ' s ouse? The road stretches like a rubber band for miles and miles. Here' s a way to beat the oad at its own game. Use what you have around you to play games with your family and riends. You can have fun while you travel !
When you play “ Make Them LOOK ! “,you need to_______
A.& prepare a piece of paper with the alphabet on it
B.& focus on the license plates of the running cars
C.& know the traffic rules in Alaska and Hawaii
D.& remember the alphabet you' ve seen
If a question in “ Straight Face& is successful, the person ” it& will feel______
A. funny&&& B. happy&&& C. confused D. hopeful
Who is the passage written for?
A. Students taking long trips.& B. Businessmen travelling often.
C. Drivers going to other states.&& D. People learning to be humorous.2014级二级218班UNIT6-A_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2014级二级218班UNIT6-A
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩10页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢Treating a Fever without Meds
Get my FREE weekly newsletter with health news, Real Food recipes, video how-to's and special discounts!▲
Get my FREE weekly newsletter with health news, Real Food recipes, video how-to's and special discounts!X
Treating a Fever Without Meds by Sarah , Many parents panic when their child has a fever. I did too the first time my child spiked a temperature of 102.5 F. It is a scary thing to hold your child and they are hot, flushed and obviously very uncomfortable.It is important to learn ways to manage your child’s fever and not lower it artificially with over the counter medications. It would be best if you just threw these drugs away and don’t even have them in your medicine cabinet because even infrequent use of an over-the-counter drug like .Instead of panicking, honor your child’s fever and learn to use it constructively to improve your child’s health and vitality over the long term, because, believe it or not, fevers are fabulous and accomplish important things in a child’s developing body.I am one of seven children, so we had a lot of fevers going around our home during cold/flu season. Despite this, my Father who is a retired Family Physician never succumbed to treating a fever with meds.Ever.He taught us that bringing down a fever only prolonged the illness and weakened vitality for the next illness to come. I remember him saying, “No, I can’t bring down your fever because you’ll get sicker quicker and next time it will be worse.”Repeated forced . And eliminating fever will usually cause a secondary infection. When you bring down a fever you start a domino effect toward antibiotic use. In other words, if you want to avoid antibiotics, don’t bring down the fever. Fever reduction suppresses the immune system. Your child is trying to get well himself with the fever and when you bring it down you are opening him up to a secondary bacterial infection that will further entrench the virus or bacteria. It cannot be stressed enough that fever has an important role to play in your child’s overall wellbeing.Why Do We Get Fevers?Why do our bodies produce fever? One reason is that fevers greatly slow down pathogens.
Fevers are a highly beneficial immune response that we suppress to our detriment.The “germ” – bacteria or virus causing the child’s distress typically replicates every few minutes and the fever slows this process down. Fevers work to slow down the spread and severity of the illness and are your friend in avoiding a secondary infection (usually respiratory illness), a trip to the doctor and a script for antibiotics.So treating a fever with meds to bring it down gives free license to the virus or bacteria to spread in an unrestrained manner. And don’t panic if your child’s temperature gets to 102-103 F degrees–this is the ideal range for a fever.I can’t tell you how many times my children have spiked a beautiful fever of about 102-103 F for a few hours with no other symptoms whatsoever.When the fever resolved, the illness was over.
No cough, no rash, sinus congestion, no nothing.
Just a fever and that’s it. I can almost guarantee that if I had forcibly brought the fever down with meds, they would have gotten a secondary illness on top of the fever – probably a cough or sinus congestion and the illness would have morphed from an afternoon of chills and discomfort into a two week ordeal with a trip to the doctor and prescription meds.Treating a Fever With No MedsI find that holding your child is the best home remedy for fever. When they are feverish, they want to be with you. Put on a light robe and crash on the couch with your child and hold her for hours if you need to. If you let the fever go and just let the child’s body do what it is trying to do, the fever won’t last very long — just a few hours.You can take their temperature if you want to, but it is not necessary. Put your lips on your child’s forehead, and if the child seems hot, you know she has a fever. I can tell within a half a degree what the temperature is using this method with no thermometer required (which children typically find distressing to use when they are ill anyway). My dad taught me this trick–he never took our temperatures. He knew the temperature.Sometimes a fever will go for three days. It will go up and down, with peaks and valleys, and it usually peaks about 4-6 in the afternoon. If your child has a fever in the afternoon followed by a good night’s sleep and no fever in the morning, that doesn’t mean he is over it. Don’t send him to school until you know what happens at 4-6 in the afternoon. The fever is likely to come back in a lot of cases. Until you’ve passed a late afternoon with no fever, your child is not yet on the road to recovery.Should You Feed or Starve a Fever?My father taught me that food will naturally drop a fever within about 20 minutes and this drop will last for an hour or two. My father always believed that it was fine to feed a child with a fever if the child was willing to eat. But don’t force food if he doesn’t want it. And you don’t have to give your child a lot of food. Just a few bites of scrambled egg or a few sips of homemade broth can bring that fever down a bit. It will not make the fever go away but will manage it hopefully within the ideal 102-103 degree range.If a child’s fever is very high–over 103.5 degrees–then you need to take steps to bring it down down. One method for treating a fever naturally to bring it down without any meds is a cool water enema. Enemas have such a bad rap! Nobody likes them but they are a very effective remedy for many things. You can get an
from any pharmacy for about ten dollars and they’re incredibly easy to administer. If the fever is getting really high, just get a thick beach towel and put it in the tub. Lay your child on his side without taking clothes off. Slide their pajamas down a little. Place 1/2 to 1 quart warm filtered water in the bag and insert the enema nozzle lubricated with a bit of coconut oil. Your child will start to feel pressure and will want to go to the bathroom–the water usually doesn’t run out. Then gently put him on the toilet and let him go. This will bring the fever down by a degree or two.High fevers– those that range between 104 and 105 F – are not dangerous in themselves, but they make the metabolism run very fast and increase the risk of dehydration. Blood sugar often drops with the metabolism running at this high level, which can lead to convulsions. To prevent this, have your child sip fresh fruit juice diluted 50% with filtered water to keep tissues hydrated and blood sugar levels in the normal range. If your child is too lethargic or won’t take anything, you can administer about 4 ounces diluted fruit juice rectally using a $2 . Again, this is so easy to do!
The body will absorb it rectally very quickly. Don’t worry – it won’t run out and make a mess. This may save you a trip to the emergency room.Fevers rapidly deplete vitamin A so be sure to give your child drops of
under the tongue while the fever is running its course.Fever Baths To Hasten HealingOn the other hand, if your child is running a low-grade fever day after day and not seeming to get better, you can help her generate a higher fever to help resolve the illness more quickly by giving her a . Put her in the tub. Fill it with water as hot as she can stand. You can get it hotter for them if you put them in it while you are filling it. You want it pretty hot, but still comfortable. Leave her in the bath for 10-12 minutes, then get her out, dry her quickly and wrap her up tight. Put her into bed, well covered up. This should help the fever rise to the point where it can be effective in resolving the illness and by morning, she may have a normal temperature.I have used the fever bath method for treating a fever on myself with great results too!Sarah, The Healthy Home EconomistSources:Reviving the Amazing Wisdom of an Old Time Doctor (My Dad!), p. 220 Subscribe for UpdatesSubscribe today and gain access to my exclusive & FREE weekly newsletter packed with the latest health news, Real Food recipes, video how-to's, special discounts and much more!谁帮我出份人教版八上英语试卷啊!急用。_百度知道
谁帮我出份人教版八上英语试卷啊!急用。
求。一定要是人教版的,最好在处分七上的
我有更好的答案
初二英语(上)英语试卷
( )1. -__________ is your father staying in Sydney? -For two weeks.
A. How far B. How long C. How often D. How many
( )2. –Is Jack _________ than Jim? -No, Jack isn’t so ___ as Jim. A. taller, taller, B. tall, taller
C. taller, tall D. taller, short
( )3. How long does it ______ you to go to Shanghai from Beijing by train?
A. spend B. take C. make D. use
( )4. –How far is the store? -It’s near here, about _____.
A. ten minutes walk B. ten minute’s walk C. ten minute walk D. ten minutes’ walk
( )5.-Can you go to the cinema this evening, Jenny? -___________.
A. Yes, I’d love B. I’d like to, thanks. C. Yes, p...
谢谢。我试试。
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
英语试卷的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁

我要回帖

更多关于 haveafever 的文章

随机推荐