tunnelfolder杭州汽车音响改装

《Conquering Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Repetitive Strain Injuries》 Sharon J. Butler【摘要 书评 试读】图书
iPhone/iPad/Mac
Android手机或平板电脑
请输入您的手机号码或电子邮箱,获取Kindle阅读软件的下载链接。
通知出版社:
没有Kindle设备?,或者下载免费 。
出版社: Advanced Pr (日)
语种: 英语
26.7 x 21.3 x 1.5 cm
在亚马逊中国上尚未有买家评论。
此商品在美国亚马逊上最有用的商品评论 (beta)
美国亚马逊:
42/46 人认为此评论有用This book SAVED my life!
P. Sheahan
- 已在美国亚马逊上发表版本: 平装
已确认购买
I'm a computer geek, having been typing for over 20 years, and also a drummer, so I have been prone to carpal tunnel symptoms for a very long time. Suddenly I went through a terrible ordeal with bilateral ca terrible pain around the clock in both arms (from the shoulders to finger tips). I was beside myself in pain and was really panicking since I could barely function in the office or at home. Pain killers did not work so it was very frightening and starting to cause depression.I was forced to get very educated on the subject quickly and found the majority of information on the Internet on how to combat this problem is absolutely FALSE, including vitamins, massages, chiropractors, wrist braces, wrist wrests, and even surgery in many cases. I tried all of these (aside from the surgery) and actually got worse. All it took was finding this ONE book on proper stretching exercises, and I went from 0% to 95% improvement in just 10 days. If you have carpal tunnel symptoms, drop everything and get this book!No wonder doctors don't m it would put them out of business! The Internet seems filled with websites saying to take B-vitamins etc, but most claim you won't see results for up to 3 MONTHS? Yet vitamin testimonials are difficult to find on the Internet at the same time which is odd. Complete no I took B-vitamins faithfully for a month, at the correct dosages and you'd think I'd see SOME improvement, but I only got worse. Wrist braces may help prevent further aggravation while sleeping, but they do not fix the underlying problem! I tried the chiropractor which did nothing, and massages of the forearms absolutely KILLED me the following day.With this book, simply just follow the exercises VERY gently and slowly. If any pain is felt, don't do that particular exercise and move on to others. There is no set schedule on how often to do the exercises, so I chose to do them morning and evening (took me about an hour each time). At first you may feel like you don't want to do them, like they may do you more harm. For example, doing exercises to bend your wrist backward when you have painful carpal tunnel symptoms, just seems like a bad idea and is uncomfortable to do and your initial gut feeling may be to stop. Again, if you do them VERY gently and softly and stop the exercises just before the pain threshold hits, THIS is what cures the problem. Every day you will go farther and farther this way.I am shocked out how much misinformation there is on the Internet on this topic. This book was all I needed. However I did also use the product called the "Carpal Solution"
while I slept. I am convinced this helped as well. It basically pulls the lower, fatty parts of the palm apart slightly while you sleep, allowing the median nerve to breath a bit, and heal faster. Great concept and I recommend it, but it is this book I am writing a review on that is most essential.Note the book "It's not Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" also found on Amazon also had some really good info on things to do. I think the ergonomic info was most helpful.
After getting so educated on carpal tunnel syndrome, I am convinced poor ergonomics while sitting at my computer (and on my drums) was the source of the problem. You MUST sit up straight at the computer, use a keyboard tray, and do NOT use arm wrests on your chair, and do NOT use a keyboard cushion, and do NOT lean your body forward and wrest your arms on a table as you type, or against the tables edge while typing. That was my whole problem. Elbows MUST be at your sides as you type, and NOT leaning on anything. Follow these guidelines and also using the exercises in this book, you will be set. I will continue to do these exercises for the rest of my life - they feel good and are the right thing to do as you get older. You have to offset all hand/finger/wrist activity on a daily basis with stretches, period. Hope this helps!P.S.
I did seriously consider carpal tunnel surgery as a last resort, as a few people I know had success with it. However, come to find out, carpal tunnel surgery does not have a big success rate overall, or it may only help temporarily. This is because carpal tunnel syndrome in most cases originates in the neck, shoulders and chest (pinched nerves), where pain then travels to the hands. In this case the surgery often doesn't work or only provides temporary relief because the source of the problem is actually elsewhere in the body. Once I found this book on proper stretching and saw the results, I realized surgery is not needed.UPDATE: Now 3 months later, my carpal tunnel symptoms are still gone and I can do everyday tasks normally. Though if I type for a long time, my hands do get a bit achy. In that case, I pull out the exercises from this book and do them and I always feel much better. One solution I found in the meantime to lessen my typing is software called "Dragon Dictate" which allows me to dictate everything and the computer writes for me. Worth every penny and saves SO much stress on my hands so that I don't have to do the exercises as much.
23/25 人认为此评论有用Book replaced anti-inflammatories and gave me my life back.
Carpal Tunnel and related stress injuries struck me in mid-August and left me practically helpless for nearly 3 months.
After 3 days of doing the stretching exercises in Butler's book, I was back to doing simple activities and completely off the high dosages of anti-inflammatories recommended by my doctor. I cannot recommend this book too highly. The exercises are super simple and can be done throughout the day whenever you have a moment - in front of the TV, while laying in bed, in the car at a stoplight. The exercises deal with the entire upper body, including arms and wrists. You can choose those appropriate to you and your activities. If you are not sure, Butler has a list of which exercises apply to certain lines of work.
An excellent - and inexpensive - book.
21/24 人认为此评论有用Pretty great relief for me
Mario G. Perez Fonseca
已确认购买
After 3 years of suffering RSI from working at a PC, I was desperate, and had tried regular medicine, and even acupuncture (this last, I'm still on, and it works) but the best relief I have found was from the series of exercises found on this book. From upper-body to hand-fingers, this book (Comprised of mostly full-page illustrations) helps you relieve the symptons of your RSI. I can't say I don't have any pain anymore, but I can say it has greatly reduced, and improving.There is little text in this book, dealing mostly with how you should do the repetitions and how to avoid further injury, then it is right ot the action with the diagrams and instructions for every exercise.If you have an RSI try this book, and also check for your posture while working, seating, and standing. I have a great non-commercial link about this for you, write me if you want it.Health and peace to you.
31/38 人认为此评论有用Caused more pain
The exercises are categorized and easy to understand.
The exercises probably are effective for most people.The bad:
Following the exercises precisely for three weeks, I felt much more numbness and weakness.
For some, these stretches may actually exacerbate the problem.Beware, and begin slowly.
If you are one who finds benefit, then gradually increase the number of stretches and the time you spend stretching.
If, however, your symptons increase, slow down or stop.Good luck!
查找其它相似商品
Conquering Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Repetitive Strain Injuries [平装]
通常需要1-2个月发货。
此商品可享受
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。亚马逊意外错误报歉,由于程序执行时,遇到意外错误,您刚刚操作没有执行成功,请稍后重试。或将此错误报告给我们的客服中心:推荐您,确认您的操作无误后,再继续其他操作。您可以通过亚马逊,获得更多的帮助。

我要回帖

更多关于 杭州汽车音响改装 的文章

随机推荐