杭州专治骨科病的医院精神分裂哪家最好?is the ambition of a few

Maybe you have just a wrong url. Go to http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/ first to see if the error persists.
If you get the error again check that you:
Don't use anonymizers, open proxies, VPNs, or TOR to access Project Gutenberg. This includes the Google proxies that are used by Chrome.
Don't access Project Gutenberg from hosted servers.
Don't use automated software to download lots of books. We have a limit on how fast you can go while using this site. If you surpass this limit you get blocked for 24h.
We have a daily limit on how many books you can download. If you exceeded this limit you get blocked for 24h.
If you use the RSS feed, set your update interval to 24 hours.
If you are sure that none of the above applies to you,
and wish us to investigate the problem,
we need to know your IP address.
don't sign up,
just copy the IP address
(it looks like: 12.34.56.78 but your numbers will be different)
If that page also shows a proxy address, we need that one too.From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
from Ambition
"Chain Music"
Released: September 2, 2011
Released: September 2, 2011
Released: October 11, 2011
"Sabotage"
Released: January 31, 2012
Ambition is the second studio album by American
artist . It was released on November 1, 2011, by
and . It is the follow-up to his debut album, , which was released in 2009. The album features guest appearances from , , , , , , , and . The album was supported by four official singles— "Chain Music", "Bait", " and "Sabotage", along with the promotional singles "Bad Girls Club" and "Focused". Ambition received generally positive reviews from music critics. The album debuted at number two on the
chart, selling 164,000 copies in its first week of release. As of June, 2013, the album has sold over 482,000 copies in the United States.
On July 20, 2011 Wale began releasing
titled "#Nodaysoff Vlog: Wale – The Making of 'Ambition'" through the Maybach Music Group Channel. In an August 2011, interview with , Wale spoke about how the album is the best music he's ever made, saying: "I’m putting out 10 new songs when I get up to a million follower on Twitter - [songs not from] the album. And I got a lot of freestyles, some classic shit, not playing no more. It’s been too… I feel like I’m one of the best, you know? And I wanna give my fans a reason to brag now like, "Yo, this is what I like Wale the most." A lot of niggas is nice, I’m just tryin' to take it up a notch like, we is working. I’m working vigorously. I’m mentally getting right. Working out, getting physically right. Reading more, I’m back to the old me. The vigor that I had with 100 Miles & Running is like, all over the album, it’s the best music I’ve ever made in my life and I mean that."
In the same interview, he spoke about his mindset on the album, saying:
"End all, be all. You. I want to have this conversation with everybody who asks me that question. You. A lot of people would kill to be where you at, right? But you would kill seven motherfuckers to get to where you wanna go in your mind. It’s a stepping stone. Young niggas really gotta get on they shit, for real. Whether you in the league, you playing basketball, whether you selling dope, whether you in school… We gotta get on our shit! Our parents ain’t have no m'fuckin' e-mail, m'fuckers had to memorize numbers and… The least we can do is grind! How many young Lyor Cohens you see? How many young Diddys you see? None! A lot of young niggas is in it right now as if they only wanna be in it temporarily, I want it forever! Fuck the money, fuck the fame, I want niggas to say, "You know what? Wale make that… Psssh… Man… For real. For years. I love this nigga's music." Young niggas don’t aspire to be legendary no more. They don’t. Niggas our age are so consumed in the now. That’s why they follow trends. That’s why they do little akee shit, weirdo shit…know what I’m saying? Young niggas don’t want shit but "now." The temporary riches, like, I want the forever, I want the forever glory. Temporary riches is nothing to forever glory. That’s what we striving for, that’s what Ambition is."
On August 22, 2011 in an interview with MTV Wale revealed he and
reconciled and were working on a song for the album, tentatively titled "Focused". This was the first time Wale and Kid Cudi collaborated musically since the release of "Is There Any Love?" in 2008. The two were previously not working together, because of a small falling-out that they had in September 2010. On September 28, 2011, through his Twitter feed, Wale announced he officially completed the album. In an October 2011, interview with , Wale spoke about the album, saying: "The defining moment of my career will be Ambition.. [The album] is complete and I have every intention of making this a classic album. I was telling Drake the other day, a lot of the people that came before us worked a lot harder and things didn’t come as easy to them." In the same interview, he spoke about the song "Ambition", saying: "Ambition" is a record that’s on the album that’s very important because it’s the title track. The most famous rapper on the album is obviously Rick Ross, so I wanted him to bring a lot of attention to "Ambition" because it’s what the album is about. I also wanted my fans to hear another side of Rick Ross. He touches on some things that he never really spoke on before on that verse." He also spoke about working with
on the album, saying: "[I worked with the] legendary DJ Toomp on the album. I’m 100% sure Toomp is someone I will be working with a lot in the future. One of the album’s most [important] records is ‘Legendary,’ which Toomp produced. All I got to say is, if I only got three minutes and 30 seconds, ‘Legendary’ is what I would want them to listen to."
On August 17, 2011, Wale released a
titled The Eleven One Eleven Theory, in reference to Ambition's release date. The mixtape features production from , , and Tone P, and features songs such as "Bait", "Chain Music" and the single "". In 2011, to promote Ambition, Wale went on the Ambition Tour from October 2, 2011, until December 8, 2011. It started in ,
and ended in . The tour featured Black Cobain from
as the opening act.
The album's first promotional single, "Bad Girls Club" featuring
was released on June 15, 2011. On November 1, 2011, the music video was released for "Bad Girls Club" featuring J. Cole. The album's first single, "Chain Music" was released to digital retailers on September 2, 2011. On December 15, 2011, the music video was released for "Chain Music". The album's second single, "Bait" released to digital retailers on September 2, 2011. On October 20, 2011, the music video was released for "Bait". The album's third single, "" featuring
was released to digital retailers on October 11, 2011. On November 15, 2011, the music video was released for "Lotus Flower Bomb" featuring Miguel. The album's second promotional single, "Focused" featuring
was released to digital retailers on October 19, 2011. "Sabotage" featuring singer
was released to US urban radio as the album's fourth single on January 31, 2012. On March 20, 2012, the music video was released for "Sabotage" featuring Lloyd. On February 19, 2012, the music video for "Slight Work" featuring
was released. On March 13, 2012, the music video for "Ambition" featuring
was released.
Ambition received generally positive reviews from . At , which assigns a
rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an
score of 69, based on 15 reviews, which indicates "generally favorable review". David Jeffries of
gave the album four out of five stars, saying "As far as why it all hangs together so well, credit goes to Wale’s talent and his strong personality, which here has grown into an interesting combination of Lil Wayne and Plies, with a little 50 Cent smirk and bit of Drake’s phrasing thrown in for good measure." Adam Kivel of
gave the album three and a half stars out of five, saying "Wale is a strong lyricist, one that conveys an inner vision far better than most in the game. Combined with a good ear for beats, this makes Ambition a strong sophomore release, one that shouldn’t disappoint old fans while drawing in new ones." Edwin Ortiz of
gave the album four out of five stars, saying "With a tight-knit collection of features and palpable confidence exuded in his lyrics, Ambition is Wale’s most cohesive and likewise enthralling project thus far in his brisk career. As such, the magnitude of this album rests in the hook of the title-track. Wale doesn’t expect every fan to symbolize their appreciation with a SoundS just don’t hold your applause." Luke Winkie of
gave the album a 5.6 out of 10, saying "It’s just not very fun. Wale’s conversion to Ross’ braggy rap-excess didn’t seem like a great idea in theory, and stretched out to an hour his updated, devolved craft starts to wear thin very, very quickly. He doesn’t have the same fire, conviction, or really any feasible statement of purpose. Competently dull in the worst ways possible and even further removed from the things that made him special in the first place, Wale may have found a permanent home within the Maybach family, but his top-tier dreams (or ambitions if you must) seem to be long gone."
Simon Vozick-Levinson of
gave the album three out of five stars, saying "He's too quick to reach for sexist clichés; cheap shots at groupies and gold diggers undercut moments of real emotion. What Wale lusts for most of all is respect. "Fuck fame, fuck money," he declares. "I'm just trying to be legendary." Someday, maybe, but not quite yet."
gave the album a B, saying "In its efforts to woo women listeners, Ambition softens some of the harder edges from Maybach’s other releases, but Ross’ rotund shadow looms large over the record nonetheless. The mogul gets feature credits on two songs, and even on a couple of tracks he isn’t billed on. He’s there in the background, grunting approvingly, reminding everybody who made this possible." David Amidon of
gave the album a five out of ten, saying "There’s also no risks taken here compared to his debut. Instead, Ambition gives us pretty much the same song over and over again with just a few variations on the template, and feels like the hip-hop equivalent of listening to some pop rock band’s album who you’d never have guessed was being bet on by a major unless you were told. The music’s efficient and there’s literally nothing to get annoyed or disgusted by (unless "Illest Bitch" weirds you out for his calling his sister in a bitch in a positive context) and so Ambition leaves listeners to answer the simple question of whether they want an exceptionally unchallenging album to listen to for an hour or not. I’ll just take the highlights."
Adam Fleischer of
gave the album an XL, saying "The sonic mood of Ambition reflects its title and author and proves, on the whole, far warmer than his debut. On the title track, he raps, "They gon’ love me for my ambition/Easy to dream a dream, though it’s harder to live it." Wale seems to be living his on this sophomore album." Jon Garcia of
gave the album a seven out of ten, saying "Ambition is a pretty decent album – but it won’t stick out the way his early mixtapes did. Is he "Focused" like Cudi says? Perhaps, but true Wale fans will look for more substance and clashing drums on his projects. At least you’ll have the wordplay to hold you over." Jesal Padania of RapReviews gave the album a 6.5 out of 10, saying "To be honest, "You will enjoy it for a while, and in a year, I guarantee that you will not be listening to it, save for a few songs (such as "Legendary" and "Ambition"). The quality of the music reflects this, as does the depth of Wale's subject matter. But Big Macs are still enjoyable in their own way, as is this album." Matthew Cole of
gave the album three out of five stars, saying "Where Jay-Z excels at bragging about his career and Drake makes whining about his fame seem insightful, when Wale starts sweating his legacy, he instantly stops being fun to listen to. For an album so obsessed with the amount of willpower that was poured into it, Ambition doesn't even secure Wale the Most Improved Rapper award, let alone the Most Likely to Succeed."
The album debuted at number two on the , with 164,000 copies sold in its first-week. As of June 2013 the album has sold 482,000 copies in the United States.
"Don't Hold Your Applause"  
"Double M Genius"  
Mark Henry, EnDuhStreatZ (co.)
"Miami Nights"  
Mark Henry, Dre King (co.)
"Legendary"  
, Lil' Lody (add.)
"" (featuring )
Jerrin Howard
"Chain Music"  
"Focused" (featuring )
"Sabotage" (featuring )
Cloudeater
"White Linen (Coolin')" (featuring )
"Slight Work" (featuring )
"Ambition" (featuring
"Illest Bitch"  
Tha Bizness
"No Days Off"  
"DC or Nothing"  
"That Way" (featuring
& Rick Ross)
Total length:
"Bait"  
Sample credits
"That Way" contains excerpts and samples of "Give Me Your Love", written and as performed by
and interpolations and samples of "I'm the Only Woman", written by LaTonya Blige-DaCosta, , , ,
and , as performed by .
Chart (2011)
Chart (2011)
US Billboard 200
US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
US Top Rap Albums
Chart (2012)
US Billboard 200
US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
US Top Rap Albums
. . July 20, .
. YouTube. August 17, .
Graham, Nadine (August 1, 2011). . . Cheri Media Group 2012.
. YouTube 2012.
Graham, Nadine (August 1, 2011). . HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group 2014.
Blanco, Alvin (August 22, 2011). . .
. . . October 17, .
Folarin, Wale (September 28, 2011). .
. Complex. October 17, .
Wale WebCrew (September 7, 2011). . Official website. Maybach Music Group 2011.
(US). . July 15, .
. Rap-Up. Devin Lazerine. November 1, 2011.
. ITunes (US). Apple. September 2, .
. . Devin Lazerine. December 15, .
. ITunes (US). Apple. September 2, .
. Complex. October 20, .
. Rap-Up. Devin Lazerine. November 15, .
. . January 31, .
. Rap-Up. Devin Lazerine. March 20, .
. HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group. February 19, .
. Rap-Up. Devin Lazerine. March 13, .
Jon Garcia (November 1, 2011). .
Jeffries, David. . .
. . November 7, .
. HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group 2011.
Published at 1:20 PM on November 8, 2011 By Luke Winkie (November 8, 2011). . .
Greene, Jayson (November 4, 2011). . Pitchfork Media 2011.
Amidon, David (November 3, 2011). .
Cole, Matthew (October 30, 2011). .
. . . November 1, .
McFarland, Kevin (November 15, 2011). . .
. RapReviews. November 8, .
Jacobs, Allen (November 9, 2011). . HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group 2014.
Wete, Brad (June 9, 2013). . .
. Billboard. Prometheus Global Media 2014.
for Wale. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
. Billboard. Prometheus Global Media 2015.
. . If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
: Hidden categories:小题1:C小题2:B小题3:C小题4:C&试题分析:文章大意:学习语言有很多方法,各有各的优缺点。但只有适合自己的才是最好的。小题1:C细节理解题。根据第二、三段的内容可知“所有的课程都是免费的”是错误的,故C项不正确。故C正确。小题2:B细节理解题。根据倒数第二段The main disadvantage of studying abroad is the cost,可知在国外学习费用很高。故B正确。小题3:C细节理解题。根据最后一段Some of the paid ones provide support from teachers via email, chat programs, video conferencing, telephone or even face to face.可以得出答案。故C正确。小题4:C细节理解题。根据文章第三段You will also be studying with others who are at more or less the same level and you can exchange ideas with them and help one another.可知C项正确。故C正确。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
There has been an outpouring of love for a 23-year-old disabled woman whose dog was killed in front of her while a groomer(美容师)tried to trim(修剪)its claws. Calls and e-mails came from as far away as the Upper Peninsula and Arizona as well as Oakland and Macomb counties, offering Laurie Crouch, who uses a wheelchair because of multiple sclerosis(硬化症), everything from dogs to money, such as that from Jason Daly of Roseville who said, “I would like to buy her a new dog. ”A story about the death of Crouch’s pet, Gooch, was printed on the front page of Macomb Daily. Crouch said a groomer tied Gooch up with a collar, and then she and a man sat on the dog to trim its nails. Gooch died after one claw was trimmed. Crouch yelled at the groomer to stop when she saw Gooch was struggling to breathe, but she said she was ignored. “If I could have walked, I would have put my hands on her and pulled her off my dog and physically stopped her, but I can’t do that. ”Gooch was not a trained service animal, but naturally helped Crouch by picking up things for her. “This case is absolute animal abuse(虐待), ”Larry Obrecht, division manager of the Oakland County Animal Shelter in Auburn Hills said. People who read the story contacted Oakland Press to offer help. A message, from Rebecca Amett of Giggles N Wiggles Puppy Rescue in Roseville, said, “We have puppies to donate and want to help the young woman who lost her service dog. ”“When Gooch was with me I was happy, ”Crouch said, “I think I can be happy again but no animal can replace Gooch. There’s never going to be another Gooch out there but I think I will find a dog that can bring me joy again. ”小题1:People called and emailed to    . A.give their angry voice to the groomerB.offer help and care to Laurie CrouchC.tell Crouch how to punish the groomerD.offer a cure for Crouch’s disease小题2: Gooch died mainly because    . A.the groomer was carelessB.the groomer didn’t know how to trim the dog’s nailsC.the groomer sat on the dog with another manD.the dog was wearing a collar小题3:What do we know about Crouch’s dog? A.It was a specially trained service dog. B.It was trained to do many things for people. C.It was Crouch’s only friend. D.It could offer some help to Crouch.小题4:What does the passage mainly tell us? A.A disabled woman’s service dog. B.A cruel groomer killed a disabled woman’s dog. C.People’s love for a disabled woman who lost her dog. D.A disabled woman loves to have the dog as company.
Some people will do just about anything to save money. And I am one of them. Take my family’s last vacation for example. It was my six-year-old son’s winter break from school, and we were heading home from Fort Lauderdale after a weeklong trip. The flight was overbooked, and Delta, the airline, offered us $400 per person in credits to give up our seats and leave the next day. I had a meeting in New York, So I had to get back. But that didn't mean my husband and my son couldn't stay. So I took off for home. The next day my husband and son were offered more credits to take an even later flight. Yes, I encouraged一okay, ordered一them to wait it out at the airport, to "earn" more Delta Dollars. Our total take: $1,600. Not bad, huh? Now some people may think I'm a bad mother and not such a great wife either. But as a big-time bargain hunter, I know the value of a dollar. And these days, a good deal is something few of us can afford to pass up. I've made living looking for the best deals and exposing the worst tricks. I have been the consumer reporter of NBC's Today show for over a decade. I have written a lot of books including one titled Tricks of the Trade: A Consumer Survival Guide. And I really do what I believe in. I tell you this because there is no shame in getting your money’s worth. I’m also tightfisted(小气的) when it comes to shoes, clothes for my children, and expensive restaurants. But I wouldn't hesitate to spend on a good haircut. It keeps its longer, and it's the first thing people notice. And I will also spend on a classic piece of furniture. Quality lasts.小题1:Why did Delta give the author's family credits?A.They took a later flight.B.They had early bookings.C.Their flight had been delayed.D.Their flight had been cancelled.小题2:What can we learn about the author?A.She seldom makes a compromise.B.She is very strict with her children.C.She rarely misses a good deal.D.She is interested in cheap products.小题3:What does the author do?A.She's a teacher.B.She's a housewife.C.She's a businesswoman.D.She's a media person.小题4:What does the author want to tell us?A.How to spend money wisely.B.How to expose bad tricks.C.How to reserve airline seats.D.How to make a business deal.
题型:完形填空
To celebrate the end of our exams, my friends and I went to a fast food restaurant. We&&&&hamburgers and Coca Cola at the counter. When our&&&&came, I started walking towards an empty table. By bad luck, my bag strap(带子) got&&&&on a chair and the tray(托盘) that I was holding slipped(滑)&&&&my hands and went flying in the air. The tray, and its contents,&&&&on a man who was just about to&&&&a bite of his sandwich. I stared, greatly&&&&, as the drinks soaked(浸湿) his white shirt. Then I&&&&my eyes and prepared myself for his burst of&&&. Instead, he said "It’s OK" to &&&&me before he disappeared into the washroom.Still shaky and unsure&&&&to do next, my friends and I went to a table and sat there, trying our best to look&&&. A moment later, the man came out of the washroom, and&&&&our table. My heart almost stopped&&&. I thought he was going to ask for my father's&&&&and call him.To my surprise, he merely smiled at us, handed us some cash and said,"&&&&yourself new hamburgers."He then walked&&&&without even finishing his food.He could have made what was already an uncomfortable situation worse,&&&&he chose a different way and gave us a reason to believe that there is still&&&&in this world. I'll never&&&&&his actions.小题1:A.orderedB.madeC.arrangedD.demanded小题2:A.foodB.turnC.billD.menu小题3:A.fixedB.caughtC.cutD.tied小题4:A.byB.inC.fromD.out小题5:A.knockedB.fellC.stoodD.hung小题6:A.takeB.tasteC.makeD.catch小题7:A.discouragedB.disappointedC.shockedD.amazed小题8:A.rolledB.rubbedC.narrowedD.closed小题9:A.bitternessB.anxietyC.angerD.sorrow小题10:A.satisfyB.comfortC.encourageD.praise小题11:A.howB.whoC.whatD.which小题12:A.wellB.honestC.calmD.polite小题13:A.pushedB.approachedC.drewD.laid小题14:A.beatingB.breakingC.sinkingD.shaking小题15:A.helpB.positionC.numberD.job小题16:A.PrepareB.BuyC.FindD.Cook小题17:A.onB.aroundC.upD.away小题18:A.soB.sinceC.althoughD.but小题19:A.kindnessB.happinessC.politenessD.brightness小题20:A.forgetB.refuseC.followD.replace
Picture a library without books? Well, I can’t. Ever since I was little I would go to the library and take out numerous books. From picture books to beginning chapter books to YA books, books have always been a part of my life. Unlike many people today, I don't own a Kindle or a Nook or any type of e-reader. I prefer the old-fashioned book. There is something about holding a book and being able to turn the pages that I find comforting. In today's 21st century, books may become obsolete. For me that's something I find scary. I am a fan of the old TV science-fiction series Twilight Zone. One episode(一段情节)is about a librarian who has become obsolete. Though this episode aired in 1961, the writer of the series, Rod Serling was exactly on point when it came to predicting the future. In fact, in San Antonio, Texas the first-ever bookless library in the country opened. The library is full of iMacs, tablets and iPads which cost a huge $2. 3 million. The library offers around 10,000 e-books. So the question is, is this what the future will soon be? Mary Graham, vice president of South Carolina's Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce states, "This is the future…If you're going to be building new library facilities, this is what you need to be doing." It is our generation that will be the guinea pigs(试验品)of increasing technology like this. Is this a good or bad thing? Well, digital libraries may help the environmen however, I feel like something will always be lacking with a digital book. A digital library is just the beginning. With all of this new technology, people seem to be more absorbed in their own world. One of my biggest complaints is when I am with my friends and they can't seem to get off their smart phone and talk to me. To make plans with a friend and then have them stuck on their phone the whole time is extremely rude. Not only is it disrespectful, but it reflects the direction of where human interactions are heading. Though social media is great, it also is addicting and has negative effects. Often when I go on Facebook it just makes me feel worse about myself. I'll see many of my 800 Facebook friends showing off their newest accomplishment or acceptance to college. Additionally, our society is becoming increasingly lazy. For instance, instead of doing mental math, people use their phone to solve 89 + 74. It is simple tasks like these that are allowing people to lack important educational and social skills.
It is up to us to find a balance between technology and human values and interactions. With new technology being created every day, we need to learn how to use it alongside our great minds. After all, inventions are supposed to benefit society not harm it. In the day of technology, who knows what's next?小题1:The underlined word "obsolete" (Paragraph l)is closest in meaning to&&&&&.A.outdatedB.complexC.expensive D.meaningless小题2:What can we infer from the underlined sentence in Paragraph 2_______?A.The episode still enjoys great popularity nowadays.B.Rod Serling liked making predictions about the future.C.The situation of books today is similar to what Rod Serling predicted in the episode.D.The episode airing in 1961 was the most entertaining of the TV science-fiction series.小题3:What can we learn about the library in San Antonio, Texas?A.It is the first-ever library in America.B.It is of no practical use although it costs so much.C.It holds an exhibition of much electronic equipment.D.People can read e-books there with the help of the new facilities.小题4:Which of the following will the writer probably disagree with_______?A.Great as social media is, it does have some negative effects. B.With the increasing use of social media, something will actually be lost. C.Through social media, people can develop educational and social skills around. D.As a result of social media, people may communicate less with the people around.小题5:The tone of the passage is best described as&&&&&&&.A.OptimisticB.SkepticalC.SupportiveD.Objective
British Broadcasting Corporation(the BBC) was founded in 1922, including radio and television services. It is based at Broadcasting House in London.The BBC is controlled by some governors chosen by the government, but these people have complete freedom and government can’t interfere. That is, the BBC is not the mouthpiece (喉舌) of the government. It has to be as fair as possible in giving radio and television time to, for example, political parties and religious groups.There is a kind of interesting services in Britain- rental (租借) services. Many people prefer to rent their television sets instead of buying them. The rent for a black and white set is about 80 pence a week. The rent of a color set is more than twice that of a black and white set. If the sets go wrong, people can have them repaired free of charge or replace immediately.Everyone who owns or rents a television set has to pay a yearly licence, there is no advertising on BBC radio or television. It is from the sale of licence that the BBC gets most of its money. A licence for a black and white set costs 8 pounds, and for a color set 18 pounds a year.There are four specialized radio channels, which broadcast different kinds of programmes. Radio I is mainly pop music. Radio 2 deals with light music, sports and other programmes. Radio 3 broadcasts serious music, talks on serious subjects etc. News broadcasts are mainly given by Radio 4. There are special programmes for Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and certain parts of England. It also broadcasts programmes about Britain - in many different languages as well as in English to all parts of the world.小题1:The BBC Broadcasting House lies in ______.A.ScotlandB.England C.WalesD.Northern Ireland小题2:How much should you pay if you rent a color TV set and use it for a year?A.More than 100 poundsB.About 37 poundsC.About 83 poundsD.18 pounds小题3:The BBC gets most of its money ______.A.from the governmentB.from rental servicesC.by selling licencesD.by advertising小题4:Which of the following is true?A.You can listen to classical music from Radio 1.B.If you rent a TV set and there is something wrong with it, you should fix it with your own money.C.The BBC special programmes are not only for different areas in its own country but also for foreign countries.D.The BBC broadcasts to foreign countries only in English
题型:完形填空
Just like a boxer, we , too come face to face with many opponents on the stage of life—problems and difficulties. The bad news is that we don’t really know when our&&&&&&&&&&&with these opponents occur. Here are several reasons why you should &&&&&&&yourself for success like a champion boxer!You don’t practice on the stage, that’s where your skills and your abilities are&&&&&&. This also means that you don’t &&&&&&solving problems and developing yourself when &&&&&&occur, you prepare yourself to face them long &&&&&&you actually face them.If you are talented, you probably need less &&&&&&and training time in facing life’s challenges. Actually, for people who are born with&&&&, training and learning becomes even more important.&&&&&the lazy person’s motto: “If it isn’t broken, why fix it?” Why wait for your roof to leak in the &&&&&&season when you can fix it right away. Act&&&&&.Training enables you to gain intuition(直觉 )and reaction. With &&&&&&&practice and training, you build up your body, your mind and your heart and gain the intuition and reaction of a (n)&&&&&.The same thing is true in life. Without training, you will&&&&&. Without training, you will not be able to &&&&&&how your enemy will hit you. Keep in mind that training is born out of discipline and &&&&&. Even if you meet with some setbacks in your training process,&&&&&you keep at it and are confident, you will soon see &&&&&in your life and when problems come, you will be like the champion&&&&&&&&&who stands tall and fights until the final round is over and you’re&&&&&as the champion!小题1:A.friendshipsB.championshipsC.programsD.matches小题2:A.trainB.offerC.show D.bring小题3:A.appreciatedB.sharedC.evaluatedD.promoted小题4:A.finishB.startC.enjoyD.practice小题5:A.chancesB.problemsC.occasionsD.dangers小题6:A.beforeB.afterC.asD.since小题7:A.considerationB.attentionC.preparationD.instruction小题8:A.diseaseB.ambitionC.talentD.belief小题9:A.UnderstandB.AbandonC.CondemnD.Remember小题10:A.cloudy B.windyC.sunnyD.rainy小题11:A.on timeB.at timesC.right awayD.at last小题12:A.constantB.real C.stableD.quick小题13:A.enemyB.championC.opponentD.coach小题14:A.mix upB.mess upC.stand outD.break out小题15:A.checkB.proveC.handleD.predict小题16:A.confidenceB.experienceC.performanceD.improvement小题17:A.beforeB.unlessC.untilD.if小题18:A.exchangesB.resultsC.setbacksD.disadvantages小题19:A.judgeB.swimmerC.boxerD.runner小题20:A.claimedB.calledC.announcedD.elected
You may not pay much attention to your daily elevator ride. Many of us use a lift several times during the day without really thinking about it. But Lee Gray, PhD of the University of North Carolina, US, has made it his business to examine this overlooked form of public transport. He is known as the “Elevator Guy”.“The lift becomes this interesting social space where etiquette (礼仪) is sort of odd (奇怪的),” Gray told the BBC. “Elevators are socially very interesting but often very awkward (尴尬的) places.”We walk in and usually turn around to face the door. If someone else comes in, we may have to move. And here, according to Gray, lift users unthinkingly go through a set pattern of movements. He told the BBC what he had observed.He explained that when you are the only one inside a lift, you can do whatever you want – it’s your own little box.If there are two of you, you go into different corners, standing diagonally (对角线地) across from each other to create distance.When a third person enters, you will unconsciously form a triangle(三角形). And when there is a fourth person it becomes a square, with someone in every corner. A fifth person is probably going to have to stand in the middle.New entrants to the lift will need to size up the situation when the doors slide open and then act according to their decisions. Once in, for most people the rule is simple – look down, or look at your phone.Why are we so awkward in lifts?“You don’t have enough space,” Professor Babette Renneberg, a clinical psychologist at the Free University of Berlin, told the BBC. “Usually when we meet other people, we have about an arm’s length of distance between us. And that’s not possible in most elevators.”In such a small, enclosed space it becomes very important to act in a way that cannot be understood as threatening or odd. “The easiest way to do this is to avoid eye contact(接触) ,” she said.小题1:According to Gray, when people enter an elevator, they usually _____.A.turn around and greet one anotherB.look around or examine their phoneC.try to keep a distance from other peopleD.make eye contact with those in the elevator小题2:Which of the following describes how people usually stand when there are at least two people in an elevator? (The point in the chart refers to one person.)小题3:The underlined phrase “size up” in Paragraph 7 is closest in meaning to _____.A.ignoreB.judgeC.put up withD.make the best of小题4:According to the article, people feel awkward in lifts because of _____.A.the lack of spaceB.someone’s odd behaviorsC.their unfamiliarity with one anotherD.their eye contact with one another
His ignorance was as remarkable as his knowledge. Of contemporary literature, philosophy and politics he appeared to know next to nothing. Upon my quoting Thomas Carlyle, he inquired in the naivest way who he might be and what he had done. My surprise reached a climax, however, when I found incidentally that he was ignorant of the Copernican Theory and of the composition of the Solar system. “You appear to be astonished, ” Holmes said, smiling at my expression. “Now that I do know it I shall do my best to forget it. You see, I consider that a man’s brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose: A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has difficulty in laying his hand upon it. It is a mistake to think that the little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it, there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you know before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.” “But the Solar System! ” I protested. “What the deuce is it to me?” he interrupted impatiently. One morning, I picked up a magazine from the table and attempted to while away the time with it, while my companion munched silently at his toast. One of the articles had a pencil mark at the heading, and I naturally began to run my eye through it. Its somewhat ambitious title was “The Book of Life, ” and it attempted to show how much an observant man might learn by an accurate and systematic examination of all that came in his way. It struck me as being a remarkable mixture of shrewdness and of absurdity. The reasoning was close and intense, but the deduction appeared to me to be far-fetched and exaggerated. The writer claimed by a momentary expression, a twitch of a muscle or a glance of an eye, to fathom a man’s inmost thought. Deceit, according to him, was impossibility in the case of one trained to observation and analysis. His conclusions were as infallible as so many propositions of Euclid. So startling would his results appear to the uninitiated that until they learned the processes by which he had arrived at them they might well consider him as a necromancer. “From a drop of water, ”said the writer, “a logician could infer the possibility of an Atlantic. So all life is a great chain, the nature of which is known whenever we are shown a single link of it. Like all other arts, the science of Deduction and Analysis is one which can be acquired by long and patient study, nor is life long enough to allow any mortal to attain the highest possible perfection in it. ” This smartly written piece of theory I could not accept until a succession of evidences justified it.小题1: What is the author’s attitude toward Holmes?[A]Praising.[B]Critical.[C]Ironical.[D]Distaste.小题2: What way did the author take to stick out Holmes’ uniqueness?[A]By deduction.[B]By explanation.[C]By contrast.[D]By analysis.小题3: What was the Holmes’ idea about knowledge-learning?[A]Learning what every body learned.[B]Learning what was useful to you.[C]Learning whatever you came across.[D]Learning what was different to you.小题4: What did the article mentioned in the passage talk about?[A]One may master the way of reasoning through observation.[B]One may become rather critical through observation and analysis.[C]One may become rather sharp through observation and analysis.[D]One may become practical through observation and analysis.Vocabulary1.Thomas Carlyle &&&&&托马斯?卡莱尔 美国作家、历史家、哲学家2.jumble (up) &&&&&搞乱,使混乱3.lay hand on (upon) sth. &抓住,找到4.at best &&&&&&&&&最好的情况下5.elbow out (off) &&&&&用胳膊肘挤出,推出6.deuce =" devil" &&&&&what the deuce is it to me? &&这里表示福尔摩斯的厌恶心理。义:这倒霉的词儿与我有什么关系?&&&&&&7.while away the time &&&&&消磨/打发时间8.shrewdness &&&&&机敏,敏锐,犀利9.far-fetched &&&&&牵强附会,不自然10.fathom &&&&&&&&看穿/透,推测,探索11.infallible &&&&&一贯正确12.uninitiated &&&&对某事无知的13.Euclid &&&&&&&欧几里德(古希腊数学家)14.necromancer &&&&巫师
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 杭州市专治腰椎病医院 的文章

随机推荐