she beganhow to grow old 翻译whatever she liked

英语小短文(必带翻译)_百度知道
英语小短文(必带翻译)
英文用B5纸打占1/3,(必带翻译)(必带翻译)(必带翻译)(必带翻译)(必带翻译)(必带翻译)(必带翻译)(必带翻译)
提问者采纳
属于我们的2008, belong to Peking, belong to our 2008, saying loudly.Innocent child,我们生活在这样愉悦的环境下, I will use the most sincere voice,属于中国。奥运会的吉祥物“福娃”也正代表了我们这群幸福的, we are living under the environment that dulcify thus, everybody is a happy child,我将用最真诚的声音,大声说: “祝福你.The mascot&quotChina is an everyone&#39: &quot。身为中华民族的一份子;s Bless you, belong to China,每个人都是幸福的孩子; the FU WA& of the Olympic game also just represen中国是一个和谐的大家庭!&quot.天真的孩子,属于北京.
Be a member of the Chinese nation
其他类似问题
157人觉得有用
为您推荐:
其他3条回答
Whatever Will Be, Will Be
When I was just a little girl,
I asked my mother,
&What will I be?
Will I be pretty?
Will I be rich?&
Here\'s what she said to me:
&Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be,
The future\'s not ours to see.
Que sera, sera,
What will be, will be.&
When I grew up and fell in love.
I asked my sweetheart,
&What lies ahead?
Will we have rainbows
Day after day?&
Here\'s what my sweetheart said:
&Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be,
The future\'s not ours to see.
Que sera, sera,
What will be, will be.&
Now I have Children of my own.
They ask their mother,
&What will I be?&
Will I be ha...
参考资料:
English hits with the B5 paper occupies 1/3, (to have to bringtranslation) (Must bring translation) (Must bring translation) (Must bring translation) (Must bring translation) (Must bring translation) (Must bring translation) (Must bring translation)
英语小短文的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:2010年甘肃省武威十六中高二上学期期中考试英语卷
题型:完型填空
One day last month after I received my salary, I went shopping with my little son. &21 &&in the &22 &&store, I had my pocket &23&&and my whole salary was gone with it. I was so angry that I almost lost &24&&of myself. What could I do? We were not very rich. The money was really not a small sum for my family. It would& 25&&our life greatly. How could I tell my wife?I felt very sad and even &26&&for losing the money then I got home. To make up for my&27&& mistake, I gathered all my strength to give our house a thorough cleaning and then prepared a wonderful meal and cooked a special dish my wife loved to &28 &&her.When she came home, I &29 &&a smile to 30 &&her. She was &31 &&to see the neat house and delicious meal. We sat at the table and began to eat. I told my story &&32 &&. She did not&33 &&.It was as if she had not heard my words.“I’ve lost my salary,” I murmured to her again.“I see,” she did not shout at me as I had&&34 &&. She didn’t lose her&&35 &&. So I was afraid she was trying hard to&&36&&her anger.A moment later, my wife was still &37 &&and seemed to be enjoying her favourite dish. At last I could not keep asking, “I’ve lost the money. Why not shout at me?”She&&38 &&her eyes, looking at me and said, “oh, on the contrary, I’m thinking about how to&&39&&you. It’s&&40&&who is to blame.【小题1】A.FortunatelyB.Unfortunately C.HoweverD.Surprisingly【小题2】A.bigB.modernC.crowdedD.new【小题3】A.robbedB.stolen C.pickedD.harmed【小题4】A.controlB.heart C.interestD.patience【小题5】A.offerB.affectC.pleaseD.improve【小题6】A.worried B.sorrowC.ashamedD.guilty【小题7】A.carelessB.unforgivableC.importantD.big[【小题8】A.tell B.giveC.pleaseD.surprise【小题9】A.madeB.forcedC.pretended D.gave【小题10】A.meetB.greet C.receiveD.accept【小题11】A.gladB.surprisedC.pleasedD.angry【小题12】A.nervouslyB.gladlyC.extremely D.calmly【小题13】A.respondB.answerC.hearD.shout【小题14】A.wished B.expectedC.hopedD.wanted【小题15】A.wayB.interestC.controlD.temper【小题16】A.hideB.expressC.takeD.show【小题17】A.sadB.silent C.happyD.worried【小题18】A.opened B.closedC.raisedD.shut【小题19】A.shout atB.beatC.thank D.comfort【小题20】A.youB.the thiefC.the policemanD.your wife
来源:2010年高考英语试题分类汇编——故事类阅读理解
题型:阅读理解
第三部分:阅读理解(共两节,40分)第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,共30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Goldie's Secret She turned up at the doorstep of my house in Cornwall. No way could I have sent her away. No way, not me anyway. Maybe someone had kicked her out of their car the night before. "We're moving house.'; "No space for her any more with the baby coming." "We never really wanted her, but what could we have done? She was a present." People find all sorts of excuses for abandoning an animal. And she was one of the most beautiful dogs I had ever seen. I called her Goldie. If I had known what was going to happen I would have givenher a more creative name. She was so unsettled during those first few days. She hardly ate anything and had such an air of sadness about her. There was nothing I could do to make her happy, it seemed. Heaven knows what had happened to her at her previous owner's. But eventually at the end of the first week she calmed down. Always by my side, whether we were out on one of our long walks or sitting by the fire. That's why it was such a shock when she pulled away from me one day when we were out for a walk. We were a long way from home, when she started barking and getting very restless. Eventually I couldn't hold her any longer and she raced off down the road towards a farmhouse in the distance as fast as she could. By the time I reached the farm I was very tired and upset with Goldie. But when I saw her licking (舔) the four puppies (幼犬) I started to feel sympathy towards them. "We didn't know what had happened to her," said the woman at the door. "I took her for a walk one day, soon after the puppies were born, and she just disappeared." "She must have tried to come back to them and got lost," added a boy from behind her. ' I must admit I do miss Goldie, but I've got Nugget now, and she looks just like her mother. And I've learnt a good lesson: not to judge people.1. How did the author feel about Goldie when Goldie came to the house? A. Shocked.&&&&&&&&& B. Sympathetic.&&& C. Annoyed.&&&&& D. Upset.2. In her first few days at the author's house, Goldie____________. AI felt worried&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. was angry C. ate a little&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sat by the fire3. Goldie rushed off to a farmhouse one day because she&&&&&& . A. saw her puppies&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. heard familiar barkings C. wanted to leave the author&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. found her way to her old home4. The passage is organized in order of____________.
A. time&&&&&&&&&&&& B. effectiveness&&& C. importance&&&& D. complexity
来源:2013届四川省射洪县射洪中学高三零诊英语试卷(带解析)
BEIJING--Alarmed by the overreaching ambitions of many Chinese provinces to grow at all costs, China’s top economic chief is calling on officials to calm down and spare a thought for the environment.Zhang Ping, who heads China’s National Development and Reform Commission, the central economic planning agency, said only five or six of China’s 30 provinces are targeting annual economic growth of 8 percent or 9 percent.The remaining provinces are aiming for growth rates of more than 10 percent this year, with some wanting to double economic output in the coming five years.“China has a planned energy supply of about 4 billion cubic tons of coal equivalent(等量的)for the next five years, and this is not enough to meet demands for economic growth to double,” he was quoted as saying on the news portal Sina.Com.Beijing is increasingly concerned with the ambitions of Chinese provinces across the country to chase high growth despite the central government’s urgent request for a more moderate and sustainable(可持续的)pace of expansion.Years of rapid economic growth has taken a toll on China’s environment, with Beijing trying to remove some of the damage now.It has an annual growth target of 7 percent for the next five years, well down from last year’s 10 percent.Zhang said Beijing has asked local governments to take into account the supply of “energy, environment, water and land” to set more reasonable growth targets.【小题1】Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?A.Many Chinese provinces are alarmed by Beijing.B.Zhang Ping is an expert and economic chief from www. .C.The supply of the coal in China is not sufficient(足够的) for the next five years.D.Few Chinese provinces are aiming for economic growth rates of less than 10%.【小题2】The underlined phrase “taken a toll on” in the sixth paragraph means “_________”.A.looked forward toB.paid attention toC.caused damage toD.attached importance to【小题3】The general idea of the whole passage can be that ________.A.China’s economy is developingB.China’s top chief places more emphasis on the environmentC.all Chinese provinces should slow down their economic growth ratesD.economic high growth should go hand in hand with environmental protection【小题4】What could be the best title for the news?A.Economic DevelopmentB.Energy Supply C.Sustainable DevelopmentD.Environment protection
来源:学年辽宁省高三上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
Have you ever picked a job based on the fact that you
were good at it but later found it made you feel very uncomfortable over time?
When you select your career, there's a whole lot more to it than assessing your
skills and matching them with a particular position. If you ignore your
personality, it will hurt you long-term regardless of your skills or the job’s
pay. There are several areas of your personality that you need to consider to
help you find a good job. Here are a few&&
1) Do you prefer working alone or with other people?
There are isolating jobs that will drive an outgoing
person crazy and also interactive jobs that will make a shy person uneasy. Most
people are not extremes in either direction but do have a tendency that they
prefer. There are also positions that are sometimes a combination of the two,
which may be best for someone in the middle who adapts easily to either
situation.
2) How do you handle change?
Most jobs these days have some elements of change to
them, but some are more than others. If you need stability in your life,
you may need a job where the changes don’t happen so often. Other people would
be bored of the same daily routine.
3) Do you enjoy working with computers?
I do see this as a kind of personality characteristic.
There are people who are happy to spend more than 40 hours a week on a
computer, while there are others who need a lot of human interaction throughout
the day. Again, these are extremes and you'll likely find a lot of positions
somewhere in the middle as well.
4) What type of work environment do you enjoy?
This can range from being in a large building with a
lot of people you won’t know immediately to a smaller setting where you'll get
to know almost all the people there fairly quickly.
5) How do you like to get paid?
Some people are motivated by the pay they get, while
others feel too stressed to be like that. The variety of payment designs in the
sales industry is a typical example for this.
Anyway, these are a great starting point for you. I've
seen it over and over again with people that they make more money over time
when they do something they love. It may take you a little longer, but making a
move to do what you have a passion for can change the course of your life for
the better.
1.What
is unnecessary in your job hunting?
A.Assessing your skills
B.Taking your personality
into consideration
C.Matching your skills with
a position
D.Going to different areas
Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Isolating usually drive people mad.&&&&&&&
B. Interactive jobs make people shy easily.
C. Extreme people tend to work with others.
D. Almost everyone has a tendency in jobs.
3.The
underlined word “stability” in the passage most probably means?
A.no anger.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.&
no movement.&&&&&&&&&&&& C.
gentleness.&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
enthusiasm.
What could be the best title for this passage?
A. Lifestyles and Job Pay&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
Personalities and Jobs
C. Job Skills and Abilities&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
Jobs and Environment
来源:江苏省盐城中学2010届高三上学期期中考试英语试题
CIf you’re in charge of a project, the key to success is getting everyone to want to help you. As a director, I suggest, I gently push the actors in the direction I want them to go.In the 1986 movie Nothing in Common, Jackie Gleason’s character, Max Basner, gets fired from his job as a clothing salesman. The scene, shot on a boat, shows Max’s hopelessness about being out of work. I was looking for some ways that would allow Max to show his feelings.Jackie had far more experience at everything than I did, and at first I was frightened. What could I possibly tell “The Great One” about acting? Out of fear I decided to direct by suggestion, and I sat down with Gleason to talk about the scene.“So Max is sad, right?” I said.Gleason nodded.“And he’s probably still carrying his pens with his name on them-the ones he used to hand out to his customers, right?”Gleason nodded.“So what would you want to do with the pens after you were fired?”He was silent for a moment. “Why don’t I throw them overboard?”I stood up and turned toward the crew. “Hey, everybody, Jackie has a wonderful idea. Let’s shoot it.”After filming the scene, Gleason called me over and said with a smile, “Garry, what kind of wonderful idea am I going to have tomorrow?”You and your team can discover the answers to problems tighter. When there are no prizes or gold stars for those who get the solution first, you’ll all benefit when everything turns out right.63. The writer tells us that, to succeed in the project you are in charge of, you should _______. A. make everyone work for you&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. get everyone willing to help you C. let people know you have the final say&&&D. keep giving orders to everyone64. From the passage we can know _________. A. Jackie Gleason is the director of the film Nothing in Common B. Jackie Gleason is very angry when he is fired from his job C. Max, a character in the film, is in very low spirits when he loses his job D. Jackie Gleason writes the play of the film Nothing in Common65. The underlined part “The Great One” (in Paragraph 3) refers to __________. A. Gleason&&&&& B. the director himself&&&&&& C. Max&&&&&&&& D. Max’s boss66. Why did Gleason call the director over and smile at him? A. Gleason thought his wonderful idea was accepted by the director. B. Gleason succeeded in hitting upon a wonderful idea. C. Gleason was confident about his work the next day. D. Gleason appreciated the director’s way of directing films.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!浙江省余姚市低塘初级中学2014届九年级上学期竞赛辅导测试英语试题_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
浙江省余姚市低塘初级中学2014届九年级上学期竞赛辅导测试英语试题
上传于||文档简介
&&21届​九​年​级​上​学​期​竞​赛​辅​导​测​试​英​语​试​题
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩7页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢B状语从句中take需要宾语,应用代词引导从句。C项应该是no matter what。
请在这里输入关键词:
The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn’t know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being.
She said, “Hi, girl! My name is Rose. I’m 87 years old. Can I give you a hug?”
I laughed and enthusiastically(热情地)responded, “Of course you may!” and she gave me a giant squeeze.
&& “Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?” I asked. She jokingly replied, “I’m here to meet a rich husband, get married, have a couple of children, and then retire and travel!”
&“No seriously,” I said. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.
&“I always dreamed of having a college education and now I’m getting one!” she told me.
Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went. She loved to dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up.
At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I’ll never forget what she taught us.
&“We do not stop playin we grow old because we stop playing. There are only two secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor everyday. You’ve got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die!” she said.
&“There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don’t do one productive thing, you will turn 20 years older. If I am 87 years old, and stay in bed for a year, and never do anything, I will turn 88. Anybody can grow older. But every minute counts for young men,” she added.
&“The idea is to grow up by always finding the opportunity in change. Have no regrets. The elderly usually don’t have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets.”
She concluded her speech by courageously singing “The Song of Rose”. She challenged each of us to study the lyrics(歌词)and live them out in our daily lives.
At the year’s end, Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago. One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.
4. Rose made herself known to the author in a ______ manner.
A. serious&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cold&&&&&&&&&& C. humorous&&&&&&&&& D. crazy
5. From the information provided in the passage, we know ______.
A. Rose finished the college degree within a year
B. Rose did realize her dream of meeting a rich husband and getting married through college education
C. Rose enjoyed her campus life very much
D. Rose grew so old that she stopped playing
6. Rose delivered the speech ______.
A. at the graduation&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. which she prepared carefully
C. ended with “The Song of Rose”&&&&&&&&&&&& D. to challenge all the other speakers
7. According to her speech, ______.
A. whenever you have a dream, you succeed&
B. all people don’t grow up while growing older
C. Rose usually regretted having done something
D. a nine-year-old is as old as a 87-year-old if he doesn’t do anything
来源:学年四川省高三2月月考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
Growing older is unavoidable while growing up is
optional. These words have been passed on in the loving __ of Rose.
On the first day of school our professor challenged us
to get to know someone, so I& __ to find a little old lady looking at me
with a smile. She said, &Hi,handsome! My name is Rose. I'm
eighty-seven years old. Can I give you a _? & I laughed and _ responded,
then followed a giant squeeze. “_ are you in college at such an innocent age?”
I asked. &I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, have a couple of
kids...& I was __ what it was that motivated her to be taking on this _ at
her age. “ I always dreamed of having a college education and now I _ it!”
Later, we became friends.
Rose became a campus celebrity and she easily made
friends _ she went. On one _ Rose was invited to speak at our football banquet.
Her prepared cards dropped before she _ the speech. A little _ , she simply _
her throat and began,& We do not stop playing _ we grow old
because we stop playing. There are certain secrets to stay _ , being happy and
achieving success. You've got to have a dream. When you _ your dreams, you
die.”…
At the end of the year Rose finished her college
education. One week after graduation Rose died _ in her sleep. Over two
thousand college students _ her funeral in honor of the wonderful woman who taught
by __ that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.
Anybody can grow older, which doesn't _ any talent or
ability. The key is to grow up by always finding opportunities in change.
1.A.& care B.&&&&& memory&&& C.&&&&& need&&&&&&&& D.&&&&& want
2.A.& turned up B.&&&&& turned
over&&&&& C.&&&&& turned
around& D.&&&&& turned away
3.A.& hug&& B.&&&&& kiss&& C.&&&&& hand&&&&&&&&& D.&&&&& gift
4.A.& annoyingly&&&&&&&& B.&&&&& impatiently&&&&&&& C.&&&&& absently&&& D.&&&&& enthusiastically
5.A.& Who B.&&&&& Why C.&&&&& How D.&&&&& When
6.A.& curious&&&& B.&&&&& positive&&&& C.&&&&& obvious&&&& D.&&&&& convinced
7.A.& risk&& B.&&&&& opportunity&&&&&& C.&&&&& challenge D.&&&&& invitation
8.A.& like&& B.&& take& C.&&&&& hold D.&&&&& make
9.A.& however&& B.&&&&& whenever&&&&&&&&& C.&&&&& wherever D.&&&&& whatever
10.A.&&&&&&&& stage&&&&&&&& B.&&&&& occasion&& C.&&&&& time D.&&&&& event
11.A.&&&&&&&& remembered&&& B.&&&&& continued&&&&&&&&& C.&&&&& delivered D.&&&&& wrote
12.A.&&&&&&&& delighted& B.&&&&& embarrassed&&&& C.&&&&& fascinated&&&&&&&&& D.&&&&& frightened
13.A.&&&&&&&& cleared&&&& B.&&&&& checked&& C.&&&&& cleaned&&& D.&&&&& treated
14.A.&&&&&&&& until B.&&&&& before&&&&& C.&&&&& when&&&&&&&& D.&&&&& because
15.A.&&&&&&&& energetic B.&&&&& young&&&&&&& C.&&&&& alive D.&&&&& healthy
16.A.&&&&&&&& lose& B.&&&&& realize&&&&&& C.&&&&& pursue&&&&& D.&&&&& obtain
17.A.&&&&&&&& secretly&&& B.&&&&& sadly&&&&&&&&& C.&&&&& peacefully&&&&&&&& D.&&&&& bitterly
18.A. joined&&&&& B.&&&&& ignored&&&& C.&&&&& cancelled D.&&&&& attended
19.A. example& B.&&&&& directions C.&&&&& speech&&&&& D.&&&&& personality
20.A.&&&&&&&& gain& B.&&&&& explore&&&& C.&&&&& take& D.&&&&& appeal
来源:2010届福建省三明市高三第一学期期末考试
题型:完形填空
III.完形填空(共20小题:每小题1 5分,满分30分)
&&& 请阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项的涂黑。
&&& One day I took my son to
the doctor’s for a physical examination and being flu season there were several
children there with physical and mental disabilities.Right& 36& from us
was a man with his son in a wheel chaff.The chair secured the boy who probably couldn’t sit up on his own.They boy&& 37&
very slowly and was severely mentally and physically challenged.But his eyes& 38& &up
when I asked the daddy if I could& 39&& my son to him.Jeremy had been& 40&
him and told me he couldn’t talk so I asked the dad if we could& 41&
him.The dad
seemed&&& 42& too so I crossed the room to sit down right
by him and asked the boy his& 43& .He said,“Ten”I said,“Hi,Tim,
this is Jeremy.”Then
I asked,“How old
are you,Tim?”He
said,“Ten.”While I talked with him I
rubbed his leg&& 44& and I could see he was trying to put
his&&&&& 45&& out for me to grab it.The conversation was short
but&& 46& .The nurse then called them in and the dad& 47& me and we
said goodbye.
& &&&& On the way
home,I was able to
explain to Jeremy that Tim has&&& 48& just like any kid who
wants to& 49& .He wants to have friends and experience life and love his family.He doesn’t want to be laughed
at or pointed at just& 50& he is different.I don’t know if it made a(n)&
51& on Jeremy that day,but I feel that it did.We will&& 52& &to speak with whoever
comes along our path no matter how&& 53& they ale from us.Teaching our children not to stare
is probably& 54& .But teaching them to shale a&& 55& with people
who ale different is truly remarkable !
36.A.opposite&&&
&&& B.above&&& &&&&&&&& C.among &&&& D.across
37.A.spoke&&&
&&&&&&&&& B.walked&&& &&&&&& C.ate && D.looked
38.A.came&&&
B.got&&&
&&&& C.1it &&& D.pulled
39.A.point&&&
& B.1ead&&&
& C.take
D.introduce
40.A.running
after&&& &&&& B.1aughing at&&& &&&&&&& C.staring at &&&&&&&& D.looking after
41.A.meet&&&
B.check&&&
C.cheer &&&&&&& D.help
42.A.interested&&&
B.happy&&&
&&&&&&&& C.surprised
43.A.condition&&&
&& B.problem&&&
&&&& C.age & D.name
44.A.joyfully&&&
&&&&&&& B.heavily&&& &&&&&&& C.gently&&&&&&&& D.eagerly
45.A.hand&&&
& B.foot&&&
&&& C.1eg & D.head
46.A.simple&&&
&&&&&&& B.boring&&& &&&&&&&& C.sweet &&&&&& D.sad
47.A.rewarded&&&
& B.thanked&&&
&&&& C.invited &&&&& D.moved
48.A.troubles&&&
&&&& B.words&&& &&&&&&&& C.ideas &&&&&&& D.feelings
49.A.疗tin&&&
B.standup&&&
&&&& C.go through &&&&&& D.set out
50.A.once&&&
& B.but&&&
&&&& C.because && D.so
51.A.message&&&
&&& B.impression&&& &&&&&&&& C.mark &&&&&&&& D.expression
52.A.decide&&&
&&&&&&& B.prefer&&& &&&&&&&& C.continue & D.stop
53.A.ugly&&&
&&& B.beautiful&&& &&& C.far &&& D.different
54.A.impossible&&&
B.normal&&&
&&&&&& C.meaningless &&& D.easy
55.A.viewpoint&&&
& B.toy&&&
&&&& C.conversation && D.1esson
来源:2015届江西省高二上学期第一次月考英语试卷(解析版)
The first day of school our professor introduced
himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I
stood up to look around, when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.
&I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old
lady with a warm smile. She said, &Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm
eighty-seven years old.”
&&Why are you in college at such a young
age?& I asked. She replied, &I'm here to meet a rich husband, get
married, have a couple of kids and then retire(退休) and
travel...&&
&I knew she was joking. I was curious what might
have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.
&I always dreamed of having a college education
and now I'm getting one!& she told me.&
We became friends. Every day we would talk nonstop
after class. I was always interested in listening to this &time
machine& as she shared her wisdom and experience with me. And Rose easily
made friends wherever she went.
At the end of the term we invited Rose to make a
little speech. She cleared her throat and began, &We do not stop playing
we grow old because we stop playing. I’ve learned a few
secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh
and find humor every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your
dreams, you die.”
“There is a huge difference between growing older and
growing up. Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability.
The idea is to grow up by always finding the opportunity in change.
“Have no regrets. The elderly usually don't have
regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do……&
1.When the writer and Rose first met, they began their
talk in a_______ way.
A. serious&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
polite &&&&& C.
formal&&&&&& &&&&&& D.
humorous
2.Which of the following has the similar meaning to
the underlined word “motivated” in the fourth paragraph?
A. encouraged&&&& &&&&&&&&& B.
persuaded&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.
taught&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
forced
3.Rose went to college in order to _______.
A. meet a rich husband&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
make new friends&
C. get a college education &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
get a better job
4.The writer considered Roses as a “time machine”
because__________.
A. she always came to class on
time.&&&&&
B. she make friends easily at college.
C. she knew the difference between growing older and
growing up
D. she enjoyed a long life and had lots of wisdom and
experience.
5.From this passage we know Rose believed_________.
A. “The early bird catches the worm”&&
B. “It is never too late to learn”
C. “A bird in the hand is worth two in the
bushes”&
D. “One false step will make a great difference.”
来源:2010年福建省三明市普通高中毕业班质量检查(英语)
The first thing my host father “warmed” me was that almost everyone in America was a big hugger. I didn’t understand what he meant until my first party. Whether they were friends or strangers, teenagers or elders, girls or guys, everyone I met gave me a big hug. However, as time went on, I began to understand America’s hugging culture. When a friend broke up with me, I was sad. When I told my best American friend about it, she said nothing but put her arms around me. Then warmth of the hug was a greater comfort than anything she could have said to me. One winter day I was walking along the street, shivering(颤抖). It was then I saw two women, each holding a paper board, on which there were two words:FREE HUGS. Their were red because of the freezing weather and they were jumping up and down to keep themselves warm. “Hi, girl! Do you want a hug?” One of them asked me. I went up and opened my arms. The hug was short but warm and it took some of the coldness of the day away. After that I became a big hugger myself. One time my host father and I were traveling to another town. When we reached a restaurant where my friend Cindy worked, he stopped the car.“What’ wrong?” I asked.” “Alice, why don’t you go inside and give Cindy a hug?” He suggested. I went into the restaurant, ran straight up to Cindy, and gave her a hug before she realized what was going on. “That was a big surprise! And you got my day sweetie! ” She told me later. A hug is a way to communicate love and care. Do you want a hug? My arms are wide open. 56.The point of the first three paragraphs is to explain&&&&& .A.how body language is more important than actual wordsB.why hugging is so important in American cultureC.how expressing, feelings can be difficult for ChineseD.how the author’s attitude toward hugging culture changed57.We can infer from the passage that the host father&&&&& .A.seldom has has time to spend with the authorB.often shares his experience with the authorC.warns the author of the possible dangerD.teachers the author to show her care for her friends58.According the passage, a hug can make us feelA.comforted, loved and cared for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.happy, understood and amazed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.excited, wise and surprised &&& D.cared for, wise and happy
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 how to grow a planet 的文章

随机推荐