七年级英语短文填空空题,共10小题,谢谢

当前位置:
>>>第二节:语法填空(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)阅读下面短文..
第二节:语法填空(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)阅读下面短文,根据上下文填入适当的词语,或使用括号中的词语的适当形式填空,并将答案填在标号为31-40的相应位置。 In country after country, talk of nonsmokers’ right is in the air. While a majority of countries have taken little or&& 31&& action yet, some 30 nations introduced steps based on the law to control smoking. Many laws have been made in other&& 32&& to help clear the air for nonsmokers, or to cut the quantity of cigarettes.
In some developed countries the quantity of cigarettes has become more or less fixed. However, in many&& 33&& (develop) nations, smoking is seen as a sign of economic progress – and is&& 34& encouraged. As more tobacco companies go international, new markets are sought to gain new&& 35&& in those countries. For example, great efforts are made by the American tobacco industry to sell cigarettes in Middle East and North Africa,&& 36&& sales of tobacco increased by more than 27 percent in 1974.
World government should lead the battle&& 37&& smoking. Limitations on cigarette advertisements, plus health warnings on packages and forbidding public smoking in certain places, are&& 38&& most popular tools used by nations in support of nonsmoker or controlling smoking. But world attention also is being paid to another step which will make the smoker increasingly self-conscious (自觉的) and uncomfortable about his habit. Great efforts should&& 39&& (make) to inform young people especially of the shocking results of taking up the habit. And cigarette price should be raised.
In the long run,&& 40&& is no doubt that everybody would be much better-off if smoking were forbidden altogether, but people are not ready for such strong action.
题型:完形填空难度:偏易来源:不详
31. no& 32. countries/nations &&&&& 33. developing &&&& 34. even / also 35.smokers/ customers 36. where/ whose& 37. against&&&&&
39. be made&&&
40. there&略
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“第二节:语法填空(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)阅读下面短文..”主要考查你对&&听力,语音,直接引语与间接引语,派生法&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
听力语音直接引语与间接引语派生法
听力题解题技巧:&&&&&
1、听前预测:(1)听前集中精力,全身放松,保持最佳的准备状态。(2)认真阅读各个大题说明,以明确测试的内容、播读次数及答题方式。(3)迅速阅读试卷上的文字信息,这些信息与录音材料有着密切的联系,可以提供录音所涉及的中心、时间、地点等。带着这些问题,积极主动地预测,可使自己处于主动地位,做到心中有数。 2、听中要诀:(1)高度重视听好开头的句子或段落,这往往是谈话的中心。(2)要注意整听。听的过程中,遇到个别词没听清(有可能是由于朗读技巧,如连读,弱读等造成的),这很正常,千万不要死死抓住不放,结果因小失大。要知道,几秒钟会读出几十个词语,而声音一旦消失,做题时肯定毫无依根据。正确的做法是毫不迟疑地跳过去,接着往下听,等录音放完后再凭记忆或依据上下文猜测。(3)要留意重音。连贯的句子中,信息词(名词、动词、形容词等)在读的时候往往重读,精力放在这些词上便于把握重点。其实,想把每个词都听清楚是不可能的,也没必要。如下面对话时,只要听清加“′”的词即可。 M:′Where are the boys? W:The boys went to the′concert. M:Went to′what? W:A′concert—they went to a′concert.&(4)适当记些笔记。一边听录音,一边随手记些笔记,特别是其中的数字,如日期、时间、年龄、距离或地点,最好记下来,增大回答问题的准确性。但要注意原则,笔记不能影响听音的继续,也不能繁琐凌乱。可用代号、图形或自己明了的其他方式进行记录,脑笔结合记忆。 3、听后补救:如果某一题没有听懂原文,无法判断正确答案,一不要着急慌张,而不要放弃不答。要根据大脑当时对该部分的声音印象,结合全文,结合题目文字材料,大胆猜测。例如你当时好像听到含有[ɑī]的某个词,这时你就可以想想my,high,fly,sight,five等词的词义,词类是否符合原文语境。总之,三选一意味着你随便猜,也有33%的机率,岂能轻易放过?听力题注意事项:
1、集中精力,放松精神。学生在参加听力测试时要充满信心,稳定情绪,沉着应对,切勿情绪不稳,心神不定,因为它不同于笔试答卷。 2、超前阅读,去同存异。利用答题前的时间和放录音时各小题短暂停顿,可快速浏览所提供选项,注意它们之间的不同之处。 3、静心倾听,快速选择。学生在阅读选项时一听见播放下一题听力材料,须停止阅读,静心倾听录音,立刻进行选择。如果一时选不出,可以根据录音的大概意思,合理推测,注意千万不要为了一个难题而耽误后面的试题。 4、记录要点,有备无患。听对话和短文时最好边听边记,用自己平时最熟悉的标记与符号,简单记录一下重要的信息。这样做有助于听力材料播放完毕后逐个小题的去解答,而且有助于回顾形式完整的对话或短文梗概,以备核对复查。 元音与辅音:(1)元音发音时气流通过口腔时不受受任何阻碍,元音按发音时的嘴唇形状和舌头位置是否改变而分为单元音和双元音。(2)辅音根据声带是否震动分为清辅音和浊辅音。
重读音节和重读闭音节:(1)重读音节指在双音节或多音节词中有一个发音特别响亮的音节,叫重读音节,用重音符号“`”标于相应位置,其他音节为非重读音节,如begin |be'gin|,单音节词作重读处理,但不标重音符号。(2)重读闭音节就是所谓的元音字母不是发它本身的字母音,重读闭音节就是指在一个音节中,以辅音因素结尾的而且是重读音节的音节比如apple划音节就因该是ap/ple前面那个ap是一个音节以辅音因素p结尾就是闭音节。划分音节的方法:
1、元音是构成音节的主体,辅音是音节的分界线。两辅音之间不管有多少个元音,一般都是一个音节。例如:bed 床,bet 打赌,seat 坐位,beat 毒打,beaut 极好的 beau'ty 美。2、两元音字母之间有一个辅音字母时,辅音字母归后一音节。例如:stu'dent 学生,la'bour 劳动。3、有两个辅音字母时,一个辅音字母归前一音节,一个归后一音节。例如:let'ter信,win'ter冬天。4、不能拆分的字母组合按字母组合划分音节。例如:fa'ther父亲,tea'cher 教师。5、音节按读音可以分为开音节和闭音节,开音节又可以分为绝对开音节和相对开音节。&&&& (1)绝对开音节:是指一个元音字母后面没有辅音字母而构成的音节。&&&&&&&& 例如:we, hi, yo-yo&&&& &&&& (2)相对开音节:是指一个元音字母后面有一个辅音字母(除r)之外,最后是一个不发音的e构成的音节。&&&&&&&& 例如:take, make在开音节中,这个元音字母发“字母”本身音。&&&&&&& 例如:hi |hai|, use |ju:z|&&&& (3)闭音节:指元音字母后面有辅音字母(辅音字母r除外)构成的音节。&&&&&&&& 例如:leg, cross&&48个国际音标表:
直接引语:直接引用别人的原话,并在原话前后加引号。     &&& 例:He said:" It is too late."&间接引语:用自己的话转述别人的话,多数以宾语从句的形式构成。     &&& 例:He said it was too late. 直接引语与间接引语的转换:
一、人称代词的变化:&直接引语变间接引语时,人称代词的变化一般规律是:&&&&&&& 第一人称→第三人称;&&&&&&& 第二人称→第一人称;&&&&&&& 第三人称→第三人称。&&&&&&& 简记为“二一、一三、三留”。&例:"I'm thinking of changing my address." he said.&& → He said that he was thinking of changing his address.(I和he指同一个人)&&&&&&&&&&Xiao Ming asked me, "Are you going to the park with us?"&&→ Xiao Ming asked me if I was&going to the park with them.(us与them指相同的人,XiaoMing是其中的一员;me和you指同一个人)&&&&&&&Mr. Li said, "She will attend the meeting."& → Mr. Li saidthatshewouldattendthemeeting.(Mr. Li和she不是同一个人) 但当说话者是第一人称,直接引语中的主语也是第一人称时,不作变化。&&&&&&&&I said to my children, "I will give you some presents on Christmas Day."&&→ I told my children I would give them some presents on Christmas Day. (I为同一说话者)二、时态的变化:直接引语变间接引语时,时态的变化规律是往“过去”相应的时态推移:&&&&&&& 一般现在时→一般过去时,&&&&&&& 一般将来时→过去将来时,&&&&&&& 现在进行时→过去进行时,&&&&&&& 现在完成时→过去完成时,&&&&&&& 一般过去时/过去完成时→过去完成时。 如:My father told me, "He will come back next week."&& → My father told me that he would come back the next week. &&&&&&& She asked me, "Did you finish your homework?"&& → She asked me if I had finished my homework. 注意:直接引语属下列情况时,时态不作变化: 1、直接引语属真理或客观事实时: 如:The teacher said to us, "Light runs much faster than sound."&& → The teacher told us light runs much faster than sound. 2、主句谓语动词是现在或将来某个时态:如:The old man often says, "I joined the Red Army when I was young."&&&→ The old man often says that he joined the Red Army when he was young. 3、直接引语带有具体的过去时间状语时: 如:The politics teacher said to us, "The party was founded in 1921."&& → The politics teacher told us that the party was founded in 1921. 4、直接引语谓语有情态动词:had better,would rather及need,must,oughtto等时:如:He said to me, "I would rather live in the countryside."&& → He told me that he would rather live in the countryside. 5、直接引语为虚拟语气谓语时 e.g.Shesaid,"IwouldbehappyifIwereabird."→ Shesaidthatshewouldbehappyifshewereabird. 三、句型的变化: 直接引语变间接引语时,句型要作适当变化:1、变陈述句为由that引导的从句(that常省略): 如:"I want to improve my English at school," said the child.&& → The child said(that) he wanted to improve his English at school.2、变一般疑问句为由if/whether引导的从句: 如:"Are you sure he will come today?"Jenny asked Helen.&& → Jenny asked Helen if/whether she was sure he would come that day. 3、变选择疑问句为由whether...or.../whether...or not引导的从句: 如:"Is he a director or an actor?" she asked me.&& → She asked me whether he was a director or an actor. 4、变反意问句时,要视说话者的语气而定: (1)表示疑问时,先需去掉后面的反意问句部分,再按一般疑问句变化。 如:"You haven't finished your composition, have you?" the teacher said to me.&& → The teacher asked me if I had finished my composition. (2)表示提醒或警告等特别语气时,先按陈述句变化,再把间接引语前的动词更换为表示相应语气的动词remind,warn等。 如:"You're late for class, aren't you?" the teacher said angrily to me.&& → The teacher warned me that I was late for class. 5、变特殊疑问词开头的问句为原特殊疑问词引导的从句: 如:"When did you come here?" Tom asked Jim.&& → Tom asked Jim when he had gone there. 6、变祈使句为不定式短语,作动词ask,tell,order,beg,request,advise,offer,warn等的宾语补足语,宾语为说话者的对象,选什么动词,视情况而定: 如:The doctor said to the patient, "Don't eat oily food again."&& → The doctor advised the patient not to eat oily food again.7、变感叹句为how或what引出的从句,也可用that引出从句: 如:"How clever a boy he is." the teacher said to the mother.&& → The teacher told the mother how clever a boy he was. 或:The teacher told the mother that he was clever boy. 8、直接引语是多个句子时,按其句型特点,用上面的方法分别处理,并用and连接: 如:Mrs. Smith said, "I don't know the way to the station. How can I get there?"&& → Mrs. Smith said that she didn't know the way to the station and asked me how she could get there. 9、若直接引语是What's the matter?/What has happened?/What's wrong with...? 时,变成间接引语语序不变:如:"What's the matter?" said he.&& → He asked me what was the matter. 直接引语变间接引语词语转化对比:
注意:如果在当时转述别人话,不必要改变时间状语;在原地转述别人的话,也不必改变地点状语,同样,come也不一定要改为go。如:John said just now, "I came here yesterday."&&& →John said just now that he came here yesterday.派生法的概念:
英语构词法中在词根前面加前缀或在词根后面加后缀,从而构成一个与原单词意义相近或截然相反的新词的方法叫作派生法。 派生词的构成:
1、前缀:  除少数前缀外,前缀一般改变单词的意义,不改变词性;后缀一般改变词类,而不引起词义的变化。  (1)表示否定意义的前缀常用的有dis-, il-, im-, in-, ir-, mis-, non-,un-等,在单词的前面加这类前缀常构成与该词意义相反的新词。例如:appear出现→disappear消失  &&&&&&&&&&& correct正确的→incorrect不正确的  &&&&&&&&&&& lead带领→mislead领错  &&&&&&&&&&& stop停下→non-stop不停  (2)表示其他意义的前缀常用的有a-(多构成表语形容词), anti-(反对;抵抗), auto-(自动), co-(共同), en-(使),& inter-(互相), re-(再;又), sub-(下面的;次;小), tele-(强调距离)等。例如:alone 单独的&&&&&&&&&&& antigas 防毒气的  &&&&&&&&&&&&autochart 自动图表  &&&&&&&&&&& cooperate 合作&&&&&&&&&&& enjoy 使高兴  &&&&&&&&&&& internet 互联网&&&&&&&&&&&&reuse 再用  &&&&&&&&&&& subway 地铁&&&&&&&&&&& telephone 电话  2、后缀:  英语单词不仅可以通过加前缀构成新词,也可加后缀构成新词。后缀通常会改变单词的词性,构成意义相近的其他词性;少数后缀还会改变词义,变为与原来词义相反的新词。 (1)构成名词的后缀常用的有-ence,-(e)r/-or(从事某事的人), -ese(某地人),-ess(雌性),-ful(一……),-ian(精通……的人),-ist(专业人员),-ment(性质;状态),-ness(性质;状态),-tion(动作;过程)等。例如:differ不同于→difference区别  &&&&&&&&&&&& write写→writer作家  &&&&&&&&&&&& Japan日本→Japanese日本人  &&&&&&&&&&&&&act表演→actress女演员  &&&&&&&&&&&& mouth口→mouthful一口  &&&&&&&&&&&&&music音乐→musician音乐家  (2)构成动词的后缀常用的有-(e)n(多用于形容词之后),-fy(使……化),-ize(使……成为)。例如:wide→widen加宽  &&&&&&&&&&& beauty→beautify美化  &&&&&&&&&&& pure→purify提纯  &&&&&&&&&&& real→realize意识到  &&&&&&&&&& organ→organize组织  (3)构成形容词的后缀常用的有-al,-able(有能力的),-(a)n(某国人的),-en(多用于表示材料的名词后),-ern(方向的),-ese(某国人的),-ful,-(ic)al,-ish,-ive,-less(表示否定),-like(像……的),-ly,-ous,-some,-y(表示天气)等。例如:nature自然→natural自然的  &&&&&&&&&&& reason道理→reasonable有道理的  &&&&&&&&&&&&America美国→American美国的  &&&&&&&&&&& China中国→Chinese中国人的  &&&&&&&&&&& gold金子→golden金的  &&&&&&&&&&& east东→eastern东方的  &&&&&&&&&&&&child孩子→childish孩子气的  &&&&&&&&&&& snow雪→snowy雪的  (4)构成副词的常用后缀有-ly(主要用于形容词之后表示方式或程度),-ward(s)(主要用于表示方位的词之后表示方向)。例如:angry生气的→angrily生气地  &&&&&&&&&&&&to到→towards朝……,向……   &&&&&&&&&&& east东方→eastward向东  (5)构成数词的后缀有-teen(十几),-ty(几十),-th(构成序数词)。例如:six六→sixteen十六→sixteenth第十六  &&&&&&&&&&& four四→forty四十→fortieth第四十
发现相似题
与“第二节:语法填空(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)阅读下面短文..”考查相似的试题有:
197616238646213651185103181365219511完形填空(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,从每小题所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。This is a photo
my family. This is my father.
2 is 38 years
3 . This is
4 mother. She is not old. She is5
English teacher . This is my brother. 6 name is Li Ming. He is fourteen. He is in
One, Grade Three. He is
8 good student. He
a friend at school. They __10_ in
the same(同样的) class.小题1:A. of
C. at小题2:A. He
C. His小题3:A. young
C. old小题4:A. her
C. my小题5:A. the
C. a小题6:A. He
C. She小题7:A. class
C. school小题8:A. a
C. the小题9:A. is
C. have小题10:A. have
C. are - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:完形填空(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,从每小题所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。This is a photo
2 is 38 years
3 . This is
English teacher . This is my brother. 6 name is Li Ming. He is fourteen. He is in
One, Grade Three. He is
8 good student. He
C. are完形填空(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,从每小题所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。This is a photo
2 is 38 years
3 . This is
One, Grade Three. He is
8 good student. He
C. are科目:最佳答案小题1:A小题2:A小题3:C小题4:C小题5:B小题6:B小题7:B小题8:A小题9:B小题10:C解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心正确教育旗下网站
题号:642482试题类型:完形填空 知识点:可数名词及其单复数,动名词,表语从句,缩写与简写&&更新日期:
II语法填空(共10小题,每题2分,共20分)仔细阅读下面短文,短文中有10个空格。请按照语境以及括号里的具体要求完成语法填空、词形变化等。答案填写在答题卡标号为26—35的对应位置。The holiday’s upon us. After months of study, you have some time to yourself. So, why not read a book? Well, some people will say, ‘Why trouble with books? We have the Internet and 26&&media that offer a lot more 27& (colour) programs. Books are history!”But don’t be fooled. There’s still a lot to be said for reading and reading as widely as possible.One clear reason is that a well-chosen book is a wonderful collection 28&&&&&&words and expressions, so long as you have a good dictionary, of course. Believe me, it’s far easier to get new English words and expressions from a book or article 29& it is from the TV or the Internet.But an even more important point is 30&&books give you something that modern media simply can not: The webpage is always full of pictures and the text is often designed to make it as easy to read as possible.Though “easy” may be welcome, 31 (luck) it’s of little use for any long-time development of reading skills and the general language level. For that, there’s still no substitute(替代品) for a book.But perhaps the best single reason is that simply 32& (choose) what you read and doing it by yourself 33& (mean) that it’s something you do by and for yourself. You can choose what you want to read. It’s hard work,34&&while you are reading, you’ll find that what once 35& (seem) like a duty is now a pleasure.
难易度:容易
必须在注册登录后,才可以查看解析!
橡皮网学生APP下载
拍照搜题,秒出答案!
名校试题,天天更新,免费查看!
可数名词:
是指能以数目来计算,可以分成个体的人或东西;因此它有复数形式,当它的复数形式在句子中作主语时,句子的谓语也应用复数形式。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
可数名词复数的规则变化:&
1.清辅音后读/s/; 2.浊辅音和元音后读/z/;&
map-maps bag-bags car-cars
以s,sh,ch,x等结尾的词
bus-buses watch-watches
以ce,se,ze,(d)ge等结尾 的词 
license-licenses
以辅音字母+y结尾的词  
变y 为i再加es
baby-babies另外: 1)以y 结尾的专有名词,或元音字母+y结尾的名词变复数时,直接加s变复数:  如:two Marys the Henrys&&&&& monkey---monkeys holiday---holidays   比较:层楼:storey---storeys  story---stories 2)以o 结尾的名词,变复数时: a. 加s,如: photo---photos  piano---pianos&b. 加es,如:potato--potatoes tomato--tomatoes c. 均可,如:zero---zeros / zeroes  3)以f或fe 结尾的名词变复数时: a. 加s,如: belief---beliefs roof---roofs&& safe---safes  gulf---gulfs; b. 去f, fe 加ves,如:half---halves knife---knives leaf---leaves wolf---wolves& wife---wives life---lives thief---thieves; c. 均可,如:handkerchief:& handkerchiefs / handkerchieves 可数名词复数的不规则变化: 1)child---children foot---feet  tooth---teeth&& mouse---mice  man---men woman---women & 注意:与 man 和 woman构成的合成词,其复数形式也是 -men 和-women。& 如:an Englishman,two Englishmen. 但German不是合成词,故复数形式为Germans;Bowman是姓,其复数是the Bowmans。 2)单复同形 如: deer,sheep,fish,Chinese,Japanese li,jin,yuan,two li,three mu,four jin  但除人民币元、角、分外,美元、英镑、法郎等都有复数形式。如: && a dollar,  a meter, two meters 3)集体名词,以单数形式出现,但实为复数。 如:staff& people police cattle 等本身就是复数,不能说a staff& a people,a police,a cattle,但可以说a person,a policeman,a head of cattle, the English,the British,the French,the Chinese,the Japanese,&the Swiss 等名词,表示国民总称时,作复数用。& 如:The Chinese are industries and brave. 中国人民是勤劳勇敢的。 4)以s 结尾,仍为单数的名词,如: a. maths,politics,physics等学科名词,为不可数名词,是单数。 b. news 是不可数名词。 c. the United States,the United Nations 应视为单数。 The United Nations was organized in 1945. 联合国是1945年组建起来的。 d. 以复数形式出现的书名,剧名,报纸,杂志名,也可视为单数。  "The Arabian Nights" is a very interesting story-book.  &&一千零一夜&&是一本非常有趣的故事书。 5) 表示由两部分构成的东西,如:glasses (眼镜) trousers, clothes&; 若表达具体数目,要借助数量词 pair(对,双); suit(套); two pairs of trousers 6)另外还有一些名词,其复数形式有时可表示特别意思,如:goods货物,waters水域,fishes(各种)鱼 复合名词的复数形式: && 名词作定语名词作定语一般用单数,但也有以下例外。 1)用复数作定语。 如:sports meeting 运动会& students reading-room 学生阅览室 & talks table 谈判桌 &&& the foreign languages department 外语系 2)man, woman, gentleman等作定语时,其单复数以所修饰的名词的单复数而定。 如:men workers  women teachers gentlemen officials 3)有些原有s结尾的名词,作定语时,s保留。 如:goods train (货车)& arms produce 武器生产 customs papers 海关文件 clothes brush衣刷 4)数词+名词作定语时,这个名词一般保留单数形式。 如:two-dozen eggs 两打/(二十四个鸡蛋)& a ten-mile walk 十里路  two-hundred trees 两百棵树&&&&&&&&&&& a five-year plan 一个五年计划  &
可数名词单复数知识体系:
不同国籍人的单复数:
动名词概念:
动名词是一种兼有动词和名词特征的非限定动词。它可以支配宾语,也能被副词修饰,动名词有时态和语态的变化。
现在分词和动名词用法比较:
动词的-ing形式包括现在分词和动名词两种形式。他们的句法功能如下:动词的-ing形式如果作句子的主语或者宾语时,应该是动名词形式;如果作补语或者状语时,应该是现在分词形式。那么作表语或者定语的动名词和现在分词又该怎样区分呢? 1、动名词与现在分词作表语时的比较:(1)动名词作表语说明主语的内容,回答what的问题;现在分词作表语相当于形容词作表语,说明主语的性质、特征等,回答how的问题。如:One of the best exercises is swimming. 游泳是最好的运动项目之一。&&&&&&&& What pleases him most is bathing in the sea. 最使他高兴的事是在海中沐浴。&&&&&&&&&The situation both at home and abroad is very in-spiring. 国内外的形势都很鼓舞人心。 &&&&&&& The color is pleasing to the eye. 颜色悦目。 (2)动名词作表语,表语和主语几乎处于同等地位,可以互换位置,其句意不变;现在分词作表语,表语和主语则不能互换位置。如:Our work is serving the people.&&&&& (=Serving the people is our work.)我们的工作是为人民服务。&&&&&&&&&The news was disappointing. 那消息令人失望。 (3)作表语的现在分词前可以用very,quite,rather,greatly等副词修饰,而动名词则不可以。如:What he said was very encouraging. 他的话很鼓舞人心。 &&&&&&& Our goal is realizing the four modernizations in the near future. 我们的目标是在不久的将来实现四个现代化。 (4)现在分词与形容词一样可以和more,the most构成形容词的比较级和最高级,而动名词则不可以。如:The story is the most fascinating. 那个故事最迷人。 (5)作表语用的现在分词除了和be连用以外,还可以和其它的系动词连用;而作表语的动名词则通常只能和be连用。如:His speech seems inspiring.他的演讲似乎很鼓舞人心。 &&&&&&& His interest is writing for the news papers. 他的爱好是给报社写文章。 (6)有些用作表语的现在分词已经形容词化了。常见的有:exciting,moving,inspiring,missing,interesting,disappointing等。 2、动名词与现在分词作定语时的比较:(1)动名词作定语时,表示它所修饰的名词的性能和用途,和它所修饰的名词在逻辑上没有主谓关系;现在分词作定语时,表示它所修饰的名词正在进行的动作,和它所修饰的名词在逻辑上有主谓关系,常可以扩展成一个定语从句。如:a swimming girl=a girl who is swimming 一个在游泳的姑娘 &&&&&&& a walking stick=a stick that is used for walking 一根拐杖 (2)现在分词作定语有时可以后置,而动名词则通常只能放在它所修饰的名词之前。如:The girl wearing glasses is one of his students. 戴眼镜的那个女孩是他的一个学生。 &&&&&&& I bought some reading materials. 我买了一些阅读材料。
&动名词的用法:
1、作主语:例如:Fighting broke out between the South and the North. 南方与北方开战了。 2、作宾语:  a. 有些动词可以用动名词作宾语。例如:admit承认 appreciate感激 avoid避免 complete完成 consider认为 delay耽误 deny否认 detest讨厌 endure忍受 enjoy喜欢 escape逃脱 fancy想象 finish完成 imagine想象 mind介意 miss想念 postpone推迟 practice训练 recall回忆 resent讨厌 resume继续 resist抵抗 risk冒险 suggest建议 face面对 include包括 stand忍受 understand理解 forgive宽恕 keep继续例如:Would you mind turning down your radio a little, please? 你把收音机音量调小一点,好吗?&&&&&   The squirrel was lucky that it just missed being caught. 这松鼠幸运得很,刚逃避了被逮住的厄运。     b. 有些结构后面可以用动名词作宾语或其他成分。例如:admit to &prefer...to& &burst out& &keep on&& insist on&& count on&& set about&& put off&& be good at&& take up&& give up&& be successful in& &be used to& &lead to& devote oneself to&& object to &stick to& no good&& no use be fond of& &look forward to& be proud of&& be busy& &can't help &be tired of&& be capable of&& be afraid of& &think of3、作表语,对主语说明、解释:例如:Her job is washing, cleaning and taking care of the children. 她的工作是洗刷、清扫和照顾孩子。比较:She is washing, cleaning and taking care of the children. 4、作定语,一般表示所修饰名词事物的用途:例如:a writing desk=a desk for writing 写字台 &&&&&&&&&&& a swimming pool=a pool swimming 游泳池有些动名词作定语,与所修饰的名词关系比较复杂。例如:boiling point=a temperature point at which something begins to boil 沸点 &&&&&&&&&&& a walking tractor=a tractor which a driver can operate while he or she is walking behind it 手扶拖拉机
动名词知识体系:
动名词与不定式用法对比:
表语从句的概念:
用作表语的从句叫作表语从句,它位于主句中的连系动词之后。引导表语从句的词有从属连词that、whether、as though(if);关系代词who, what, which, whom, whose, whatever, whoever, whomever, whichever等;关系副词when, where, why, how, however, when。
表语从句用法:
1、表语从句的引导词:引导表语从句的词有连词that, whether,连接代词和连接副词,关系代词型what,以及as if,as though,because等连词: 如:The fact is that he doesn't really try. 事实是他没有做真正的努力。 &&&&&&& The question is whether the film is worth seeing. 问题是这部电影是否值得看。 &&&&&&& The problem is how we can find him. 问题是我们如何找到他。 &&&&&&& That was when I was fifteen. 这是我15岁时发生的事。&&&&&&&&&It isn't as if you were going away for ever. 又不是你离开不回来了。 &&&&&&& It is because I love you too much. 那是因为我太爱你了。注:whether可此导表语从句,但与之同义的if 却通常不用于引导表语从句;because可引导表语从句,但与之同义的since, as, for等也不用于引导表语从句。 2、连词that的省略问题引导表语从句的that通常不省略,但在口语或非正式文体中有时也可省略: 如:My idea is(that) we should do it right away. 我的意见是我们应该马上干。&&&&&&& The trouble is(that) he is ill. 糟糕的
表语从句用法拓展:
名词性从句在be等系动词后作表语时被称为表语从句,表语从句只能置于主句之后,而主句的动词只能是联系动词。例如:The problem is how we can get the things we need. 问题是我们怎样能弄到我们需要的东西。(how在表语从句中充当方式状语)   &&&&&&&&&&& The scissors are not what I need. 这把剪刀不是我所需要的。(what在表语从句中充当宾语)   &&&&&&&&&&& What I told him was that I would find him a good play. &&&&&&&&&&& 我告诉他的是我会给他找个好剧本。(what在主语从句中作直接宾语,that作为表语从句的引导词在该表语从句中不充当句子成分,不能省略)   &&&&&&&&&&& That is what I want to tell you. 那就是我想要对你讲的。(what在表语从句中充当直接宾语)   &&&&&&&&&&& That is why she failed to pass the exam. 那就是她考试不及格的原因。(why在表语从句中充当原因状语) 注意:“That is why...”是常用句型,意为“这就是……的原因/因此……”,其中why引导的名词性从句在句中作表语,该句型通常用于针对前面已经说明过的原因进行总结:如:That is why you see this old woman before you know, Jeanne.珍妮,这就是现在这个老太婆出现在你面前的原因。(前文提到Jeanne对老妇人显得苍老憔悴深感诧异,说话人对她讲述了其中的原因之后,用这一句来进行概括)。//ThatiswhyIcame.这就是我来的原因。下面是两个与“That is why...”形式相似的结构,它们与“That is why...”结构之间的关系要能够辨析清楚:  (1)“That is why...”与“That is the reason why...”同义,只不过从语法结构上讲,“That is the reason why...”中why引导的是—个定语从句,将其中的the reason去掉则与“That is why...”结构一样:如:That is(the reason) why I can not agree. 这就是我不能同意的理由。  (2)“That is because...”句型中从属连词because引导的名词性从句在此作表语,这也是个常用句型,意为“这就是为什么……/因为……”。“That is because...”与“That is why...”之间的不同在于“That is because...”指原因或理由,“That is why...”则指由于各种原因所造成的后果:如:He did not see the film last night.&&&&&&& That is because he had to help his little sister with her homework. 昨天晚上他没有去看电影,那是因为他得帮助他的妹妹做作业。(第一句话说明结果,第二句话说明原因)   &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& He had seen the film before. That is why he did not see it last night. 他以前曾看过那部电影,因此他昨天晚上没有去看。(第一句话说明原因,第二句话说明结果)
缩写与简写的概念:
用单词首尾字母组成一个新词的英语构词法叫做首尾字母缩略法。这种形式的英语构词生成的新词,读音主要有两种形式,即各字母分别读音;作为一个单词读音。 如:Foreign Language Teaching Agency→FLTA上海外教网 &&&&&&& Testing of English as a Foreign Language→TOEFL托福 &&&&&&& Teach English as a Foreign Language→TEFL &&&&&&& Teach English as a Second Language→TESL &&&&&&& Graduate Record Examination→GRE美国研究生入学考试
缩写的几种类型:
1、单词缩写应省略在辅音之后,元音之前:英文单词缩写一般以辅音结尾,而不以元音结尾。如American省略为Am,而不省略为Ame或Amer,Medicine或Medical缩写为Med,European缩写为Eur等。但Science例外,缩写为Sci,可能是因为元音I之后又是元音E的缘故。缩写刊名每个词首字母必须大写,而不可全部都用大写或小写。2、压缩字母法:仅个别单词采用压缩字母方式缩写。如:Japanese缩写为Jpn而不是Jan&&&&&&& National应缩写为Natl而不是Nat经常有读者将Japanese写成Jan是参考文献著录中常见的错误。如:Japanese Journal of Ophthalmology,应缩写为JpnJOphthalmol,National Cancer Institute Research Report缩写为NatlCancerInstResRep。而Nat是Nature和Natural的缩写,如:NatureMedicine, Naturebiotechnology分别缩写为NatMed, NatBiotechnol。另外CN是中国的国别代码,期刊缩写刊名中,ChinaChinese不得缩写为CN,而应缩写为Chin.采用压缩写法是为了避免与其他常用缩写混淆。如:Japanese不能缩写为Jan,可能是Jan是January的固定缩写形式,National缩写为Natl而不缩写为Nat,可能是Nat是Nature和Natural的缩写。 3、学科名称缩写:刊名中学科名称缩写很常见,因而了解学科名缩写规则非常必要。凡以-ogy结尾的单词,一律将词尾-ogy去掉,如Cardiology缩写为Cariol,Biology缩写为Biol,以-ics结尾的学科名词,缩写时将-ics或连同其前面若干字母略去。如:Physics缩写为Phys。以-try结尾的词,缩写时将-try连同前面若干字母略去。如:chemistry缩写为Chem。其中也包括其他形容词的缩写。 4、刊名中常用词和特殊单词的缩写:期刊名中有些常用单词可以缩写为一个字母。如:Journal缩写为J&&&&&&& Quarterly缩写为Q&&&&&&& Royal缩写为R&&&&&&&&New缩写为N&&&&&&& South缩写为S 5、刊名首字母组合:有些杂志名称缩写采用首字母组合,而且已被固定下来,一般都是国际上有较大影响的期刊,并得到国际上众多索引性检索工具的认同。如:The Journal of American Medical Association缩写为JAMA,&British Medical Journal缩写为BMJ等。 6、国家名称的缩写:刊名中国家名称的缩写分为两种情况。如国家名称为单个词汇,缩写时常略去词尾或词的后部分若干字母。如:American缩写为Am&&&&&&& British缩写为Br&&&&&&& Chinese缩写为Chin而国家名称由多个词组组成时,常取每个词的首字母,如United States of America 缩写为USA或US。 7、虚词一律省略:有许多虚词,如the, of, for, and, on, from, to等,在缩写时均省去。如:Journal of chemistry缩写为J chem&&&&&& Archives of Medical Research缩写为Arch Med Res
相关试题推荐
1、 Have you ever noticed the colour of the water in a river or stream after a heavy rainfall? What do you think caused this change in colour? It is soil that has been washed into the river from the riverbank or from t}le nearby fields.Components of SoftSoil is made up of a number of layers(层),each having its own distinctive colour and texture.The upper layer is known as the litter.It acts like a blanket.limiting temperature changes and reducing water loss.The topsoil layer is made up of small particles of rock mixed with rotten plant and animal matter called humus(腐殖质),which is black and gives the topsoil its dark colour.This layer is usually rich in nutrients,oxygen,and water.Below the topsoil is the subsoil,a layer that contains more stones mixed with only small amounts of organic matter.This layer is lighter in colour because of the lack of humus.Beneath the soil lies a layer of bedrock.Soil forms from the bottom up.Over time bedrock is attacked by rain, wind,frost, and snow.It is gradually broken down into smaller particles in a process called weathering.Plants begin to grow,and rotten materials enrich the topsoil.Most of the soil in Eastern Canada.for example.Was formed from weathered rock that was exposed when the ice disappeared l2.000 years ag0.Water Beneath the SoilSurface water collects and flows above the ground in lakes.ponds.and rivers.Once in the soil or rock,it is called groundwater.Gravity pulls groundwater through the soil in a process called percolation(渗透).Eventually the water reaches a layer called the water table.Under this is bedrock through which water cannot percolate.As water percolates downward,it dissolves organic matter and minerals from the soil and carries them to deeper layers.This causes a serious problem because plants require these nutrients for growth.Soil pHSoil can be acidic.neutral.or basic.The pH of the soil is determined by the nature of the rockfrom which it was formed.and by the nature of t}le plants that grow and rot in it.The acidity of rain and snow can lower the pH of the groundwater that enters the soil.By burning fossil fuels such as coal,oil and gasoline,humans have been contributing to higher levels of acidity in many soils.When fossil fuels are burned.gases are released into the air and then fall back to earth as acid rain.Acid soil increases出e problem of carrying nutrients to lower soil levels.As nutrients are removed,soil is less fertile.Plants grow more slowly in acidic soil,and also become easily attacked by diseases.1、The layer of soil that provides necessary nutrients for plant growth is called.A.1itterB.topsoilC.humusD.subsoil2、According to the text.which of the following is NOT true?A.Soil forms from weathered rock on the earth surface.B.The deeper layer of soil is darker in colour than t}le surface soil.C.Air pollution is partially responsible for acid soil.D.Groundwater tends to carry away nutrients for plant growth.3、We can infer from the passage that the water table lies .A.between the topsoil layer and the subsoil layerB.in the subsoil layer above bedrockC.between the subsoil layer and bedrockD.in the bedrock layer beneath the subsoil4、The underlined word “dissolve” is used to express the idea that organic matter and minerals from soil are .A.rushed away into the riverB.cleaned and purified by waterC.destroyed and carried away by waterD.mixed with water and become part of it
2、 When Jackie Robinson walked onto Ebbets Field in Brooklyn, New York, on April 15, 1947, he changed baseball forever. As the first African American to play in the Major League in modern times, many believe he changed the country forever.Robinson was born in 1919. He lived in a time when rules controlled what African Americans could do. He was a top athlete, playing football, basketball and baseball. But playing for a major League team was off limits to Robinson because of his race. Branch Rickey, president and manager of the Brooklyn Dodgers, signed (和……签约) Robinson in 1947. He believed that Robinson not only had the skills, but the courage to face the challenge of becoming modern baseball’s first black player.It wasn’t easy. Robinson sometimes faced boos (嘘声) from fans. But he became a star, anyway. In 1962, he became the first African-American player chosen to enter the Baseball Hall of Fame. In 2005, he was awarded a Congressional Gold Medal, the highest award Congress can give to an American.By breaking baseball’s color barrier (肤色障碍), Robinson opened the door for many to follow his footsteps, not only in baseball, but in other areas of life as well. After he stopped playing the game, Robinson worked as a manager for a coffee company. He wrote a newspaper column (专栏). He also
started a bank. 1、Before Jackie Robinson, no African-American players could __________.A.play baseballB.play in the Major LeagueC.play football and basketballD.watch Major League games2、According to Branch Rickey, Jackie Robinson was __________.A.poor but cleverB.unlucky but confidentC.proud and strongD.brave and skilled3、We can know that Jackie Robinson’s story __________.A.changed many Africans’ ideasB.had an effect on many black people’s livesC.encouraged black people to fight with whitesD.started a hot discussion about the color barrier4、Which of the following is NOT what he once did?A.a newspaper column writerB.a bankerC.a university teacherD.a manager in a company
3、 Pingyao, in the center of Shanxi Province, is a famous historic cultural city of China and a world cultural heritage site (世界文化遗址). It’s 90 kilometers south of Taiyuan on the Fen River.People lived in Pingyao during the New Stone Age. Its long period as a country government seat has left Pingyao with lots of historic buildings and sites, with a 2,700-year history. Ninety-nine of them are under government protection, including Zhengguo Temple, Shuanglin Temple and Pingyao Ancient City.During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, businessmen organized commercial (商业的) groups that did business nationwide. Shanxi Province had some of the most important ones and Pingyao was their center. In 1823, a store, known as Rishengchang(Sunrise Prosperity), traded in bank checks rather than in silver or gold coins. It was the beginning of modern Chinese banking. Branch banks were soon set up in major cities in China and other parts of Asia, leading to great development in Pingyao. Its Lacquer ware (漆器) became well known.In Pingyao Ancient City are many traditional houses and commercial buildings, 3,797 of which are protected and more than 400 of which are in good condition. Not only do the houses in Pingyao show Shanxi’s history and culture, but this large number is valuable for studying its history, customs, and ancient buildings and art. Most of these houses are still used as homes and shops of local people.In 1997, Ancient Pingyao City was listed in World Heritage List as “ World Culture Heritage Site”. 1、What does the underlined word “them”(in the 2nd paragraph) refer to?A.Historic buildings and sites.B.The three temples.C.The country government seats.D.The 2,700-year history.2、Which of the following about Pingyao is NOT mentioned in the passage?A.Its location (位置).B.Its tourism.C.Its business.D.Its history.3、During the Ming and Qing dynasties, Pingyao was a leading center in __________.A.agricultureB.raising cattleC.commercial tradeD.making gold coins4、If you want to know about the history of banking in China, you’ll visit __________.A.Sunrise ProsperityB.Zhengguo TempleC.A lacquer ware storeD.A commercial house
4、 — you like the car so much,why not drive it back?? —Well,I can’t afford ________ car.?A.Sso big a ?B.If;such big a?C.Wso a big?D.Sthat a big?
5、 At the street corner, anyone who is seen carrying a bag, a box, or &___________, is stopped by the police.A.what it is B.whatever it isC.what there isD.whatever there is
6、 -What field will you son go into after graduation from the university?-I’m not quite certain, but he __________- a good software programmer.A.promisesB.becomesC.makesD.proves
7、 – Did you visit the temple?-- No. We ______ it, but we spent too much time shopping.A.could have visitedB.can’t have visited C.needn’t have visitedD.should visit
8、 There is an old saying in English: "Laughter is the best medicine". Until recently, few people took the saying very seriously. Now, however, doctors have begun to investigate laughter and the effects it has on the human body. They have found evidence that laughter really can improve people's health.Tests were carried out to study the effects of laughter on the body. People watched funny films, while doctors checked their heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and muscles. It was found that laughter has similar effects to physical exercise. It increases blood pressure, the heart rate and the rate of breathing; it also works several groups of muscles in the face, the stomach, and even the feet. If laughter exercises the body, it must be beneficial.Other tests have shown that laughter appears to be capable of reducing the effect of pain on the body. In one experiment doctors produced pain in groups of students who listened to different radio programs. The group which tolerated the pain for the longest time was 'the group which listened to a funny program. The reason why laughter can reduce pain seems to be that it helps to produce endorphins (内啡肽) in the brain. These are natural chemicals which diminish both stress and pain.There is also some evidence to suggest that laughter helps the body's immune(免疫的)system, that is, the system which fights infection. In an experiment, one group of students watched a funny video while another group served as the control group - in other words, a group with which to compare the first group. Doctors checked the blood of the students in both groups and found that the people in the group that watched the video had an increase in the activity of their white blood cells, that is, the cells which fight infection.As a result of these discoveries, some doctors and psychiatrists (精神病学家) in the United States now hold laughter clinics, in which they try to improve their patients' condition by encouraging them to laugh. They have found that even if their patients do not really feel like laughing, making them smile is enough to produce beneficial effects similar to those caused by laughter.1、 We learn from the first paragraph that laughter____________________. A.is good for one's healthB.is related to some illnessC.has been investigated long sinceD.has no effect on the body2、Doctors have found that laughter_______________________. A.keeps down blood pressure.B.has similar effects to physical exerciseC.decreases the heart rateD.increases stress3、Which of the following statements is NOT true of laughter, according to the passage?A.It reduces pain. B.It exercises the body. C.It improves the body's immune system. D.It can cure cancer.4、The writer's attitude towards laughter is__________. A.criticalB.doubtfulC.positiveD.negative
9、 Reduce, reuse, and recycle. This familiar environmentalist slogan tells us how to reduce the amount of rubbish that ends up in landfills and waterways. The concept is being used to deal with one possibly dangerous form of waste — electronic junk (电子垃圾), such as old computers, cell phones, and televisions. But this process for managing e-waste may be used in an unscrupulous way more often than not used, a recent report suggests.“A lot of these materials are being sent to developing nations under the excuse of reuse — to bridge the digital divide,” said Richard Gutierrez, a policy researcher.One of the problems is that no one proves whether these old machines work before they hit the seaways. Because of this, the report says, e-waste is a growing problem in Lagos, Nigeria, and elsewhere in the developing world. Much of the waste ends up being thrown away along rivers and roads. Often it’s picked apart by poor people, who may face dangerous exposure to poisonous chemicals in the equipment.Businessmen also pay workers a little money to get back materials such as gold and copper. This low-tech recovery process could expose workers and the local environment to many dangerous materials used to build electronics. According to Gutierrez, this shadow economy exists because the excuse of recycling and reusing electronics gives businessmen “a green passport” to ship waste around the globe. “Developing nations must take upon some of the responsibility themselves,” Gutierrez said. But, he added, “A greater portion of this responsibility should fall on the exporting state.”China, for example, has become a dumping place for large amounts of e-waste. The nation is beginning to take action to stop the flow of dangerous materials across its borders. The Chinese government, after many years of denial is finally beginning to take the lead.1、 The passage mainly tells us that _______.A.developing countries are facing serious environmental problemsB.e-waste is sent to developing countries under the excuse of reuseC.developing countries are making full use of e-wasteD.e-waste is a growing problem in developed countries2、What does the third paragraph mainly discuss?A.A lot of e-waste is dumped in developing countries.B.Poor people break up e-waste to collect some valuable materials. C.The problem of e-waste is growing in developing countries.D.Old computers and TVs still work before they are sent abroad.3、The underlined word “unscrupulous” in Paragraph 1 probably means “________”.A.immoralB.wrongC.proudD.unsafe4、From what Gutierrez said we can learn that ________.A.developing countries should be responsible for this problemB.exporting countries should be mainly responsible for this problemC.neither rich nor poor countries should be blamed for this problemD.poor countries should be blamed for this problem
10、 Preparing for the Next Job MarketThe latest spike in the unemployment rate is being felt across the board ?in 98 percent of metropolitan areas, in high-wage and low-wage jobs, among young and old, women and men, but especially men.This landscape means that young Americans who are trying to plan their futures right now have some hard choices.Do they go to college and take on debt without hope of getting a job? And what about high school students? Do they have any chance of securing a job without a college degree? Perhaps the education system needs to react to this rapidly moving economic crisis.In our current economic collapse, the connection between education and employment could not be more different than it was during the Depression.Education must now hold center stage, not because of an enemy abroad but because of the global economy.The jobs of the future will demand levels of education, particularly skills in mathematics, technology and science, which exceed those now taught in high school.A healthy society should strive for full employment.In our times, that goal cannot be realized, or even approximated by creating jobs for the unskilled.The long-term prospect for economic recovery depends on the extent to which we improve our educational system.And this is where America is now at its weakest.##Our high schools produce graduates who do not write well enough, have limited reasoning skills and are unable to use the tools of mathematics.Their command of science is far inferior to that of their counterparts in other nations.And all too many young people drop out.We may still have the best university system, but it benefits only a minority.We will need more engineers, scientists and service providers, particularly in the health professions, with a quality of education that cannot be obtained in the current system.Radical change, not reform, is called for.What should be done? First, high school should be cut short and end when students are 16.Second, a new generation of two-year college programs tied to a wide range of specific skills that the economy needs should be created.Third, access to four-year colleges should be expanded, giving more Americans the chance to acquire the deep learning that makes breakthroughs in technology possible.Fourth, we need to recruit more public school teachers and train them better, particularly in physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics, so that our children can be prepared to compete.1、Nowadays, students graduating from high school____.A.write well enoughB.have limitless reasoning skillsC.can't use the tools of mathematicsD.command science as much as their counterparts in other nations2、What should we do to improve the quality of education?A.Students shouldn't study in high school until 16.B.We should create a new generation of two-year college programs tied to a wide range of specific skills the economy needs.C.We should limit access to four-year colleges.D.We ought to recruit more private school teachers and train them better.3、What does the word "collapse" in the third paragraph mean?A.successB.failureC.developmentD.booming4、Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A.Young Americans planning their futures have difficult choices.B.Education must hold center stage due to the global economy.C.The best university system benefits a majority.D.A health society should struggle for full employment.
11、 The food we eat seems to have great effects on our health. Although science has made great steps in making food more fit to eat, it has, at the same time, made many foods unfit to eat. Some research has shown that perhaps eighty percent of all human illnesses are related to diet and forty percent of cancer is related to diet as well. Different cultures are subject to certain illnesses because of the food that is characteristic in these cultures. That food is related to illness is not a new discovery. In 1945, government researchers realized that nitrates(硝酸盐) and nitrites(亚硝酸盐), commonly used to keep color in meats, and other food additives, caused cancer. Yet, these additives remain in our food, and it becomes more difficult all the time to know which things on the packaging labels(标签) of processed food are helpful or harmful. The additives which we eat are not all so direct. Farmers often give penicillin to cows and chick and because of this, penicillin has been found in the milk of treated cows. Sometimes similar drugs are given to animals not for medicinal purposes, but for financial reasons. The farmers are simply trying to fatten the animals in order to get a higher price on the market. Although the FDA has tried repeatedly to control these, the practices continue.1、How has science done a bad service to mankind?A.Diseases caused by food have been done away with.B.It has caused a lack of information about the value of food.C.Some harmful materials have been added to our food.D.Scientists have made food more expensive to eat.2、What are nitrates used for?A.They help process packaged food.B.They keep the color in meats.C.They cure diseases of cows and chickens. D.They cause the animals to become fatter.3、Which of the following statements is NOT true?A.You can find out harmful additives on the packaging labels of food.B.Drugs given to animals are not all for medical reasons.C.Researchers knew about the harm of food additives about 60 years ago.D.Food may cause forty percent of cancer in the world.4、According to the passage, the FDA might be _________.A.an organization which controls the safety of food B.a producer which makes additivesC.a factory which processes foodD.a hospital which cures cancer
12、 根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。During the first half of the nineteenth century in the United States, Christmas was a very different kind of holiday than it is today. There was no set of way of celebrating the day,which was not yet an official holiday.
71 Some observed Christmas as an important Christian religious day honoring the birth of Jesus.Others celebrated the day with parties,music,drinking and eating.
.Calvinist Christians banned the celebration of Christmas.But groups such as Episcopaliansand Moravians honored the day with religious services and seasonal decorations.By mid-century,Christian groups began to ignore their religious diffrences over the meaning of Christmas and honored the day in special ways.Christmas became an important time for families to celebrate at home. More and more Christians Americans also began to follow the European traditions of Christmas trees and giving gifts.Christians believed that the tree represented Jesus and was also a sign of new beginnings. German immigrants brought their tradion of putting lights,sweets and toys on the branches of evergreen trees placed in their homes.This tradition of setting up a Christmas tree soon spread to many American homes.
74 As these traditions increased in popularity,the modern trade and business linked to Christmas also grew.As Christmas became more popular,some states declared the day a state holiday.Louisiana was the first state to make the move in eighteen thirty-seven.
.It was not until eighteen seventy that President Ulysses Grant made Christmas a federal holiday.A.So did the practice of giving people presents.B.By eighteen sixty,fourteen other states had followed.C.And,some communities did not celebrate the day at all.D.Americans seldom gave each other presents on Christmas Day.E. But many new American Christmas songs started to become popular.F. Religion played a big role in how an American might celebrate the holiday.G. Communities around the country honored the day in different ways.
13、 _________, I guess, and you can make it.A.If you make more effortsB.Making more effortsC.A bit more effortsD.To have made more efforts
14、 There was such a long queue for fried chicken at KFC that we_____ gave up. A.eventuallyB.unfortunatelyC.generouslyD.purposely
15、 In Europe people hold the fork in the left hand and the knife in the right throughout the meal, a system that is generally agreed to be more efficient than the American zigzag(曲折的)method. Americans hold both the fork and the knife in their right hands throughout the meal, so they continually change their forks to the left hand when they have to cut their meat. It seems to be funny for the Europeans to see Americans busy changing their dinner sets, making a lot of noises. A few explanations for this American style are as follows:(1)Americans are practical and efficient. Since most of us are right-handed, it is reasonable to keep our working tools at all times in the right hand that can use them most efficiently.?(2)Americans, the master of the New World are rebels(叛逆者).They use the zigzag method to break the rules in the Old World and in this way they are thumbing their nose at Mother England. Americans are a restless kind. They do not like to sit in one spot for very long when dining.(3)Forced to do so, they respond by “playing” with the silver.?Whatever the reason for the practice, it is now certainly as American as apple pie. Europeans recognize this and are quick to attack it as evidence of American innocence(无知)of form. Arguments against the zigzag method rest not only on grounds of efficiency but also on those of tradition. In Old World dining, the knife is held in the right hand continually because it can serve as an instant defense against the uninvited intruders(入侵者).However, such alertness(警觉) is out of place in the New World, as every American believes that this is the home of the brave. Americans juggle their silverware, perhaps, to show that they are not afraid and that one of them holding a fork is worth any number of them holding blades(刀).?1、Americans use _______ to hold their fork to pick up the salad.?A.the right handB.the left hand?C.both handsD.either of the two hands?2、As the masters of the New World, Americans use a different cutting method from that in the Old World to _______.?A.show their independence of Mother England?B.show their disrespect to Mother England?C.add a new tradition to those in Mother England?D.show off their creativeness to Mother England?3、In the sentence, the word “juggle” probably means _______.?A.holdB.play withC.pick upD.lay down??4、Which of the following statements is NOT true? ?A.European people hold the fork in the left hand and the knife in the right hand.B.The zigzag eating method is related to American characteristics.?C.The zigzag eating method has become an American feature.?D.European people will use the American method because of its efficiency.
16、 In the 1960s, medical researchers Thomas Holmes and Richard Rahe developed a checklist of stressful events. They found out that any major change can be stressful. Negative events like “serious illness of a family member” were high on the list, but so were some positive life-changing events, like marriage. When you take the Holmes-Rahe test you must remember that the score does not show how you deal with stress—it only shows how much you have to deal with. And we now know that the way you deal with these events has a great effect on your chances of staying healthy.By the early 1970s, hundreds of similar studies had followed Holmes and Rahe. And millions of Americans who work and live under stress worried over the reports. Somehow, the research got boiled down to a memorable message. Women's magazines ran headlines like “Stress causes illnesses”.If you want to stay physically and mentally healthy, the articles said, avoid stressful events. But such simplistic advice is impossible to follow. even if stressful events are dangerous, many—like the death of a loved one—are impossible to avoid. Moreover, any warning to avoid all stressful events is a prescription(处方) for staying away from opportunities as well as trouble. Since any change can be stressful, a person who wanted to be completely free of stress would never marry, have a child, take a new job or move.?The idea that all stress makes you sick also takes no notice of what we know about people. It is supposed that we're all weak and passive in the face of difficulty. But many come through periods of stress with more physical and mental strength than they had before. We also know that a long time without change or challenge can lead to boredom, and physical and mental damage.1、The result of Holmes-Rahe’s medical research tells us _______.?A.what should be done to avoid stress?B.the way of dealing with major events may cause stress?C.what kind of event would cause stress?D.how to deal with sudden changes in life?2、The studies on stress in the early 1970's led to_______.?A.great fear about the mental problems it could cause?B.widespread worry over its harmful effects?C.a deep research into illnesses connected with stress?D.popular avoidance of stressful jobs?3、According to the passage people who have experienced ups and downs may become___.A.discouraged when faced with difficultyB.physically and mentally weak?C.more experienced in the face of difficultyD.uninterested in what happens to them4、What’s the purpose of writing the text? ?A.To tell people the discoveries about stress.?B.To tell people how to keep healthy.?C.To help people avoid stressful events.?D.To help people view stress properly.
扫描二维码马上下载橡皮网APP
拍照搜题,秒出答案!
名校试题,天天更新,免费查看!
接收老师发送的作业,在线答题。

我要回帖

更多关于 初中英语短文填空 的文章

随机推荐