don't regret doingthat you missed the goal

2015 Moderator Election - Stack Overflow
to customize your list.
On Stack Exchange, we believe the core moderators should come from the community, and be elected by the community itself through popular vote. We hold regular elections to determine who these community moderators will be.
Community moderators are , and should themselves be exemplars of positive behavior and leaders within the community.
Our general criteria for moderators are as follows:
patient and fair
leads by example
shows respect for their fellow community members in their actions and words
open to some light but firm moderation to keep the community on track and resolve (hopefully) uncommon disputes and exceptions
For the Stack Overflow election, an eligible candidate for the election must have all of the following badges:
Due to the size of Stack Overflow (averaging nearly 2,000 flags per day!), moderation can be
- if you can't dedicate at least 30 minutes each day to help shoulder the load, please defer to those who can.
Every election has three phases:
Nomination
Please participate in the moderator elections by voting, and perhaps even by nominating yourself to be a community moderator!
- discuss the election, candidates, etc.
For questions about the election process itself, visit .
This election ended Apr 21 '15 at 20:00.
Anyone may . Voters have access to pre-built
all others may use
272,611 voters were eligible, 149,240 visited the site during the election, 78,870 visited the election page, and 27,019 voted called up after the election to meet additional demand
Hi! I'm Karl, and I'm here to make sure Stack Overflow remains the site to find quality answers with a high signal-to-noise ratio.
I'd like to be a moderator to clean up the site and teach others to help out. I've already contributed by:
Flagging helpfully over 9,800 times
Completing over 20,000 reviews
Participating actively on Meta
Taking part in chat (mainly JavaScript and MSE's Tavern)
I have experience using moderation tools as a trusted user on Aviation.SE, and I've also been moderating a
since 2012.
A bit about me
Spends 2-3 hours per day on SO
Time zone: UTC+8
Mainly active in the
tag (score: ~560)
My philosophy
I believe that enforcement and education together go hand in hand in ensuring that users improve their behaviour/posts. Each has little effect without the other:
Advising the user without doing anything doesn't create much of a mandate for them to do something about their posts.
Knocking a user down if they don't know how to get back up won't make them improve—instead they'd leave or rage-quit by vandalising/trolling.
This election marks seven years since . A few months after that announcement, I entered the private beta and immediately knew that this site was going to be something special. It has grown to be valuable to so many, and I'd like to help that continue.
. Help me save more of it. I make a particular promise: if elected, I will monitor the deletion log, undeletion vote log, and edits to recently-deleted questions. Any deserving questions I see will be restored immediately, instead of waiting and hoping for high-rep users to bring them back.
Has this ever happened to you? After carefully considering a problem you conclude that you need to do X. You post a question asking "How do I do X?". Instead of relevant responses, you get a dozen commenters telling you "you're doing it wrong". You try to explain, but by the time you respond your question has been closed as a "duplicate" of something entirely unrelated. Elect me so that I can reopen these questions and set things straight.
I am privileged to be a member of a such a helpful and educational community as Stack Overflow and I've learned a great deal about programming as well as moderation and writing thru my interactions on this site. I would like to return the favor by serving as a moderator for this community.
I've tried to close questions that truly don't belong on a high-quality site for professionals and enthusiasts and have cast over five thousand votes to put questions where they belong. I am also very experienced in the Suggested Edits queue and educated ignorant reviewers in a chatroom effort I started, helped stop many reputation-seeking editors whose efforts only wasted others' time, and helped our lord and savior Shog9 in rethinking the queue and its mechanics.
I am active in chat, particularly Tavern on the Meta, and Meta Stack Overflow and Meta Stack Exchange where I collaborate with the community in shaping the software, the policies, and the norms that govern our use of this site.
Stack Overflow would be much more interesting and engaging to me if I had the tools to make
as a moderator I can help curate this site and make it a better place for all of us.
Hi everyone,
I hope my activity (on ,
and ) will portray me as a user who is active, fair, and helpful.
If I was to be elected, you'd not only see me continue to exhibit the same behaviour as I have to this day, but you'd also see me help to clear the flag backlog. After participating in review, and having flagged ~5,700 items, I feel I'd be pretty comfortable in that regard.
My firm belief is that moderators should be directed by the consensus of the community, and their actions should be virtually invisible. You therefore won't see me make any wild manifesto's, like you'll see in , but you will see me stand up and explain my actions (and likewise acknowledge any mistakes I make) on Meta.
I nominated myself to be a mod last year, but didn' but I'm still here, still addicted to Stack Overflow, and still eager to be a mod and help out.
I would be honored to be a moderator.
I've been active on StackOverflow and other SE sites for 2+ years. I love this community and want to make it even better. I'm an attorney by day and a developer by night (mostly LAMP and JavaScript). I've been writing software for 30 years (yes, really!).
I have experience serving as a moderator on .
I grok the Theory of Moderation. As error handlers, mods must use a light touch. We step in if there's a problem only mods can fix or a problem with the community itself. We don't step in if the community is handling a problem on its own.
I treat everyone with respect.
I do lots of quality control and cleanup. I've raised over 6,500 flags, 99.2% of them "helpful."
I work the review queues.
I know my limits. I don't moderate what I don' I get help.
I'm on here all the time, but most active on SO late at night in the US, when fewer mods are on.
Why Not Me?
I don't have the highest reputation.
I've participated less on Meta than I would like. I commit to being much more active there, even if I am not elected.
Myself Shree Khanal From Nepal.
I am upbeat personality with a friendly approachable manner and really enjoying working within a team, where I like to provide encouragement and an open flow of communication to create a happy working environment.
Stack Overflow is the site(community) whom I love to browse the most.This is the pure influencer for me to grown up in my professional career.I've always liked helping people out on Stack Overflow, answering people's questions and just being a problem solver, also to read people's post.I have learned much more in SO and genuinely curious on spending more time over here, also in my busy schedule.
I feel like I would be a good fit for this role beacuse I am active admin in other community and really enjoying being around them, so I have critical thinking with experience for appropriate problem solving potentiality.
Why not me?
As I don't have much ... comparatively to other participants. Please feel free to suggest me all around so that next time I will prepare best and there will be no reason to deny me for the post :)
Hello everyone,
I'm Hemang, iOS Apps Developer from India.
Why I'm applying ?
I have some
which I'm using regularly to make this site neat and clean, however there's extra boosters needed to become a super man of this planet.
I don't know whether I'm a perfect match to my bride or not ? ;)
However you can see my
to know more about me and
and would decide whether I'm eligible for this post or not?
I'm a truly friendly person, who's at least available for an hour everyday to help this community a neat and clean place. I am always helpful to the people who came here with their questions. If they wrong, I'll correct them politely. If there can be a better edition, I'll edit it with their actual concern so that it would be more clear to the community members and get easily understandable answers.
Why not me ?
You're free to write in comments so that next time I'll prepare my self for such improvements points :)
Why I would be a good moderator
I've used moderator tools effectively for cleaning up piles of review threads, especially have reviewed android posts.
Moderation activity
4522 flags
&1600 review tasks
&700 close votes
&1300 suggested edits
&1100 low quality posts
Passionate about community and willing to help
I've visited the site for >1300 days and I spend >1 hour daily.
My regular meta activity was bit low but I have worked and improved over it. I have contributed into the SE android application by finding bugs/issues and also by suggesting some features, have posted 43 threads so far and one among the top contributors.
Regarding helping out developers, I have posted 89/1248 QA so far and still counting! I have helped many developers by taking their issues offline.
In my leisure time, I write and share about android development on my blog.
Why standing for the moderator?
Flags aren't being moderated quickly during IST.
tag requires major clean up & moderation and as far as I know there is no moderator who either knows or expert in Android and active for the same.
My name is Tymon, I am Stack Overflow member for over 2 years, I am student and webdeveloper, which writes mostly in PHP.
My opinion about "perfect moderator"
In my opinion moderator should:
know community standards
have experience in revising/reviewing posts
be patient and kind
have ideas to improve site working
have some reputation, but not really thousands of it - moderation is different than answering/asking questions
I am friendly, patient person, which likes working with people. I have experience in moderating Stack Overflow posts. In my opinion I met moderator requirements, which I showed above and I would like to support you more.
What if I am chosen?
I understand moderator privligies require huge responsibility. I will try to make only clever decisions, spend more time working on Stack Overflow and be as much helpful to our users as it is only possible.
What if I am not chosen?
If I am not chosen during this election I will try to increase my effort in answering questions/revising posts to gain more experience and have possibility to participate (and win!) next election.
Thank you for voting and comments!
I would like to nominate myself. I'm on StackOverflow since 3 years and 6 months. I'm almost everyday online since that date (23 days off, I'm 608 consecutive on) and I life in Germany.
I have currently 318 helpful flags, yeah no excellent value, but not bad :-) All together I did about 2k-3k reviews, so I tried already to do my best.
Now we can get personal: I started developing very early. After School I made a special education for IT topics. After that I made my Bachelor and Master degree in Informatics. There was a subject called "Mobile IT" which was around a new mobile operation system of Google, you may know it as Android. Since that RC-times I'm developing for .
I'm almost daily in the
chat room, where I try to help people. I really love to help people if they really honer that. I really don't like downvotes, that is also the reason for the very low amount. I primarily downvote spam, on poor questions I often try to improve the question instead of downvoting and to ask for more details for improving it.
Because I love StackOverflow and I want to give something back!
I've been following Stack Overflow literally from before its beginning (6-8 anyone?). Within the first year or so of its existence it became quite a major point of influence for me. I've learned and grown from it in my professional career enormously. And while I'm still learning from it, at some point my interaction with Stack Overflow tipped over into me "putting in" more than "getting out". I like the community, the site, the interaction model. It works. It accomplishes its design goal each and every day. My personal experience with it is all the proof I need for that.
Since my interaction with the community has become more and more meta over time, nominating myself for moderator seems like the logical next step. I'm often mostly curating the site with the few tools I h if you think I'm doing a decent job at that and would be okay with giving me access to more tools, I'd be happy to wield them.
Some quick third-person facts about me:
is mostly active in LAMP-stack related tags from PHP over Python, MySQL, Postgres, Javascript to AngularJS
has somehow managed to visit the site every day, even while his son was born
has problems with character limi
Why I'd be a good moderator
I spend several hours on SO daily. Dedicating 30 minutes or more/day is easily doable
Since I hit 10k, I've made good use of the tools given to me and raised 2852 helpful flags
My meta participation is a bit low, but I'm working on improving that
I'm very even headed. If you ever drop by the Android chat room, or goes over its transcripts, you'll find that in my role as room owner I'm always fair in my decisions and don't pick fights with anyone at all
I'm patient and willing to help. In many cases, I go to great lengths to help out people, explaining over a few comments or on chat how to solve the problem
could use some major cleanup right now, and I can do that with mod tools. It is 650k+ questions, making it one of the biggest.
This is my third consecutive year standing for moderator. I've learnt a lot more things and come a long way in that time. In fact, I turn 18 a day before the voting starts
My participation did drop down in the past few months due to my final set of school exams. With those out of the way, I should be back on this site as I used to
I'm in UTC+5:30, a timezone with mod shortage
Things not in my favor:
No prior moderating experience except some edits and closing and flagging done here on SO
I don't have much flagging count to my name but that's largely because I'm much more active on giving answers on SO. That's also the reason for why I'm not active on MSO.
Why I want to be a moderator and how I can help:
My Meta contribution may be less but I do know how to handle issues. I'm no batman and I commit mistakes too. Though I'm in 10th grade(which is one of the most important stages in an Indian student's life), I'm quite active on SO (which actually bothers mom).
But I've managed to balance both pretty well. I'd love to have some experience moderating SO and I'll try to keep the tags on which I'm active at, like ,
and other such tags.
In case I don't know what to do with a particular case, I'd ask fellow moderators about it, if by any chance, I happen to be a mod.
Responsibilities inspire me, so I'd love the chance to become the mod and will do my best to keep SO clean.
Since I'm mostly active here and don't have any other job to do, I'd actively involve in keeping the site clean.
Why slugster?
The primary phase will be finished shortly and I would like to give a big "Thanks!!" to all those who voted for me.
While I didn't make the top 10 (yet - there's still time and your vote counts!), there are worthy contenders at the top of the list and Stack Overflow is set to gain some excellent new mods.
I'm going to keep this short and sweet - you need a flag handling machine who is on Stack Overflow for upwards of 12 hours a day (in the UTC+12 New Zealand timezone, if that matters to you - I can cover NZ, Australia and probably most of the SE Asian timezones).
You should base your vote on previous history rather than just promises. My MetaSE activity alone shows that I've reached 115K people with my helpful posts.
you can see that I'm serious about improvement in the site.
Combine that with my
activity you can see that I'm also serious about helping people.
Hi all. I'm hichris123, a student who is not a pink gravatar in real life.
For the past year or so, I've been involved with moderation more than answering/asking questions. I'm an active editor, close/reopen voter, and flagger with 5040 helpful flags. I spend a lot of my time in the
tag, which is always in need of moderation help. I'm also part of the Charcoal team, which develops tools
I am currently a pro-tem moderator on . Because of this, I am very familiar with the moderation tools and the current moderators.
I'm also active in chat, mostly in . I'm also fairly active on Meta. Being a moderator would allow me to handle other people's flags, rather than bothering the current moderators with flags of my own, and also make the Stack Overflow community a cleaner place. Thank you for your consideration.
Hello, I'm Michael and I love Stack Overflow.
I've been a web developer for well over a decade. The web is dynamic and always evolving. Because of that, Stack Overflow holds a special place in my heart as a place to teach and learn.
While my initial goals on Stack Overflow were to grow as a developer, I have also evolved. The time I spend here now revolves around improving content. My philosophy is that a question that is well organized and concise attracts more quality answers. Furthermore, the benefits progress how our questions are indexed by search engines.
One area which I believe needs a lot of love is tagging. I want to be more hands-on in SO's taxonomy, helping to bring content into the eyes of the subject matter experts. Content is only as good as it is accessible.
Numbers can tell a story, but I don't put much weight in them. I'm here to help, not get the high score. If you're interested in how I've contributed over the past 5 years, please .
Good luck to everyone! There are a lot of outstanding members in the community who continue to make SO the best professional Q&A site!
I'm Andy and I want to be one of your moderators.
Why vote for me?
I've built an automated script to handle . It runs daily, probably to the chagrin of the current moderators, but it helps keep the comments noise down and it is incredibly accurate.
In addition to the automated flagging, I participate in the review queues, provide edits and post .
As a moderator of , I know the tools used by the Stack Exchange sites. I've used this position to interact with the existing moderators for advise and questions. This interaction will not only continue but be helpful as a new moderator to SO.
I have the flagging history and experience to make the appropriate judgement calls.
I feel that is a positive attribute that will help me in helping you to have the best experience you can on Stack Overflow.
I'll continue to help improve the site regardless of whether I am elected or not. I will be able to do a much better job at that, though, as one of your moderators.
I'd like to serve as a moderator. Here's why I think I can do a great job:
Every week, I use some queries I wrote to find voting fraud - with a fairly high accuracy rate. I'd like to cut out the middleman and be able to deal with these myself.
I'm already moderating Software Recommendations (one of the more active beta sites on the network), so I already know where all the moderation buttons are and what they do. I won't take nearly as long to learn the ropes here. I can get right to work.
I will make mistakes. When I do, I will do what I can to make it right and take full responsibility for it on Meta. Don't take my word for it, .
I already interact with much of the existing team on a daily basis in the moderator chatroom. I'm confident that I can handle the workload, and that I'll fit in well with the team.
I have 21k reputation on Meta Stack Exchange, and I know the system very well.
I'm UTC-7, and my
shows when I'm active.
I'd like to be a janitor for the site, and be able to do more to help.
Hello, my name is Martijn Pieters and I am a Stack Overflow Ninja.
I' you may have seen me active there . As such I am already devoting quite some time to help run this place, next to my .
And I am addicted to it. I ask you to help me feed this addiction, and elect me moderator so that I can help more, clean up more, support more.
I've always been the quiet admin in the background, gardening the system and keeping out the cruft, the garbage and the critters. I've been a moderator of various groups, forums and bulletin board sites, and I've naturally extended this to Stack Overflow. I , resulting in a
and better questions.
Make me mod, and I'll extend that drive to the flag queue!
I need something to pass the time while I'm at work. But, seriously, I love the community for what it offers. I've learned a lot by answering questions on here, reading other posts, and some from asking questions. I would like to do what I can to help keep it productive for myself and others. I have SO open pretty much all day and already spend much more than 30 minutes a day on here.
How can I help
I've had some decent suggestions on meta (I think) about how to make some things better but I won't say I'm a great "idea guy". However, I can be very fair, open-minded, and would love to hear suggestions from the community so I could help to shape those ideas into something that can be implemented with great style on the site.
Experience
I don't have experience as a forum or site moderator from anywhere else but nowhere else than SE really matters, right? Right? Anyway, I am a room owner of The Android room and I think most folks in there would say I'm fair.I do feel that I have adequate experience on SE with answers, questions, comments, edits, and the like to show that I understand the site well enough to would be a good moderator.
My name is Matt Eagar. I've been an avid and daily user of Stack Overflow for over 5 years. During that time I've visited the site on 1772 days, , raised 2221 helpful flags, , participated in meta and chat, and spent countless hours moderating the site in everything but name.
I believe Stack Overflow is a place for reference-quality writing, and I believe votes (up and down) and comments are a great way of providing feedback when content doesn't meet this high bar. It is a high bar, but it is also the reason Stack Overflow is what it is: The best place on the Internet for hobbyist and professional developers to get quality feedback in exchange for asking good questions.
At the same time, new users are the lifeblood of any site. It's too easy to place the burden of getting their first post just right on new users. I believe our experienced users and moderators have a duty to teach new users how to contribute, by leading by example and where that fails, gentle encouragement.
I'm back after narrowly losing last year to humbly ask again for the opportunity to be your moderator.
H I'm AstroCB.
I'll keep my Stack Over you can read the rest .
I've been a member of Stack Overflow for a little over a year, but it was a strong force in helping me learn to program years before that (and it still is, as you can never really be finished learning about programming). I'd like to give back, so I decided to throw my name into the ring.
I'm an avid fan of editing and I think that communication between users is extremely important, so my focus would certainly be slanted there if elected.
Being able to communicate effectively through writing is important because moderators often have to explain their decisions and communicate site policies to new and old users alike, and I think that's my strong suit.
At the time of this writing, I'm Meta's fifth
– Meta is a place where the site is governed and policies are formed, and I think it's an important place for moderators to have a presence.
I have lots of flags and reviews (which I can tell you about if you ask), but I think that, more than anything, my actions and correspondences with other users should speak for themselves.
I'd make a good moderator because I'm great with online communities, have been a member for almost 5.5 years, & I love Stack Exchange. I'd love the opportunity to serve.---
From the Questionnaire:
...my expertise at moderating online communities: I founded a Facebook group for my college, because the existing one fell into chaos when the moderators graduated. I elected nine other admins to help me, and now we're at nearly 2,500 users.
...my English skills: I'm a journalism minor. If it wouldn't mean an extra year in college, I'd have double majored. My editing skills mean I can help upkeep site quality and save questions.
...my emotional investment in the SE network: I've been the the SE offices a few times, and hosted an English.SE reading day at .
Feel free to have a look at my answers to see where I've engaged new users and fostered growth on the website. I put effort into my answers and would do the same when moderating.
Thanks for reading, and please ask if you have any questions!
Our flag queues are growing. A moderator must be hard-working and commit the time to acting as a janitor. Hopefully my work on projects such as , , , etc. have shown my work ethic. As a freelancer, I set my own schedule and can continue to commit my time. Being fairly active during the down time of other moderators, I will improve our response time to issues during off hours.
Moderators must be respectful, open-minded, and fair. Moderators are an extension of the community. I believe in firm but flexible moderation: Communities grow organically, I will uphold evolving values.
I am patient with even the most frustrating users, firm but gentle when needed (frustration often stems from deeper systemic issues). Hopefully, my
illustrate that I demonstrate patience and respect. Encouraging new users to be active is key to long term success. We must keep the big picture in mind without alienating individuals in the process.
Good luck to this year's candidates. No matter who is elected, SO wins.
I would like to nominate myself, Kevin, for the moderator position.
I'm a very active member of the community, both doing my best to write good questions, helping people improve their questions to get better answers, as well as spending time in the moderation queue each morning which I have time set aside for, and whenever I have a few moments to spare.
I would like to be a moderator to better serve the community. I respect people, whether they are a beginner or a seasoned expert. I've been a beginner before, and I know the best way to be helpful to them is to be patient. Like anyone else, I make mistakes, and I have no intention of being bullish or unwilling to admit a mistake. Rather I think those traits strongly indicate someone well suited for moderatorship.
My most passionate concerns are ensuring beginners get a good experience, and keeping up with the moderation queue. There are a lot of posts that need to be handled, both the way we currently handle them, and exploring new ways to better enable to community to self-moderate.
Greetings!
My name is Sergey K., and I would like to nominate myself.
My Unique Selling Points
During the last 3 years SO had a viral attraction on me. I enjoy SO and I extensively edit and review posts here. I enjoy making this site cleaner. The moderator duties will not be something new to me. I really want to help them out and already spend several hours a day on SO.
Why Not Me?
I don't have any kind of noble ranks on Meta, but only because I rarely find situations on meta where someone else hasn't already voiced an opinion I agree or disagree with, in which case, up and down votes are usually more than adequate.
Achievements
1,828 flags
7,574 votes
1,025 days
1,234 edits
Badges: 5x Steward, Marshal, Copy Editor, Fanatic
Thanks for reading and good luck to all nominees!
I'm Mooseman. A programmer in the US who is severely addicted to the internet. I already . Besides the day-to-day moderator duties (being a so-called "human exception handler"), I believe we can all agree that
Spam must die.
One thing I love about the Stack Overflow community is that we work together to destroy garbage. Through means such as
we can get a lot done. Being a moderator would help me to help the community by burning the most hideous of spam with a single vote. I'd be honored to do so with every click.
I also achieve a sense of satisfaction when re reviewing the many situations that arise and helping the community get along and grow.
Working towards a consensus whenever possible and doing my best to suggest reasonable solutions to problems is a challenge I enjoy. I believe I know when to ask for the thoughts and advice of others.
If you elect me Stack Overflow moderator, I promise to do my best to help the site be community-created, spam-free, high-quality knowledge base it was always meant to be.
I want to moderate Stack Overflow so I can handle the relationship with the other software development related sites, such as Programmers, Code Review, and Programming Puzzles & Code Golf. As a current moderator on Programmers, I have familiarity with the procedures of moderation, the tools available to me, and a desire to make the network a better place.
I will make it my mission to ensure that the high quality questions are migrated to the right site and the low quality questions are stopped dead in their tracks. I pledge to rain hell-fire down upon those who suggest that users cross-post to other sites, especially when they do not show signs of participation on those sites.
Hey! I am Second Rikudo, and I'd like to nominate myself as a moderator for Stack Overflow.
Before we get to some stats, I'd like to present what I think matters most in a mod. I think a mod should be professional, patient with users, and slow to judge. Someone with the humility to make mistakes and learn from them, but also someone who stands firm behind their decisions.
I think that mods are those who should be aware of the issues currently at hand, and be able to answer appropriately.
I am an active member for 3 years, 8 months, in which I've
Awarded and offered a total of 8700 points for bounties (The vast majority of which go to )
Voted to close 4,362 questions.
Achieved a gold badge on the , ,
I am currently a moderator on , I know the system, I know the people, and I have the experience I think is a must for any moderator on such a large community.
I also plan on being one of the only diamond mods regularly active in chat.
Good luck to all candidates!
Thanks for reading!
I'm still here a (after yet another) year on with more experience of the community and with no less passion than I did before to help out where I can...
My beliefs/actions are still the same:
editing and improving posts where possible (no point closing a question if it's reasonably salvageable by an edit), participating in close (especially to tidy up duplicates)/re-open, (un)delete votes and assisting with flagged posts
part of a community that's working on a system for a Python Wiki based on SO and building SO chat rooms
have spent several years dealing with conflicts as an IRC Operator and Channel Services Admin
being respectful, open-minded, patient and fair - just don't confuse that with being non-decisive or a "walkover"
keep up to date with Meta (even if I don't say much that often)
I am an enthusiast of the Stack Exchange platform. I (tried to have) helped with network-wide quality control projects. I've been on Stack Overflow for less than 12 months, but had myself doing my best to contribute to it by posting, commenting, reviewing and various moderation acts as best I can while maintaining a balance between participating on here, work, school and various projects.
I used to be moderators of two small communities (both being forums) and developed a Minecraft network. I am a regex fanatic. I enjoy learning new things and helping others learn, too.
As of date, I am subscribed to several tags, of which I sift through every of them to review and up/down/close-vote them and hope to find interesting posts to read and share with people. I (own and) participate in the SO Tavern. I'm also frequently found in Java Chat. I also join the Tavern on the Meta and helps voting to close questions which are dire to be closed, among other things.
Here is a spreadsheet showing my flag statistics:
I am on Stack Overflow for 789 consecutive days out of 834. Hopefully this does attest to my dedication to the site. I take a lot of pride in my work here, but it's also fun. I enjoy it.
While it's true that I focus on specific tags related to web technologies, I think this is OK. Focus (over spreading across a variety of different topics) is important, and helps to keep things ordered and questions answered that in turn the community, and others who seek help - can find it.
Thank you.
This election is complete.
In the nomination phase, any community member in good standing with more than 6,598 reputation may nominate themselves to be a community moderator.
Nominees are required to construct a small, freely editable introduction to describe why they might make a good community moderator. Comments are active during the length of the nomination phase – please comment freely, particularly if there is any way a nominee introduction can be improved or refined to be more clear.
All nominees are displayed in most recently nominated first order.
Nominat nominees may withdraw at their discretion at any point during the nomination phase.
After 7 days, the top 30 nominees, ordered by reputation, advance to the primary phase. However, if there are 10 or fewer candidates, we skip directly to the election phase.
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled

我要回帖

更多关于 regretfully 的文章

随机推荐