she hopes___ beijing again nexr year A. visiting aunt sara.

They looked forward Beijing again. [ ] A. to visit B. visiting C. visit D. to visiting 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
They looked forward ________ Beijing again.
to visiting
答案:D解析:
look forward to中to是一个介词,后面要加名词或动名词。
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Geena David knew she wanted to be a movie star when she was very young.She was not sure what gave her the idea, but she wanted to look like a movie star.“I have a lot of pictures from my childhood of me wearing sunglasses,” she says.“I used to wear them to watch TV.” &&&&&& Early movie actors started wearing sunglasses not because they looked good, but because their eyes hurt.The lights used on movie sets were extremely bright and could cause a painful problem known as “Klieg eyes”.It was named after the Klieg brothers who invented the lights.Actors wore sunglasses to give their eyes a rest.But when movie stars began wearing their sunglasses in public, they quickly became a must. &&&&&& Eventually actors started wearing sunglasses in their movies as well as on the street.Audrey Hephburn wore ultra-cool Ray-Ban sunglasses in the 1961 movie, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.As a result, Ray-Ban sunglasses started to appear more and more in the movies.In 1979, Ray-Ban “Wayfarers” were worn by Jake and Elwoo d in The Blue Brothers.Tom Cruise wore Ray-Ban “Aviator” sunglasses in the 1986 hit, Top Gun.Then in 1997, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones made Ray-Ban “Predator” sunglasses famous in Men in Black. &&&&&& Of course sunglasses aren’t just a fashion statement.The main reason to wear sunglasses is to protect our eyes against UV radiation.UV radiation can damage our eyes, so people now choose their sunglasses carefully.But you don’t have to give up style for safety.The choice of frames and lenses available these days is huge.So you can protect your eyes and still be the coolest person on the beach. What is mainly discussed in this passage? &&&&&& A.The use of sunglasses.&& B.The history of sunglasses. &&&&&& C.The sunglasses wearing.&&&&&& D.Why movie stars like to wear sunglasses. Why did Geena David like to wear sunglasses? &&&&&& A.She was a movie star. &&&&&& B.She wanted to follow a movie star. &&&&&& C.Wearing sunglasses was good for her eyes. &&&&&& D.It was good to wear sunglasses when watching TV. Early actors’ eyes hurt because ______. &&&&&& A.they wore sunglasses&&&&&& B.they went out in the sun too much &&&&&& C.the lights on movie sets were too bright D.their scripts were written in very small writing We may know from this passage that ______. &&&&&& A.Audrey Hephburn was a famous film star &&&&&& B.Ray-Ban is the name of sunglasses maker &&&&&& C.Sunglasses made Top Gun the hit in 1986 &&&&&& &D.Men in Black must be an advertisement of sunglasses Now people wear sunglasses ______. &&&&&& A.just to protect their eyes& B.for fashion and to protect their eyes &&&&&& C.because of bright lights&& D.because movie stars wear them
来源:2014届山西省晋中市高二下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
About twenty of us had been fortunate enough toreceive invitations to a film-studio(影棚)to takepart in a crowd-scene. Although our &act& would last only for a shorttime, we could see quite a number of interesting things.We all stood at the far end of the studio as workmenprepared the scene, setting up trees at the edge of a winding path. Very soon,bright lights were turned on and the big movie-camera was wheeled intoposition. The director shouted something to the camera operator and then wentto speak to the two famous actors nearby. Since it was hot in the studio, itcame as a surprise to us to see one of the actors put on a heavy overcoat andstart walking along the path. A big fan began blowing tiny white feathers downon him, and soon the trees were covered in &snow&. Two more fans wereturned on, and a &strong wind& blew through the trees. The picturelooked so real that it made us feel cold.The next scene was a complete contrast (对比).The way it was filmed was quite unusual. Picturestaken on an island in the Pacific were shown on a glass screen. An actor andactress stood in front of the scene so that they looked as if they were at thewater's edge on an island. By a simple trick like this, palm trees, sandybeaches, and blue, clear skies had been brought into the studio!Since it was our turn next, we were left wonderingwhat scene would be prepared for us. For a full three minutes in our lives wewould be experiencing the excitement of being film “Stars”!1.Who is the author?A.A cameraman.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.A filmdirector.C.A workman forscene setting&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.A crowd-sceneactor2. What made the author feel cold?A.The heavysnowfall.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.The filmbeing shown.C.The lowtemperature.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.The man-madescene.3.What would happen in the &three minutes&mentioned, in the last paragraph?A.A new scenewould be filmed.B.More starswould act in the film.C.The authorwould leave the studio.D.The nextscene would be prepared.&
来源:2014届宁夏高二上学期期末考试英语试卷(解析版)
It’s easy to see how to help others, but what aboutthose whose needs aren’t so obvious? This story may have happened a while back,but it was a lesson which has stayed with me and helped me ever since.It was Thanksgiving and I was volunteering with myparents at a shelter for the poor. We stood behind the counter dishing out hotfood to whoever came in. Most of our dinners looked like they had been havinghard times, their clothes old, worn and dry. In short, they looked poor!Then, a man came in, who looked anything but poor. Hewas well dressed, wearing an expensive suit. I wondered what he was doing thereand my jaw dropped in amazement when he joined the line for food. The closer hecame to my service station, the more I muttered(咕哝着).What was this man doing? I wanted to know. Surely he wasn’t going to take food.Then my mother quietly took me to one side. She said,“You have assumed that the needs of the people who come here must be purelyphysical: hunger, no enough shelter and needs are excitable? What if he needscomfort, friends, or just to be among other human beings?” Her words hit melike a ton of bricks! I felt like I should apologize to the man, but I didn’t. About a week later the shelter received a largedonation from an anonymous(匿名的) source. I can’t helpbut wonder if it came from that man.Now, whether I meet others, I remember my mother’swords and try to send kindness and blessings to them, regardless of how theylook.Needs aren’t always visible. But kindness always makesa difference.1.The task of the author at the shelter was to_______.A.decidewhether dinners looked poorB.learn lifeexperience thereC.serve hotfood to the poorD.help parentsorder dishes2.When the man waited in line, how did the authorfeel?A.Surprised&&&&&&&& B.Pitiful&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Excited&&&&&&&&&& D.Angry3.What can we infer from the last paragraph?A.We shouldshow others kindness whatever their needs areB.Some needscan’t be known clearly at timesC.Needs canalways be met by kindnessD.We shouldfind out others’ needs&
来源:2013届度江苏省扬州市高二上学期期中考试英语题
Ellenand Bill County are both teachers. They met in college and became good friendsbecause of their shared love for children. Two years after the couple gotmarried, Ellen saw a huge change in the life of one of her students, a9-year-old girl. Three years ago both of the little girl’s parents had died and there was no one to take care of her.She was taken away to live in a government office. But finally she was taken inand adopted by a family and became their daughter. Ellen said that she noticedthe difference in the child’s life after she was placed in apermanent home and thought that maybe she and her husband could help a child ina similar way.&They decided to become temporary parents and to take a child into their home onthe weekends when the real parents could not take care of him or her. The pairplanned to have their own children in a few years, but decided that this wouldbe a way to give to the community in the meantime.&The couple quickly grew to love one of the children they looked after. When hebecame legally available, Billy became the first child they took inpermanently. Six months after adopting Billy, Ellen was told by her doctor thatshe was unable to have children naturally. Ellen says she knew then thatadoption was the way she was meant to have a family.&Since adopting Billy, now 17, Ellen and Bill have adopted five more children--- Rose,16; Albert, 11; Joshua, 5 andin June 2003, they added biological brother and sister Tyler and Rylee to theCounty family.&The County family has been recognized for their work on adoption, and havereceived many awards for their efforts. Last June, the family was eveninterviewed on the television show, “Adoption Stories”.&Ellen says she would like to encourage other families to adopt children. Sheadds that the best part of being a mother of six is: “GivingJosh a bath, putting a band-aid on a cut knee or just the everyday mom things,that makes motherhood such an honor and a privilege.”1.What is the passage mainly about?A.How a couple first met atcollege&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B.Where you can adopt a childC.The benefits of adoption to the community&&&& && D.How adoption created a happy family2.Why did Ellen and Bill firstdecide to adopt a childe?A.Because they had always loved children very muchB.Because they saw the benefits of adoption for a childC.Because they were not able to have children of their ownD.Because they wanted to receive awards for their community work3.Which of the children are relatedto each other by blood?A.Rylee and Tyler& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Billy and TylerC.Albert and Joshua&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Rose and Albert4.What can be inferred from thispassage?A.Ellen had thought of adopting a child before getting married.B.Only kids under 16 can be adopted by a familyC.A loving family is important to a child’shappinessD.Adopting a child always makes the family become famous&
来源:2010年北京市高三上学期期中考试英语卷
Grown-ups know that people and objects aresolid. At the movies, we know that if we reach out to touch Tom Cruise, all wewill feel is air. But does a baby have this understanding? To see whether babies know objects are solid, T.Bower designed a method for projecting an optical illusion of a hanging ball.His plan was to first give babies a real ball, one they could reach out andtouch, and then to show them the illusion. If they knew that objects are solidand they reached out for the illusion and found empty air, they could beexpected to show surprise in their faces and movements. All the 16 to24-week-old babies tested were surprised when they reached for the illusion andfound that the ball was not there. Grown-ups also have a sense of objectpermanence. We know that if we put a box in a room and lock the door, the boxwill still be there when we come back. But does a baby realize that a ball thatrolls under a chair does not disappear and go to never-never land? Experiments done by Bower suggest that babiesdevelop a sense of object permanence when they are about 18 weeks old. In hisexperiments, Bower used a toy train that went behind a screen. When 16-week-oldand 22-week-old babies watched the toy train disappear behind the left side ofthe screen, they looked to the right, expecting it to reappear. If theexperimenter took the train off the table and lifted the screen, all the babiesseemed surprised not to see the train. This seems to show that all the babieshad a sense of object permanence. But the second part of the experiment showedthat this was not really the case. The researcher substituted a ball for thetrain when it went behind the screen. The 22-week-old babies seemed surprisedand looked back to the left side for the train. But the 16-week-old babies didnot seem to notice the switch. Thus, the 16-week-old babies seemed to have asense of “something permanence, while the 22-week-old babies had a sense ofobject permanence related to a particular object. &1.The passage is mainly about _____. &&&&&&&& A.babies’ sense of sight&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.effects of experiments on babies &&&&&&&& C.babies’ understanding of objects &&&&&&&& D.different tests on babies’ feelings 2. In Paragraph 3, “object permanence” meansthat when out of sight, an object ________. &&&&&&&& A.stillexists&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.keeps its shape&&&&&&&& C.still stayssolid&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.is beyond reach 3.What did Bower use in his experiments? &&&&&&&& A.A chair.&&&& B. A screen.&&& && C.A film.&&& &&&&& D. A box. 4.Which of the following statements is true? &&&&&&&& A.The babies didn’t have a sense of direction.&&& &&&&&&&& B.The older babies preferred toy trains to balls. &&&&&&&& C.The younger babies liked looking for missing objects.&&& &&&&&&&& D.The babies couldn’t tell a ball from its optical illusion. &
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 visiting student 的文章

随机推荐