资源篮中还没有资源,赶紧挑选吧!
全国各地2018届九年级第二次(10月)月考英语试题汇总
学 科:英语
适用年级:初三
适用地区:
创建人:hongmeizxxk
浏览量:3311
更新时间: 10:03:55
专辑简介:全国各地2018届九年级第二次(10月)月考英语试题汇总由学科网小编整理并分享,欢迎老师同学们下载并阅读。如果对你有帮助,请继续支持查看...
本专辑共 200 份文档
华北 ? 华中 ? 东北
华东 ? 华南
西北 ? 西南
Copyright & Phoenix E-Learning Corporation, All Rights Reserved2017年初三第二次联考英语试题_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2017年初三第二次联考英语试题
阅读已结束,下载文档到电脑
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,方便使用
还剩10页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢2015九年级英语上册第二单元基础试题(新目标英语带答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2015九年级英语上册第二单元基础试题(新目标英语带答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
2015九年级英语上册第二单元基础试题(新目标英语带答案)
本资料为WORD文档,请点击下载地址下载
文 章来源莲山 课件 w w w.5Y k J.Com Unit 2 I think that mooncakes are delicious! 单元基础水平测试题(试题总分100分& 测试时间45分钟)一. 单项选择(每小题1分,共15分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中选择可以填入空白处的最佳答案。(&& )1. Peter, please give my best wishes ______ your family. A. for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. at&&&& C. to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. from(&& )2. I wonder ______ Jane will sing an English song at the party.A. if&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. that& C. which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. where(&& )3. Jeff has two pen pals. One is from Australia and ______ is from Canada.A. others&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. another&&&&&& C. the others&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. the other(&& )4. We don’t know her. She is a ______ to us.A. relative&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. stranger&&& C. sister&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. classmate (&& )5. The villagers found a ______ dog in the house. Perhaps it died two days ago.A. dead&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sick&&&&&&&& C. young&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. strong(&& )6. Sam’s parents used to ______ him by not letting him watch TV.A. forget&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. lay&&&&&&&&& C. punish&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. admire(&& )7. Some students in Class Two think the museum is fun ______.A. visiting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. visit&&&&&&& C. to visiting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. to visit5(&& )8. Linda’s father was ______ happy ______ he bought a new bike for her.A. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. toC. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. to(&& )9. There are many ways ______ the festival. Which one do you like?A. celebrate&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. to celebrate&&&& C. celebrating&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. to celebrating& (&& )10. ______ clean the classroom is! Who cleaned it?01A. How a&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. What a&&&&&&& C. What&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. How(& )11. ______ is a good idea to dress up as a black cat on Halloween.A. This&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. That&& C. It&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. One(&& )12. ―______ do you like best about the Mid-Autumn Festival?―I enjoy the delicious mooncakes.A. What&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Why&&&&&&&& C. When&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. How(&& )13. Rick has ______ five pounds because of eating too much during the Spring Festival.A. laid out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. turned on&&&&&& C. cut out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. put on(&& )14. The doctor warned us ______ more fruit and vegetables instead of meat.A. to eating&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. to eat&&&&&&& C. eat&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. eating(&& )15. ―We’re going to have a party for mothers on Mother’s Day.―______. May I join you?A. No problem&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Have a good tripC. Sounds like fun&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Sorry to hear that二. 完形(每小题1分,共10分)先通读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从A、B、C、D四个选项中选择可以填入空白处的最佳答案。Thanksgiving Day was near. The first grade teacher asked&& 1&& students to draw a picture of something that they were thankful for. People celebrated the holiday&& 2&& turkey and other traditional foods of the season. So, most of her students’ pictures were about them.& 3& , Peter drew a different kind of picture. Peter was a different kind of boy. He always looked sad. When asked to draw a picture of something for which he was thankful, he drew a&& 4& . Other students were all very interested in the picture. Whose hand could it be? One child guessed it was the hand of a farmer, because farmers feed&& 5& . Another thought it was the hand of a policeman, because the police&& 6&& and care for people. Still others guessed it was the hand of God ... The discussion went on until the teacher almost&& 7&& the young artist. During the break, all children ran out of the classroom except Peter. The teacher came to Peter’s&& 8& , bent (俯身) down, and asked him whose hand it was. The little boy&& 9&& and said in a low voice, “It’s yours, teacher.”She remembered the times she took his hand and walked with him here or there. She&& 10&& said, “Take my hand, Peter. Let’s go outside” or “Let me show you how to use your pencil.” Peter was very thankful for his teacher. (& )1. A. his&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. her&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. our&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. my (& )2. A. at&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. in&&&&&&&&&&& C. for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. with (& )3. A. Anyway&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Then&&&&&&&&& C. However&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Instead(& )4. A. head&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. farmer&&&&&&& C. hand&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. policeman (& )5. A. sheep&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cows&&&&&&&& C. pigs&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. turkeys(& )6. A. punish&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. protect&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. catch&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. call& (& )7. A. admired&&&&&&&&&& B. noticed&&&&&&&&&&&& C. forgot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. found (& )8. A. desk&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. classroom&&&&&&&&& C. house&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. school(& )9. A. gave up&&&&&&&&&& B. dressed up&&&&& C. looked up&&&&&&&&&& D. stayed up(& )10. A. still&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. even&&&&&&&&&&& C. often&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. never三. 理解(每小题2分,共30分)❋ A ❋There are many different kinds of festivals around the world. Here are four of them. Saint Patrick’s Day in IrelandIreland is an island country. It’s in the west of Europe. There are wide green fields (田野). Saint Patrick’s Day is on March 17. It’s an important holiday in Ireland. This holiday is to remember Saint Patrick. He did good things for the people of Ireland. During the holiday, there are parades (游行) and lots of green. You can see people in green clothes, and you can even see green buildings. Red Wednesday in IranRed Wednesday is a fire jumping festival in Iran. It is on the eve of the last Wednesday of the year. People jump over the fire. They hope that it will take all the bad things away. The Winter Carnival in CanadaWhen winter comes, it’s party time in Quebec City, Canada. The Quebec Winter Carnival is all about outdoor fun. It starts from the first Sunday in February and lasts for 10 days. One of the most popular events is the dog sled (雪橇) race. It has more than 30 teams and the race goes on for 6 kilometers. You can see joy and happiness on every face. The Desert Festival in TunisiaTunisia is a very important country in North Africa. Every year on the last Sunday in December, the Desert Festival is held in Tunisia. As “ships of the desert”, camels (骆驼) have the leading role in the festival. There are camel racing and camel wrestling (摔跤). 根据材料内容选择最佳答案。(& )1. On Saint Patrick’s Day, you can see the following EXCEPT ______.A. camels&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. parades&&&&&&&&&&& C. people in green&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. green buildings(& )2. What do people do on Red Wednesday in Iran?A. They run in the snow.&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. They wear red clothes. C. They jump over the fire. D. They watch the camel racing.(& )3. Which of the following is TRUE about the dog sled race according to the passage?A. The race happens on March 17. B. The race goes on for 6 kilometers. C. The race has a history of about 10 years.D. About 30 people go to the race every year.(& )4. When is the Desert Festival in Tunisia every year?A. On the first Sunday in February. B. On the last Sunday in December. C. On the eve of the last Friday of the year. D. On the eve of the last Wednesday of the year.& (& )5. Where can we probably find this passage?A. In a storybook.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. In a cookbook.&& C. In a travel magazine.&&&&&& D. In a sport magazine. 02❋ B ❋&When Vivienne Harr was 8 years old, she saw a photo she would never forget. It was a photo of two young boys carrying large, heavy rocks on their backs. These children were the same age as Vivienne. But they did not have the same freedom and opportunities (自由和机会) that she has.In some parts of the world, children have to work hard long days and they can’t go to school. Vivienne wanted to change this. “I want all kids to be able to go to school and play,” said Vivienne, now 10. “I want them to be happy.”To help raise money for children like the two boys in the photo, Vivienne started a lemonade stand (柠檬汽水摊位) near her home in Marin County, California. She promised to work every day for a year, rain or shine. “Sometimes, it was hard for me, when the weather was bad or I wasn’t feeling well,” said Vivienne. “But I knew that some children were having a harder time than I was.”Vivienne’s goal (目标) was to raise $100,000 in 365 days. On Day 175, she reached her goal. But that didn’t stop Vivienne from working. With the help of her family, she started Make a Stand. The company (公司) now puts Vivienne’s lemonade into bottles (瓶子) and sells it in 130 stores around the USA. A small part of sales goes to help achieve Vivienne’s dream ― to make the world a better place for all children.根据材料内容选择最佳答案。(& )6. The underlined word “this” in Paragraph 2 refers to the fact that ______.A. some children have to work all day and can’t go to school B. some children don’t have clean water to drinkC. some children don’t have enough food to eat&& D. some children have no home(& )7. We can learn from the passage that Vivienne ______.A. is 8 years old&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. is from California C. has two brothers&&&&&&&&&&& D. mainly worked in good weather (& )8. Vivienne reached her goal of raising $100,000 ______ after she started the lemonade stand.A. 130 days&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 175 days&& C. 10 months&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. a year(& )9. Make a Stand is the name of ______.A. a kind of lemonade&&&&&&&&& B. a kind of bottle&&& C. a store&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. a company(& )10. Which is the best title of the passage?A. Vivienne and her dream&&&&&& B. A young inventorC. The story of two young boys&& D. How to make lemonade ❋ C ❋Have you ever tried to write a poem (诗歌)? It’s easier than you might think. Just pick up a pen and begin practicing. Here are the steps to write a poem.Choose your topic. (11)__________ Some people can start writing poems without really deciding when their pen or pencil hits the paper the words just flow (畅流). Most people, on the other hand, need a topic and as a beginner, this is the best way to start. It’s easier to write a good poem about something you know well or you have experienced.Freewrite for five minutes about your topic. Then go back and read it. Are any words or phrases (短语) especially good? (12)__________ For example, if you are describing something (i.e. a bird), write down descriptive words about it (i.e. looks, colors), and the type of story you would like to tell about (i.e. the bird fell out of a tree). If you are writing about an event in your life, write down your feelings and thoughts (想法) of that event.Write your poem. Remember, a poem doesn’t have to rhyme (押韵). (13)__________ But it should show your feelings of the topic. And it should sound nice to you.Have a friend read your poem aloud to you. (14)__________ If not, go back and rewrite the parts you don’t like. (15)__________ Read it to others. Say it aloud to yourself. Put it somewhere if you want.& 根据材料内容,将A―E五个句子还原到文中空白处,使短文完整、通顺,并将其标号填写在下面题号后的横线上。A. Do you like the way it sounds?B. Mark them and use them in your poem.C. Enjoy your poem.D. What would you like your poem to be about?E. It doesn’t have to use sentences, either.11. _____& 12. _____& 13. _____& 14. _____& 15. _____四. 情景交际(每小题1分,共5分)根据对话内容,在空白处填上恰当的句子补全对话。A: Good morning! (1)___________________?B: Yes, please. I’d like to buy something for my father. It’s Father’s Day tomorrow.A: Well, you’re a good boy. (2)___________________? B: I don’t know what to buy. A: (3)___________________?B: He likes reading books.A: (4)___________________?B: Books about sports. A: OK. Here are books about sports. You can choose some for your father.(Ten minutes later) B: I’ll take these two books. (5)___________________?8A: Forty yuan.B: Here’s the money. Thanks a lot.A: You’re welcome.五. 词汇运用(每小题1分,共5分)根据句意,用括号内所给单词的适当形式。1. It would be a shame ________(steal) others’ things.3原创作品2. She ________(lay) her hand on my head.3. He led the child into the ________(warm) of the house.4. The radio ________(spread) the news as soon as it happened.5. Have you ever read ________(novel) written by Jane Austen?六. 完成句子(每小题1分,共5分) 根据各题后括号内的要求完成下列各题,每空一词。 1. Do you eat zongzi on the Dragon Boat Festival?& (补全肯定答语)________, we ________.2. We can’t see anybody in the room.& (改为同义句)There ________ ________ in the room. 3. We should help each other.& (改为同义句)We should help ________ ________.4. Gina likes April Fool’s Day because she can fool others on that day.& (对划线部分提问)________ ________ Gina like April Fool’s Day?5. Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday in November.& (对划线部分提问)________ ________ Thanksgiving?七. 综合填空(每小题1分,共10分)从方框中选择恰当的词,并用其适当形式填空,使短文完整、通顺。每词限用一次,其中有两个是多余的。it, kite, something, man, large, study, like, small, peace, animal, write, scarySarah came to China with her parents three years ago. She has been (1)________ in a middle school in Shanghai since then. Last night, Sarah (2)________ an e-mail to her cousin in Tennessee. Dear Cindy, How are you? Today I want to tell you (3)________ about China. China has the (4)________ population in the world. But don’t worry! The Chinese have a lot of room (空间). It’s the third largest country in the world in size.The dragon is the national symbol of China. It always has (5)________ teeth and may breathe fire through (6)________ mouth and nose.People can see Chinese dragons on the streets during Spring Festival. They also fly dragon-shaped (7)________ in the sky and ride in dragon-shaped boats during dragon boat races. The most famous real-life Chinese (8)________ is the panda. As time goes by, it has become another symbol of China like the dragon. Pandas are vegetarians (素食者), so they make a much more (9)________ symbol than a fire-breathing animal!A big country (10)________ China has hundreds of stories and interesting facts. To learn more, try reading a book about it. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Sarah八. 书面表达(20分)假如你是宋斌,你的美国笔友Kevin在信中讲述了他们国家圣诞节的情况,并询问中国春节的情况。请你给他写一封回信,告诉他中国人是如何过春节的。要求: 80词左右,信的格式和开头已给出,不计入总词数。参考词汇:bow 鞠躬; lucky money 压岁钱Dear Kevin,I’m glad to get your letter. You told me something about your Christmas. Now let me tell you about Chinese Spring Festival.【0:4】_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Yours,Song Bin Unit 2 I think that mooncakes are delicious! 单元基础水平测试题& 参考答案一. 1-5 CADBA& 6-10 CDCBD& 11-15 CADBC二. 1-5 BDCCD& 6-10 BCACC三 1-5 ACBBC& 6-10 ABBDA& 11-15 DBEAC四. 1. Can I help you2. What would you like / do you want to buy3. What does your father like4. What kind of books does he like (reading)5. How much are they五. 1. to steal& 2. laid& 3. warmth& 4. spread& 5. novels04六. 1. Y do& 2. is nobody& 3. one another&& 4. Why does& 5. When is七 1. studying& 2. wrote& 3. something& 4. largest& 5. scary& 6. its& 7. kites& 8. animal& 9. peaceful& 10. like八. One possible version:Dear Kevin,I’m glad to get your letter. You told me something about your Christmas. Now let me tell you about Chinese Spring Festival. The Spring Festival is the most important festival for Chinese people. It comes in January or February. People usually clean their houses before the Spring Festival. People have a big family dinner on the eve of the Spring Festival. Young people bow to old people and wish them a happy new year. Old people give children “lucky money”. The next morning people put on their new clothes, go to see their friends and relatives and say “Happy New Year” to each other.Yours,Song Bin 文 章来源莲山 课件 w w w.5Y k J.Com
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?九年级英语上unit3练习题-英九年上考试

中文域名: 古今中外.com      
英文域名:www.1-123.com     丰富实用的教育教学资料
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
九年级英语上unit3练习题
查询英九年上考试的详细结果
【同步教育信息】
一. 本周教学内容:
Unit 3 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes
Hello, everyone! How are you! Before we talk about the new unit, I want to ask you some questions “Can you go out with your friends every night? ”“Can you have part-time jobs? ”Today we’ll learn another way of saying that. It’s be allowed.
同学们大家好!在我们学新课之前,问你们几个问题“你天天晚上能和你的朋友出去吗?”“你能打工吗?”
今天我们就要学习表达这个意思的新的表达方式“be allowed”
教学目标(Language Goal. )
1. 能够谈论答应和不答应做的事情
2. 能够谈论应该被答应和不被答应做的事情
3. 能够针对被答应和不被答应做的事情发表自己的观点(同意或者不同意)
4. 能够表达同意或者不同意的理由
目标语言(Target Language)
1. I think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive.
我认为应该答应16岁的孩子开车。
2. I disagree. I think sixteen is too young.
我不同意,我认为16岁这个年纪太年轻了。
3. Do you think thirteen-year-olds should be allowed to have part-time jobs?
你认为应该答应13岁的孩子们做兼职工作吗?
4. No, I don’t.
不,我认为不应该。
5. Anna is allowed to wear her own clothes
安娜可以选择自己的衣服。
6. They are not serious enough at that age.
那个年龄的他们不够稳重。
7. -What rules do you have at home?
你家有什么规定吗?
-Well, I’m not allowed to go out on school nights.
噢,我在周一至周五不能外出。
词汇和短语(Vocabulary and expressions)
allow答应 drive驾车 pierce [ ]刺穿
license执照 driver司机 silly愚蠢的,傻的
earring耳环 concentrate集中 volunteer自愿,志愿者
cocal地方的 perform表演 primary初级的
go out with their friends和朋友一块出去
part-time jobs兼职工作 driver’s license驾驶执照
get their ears pierced 穿耳孔
choose one’s own clothes选自己的衣服
sixteen-year-olds十六岁的孩子
seem to 似乎 at that age在那个年龄
so do we 我们也一样 get to class late上课迟到
fail a test考试不及格 be strict with 对…要求严格
the other day前几天 get to doing sth 着手做某事
look smart看起来整洁 concentrate on 关注…
be a good way to do 是…的好方法
It’s a good idea for sb to do 是…的好主意
get noisy变得嘈杂
at present目前
have an opportunity to do sth.
有做…的机会
be a good experience for sb. 对…来说是很有意义的经历
take time to do things 花费时间做事情
old people’s home 敬老院
be sleepy 困 after a long week of classes 上完一周课之后
have Friday afternoons off 周五放假
语法内容:
一. 被动语态
1. “语态”表示主语和谓语动词之间的关系。英语中有“两态”的说法
即主动语态和被动语态。本单元中反复出现的should be allowed 就是一个含有情态动词(should)的被动语态。
先看几个基本概念
主语是动作的发出者为主动语态
主语是动作的接受者为被动语态
只有及物动词才有被动语态
2. 被动语态的构成
(1)请大家看图
The office is cleaned every day.
The office was cleaned yesterday.
Compare active and passive:
动作的接受者the office成了句子的主语,就应该用被动语态,从上面的例句我们可以总结:
一般现在时的被动语态为:主+am / is / are (not)+过去分词
一般过去时的被动语态为:主+was / were+过去分词
如:Butter is made from milk.
This house was built 100 years ago.
以前我们学过的was / were born生于,就是一个被动语态
born是个过去分词(bear)
-When were you born? -I was born in 1989.
假如要非凡强调动作或行为的执行者,句子后面需接by~,译为“被(由)…”
如:We were woken up by a loud noise.
我们被嘈杂的声音吵醒。
(2)请看图:
从上面例子,我们可以看出现在进行时被动语态的构成为
主语+is / am / are +being +过去分词
再如:My car is being repaired now
Some new houses are being built near the park.
公园四周在建一些房子。
(3)请看图
BEFORE NOW
从上面例子,我们可以看出现在完成时被动语态的构成为:
主语+have / has +been+过去分词
My key has been stolen.
My keys have been stolen.
I am not going to the party, I haven’t been invited.
含有情态动词的被动语态
情态动词+be+过去分词
A note had better be left to him.
Teenagers should be allowed to wear their own clothes.
这里我们列举了几个主要时态,那么其它时态呢?
一般将来时 主语+will+be+过去分词
过去将来时 主语+would / should be +过去分词
过去进行时 主语+was / were +being +过去分词
过去完成时 主语+had+been+过去分词
被动语态的时态是由be的时态决定的,be是什么时态,全句就是什么时态,be动词后面的过去分词不变。
肯定句:主语+be+过去分词+(by~)
否定句:主语+be not+过去分词+(by ~)
一般疑问句:Be +主语+过去分词+(by ~)?
非凡疑问句:疑问词+be+主语+过去分词+(by ~)?
3. 被动语态的用法
(1)不知道或没有必要说明动作的执行者是谁,不用by 动作执行者短语。
Such books are written for children.
这些书是为儿童写的。
I haven’t been told about it.
没有人告诉我这件事。
(2)强调动作的承受者,这时应用by短语
The cup was broken by David.
(3)作客观说明时,常采用一种被动语态句型
It’s / was said / believed / reported / that…
It’s reported that about three hundred people were killed in this earthquake.
据报道,这次地震中大约有三百人死亡。
4. 主动语态变为被动语态
把主动语态的句子变为被动语态的方法是:
(1)把原句中的宾语变为主语
(2)动词改为被动形式,即be+过去分词
(3)原来的主语,假如需要的话,放在by后面,假如没必要,可省略
主动语态变成被动语态应注重事项:
从主动语态到被动语态的过程中主语、谓语动词、宾语都发生变化。
注重主格与宾格的变化形式
注重主语的人称及数的变化对be动词带来的影响。
注重be动词的时态形式取决于原主动语态的动词时态形式。
5. 被动语态的几种类型:
(1)有两个宾语的句子的被动语态(直接宾语,间接宾语)
(一般是变间接宾语为主语)
常见的接双宾语的动词有
give, show, lend, send, bring(接to)
buy, make, draw(接for)
通常这种句子可以改为以“人”当主语,和以“物”当作主语的两种被动语态
He gave me a book.
当直接宾语变为被动结构主语时,间接宾语前应加to / for
-I was given a book by him. (以I做主语)
-A book was given to me by Tom. (以物book作主语)
He teaches us English.
-We are taught English by him. (以人当主语)
-English is taught us by him. (以物作主语)
(2)含有宾语补足语的句子的被动语态
keep, make二类的动词经常有宾语补足语,在被动语态中,宾语补足语位置不变
We keep food fresh in the fridge
主 谓 宾 宾补
-Food is kept fresh in the fridge.
I saw him go into the office building.
-He was seen to go into the office building.
英语中有“十大动词”的说法,即feel, hear, listen, have, make let, look, watch, see, notice, 这些词在主动句中,其后的动词不定式不加to,但变被动句可必须加to.
3. 含有短语的主动语态变被动语态。
不及物动词没有宾语,因此没有被动语态。但有的不及物动词后面加上介词及其他一些词类构成短语动词之后,其作用相当于及物动词,可以接宾语,因而也可以变为被动语态。在变成被动语态时,不能去掉构成短语动词的介词或副词。
They take good care of my child.
My child is taken good care of.
他们把我的孩子照顾得很好。
I turned off the radio.
The radio was turned off (by me)
附:动词短语的被动语态
take care of →be taken care of
cut down→be cut down
laugh at →be laughed at
look after→be looked after
下列这些短语本身即是被动语态的形式,不需再加-by
be covered with … 用…覆盖着
be interested in … 对…感爱好
be surprised at … 对…感到惊异
be made of (from) 用…制造的
4. 由情态动词形成的被动语态
含有情态动词的句子在变为被动语态时,在情态动词后面加上be动词即可,其句型如下:
肯定句:主语+情态动词(can, may, must) be 过去分词…
否定句:主语+情态动词+not+be+过去分词…
疑问句:情态动词(Can, May, Must)+主语+be+过去分词+…
如:We should allow teenagers to surf the Internet.
→Teenagers should be allowed to surf the Internet.
Can you use it? 你会使用它吗?
→Can it be used?
6. 不能用于被动语态的几种情况
(1)当主动结构中的宾语是反身代词和相互代词时,不能改为被动语态
He saw himself in the mirror.
他在镜中看见了自己的模样
We often help each other.
我们经常互相帮助。
(2)当谓语是表状态的及物动词时(如have, like, take place, belong to …)
I like these flowers. 我喜欢这些花。
I will have a meeting.
不说A meeting will be had.
应说A meeting will be held.
二. 重点、难点:
1. Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
中学生应该被答应选择他们自己的衣服。
(1)allow与permit两个词的意思与用法相近。permit比allow更正式,allow在非正式的英语中较为常见。
&1&这两个词后面都可以跟宾语+动词不定式。例如:
We do not allow / permit people to smoke in the hall.
我们不答应人们在大厅里吸烟。
&2&假如没有人称宾语,就用动名词。例如:
We do not allow / permit smoking in the hall.
我们不答应在大厅里吸烟。
&3&在被动句里,可以用人作主语,也可以用动名词作主语。例如:
People are not allowed / permitted to smoke in the hall.
在大厅里不答应人们吸烟。
Smoking is not allowed / permitted in the hall.
大厅里不答应吸烟。
&4&allow在本句子中是用在含有情态动词should的被动句子。
(2)own作形容词,意思是“自己的,其本身的,特有的”。own的用法如下:
&1&own只能在所有格词语的后面使用。例如:
They go to work in their own cars.
他们开自己的车去上班。
He did it in his own way.
他以自己的方法做这件事。
He’s his own boss.
他自己能做主张。
&2&own可以在后面没有名词的情况下使用。例如:
This bicycle is my own.
这辆自行车是我自己的。
May I have it for my very own?
这件只给我一个人好吗?
&3&of one’s own置于名词之后,意思是“自己的……,特有的……”。例如:
I want a computer of my own.
要一台自己的电脑。
We’ve got a house of our own now.
现在我们有自己的房子了。
&4&own构成的习惯用语有:
come in one’s own 本来的价值被承认
hold one’s own (在竞争中)坚守自己的立场,不屈服
of one’s own doing 自己做的
on one’s own 独自,靠自己
(3)should在本句中是情态动词,意思是“应该……,应当,最好……,理应”,是比must和ought to 更为委婉的说法。例如:
You should apologize to the old man.
你应该向那位老人道歉。
You should not eat too greedily.
你不应该如此贪吃。
My teacher said I should study harder.
老我应该学习更努力。
You should join the English club.
你应加入英语俱乐部。
2. I don’t think twelve-year-olds should be allowed to get their ears pierced.
我认为十二岁的孩子不应该答应穿耳眼。
(1)当主句中的谓语动词是think, suppose, believe, imagine, expect, calculate, be supposed to, appear等时,其否定句一般是否定的从句。例如:
I don’t think it’s a good idea.
我认为那不会是一个好主意。
I didn’t think he was clever.
我认为他不聪明。
I don’t suppose that’s true.
我认为那不是真的。
I don’t suppose I’ll trouble you again.
我估计不会再打搅你了。
I don’t believe he will succeed.
我相信他不会成功。
(2)twelve-year-olds指的是twelve-year-old boys / girls.
(3)get their ears pierced 是“get+名词+过去分词”结构,一般来说此结构有三种含义:
&1&让某人做某事。例如:
I can’t get the work done by anybody.
我找不到人来干这项工作。
When are you going to get your hair cut?
你打算什么时候去剪头发?
&2&自己完成某事(或自己参与完成某事)。例如:
The farmer got his planting done before the rain came.
这位农民在雨季来临之前干完了他的种植工作。
I can’t get the car started.
我无法把汽车开动起来。
Did you get the picture finished all right?
你顺利地完成了那幅吗?
&3&遭遇某事。例如:
He got his wrist broken.
他折断了手腕。
He got his nose broken playing football.
他踢足球时把鼻子碰坏了。
3. They are not serious enough.
他们不足够认真
enough作形容词时修饰名词,作副词时修饰动词、形容词及副词,其用法如下:
(1)enough修饰名词作定语时,既可修饰可数名词复数,也可以修饰不可数名词,而且大都放在所修饰的名词的前面,但不可以放在单数可数名词前来修饰单数可数名词。例如:
There’s just enough time to catch the train.
赶这班火车,时间正够。
We have enough seats for every one.
我们有足够的座位供大家坐。
同时enough 也可以放在名词的后面,尤其是在不可数名词之后。例如:
There was pizza enough for everybody to have a piece.
比萨饼足够每人一块。
We have food enough for fifteen people.
我们的食物够十五个人吃的。
(2)当enough用来修饰动词、形容词和副词时,必须位于此类词的后面。例如:
She is brave enough a student to attempt the course.
她是一个有足够勇气选这门课程的学生。
The water in the sea is warm enough to swim.
海里的水足够暖和能游泳。
The boy is clever enough to solve the problem.
这个孩子足够聪明,他能解出这道题。
4. He should stop wearing that silly earring.
他应该停止戴那个无聊的耳环。
(1)stop作动词时,意思是“停止,中断(行为、活动)”。
(2)stop后可以跟动词不定式,也可以跟动名词,但其意义不同,要注重区分。
&1&stop doing sth 指停止正在做的事。例如:
Why did she stop working?
为什么她停止工作?
The baby stopped crying when she saw her mother.
那个女婴当看到她妈妈时,她停止了哭泣。
His father stopped smoking.
他父亲戒烟了。
&2&stop to do sth. 指的是“停下”其它的事情,去做“不定式”的动作。例如:
He stopped to have a look at the map.
他停下来看了看地图。
We are so tired, let’s stop to have a rest.
我们太累了,让我们停下来休息一会儿吧。
(3)stop sb. from doing sth. 意为“阻止某人做某事”。例如:
The workers had to work for hours to stop the ship from going down.
工人们不得不工作数小时阻止船下沉。
The accident stopped me from getting there on time.
交通事故使我无法准时到那儿。
I stopped her from telling it to her friends.
我阻止她把那件事告诉她的朋友们。
(4)can’t stop doing sth. 意为“忍不住……,无法不……”。例如:
I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard it.
听到那件事,我忍不住大笑。
5. He doesn’t seem to have many friends.
他看起来似乎没有太多的朋友。
在此句中,not放在seem之前,在非正式的文体中更常见,而在正式的文体中,通常把not放在下一个动词前。例如:
She doesn’t seem to be at home.
(非正式)看来她不在家。
She seems not to be at home.
(更正式)她似乎不在家。
I can’t seem to find my glasses anywhere. (非正式)
看来我的眼镜哪儿也找不到了。
I seem to be unable to find my glasses anywhere. (更正式)
看来我哪儿也不可能找到我的眼镜了。
6. Young people need to sleep.
年轻人需要睡(足够的)觉。
(1)need既可用作情态动词,也可以用作实义动词。用作情态动词时,它就象can, may, must一样,没有词尾变化,后面跟不带to的动词不定式,即动词原形,构成否定句和疑问句时,不借助于助动词do,而采用need not (needn’t)的形式。注重:need作情态动词时,它只用于否定句和疑问句中,一般不用于肯定句中。例如:
Need I do it again?
我是不是需要把它再做一遍?
A bus is coming. So I needn’t take a taxi.
公共汽车来了,因此我不必乘出租车了。
We have plenty of time. So I needn’t drive quickly.
我们有足够的时间,所以我不必开车开得太快。
I think you need not be impolite to her.
我认为你不必对她不礼貌。
(2)need用作实义动词时,后面要跟带to的动词不定式,构成否定句和疑问句时,要借助于助动词do。这种用法既可以用于肯定句,也可以用于否定句和疑问句。例如:
You need to tidy your room today.
今天你需要整理房间。
He needs to go to the station.
他需要去车站。
Does he need to look after his little brother at home?
他需要在家里照看他的小弟弟吗?
People don’t always need what they have.
人们并不总是需要他们所需要的东西。
7. -I think students should be allowed to do homework with friends.
-I disagree. They talk instead of doing homework.
-我认为学生们应该被答应和朋友们在一起做作业。
-我不同意。他们不做作业而是在一起闲谈。
(1)disagree是动词,意为“与……不一致,不符合或(气候、食物等)(对人)不适合”。是agree的反义词,其后常跟with sb. (sth. )。例如:
My total disagree with hers.
我的总数跟她的不一致。
She disagreed with me on that point.
她对于那一点和我的意见相反。
The climate here disagrees with me.
这儿的气候对我不适合。
(2)instead of 是介词短语,其后跟名词、代词、动名词或介词短语作其宾语,而instead of 后接动词不定式已被认为是标准用法。例如:
He went there to gain money instead of to spend money.
他去那儿是为了赚钱而不是花钱的。
He likes playing football instead of basketball.
他喜欢踢足球而不喜欢打篮球。
My father watched TV last night instead of seeing a movie.
我爸爸昨晚了,而没有看电影。
8. -Sixteen-year-olds should not be allowed to drive.
-I agree. They aren’t serious enough at that age.
-十六岁的孩子不应该答应开车。
-我同意。他们在那个年龄还不够认真。
(1)agree是disagree的反义词,意思是“同意、赞成”。“同意某人”用“agree with sb. ”,假如表示“同意某事”,要用“agree to / on sth. ”。agree后还可以跟动词不定式及从句。
例如:I agree with you.
我同意你。
Do you agree with him about that matter?
关于那件事你同意他的看法吗?
We all agreed to start at once. = We all agreed that we should start at once.
我们全都同意我们应该马上出发。
We agreed on a play.
我们商量后决定某一计划。
I agree to his proposal.
我同意他的提议。
They didn’t agree how to do it.
关于如何做,他们的意见不一致。
(2)at that age 相当于at the age of sixteen, 意为“在他们十六岁时”。例如:
He can’t understand such a thing at that age.
在他那么大时,他不明白那样的事。
9. -We have a lot of rules at my house.
-So do we.
-我们家有许多规矩。
-我们也是。
(1)so do we 的句型结构为so 助动词do +主语,是倒装句,重音在主语上,意为“我们也是”。so 后也可以是情态动词或连系动词,主要根据前一句的情况来决定。例如:
You finished your homework, and so did I.
你做完了家庭作业,我也是。
I am a student. so is my brother.
我是一个学生,我哥哥也是。
John can drive a car, and so can Mary.
约翰会开车,玛丽也会。
(2)假如前后两个句子说明同一个人或事物,表示强调前一句的情况,则so后的句子不用倒装,表明情况就是如此。例如:
You asked me to leave, and so I did.
你要求我离开,我这样做了。
Your pen may be in your bag. Oh, so it is.
你的钢笔可能在你包里。噢,是这样。
His brother studies very hard, so he does.
他弟弟学习很努力,他就是这样。
(3)“so 助动词/情态动词/连系动词 主语”这一结构是说明肯定的情况,假如表示否定,则so应改为neither或nor。例如:
I’m not watching TV. Neither (Nor)is my cousin.
我没有。我表哥也没看。
He didn’t finish reading that book. Neither (Nor)did I.
他没读完那本书。我也没读完。
“I don’t like Beijing Opera. ”“Neither (Nor)do I. ”“我不喜欢京剧。”“我也不喜欢。”
10. I think students need strict rules.
我认为学生们需要严格的规章制度。
strict是形容词,意为“严厉的,严格的”。“对某人严格要求”要用“be strict with sb. ”,而“对某事(工作等)严格要求”则用“be strict in sth. ”。例如:
My English teacher is very strict with us, and she is also very strict in her work.
我的英语老师对我们要求严格,她对待她的工作也要求严格。
We must be strict with ourselves.
我们必须要严于律己。
Parents should be strict with teenagers.
家长们要严格要求十来岁的孩子。
11. The other day, my friends and I got to talking about the rules that we have at school.
前几天,我和我的朋友们开始讨论我们学校制定的校规。
(1)the other day 是一个惯用词组,意为“前几天,不久以前”,只是指“较近的过去”。
例如:I saw your father the other day.
前几天我见到了你父亲。
The other day I met Bob in town.
前几天我在镇上遇见了鲍勃。
而one day 不仅可指将来,也可以指过去,用来指过去时,可以指任何时间的过去(近期的过去或遥远的过去)。例如:
One day, a little monkey was playing in a tall tree by the river.
有一天,一只小猴子正在河边的一棵高高的树上玩耍。
some day 的意思也是“有一天”,但some day只指将来,而不指过去。例如:
We must get together some day.
将来有一天我们会再次相聚。
We hope to go to the moon one day.
我们希望有朝一日会到月球上去。
(2)get to doing sth. 意为“着手……,开始做……”。例如:
He recently got to wondering why he was in the job.
他最近对自己为什么从事这份工作感到诧异。
12. Our teachers believe that if we did that, we would concentrate more on our clothes than our studies.
我们的老师认为假如我们做了那件事,我们将会在我们衣服上投入比在学习上更多的精力。
(1)本句believe后的that引导的宾语从句是用的虚拟语气。假如说话人把动词所表达的行为或状态看作是只存在于说话人想像中的“假想”,而不看作是客观事实时,就用虚拟语气(Subjunctive Mood)。例如:
If there were no air, there would be no life on the earth.
假如没有空气,地球上就不会有生命。
It would be nice if they were here now.
要是他们现在在这里,那就好了。
If I were you, I’d start packing now.
假如我是你,我现在就动身收拾行装了。
(2)concentrate是动词,意为“集中(注重力,努力等……),专心,专注于……”。其后跟宾语时要加介词“on / upon ”。例如:
I must concentrate on my new task.
我必须专注于我的新工作。
He concentrated his energies on his study.
他把精力专注于研究。
13. That would be a good way to keep both teachers and student happy.
那将会是一个既使老师兴奋又让同学满足的两全其美的好办法。
(1)keep sb. / sth. adj. keep后跟名词,再跟形容词作名词的补足语,这是keep的用法之一,意为“使某人或某物保持某种状态”。例如:
This coat will keep you warm.
这件外套可以让你暖和。
The window was kept closed.
那扇窗户一直关着。
This kind of food can keep you thin.
这种食物能使你保持苗条。
(2)both …and …意为“……和……都;既……又……”。例如:
Both my father and my mother are very thin.
我爸爸和妈妈都很瘦。
He can speak both English and Chinese.
他既会说英语又会说汉语。
This book is both interesting and instructive.
这本书不但有趣,而且也有教育意义。
注重:&1&在both …and…的句型中,……与……通常是对等词、短语或从句。
&2&both …and…作主语时,谓语动词用复数形式。
&3&both …and …的否定式为neither …nor…或not either …or …。
14. I know we get noisy sometimes, but we learn a lot from each other.
我知道有时我们会很吵闹,但我们会相互学到很多知识。
(1)get在本句中是系动词,其后跟形容词noisy作表语,意为“使……成为(某种状态)”。
It’s getting darker and darker outside.
外面越来越黑。
I’m getting ready.
我预备好了。
You’d better take an umbrella with you if you don’t want to get wet.
不想被淋湿的话,你最好带把伞。
They’ve just got married.
他们刚结婚。
(2)learn…from…意为“(从……处)学习,学会”。例如:
He learned the poem from at school.
他在学校里跟老师学的那首诗。
She learned cooking from her mother.
她向她母亲学习烹饪。
(3)each other是代词词组,意为“互相”。例如:
We can help each other.
我们可以互相帮助。
She and I looked at each other.
她和我对视。
&1&each other 不可作主语。
&2&原则上,两个人(两个)的时候用each other,三个人(三个)以上的则用one another,但现在each other和one another已经不加以区别了。
15. At present they’re too short.
目前他们(假期)太短。
(1)at present 是固定短语,意为“now(现在)”。例如:
My mother isn’t in at present.
现在我妈不在家。
I’m free at present.
现在我有空。
(2)too short“太短”,too的意思为“太,过于”。例如:
He walks too fast.
他走得太快。
The house is too small.
那座房子太小。
There’s too much water on the table.
桌子上的水太多。
too作此义讲,常用于“too+形(副)+to do sth. ”结构中,意为“由于太……而以致于不能”。例如:
This problem is too difficult for me to work out.
这道题对我来讲太难了,我做不出来。
The boy is too young to go to school.
这个男孩年龄太小了,上不了学。
16. Last summer I had an opportunity to volunteer at the local hospital, but I couldn’t because I had to go back to school.
去年夏天,我有一个机会志愿到本地的一所医院(服务),但我没能去,因为我不得不返回到学校学习。
(1)have an opportunity to do sth. 意为“有做某事的机会”。
opportunity, chance, freedom, need, plan等名词主要用动词不定式来做后置定语,但有时候也用of短语来做后置定语。例如:
Give me time, I haven’t had chance to think it.
给我时间,我一直没有机会去思考这件事。
I missed a good opportunity to give my opinion on it.
我失去对那件事提出意见的机会。
I lost no opportunity of studying abroad.
我不错失任何出国留学的机会。
I had the chance of visiting Paris.
我曾有机会访问巴黎。
(2)volunteer在本句中是动词,意为“自动申请去……,自愿提供(从事)……,自动请求去做……”。例如:
The young man volunteered to stop the drunken men from fighting.
那个年轻人自告奋勇,要去制止那几个醉汉打架。
17. On Friday afternoons, many students are sleepy after a long week of classes.
每到星期五的下午,许多同学上了一个长周的课后都昏昏欲睡。
sleepy是形容词,既可作表语,又可做定语,修饰名词,意为“欲睡的,困倦的”。
例如:I feel sleepy today.
今天我感觉困倦。
I was too sleepy to hear the end of the talk.
我太困了,没办法听完她的话。
sleeping 也是形容词,意思是“睡眠中的,休正的”。例如:
That’s a sleeping dog.
那是一只正在睡觉的狗。
asleep是表语形容词,不可放在名词前修饰名词。例如:
The baby is asleep in the bed.
婴儿在床上睡着了。
“Is he still sleeping? ”“Yes, he is fast asleep. ”“他还在睡吗?”“是的,他睡得很香。”
18. Other people are cool because they don’t follow what everyone else does.
其他一些人酷是因为他们不追随其他的每个人所做的事情。
else是副词,意为“另外的,其他”,其用法如下:
(1)else可以用在下列词的后面:anybody, everything, somewhere和其它所有由any-,every-,some-,no-开始及由-body, - one, - thing, -where结尾的词。
例如:Do you want anything else?
你还需要其他的东西吗?
We must find someone else to do the job.
我们必须另外找人来做这项工作。
It’s too crowded here. Let’s go somewhere else.
这儿太挤了。咱们到别的地方去吧。
Nothing else happened.
没有其它的事情发生。
(2)else的所有格形式是else’s。例如:
I’m using my car. I think you’ll have to borrow somebody else’s car.
我正在用我的车。我认为你得另借别人的。
(3)else还可以用在who, what, where, how和why的后面,但不能用在which和when的后面。例如:
Where else can I get it?
除此之外我还能在哪里得到它?
Who else went there?
还有谁去了那儿呢?
What else did she say about me?
除此之外,她还提到什么有关我的事情呢?
(4)else还可以和little及(not)much连用。例如:
Little else is known of Shakespeare’s life.
关于莎士比亚的生平,别的知道的很少了。
There isn’t much else to do now except wait.
现在除了等之外,再也没有别的办法了。
(5)else和or连用,表示“否则”“不然的话”,相当于otherwise。例如:
Get up or else you’ll be late.
快起来,否则你就会迟到了。
Let’s get moving, or else we’ll miss the train.
咱们走吧,否则就赶不上火车了。
19. “It’s good that the young have their own ideas about life as well as about being cool. ”said Shi Kai, a teacher.
一位名叫石凯的老师说:“年轻人对待生活和怎样酷有他们自己的想法是很好的。”
(1)that引导的句子是主语从句,that可以省略。that从句在句首作主语时,属于正式语体,that不能省略;但是不管正式和非正式语体里,多用先行词it,把that从句后移。后移的that从句叫后移主语。移后的主语从句中的that可以省略。例如:
It was obvious (that)the driver could not control his car.
很显然那位司机控制不了他的车了。
(2)as well as 如同and,or一样,起并列连词的作用。它连接的成分要互相对等,即名词与名词并列,动词与动词连用,分词与分词相并列。
&1&as well as意为“(除了……之外)又,不但……而且……”。例如:
He speaks Spanish as well as English and French.
他不但会讲英语和法语,而且也会讲西班牙语。
His children as well as his wife were invited to the party.
不但他太太,连他的孩子们都被邀请参加了那次聚会。
&2&A as well as B 的短语为主语时,谓语动词要随A的人称、数而变化。例如:
Maria, as well as her brother, has gone abroad.
玛丽亚和她弟弟都出国了。
The teacher, as well as a number of students, was asked to attend the party.
老师和他的数名学生被邀请去参加了晚会。
20. But we should teach them to build their lives on hard work, not dreams.
但是我们应该教他们(如何)将他们的生活建基于努力的工作之上,而不应只是梦想。
(1)teach sb. to do sth. 意为“教某人做某事”。例如:
Edison’s mother taught him to read and write herself.
的妈妈自己教他读和写。
My father taught me to swim(swimming).
我父亲教我游泳。
(2)build …on/ upon…意为“奠立……的基础于……,将……建立于……之上”。例如:
We should build our business on trust.
我们应该把事业建立于信用之上。
21. When I was young we wore almost the same clothes.
当我小的时候,我们几乎都穿着相同的衣服。
(1)almost是副词,意为“差不多,几乎”。almost 和nearly是同义词,在许多情况下,这两个词没有多少差别。一般来说,almost所表示的意思比nearly更加接近一些。因此,在十二点十五分的时候,我们可以说:It’s nearly lunch time;在十二点二十七分时,可以说It’s almost lunch time. 例如:
We’re nearly there.
我们快到了。
We’re almost there.
我们马上就要到了。
I nearly fell off my bike.
我几乎从自行车上摔下来。
I almost fell off my bike.
我差一点从自行车上摔下来。
(2)假如句子谈的不是向某个目标发展的趋势,也不是易于衡量的东西,在这种情况下,不能用nearly,而要用almost。例如:
Our cat understands everything-he’s almost human.
我们这只什么都懂--他快通人性了。
I almost think you are right.
我还不完全相信你是对的。
My aunt almost sounds foreign.
我姑姑说话简直像外国人。
(3)nearly不能与never, nobody, none, nothing, nowhere和no连用。这些词前要用almost或用hardly,后面就不用否定词了。
almost never = hardly ever 几乎从不
almost nobody = hardly anybody 几乎没有人
almost no money = hardly any money 几乎没有钱
22. The young should be proud of their own culture.
年轻人应该以他们自己的文化而自豪。
proud是形容词,意为“自豪的,光荣的,自得的”,其用法如下:
(1)be proud of …以……自豪。例如:
He was proud of his school record. = He took pride in his school record.
他以学校的成绩而自豪。
(2)be proud to do sth. 因做……而自豪。例如:
He is very proud to speak at such a meeting.
能在这样的会上发言他感到很自豪。
(3)be proud that 从句 以……为荣。例如:
He was proud that he was elected headmaster.
他以当选为校长为荣。
23. Youth today value personality, independence and freedom very much.
现在的年轻人非常重视个性,自主和自由。
(1)value在本句中作动词,意为“尊重,重视,珍视(某人或某物)”。例如:
I value your friendship very highly.
我非常珍惜你的友谊。
(2)personality 是personal的名词形式,意为“人格,个性,性格”。例如:
He is an actor with little personality.
他是一个缺乏个性的男演员。
(3)independence 是independent的名词形式,意为“独立,自立”。其反义词是dependence。例如:
He lives a life of independence.
他过着独立的生活。
July 4th is Independence Day in America.
七月四日是美国的独立纪念日。
(4)freedom是free的名词形式,意为“自由”。例如:
Do you think you have the freedom to do what you like?
你认为你有为所欲为的自由吗?
【模拟试题】
一. 写出下列词组:(20分)
1. 驾驶执照_______ 2. 扎耳朵眼儿_______
3. 上课迟到_______ 4. 几天以前_______
5. 在周五晚上_______ 6. 和朋友一起出去_______
7. 代替,而不是_______ 8. 不去睡;熬夜_______
9. 足够严厉,认真_______ 10. 被答应做…_______
二. 英英释义(将正确答案填入括号内)(10分)
( )1. teenagers a. fix one’s attention on something
( )2. part-time b. for only a part of the working day or week
( )3. concentrate c. kids aged from 13 to 19
( )4. at present d. begin to
( )5. get to e. at this time, now
三. 根据中文意思完成句子(15分)
1. 每个人都有优点,我们应该互相学习。
Everybody has strong points. We should ____ ______ each other.
2. 昨天晚饭之后他开始做作业。
He _____ _______ doing the homework after supper yesterday.
3. 他决定集中(精力)在英语上,因为他刚考试不及格。
He decided to ______ _______ English, because he just failed the exam.
4. 水果和蔬菜对你有益。
Fruits and vegetables _____ _____ _____you.
5. 他的父母对他要求非常严格。
His parents _______ ______ ______ him.
6. 上周一他花了两个小时做作业。
It ________ him two hours to do the homework last Monday.
7. 约翰家有许多家规,彼得家也是这样。
-John has a lot of family rules.
-____ _______ Peter.
四. 选择填空:(10分)
( )1. I ______ to have a part-time job.
A. am not allow B. not allow
C. don’t allow D. am not allowed
( )2. Sixteen-year-olds shouldn’t ________ to go to an Internet bar.
A. be allowed B. be allow C. allow D. are allowed
( )3. _____ middle school students allowed to use mobile phone at school?
A. Do B. Did C. Are D. Can
( )4. Students ______ to use E-mail English in everyday writing.
A. may not B. can’t
C. shouldn’t D. shouldn’t be allowed
( )5. I don’t think teenagers should be allowed to do homework with friends, because they are ______.
A. not enough quiet B. not quiet enough
C. too not quiet D. enough not quiet
( )6. Which of the following school rule is true.
A. Students are allowed to make noise in the hallway.
B. Students are allowed to wear their own clothes.
C. Students are allowed to wear earrings
D. Students are allowed to ask teachers questions in class.
( )7. I have to stay at home ______ school nights.
A. in B. at C. on D. for
( )8. Many students will be ______ if the class is boring.
A. sleep B. sleepy C. sleeping D. slept
( )9. -I think teenagers shouldn’t be allowed to smoke.
-I agree _____ you.
A. with B. on C. about D. for
( )10. The National Day is coming, we’ll have 7 days ______.
A. on B. off C. up D. down
五. 将下列主动句改为被动句(10分)
1. They clean their classroom after school.
move, unlock, open, take, steal
Robbery(盗窃)At Hotel
Last night the police were called to investigate (调查)a robbery at the Hotel Paraiso. The thief is still unknown. The notes of several unusual points are as following:
1. The telephone was unplugged. (没将插头插入插座)
2. The flowers ______ to the left of the clock.
3. The drawer (抽屉)________________.
4. The jewelry(珠宝)_______ from the box.
5. The suitcase (手提箱)____________.
6. The vase (装饰瓶)__________ away.
The public has been asked to contact the police with any information about the identity of the thief. Any information leading to an arrest (逮捕)will be rewarded. (奖赏)
(二)除了以上的不同之处,你还能发现一处新的不同之处吗?请仍用上边的句型完成。(5分)
Should Parents Spy On Their Children? (20分)
As usual, Jim got home from school at 5 p.m. Yet as soon as he went into his room, he noticed (注重到)that his diary was touched. (触摸)He became angry and shouted at his parents.
This was not the first time when such a thing happened. Since Jim entered high school, his parents have been keeping tabs(监视)on him, watching every step he moved. They tried every means (方法)to make sure that Jim was not out of track(轨道)at school. They searched his room. They went through his pockets. They listened to his phone calls. Jim pretended to know nothing about it. But recently, he found that they began to read his diary. This had gone too far. How could they do so without his consent (同意)? To prevent(保护)his diary from being read, Jim got himself a diary book with a lock on it.
One day, Jim talked about it with his parents. However, they insisted that they simply wanted to protect (保护)him. They said that they just wanted to make sure that Jim was not doing anything wrong.
It might be reasonable (合情合理)for them to think that way, but in Jim’s view, parents should respect(尊重)their children and trust (信任)them. If his parents need to find something out, they can just ask him and then he will let them know. Spying on children will simply do more harm to the parents-children relationship. What do you think?
一. Read and answer the following questions.
用完整句回答问题。
1. When does Jim usually get home from school?
Jim ____________________.
2. Why did he shout at his parents that day.
He did that because ____________
3. Why did his parents read his diary?
They ________________.
二. 从文章中搜索信息。说明Jim哪些东西不应该被动。
For example: His diary shouldn’t be touched.
1. ________________________
2. ________________________
3. ________________________
三. 在家中和学校,你认为学生应被答应或不被答应做些什么?(至少四句)
For example: I think we should be allowed to watch TV on weekends.
1. ________________________
2. ________________________
3. ________________________
4. ________________________
以下阅读题不计入总分。
(A)Quick Work
Ted Robinson has been worried all the week. Last Tuesday he received a letter from the local police. In the letter he was asked to call at the station. Ted wondered why he was wanted by the police, but he went to the station yesterday and he is not worried at more.
At the station, he was told by a smiling policeman that his bicycle had been found. Five days ago, the policeman told him, the bicycle was picked up in a small village four hundred miles away. It is now being sent to his home by train.
Ted was most surprised when he heard the news. He was amused (感到有趣),too, because he never expected(指望)the bicycle to be found. It was stolen twenty years ago when Ted was a boy of fifteen.
Answer the questions:
1. What happened last Tuesday?
The world is divided (分为)into two main parts. The difference is that one part is rich and the other is poor. In the poor part, a lot of people never get enough to eat. In the rich part, a lot of people eat too much. In one part, child starve(饿死)and in the other, a lot of people get fatter and fatter and have to go on diets(吃非凡饮食), or do special exercises in order to lose weight.
The poorer countries have special problems. Sometimes the land is too poor to grow anything on. The land can be improved(改善), but a lot of things must be done first. The people must be educated an water must be found.
But rich countries have problems, too. There are not always pleasant places to live in. Sometimes the air is too dirty to breathe, and the rivers are too dirty to swim in or to take water from. The roads are too crowded to drive along. Large numbers of people do not have decent (象样的)housed to live in. Some things will have to be done about these problems. The air and the river will have to be cleaned, and more houses will have to be built.
Answer the questions:
1. What’s the difference between the two parts?
5. on Friday night 6. go out with friends
7. instead of 8. stay up
9. serious enough 10. be allowed to do sth.
二. c,b,a,e,d
三. 1. learn from 2. gets to 3. concentrate on
4. are good for 5. are strict with
6. It took 7. So does
四. 1. D 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. B
6. D 7. C 8. B 9. A 10. B
五. 1. Their classroom is cleaned by them after school.
2. Tom was given a new pen by Li Lei last week.
3. English can be spoken by a lot of people in China now.
4. English has been learned by me for about 2 years.
5. These story books will be written by them next month.
2. were moved 3. was opened 4. was stolen
5. was unlocked 6. was taken
The door was opened.
The glass of the door was broken.
七. (一)
1. Jim usually gets home from school at five p.m.
2. He noticed that his diary was touched.
3. They read it because they just wanted to make sure that Jim was not doing anything wrong.
1. His room should not be searched.
2. His pockets shouldn’t be gone through.
3. His phone calls shouldn’t be listened to.
1. I think we should be allowed to wear our own clothes.
2. I think we should be allowed to use mobile phones at school.
3. I think we should be allowed to eat snacks at school.
4. I think we should be allowed to listen to music while we are doing our homework.
读写题:略
【励志故事】
愿你有个好习惯
父子俩住山上,天天都要赶牛车下山卖柴。老父较有经验,坐镇驾车。山路坎坷,弯道特多。儿子眼神较好,总是在要转弯时提醒道:“爹,转弯了!”
有一次父亲因病没有下山,儿子一人驾车。到了弯道,牛怎么也不转弯,儿子用尽各种方法:大声,下车又推又拉,用青诱之,牛还是一动不动。这到底是怎么回事?儿子百思不得其解。最后只有一个办法了,他看看左右无人,便贴近牛的耳朵上大声叫道:“爹,转弯啦!”牛应声而动。
牛用条件反射的方式活着,而人则以习惯生活。一个成功的人晓得如何培养好的习惯来代替坏的习惯。当好的习惯积累多了,自然会有一个好的人生。愿你有个好的习惯!
上一篇文章:
下一篇文章:
  中国哲士网版权所有 引用本站内容请指明来源     

我要回帖

更多关于 九年级英语竞赛题 的文章

随机推荐