hello kittyy san see two后面是什么

Kitty Morse Moroccan Cuisine | Official Kitty Morse site/cookbook author specializing in Morocco, tagines, couscous, and preserved lemons
(“Better late than never.”)
Dromallama? Camellama? Abdul or Fatima?
. . .has lived with us for 40 years. Sometimes outdoors, sometimes in, always a bit tipsy.
It was born and created in Salé, Morocco.
OO lala, better late than never. December slipped away, and now January.
But the rains have continued, and it is cause for rejoicing.
December 2016 slipped away from me, and so did that month’s edition of the Kasbah Chronicles. I can’t say I am fond of “forced down your throat” holiday cheer.
I met my goal of translating Mint Tea and Minarets into French, and decided upon the title: Le riad au bord de l’oued : souvenirs et saveurs de Dar Zitoun. (Merci, chers amis qui m’avez aidée.) And now begins the hard work of finding it a good home!
I spent the month of December making yak meatballs and blood orange marmalade with the fruit of my overladen blood orange tree, in between savoring Geraldine Brooks’ novels (Caleb’s Crossing, People of the Book, Year of Wonders, March (Pulitzer Prize), and Foreign Correspondence.
Tangerine marmalade bubbling in the pot
Thankfully, the RAIN IS STICKING AROUND!! Lovely, air-cleansing, soul-refreshing, life-giving RAIN. Olive, our scottie, refuses to get her feet wet, but I did my little rain dance, then rushed to the kitchen to make couscous for New Year’s Eve, my favorite comfort food. I overate, bien sur. It was worth every bite. I list The recipe for Couscous Beidoui, Casablanca style couscous with seven vegetables, my favorite comfort food, in all my Moroccan cookbooks. This year, I prepared a variation on the theme: Couscous with YAK meatballs! (though couscous with meatballs is Algerian, not Moroccan.)
My friend Tershia d’Elgin, who wrote The Man who Thought he owned Water, a memoir of her family ranch in Colorado shared a precious pound of ground YAK, raised in the US of A. The dark red lean meat reminded me of ostrich and kangaroo (yes, indeed, couscous with kangaroo is an Australian invention.)The recipe for the meatballs appears in Mint Tea and Minarets. I have to say, even made with yak, they tasted very Moroccan! Recipe on the website
Moroccan Kefta (meatballs) of American YAK.
(how cosmopolitan can you get?!)
is not available, stick with a combination of beef and lamb, as in my original recipe in Mint Tea and Minarets.
Links of interest:
News of Morocco:
Morocco’s seeing an auto boom. But will it bust? /fast-forward/your-next-car-could-be-made-in-africa/70241
Have you ever heard of cloud fishing? Well they do that in Morocco!
-reels-in-precious-water-villagers-rural-morocco-dar-si-hmad?
< is one of the most informative and entertaining news sites on the web. Quirky, up-to-date, and well written! ()
Books for sale:
A Biblical Feast or Edible Flowers: A Kitchen Companion with Recipes, $15.95 plus shipping in the US only.
Mint Tea and Minarets: a banquet of Moroccan memories: only 200 hard copies left! $25.00 plus shipping in the US only.
Books from my shelf:
IN FRENCH: USD95.00
JOURS DE FETE AU MAROC
ACR EDITIONS, 2004
Ilham Ibrahimi and Moha Fedal. Photo Cecile Treal
Jean-Michel Ruiz
In a cardboard box. Brand new. Box is illustrated, and bears some shelf-wear (from my travelling!!) on upper corner. Never used in the kitchen. NEW. This book weighs around 8 lbs, therefore, shipping will be higher than usual even with media mail.
Enormous coffee table book which I hand-carried back from Marrakech. Written by MOHA, one of Marrakech’s top chefs (my group had a cooking lesson at his farm outside Marrakech in 2003 or 2004.) Beautifully illustrated with scenes of Moroccan celebrations and special foods. Recipes included. This is a book to treasure if you have been to Morocco. I have several like it, and do not need this one.
IN FRENCH: USD50.00
LE JARDIN DES COUSCOUS; RECETTES DE LA TRADITION JUIVE TUNISIENNE. by Simon Nizard. L&#8217;Aube,
pages. OUT OF PRINT. Paperback. A memoir with food about growing up Jewish in Tunis. I purchased this book in Casablanca about 10 years ago, and read it once. Sticker removed from inside back cover, otherwise like new. Recipes included.
IN FRENCH: CASABLANCA RETRO de 1889 à Nos Jours. $115.00. One of a kind. Numéro 509. 102 pages. ISBN-10:
? ISBN-13: 978-
Editions SERAR, Casablanca, 1988. Documents réunis par Flandrin. Edition en fac-simile. 45 planches, Photos Marcelin Flandrin, avec texte accompagnant chaque photo prise dans une année différente.
45 plates showing landscape on one date, then a few years later. Unique book filled with reproductions of historic photographs taken between 1890 and 1928 by Marcelin Flandrin, Morocco’s best known architectural and landscape photographer. Gives you an idea of what Casablanca looked like at the turn of the 20th century. Book has long been out of print. One page shows 2 photos and opposite has explanatory text. ONLY 900 copies produced. This is #509.
Until next time!
Creuset Outlet Store at the Carlsbad Company Stores went all out to make my cooking demonstration a SMASH on Nov. 18th, 2016.Look who dropped by!
Told you these events were fun (and you get to eat samples, as well!)
This entry was posted in
Bookmark this page
Recent Posts
Kitty Morse Moroccan Cuisine- Why are you always standing in class, Kitty? -I can’t see the blackboard clearly because the two tall boys are sitting me. A.in front of B.next to C.between D.behind 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
— Why are you always standing in class, Kitty?—I can’t see the blackboard clearly because the twotall boys are sitting&&&&&&&me.A.in front of&&&&&&&& B.next to&&&&&&&&&&& C.between&&&&&&&&& D.behind&
【答案】A【解析】试题分析:A. infront of 在…前面,在范围之外的前面&&&&&B.next to在…旁边&&&C. between&&在…之间&&&&D. behind在…的后面;句意:基蒂,你为什么在教室里总是站着?我看不清楚黑板,因为有两个高个男孩子坐在我的前面。故选A考点:短语辨析点评:in front of在…前面,在范围之外的前面 ;in the front of在…的前面,强调的是在范围之内的前面。词义辨析考的是学生的基础词汇知识,了解每个选项的含义是做好此类题型的关键。&
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
题型:阅读理解
Fashion isn't very environmentally-friendly because it makes people buy things they don't need, just because they're new. We want to take care of the environment, we don't want to pol&lute the air and we don't want to waste energy and resources. But we also want to be fashiona&ble. How can we buy fashionable clothes and protect the environment?Old styles are fashionable again, so one way is to buy second-hand clothes — recycled clothes. Another way is to buy' fair trade clothes. These clothes are either recycled or made in a ' way that protects the environment. They also protect the people who make the clothes.Surprisingly, white cotton is one of the least environmentally-friendly crops of all. To pro&tect the cotton, the growers use chemicals that pollute water, make farm workers ill and kill wildlife. New materials, such as hemp and bamboo, grow quickly and are more environmental&ly-friendly. These materials are very soft, and look fantastic. The best materials are coloured using natural dyes, made from plants.Environmentally-friendly clothes are practical but until now they were often dull. Now fashion-designers are working with these materials and the clothes are beautiful as well. So now we can buy fashionable clothes that are also environmentally-friendly. 【小题1】Why do people often buy things they don't need? Because_.A.new things can be more comfortableB.everyone wants to be fashionableC.people are richer than before now D.people care about the environment【小题2】What's the topic for paragraph 2?A. Recycled fashion. B. The problem with fashion.C. Fashion doesn't have to pollute.&&&&&& D. New materials.【小题3】Which of the following is more environmentally-friendly?A.Materials soft and looking fantastic.B.Any materials coloured using natural dyes.C.Hemp and bamboo.D.White cotton.【小题4】Why are environmentally -friendly clothes more fashionable now? Because______.A.people pay more attention to our environmentB.environmentally-friendly clothes are practicalC.all old styles become fashionable againD.fashion-designers are working to make them beautiful【小题5】What is the best title for the passage?A.Cotton or Hemp and Bamboo?B.Environmentally-friendly Clothes C.Old Style, New Fashion AgainD.Fashion and the Environment
来源:2010年安徽省初中毕业升学考试英语卷
题型:完型填空
Everybody dreams. Some people think dreams can tell us about the future. Other people think dreams tell us about ourselves. It’s like our 61 is talking to us. Why are dreams 62 strange and hard to understand? Some people think our brain uses 63 to talk to us. Whenwe fly, swim, or fall down in our dreams, it has a 64 meaning. Lots of doctors help people 65&& their dreams. They find that dreams tell us about our 66 and fears.These days, many scientists 67 that dreams are very important. During the day, we have many 68, and our brain receives a lot of information. When we dream, our brain 69 information that is not important, and puts the most important information into our 70. As we learn more about the brain, we may find answers to our questions about dreams.【小题1】A.bodyB.spiritC.brainD.heart【小题2】A.neverB.seldomC.everD.often【小题3】A.symbolsB.examplesC.numbersD.pictures【小题4】A.specialB.seriousC.similarD.great【小题5】A.finishB.forgetC.understandD.continue【小题6】A.hopesB.rightsC.positionsD.abilities【小题7】A.replyB.believeC.doubtD.worry【小题8】A.experiencesB.dreamsC.mistakesD.inventions【小题9】A.passes onB.looks intoC.throws awayD.asks for【小题10】A.feelingsB.storiesC.livesD.memories
来源:2012届山东省济南市新锐中学初三第一次中考模拟英语试卷(带解析)
Jack is a twenty-year-old young man. Two years ago, when he finished middle school, he found work in a shop. Usually he works until ten o'clock in the evening. He is very tired when he gets home. After a quick supper he goes to bed and soon falls asleep. His grandma who lives downstairs is satisfied with (满意) him.One day, on his way home, he met Mary. They were both happy. He asked the girl to his house, she agreed happily. He bought some fruit and drinks for her. And they talked about their school, teachers, classmates and their future . They talked for a long time.“Have a look at your watch, please,” said the girl. “What time is it now?”  “Sorry, something is wrong with my watch,” said Jack. “Where's yours?”  “I left it at home.”  Jack thought for a moment and found a way. He began to stamp his foot on the floor, “Bang! Bang! Bang!”  The sound woke his grandma up. The old woman shouted downstairs, “It's twelve o'clock in the night, Jack. Why are you still jumping upstairs?”【小题1】Jack was ________ when he finished middle school.A.sixteen B.eighteen C.twenty D.fifteen【小题2】The old woman is satisfied with Jack because ________.A.he's her grandson   B.he's cleverC.he can keep quiet   D.he gets home on time【小题3】From the story, we can know that Mary is Jack's ________.A.classmate   B.colleague (同事)C.aunt  D.wife【小题4】The word “stamp” in the story means ______ in Chinese.A.盖印  B.跺  C.贴邮票  D.承认【小题5】Jack stamped his foot on the floor in order (为了) ________.A.to wake his grandma upB.to make his grandma angryC.that his grandma was going to tell him the timeD.that his grandma was going to buy him a watch
来源:2013年初中毕业升学考试(四川雅安卷)英语(解析版)
Put 2 February in your diary! It is World WetlandsDay! It marks the date that theConvention(公约) onWetlands was signed(签署)in1971.This special day was first celebratedin 1997 and it is celebrated every year.&&& The celebration is a call foraction. It is a way to show people how important anduseful the wetlands are for people. On World WetlandsDay, people around the world takepart in many wetlands activities. People take trips tothe local wetlands. There are talksabout how important the wetlands are. People get togetherto clean up their local wetlandsChildren draw pictures to advertise the day. Peoplealso compete(比赛)in boat races.&&& The World Wetlands Day isimportant! If there are no wetlands, there will be no water for anyone in thefuture. Wetlands help protect nature and resources(资源)like fresh water. Already,& more than 10000million people in the world do not have fresh water.&&& Many people do not know howimportant the wetlands are. They can understand why anelephant or a tiger is important because they are big,beautiful animals. It is much harder forthem to understand how important the animals in thewetlands are. These small animals,such as frogs and snails, play a very important partin keeping the balance of nature.&&& All plants and animals are part ofthe food chain(链).If the small wetlands animalsdie, some animals in the food chain will have nothingto eat. They will also die. Peopleneed the wetlands to keep the balance of nature in theworld. If we do not protect naturetoday,it will be gone tomorrow.1.What should you put in your diary?A. Some frogs.B. The date of World Wetlands Day.C. 1971D. Any special day.2.Where do people celebrate World Wetlands Day?A. All over the world.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. In shipsC. At home.&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.In their own way.3.Which of the following sentences is NOT true?A. People celebrate World Wetlands Day by taking part incompetitions.B. People celebrate World Wetlands Day by taking hipsto local wetlands.C. People celebrate World Wetlands Day by listening totalks about the wetlands.D. People celebrate World Wetlands Day by talkingabout the weather.4.Why are small animals important?A. They are part of the balance of nature and the foodchain.B. They are beautiful.C. Bigger animals are eaten by themD. Without them, there may be no water.5.Which of the following might be the best title ofthe article?A. Wetlands Are ImportantB. Small Animals Are Also ImportantC. World Wetlands DayD. Food Chain&
来源:2011届江苏省宿迁市初三下学期期中调研检测英语卷
题型:补充句子
从方框中选择合适的句子完成对话,有多余的选项。(15分)A:Do you like animals?B:___36___A:&&&Let’s go to see the animals thisafternoon.There’s a new zoo in our city.B:&&&&& ___37_____A:_____38_____B:Dolphins!A:____39____B:Because they are kind of smart.I like to see a dolphin show.A: Well ,I like elephants.B: Why do you like them?A:__40____. They can do a lot ofthings with their noses.
A:Because they are interesting. B.What animals do you like? C.why do you like them? D.That sounds good. E.Yes,I do. F.Why are they interesting.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 see后面加什么 的文章

随机推荐