I want them wrapped upin paper bags.wrapped是什么成分?

> 【答案带解析】“No, no, no, dear, I want that wrapped i...
“No, no, no, dear, I want that wrapped in red paper.” A middle-aged woman came through my line and talked to me as if my IQ were that of a grade school kid. When I first started working, it was simply a way to decrease (减少) the time I spent at home and make my parents happy. I never thought that a year and a half later, I would still be at Marshalls, waiting for this woman to get through my line.I smiled and said, “Oh, that’s no problem.” She bent over the counter to look at the computer and made sure I was doing my job correctly. Her sweater grazed my hand and she smiled like she meant well. I wanted to roll my eyes but instead I just smiled. Ever since I started working here, I’ve tried not to let people like her get to me. And forget judging a book by its cover, because I have been proved wrong time and time again. The wealthy middle-aged women were far ruder than the teenage boys. At first, I was constantly surprised. Now, I tried not to even guess how the person coming near my line was going to act, because it was never the way I imagine.I never expected people to be so rude and at the same time nice. But for every rude person I saw, at least five pleasant customers came through my line.“Here you go,” I handed the woman her receipt and hoped her $5 wine glass was wrapped to her liking. “Have a nice day!” I said. And just as I thought I was fed up, the next customer came through. “She had about one more minute and I was going to tell her to get out of line,” she whispered (小声说) to me with a smile.1.Why did the writer work at Marshalls?A. To have more time to go out.B. To make money for the family.C. To find a way to be happy.D. To improve her IQ on doing business.2.What surprised the writer in her work at first?A. The rich customers behaved themselves well.B. The young boys could be both rude and nice.C. Some rich women customers were more impolite.D. Wealthy women are pleasant customers.3.It can be inferred that the middle-aged woman
.A. admired the writer for the good serviceB. was a customer easy to deal withC. had patience to do the shoppingD. cared much about the wrapping of goods4.What the next customer said implied that
.A. she was angry with the middle-aged womanB. she couldn’t wait one more minute in lineC. she would drive the middle-aged woman awayD. she might get out of the line for a while 
【解析】 本文是一篇记叙文,刻画了作者为了不在家闲着出去打工时候遇到一位对商品的包裹很上心的老妇人的琐事。
1. was simply a way to decrease (减少) the time I spent at home and make my parents happy.这只是一个简单的减少我在家、使得我父母高兴的方法。由此...
考点分析:
考点1:日常生活类阅读
相关试题推荐
There once was a little boy who wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip, so he packed his suitcase with cakes and a six-pack of beer, and started his journey.When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman. She was sitting in the park, staring at some pigeons. The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink when he noticed that the old lady looked hungry, so he offered her a cake.She gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. Her smile was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her some beer.Once again, she smiled at him. The boy was delighted. They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, yet they never said a word.As it grew dark, the boy got up to leave. Before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around, ran back to the old woman and gave her a hug. She gave him her biggest smile ever.When the boy got home, his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked him, “What did you do today that made you so happy?” He replied, “I had lunch with God.” But before his mother could respond, he added, “You know what? She’s got the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen!”Meanwhile, the old woman returned to her home. Her neighbor was shocked by the look of joy on her face and asked, “What did you do today that made you so happy?”She replied, “I ate cakes in the park with God.” But before her neighbor responded, she added, “You know, he’s much younger than I expected.”1.What did the boy know before his journey?A. He had little chance to meet God.B. It would be long before he met God.C. He would run into many difficulties on the road.D. God would greet him with the most beautiful smile.2.The old woman was happiest when
.A. the boy offered her a cakeB. the boy offered her some beerC. the boy turned back and gave her a hugD. she was looking at the pigeons in the park3.What was God like in the eyes of the old woman?A. He should be old enough.B. He couldn’t be very talkative.C. He must be kind to the young.D. He must be happy all the time. 
Last year I bought lunch for a man who had put his pennies together for a cup of tea. He
me by telling me a little about his life — how he had lost the battle with drink but how his
in himself has turned his life around. Now, when most men of his age will be
their retirement (退休), he spent his time
papers to shops and strangers in the street.Yesterday Julie and I were back in the same coffee shop. Julie
my shoulder and saw the same man, sitting there with
a cup of tea. He dressed coldly despite (尽管) the fact that the outside temperature was very
.We were having our dinner
, then I got up and walked over. Knowing he would not
me, I sat down beside him and asked, “How’s your
work going?”He didn’t remember me, but my
had told him who I was.He said, “Wonderfully.”“And how about you?”He replied, “That doesn’t
.”“Well, it does,” I dared to suggest. “You need to be
to keep on doing the good work.”“Like today,” I said, “it’s cold out there. And it takes a lot of
to keep going on a day like this. My wife and I just had some soup and it was delicious. Let me get you some
you can try it.”He shook his head, but I
him. A moment later, I took a hot bowl of soup and some bread in front of him.“Enjoy them!” I said and walked back to my
before he had a chance to
.Julie and I
our drinks and got our stuff together. As we walked past his table, I patted (拍) the man’s shoulder and said, “Just know you are
.”1.A. Invited
B. encouraged
C. awarded
D. rewarded2.A. Belief
B. dream C. spirit
D. interest3.A. Facing
B. enjoying C. refusing
D. expecting4.A. going over
B. going through C. handing in D. handing out5.A. looked at
B. looked for C. looked over D. looked down6.A. only
B. even C. mostly
D. exactly7.A. hot
B. low C. warm
D. cool8.A. Quickly
B. happily C. proudly
D. carelessly9.A. Concern
B. understand C. support
D. remember10.A. Boring
B. meaningless C. Kindness
D. instruction11.A. Introduction
B. argument C. question
D. intention12.A. Matter
B. work C. cover
D. stop13.A. quiet
B. Confident
C. different
D. well14.A. Experience
B. imagination C. energy
D. knowledge15.A. so
B. if C. unless
D. but16.A. Accepted
B. ignored C. doubted
D. recognized17.A. House
B. table C. office
D. shop18.A. call
D. reply19.A. Began
B. tasted C. finished
D. ordered20.A. Loved
B. checked C. chosen
D. Watched 
— Honey, I have to say I can’t go to the party tonight. I’m so tired.— _____. Have some fun!A. Don’t pull my legB. Don’t be a wet blanketC. Don’t be a black sheepD. Don’t give me the cold shoulder 
Everyone said that was a perfect
no one had ever known _____ couple.A. a happier
B. the happierC. a happiest
D. the happiest 
He has grown to be such a helpful man _____ is praised and respected by the public.A. as
D. whom 
题型:阅读理解
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.您要找的是不是:
结束;包起来;全神贯注于
adj. 有包装的 | v. 包裹;覆盖(wrap的...
Inside lay Roaring Camp's newest citizen, wrapped in a piece of bright red cloth.
VOA: special.
The idea then that Machiavelli is doing no more than saying openly and overtly what ancient writers had wrapped in parable and enigma and myth says something about Machiavelli's new political science.
马基雅维利只不过是,公然说出了古代作家们,以寓言,谜以及神话的形式包裹的内容,这种看法一定程度上阐明了马基雅维利的。
It also turns out that they're made stable in these environments like milk and mucus secretions because of this secretory chain which is wrapped around it.
同时,连接抗体还可以,使抗体在像乳汁或是粘液分泌物,这样的体内环境中保持稳定,因为分泌循环系统可以将抗体包裹在内
A tall stranger wrapped in a heavy coat came into the house.
And in that essay she argues that O'Connor's grotesqueness, especially the grotesqueness of the women figures in her novels, is all wrapped up with the culture of southern womanhood.
在那篇论文里,她主张奥克纳所描写的丑陋,尤其是她小说里女人丑陋的形象,都与南部女子气质的文化有关。
Many Herban Lifestyle soaps come wrapped in colored paper.
Al-Zaidi, who faced the cameras wrapped in an Iraqi flag, was missing a tooth, but otherwise appeared in good health.
VOA: standard.
The morning after a major entrepreneurship conference wrapped in Washington, Clinton spoke at a breakfast for women from around the world who attended that summit.
The most famous mummies are the Egyptian ones, which were carefully dried out with salts, treated with oils and resins and wrapped in linen before being placed in a coffin.
Then the woman wrapped the rain babies in pieces of cloth and laid them to sleep in a drawer.
"As a kid I never liked bread." "I grew up in the 1950 and 1960s with this horrible cellophane-wrapped pre-sliced white bread.
European Union leaders wrapped up their summit in Brussels with no surprises.
President Obama's first public comments on the dramatic developments in Kabul came as he wrapped up a meeting at the White House with the Prime Minister of Sweden.
The man in the soft felt hat, kneeling by the reclining woman and supporting her with an arm wrapped around her shoulders bears a striking resemblance to a certain fictional archaeologist.
And I think that every little bit makes a huge difference." While his class wrapped up, students for the next computer class, to be taught in Spanish,filed in, reflecting the diversity of this community, as well as its shared needs.
"Well,there were a lot of situations throughout the entire course of the film whether we were all wrapped up in cables floating through an elevator shaft or whether we were being soaked by a massive water tank that was blasting around us."
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display
Wrapped In Plastic Lyrics
Know something about this song or lyrics?
where is my uniform i know i don't fit in
i'm not wrapped in plastic and i can't be paper thin
they told me what to say, gave me what to wear
taught me their colloquialism but i don't even hear
if i search a little harder if i pray
if i stay a little longer will i find you
i'll never be the one to shadow fashion queens
i can't be perfect, whatever perfect means
how could i get so blase, drop my guard, relax
how could i be so see through and let them see all that
hold still while i attach some meaning
don't move while i make it real
isolation only makes it harder
this thing has lost it's feel
Lyrics submitted by
to tell us what you think this song means.
Don’t have an account?
with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. It’s super easy, we promise!
to add this track to your mixtape!
SongMeanings
What’s popular
Non-lyrical content copyright
SongMeanings
Error: Can’t log in using Google
User does not exist
Incorrect Password
Remember Me

我要回帖

更多关于 shrink wrapped 的文章

随机推荐