It is because you have a great laugh的过去式 No one CARES

完形填空. My life is always full of sadness and little joy. However, no matter what happens, I can——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
&& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &
来源:江苏月考题
题型:完形填空
完形填空。
&&&& My life is always full of sadness and little joy. However, no matter (无论) what happens, I can alwaysface it bravely.&&&& Last year,&&I couldn't believe the &&1&& that I could enter the only key high school in my hometown.&&Then I rushed to my home and told my parents.&&But my father didn't&&seem as && 2&&&&&& as I was. He justkept smoking without saying a word and my mother put her head down and couldn't help &&3&&. &&& I knew very well what my family was &&4___ . My mum had been ill in bed for 2 years. We lived ahard life and I couldn't continue my schooling. I felt so upset (心烦意乱) but I could say &&5&& to my parents. I decided to help my father with his work &&6&& my family.&&&&&To my surprise, things completely changed &&7&&&& the beginning of the new term. My head teacher came to my family with some money, which was &&8&&&& by my schoolmates. He encouraged me, "Alwayshave a dream." With tears in my eyes, I stepped into the key high school.&&&& &I have been studying hard since I entered the high school. No matter when I meet difficulties, I always &&9&&&& my teacher and schoolmates. I have a college dream and I must work hard for it, no matter how&&10&&&& life is. Just as a great man says, "When one door shuts, another opens in life."
(&&&& )1. A. idea&&(&&&& )2. A. nervous(&&&& )3. A. crying(&&&& )4. A. about(&&&& )5. A. nothing(&&&& )6. A. support(&&&& )7. A. after(&&&& )8. A. raised(&&&& )9. A. dream of(&&&& )10. A. happy
B. storyB. excitedB. laughingB. beforeB. somethingB. to supportB. sinceB. spentB. think ofB. sad&&
C. news&&C. interestedC. sayingC. againstC. anythingC. supportingC. beforeC. planned&&C. hear ofC. interesting
D. thought&&&&D. worried&&&&D. shouting&& D. like&&&&&& D. everything D. supported&&D. on&&&&&&&& D. saved&&&&&&D. talk of&&&&D. hard&&&&&&
来源:江苏月考题
题型:填空题
首字母填空。
&&&& Where there is a will (意志), there is a way. The secret of s&&1&& is not much money but a strong will. In other words, a man can't w&&2&& without a strong will. It is quite clear that there is n&&3&& difficult in the world. If a person makes up his mind to do it, he will certainly r&&4&& his purpose. The following are thed_ 5&&that&&a student should remember: we s&&6&& ca we have to study as hard as p_ 7&& ;we must be honest and keep our words as w 8 . Each of us should receive good e&&9& . Ourparents send us to school to let us get k&10&& and wish us to be a hard-working and successful person inthe future. So when we fail, don't lose heart. Keep on working t 11 we succeed. Make sure nothing could prevent you from t_12_
来源:同步题
完形填空。
&&&& Everyone needs friends. We all like to&&& 1&&&close to someone. It is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh and do things with.&&&&2& , sometimes we need to be alone. We don't always want people&&& 3&&. But we would feel lonely if we never had a friend. No two people are&&& 4& . Friends sometimes don't get on well. That doesn't mean&&&&5&&&they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will make up (言归于好), and become&&&&6&&&again. Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very&&&&7& . We miss them very much, but we can&&&&8&&&them and write to them. It could be possible that we could even see them again. And we can also&&&&9&&&new friends.&&&&&&There's more good news for people who have friends. They live longer than people who don't have. Why? It could be that they are&&&10&&. Being happy helps you stay well and it could be good just knowing that someone cares about you.
(&&&& )1. A. look&&&& (&&& &)2. A. Hardly&& (& && )3. A. alone&&&& (&& & )4. A. friendly&(& && )5. A. that&&&& (&& & )6. A. enemies&& (&& & )7. A. angry&&&& (&& & )8. A. call&&&& (&&& &)9. A. look for(&&& &)10. A. happier&&
B. watch&&&& B. Nearly&&&& B. away&&&&&& B. kind&&&&&& B. whether&& B. strangers&&&&& B. sad&&&&&& B. ask&&&&&& B. find&&&&&& B. stronger&&
C. feel&&&&&&&&&& C. Suddenly&&&&&& C. all over&&&&&& C. just the same&C. how&&&&&&&&&& C. students&&&&&& C. happy&&&&&&&& C. tell&&&&&&&&&& C. make&&&&&&&&&& C. kinder&&&&&&&&
D. see&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Certainly&&&&&&& D. around&&&&&&&&&& D. quite different& D. why&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. friends&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.& alone&&&&&&&&&& D. talk with&&&&&&& D. know&&&&&&&&&&&& D. richer&&&&&&&&&&
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解.&&&& One midnight a little girl woke up to pass water. She by herself got up and down her bed, walked to the bedroom door and opened it. She looked outside and walked back, for it was so dark in the hall that she feared.&&&& Her mother said, "Don't be afraid, honey. Take courage!"&&&& "What's courage?" She asked, running to her mother's bed.&&&& "Courage is the brave breath," her mother answered.&&&& "Mum, do you have courage?"&&&& "Certainly. "&&&& The girl held out her little hands, saying, "Mum, blow some of your breath of courage to me."After her mother blew out two mouthfuls of breath into her little cold hands, the little girl clenched her fists (握拳) nervously, afraid that the breath of courage would run away. Then with her fists clenched, she walked out of the bedroom towards the bathroom with nothing to fear.Her mother said to herself, "It will be nice if someone can blow some kind of breath to me. Then I canhold it in my hands too when I feel terrified or lost. "&&&& In fact, mostly, what we are terrified of is nothing but the fear in our mind. Who we should defeat(战胜) is nobody but ourselves.1. The girl walked back because _____. &&& A. the bathroom was too far away&&& B. her mother wouldn't go with her&&& C. she was too afraid of the dark2. We learn from the reading that _____.&&&& A. the girl went to the bathroom by herself&&& B. the girl pretended to be terrified of nothing&&& C. the girl's mother was able to blow brave breath 3. To stop "mother's breath" from running away the girl _____.&&& A. held out her little hands&&& B. clenched her fists&&& C. talked to her mother4. The writer mainly wants to tell us that _____.&&& A. adults are always brave enough&&& B. children learn to be brave quickly&&& C. the fear in one's mind is the real problem5. Which is the best title for the passage?&&& A. The Fearless Mother&&& B. One Lonely Girl&&& C. The Breath of Courage
阅读理解。&&&& Happiness is for everyone. You don't need to care about those people who have beautiful houses with large gardens and swimming pools or those who have nice cars and a lot of money and so on. Why? Because those who have big houses may often feel lonely and those who have cars may want to walk on the country roads at their free time.&&&& In fact, happiness is always around you if you put your heart into it. When you are in trouble at school,your friends will help you get success, your friends will say co when you do something wrong, people around you will help you to correct it. And when you do something good to others, you will feel happy, too. All these are your happiness. If you notice a bit of them, you can see that happiness is always around you.&&&& Happiness is not the same as money. It is a feeling of your heart. When you are poor, you can also say you are very happy, because you have something else that can't be bought with money. When you meet with difficulties, you can say loudly you are very happy, because you have more chances to challenge yourself. So you cannot always say you are poor and you have bad luck. As the saying goes,"Life is like a revolving door. When it closes, it also opens. If you take every chance you get, you can be a happy and lucky person."1. According to the writer those who have big houses may often feel _______.A. Happy&& B. lonely&&&&C. free&&&&D. excited2. When you fall down in a P.E. class, both your teacher and your classmates will ______.A. Laugh at you B. play jokes on you&&&& C. quarrel with you&&&& D. help you up3. What will your friends say to you when you make great progress?A. Oh, so do I.&&&& B. Congratulations!&&&& C. Good luck.&&&& D. It's just so-so.4. Which idea is NOT right according to the passage?A. People who have cars would never like to walk in the open air.B. You can get help from others when you make mistakes.C. You can still be a happy person even if you have little money.D. Happiness is always around you though difficulties come towards you.5. What is this passage about?A. Bad luck.&&&&B. Good luck.&&&&C.&&Happiness.&&&&D.&&Life.
短文填空。&&&&&&&&&Everyone needs friends. We all like to feel close to someone. It is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh, and do things with. Surely, there are times when we need to be alone. We don't always want people1_________(周围). But we would feel lonely if we never had a friend.&&&&&&&& No two people are just the same. Sometimes friends don't 2_________(相处得好). That doesn't mean that they no longer like 3_________(互相). Most of the time they will make up and 4__________(继续)being friends.&&&&&&&& Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very sad. We 5_________(想念) them very much. But we call them and write to them. It could be that we would even see them again. And we can 6__________(结交新朋友). It is surprising to find out how much we like new people when we get to know them.&&&&&&&& Families sometimes name their children after a close friend. 7_________(许多地方)are named after men and women who have been friendly to people in a town. Some libraries are named this way. So are some schools. We 8_________(想起)these people when we go to these places.&&&&&&& There's more good news for people who have friends. They live 9_________(长一些)than people who don't. Why? It could be that they are happier. Being happy helps you stay well. Or it could be just knowing that someone cares. If someone cares about you, you take better care of 10_________(你自己).
综合填空。&&&&&&& Only Mother Love is true love. It gives everybody everything all h&&&(1) &life. When you are still a & baby, mother takes good care of you as p&& (2)&. In your w&&&(3)& hours she always holds you in her & arms. When you are ill, she stops her work right now to look after you day and night a&&&(4) &forgets & about herself. When you are growing up day b&&&(5)&&day, she feels very happy. When you are old & enough to go to school, mother still looks after you all the time. On cold winter days, she always tells & you to put on more clothes. She always stands in the wind w&&&(6) &for you back from school. When & you hurry to leave home for school with little breakfast, she you back from school. When you hurry to& leave home for school with little breakfast, she always feels w&&&(7)& about you at home. She usually & knows about your study and spends much money on your school things. When you do well at school, & you will see the brightest smile on her face.&&&&&& Mother is always ready to give everything she h&&(8)& to her children, n& (9)& to receive. What true & love that is in the w& (10) ! We will remember Mother Love for ever!
完形填空。
&&&&&& Don't waste precious (宝贵的) time because time __1__ will never return.&&&&&& Time passes very quickly. Some students __2__ they do not have enough time __3__ prepare all & their lessons. That's because they do not know __4__ mak __5__ they waste it in & doing some useless things. Why do men work? Why do they study? Why do we go to school __6__ in & the morning? What do trains run so fast? Why do __7__ people prefer taking buses instead of __8__? & The __9__ is very simple: we wish to save time because time is precious. Remember that time is&more&&&& valuable than money.
(&&&& )1. A. lose&&&&&&&&(&&&& )2. A. tell&&&&&&&&(&&&& )3. A. to&&&&&&&&&&(&&&& )4. A. how to&&&&&&(&&&& )5. A. because&&&& (&&&& )6. A. still&&&&&& (&&&& )7. A. such a few&&(&&&& )8. A. walking&&&& (&&&& )9. A. problem&&&&
B. losed&&&&&&B. talk&&&&&& B. at&&&&&&&& B. how&&&&&&&&B. or&&&&&&&& B. early&&&&&&B. such money B. work&&&&&& B. answer&&&&
C. lost&&&& C. say&&&&&&C. for&&&&&&C. why&&&&&&C. why&&&&&&C. late&&&& C. so few&& C. to walk&&C. question
D. last&&&&&&D. speak&&&& D. with&&&&&&D. where to&&D. how&&&&&& D. even&&&&&&D. so many&& D. walked&&&&D. reply&&&&
来源:河北省中考真题
完形填空。
&&&&& What's your idea about success? Some people say that beginners have all the luck, while others believe that success&&&1 & only with practice. In fact, I fell both of these statements (陈述) are not trueall the time. Each is true in some ways &2& not in others.&&&&& For example, I went to a drawing competition many years ago and&&3& surprisingly. As a prize, I got a film ticket to see "Titanic". I was really &4&& because it was the first time I had taken part in anycompetition, Thinking that I might be lucky again, I&&5&& joining in other art competitions, 'But the resultwas that I & 6 & won again. I accepted the fact that the other people had a &7&&artistic ability than Idid. Art was not something I was especially interested in and I had never practiced the different art skills.So, the&&8 & I produced were not of a very high standard.&&&& These experiences taught me a lot. Though I might have been lucky&&9 , I also need to put in hardwork. As we know,&&10 & makes perfect.& So I believe success builds on less luck and chance.
(&&&& )1. A. moves&&&&(&&&& )2. A. or&&&&&& (&&&& )3. A. won&&&&&&(&&&& )4. A. sorry&&&&(&&&& )5. A. tried&&&&(&&&& )6. A. often&&&&(&&&& )7. A. greater&&(&&&& )8. A. results&&(&&&& )9. A. at last&&(&&&& )10. A. chance&&
B. comes&&&&&& B. so&&&&&&&&&&B. began&&&&&& B. active&&&&&&B. forgot&&&&&&B. ever&&&&&&&&B. more naturalB. film&&&&&&&&B. at most&&&& B. practice&&&&
C. returns&&&&C. and&&&&&&&&C. failed&&&& C. lucky&&&&&&C. stopped&&&&C. seldom&&&& C. lower&&&&&&C. prizes&&&& C. at first&& C. difference
D. leaves&&&& D. but&&&&&&&&D. ended&&&&&&D. nervous&&&&D. remembered D. never&&&&&&D. more commonD. drawings&& D. at least&& D. experience&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
来源:山东省月考题
&&&&&& In one way of thinking,&&failure is part of life. In&&&1& &way, failure may be a way towards success. The "Spider-story" is often&&&2&&.Robert Bruce , leader of the Scots(苏格兰) in the 13 th century, was hiding in a cave(洞穴)from the English. He watched a spider&&&3& &a web. The spider tried to reachacross a rough(粗糙的)&&&4&&&in the rock. He tried six times. On the&&&5& &time he made it and went onto make his web. Bruce is said to have been encouraged by this and to have gone on to&&7&& &the English . Edison ,& the inventor of the light bulb,& made&&&6& & models that failed before he found the right way to make one. Once he was asked&&&8& &he kept on trying to make a new type of battery when he had failedso often, he replied, “Failure? I have&&&10& &failure. Now I know 50,000 ways it won't&&&&9& && &&&&&& The important thing to keep in mind about failure is that it's a part of life. Learn to "live with yourself"even though you may have failed.
(&&&& )1. A. other&&&& (&&&& )2. A. told&&&&&&(&&&& )3. A. to make&& (&&&& )4. A. room&&&&&&(&&&& )5. A. tenth&&&& (&&&& )6. A. save&&&&&&(&&&& )7. A. hundred&& (&&&& )8. A. why&&&&&& (&&&& )9. A. not&&&&&& (&&&& )10.A. do&&&&&&&&
B. another B. said B. made B. house&&&&&& B. sixth&&&&&& B. help&&&&&&&&B. hundreds&&&&B. when&&&&&&&&B. no&&&&&&&&&&B. make&&&&&&&&
C. firstC. talkedC. making&&C. place&&&& C. eighth&&&&C. defeat&&&& C. hundred of C. what C. never&& C. took&&
D. second&&&&&&&& D. spoken&&&&&&&& D. playing&&&&&&&&D. soil&&&&&&&&&& D. seventh&&&&&&&&D. kill&&&&&&&&&& D. hundreds of&&&&D. who&&&&&&&&&&&&D. nothing&&&&&&&&D. work&&&&&&&&&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Friends are very important in our everyday life. Everyone needs friends. We all like to feel close to someone. It is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh, and do things with. , sometimes we need to be 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
Friends are very important in our everyday life. Everyone needs friends. We all like to feel close to someone. It is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh, and do things with.&&&&&, sometimes we need to be alone. We don’t always want people &&&&&. But we would feel lonely if we never had a friend.No two people are &&&&&. Friends sometimes don’t get on well. That doesn’t mean that they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will &&&&&&and become friends again.Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very &&&&&. We miss them very much, but we can call them and write to them. And we can &&&&&&new friends. It is encouraging to find out how much we like new people when we get to know them. There’s more good news for people who have friends. They live longer than people who don’t. Why? Friends can make us feel happy. Being happy helps you &&&&&well. If someone cares about you, you take &&&&&&care of yourself.小题1:A.HardlyB.NearlyC.Suddenly D.Certainly小题2:A.aloneB.awayC.all overD.around小题3:A.friendlyB.kindC.just the same D.quite different小题4:A.make upB.run awayC.get aroundD.set off小题5:A.angryB.sadC.happyD.alone小题6:A.searchB.contactC.makeD.know小题7:A.stayB.matchC.thinkD.organize小题8:A.lessB.betterC.littleD.lot
小题1:D小题2:D小题3:C小题4:A小题5:B小题6:C小题7:A小题8:B试题分析:朋友在我们生活中是非常重要的。每个人都需要朋友,都需要有个可以与之一起说笑,一起玩耍的人作伴。朋友就像天空中的太阳,会给我们的生活带来阳光,会使我们心情舒畅,也会使我们的寿命更长,为什么呢?因为朋友会使我们快乐,而快乐会促进人的健康。小题1:D副词辨析。A. 几乎不;B. 几乎;C. 突然;D. 当然。上文讲人们都需要有个朋友在一起说笑,一起做事,而下文又提到一种事实,即人们也需要独处,由此判断此处应该用表示思路转折的过渡词,故答案选D。小题2:D副词辨析。 A. 单独;B. 在外;C. 全部 ;D. 周围。由上文sometimes we need to be alone.可知人们有时候喜欢独处,不喜欢周围有其他人,所以答案选D。小题3:C形容词辨析。A. 友好的 ;B. 好心的; C. 相同的; D.很不同的。由后句Friends sometimes don’t get on well.可知任何人之间都会有分歧,不会有想法观点完全一样的人,由此判断C选项正确。句意:没有两个人是完全一样的。小题4:A动词短语辨析。A.编造 ;B.逃跑 ;C. 传播,走动; D. 出发。前句提到Friends sometimes don’t get on well“他们有时候不能很好的相处”,再根据后句become friends again可以判断A选项正确。句意:他们会和好,会再次成为朋友。小题5:B形容词辨析。A. 生气的; B. 悲伤的;C.高兴的;D. 单独的。根据文章提示和情理推断得知,朋友离开了,我们会感到难过,会非常想念他们,所以答案选B。小题6:C动词辨析。A. 搜索;B. 联系;C. 交友;D. 知道。固定短语:make friends“交朋友”,根据情理可知当朋友搬走了,人们会交新朋友,故C选项正确。小题7:A动词辨析。A. 停留; B.比赛;C.思考; D. 组织。由语境可知well在此是形容词,表示“身体好”,而这四个选项中只有stay可以是系动词,后面跟形容词做表语,故答案选A。小题8:B形容词辨析。A. 更少;B. 更好;C. 少; D.多。上文告诉我们朋友带来的快乐会使人身心健康,由此可知当别人关心你的时候,你是在更好地关爱你自己。故答案选B。
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
One day a young man was standing in the middle of the town claiming that he had the most beautiful heart in the whole valley. A large crowd gathered, and they all &&&&&&his heart for it was perfect.Suddenly, an old man appeared and said, "Why, your heart is not &&&&&&as beautiful as mine!" The crowd and the young man looked at the old man's heart. It was full of &&&&&. It had places where pieces had been &&&&&&and other pieces put in, but they didn't &&&&&&quite right. In fact, in some places whole pieces were &&&&&.The young man laughed, "Compared with your heart, mine is perfect and yours is a &&&&&." "Yes," said the old man, "Yours looks perfect but I would never swap with you. You see, every scar(伤疤) represents a person to whom I have given my &&&&&. I tear out a piece of my heart and give it to them, &&&&&&often they give me a piece of their heart that fits into the &&&&&&place in my heart. So the scars have me remember the love we &&&&&. Sometimes I have given pieces of my heart away, and the other person hasn't &&&&&&a piece of his or her heart to me. These are the empty &&&&&&— giving love is taking a chance. Although &&&&&, they stay open. So now do you see what true &&&&&&is?"The young man walked up to the old man, &&&&&&his perfect heart, and tore a piece out. He &&&&&&it to the old man. The old man placed it in his &&&&&, then took a piece from his old scarred heart and placed it in the young man's heart. The young man looked at his heart, not perfect &&&&&&but more beautiful than ever, since love from the old man's heart &&&&&&into his.How sad it must be to go through life with a whole untouched heart!小题1:A.appreciatedB.dislikedC.hatedD.broke小题2:A.nearlyB.hardlyC.honestlyD.widely小题3:A.itemsB.scarsC.detailsD.tips小题4:A.formedB.addedC.designedD.removed小题5:A.feelB.fitC.sinkD.calm小题6:A.amazingB.willingC.missingD.boiling小题7:A.jokeB.trapC.successD.goal小题8:A.opinionB.powerC.voteD.love小题9:A.soB.butC.orD.and小题10:A.perfectB.emptyC.entireD.equal小题11:A.wantedB.spentC.sharedD.ignored小题12:A.lentB.returnedC.expressedD.left小题13:A.holesB.boxesC.roomsD.seats小题14:A.hopefulB.gratefulC.painfulD.peaceful小题15:A.beautyB.angerC.mercyD.surprise小题16:A.went throughB.reached intoC.gave upD.watched over小题17:A.employedB.packedC.rewardedD.offered小题18:A.pocketB.heartC.bagD.mind小题19:A.overB.onceC.anymoreD.apart小题20:A.flowedB.bentC.escapedD.burst
Little did I know that I was about to see something I would never forget at the Kentucky Association of School Administrators.They introduced the young musician---Mr Patrick Henry Hughes. He was rolled onto the stage in his wheelchair and began to play the piano. His fingers danced across the keys as he made beautiful music.About ten minutes into Patrick’s performance, someone came on the stage and said, “I’d like to share a seven-minute video about Patrick Hughes.” Then the lights were turned down.Patrick Henry Hughes was born with no eyes and a tightening of the joints(关节), which left him disabled for life. However, he was fitted with artificial eyes and placed in a wheelchair. Before his first birthday, he discovered the piano. His mom said, “I could hit any note on the piano, and within one or two tries, he’d get it.” By his second birthday, he was playing records people asked for. His father was ecstatic. “We might not play baseball, but we can play music together.”Today, Patrick is a junior. His father attends classes with him and he’s made nearly all A’s. He’s also a part of a 214-member marching band(游乐乐队). He’s a blind, wheelchair- he and his father do it together. In order to attend Patrick’s classes and every band practice, his father works the night shift(夜班) at United Parcel Service. Patrick says, “My dad’s my hero.”On stage, between songs, Patrick talked to the audience about his life and about how blessed he was, “God made me blind and unable to walk. BIG DEAL! He gave me musical gifts and the great opportunity to meet new people.”When his performance was over, the crowd rose to their feet and cheered for over five minutes.小题1:The underlined word “ecstatic” could be replaced by “_________”.A.relaxedB.disappointedC.anxiousD.delighted小题2:What do we know about Patrick’s father?A.He taught Patrick to play the piano.B.He does part-time jobs in the daytime.C.He accompanies Patrick in class and practice.D.He expects Patrick to become a famous musician.小题3:We know from the text that Patrick Henry Hughes ______________.A.began to play the piano at age twoB.is in charge of a marching bandC.is now a high school studentD.admires his father greatly.小题4:The story of Patrick Henry Hughes mainly teaches us to _______________. A.develop an interest in musicB.be grateful for what we haveC.be ready to help people in troubleD.work hard to achieve great success
Childhood was an illusion (错觉)and the illusion was this: everything was bigger. No, I mean everything, not just houses and shops and grown-ups, but colors and flowers and journeys, especially journeys which seemed endless. “Are we there yet, Daddy?”Funfairs (游乐场) were huge things that spread for miles around you with noise and lights and exciting danger. Rainy days at home when you were ill seemed to last for ever. Being a grown-up yourself was an unthinkable distant possibility. Every sound was louder, every game was grander, every pain unbearable. As I’ve grown old, life has become smaller. Tastes have dulled. Surprises have turned into shocks. Days go by unnoticed. How can I regain childhood when it was an illusion? I have only one repeatable and wonderful way and even in this way I can regain only part of that larger world. I can play upon the stage like a child and make the crowd laugh and laugh with them, sometimes helplessly like a child, and then, even though I’m a sixty-one-year-old man, I can almost catch the colors and sounds and stillness of those bigger years when I was little.小题1:How does the author feel about his childhood?A.It was endless.B.It was unpleasant.C.He is glad that it is over.D.He misses it as a grown-up小题2:The author thinks that everything was bigger in childhood because&________A.children could not make proper judgments.B.children were curious and eager about lifeC.things appeared really big in children’s eyesD.to grow up seemed so long for children小题3:The world seems to have become smaller to the author because&_______.A.life is disappointingB.time goes by too fastC.he has had too many surprisesD.foods no longer taste delicious小题4:The author enjoys playing on the stage so as to&_______.A.act like a childB.live an unusual lifeC.make the crowd laughD.regain his childhood
During the last fifteen years of my mother's life she suffered with Alzheimer's disease (老年性痴呆). Until then she had been a bright, ____ woman deeply interested and involved in the world around her. I would go home to visit her in Virginia and she would look at me in a(an) ____ way and ask, "Who are you?" I would answer, "I'm your son." "Where do you live?" She would ask. "In California," I would tell her. "Isn't that interesting," she would say, "I have a son in California." She seemed ____ forgetful and confused at the beginning of the disease, ____ later on she would go ___ periods of intense anxiety. She would pace through the house she had lived in most of her life ____ uneasily that she wanted to go home. Or she would leave home and wander away if she were ____ for a short time.&&&Hoping to please her and put her mind ____ I would take her for a drive, visiting sites where she had lived as a ____. In the yard of the hillside house in Shipman I sat in the car and admired the view of the old oaks and long green lawn. I ____ my mother there was a little girl playing with the pet lamb she had been so fond of. I looked to her for some ____. She shook her head and said, "I want to go home." Over the years I have decided that what my mother was calling home was not a ____, but a time. I suspect it was a time when she was much ____, when her children were still underfoot, when her husband was still vigorous and attentive.Watching my mother's suffering set me wondering ____ I would have in mind if someday I couldn't find ____ and wanted to go there. In this family we tend to be long-lived and we grow fuzzy (糊涂的) minded as the years go by. At eighty I have already noticed some ____ symptoms. My doctor says the forgetfulness is only ____ and that it comes with age. Still the fear of Alzheimer's is haunting there. Someday ____ and when I become even more ____ minded than I am now, unable to drive and unable to tell you where "home" is, my dear son, I expect I will ask you to take me home, I know you will do your best to find the place I need to be. I leave these notes for your ____.小题1:A.accessibleB.cheerfulC.hopefulD.considerate小题2:A.excitedB.doubtfulC.puzzledD.amazed小题3:A.greatlyB.hardlyC.totallyD.simply小题4:A.butB.soC.andD.though小题5:A.withB.throughC.byD.over小题6:A.declaringB.suggesting C.cryingD.commenting小题7:A.unsettledB.unattendedC.unconcernedD.uninspired小题8:A.in placeB.under controlC.in orderD.at ease小题9:A.ladyB.studentC.childD.mother小题10:A.toldB.picturedC.statedD.encouraged小题11:A.responseB.smileC.reasonsD.answers小题12:A.nameB.dreamC.symbol D.place小题13:A.prettierB.youngerC.happierD.healthier小题14:A.thatB.whereC.whichD.when小题15:A.memoryB.passionC.homeD.way小题16:A.deadlyB.alarmingC.interestingD.allergic小题17:A.naturalB.specialC.rareD.unique小题18:A.ifB.whatC.untilD.whether小题19:A.mechanicalB.cloudyC.clearD.stubborn小题20:A.appreciationB.satisfactionC.guidance D.convenience
Joy in the journeyIf you have ever been discouraged because of failure, please read on. For often, achieving what you set out to do is not the important thing. Let me explain. Two brothers decided to dig a deep hole behind their house. As they were working, a couple of older boys stopped by to &&&&&. “What are you doing?” asked one of the visitors. “We plan to dig a hole all the way through the&&&&&!” one of the brothers volunteered &&&&&.
The older boys began to&&&&&, telling the younger ones that digging a hole all the way through the earth was &&&&&. After a long silence, one of the&&&&&&&&picked up a jar full of spiders, worms and many other kinds of insects. He&&&&&&the lid and showed the wonderful&&&&&&to the scoffing(嘲笑的)visitors. Then he said quietly and&&&&&, “Even if we don’t dig all the way through the earth, look at what we have found&&&&&&the way!”
Their goal was far too ambitious, but it did cause them to dig. And that is&&&&&&a goal is for — to cause us to move in the&&&&&&we have chosen, in other words, to keep us&&&&&! But not every goal will be fully&&&&&. Not every job will end&&&&&. Not every hope will come to pass. Not every love will last. Not every dream will be&&&&&. But when you fall&&&&&&of your aim, perhaps you can say, “Yes, but look at what I found along the way! Look at the wonderful things&&&&&&my life because I tried to do something!” It is in the digging&&&&&&life is lived. And I believe it is the joy in the journey, in the end, that truly &&&&&.小题1:A.restB.workC.watch D.laugh小题2:A.houseB.earthC.wallD.road小题3:A.calmlyB.patientlyC.excitedlyD.impatiently小题4:A.laughB.thinkC.stareD.smile小题5:A.importantB.difficult C.impossibleD.interesting小题6:A.passers-byB.watchersC.visitorsD.diggers小题7:A.movedB.removedC.broke D.pushed小题8:A.contentsB.scenesC.pictures D.jars小题9:A.properlyB.confidentlyC.carefullyD.happily小题10:A.inB.alongC.toD.out小题11:A.whatB.howC.whereD.which小题12:A.wayB.directionC.lifeD.sight小题13:A.thinkingB.moving C.digging D.living小题14:A.madeB.preparedC.kickedD.achieved小题15:A.hopelesslyB.pleasantlyC.surprisinglyD.successfully小题16:A.come trueB.realized C.madeD.treasured小题17:A.shortB.lostC.outD.behind小题18:A.breaking intoB.turning toC.coming intoD.holding to小题19:A.whenB.where C.whichD.that小题20:A.mattersB.happensC.appearsD.exists
A man wanted to study medicine but couldn’t make up his mind. He went to ask his friend, “Is it ___ for me to study it now? I’ll be 44 after 4 years of college.” His friend said to him, “Why not?Four years later you will be 44 whether or not you go to college.” He ____ about it for a night and got the idea. The next day he went to sign at the college.One of my friends, Jim, did ____with somebody else a few years ago. Their ship got&& ____in the storm at sea and their hope, together with their goods ____ suddenly. Jim was so ____by the blow that he became low-spirited and couldn’t ____ focus his attention on his work. While his ____who suffered the same catastrophe (灾难) never ____. His day went on as colorfully as before. My friend asked him how he could ____it. He said, “When you complain, and feel sad, l when you are happy and ____yourself, the world runs as usual. Which do you ____?”That’s how a person leads his life. When you are ____and in a good mood, your future seems sunny and bright. ____, when you are worried and have something sad in your ____, your future will turn dark. The latter situation will cost you a great deal ____ you allow it to last. You will ____ the joyful things.There is a poem that ____ “Whether you are aware or not, whether you like or dislike, show attention or ignore , flowers bloom luxuriously(怒放)all the same.” Just as flowers keep blooming, fine days are ____one after another. ____ to spend your days—joyfully or sorrowfully—will entirely depend on yourself.小题1:A.difficultB.convenientC.suitableD.comfortable小题2:A.thoughtB.cared C.worriedD.complained小题3:A.actionB.researchC.businessD.agreement小题4:A.absorbedB.buriedC.involvedD.caught小题5:A.escapedB.survivedC.decreasedD.disappeared小题6:A.embarrassedB.upsetC.nervousD.amazed小题7:A.stillB.evenC.everD.yet小题8:A.partnerB.directorC.employerD.interviewer小题9:A.lost weightB.lost his wayC.lost faceD.lost heart小题10:A.agreeB.manageC.attemptD.understand小题11:A.enjoyB.proveC.teachD.behave小题12:A.decideB.suggestC.imagineD.choose小题13:A.independentB.realisticC.optimisticD.negative小题14:A.In factB.On the contraryC.In other wordsD.In the end小题15:A.mindB.thoughtC.ideaD.opinion小题16:A.so thatB.unlessC.ifD.even if小题17:A.remindB.loseC.keepD.remember小题18:A.saysB.talksC.writesD.speaks小题19:A.spendingB.passingC.wastingD.leaving小题20:A.WhetherB.HowC.WhereD.Why
There was a temple, in front of& which stood an ancient banyan ( 菩提树 ). One ____morning, a monk got up to____the courtyard and noticed the fallen leaves were everywhere. He couldn’t help worrying and stared at the tree to____. Suddenly he dropped the broom and rushed to his master’s room. He knocked at the door to request for____.When the master caught sight of his worried____,he thought something must have taken place. He asked with ____,“Why are you in a panic?”The young monk was full of____and questioned,“Master, you persuade us to struggle to____our moral character and grasp the truth. However, even though I learn them well, it is hard to avoid____. Till then, aren't we just like the leaves in autumn or the deadwood in winter? And we will be buried by a handful of soil?”Having heard it, the master pointed at the ancient banyan and____to him,“There is no____to worry about it. With winds blowing hard and the snow falling down heavily,the leaves in autumn and the deadwood in winter will climb back to the trees____and become the flowers in spring and grow up into the leaves in summer.”“Why don't I see it?”“The____is that there isn't any view in your heart, so you can't see the bloom.”Facing the dancing leaves and____they will be in bloom, you need to be optimistic.& There are always some miseries which may____you when you are unprepared, but we don't need to worry for the____of this day.Treat life with the attitude of optimism, because it can not only____the pain and misfortune, but also bring a kind of____mood to you. As long as the____is in the heart, the paths full of the sweet smell of flowers are____.小题1:A.spring    B.summer   C.autumn   D.winter小题2:A.take upB.make upC.bring upD.clean up小题3:A.signB.sighC.admireD.cheer小题4:A.interviewB.invitationC.arrangementD.description小题5:A.expressionB.impressionC.attitudeD.behavior小题6:A.excitementB.angerC.concernD.courage小题7:A.doubtB.prideC.respectD.enthusiasm小题8:A.changeB.developC.showD.discover小题9:A.dangerB.deathC.growthD.accident小题10:A.announcedB.suggestedC.explainedD.declared小题11:A.wonderB.choiceC.useD.need小题12:A.quicklyB.silentlyC.badlyD.worriedly小题13:A.resultB.answerC.reasonD.course小题14:A.imaginingB.realizingC.demandingD.designing小题15:A.relieveB.occupyC.strikeD.abandon小题16:A.beginningB.arrivalC.harmD.dream小题17:A.agreeB.dissolveC.compareD.choose小题18:A.disappointedB.puzzledC.satisfiedD.left小题19:A.environmentB.viewC.pointD.sight小题20:A.somewhereB.everywhereC.somehowD.anyhow
The dirty, homeless man sat on the pavement, staring at the stones. He thought back more than twenty years to when he was a boy living in a small red brick house on this very street. He recalled the flower garden, the swing his dad made, and the bike he had saved up for months to buy.The man shrugged impatiently, for the brightness of those pictures hurt him, and his memory traveled on another ten years. He had a job by then, plenty of friends and started to come home less. He did not really want to remember those years, nor the day when, because of debts, he had gone home planning to ask for money. He felt embarrassed, but he knew exactly where his dad kept the money. When his parents stepped out of the room, he took what he wanted and left.That was the last time he had seen them. Ashamed, he went abroad, and his parents knew nothing about the years of wandering or time in prison. But locked in his cell he often thought of home. Once free, he would love to see his parents again, if they were still alive, and still wanted to see him.When his prison time was up, he found a job, but couldn’t settle. Something was drawing him home. He did not want to arrive penniless, so he hitchhiked most of the long journey back. But less than a mile from his destination he started to feel sick with doubt. Could they ever accept this man who had so bitterly disappointed them?He spent most of that day sitting under a tree. That evening he posted a letter which, although short, had taken him hours to write. It ended with:I know it is unreasonable of me to suppose you want to see me ... so it’s up to you. I’ll come early Thursday morning. If you want me home, hang a white handkerchief in the window of my old bedroom. If it’s there, I’ if not, I’ll wave good-bye and go.And now it was Thursday morning and he was sitting on the pavement at the end of the street. Finally he got up and walked slowly toward the old house. He drew a long breath and looked.His parents were taking no risks. ________________________________________The man threw his head back, gave a cry of relief and ran straight through the open front door.小题1:Why did the man shrug impatiently (paragraph 2) while he was thinking of his childhood?A.The thoughts made him angry.B.He felt he had wasted time.C.He was anxious to go home.D.The sweet memory caused him much pain.小题2:Why did it take him hours to write the letter?A.He doubted if his parents still lived in that house.B.He had much news to tell his parents.C.He felt ashamed to ask for forgiveness.D.He was longing to return home and felt excited.小题3:In what order did the following events take place?a. He took the money from his parents.b. He bought a bicycle with his savings.c. He was sentenced to prison.d. He wrote the letter home.e. He sat on the pavement.f. He hitchhiked back home.A.b, a, c, d, e, f B.b, a, c, f, d, eC.a, c, b, d, f, a D.a, d, b, c, e, f小题4:Which of the following best fits into paragraph 8?A.Every inch of the house was covered in white. Sheets, pillowcases and table clothes had been placed on every window and door, making it look like a snow house.B.The house before him was just as he remembered: the red bricks, the brown door and nothing else.C.A colorful blanket was over the front door. On it, in large letters, was written, “Welcome home, son”.D.A police car was parked in the drive way, and two officers stood at the front door.小题5:The best title of the passage is _______.A.Sweet Memory B.White HandkerchiefC.Abandoned Son D.Leaving Home
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 live love laugh 的文章

随机推荐