Copyright Status
Public domain in the USA.
43 downloads in the last 30 days.
Download This eBook
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-h/4360-h.htm
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="4 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-h.htm
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="7 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4360.epub.images?session_id=fcfbbcc4f96dbe7553ccf64cd37d6bf25f190d29
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="6 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4360.epub.noimages?session_id=fcfbbcc4f96dbe7553ccf64cd37d6bf25f190d29
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="6 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4360.kindle.images?session_id=fcfbbcc4f96dbe7553ccf64cd37d6bf25f190d29
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content=".4 MB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4360.kindle.noimages?session_id=fcfbbcc4f96dbe7553ccf64cd37d6bf25f190d29
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content=".4 MB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4360.txt.utf-8
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="1 kB
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4360/
Enter your search terms separated by spaces,
then press &Enter&.
Avoid punctuation except as indicated below:
exact match
Always put spaces around these.
this query
shakespeare hamlet
"Hamlet" by Shakespeare
"qui", not "Quixote"
love stories
love stories
a.shakespeare
by Shakespeare
s.shakespeare
about Shakespeare
ebook no. 74
juvenile l.german
juvenile lit in German
verne ( l.fr | l.it )
by Verne in French or Italian
love stories ! austen
love stories not by Austen
jane austen cat.audio
audio books by Jane Austen&#xe621; 上传我的文档
&#xe602; 下载
&#xe60c; 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
&#xe602; 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
crais, robert - the forgotten man英文小说fiction西方文学作品电子版下载
下载积分:2500
内容提示:crais, robert - the forgotten man英文小说fiction西方文学作品电子版下载
文档格式:TXT|
浏览次数:1|
上传日期: 01:54:34|
文档星级:&#xe60b;&#xe60b;&#xe60b;&#xe60b;&#xe60b;
全文阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
&#xe71b; 2500 积分
&#xe602;下载此文档
该用户还上传了这些文档
crais, robert - the forgotten man英文小说fiction西
官方公共微信以下试题来自:
It is customary for adults to forget how bad and dull and long school is. The learning by memory of all the basic things one must know is a most incredible and unending effort. School is not easy and it is not for the most part very much fun, but then, if you are very lucky, you may find a real teacher. Three real teachers in a lifetime are the very best of my luck. I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.
My three had these things in common: they all loved what they were doing. They catalyzed (刺激) a burning desire to know. Under their influence, the horizons sprung wide and fear went away and unknown became knowable. But most important of all, the truth, that dangerous stuff, became beautiful and very precious.
I shall speak only of my first teacher because in addition to the other things, she brought discovery.
She aroused us to shouting, bookwaving discussions. She had the noisiest class in school and she didn’’t even seem to know it. We could never stick to the subject. Our speculation ranged the world. She breathed curiosity into us so that we brought in facts or truths shielded in our hands like captured fireflies.
She was fired and perhaps rightly so, for failing to teach fundamentals. Such things must be learned. But she left a passion in us for the pure knowable world and curiosity which has never left. I could not do simple arithmetic but through her I sensed that abstract mathematics was very much like music. When she was relieved, a sadness came over us but the light did not go out. She left her signature on us, the literature of the teacher who writes on minds. I have had many teachers who told me soon-forgotten backs (out-dated courses) but only three who created in me a new thing, a new attitude and a new hunger. I suppose that to a large extent I am the unsigned manuscript of the high school teacher. What deathless power lies in the hands of such a person!
I can tell my son who looks forward with horror to fifteen years of drudgery that somewhere in the dusty dark a magic may happen that will light up the years ... if he is very lucky.
In the last sentence of the last but one paragraph, the author wrote "What deathless power lies in the hands of such a person." "such a person" refers to somebody__________. who created in me a new thing,a new attitude and a new hunger.
为您推荐的考试题库
你可能感兴趣的试题
1A.the Washington Post is not written in EnglishB.the words collected in the Third International reflects the fact of English use in all the mediumC.the words collected in the Second International should be followed as the only normD.a dictionary should provide more quotations2.问答题 “Interview”3.填空题 circumstances4.填空题 B5A.He relaxes.B.He goes to work.C.He goes fishing.D.He works at home. Questions 19 to 22 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
热门相关试卷
最新相关试卷Forgotten Rebels: News
40th ANNIVERSARY TICKET GIVEAWAY CONTEST!
In August of 1977 Mickey Desadist formed the Forgotten Rebels, one of the best and most enduring punk bands in the world. Today, 40 years later, after many albums and uncountable gigs they are still as amazing as ever!
We are celebrating forty years of Forgotten Rebels with a ticket giveaway to their upcoming August 26th show at the epic ! You will win two tickets to the weekend long festival and when you arrive you will also get a FR's shirt signed by the whole band!
A Rebels based contest question will be revealed tomorrow, Wednesday August 9th at 6PM PT / 9PM ET on
so get ready! The first to answer the question correctly (as per Facebook timestamp) will win the tickets (note: only your first answer will count, so do your research!). Good luck!
PS Thanks so much to Matt of Legends Valley for the donation of tickets for this contest!! You're the best!!
Forgotten Rebels Return to BC Canada!
The Forgotten Rebels will return to the stage for the epic muti-day
at Lake Cowichan, BC on Vancouver Island! Last year was amazing so be sure to not miss it this year. The Rebels will be performing on Saturday August 26th, more details will be updated on the
as information comes in!
are available now with individual day tickets to come.
Forgotten Rebels Website Celebrates 20 Years
I can't believe that The Forgotten Rebels website is now 20 years old!!
Back in 1996 I found myself searching for information on my favourite band, the Forgotten Rebels, and wasn't able to find much more than bits and pieces. I was really surprised that this important punk band didn't have their own website so I took it upon myself to put up a webpage for them with a list of their albums, show dates and other information.
Almost immediately I was contacted by tons of Rebels fans sending me information and stories about the band to fill up the site. A couple months later the page got the attention of the band and I was contacted by Jeff Campbell giving me their blessing to become the Official Forgotten Rebels website! This was amazing, I never thought that would ever happen.
Two years later I got an email from Mickey saying that he and his friend were looking at my website and it was the first time that Mickey had ever seen a webpage on the Internet, and it was my website!! I couldn't believe it!
Seeing the Rebels live this past weekend at the Legends Valley Festival was a great gift for the twenty years I've been working on the page. The Rebels will also be hitting their 40 year anniversary in 2017 and I can't wait to see what the future brings for the band!
Another Festival Concert for the Rebels!
FORGOTTEN REBELS LIVE IN HAMILTON
SATURDAY AUG 20 @ 9:30PM BAYFRONT PARK
Next weekend, on August 20th, the Rebels will be playing the
at Bayfront Park in Hamilton as part of a huge two day event of beer and music!! The Rebels hit the stage at 9:45PM on Aug 20th but make sure you check out all the other bands that are playing the festival as well!!
The Festival is described as "2016 will mark the 3rd year of Hamilton Beer Festival. Join us as we venture to create an unparalleled festival experience in the heart of Hamilton!"
are $25 for the Saturday the Rebels are playing or $40 for a weekend pass. You can get more information at the
Also, check out
on the right of Mike, Jeff, Shawn and Dan getting ready for their upcoming festival shows! Click for larger version.
New Canadian West Coast Show Announcement!
After 15 long years, the Forgotten Rebels return to the West Coast of Canada to play the three day
at Lake Cowichan, BC on Vancouver Island! The last time the Rebels were out this way was in 2001 so be sure NOT to miss this huge show!
for this event now! Check out their
for more details.
New Rebels Related 7" Vinyl Released!
There is a new Rebels related 7" out! Side A is Chris Houston and the Evelyn Dicks with the song Einstein's Brain. Side B is Mickey De Sadist with Pogo Au Gogo (Chris Houston) with a 1986 recording of Shit for Brains, an early version of the song that ended up on the FR's 1994 album Criminal Zero. The 7" was pressed on both black (980 copies) and limited white vinyl (20 copies). Head over to
for more information.
You can get your copy through
Two New Additions To The Discography and a New Gig!
Mickey DeSadist of the Forgotten Rebels is in a documentary called
which has been in the making for about six years. This film is a sequel to the 1978 shot called The Last Pogo in which Mickey also makes a brief appearance. The film just had a private screening and they are lining up the film for the film festival circuit so we will let you know where it will be playing as soon as it is posted! Steve Mahon and Chris Houston, both previous members of the Forgotten Rebels, are also in the documentary. Head over to
for more information.
Just ran across an extremely rare compilation cassette from 1988 called "Earcheck" that includes the
Forgotten Rebels song "Little Girl Thrills" that was used to promote Enigma and Restless Records for the 1988 New Music Seminar in New York City. The liner notes say "From the Restless Album "Surfin' On Heroin" Mickey DeSadist" and the crew conjure up echoes of the Doors, the Stray Cats and David Bowie (to name a few), with a healthy does of National Lampoon mixed in." Take a look at
for more information.
The Forgotten Rebels will be playing March 2, 2013 at The Rockpile in Etobicoke! Check out
for more details and ticket information.
The Forgotten Rebels Tribute Album Volumes One and Two!
From the press release from
(Contact: )
"Canadian punk icons The Forgotten Rebels celebrate their 35th anniversary with two tribute album releases. 2012 marks the 35th Anniversary of the Canadian revolutionary punk legends The Forgotten Rebels. To celebrate this milestone, Niagara Falls, Ontario producer Brad "brado" Pine proudly releases online for digital download (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) The Forgotten Rebels Tribute Albums Volume One & Volume Two."
"The Forgotten Rebels Tribute Albums have a true independent punk rock spirit. It's an impressive collection of independent bands from North America, Europe, and Latin America. The Forgotten Rebels Tribute Albums have some unique cover styles which differ from the classic punk rock tribute formulas you usually get. These albums definitely cross musical genres. Some of the artists on this project have totally made the songs their own in sound and style." - Brad "brado" Pine
BUY IT ON iTunes:
Album Audio Clips:
Happy 35 Year Anniversary Rebels!
The world has been enjoying the Forgotten Rebels for 35 years now. Happy Anniversary to Mickey and all the boys in the band!
Here's a video of 'I Think of Her' shot at the concert at This Ain't Hollywood a week ago on June 23, 2012, courtesy of
Merchandise Section Expanded!
A number of entries to
have been added including past and present buttons and shirts. The current merchandise is available in the listed stores on the page but you'll have to chase down the older merch. Happy hunting!
Review of Last Ones Standing CD!
of the Rebel's newest release
has been posted on the 3rd Generation Nation magazine website. The review is in German so you'll have to use
to get an approximation of what the review says.
Two New Dates For The 'Last Ones Standing' Tour!
Two additional dates have been added to the 'Last Ones Standing Tour'. Check out
for locations, ticket prices and opening bands.
Nov 26, 2011:
Dec 10, 2011:
Forgotten Rebels Cover Album in Talks!
Brad Pine of
and solo as
has let me know that he is currently in talks to get all the proper clearance to release the first Forgotten Rebels tribute CD! There are an amazing array of bands covering a variety of classic and newer Forgotten Rebels songs. More information on the album will come in as the talks progress.
NEW CD 'Live: Last Ones Standing' OUT NOW!
Today, July 9, 2011, the Forgotten Rebels release their first album in over a decade, ! Before the CD release concert at 'This Ain't Hollywood' tonight the Forgotten Rebels will be at
doing a meet and greet from 2PM-4PM where you can pick up a copy of the new live CD!
Interview with Mickey in the View!
Read a great interview with Mickey in
where he talks about the Rebels new CD "Live: Last Ones Standing". Also, the Rebels new album debuted at the
in Hamilton!
New CD from Forgotten Rebels 'Live: Last Ones Standing' and tour!
The Rebels are releasing their
on July 9, 2011 at the 'This Ain't Hollywood' concert!! This is the day that Rebels fans have been waiting for for eleven years since the last album release. The album details will be filled in as more information comes in. The 'Last Ones Standing' tour to support the new CD will start off with three dates in the Ontario area: Toronto, London and Hamilton. Check
for information and more dates as they come in.
Cover Albums Added to Discography!
A number of albums of bands with covers of Forgotten Rebels songs have been added to the
including versions of '3rd Homosexual Murder', 'Iran' and 'Little Girl In The Snow'. Most of these albums are extremely hard to find so keep your eyes open for copies!
New Forgotten Rebels Website!
Welcome to the new Forgotten Rebels website! The site has been completely redesigned with the idea of detailed information on every gig and every album the Forgotten Rebels have released. Head over to the
to check out the massively expanded listing of Forgotten Rebels related releases you've probably never heard of along with pictures of the covers and liner notes. In the
there will be much more expanded details of each gig along with a concert poster. In the
you can learn about all the past members of the Forgotten Rebels along with which albums they played on and other bands they've been in.
The new website is still expanding with the back catalogue of information I've acquired over the 15 years of operating the Rebels website! Hope you enjoy this present of a new website this holiday season and have a happy new year!
New Forgotten Rebels Album Announced!
The new Forgotten Rebels album was announced today by Mickey through Facebook! He says it will be a live album and is almost finished being mixed by Dee Cernile (guitarist of Sven Gali). The album consists of 20 songs with 2 new ones never before released! This will be the first Forgotten Rebels album released in 10 years so I'm sure all the fans are looking forward to it.
Forgotten Rebels Gig in November
The Rebels are playing on November 20th and if you live in the Hamilton area head on down and check them out at The Casbah! Check out the
for more details on this upcoming show.
Forgotten Rebels Gig in June!
If you live in the Waterloo area make sure you don't miss the gig the Rebels are playing at Chainsaw on June 26th!! Check out the
for more details on this upcoming show.
Happy 11th Wedding Anniversary to Mickey and Pam!
Today is Mickey and Pam's 11th Wedding Anniversary, congratulations. The 11th Anniversary is the STEEL anniversary so I'm sure you'll be able to find something appropriate in Hamilton for that. ;-)
A trio of Rebels Gigs in March!
If you live in London, Brantford or Hamilton Ontario you're in for a treat! The Forgotten Rebels are playing three shows in March on the 13, 20 and 27th. Check out the
for more details on the upcoming shows. Don't miss them!
Missed Forgotten Rebels Gig!
The Forgotten Rebels played at the Reverb as part of NXNE on June 18, 2009! There's a review over at
saying that there wasn't a very good turn out. Unfortunately I wasn't alerted to this gig or more people might have shown up. There's
of the Rebels playing Angry and some
so you can almost feel like you didn't miss it. Looks like a song, possibly from the upcoming album, called 'She Said No' was played!
New Forgotten Rebels Album!
Looks like things are shaping up for the new Forgotten Rebels album. Mickey posted May 12 on facebook that "About 1/2 the songs for the new Forgotten Rebels recording are written." and just recently that "the best Forgotten Rebels recording is yet to come!!!!!" The album is as of yet unnamed.
Forgotten Rebels in Another Documentary!
The documentary
is set for . This movie is a followup to the 1978 film
New Rebels Gig in May!
Rebels will be playing a gig in Ontario at 'Call The Office' on May 9, 2009! Get out there and show your support for the boys! Check out the
for more details.
Rebels Play the HMAs as part of Teenage Head Tribute!
Hope you got a chance to check out the Teenage Head Tribute on November 14, 2008 featuring The Forgotten Rebels, Gord Lewis, Steve Mahon, Jack Pedler with the opening act of Rackula. Check out the
for more details.
Forgotten Rebels Recording Live Album at Upcoming Gig!
I just got word that the Rebels are recording a live album at an upcoming show in Hamilton. I can only guess it's to be in conjunction with this year being the 30th Anniversary of the Forgotten Rebels! If you want to be part of history, make sure you make it to the show on
at the Casbah Lounge!
Forgotten Rebels part of Music Festival
Rebel will be playing on
as part of the SCENE Music Festival in St. Catharines, Ontario. Go for the Rebels and stay for the rest of the bands!
New Rebels Gig In July and Rebels Communities
There's a new
in July. Rebels will be playing at The Underground on July 6, 2007! Go out there and show your support for 30 years of Rebels.
I've added three new communities to the
page! Go check out the Rebels pages on ,
More Rebels Movie Showings!
Douglas Crawford's great documentary , featuring The Forgotten Rebels, will be screened in Phillipines, Ecuador, Poland, Italy soon. Check the movie's myspace page here:
for more information.
Happy 30th plus Two Rebels Gigs!
It was this year 30 years ago in 1977 that Mickey started the legendary punk band 'The Forgotten Rebels'. Thirty short years later they are far from 'Forgotten'. Happy 30th Birthday Forgotten Rebels!
Two upcoming
to start off 2007! There is one gig in London and one in Toronto for your listening and dancing enjoyment. Make sure you yell out "Happy 30th anniversary Rebels!" at
If you haven't checked out , you're missing out. Just about all the videos are up on there plus many rare and fan made videos.
Mickey DeSadest Solo Gig!
Mickey is playing at
- 41 Catharine St. N - Hamilton, Ontario - The Mickey DeSadist Show of The Forgotten Rebels. Mickey's solo 3 piece act with guests Lorrainas / Sam Lawrence 5. Tix $10: You get a wristband to other venues that night as this will be the Hamilton Muisc Awards weekend.
Additional Forgotten Rebels Documentary Screenings In Brazil!!
Douglas Crawford's great documentary , featuring The Forgotten Rebels, will be screened in Brazil on October 20, 21, 31.
More Forgotten Rebels Documentary Screenings!!
Douglas Crawford's great documentary , featuring The Forgotten Rebels, will be
in early November 2006 and further screenings will be in Toronto, New York, Vancouver, Switzerland, Austin Texas and Atlanta. Douglas is going to try to get Mickey to come out to the screening in Guelph so keep your eyes open! The film may be shown in conjunction with the Guelph International Film Festival.
Forgotten Rebels Documentary Screening In Manchester, UK!!
Douglas Crawford's great documentary , featuring The Forgotten Rebels, will be screened at the
'ComFEST will present the very best in world cinema with over 200 new features, shorts and documentaries from many of the 71 nations of the Commonwealth.'
"A Punk Safari from the First World to the Third: Punk music is probably the most political music movement with its confrontational frankness of expression and social and political relevance. The Punks are Alright profiles three punk bands from three parts of the world, Forgotten Rebels from Canada, Blind Pigs from Brazil and Superman Is Dead from Kuta in Bali. Connected through their music we get an insightful social commentary about young people’s perception about the world around them."
Forgotten Rebels Documentary Released!!
Douglas Crawford's documentary 'The Punks Are Alright', featuring The Forgotten Rebels, recently premiered at Jakarta International Film festival this past Dec 12 &amp 17 to two sold out screenings!
"Exploring human connection and the unifying power of music, the film begins its journey with the cult Canadian punk band The Forgotten Rebels, an indie institution that has been making catchy, offensive songs since 1977."
If you would like to host a screening of the movie please contact Douglas Crawford at .
Additional news stories on the documentary:
New Gig In February
February 18, 2006 -
- with the 3Tards and guests!
Mickey Wins for 'Best Punk Recording'!
On Thursday November 24, 2005 at the Hamilton Music Awards Mickey won the award for the 'Best Punk Recording' for his solo album 'Welcome To My Basement'! Congrats Mickey!
"FORGOTTEN REBELS: If there was a Hamilton Music Award for best-dressed musician, Mickey De Sadist would have won it. Unfortunately, he had to settle Sunday for the award for best punk recording (which he deserved, of course). If you missed Mickey at the award's show, you can see him with his band, The Forgotten Rebels, tomorrow night at the Undergroud (41 Catharine N.) with Britney's Krack (they're releasing a new CD, too). $15. Doors open at 9 p.m."
Two more gigs added!
November 26:
- 216 York Street London, Ontario - $14 advance / $15 door. show starts at 10:00
November 25:
- 41 Catharine St. N - Hamilton, Ontario - BRITNEY's KRACK CD Release, THE RESPONSIBLES, NON-PASSIVE RESISTANCE - Door: 8:30 / Show:9:15 - Tickets: Advance tickets at Casbah Lounge, Dr.Disc, Reigning Sound, Screamin' Mimi's and Sonic Unyon Store.
At some of the recent gigs at least three new songs have been played! "She Said Oh!", "Superfan", and one that nobody has determined the name of yet. Keep your ears open!
Gigs Gigs Gigs!!
at four different locations this fall!
October 15 -
Water St. Cambridge, Ontario
October 29 -
- Toronto, Ontario
End of November - Hamilton, Ontario (Exact date/place soon!)
End of November - London, Ontario (Exact date/place soon!)
Rebels In Echo Weekly!
with Mickey in this weeks
that all Rebel fans should check out! I have the
in case the original article is taken offline.
Also, you can see the
this Saturday at Fiddler's Green.
Saturday February 19, 2005
Fiddler's Green
12 Water St. Cambridge, ON
(519) 622-5270.
Doors open at 8.00pm
Playing with The Decay and The Rottn
OLDER NEWS COMING SOON

我要回帖

更多关于 like the last one 的文章

随机推荐