求翻译这几句话概括淹池之会,初一

HTTP/1.1 服务器太忙1、一个舞蹈演员每天需要大量的能量来跳舞。
A dancer needs_________________________________every
2、我们必须多锻炼成为一个健康人。
We must __________________________________________.
3、吃大量的蔬菜对我们的健康有好处。
Eating a lot of _____________________________________.
4、对我们来说学好英语很重要。
It’s very
important______________________________________.
5、丹尼尔早晨通常吃什么?
What does Daniel
_______________________________________?
6、你对食物了解多少?
How much do you _______________________________________?
7、我喜欢蔬菜因为它们对我有益。
I like vegetables
________________________________________.
8、这个玩具熊多少钱?
&&&& What’s___________________________________________?
9、我确信你能为你的朋友找到一些漂亮的发夹。
I’m sure you_____________________________________ your
10、我没有足够的时间等你。
I don’t have______________________________________.
11、她父母没有足够的钱供她上学。
Her parents _____________________________ send her to
12、去年的服装有打折。
________________________________________________.
13、对我们来说学会如何花零钱很重要。
It’s very
important________________________________________.
14、我们想为他们募集一些钱。
We’d like ________________________________________________.
15、我们将邀请他给我们作一个关于健康饮食的报告。
We’ll invite him
_________________________________________.
16、这部电影如此无聊以致我不想再看了。
This film is so boring that I
___________________________________.
17、我认为这条裤子不是全棉的。
I don’t think ______________________________________________.
18、我知道那只书包是真皮的。
I know that bag________________________________________.
19、我妈送给我一件连衣裙作为生日礼物。
My mother sent me a
______________________________________.
20、他们需要她帮助他们做家务。
They need her_____________________________housework.
21、对于每个人来说,健康是最重要的。
It’s the most important
_______________________________________.
22、该是你改变饮食和生活方式的时候了。
It’s time
__________________________________________________.
23、我能先试穿一下这件套头衫吗?
Could I ________________________________first?
24、这件外套是什么质地的?是棉的吗?
What _______________________? Is
________________________?
25、在那家服装店,你可以买到很多20世纪90年代的流行服装。
You can buy _________________________________ in that
clothes shop.
26、他们举办这场时装秀是为了给贫困地区的孩子们筹钱。
We give this fashion show
________________________________________.
27、他多久去看望一次他的祖父母?一个月三次。
How____________________________________?
_________________.
28、瞧!他正在付钱买那双色彩艳丽的运动鞋呢!
____________________________________________________.
29、我相信这条牛仔裤很合适你。
&I am sure that
_____________________________________________________.
30、请问,我能看一下那些随身听吗?
Excuse me,& _____________________________________________?
31、我们的英语老师要求我们每天花读20分钟英语。
Our English teacher asks us
_____________________________ every day.
32、他们在等哪路公共汽车?
_______________________________________________?
33、他今天有空,所以他有足够的时间去购物。
He is free today, so he ____________________________________.
34、我们应该为贫困地区的孩子们捐款。
We should _____________________________________________.
35、在这幢楼的顶楼你可以吃到来自不同国家的美食。
You can eat dilicious
food____________________________________the building?
36、那个警察让那些孩子不要在马路上踢足球。
That policeman asks those children____________________________.
37、这瓶橘汁我应该付多少钱?
How much should I
__________________________________________?
38、我想给我最好的朋友买一些电影碟片。
__________________________________________________.
39、Mary 在切生日蛋糕吗?不,她在许愿。
Is Mary_________________________?& No, she____________________.
40、我们的英语老师今天穿着一条黑色羊毛裙和红色长皮靴。
Our English teacher _______________________and a paie of
red long boots today.
41、吃不同种类的蔬菜对我们来说很重要。
It’s very
important___________________________________________.
42、你多久给你父母写一封信?
How __________________________________________________?
43、老师说学好英语很重要。
Our teacher says ____________________________________.
44、如果你想健康一点,你就必须少吃多运动。
If you want _______________,you
must___________________________.
45、我早饭通常吃点面包和果汁。
I usually ______________________________________
breakfast.
46、我每周去一次我爷爷家。
I go ______________________________________ a week.
47、躺在床上看书对我们的眼睛不好。
Reading in bed______________________________________.
48、跑步半小时后我一点也不觉得累。
I don’t&&
__________________________ after half an hour’s running.
49、你必须改变你的饮食习惯,因为你需要很多的能量。
You must change your diet _______________________________.
50、这件毛衣与他最爱的裤子搭配的很好。
This sweater____________________________________________.
51、这种类型的衣服打折吗?
__________________________this kind of clothes?
52、你可以吃到来自不同国家的不同食物。
You can eat_______________________________________
53、在Sunnyside 购物中心的五楼有一个电脑游戏中心。
_________________________________Sunnyside shopping
54、那位小朋友正在打110求助。
That child _____________________________________________.
55.我认为我们的校园生活丰富多彩。
&&& I think
_______________________________________________.
56.这个咖啡屋是一个与朋友们聊天的好地方。
This caffe____________________________________________
57、我认为白色可以与其它任何颜色搭配。
white_______________________________________.
58、他常不吃早饭就上学去了。
&& He often goes to
school______________________________________.
59、多吃水果对你健康有好处。
& Eating more fruit _______________________________________.
60、他花费他所有的空余时间坐在电脑前.
spends________________________________________the computer.
61.妈妈说白色使这件外套看起来干净。
& Mum says
white__________________________________________.
62.那个女孩正在试穿一双靴子。
& That girl ____________________________________________.
63.你要不要再来一块蛋糕?
&& Would you
_______________________________________?
64.你穿这件连衣裙很好看。
look______________________________________.
65.张英梳着20世纪90年代的发式。
& Zhang Ying
is____________________________________________.
66.你的英语作业进展如何?
& What’s_________________________________________?
67.他每晚睡觉不到八小时。
_____________________________________ every day.
68.这条围巾和领带都是丝绸的。
scarf________________________________________.
69.他常穿一件浅黄式的真丝衬衫。
often_________________________________________.
70.西湖的确是个可去的有趣的地方。
& The West Lake
is __________________________________.
71.你穿蓝色T恤看上去真酷。
&& You look
_________________________________________.
72.危险中的人们常打110请求帮助。
& The people in
danger________________________________.
73.现在我可以打开电视机吗?
& _________________________________________________now?
74.她的大衣与她的鞋子非常相配吗?
&& ________her
coat_________________________________?
75.他正在选择穿什么?
___________________________________________.
76.她的头发既不太长也不太短。
&& Her hair
is_______________________________________.
77.你需要几公斤大米?
______________________________________________?
78.我们每周吃水果和蔬菜多于三次。
eat________________________________________ a week.
79.那个女孩长大了,她再也不哭了。
&& That girl grows up. She
______________________________.
80.你每过多久去看望你祖父母?
& How ________________________________________________?
81.许多超市从上午8点到晚上九点营业。
supermarkets________________________________________.
82.你早上用多长时间读英语?
_________________________________________ in the morning?
83.桌上有一些鸡肉和2杯桔汁。
&There ________________________________________
on the table.
TA的推荐TA的最新馆藏[转]&[转]&[转]&
喜欢该文的人也喜欢当前位置: >>
句子翻译专项复习
贵阳市普通中学 2010――2011 学年度第一学期高二期末复习句子翻译专项复习 句子翻译专项复习2010.12 根据括号中的提示把下列句子译成英语。 1. 毫无疑问他是一位很有前途的画家。 (promising)2. 一方面, 我喜欢这桌子的颜色, 但另一方面, 我不喜欢它的形状。 the one hand ... o
n the other hand) (on3. 继续争辩下去没有意义了。(argue)4. 他们仔细地观察他们所感兴趣的东西。(observe)5. 他假装很勇敢,但结果是一个懦夫。( coward)6. 他们对沉溺于计算机游戏的年轻人感到很忧虑。 (be concerned with, be addicted to)7. 你能告诉我他住在哪儿吗?(inform)8. 他毫不费力地完成了这项任务。(without effort)9. 这家超市位于市中心。(be located)10. 十分之九被采访到的妇女都说她们喜欢这种产品。(out of)11. 中国和日本两国之间的战争于 1937 年爆发。(break out)12. 他的工作包括帮助独居的老人。(consist of)13. 昨天我收到妈妈写的第一封家书。(Past Participle as Attribute) 句子翻译专项复习 第1页 共6页 14. 就在那时,村民们叫人种了很多树。(have sth. done)15. 这个男孩被老师的话深深地打动了,所以做了很多事来帮助同班同学。(过去分词做原因状语)16. 空气对于我们而言正如水对鱼儿一样。(A is to B what C is to D)17. 历史上每一种伟大的文化都把人们对美的理解表达在艺术和建筑上。(express)18. 你将会发现这些建筑的设计、规划、建造的风格完全不同。(in different styles)19. 他们想让他们的建筑以一种看起来非自然的方式去建筑。(want, construct, unusual)20. 从顶部往下看, 体育馆看上去像盖着一张灰色的钢网, 像一个用树枝搭建的鸟窝。 (seen, as if, cover)21. 经理不在的时候,由我负责管理公司。(In the absence of)22. 尽管腿部被击中,他仍继续向敌人开枪。(过去分词作状语)23. 诗歌超出其他文学形式,它讲究的是音、词和语法。 (more than, play with)24. 诗歌还能唤起梦中世界所有色彩、感情、经历和各种奇妙的意象。 (call up)25. 读英语诗的同时也打开了你用汉语表达感情的新途径的大门。(open the doors to.)26. 我不知道你怎样帮助他做功课。(have no idea ...)27. 你可做任何你喜欢做的事情。(whatever)28. 我们是否继续做实验的问题已经解决了。(同位语从句) 句子翻译专项复习 第2页 共6页 29. 哪一支球队会赢还不确定。(certain)30. 这个班由二十六名学生组成,使所有的学生都非常高兴。(consist)31. 高中阶段的学习很有价值,好好利用时间学习吧。(of+ n.)32. 使我惊讶的是如此小的女孩小提琴拉得这样好。(surprise)33. 我们得记住山羊总是生活在山区这一事实。(同位语从句)34. 让她感到苦恼的是不知道怎样来改进教学工作。(trouble)35. 这次考试的时间和地点还没定下来。(It)36. 在她才三岁的时候,她的妈妈死于艾滋病。(die of)37. 这个女孩因为缺少钱不得不辍学。(lack of)38. 如果我们尽力帮助残疾人,他们遭受的痛苦就会少一些。(suffer)39. 报纸和杂志可以用来搜集情报。(collect information)40. 当他看到一个男孩在水中挣扎时,他跳进水里去救他。(save)41. 所有危险的东西都不能让孩子够着。(out of reach)42. 学习如何进行急救非常重要。(形式主语)43. 他说他对我所做的事情读感到满意。(satisfy)句子翻译专项复习第3页 共6页 44. 这个纪念碑是为了纪念白求恩。 (in honor of)45. 紧急情况下分秒必争,懂得应该做些什么可能意味着生死之差。(count)46. 台风看起来似乎就要来了。 (as if/though)47. 他曾在亚洲到处漂泊。 (knock about)48. 我们只有了解更多,才能改善环境。(be able to)49. 一次初衷为寻求知识的旅行现在需要的则是勇气了。( call for)50. 他很快便发现自己与新同事能和睦相处。(in harmony)51. 我看到一个白色的水柱如此之高以至于我都不相信我的眼睛。(a tower of water)52. 为了不丢掉工作,Tom 对这个事故保持沉默。(keep quiet about)53. 有人提醒我不要忘了我的诺言。(remind sb. of sth.)54. 不仅爱因斯坦所有的一切都被没收了,而且他的德国公民权也被剥夺了。(倒装句)55. 这些机器的使用将加快工作的速度。(speed up )56. 我父母并不同意我抽烟。(allow)57. 我看见公共汽车后面有空位,就径直走过去。(catch sight of)58. 由于缺少时间,我们也只能做这些。(lack of)句子翻译专项复习第4页 共6页 Keys to translations: 1. There is no doubt that he is promising painter. 2. On the one hand, I like the color of the table, but on the other hand, don’t like its shape. 3. There is no point in arguing further. 4. They carefully observe what they’re interested in. 5. He pretended to be brave but turned out(to be)a coward. 6. They are concerned with the young men who are addicted to computer games. 7. Can you inform me where he lives? 8. He finished the task without any effort. 9. This supermarket is located in the center of the city. 10. Nine out of ten women interviewed say they all like this product. 11. The war between China and Japan broke out in 1937. 12. His job consists of helping old people who live alone. 13. Yesterday, I received the first family letter written by my mother. 14. The villagers had many trees planted just then. 15. Greatly touched/ moved by his teacher’s words, the boy did a lot of things to help his classmates. 16. Air is to us what water is to fish. 17. Every great culture in the past had its own idea of beauty expressed in art and architecture. 18. You will find the architecture designed, planned and built in different styles. 19. They wanted their buildings constructed in a way to look unnatural. 20. Seen from the top ,it look as if the stadium is covered by a gray net of steel, and it looks just likes a bird’s nest made of tree branches. 21. In the absence of the manager, I will be in charge of the company. 22. Although shot in the leg ,he continued firing at the enemies. 23. More than any other form of literature, poetry plays with sounds, words and grammar. 24. Poetry also calls up all the colors, feelings, experiences and curious images of a dream world. 25. Reading poetry in English also opens the door to finding new ways of expressing yourself in Chinese. 26. I have no idea/don’t know how you can help him with his lessons. 27. You may do whatever you like. 28. The problem whether we should continue to do the experiment has been solved. 29. Which team will win the match is still not certain 句子翻译专项复习第5页 共6页 30. The class consists of twenty-six members, which excited all the children. 31. Studying in senior school is of great value. We must make the most of our time to learn. 32. What surprised me most was that such a little girl could play the violin so well. 33. We must remember the fact that goats usually live in the mountainous country. 34. Her trouble is that fact she doesn’t know how to improve her teaching work.. 35. It’s not yet decided when and where the test will be given. 36. When she was only three years old, her mother died of AIDS. 37. The young girl had to give up studying at school because of lack of money. 38. If we all do our best to help the disabled people,they will suffer less. 39. Newspapers and magazines can be used for collecting information. 40. When he saw a boy struggling in the water, he jumped into the lake to save him 41. Keep all the dangerous things out of the reach of children. 42. It is important to learn how to give first aid. 43. He told me that he was satisfied with whatever I had done. 44. The monument was built in honor of Dr Bethune. 45. Seconds count in an emergency, knowing what to do can mean the difference between life and death. and 46. It looks as if/though a typhoon is coming on. 47. He once knocked about all over Asia. 48. Not until we know more will we be able to improve the situation. 49. What started out as a trip for knowledge now called for courage? 50. He soon found himself in harmony with his new co-workers. 51. I saw a white tower of water, so high that I couldn’t believe my eyes. 52. Tom kept quiet about the accident in order not to lose his job. 53. I was reminded of my promise. 54. Not only was everything Einstein had taken away from him, but also his Germany citizenship. 55. The use of these machines will speed up your rate of work. 56. My parents don't allow me to smoke cigarettes. 57. I caught sight of an empty seat at the back of the bus and went directly there. 58. Because of lack of time, we cannot do more than what we have done.句子翻译专项复习第6页 共6页
2014 年中考英语专题练习 句子翻译(1) 1.根据中文补全句子 (一)(2013.湛江) 1.我们的教室和他们的一样大。 Our classroom is___ ___ theirs. 2.这个女孩...苏州2015年中考英语专题练习《句子翻译》_中考_初中教育_教育专区。2015 年中考英语专题练习《句子翻译》 1.我已经习惯于在网上购物而不是去商店。 2.那位女演员...7A+期末句子翻译专项复习_英语_初中教育_教育专区。7A 期末句子翻译
1.一杯水帮助我们很好的开始一天。 2.她对集邮感兴趣吗? 3.做早操使他觉得...英语句子翻译练习(附答案)_英语考试_外语学习_教育专区。句子翻译 (250 句) 决定一个人英语水平的不只是单词量,更重要的是句子量,永远追求句子量,互相比赛句子量...文言句子翻译专项复习(答案版)_语文_高中教育_教育专区。文言句子翻译专项复习 2012.11. 【考点聚焦】 《考试大纲》规定:考生须理解并翻译文中的句子,其能力层级...2015年中考总复习英语专项练习:翻译_汉译英_含详解答案_英语_初中教育_教育专区。中考复习汉译英专项练习翻译 根据所给提示完成下列句子。 1.让我们尽最大的努力...2014年中考英语专题练习 句子翻译(1)_英语_初中教育_教育专区 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档 2014年中考英语专题练习 句子翻译(1)_英语_初中教育_教育专区...2015年中考英语专题练习_句子翻译(1)8K_英语_初中教育_教育专区。2015 年英语中考复习之句子翻译 (一) 1.我们的教室和他们的一样大。 Our classroom is___ _...2015中考复习专题创新 完成句子或翻译句子_中考_初中教育_教育专区。中考复习专题 翻译句子导向一 考查重点句型 1.(改编)晚饭后为什么不去散步呢? ___ ___ __...翻译专项练习100句 (一)_英语考试_外语学习_教育专区 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档翻译专项练习100句 (一)_英语考试_外语学习_教育专区。翻译专项练习(一...
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。翻译句子35-第2页
上亿文档资料,等你来发现
翻译句子35-2
这个句子的含义很不明确,读者可能因此而产生误解;Certaininsectslivetheire;某些昆虫的成熟期仅一天或不到一天,但幼虫期却可长;GoodmanBrowncriedout,and;古德曼?布朗大吼一声,可是他却听不见自己的叫喊,;Darknessfell.Anexplosion;夜幕降临时,一声爆炸震动了大地,可并没动摇他上前;Wordsa
这个句子的含义很不明确,读者可能因此而产生误解。
Certain insects live their entire adult life in a day or less. In their immature form such insects may live a total of one to three years
某些昆虫的成熟期仅一天或不到一天,但幼虫期却可长达一至三年。
Goodman Brown cried out, and his cry was lost to his own ear by its unison with the cry of the desert
古德曼?布朗大吼一声,可是他却听不见自己的叫喊,因为他的声音和荒野的呼唤溶合在一起了。
Darkness fell. An explosion shook the earth. It did not shake his will to go to the front.
夜幕降临时,一声爆炸震动了大地,可并没动摇他上前线的决 心。
they are subtle and delicate in their different shades of meaning, and it is not easy to find the ones that express precisely what we want to say. (英语的)词汇十分丰富,意义差异很微妙,所以要找到能准确表达自我的词语不容易。
The young man was vety miserable. He had no money about him. All his saving had been stolen.
这个年轻人很惨,已经到了身无分文的地步,因为他所有的积蓄被窃了。
People are the same everywhere. They are born. They are babies. They are children. They are adults. They grow old. They die. 各地的人都是一样的。人们生下来都要经历从婴儿、儿童、成年人直至衰老死亡的各个人生阶段。
【省词译法】
Luguhu Lake is a natural freshwater lake located at the juncture of southwest China‘s
Yunnan and Sichuan Provinces, with an altitude at 2,680 meters above sea level and an average depth of 45 meters. It covers an area of 50 square km in which there are eight islands, 14 coves and a dyke, with green plants thriving on its banks.泸沽湖是一个天然内陆淡水湖, 位于滇西北云南与四川两省交界处, 面积50平方公里,海拔2680米, 平均水深45米,湖中有8岛14湾和1个海堤连岛, 湖岸植被葱郁, 青山环绕, 风光旖旎.
Any home appliance must be handled with care whether it is a TV set, a VCR or a microwave oven.
家电都需要轻拿轻放,不论是电视机,录像机还是微波炉。
The criminal was given a stiff sentence of fifteen years.那个罪犯被从严判处15年徒刑。
The policeman asked the driver to describe the accident in greater detail.警察要机把事故讲得更详细些
We do translation exercises twice a week..
我们每星期做两次翻译练习,
He said he was getting a dollar a mile
他说,他 (开车)每开一英里就赚一块钱。
He left without saying a word他一句话没说就走了
It was not until the middle of the 19th century that the film came into being. 直到 1C 世纪中叶电影才开始出 现。 It requires patience to do the job
做这件工作需要有耐性。
It is true that he went there.他去了那里是真的。
He took it upon himself to pay off the debt.
他自愿负责还清债务。
It is easy to learn English, but it is difficult to attain perfection in it.
英语易学难精。
It was necessary that the metal should melt at a low temperature
当时那种金属有必要在低温时熔化。
Hence, television signals have a short range.
因此,电视信号的传送距离很短。
This laser beam covers a very narrow range of frequencies. 这个激光束的频率范围很窄。
In most cases the soil near the surface is merely damp and is not completely saturated with water.
在大多数情况下,地表附近的土壤仅仅有些潮湿,但含水量并未完全饱和,
When the pressure gets low, the boiling point becomes low.
气压低,沸点就低,
These developing countries cover vast territories, encompass a large population and abound in natural resources.
这些发展中国家土地辽阔,人口众多,资源丰富。
All was cleared up some time later when news came from a distant place that an earthquake was felt the very day the little copper ball fell.过了些时候从远方传来了消息:在小铜球坠落的 当 天 ,确实发生了地震 。这--切终于得到了澄清。 When I try to understand what it is that prevents so many Americans from being as happy as one might expect, it seems to me that there are two causes, of which one goes much deeper than the other.
为什么如此众多的美国人不能如想象中那样幸福呢?我认为原因有二 ,而两者之间又有深浅之分 。
It had been a fine, golden autumn, a lovely farewell to those who would lose their youth, and some of them their lives, before the leaves turned again in a peacetime fall.那是个天气晴朗 、金黄可爱的秋天 。美好的秋色为那些青年们送别 待到战后和平时期 ,黄叶纷飞的秋天再度来临时 ,当 日的青年 已经失去了青春,有的丧失了 生命。
It is flattering to believe that they are too profound to be expressed so clearly that all who run may read, and very naturally it does not occur to such writers that the fault is with their own minds which have not the faculty of precise reflection. (W. S. Maugham: Lucidity, Simplicity, Euphony)认为自己的思想深奥,不可能表达得很清楚,任何人都能理解。这是一种虚荣的念头。这样的作家当然不会想到 ,问题还是出在 自 己脑子缺乏精确思考的能力。
It was what sentimentalists, who deal in very big words, call a yearning after the ideal, and simply means that women are not satisfied until they have husbands and children on whom they may centre affections, which are spent elsewhere, as it were, in small change. (W. Thackeray: Vanity Fair) 。一般情感主义者喜欢用大字眼 ,称之为对于理想爱情的渴望。换言之,他们认为女 人的情感平时只能零星发泄,必须有了丈夫和孩子 ,情感收聚起来有了归宿,自己才能得到满足 。 The many colors of a rainbow range from red on the outside to violet on the inside彩虹有多种颜色,外圈红内圈紫 。 He had a disconcerting habit of expressing contradictory ideas in rapid succession.
他有一种令人难堪的习惯 :一会儿一个看法 ,自相矛盾,变化无常。
This was an intelligently organized and fervent meeting in a packed Town Hall, with Mr. Strong in the chair.
这是- 次精心组织起来的会议。市政厅里济济一堂 ,热情洋溢,主持会议的是斯特朗先生
Power can be transmitted over a great distance with practically negligible loss if it is carried by an electric current.
电流可以把动力传送到很远的地方,其消耗几乎可以忽略不汁 。
The present onslaught of vehicles poses a serious threat to urban life and pedestrian peace of mind.
当前 ,车辆横冲直闯 ,严重地威胁着城市生活 。路上行人无不提心吊 胆 。
Change of information,if any, concerning the contents of this section will be found in the appendix at the end of this book. 本节内容如有更改 ,均见本书末附录
)She said, with perfect truth, that Dit must be delightful to have a brother,‖ and easily got the pity of tenderhearted Amelia, for being alone in the world, an orphan without friends or kindred. (DVanity Fair‖)她说道 ?&有个哥哥该多好啊,&这话说得入情入理。她没爹没娘,又没有亲友真是孤苦伶仟。软心肠的阿米莉亚听了,立刻觉得她可怜。
Her dark hair waved untidy across her forehead, her face was short, her upper lip short, showing a glint of teeth, her brows were straight and dark, her lashes long and dark, her nose straight.
她的黑发散乱地飘佛在(她的)宽阔的前额上,(她的)脸是短短的。(她的)上唇也是短短的,露出一排闪亮的牙齿,(她的)眉毛又直又黑,(她的)睫毛又长又黑,(她的)鼻子笔直。
A stick can be thrown far away, and the dog enjoys running after it, and searching for it until he finds it.
可以把一个棍子扔向远处,而乐于去追赶、寻找、直至把它找到。
He boasts that a slave is free the moment his feet touch British soil and he sells the children of the poor at six years of age to work under the lash in the factories for sixteen hours a day.他吹嘘说,任何奴隶一踏上英国 钝土地就获得自由 ,而他却出卖穷人家六岁的孩子到工厂干活 ,每天十六小时,受尽鞭打责骂 。
They would have had to live the rest of their lives under the stigma that they had recklessly precipitated an action which wrecked the Summit Conference and conceivably could have launched a nuclear war.他们恐怕免不了在有生之年要蒙受不洁之名,人们会说他们贸然采取行动,使最高级会议遭到搁浅,而且可以设想。还可能挑起了 一场核战争。
There is nothing more disappointing to a hostess who has gone to a lot of trouble or expense than to have her guest so interested in talking politics or business with her bus― band that he fails to notice the flavor of the coffee, the lightness of the cake, or the attractiveness of the house, which may be her chief interest and pride. (DWestern Manners‖) 最令女主人失望的是,她花了许多心神或费用来招待客人,可是这位客人只顾津津有味地与她的丈大谈政治、谈生意 ,却没注意到香喷喷的咖啡,松软的糕点 ,或房间 内讲究的陈设 ,而这些却 可能是她感到兴趣并引以自豪的主要所在。
Even in its blasted condition, with boards and sackings in most of the windows, with its thick dust and its bare room, with its cracked plaster and its damaged roofs, the hotel had been a new world, a breadth and dignity, full of adventure possibilities. (DBetrayed Spring‖ 这家旅馆 ,尽管被炸坏了,窗户大多钉上了木板,并堆上厂沙包,到处是厚厚的尘土,房间空空荡
荡,墙上的石灰也裂了,屋顶也坏 了 ,可总是一个宽阔庄严的新天地 ,值得去探索 。
University applicants who had worked at a job would receive preference over those who had not.
报考大学的人有工作经验的优先录取
Instead of one old woman knocking me about and starving me, everybody of all ages knocked me about and starved me. 那时打我并且使我挨饿的不只是一个老太婆,而是老老少少各式各样的人.
There was no snow, the leaves were gone from the trees, and the grass was dead.天未下雪, 却已叶落草枯.
Patients with influenza must be separated from the well lest the disease should spread from person to person.
流感病人必须与健康的人隔开,以免疾病传播。
85% of people polled recently had not a clue what is meant, although 53% of those polled said they thought it sounded pretty important.参加最近民意测验的人中有85%对此一无所知,虽然有53%的人说他们觉得这东西听起来相当重要。
UNICEF (United Nations International Children‘s Emergency Fund) would be in a position to meet more of the vast unsatisfied needs of children and young people if more resources were made available to it.
如果财源多一些的话,联合国儿童基金就会更多地满足儿童和青年人尚未满足的需要。
A motion has been made for a separate vote on paragraph 4 of the draft resolution which appears in paragraph 11 of the report. 有人提议,对该报告第11段的决议草案朽第4段进行单独表决.
We should be pleased to let you have samples to give a demonstration at your premises
能为您奉赠样品在贵厅展出我们甚感欣慰
We are looking forward with interest to your reply.我们带着极大的兴趣盼望贵方的答复。
Please make serious efforts to get the goods dispatched with the least possible delay.请速发货,勿误。
【增词译法】
The powder in place, he rammed a long iron rod to tamp down the charge. But the tamping-iron rubbed against the side of the shaft, and a spark ignited the powder.装上炸药之后,他把一根长长的铁棍伸进去,想把炸药捣实。不料,铁棍擦过洞壁时,迸出火星,点燃了炸药。
In addition to the traditional promise of quality, a strong brand also offers consumers at least some hope that complex new products made by the same company will work together. Firms ignore this hope at their peril. This is one reason why Sony, Apple and Samsung have all opened Dbrand showrooms‖ where customers are encouraged
to try out their wares. 除了传统的质量承诺外,一个强势品牌至少还向消费者提供了这样一种希望,即由同一家公司所生产的复杂新产品会相互兼容。那些忽视消费者的这一愿望的公司后果堪虞。这就是索尼、苹果及三星纷纷设立D品牌展示厅‖,鼓励消费者试用其产品的一个原因。
Bedell lay down in an old box filled with hay, his rifle and crutches beside him.
比德尔躺在一个装满干草的旧箱子里,他的步枪和拐杖就放在身边。
I remembered the fear and anger in the gunmen‘ s voices because Jeremy was being slow.
我记得由于杰罗米当时慢慢腾腾,歹徒的声音中流露出了恐惧和愤怒。
The quarrels of friends are the opportunities of foes.朋友间的不和,就是敌人进攻的机会
We have made some achievements, and we must guard against complacency. 我们取得了一些成就,但还要防止自满情绪 From the evaporation of water people know that liquids can turn into gases under certain condition.
人们从水的蒸发现象了解到,液体在一定条件下能变成气体。
He allowed the father to be overruled by the judge, and declared his own son guilty.
他让法官的职责战胜父子的私情,而判决他儿子有罪。
Many great writers were not appreciated fully while they were alive.
许多大作家的作品在他们活着的时候得不到人们的充分赏识
In this way she brings the ends of her life together with a terrifying rush: she is a girl, a wife, a mother, widow, all at once.
就这样,她急速地把自己一生中七零八碎的事儿像竹筒倒豆子一样全兜了底
她作姑娘时的事,作妻干时的事,作母亲时的事,守寡时的事,通通搅和在一起。
This new type of computer is indeed cheap and fine.这种新型计算机的确是价廉物美。
)He is a complicated man―moody, mercurial, with a melancholy streak.
他是一个性格复杂的人喜怒无常、反复多变,有些郁郁寡欢
Cowboys had to be skilful and strong. They had to be skilled horsemen and good gunmen.牛仔要身强艺高,能骑善射。 Their skin may be any shade of brown or black. Some are very small, others tall.
他们的肤色黑褐程度不同,有的身材矮小,有的身材高大。
Day after day he came to his work―sweeping, scrubbing, and cleaning.他每天来干活扫地、擦地板、收拾房间。
The advantages of the hall are bright, spacious, fashionable and without echo.
这个大厅有四大优点:明亮、宽敞、样式新颖、没有回声。
It is influenced by such considerations as the duration of his relationship with the patient, the age of the person dying, and the nature of the final disease. 这种反应受到下述诸种考虑因素的影响:他和患者之间相识时间的长短,垂死者的年龄,导致患者死亡的疾病等等。
To make sure that my parents understood, I declared that I wanted nothing else.
为了让父母切实了解我的心思,我特意宣布,别的我什么也不想要。
Time drops in decay, like a candle burnt out.时间一点一滴地逝去,犹如错烛慢慢燃尽。
A red sun rose slowly from the calm sea.一轮红日从平静的海面冉冉升起。
Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard, there‘s nothing you can do.
老年就像一架在暴风雨中穿行的飞机,一旦你上去了,一切都将无能为力。
All roads lead to Rome.条条大道通罗马。
Flowers bloom all over the yard.朵朵鲜花开满了庭院。
The lion is the king of animals.狮子是百兽之王。
The mountains began to throw their long blue shadows over the valley.群山开始向山谷投下一道道蔚蓝色的长影。
I had never thought I‘d be happy to find myself considered unimportant. But this time I was.
以前我从未想过,当我发觉人们认为我无足轻重时,我会感到高兴。但这次情况的确如此。
Christmas was coming. I wanted a pony. 圣诞节快到了,我想要一匹小马。
Man, was is and always will be trying to improving his living conditions.人类过去、现在而且将来总是在尽力改善生活条件。 I was, and remain, grateful for the part he played in my release.我的获释也有他的功劳。对此我过去很感激现在仍然很感激 We don‘t retreat, we never have (retreated) and never will (retreat).我们不后退,我们从没有后退过,将来也决不后退。 We talked of ourselves, of our prospects, of the journey, of the weather, of each other―of everything but our host and hostess. 我们谈到自己,谈到前途,谈到旅程,谈到天气,只是不谈我们的男女主人。
Better be wise by the defeat of others than by your own. ( = It is better to be wise by the defeat of others than to be wise by the defeat of your own. )从别人的失败中吸取教训比从自己的失败中吸取教训更好。
DNothing but a pony?‖ My father asked. DNothing,‖ I said.D除了小马什么也不要?‖ 爸爸问。&除了小马什么也不要&我说
DHow shall I do it?‖ ?Just as you wish.‖这事我怎么做好? D你想怎么做就怎么做。‖
The strongest man cannot alter the law of nature.即使是最强有力的人也不能改变自然则。
I am in charge of the depot, only I. People will hold me responsible but not you.
只有我一个人员责管理这个仓库,出了事情别人找我,找不到你。
Every family is said to have at least one skeleton in the cupboard.俗话说,衣柜里面藏有枯楼,见不得人的事家家有。 Advice and correction roll off him like water off a duck‘s back.劝导对他好像水过鸭背似的不起作用。
I.e Monde, the B. B. C. , the New York Ti,nes, the entire Arab press, all quote Heikal at length.
法国的《世界报》、英国广播公司、美国《纽约时报》以及整个阿拉拍报界,都经常大量引用海卡尔的话。
The blond boy quickly crossed himself.那个金发小男孩立刻在胸前划十字,祈求上帝保佑。
You must come back before nine. Period!你必须九点前回来。没什么商量的余地。
As I snooze she talks of anything, everything, all the things that women talk of:books, music, dress, men, and the other women. 我这边打着盹,她那里说着女人爱说的一切,什么书籍啦、音乐啦、服装啦、男人啦、别的女人啦五花八门包罗万象 But there had been too much publicity about my case.但我的事现在已经搞得满城风雨,人人皆知了。
Her room is always kept clean and tidy though she is busy all day.
尽管她整天忙忙碌碌她的房间却保持得干干净净整整齐齐
Tom Canty, born in rags and dirt and misery, what sight is this! (Mark Twain: The Prince and the Pauper)
汤姆?康第原来生在可怜巴巴的人家,穿得破破烂烂,一身 邋里邋遢,现在换了这身装束,啊,是何等气派!
She felt the flowers were in her fingers, on her lips, growing in her breast.
她觉得她好像手里拿着花,嘴里吻着花,连胸中也生出了花。
【词类转译】
The most sensible people to be met with in society are men of business
and of the world, who argue from what they see and know, instead of spinning cobweb distinctions of what things ought to be.Women have often more of what is called good sense than men. They ha are less im and judge of objects more from their immediate and involuntary impression on the mind, and , therefore, more truly and naturally.They for they do not reason at all .They do not thand they have in general more eloquence and wit as well as sense, on that account. By their wit, sense, and eloquence together, they generally contrive to govern their husbands. Their style, when they write to their friends, is better than that of most authors. Uneducated people have most exuberance of invention.
商人和见过世面的人是我们在社会上能见到的最通达事理的人。他们讨论问题时从自己的所知所见出发,而不纠缠于事物的是非曲直。和男人相比,女人通常有更好的所谓直觉。她们很少自命不凡;她们也不太纠缠于理论;她们判断事物更多地是从头脑中下意识的第一印象出发,因此她们的判断也就更真实和自然。她们不可能有推理错误,因为她们根本就不推理。她们思考或讲话时也不遵循什么规则;也正是因为如此,她们更善辩, 更机敏,直觉更好。集机敏、善辩与出色的直觉于一身,一般来说她们都有办法左右自己的丈夫。她们在写给朋友的书信里所表现出来的风格比多数作家还要好。没有上过多少学的人最有办法。
with his son, the old man was the forgiver of the young man‘s past wrongdoings.
在和儿子谈话时,老人宽恕了年轻人过去做的错事
Lincoln was a good speaker and student of political
philosophy.林肯擅长演说,又刻苦学习政治哲学。
A clear sign of the new attitude is the Viking missions to Mars, which are to a significant extent dedicated to the search for life on another planet. But along with the burgeoning dedication to a serious search, a slightly negative note has emerged which is nevertheless very interesting.D海盗‖号火星探测器的发射(其很大程度上是用来搜索另一颗行星上的生命的)就清楚地表明了这种新的态度. 不过, 随着人们倾注越来越多的精力进行认真搜索的时候, 却出现了一种有点反对但又是十分有趣的论调.
Aggression took many forms: the unilateral
denunciation of treaties and international
commitments, interference in the internal affairs of other states, the use of threats against weaker neighbors, the imposition of unequal relationships, outright armed attack against the territories of other states and their dismemberment, the subjugation of colonial peoples
and the denial of the right of self-determination and fundamental human rights.
侵略有许多形式:单方面废除条约与国际义务, 干涉别国内政, 对较弱邻国实施威胁, 强迫实行不平等关系, 赤裸裸武装进攻别国领土和肢解别国, 征服殖民地民族, 否认自决权和基本人权。
The victory of justice over arbitrary acts, of reason over decadence and blindness, of democracy over imperialism, of good over evil, our victory of 25 October will represent one of the glorious pages of our history.
正义战胜了专断行为, 理智战胜了堕落和盲目 ,民主战胜了帝国注意, 善战胜了恶
The sight and sound of our jet planes filled me with special longing.看到我们的喷气式飞机,听见隆隆的机声令我特别神往。
A glance though his office window offers a panoramic view of the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial.
从他的办公室窗口可以一眼看到华盛顿纪念碑和林肯纪念馆的全景。
We also realized the growing need and necessity to industrialize certain sectors of the economy.
我们也认识到越来越需要使某些经济部门工业化。
There is big
increase in demand for all kinds of consumer goods in every part of our country.
目前,我国各地以各种消费品的需求量已大大增加。
I‘m afraid I can‘t teach you swimming. I think My little brother is a better teacher than I.
我未必会教你游泳。我想我的小弟弟比我教的好。 (8)She is a well-know singer.她是一位著名的歌唱家。
三亿文库包含各类专业文献、高等教育、中学教育、行业资料、幼儿教育、小学教育、外语学习资料、专业论文、翻译句子35等内容。 
 二、翻译句子 21?我认为数码相机总有一天会替代传统相机。(substitute) 22?二十年前没人能预料到上海的家庭会普及空调。(popular) 23?越来越多的人希望在假期...  初一英语翻译句子_初一英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档 初一英语翻译句子_初一英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。 ...  中考句子翻译经典100句_英语_初中教育_教育专区。这是对参加中考学生非常有价值的句子翻译,它们涵盖了初中必须掌握的句型,语法,常用词汇,是考试经常出现的翻译句子。...  大学英语3翻译句子 4页 10财富值 大学英语三句子翻译 2页 1财富值如要投诉违规内容,请到百度文库投诉中心;如要提出功能问题或意见建议,请点击此处进行反馈。 ...  翻译句子_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。Unit10 1.我决心要去参军,什么也拦不住我(be determined to do) I was determind to join army,nothing can stop me...  《史记选读》重点句子翻译_语文_高中教育_教育专区。《史记》选读翻译《高祖本纪》 1、常有大度,不事家人生产作业。 (高祖)常有远大的抱负,不做普通百姓所从事...  翻译句子(中译英)_英语考试_外语学习_教育专区。大学英语综合教程(第二版)第二单元翻译句子 Unit1(中译英) 1.我们的计算机系统出了毛病,但我觉得问题比较小。...  初一英语翻译句子专项练习_初一英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。初一英语翻译句子专项练习初一英语专项训练之翻译训练 1 你经常和丹尼尔步行走路回家吗? __ ___ you...  译文:In that city,we had never suffered discrimination because we were Jews.(否定转移) 二、 分句、合句法 很多情况下,翻译句子的时候,需要调整原来的句子...

我要回帖

更多关于 求职意向几句话的简单 的文章

随机推荐