The first thing wheneshould do isto get somethingeat

To make new friends, the first thing you need to do is to meet up with new people, this should be quite , as your neighborhood should have a club, school or some other small organizations.Go there and 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
To make new friends, the first thing you need to do is to meet up with new people, this should be quite &&&&&, as your neighborhood should have a club, school or some other small organizations.Go there and talk to people. &&&&&&you get into a social circle or group, making friends is not hard at all.Look easygoing. You needn’t&&&&&&in fancy clothes or wear loud make-ups to attract people. Make eye &&&&&& don’t look too nervous and listen to what others have to say.Accept people the way they are. Nobody is &&&&&; you are not either. Everyone has faults and the way to make friends is by looking at the positive aspects of people. In case you don’t like someone’s behavior, it is better to &&&&&&them than to create a rivalry (对抗).Don’t forget old friends. If they have moved away or if you have moved away, be in &&&&&&through phone calls and emails. Don’t leave old friends for the sake of new ones.小题1:A.embarrassingB.availableC.amazing D.simple小题2:A.OnceB.AlthoughC.WhileD.Since小题3:A.try on B.dress upC.put on D.have on小题4:A.contact B.movementC.controlD.connection小题5:A.intelligent B.organizedC.fluentD.perfect小题6:A.avoid B.abandon C.botherD.blame小题7:A.needB.touchC.troubleD.danger
小题1:D小题2:A小题3:B小题4:A小题5:D小题6:A小题7:B试题分析:此文介绍了一些如何交朋友的方法。比如,要多接触人;要主动和别人进行交流;不要过分打扮来达到吸引人的目的,要表现的随和,要和别人有目光的接触,而且要面带微笑,要善于倾听;此外,作者还提醒人们,人无完人,不要对别人过分挑剔等。小题1:D形容词辨析。A. 困窘的;B. 空闲的;C. 令人吃惊的; D. 简单的。根据后文解释的原因as your neighborhood should have a club, school or some other small organizations.可以判断此处强调这种做法是非常简单的,答案选D。小题2:A连词辨析。A.曾经;B.虽然;& C.同时;D. 自从。从前后句的意思判断此处是一种假设,所以用once。句意:一旦你进入了一个社会圈子或者团体,那么交朋友就一点也不难了。小题3:B动词短语辨析。 A. 试穿;B. 打扮;C.穿;D. 穿着。根据空后面的in fancy clothes可以判断此处指打扮,dress up in“打扮,穿戴”,而put on “穿上”则强调动作,答案选B。小题4:A名词辨析。&A. 接触;B. 移动; C. 控制;D. 连接。由搭配可知make eye contact“进行眼神交流;保持目光接触”,答案选A。小题5:D形容词辨析。A. 聪明的;B. 有组织的;C. 流畅的;D. 完美的。从下文Everyone has faults可知此处作者提醒人们:人无完人,每个人都会有缺点,所以答案选D。小题6:A动词辨析。A. 避免&;B. 抛弃;C.打扰;D. 责备。根据语境可知对于不喜欢的人,可以尽量不去接触,而不要与之抗衡,对抗,答案选A。小题7:B名词辨析。A. 需要;B.接触; C. 麻烦; D. 危险。此条建议是Don’t forget old friends,be in touch“保持联系”;be in need“需要”;be in trouble“处于困境”;be in danger “处于危险中”,由此可知答案选B。
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
My day began on a definitely sour note when I saw my six-year-old wrestling with a limb of my azalea(杜鹃花)bush. By the time I got outside, he’d broken it. “Can I take this to school today?” he asked. With a wave of my hand, I sent him off. I turned my back so he wouldn’t see the tears gathering in my eyes.The washing machine had leaked on my brand-new linoleum. If only my husband had just taken the time to fix it the night before when I asked him instead of playing checkers with Jonathan.It was days like this that made me want to quit. I just wanted to drive up to the mountains, hide in a cave, and never come out.Somehow I spent most of the day washing and drying clothes and thinking how love had disappeared from my life. As I finished hanging up the last of my husband’s shirts, I looked at the clock. 2:30. I was late. Jonathan’s class let out at 2:15 and I hurriedly drove to the school.I was out of breath by the time I knocked on the teacher’s door and peered through the glass. She rustled through the door and took me aside. “I want to talk to you about Jonathan,” she said.I prepared myself for the worst. Nothing would have surprised me. “Did you know Jonathan brought flowers to school today?” she asked. I nodded, thinking about my favorite bush and trying to hide the hurt in my eyes. “Let me tell you about yesterday,” the teacher insisted. “See that little girl?” I watched the bright-eyed child laugh and point to a colorful picture taped to the wall. I nodded.“Well, yesterday she was almost hysterical. Her mother and father are going through a nasty divorce. She told me she didn’t want to live, she wished she could die. I watched that little girl bury her face in her hands and say loud enough for the class to hear, ‘Nobody loves me.’ I did all I could to comfort her, but it only seemed to make matters worse.” “I thought you wanted to talk to me about Jonathan,” I said.“I do,” she said, touching the sleeve of my blouse. “Today your son walked straight over to that child. I watched him hand her some pretty pink flowers and whisper, ‘I love you.’“I felt my heart swell with pride for what my son had done. I smiled at the teacher. “Thank you,” I said, reaching for Jonathan’s hand, “you’ve made my day.”Later that evening, I began pulling weeds from around my azalea bush. As my mind wandered back to the love Jonathan showed the little girl, a biblical verse came to me: “...these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” While my son had put love into practice, I had only felt anger.I heard the familiar squeak of my husband’s brakes as he pulled into the drive. I snapped a small limb bristling with hot pink azaleas off the bush. I felt the seed of love that God planted in my family beginning to bloom once again in me. My husband’s eyes widened in surprise as I handed him the flowers. “I love you,” I said.小题1:Why did the woman cry when seeing her son had broken the azalea bush?A.Because she could not tolerate the harm to it.B.Because it made her bad mood even worse.C.Because her son did not ask her for permission.D.Because she wanted to hand it to her husband.小题2:The writer wanted to hide in the mountain cave probably for the reason of &&&&&&&&.A.feeling fed up with her endless daily houseworkB.her husband’s failing to fix the machine in timeC.boring daily routine with a feeling of lack of loveD.her hoping to seek happiness in a brand new place小题3:We can infer from the passage that the writer expressed love to her husband in that &&&&&&&&.A.she was inspired by her son that love was supposed to be felt and practicedB.she felt guilty that she misunderstood her husband and wanted to apologizeC.she felt it necessary to have a complete family for the happiness of herselfD.she wanted to prove her love and expected the same words from her husband
When he was just 19, Michael Dell started the company that would dominate the industry.At the time, IBM personal computers sold in stores for about $3,000. After taking them apart and rebuilding them, Dell realized the components (零部件) could be bought for one-fourth the price. Soon he was buying components to reduce the cost. A good business decision, but it meant his room was starting to look like a mechanic’s shop.“I was quite excited about the possibilities for personal computers and how they could change society. I had this idea to sell the products directly to the users over the phone”, he said. College plans and his parents’ expectations bothered him a lot. But Michael Dell was determined. He drove off to the University of Texas at Austin in August 1983 in a car he’d bought with earnings from selling newspapers. He was surprised that his mother wasn’t suspicious about the three computers in the backseat. By November, news reached his parents that he wasn’t attending classes. On a surprise visit to Austin, they caught their son on spot. Michael Dell told his dad that he wanted to compete with IBM.Although Michael agreed to focus on his studies, the business chances and the timing couldn’t have been better. The public was becoming more interested in computers, but no one was producing them. In early May, a week before his final exams, Michael started Dell computer Corporation with $1,000. He took his exams, and then dropped out of college at the end of his freshman year. It was time to try out his direct-to-customer business model.“Three years later”, Dell says, “we had already achieved annual sales of about $150 million, I was 22 years old then.”小题1:What does the underlined word in paragraph 1 mean?A.affectB.developC.supportD.lead小题2:Which of the following is true according to paragraph 2?A.Dell discovered a good chance to make moneyB.Dell could buy a computer at one-fourth the priceC.IBM made little money from personal computersD.Dell rebuilt computers in a mechanic’s shop小题3:When Dell’s parents learned about his absence from class, they &&&&&&. A.tried to help with his businessB.were too suspicious to accept itC.wanted him to go hack to classD.encouraged him to compete with IBM小题4:It can be inferred from the article that &&&&&&. A.Dell was tired of his college lifeB.Dell was not devoted to his study at collegeC.Dell’s college life helped him greatlyD.Dell didn’t finish his final exams小题5:Dell’s experiences show that &&&&&&. A.determination and opportunity lead to successB.family support plays an import in one’s successC.there’s no need for all of us to go to collegeD.we should insist on whatever we are doing
Mr. Peter Johnson, aged twenty-three, battled for half an hour to escape from his trapped car yesterday when it landed upside down in three feet of water. He took the only escape route—through the boot. Mr. Johnson’s car had ended up in a ditch at Romney Marsin, Kent after he lost proper control on ice and hit a bank. “Fortunately, the water began to come in only slowly,” Mr. Johnson said. “I couldn’t force the doors open because they were jammed against the walls of the ditch and dared not open the windows because I knew water would come flooding in.” Mr. Johnson, a sweet salesman of Sitting Home, Kent, first tried to attract the attention of other motorists by sounding the horn and hammering on the roof and boot. Then he began his struggle to escape. Later he said, “It was really a half penny that saved my life. It was the only coin I had in my pocket and I used it to unscrew the back seat to get into the boot. I hammered desperately with a hammer trying to make someone hear, but no help came.” It took ten minutes to unscrew the seat, and a further five minutes to clear the sweet samples from the boot. Then Mr. Johnson found a wrench (扳手) and began to work on the boot lock. Fifteen minutes passed by. “It was the only chance I had. Finally it gave, but as soon as I moved the boot lid, the water and mud poured in. I forced the lid down into the mud and climbed up clear as the car filled up.” His hands and arms cut and bruised, Mr. Johnson got to Beckett Farm nearby. Huddled in a blanket, he said, “That thirty minutes seemed like hours.” Only the tips of the car wheels were visible, police said last night. The vehicle had sunk into two feet of mud at the bottom of the ditch. 小题1:Which of the following objects is the most important to Mr. Johnson?A.The hammer.B.The coin. C.The seat. D.The horn.小题2:We know from the passage that ______.A.Mr. Johnson’s car stood on its boot as it fell downB.Mr. Johnson’s car accident was partly due to the slippery roadC.Mr. Johnson struggled in the pouring mud as he unscrewed the back seatD.Mr. Johnson could not escape from the door because it was full of sweet jam小题3:“Finally it gave” in Paragraph 5 means that ______.&A.at last the wrench went brokenB.the chance was lost at the last minuteC.the lock came open after all his efforts D.luckily the door was torn away in the end小题4:What is the best title for this newspaper article?A.Driver Escapes through Car Boot B.The Story of Mr. Johnson, a Sweet SalesmanC.The Driver Survived a Terrible Car AccidentD.Car Boot Can Serve as the Best Escape Route
题型:完形填空
One young person, who was well educated, went for a job as a manager in a big company. The president did the final &&&. He discovered the youth was &&&and felt satisfied. Then the president asked who paid for his school fees. The youth answered, “My mother did it. She worked as a clothes &&.” The president requested the youth to &&&his hands. So the youth did. They were smooth. Then he asked, “Have you ever &&&&&your mother wash the clothes before?” The youth answered, “Never, my mother always wanted me to &&&&.”“Go and clean your mother’s &&&&&when you go back today, and then &&&&&me tomorrow morning,” the president said &&&&.The youth felt his chance of getting the job was high, so when he went back, he &&&requested his mother to let him clean her hands. However, his tears fell &&&he cleaned his mother’s hands slowly. It was the first time he had &&&&&that his mother’s hands were so wrinkled (布满皱纹的). After that, the youth didn’t say a word and washed all the remaining clothes for his mother &&&. That night, Mother and Son &&&for a very long time, longer than any talk before.
The next &&&, the youth went to the president’s office. The president noticed the tears in the youth’s eyes and asked: “Please tell me how you &&&about helping your mother.” The youth said, “Number One, I know now what &&&is. Without my mother, I wouldn’t be successful today. Number Two, by helping my mother, I realize how &&&it is to get something done. Number Three, I’ve come to realize the &&&of family relationship.” The president said, “You are &&&&. This is what I’m looking for to be my manager.” 小题1:A.electionB.testC.interviewD.competition小题2:A.strongB.excellentC.humorous D.cute小题3:A.makerB.cleanerC.menderD.seller小题4:A.washB.hideC.show D.dry小题5:A.foundB.letC.helpedD.watched小题6:A.studyB.ignoreC.work D.rest小题7:A.clothes B.handsC.feetD.shoes小题8:A.seeB.move C.recognizeD.answer小题9:A.on purposeB.in patienceC.by chanceD.at last小题10:A.carefullyB.nervouslyC.happilyD.shyly小题11:A.afterB.untilC.becauseD.as小题12:A.believedB.sensedC.noticedD.expected小题13:A.quietlyB.sadly C.excitedlyD.angrily小题14:A.thoughtB.sleptC.satD.talked小题15:A.morningB.noon C.afternoonD.evening小题16:A.worriedB.felt C.broughtD.spoke小题17:A.courageB.appreciationC.successD.family小题18:A.importantB.difficultC.differentD.impossible小题19:A.valueB.secretC.type D.change小题20:A.educatedB.respectedC.trusted D.hired
We live in College Station, Texas and we were on our way home from Houston, Texas around the Weston Lakes area one Saturday or Sunday morning. And when I say morning, I'm talking 1:00 to 2:00 in the morning. We were on our way home and decided to stop at a local gas station to get coffee and something to snack on since it was a good hour and a half before we got home.When we were done, we got back into our car and before I started it, we noticed a man standing outside in front of the building. You could tell that he was a homeless man. His clothes were worn and it looked like he had gone in and gotten him some coffee or something warm to drink since it was cold this time of the year. He couldn’t have had enough money to get something to eat. That is not something I remember too well, because that is not what "moved" me.The next thing I remember is a dog that walked up to the front of the building. Being a dog lover, I noticed that she was part wolf and probably part German shepherd. I could tell she was a she, because you could tell that she had been feeding puppies. She was terribly in need of something to eat and I felt so bad for her. I knew if she didn't eat soon, she and her puppies would not make it.I and my wife sat there and looked at her. We noticed that people walked by and didn't even pet her, like most people do when they walk by an animal in front of a store. She might not have been as pretty and clean as most, but she still deserved better. But we still did not do anything. But someone did. The homeless man, who I thought did not buy himself anything to eat, went back into the store. And what he did brought tears to me and my wife. He had gone into the store and with what money he may have had, bought a can of dog food and fed that dog.I know that this story isn't as inspirational as most stories, but it plays a great part in our lives. You see, that was Mother's Day weekend. And a lot of people forget that some animals are parents too. 小题1:From the passage we can know that _______.A.the author didn't like dogsB.the dog was not pretty enough to be loved C.the dog and her puppies were in danger of dying of hunger D.the author wanted to help the dog but he was unable to小题2:What moved the author and his wife to tears?A.That the man bought food for the dog. B.That the dog and her puppies could make it in cold weather.C.That the man got himself some coffee or something warm to drinkD.That people walked by and didn't even notice the dog.小题3:According to the passage, we know that the homeless man was _______.A.poor and hopelessB.brave and caringC.friendly and cleverD.sympathetic and helpful小题4:The best title for this passage would be _______.A.An inspirationalstoryB.Animals Are Parents Too C.A Homeless ManD.A Mother Dog and Her Puppies
At the beginning of my 8:00 a.m.class one Monday at University of Nevada,Las Vegas(UNLV),I cheerfully asked my students&&&&their weekend had been.“Not been very good”,one young man said.He'd had his wisdom teeth &&&&&.The young man then went on to ask me why I&&&seemed to be so cheerful.His question reminded me of&&&&I′d read somewhere before:”Every morning when you get up,you have a&&&&&about how you want to approach life that day”,I said.“I choose to be cheerful”.“Let me give you an&&&&”,I continued.The other 60 students in the class&&&&&their chatter and began to listen.one day,my car died on the way.I called AAA and asked them to send a&&&&&.The secretary in the Provost’S office asked me what had happened.”This is my&&&&&&day”, I replied,smiling.”Your Car&&&&&&and today is your lucky day?”She Was&&&&&&.”What do you mean?”“I live 17 miles from here”,I replied.”My car&&&&have gone wrong anywhere along the freeway.It didn’t.Instead,it went wrong in the&&&&&&place:off the freeway,within walking distance of here.I’m &&&&able to teach my class,and I’ve been able to arrange for the tow truck to&&&&me after class.”The secretary’s eyes opened wide,and then she smiled. I scanned the 60 faces in the lecture hall.&&&&the early hour,no one seemed to be asleep.Somehow,my story had&&&&them.Or maybe it Wasn’t the story&&&&.It had all started with a student's&&&&&&that I Was cheerful.A wise mail once said:”Who you are&&&&&louder to me than anything you can say”.I suppose it must& be so.小题1:A.howB.whatC.whetherD.where小题2:A.pulledB.broughtC.takenD.removed小题3:A.seldomB.alwaysC.occasionallyD.ever小题4:A.somethingB.nothingC.anythingD.everything小题5:A.decisionB.chanceC.choiceD.destination小题6:A.excuseB.explanationC.instruction  D.example小题7:A.stoppedB.interruptedC.disturbed  D.prevented小题8:A.truckB.tractorC.secretary  D.policeman小题9:A.strangeB.terribleC.lucky  D.pleasant小题10:A.cuts upB.breaks upC.breaks downD.tears down小题11:A.cheerfulB.doubtfulC.puzzled  D.worried小题12:A.couldB.mustC.should  D.would小题13:A.wrongB.properC.perfect  D.smooth小题14:A.thus  B.stillC.hardly  D.even小题15:A.pick  B.sendC.meet  D.visit小题16:A.DespiteB.AlthoughC.Since  D.Though小题17:A.taughtB.touchedC.educated D.excited小题18:A.after all B.in allC.above all D.at all小题19:A.motivationB.inspirationC.observation D.appreciation小题20:A.says B.speaksC.talks D.tells
Michel is a young girl who works for the police ____ a handwriting expert. She has helped ____ many criminals (罪犯) by using her special talents.   When she was fourteen, Michel was already &____ interested in the differences in her friends' &____ that she would spend hours& ____ them. After &____ college she went to France for a &____ two-year class in handwriting at the School of Police Science.   Michel says that it is &____ for people to hide their handwriting. She can discover &____ of what she needs to know simply &____ looking at the writing with her own eyes, &____ she also has machines& ____ help her make &____ different kinds of paper and ink. This knowledge is often &____ great help to the police.
Michel believes that handwriting is a good &____ of what kind of person the &____ is. "I wouldn't go out with a fellow &____ I didn't like his handwriting." She says. But she &____ she fell in love with her future husband, a young policeman &____ she studied his handwriting. It is later proved to be &____, however. 小题1:A.with B.by C.likeD.as小题2:A.searchB.follow C.catch D.judge小题3:A.soB.too C.quite D.extra小题4:A.booksB.letterC.tongues D.handwriting小题5:A.writingB.studyingC.settling D.uncovering小题6:A.attendingB.finishing C.starting D.stepping into小题7:A.powerfulB.naturalC.specialD.common小题8:A.mainB.safe C.easy D.impossible小题9:A.mostB.nothingC.little D.sight小题10:A.withB.by C.ofD.about小题11:A.soB.forC.thus D.but小题12:A.theyB.in whichC.that D.those小题13:A.up B.outC.for D.into小题14:A.ofB.toC.with D.for小题15:A.testB.signC.means D.habit小题16:A.thiefB.criminalC.writer D.policeman小题17:A.whetherB.unlessC.if D.after小题18:A.adds B.tellsC.repeats D.cries小题19:A.before B.afterC.shyly D.and小题20:A.necessaryB.all rightC.important D.quite easy
I arrived late one night on a business trip, so I decided to have dinner in the hotel I stayed in. As I was finishing my meal, an elderly couple came in. They were holding hands and had lovely smiles on their faces. They sat three tables from me. I was amazed at the love they showed for each other. It stuck me because it was shortly after ending a 20-year marriage and I still had pain in my heart. My waiter was also their waiter. As I paid my bill, I asked what their bill was. He told me, and I gave him $40 to pay their bill. He asked if I knew them and I told him “No, I just wanted to repay them for the love that they were showing to each other,” and then I left.
The next day I entered the restaurant again. After I had been seated, the waiter who served me the night before told me that the strangest thing happened after I left the restaurant. When the elderly couple went to pay for their meal, they were told that it had been paid. The waiter just told them what I said. They were amazed. They looked around, asked for the bill of two young couples who were seated together, paid their bill and left.
I smiled and ordered my meal. About 45 minutes later, I finished my meal and was about to head out, but my waiter was nowhere to be found. I explained to the hostess that I needed to pay for my meal and hurry to the airport. She smiled and explained that I would not have to pay, because she felt she should pay for my bill because of the joy brought to the faces of the elderly couple and the amazement of the young couples.
When I told her that they didn’t have to do that, she said with a smile “Love creates Love.”小题1:From the first paragraph we know the writer must feel __________. A.pleased B.worried C.sad D.nervous小题2:The elderly couple paid the bill of the two young couples because they __________. A.knew the two young couples B.were happy to pass the love they got C.were always ready to help poor peopleD.wanted to invite the young people to the meal小题3:The writer’s purpose of writing the passage is to __________.A.suggest true love never diesB.share an interesting experienceC.encourage us to help people in needD.prove a show of love really makes a difference
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 fence out something 的文章

随机推荐