Do not go with leave, leave withno way about啥意思

I’m sorry, but I don’t think I know you. 很抱歉.我想我不认识你.[解析1]I’m sorry, but- 是一个句型.用来表达适度的遗憾或道歉.翻译时bu——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
I’m sorry, but I don’t think I know you. 很抱歉.我想我不认识你.[解析1]I’m sorry, but- 是一个句型.用来表达适度的遗憾或道歉.翻译时but不用翻译. 例如:―Could you please mail this letter for me? ―― 你能代我寄这封信吗? ―I’m sorry, but I’m not going to the post office. ――对不起.我不去邮局.[解析2]当主句的谓语动词为think, expect, suppose, be-lieve, imagine等词的否定时.后面的宾语从句的谓语动词用肯定式.例1:I don’t believe you are right. 我认为你不对.例2:I don’t suppose I can come back before nine o’clock. 我想我九点以前是回不来了.另外.还要注意以上这类句子反意问句的构成.当句子的主语为第一人称时.后面的问句根据从句来定.如果主句的主语为第一人称以外的人称时.则随主句而定.孙例1:We don’t think it will rain this afternoon, will it? 我想今天下午不会雨.是吗?例2:He doesn’t suppose we’ll win, does he? 他认为我们不会赢.对吗? 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
.–Why do you make me do so? –I’m sorry but you _____ do such a thing. A. would B. can&&&& C. should D. may
Tess was eight years old. Her little brother Andrew was very sick and their parents were completely out of money. She heard Daddy say to her tearful Mother, “Only a miracle can save him now.” Tess took her money and made her way six blocks to Rexall’s Drug Store. “And what do you want?” the chemist asked in an annoyed tone of voice. “I’m talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven’t seen for ages.” “Well, I want to talk to you about my brother,” Tess answered back in the same annoyed tone. “He’s really sick. He has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?” “We don’t sell miracles here, little girl. I’m sorry but I can’t help you,” the chemist said, softening a little. “Listen, I can help you.” The chemist’s brother was a well-dressed man. He asked Tess, “What kind of miracle does your brother need?” “I don’t know,” Tess replied. “Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can’t pay for it, so I want to use my money.” “How much do you have?” asked the man from Chicago. “One dollar and eleven cents,” Tess answered. “And it’s all the money I have, but I can get some more, if I need to.” “Well,what a coincidence (巧合),” smiled the man. “A dollar and eleven cents - the exact price of a miracle for your little brother. Take me to where you live. Let’s see if 1 have the kind of miracle you need.” That man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon in neurosurgery (神经外科). The operation was completed without charge and it wasn’t long until Andrew was home again and doing well. Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost… one dollar and eleven& cents… plus the faith of a little child.
56. What can we learn from the first paragraph? A. Tess’s brother would recover because there was a miracle. B. Tess’s brother would die because his family had no money to treat his illness. C. Tess’s family would look for a miracle to treat Andrew’s illness. D. Andrew should go to hospital for a miracle. 57. Why did the chemist get annoyed first? A. Because he was a nervous man. B. Because Tess didn’t buy his medicine. C. Because Tess had bothered him and his brother. D. Because Tess was poorly dressed. 58. What can we learn about Dr. Carlton Armstrong? A. He was a stone-hearted man. B. He cared for only a little money. C. He never helped others unless given a lot of money.&&&&&&
D. He was a kind gentleman and ready to help others.
59. What can be the best title?
A. A dying boy and her sister&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. A miracle of $ 1.10 C. A kind doctor and his brother&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. A poor girl and a doctor
Hans was an honest fellow with a funny round good-humored face. Living alone, every day he worked in his garden. In all the countryside there was no garden so lovely as his. All sorts of flowers grew there, blooming in their proper order as the months went by, one flower taking another flower’s place, so that there were always beautiful things to see, and pleasant odors to smell.Hans had many friends, the most devoted being the Miller. So devoted was the rich Miller to Hans that he’d never go by his garden without plucking a large bunch of flowers or a handful of sweet herbs, or filling his pockets with fruits. The Miller used to talk about noble ideas, and Hans nodded and smiled, feeling proud of having such a friend.The neighbors thought it strange that the rich Miller never gave Hans anything in return, though he had hundreds of sacks of flour, many cows and sheep, but Hans never troubled his head about these, and nothing gave him greater pleasure than to listen to all the wonderful things about the unselfishness of true friendship.In spring, summer, and autumn Hans was very happy, but when winter came, and he had no fruit or flowers to sell, he suffered from cold and hunger. Though extremely lonely, the Miller never came to see him then.“There’s no good in going to see Hans while the snow lasts.” The Miller said to his wife, “When people are in trouble they shouldn’t be bothered. So I’ll wait till the spring comes when he’s happy to give me flowers.”“You’re certainly very thoughtful,” answered his wife, “It’s quite a treat to hear you talk about friendship.” “Couldn’t we ask Hans up here?” said their son. “I’ll give him half my meal, and show him my white rabbits.”
“How silly you are!” cried the Miller. “I really don’t know what’s the use of sending you to school. If Hans came up here, and saw our warm fire, our good supper, and our red wine, he might get envious, and envy is a most terrible thing, and would spoil anybody’s nature. I am his best friend, and I’ll always watch over him, and see that he’s not led into any temptation. Besides, if Hans came here, he might ask me for some flour. Flour is one thing, and friendship is another, and they shouldn’t be confused. The words are spelt differently, and mean quite different things. Everybody can see that.” He looked seriously at his son, who felt so ashamed that he hung his head down, and grew quite scared, and began to cry into his tea.
Spring coming, the Miller went down to see Hans. Again he talked about friendship. “Hans, friendship never forgets. I’m afraid you don’t understand the poetry of life. See, how lovely your roses are!” Hans said he wanted to sell them in the market to buy back his things which were sold during the hard time of the winter.
“I’ll give you many good things. I think being generous is the base of friendship.” said the Miller. “And now, as I’ll give you many good things, I’m sure you’d like to give me some flowers in return. Here’s the basket, and fill it quite full.” Poor Hans was afraid to say anything. He ran and plucked all his pretty roses, and filled the Miller’s basket, imagining the many good things promised by the Miller.
The next day he heard the Miller calling: “Hans, would you mind carrying this sack of flour for me to market?” “I’m sorry, but I am really very busy today.” “Well,” said the Miller, “considering that I’m going to give you my things, it’s rather unfriendly of you to refuse. Upon my word, you mustn’t mind my speaking quite plainly to you.” Poor Hans was driven by his friendship theory to work hard for his best friend, leaving his garden dry and wasted. & One evening Hans was sitting by fire when the Miller came.
“Hans,” cried the Miller, “My little boy has fallen off a ladder and hurt himself, and I’m going for the Doctor. But he lives so far away, and it’s such a bad windy night. It has just occurred to me that you can go instead of me. You know I’m going to give you my good things, so you should do something for me in return.” “Certainly,” cried Hans. He struggled into the stormy night, and got the doctor to ride a horse to the Miller’s house in time to save the boy. However, Hans got lost in the darkness, and wandered off into a deep pool, drowned. At Hans’ funeral, the Miller said, “I was his best friend. I should walk at the head of the procession.” Every now and then he wiped his eyes with a handkerchief. 【小题1】From the passage, we can learn that Hans ______.A.was extremely wise and nobleB.admired the Miller very much C.was highly valued by the MillerD.had a strong desire for fortune【小题2】Hans worked a lot for the Miller because he ______.A.was treated as a best friend by the MillerB.owed the Miller many valuable thingsC.was convinced of the Miller’s noble talkD.intended to show off his unselfishness【小题3】What’s the main cause of Hans’ tragedy?A.True friendship between them.B.Blind devotion to a friend. C.A sudden change of weather.D.A lack of formal education.【小题4】The author described the Miller’s behavior in order to ______. A.warn the readers about the danger of a false friend B.show the friendship between Hans and the MillerC.entertain the readers with an incredible joking taleD.persuade people to be as intelligent as the Miller
Whenever we do something wrong, Jesus Christ sees it. He loves us and doesn’t say it. Perhaps he’s wondering how long we’ll keep our mind suffering. A little boy named Johnny was visiting his grandparents on their farm and he was given a slingshot(弹弓) to play with out in the woods. He &36&&for some time but he could never hit the target he had set for himself. Getting a little &37&, he walked back to the farmhouse for dinner. As he was _&& 38&back, he saw Grandpa’s pet duck. Just out of &&39&, he let the slingshot fly , hitting it in the head ,and killed it. In a panic, he &&&40&the dead duck in the woodpile, only to see his sister Sally &&41 &be watching him. Sally had seen all this, but she said _42 . After lunch that day Grandma said, “Sally, it’s your turn to wash the dishes.” But Sally said, “Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen.” And then she spoke _43&to him, “Remember the duck?” So Johnny did the dishes. Later that day, Grandpa asked if &44&&wanted to go fishing, but Grandma said, “I’m sorry but I need Sally to help me make supper.” But Sally just smiled and said, “Well, that’s all right because Johnny told me he was too &&45&to help you. And she whispered again, “Remember the duck?” So Sally went fishing and Johnny &46&to help make supper. After several days of doing both his 47&and Sally’s, Johnny finally couldn’t 48&it any longer. He came to his Grandma and told her that he had killed the duck .Grandma smiled and gave him a big 49&. “Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was watering the flowers at the window &&50&&I saw you shoot my duck with the slingshot, and I saw the whole thing. But because I love you, I& 51&you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally& 52_ of you.”In reality, no matter how &53__or how uncomfortable it is to admit our wrongdoing, we should always choose to& 54 it and work it through instead of running away from it. Hard as it is, it &55&&us and makes us who we are.【小题1】A.promotedB.exercisedC.practicedD.consumed【小题2】A.delightedB.upsetC.amazedD.scared【小题3】A.runningB.rushingC.headingD.leaving【小题4】A.sympathyB.prideC.impulseD.politeness【小题5】A.hungB.presentedC.protectedD.hid【小题6】A.shouldB.shallC.mustD.might【小题7】A.nothingB.everythingC.somethingD.anything【小题8】A.loudlyB.softlyC.guiltilyD.innocently【小题9】A.SallyB.JohnnyC.the children D.Grandma【小题10】A.reluctantB.willingC.curiousD.cautious【小题11】A.kept upB.held backC.left behindD.stayed behind【小题12】A.choresB.homeworkC.gamesD.sports【小题13】A.acceptB.stand C.withdrawD.allow【小题14】A.hugB.blowC.rewardD.award【小题15】A.whereasB.asC.whileD.when【小题16】A.appreciateB.admireC.forgiveD.force【小题17】A.put the blameB.make friendsC.put pressureD.make a slave【小题18】A.doubtfulB.gratefulC.harmfulD.painful【小题19】A.reject B.controlC.faceD.witness【小题20】A.developsB.shapesC.ruinsD.prepares
Norah has a cottage on a cliff above a big bay. Inwinter it could be very nasty because of strong winds and sea spray. Infact, when a gale was blowing, Norah and her husband got used to sleeping in asmall room downstairs, because their bedroom upstairs, which faced the gales,had a very big window, and they were afraid that an extra violent gust mightbreak it and blow pieces of broken glass over them.Also, the salt spray from the sea put an end to manyof the colorful plants Norah planted in the garden. She tried putting up afence to protect them, but the wind just hit it, went up over the top and thendown the other side, so in the end she filled the garden with trees and bushesthat liked salt.But most of the summer Norah enjoyed her cottage andgarden very much. At weekends she could sit out-of-doors in the sun, looking atthe beautiful view, with interesting ships and boats passing by, and she couldvery easily cycle down to the sea for a swim.Now, Norah and her husband had plenty of friends andrelations. In the summer most of them used to come to enjoy the beautiful place,and in the end it really became quite annoying for Norah and her husband. Whenthey were at home, they found friends and relations arriving, expecting to begiven unlimited drinks and meals, and to sit in the sun for hours, talking asif Norah and her husband had nothing else to do but entertain and listen tothem.This went on for several years. Norah did not wish toappear rude by refusing to let her friends and relations in, but on the otherhand, she was getting tired every summer.Then one day Norah was complaining about this to herhairdresser while she was doing her hair. “You’re disturbed by too manyuninvited guests, are you?” said the hairdresser. ““What’s that?” asked Norah.“Well,” the hairdresser answered, “when the bellrings, I put on my coat and take my shopping bag. If it’s someone I don’t wantto see, I say innocently, ‘I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go out. But…’”1.Inparagraph one the underlined word “spray” probably means    .&A. wastes produced by some birds living near the sea B. great waves caused by strong windC. plants floating on the surface of the sea D. very small drops of sea water sent through the airby something 2.Wecan infer that    .&A. a lot of friends came to visit them in winterB. few friends came to visit them in winter.C. Friends came to visit them only for drinks andmealsD. Norah was a good cook3.Thebest title for the passage might be    .&A. A Good Place of Enjoying the Sea B. A Warm-hearted CoupleC. A Clever Way of EscapingD. A Visit to Norah4.Whatthe hairdresser is likely to continue to say in the end is “   ”&A. If I am tired, I say, ‘Sorry, can you come next time?’B. If it’s someone I like to see, I say, ‘How lucky!I’ve just come in!’C. If it’s someone I like to see, I say, ‘How happy tosee you! I was going shopping, but now I’ve changed my mind.’D. If it is fine that day, I say, ‘I am tired, butI’ll show you around the place, anyhow.’&
&Unit 16&&
Scientist at work本单元重点单词instructions n.
指令;指示&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& safety
n. 安全 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& glove
n. 手套accident n. 事故&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& earring
n. 耳环&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& flame
n. 火焰advantage n.
优点;优势 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& wheel
n.& 轮;方向盘&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& engine
n.引擎,发动机technology n.
技术&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& energy
n. 能量&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& nuclear
n.原子space n. 太空;空间&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& economy
n.经济&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& conduct
n. 指导;处理;传导lighting n. 闪电&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& realize
vt. 认识;意识&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& attract
vt. 吸引condenser n. 电容器;聚光器&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& last
vi. 持续&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& frame
n. 框架enough adj. 足够的&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& control
n.& vt. 控制&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& fix
v. 安装;确定fasten vt. 扎(捆)&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& charge
n.& v. 负责;充电&&&&&&&&&&&& cross
n. 杂交;十字架sharp adj. 尖锐的本单元重点短语in one’s opinion 在某人看来&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& a
waste of … (某方面)的浪费make use of 利用&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
famous for … 因……而闻名all over 遍及&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& make
discoveries 发现a number of 一些&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& a
great deal of 大量;许多fasten (tie)… to
…把……扎(捆)到……上面&&&&&&&&&&&& protect…
from …保护……免受损害take care 留神;小心&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& stop…from
doing… 阻止……不……tear down 拆掉&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
in tears 含着泪花end in 以……告终;结束&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& such
as 如;例如at least 至少;起码&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& find
out 查清楚;弄明白go against 与……对抗&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
made up of 由……组成.一、精彩回放(一)重点单词1.instruction【用法】n.指令;指示;说明例1:Just click the
mouse and you’ll get the instructions you need.点击鼠标,你就会得到你所需要的指令。例2:Give them your
instructions and they’ll do the experiment well.给他们下达您的指示吧,他们会做好这项试验的。例3:Read the
instructions before taking the medicine.在服用此药之前,要看一看说明。【相关链接】1) instruct vt.
教授;指导;通知例1:Professor Brown
instructs two classes in physics.布朗教授教两个班的物理。例2:Who’ll instruct
them to do the experiment ?谁将指导他们做这项试验?例3:I’ve been
instructed that I have to be present at the meeting.有人通知我,要我出席那个会议。2) instructive adj.
有教育意义的例如:The film is both instructive
and interesting 这部电影既有教育意义,又有趣。2. Realize【用法一】vt. 认识;意识例如:After talking with his
father, Jack realized that playing too much computer games would do bad to his
studies.经过与父亲的谈话后,杰克认识到过量玩电脑游戏会影响他的学习。【用法二】vt. 实现例如:By working hard, he realized
his wishes finally.靠努力奋斗,他终于实现了自己的理想。3.attract 【用法一】vt. 吸引例如:A magnet attracts iron.磁石吸引铁。【用法二】vt. 引起……注意例如:Her beautiful dress
attracted many eyes .她好漂亮的外衣吸引了很多目光。【相关链接】1) attraction n.
吸引力例1:The attraction of
the moon for earth causes the tides.月球对地球的吸引力造成了潮汐。例2:Computer games
have little attractions for my parents .电脑游戏对我父母亲没有什么吸引力。2) attractive
adj. 诱人的;有吸引力的例如:What an attractive price for
such a nice dress !这么好一件衣服,却标出这样诱人的低价!4.last 【用法一】vi. 持续例1:The meeting lasted two
hours.会议开了两个小时。例2:The quarreling
between the couple lasted quite some time.这对夫妇吵了好一阵子。【用法二】adj. 上一次的例如:He went there last year 他去年就去了那里。【用法三】
adv. 最后例1:Whoever leaves
last should turn off the lights.谁若最后离去,应当关灯。例2:He who laughs ,
laughs best.谁笑到最后,谁笑的最好。5.enough 【用法一】adj.足够的例1:I have enough
money to buy a new bicycle.我有足够的钱买一辆新自行车。例2:He has time enough to
write her essay.他有足够的时间去写他的论文。注意:enough 作形容词时可以置于被修饰的名词前面或后面作定语。【用法二】adv. 足够例1:The little boy is not tall
enough to reach the pear on the tree.那个小男孩还不够高;他还摘不到树上的那个梨。例2:The temperature
is high enough to turn the ice into water.这种温度跑以使冰融化成水。注意:当enough 作副词修饰形容词时,它只能后置。【用法三】n. 充分;足够例1:Enough has been
said on this subject .关于这个问题说得已经够多了。例2:They didn’t has
enough to eat then.那时他们常吃不饱。6.charge【用法一】vt. 充电例如:The battery has to be
charged again.这个电瓶又要充电了。【用法二】vt.要求付款(服务费用)例如:The bicycle repairman
charged me two yuan那位修自行车的师傅让我付给他两元钱的修理费。【用法三】vt.& vi. 突袭;猛冲例1:Our soldiers charged the
enemy at sunset .太阳落山时,我军士兵向敌军发动了袭击。例2:The angry man
charged into the office , shouting at his boss.那个愤怒的男子冲进办公室,冲他的老板大声吼骂起来。【用法三】n. 负责。例1:Who is charge of
the project?谁负责这个项目。例2:The project is in
the charge of Professor Lee.这个项目由李教授负责。7.conduct.【用法一】vt.指导;引导例如:His maid conducted us to the
door.她的女仆把我们领到门口。【用法二】vt. (电流)通过;传导例如:Copper conducts electricity
better than other materials.铜导电较其他物质佳。【用法三】vt.指挥;管理例如:The orchestra is conducted
by her father.这支管乐队由她的父亲指挥。【相关链接】1)conduction n.
(热、电、水等的)传导例如:The conduction of the water
from the river to the city is excellent.从这条河进入那个城市的输水系统情况非常好。2)conductor n.
(火车、汽车上的)收票员例如:“Tickets , please. Tickets,” said the
conductor .那位列车验票员说:“请把票拿出来,验票啦。”8.cross【用法一】n. 十字架;(给错误评定符号的)叉例1:The American wear
a cross around his neck.那个美国人脖子上系着一个(耶稣受难)十字架。例2:I’ve got two crosses in my
maths exercise book.我的数学练习有两道题做错了(得了两个叉)。【用法二】n. 杂交品种例如:Her pet cat is a cross
between a white cat and a black one.她喂的那只宠物猫是由黑、白两种颜色不同的猫产下的杂交品种。【用法三】vt. 横过;穿越例如:look to either end of the
street before you cross it .横过街道前,你要看看街道两端时否有车辆(通过)。9.sharp 【用法一】adj. 敏锐的;聪慧的例如:He had sharp eyes and was
able to tell everything in politics.他目光敏锐,政治方面洞察秋毫。【用法二】adj. 尖锐的;锋利的。例如:Take care ! The knife is
sharp.当心!这把刀挺锋利的.【用法三】adv. 准点例如:The meeting began at 8:00
sharp.会议在八点整准时开始。【相关链接】 sharpen vt. 使尖锐例如:He’s sharpening his pencil.他在削铅笔。10.Tear 【用法一】 vi. 撕例如:Take care ! The cloth tears easily.当心!这种布料很容易撕破。【用法二】vi. 撕扯;揪(与at连用) 例如:seeing the box ,Mary tore at the paper around it, eager to see the gift
in it.一拿到那个盒子,玛丽就撕开外面的那层包装纸,急着看看盒子里装的是什么礼物。【用法三】vt. 拆卸;拆除(与down连用)例如:The workers are tearing down the houses to build a park 工人们正在拆除那些旧房子;建一个公园。【用法四】vt. 撕开;撕裂。例如:After reading the letter ,she tore it into pieces.读完这封信,她就把它撕成了碎片。【相关链接】 tear n. 眼泪例如:When she heard the news,&
she burst into tears.听到那消息时,她的眼泪夺眶而出。(二)重要词组1. in one’s
opinionin one’s opinion 在某人看来例如:In my opinion ,we should let the children learn to operate computers.我认为,我们应当让孩子学会操作电脑。2. make use of make use of 利用例如:We should make full (good) use of our limited time .我们应该充分(很好地)利用我们有限的时间。3.a number of a number of 很多(后接可数名词)例如:A& number of students spend
too much time on computer games.有很多学生在玩电脑游戏方面花的时间太多了。【相关链接】1) the number of
……的数目(谓语用单数)例1:The number of the teachers in my school is 206.我校教师人数是206名。例2:What’s the number of the students in you class?你班学生人数是多少?例3:The number of the workers in the factory is large (small).这家工厂的人数量真多(少)。注意:不用many或few 与the number of 搭配。2) number of 许多例如:Numbers of men in the villages have gone to the front .这些村的许多男子都上前线去了。4.a great deal of a great deal of 许多(后接不可数名词)例如:He found a great deal of water over there.他在那边发现了许多水。【相关链接】1) a good many 许多(后接可数名词复数)例如:There are a good many new houses at the foot of the hill.在那山脚下有许多新房子。2) a lot of 许多(后接可数和不可数名词)例1:There are a lot of mistakes in her homework她的作业有很多错误例2:There is a lot of water in the pail 水桶里面有许多水5.protect…fromprotect …from … 保护……免受损害例如:In order to protect the sheep from the snowstorm, he drove them into
the cave.为了不使羊群遭到暴风雪的袭击,他把羊群赶进了洞穴。6. go against go against 与……相抗衡;抵触例1:We mustn’t go against nature , or we’ll be punished by it .我们绝不能违背大自然的规律,否则,我们将为此而遭到大自然的惩罚。例2:In my opinion ,the school rule goes against the law.我认为,条校规违背了法律。7.Be made up of be made up of 由……组成例如:Our class committee is made up of seven students.我们的班委会由七位学生组成。【相关链接】1) be made of 由……制成例如:The toy car is made of wood.这个玩具汽车是木头做的。2) be made from 由……(提炼)制成例如:The famous wine is made from rice and corn.这种名酒是由稻谷和玉米酿制的。3) make …into … 把……制成为……例如:The workers are making glass into beautiful vases .工人们把玻璃制成漂亮的花瓶。(三)难句分析1.I was beginning
to think that the experiment would not word.我逐渐觉得这种试验行不通。【解析1】be beginning to +v. 表示一种程度的发展。例如:We’re beginning to realize the importance of English.我们开始认识到了英文的重要性。【解析2】2work vi.有效果;起作用例如:I’ve been taking the medicine for days, but it works little.我已经连续几天在服用这种药,但是不甚见效。2.Others followed
even before the whole string was wet .and I was able to collect and store a
great deal of electricity into the condenser.其他风筝也发生了类似情况,甚至是在那根放飞的绳子全部湿透之前。这时,我完全可以将大量的电收集并储存到电容器里面去。【解析】be able to +v. 表示“能够”例如:The wounded so ldier was able to swim across the river.那个受伤的士兵终于游过了河。3.What works with
animals often does not work with humans.在动物身上做试验有效,用在人体时却经常无效。【解析】这是一个由What 引导的主语从句;同时What 又作从句的主语。句谓语是does not work.例如:What seems easy for her is usually hard for me.一些在她看来十分容易的事情,对我来说却总是很难。&(四) 语法精讲祈使句和构词法:1.学习表示给出“指令”的方式,即“祈使句”。例1:Add some more sugar to my milk ,please.请再给我的牛奶加一点儿糖。例2:Go and get today’s newspaper for me.去帮我买一份今天的报纸。例3:Take care! There comes the car .当心!汽车来了。例4:Be a good boy , Tom.听话(乖一点儿),汤姆。2.学习“构词法”的几种常用形式。例1:合成形容词warm-hearted 热心肠的stone-hearted 铁石心肠的Chinese-designed 中国人设计的Radio-equipped 装有无线电设备的Poorly-dressed 衣衫褴褛的Air-conditioned 有空调设备的Peace-loving 爱好和平的例2:合成名词crossroad 十字路口&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& someone
某人handbag 手提包&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& lookout
留意takeoff 起飞&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& sightseeing
游览观光by-product 副产品&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& get-together
联欢会sun-bathing 日光浴&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& sleeping-pill
安眠药例3:合成谓语whitewash 粉刷blacklist 列入黑名单sleepwalk 梦游例4:合成副词warm-heartedly 热心地&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& forever
永远地however 但是&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& moreover
而且whole-heartedly 全心全意地&(五)交际用语1.Well , in my
opinion ,it is a waste of money.我认为这里浪费钱。2.Flying is just as
fast.乘飞机只是会快一些。3.It is good for
the economy.这对经济发展有利。4.Add a tail to the
frame and tie a long string to the cross so you can control the kite.给这个(风筝)框架上一个尾巴,然后在这个框架上的交叉处系上一根细长的绳子,这样你就可以控制这个风筝了。Unit 17&
Famous women本单元重点单词inspire& vt. 激励&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& explain& v. 解释&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& admire
v. 羡慕smart&& adj. 机灵的;时髦的&&&& cheerful& adj. 高兴的&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& general
adj. 大致的;总的hard-working adj.&&&&& 努力的&&&&&
weak adj. 软弱的;不强壮的&&& stupid adj. 愚蠢的dishonest& adj. 不诚实的&&&&&&&&&&&& mean
v.&n. 意味着;方式&&&&&&&&&& tense& v 紧张miserable adj. 可怕的&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& singer
n. 歌手&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& actress
n. 女演员champion n. 冠军&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& alone& adj. 单独的&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& penguin
n. 企鹅Antarctica n. 南极洲&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& challenge
n. 挑战&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& increase
v. 增长Howling adj. 极端的;嚎叫的&&&& optimistic adj. 乐观主义的&&&&&&&&&& climate
n. 气候experience n. 经验;经历&&&&&&&&&&&& individual
adj. 一个人的&&&&&&& bother
v. 麻烦literature n. 文学&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& && skip
v. 跳跃&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& discipline
n. 纪律career n. 履历;生涯本单元重点短语in high position 地位很高&&&&& &&& the South Pole南极&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& the
North Pole北极polar bear北极熊&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& at
the opposite end of 在……对面&& &&&&&& pull one’s
sled 拉雪橇be about do (do )
正要(做)& be just around the corner 就在附近,即将来临& fall into 掉人in good health 健康状况良好&&&&&& stand
on one’s left leg 用左腿独立站好&&&& solo travel独自旅行blow away 吹跑;刮走&&&&&&&&& knock sb.
over. 把某人撞倒& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& refer
to 所指;参考rise to fame 名声大振&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& the
host of a talk show脱口秀主持人&& so far 到目前为止in history 在历史上&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& fight
for chances 设法寻找机会&& && &&&&&&& best
of luck to you 祝你好运without a strong
plan 没有详细的计划always be the very best 总是做到最好share with与……分享一、精彩回放(一)重点单词1.inspire【用法】vt. 激励;鼓励例如: His deeds greatly inspired his schoolmates他的行为极大地激励了他的同学。【相关链接】1)inspiring adj. 激励人心的例如:The speaker’s words were inspiring.演讲者的话很具有感召力。2)inspired. adj. 受到鼓舞的例如:The inspired soldiers threw their caps into the air,shouting,“Long live the
Public!”受到鼓舞的士兵将帽子抛向空中,大声喊着:“共和国万岁!”3)inspiration n. 激励的人的人或事物例1:My father is always an inspiration to me父亲对我来说总是一个鼓励者例2:The motto is an inspiration to many of us. 这个“座右铭”对于我们许多人来说是一种激励。2. mean【用法一】adj. 地位卑下的;出身微贱的例如:All the maids were mean in Dreams of the Red Chamber《红楼梦》中所有的丫环都是地位卑微的人【用法二】adj. 吝啬的例如:Her husband is rather mean over money.她的丈夫对钱相当吝啬。【用法三】adj. 破烂不堪的例如:They used to live in mean house in a mean street.他们以前住在一条鄙陋街道上的一幢破烂不堪的房子里。3. tense【用法】adj.紧张的例1:Her legs felt tense after running.跑步后,她感到双腿肌肉紧张。例2:He looks tense with anxiety.他因焦虑而显得紧张。例3:The situation became tense suddenly.形势一下子变得紧张起来了。【相关链接】nervous adj.紧张的(只指人的精神状态)例如:She felt nervous when asked about that.当被问到那件事时,她紧张起来了。4. increase【用法一】vt. & vi.增长例1:Her absence increased our difficulty in doing the experiment.她的缺席增加了我们做这次试验的难度。例2:The number of the students in my class has increased to 58.我班学生人数已经增长到了58位。【用法二】n./’inkri:s /增多;增加例1:The population increase makes the government feel hard.人口的增长让政府甚感棘手。例2:We have got a steady increase in production.我们的生产在稳步增长。【相关链接】increasing adj. 不断增长的例1:The increasing traffic problems are troubling the city people.不断增长的交通问题一直在困扰着市民。例2:The shopkeeper feels happy at the increasing income.对于日益增多的收益,店老板乐开了花。5.threaten【用法一】vt.威胁;恐吓例1:The boss threatened to dismiss Lucy if she didn’t obey him.老板威胁露西,如果她不服从,就要开除她。例2:The secretary received a letter threatening to murder the manager.秘书收到一封信,信中扬言要谋杀经理。【用法二】vt.& vi.预示;将要发生例1:The gathering black clouds are threatening a storm.天空中乌云密布,这预示着风暴要来了。例2:Knowing that a folld threatens, all the villagers are trying hard to
get everything ready.知道一场洪水将要来临,所有的村民都在努力做好一切准备。【相关链接】1)threat n. 恐吓;威胁例如:I’m not afraid of their threat.我不惧怕他们的恐吓。2)threat n.恶兆例如:There was a threat of rain in the dark sky.乌云密布的天空有下雨之兆。6.support【用法一】vt.支持例如:We firmly support their struggle for human rights.我们坚决支持他们为人权而进行的斗争。【用法二】vt.支撑例1:Whales have no strong bones to suport their heavy bodies on land.鲸没有结实的骨骼在陆地上支撑其沉重的身体。例2:The hall is supported by six large columns.这个大厅由六根大圆柱支撑着。【用法三】vt.养活例如:He has a large family to support.他要养活一家子人。【用法四】n.支持例如:I hope to have your support in the election.我希望在这次选举中得到你的支持。7.affect【用法一】vt.影响例1:Parents’ words and deeds affect their children a lot.父母亲的言行对小孩的影响极大。例2:Some plants are quickly affected by cold.有些植物很快就受到了寒冷气候的影响。【用法二】vt.感动;打动例如:The students were much affected by her story.同学们被她的事迹深深地感动了。【用法三】vt.(疾病)感染例如:His wound was affected badly.他的伤口受到严重的感染。(二)重要词组1.lie downlie down躺下例如:Having done all the housework, she lay down in bed.做完所有的家务后,她躺在床上休息了。注意:课文中的On November 12 the storm lay
down.(十一月十二日风暴停下来了。)这个句子中的lay down是引申意义。2.make a decisionmake a decision 做出决定例1:Finally he made a decision that he would give up the plan.他终于做出决定要放弃计划。例2:Children should be encouraged to make their own decisions.应当鼓励孩子自己去做出决定。3.go downgo down(太阳)落山例如:When the sun is going down, the whole farm looks more beautiful.当太阳落山时,整个农场看起来更美了。【相关链接】1)go down(价格)跌落例如:The price of beef has gone down finally.牛肉的价格终于下降了。2)go down(指海洋、风暴)平衡;平息例如:The rough sea finally went down.波涛汹涌的海面总算平静下来了。3)go down 受欢迎例如:The film HERO went down well.《英雄》这部影片很受观众欢迎。4.refer torefer to所指;谈及;提及例1:I was not referring to her when I said so.当我那么说时,我并不是指她。例2:The boy you referred to is my seatmate.你刚才谈到的那个男生是我的同桌。【相关链接】1)refer to 参考;咨询例如:While he was writing the essay, he referred to some other books.在写那篇论文时,他参考了其他一些书籍。2)refer … to 把……归于例如:He referred his success to his trainer.他认为自己的成功应归功于自己的教练。3)refer … to 将……提交例如:The dispute was referred to the United Nations.该项争议已提交联合国处理。(三)难句分析1.But changes
were just around the corner.但是情况可能随时发生变化。【解析】be around the corner 在这里是一种习惯用法,表示“即将来临”。例如:Our final test is around the corner.我们的期末测试即将来临。比较:The post office is just around the corner.邮局就在转角处。2.…and I found myself
spending a whole day in my tent.……我发觉我已经在帐篷里呆了一整天了。【解析】find oneself经常表示一种“(无意间)意识、发现……”例如:After walking in the dark for about an hour,we found ourselves right at
the foot of the same mountain.在黑暗中走了约一个小时后,突然间我们发现自己又来到了同一座山的山脚下。3.A few days
later, I was moving forward over a slope that seemed safe when suddenly without
warning my world dropped out from under my skis.几天后,我正缓慢地翻越一个看来似乎安全的陡坡时,忽然间,我一下子从滑雪板上掉落下去了。【解析1】was moving … when … dropped
out … 若主句是过去进行时,而从句(由when引导)是一般过去时,这个从句动作表示一种“很突然”、“未曾预料”的含义。例如:We were having a meeting when the power went out.我们正在开会,突然停电了。【解析2】move over a slope 翻过一处斜坡。Over prep.翻越;跃过例如:The athlete sprang over all the fences neatly.那个运动员非常利落地跨过了所有的栏。【解析3】without warning my world在毫无预防的情况下【解析4】from under …从……下方,介词from常可与其他介词连用。例如:Soon the moon came out from behind the clouds.不一会儿月亮又从云层后面露出了脸儿。4.She has helped
thousands of men and women come to terms with things that bother and that they
could not talk about with others.她帮助了数以千计的人们妥善地处理好那些困扰他们的琐碎的事情,而这又都是一些令他们无法与他人启齿交谈的事。【解析】come to terms with …与……和好;句中that bother them与后面的and that they … 是两个定语从句,分别修饰things。5.Being black and
a woman made life even more difficult in America at that time.身为黑人,尤其是女人,在那个时期的美国,她的生活更艰难。【解析】Being black and a woman是动名词作主语。例如:Being a League member, you should set a good example to others.作为一名共青团员,你应当给他人树立一个好榜样。(此处Being …为状语,现在分词)(四)语法精讲主语和谓语的一致:1.谓语动词在数上必须与主语保持一致。例1:The answer to this question is very simple.这个问题的答案十分简单。例2:The details of this story are easy for you to remember.这个故事的细节你很容易记。例3:Such was Einstein, the great scientist.伟大的科学家爱因斯坦就是如此。例4:Suc are my parents, kind and strict.这就是我的父母亲,既慈祥又严格。例5:Between the two countries lie five big lakes.两国之间有五个大湖。例6:Around the corner came a car.一辆汽车从拐角处开了过来。2.当主语表达一个抽象概念时,谓语动词用单数表示。例1:To answer such a question is really difficult.回答这样一个问题真难。例2:Playing basketball is good for your health.打篮球对你的健康有益。例3:That our teacher is going to leave us makes us disappointed.我们的老师要离开我们,这使我们很失望。3.当两个或多个名词用and并列连接的时候,谓语动词一段要用复数形式。例1:A pen and a pencil are in my pencil-box.我的文具盒里有一支钢笔和一支铅笔。例2:To increase the production and to reduce the cost are very important to
us.增产节支对我们十分重要。但如果两个或几个名词指的是同一事物或人时,谓语动词用单数形式。例1:The teacher and writer is respected by all the people.那位既是教师又是作家的人受到大家的尊敬。例2:Ploughing the field and sowing seeds is the first thing we should do
right now.耕地播种是我们现在该做的头一件事。4.如果主语是单数,后面跟有as well as, with, like,
except, but, besides等引起的短语时,谓语动词仍然用单数形式;也就是说,介词短语不能被看作主语的一部分。例1:Everyone except Micky is in the classroom.除了米奇以外,其他人都在教室里。例2:Frank as well as Green and Sandy has been to Beijing.弗兰克、格林和桑迪都到过北京。例3:Ann with her son and her daughter was in New York last Christmas.去年圣诞节安和她的女儿在纽约。例4:French besides English and German is taught in our school.除了英语和德语外,我们学校也开设法语课程。例5:Charlie, like all his friends, is fond of music.查理和他所有的朋友一样,喜欢音乐。5.each和由some, any, no, every构成的合成词,都作单数看待。例1:Each of them has got a PC.他们每人都有一台个人电脑。例2:Someone is calling for you on the phone.有人打电话找你。例3:Nothing is to be done.什么也没法做。6.what,who,which,any,more,most,all等代词可以是单数,也可以是复数,由语义决定。例1:Which is your book? 哪本是你们的书?例2:Which are your books? 哪些是你的书?例3:Here is some more paper.这里还有一些纸。例4:Here are some more pens.这里还有一些笔。例5:Are any of you doctors? 你们中有人是医生吗?例6:Is any of you from Shenzhen?你们中有人来自深圳吗?例7:Those who are against the plan can leave.反对这项计划的人可以离开。例8:Anyone who is interested in it can go with us.对这事感兴趣的人可以跟我们去。7.none可作复数看待,也可作单数看待;但作复数看待时多,主要看说话人的看法。另外,none of后面若接不可数名词,只能视为单数。例1:She looked for some cake, but there was none left.她找些蛋糕,但蛋糕一点也没剩下。例2:None of this money is mine.这笔钱没有一点是我的。例3:None of them have come back yet.他们中谁也没来。例4:They say they like it, but none of them has gone to the cinema.他们都说喜欢这电影,但谁也没去看。8.neither和either作主语时,通常作单数看待。例1:Neither of them was from Australia.他们俩都不是来自澳大利亚。例2:Either of the boys likes singing.这两个男孩都喜欢唱歌。9.people(人们),police(警察),cattle(牛群),crowd(人群)等词是集体名词,一般为复数概念。例1:The eattle have eaten up all the grass here and have to move to another
place.牛群吃光了这里所有的草,不得不迁移他处了。例2:The police keep the city in good order.警察维护了这座城市的良好秩序。例3:People in this village are living a rich life.这个村子里的人生活很富裕。10.class,family,school等词可以被看作复数概念,也可以被看作单数概念,取决于说话人的语义。例1:Our class is Class 3.我们班是第三班。(单数)例2:Our class are playing on the playground.我们班全体同学都在操场上玩。(复数)例3:His family is a very big
one.他的家庭是个大家庭。(单数)例4:The family are at table now.这家人正在吃饭。(复数)11.表示时间、重量、距离、长度、价值等的名词尽管是复数名词,但如果用于表达一个整体概念,应作为单数看待。例1:Three thousand kilometers is a long distance.3000公里是段很长的距离。例2:Two months is long enough.两个月的时间够长了。例3:Thirty tons of steel has been shipped to their factory.30吨钢材已经运到了他们工厂。12.以下是几种谓语动词与邻近主语一致的情况。1)由neither … nor …或either … or …连接两个主语时,谓语动词与跟它最邻近的主语一致。例如:Neither you nor your brother has been there.你和你弟弟都没去过那里。Is either Tom or
his brothers to answer for this?汤姆或是他的兄弟们要对这事负责吗?2)句子由there, here和where引起,而主语不止一个时,谓语也通常跟它与最邻近的主语一致。例如:There is a book and two letters in the bag.包里有一本书和两封信。Here comes an old
lady and two girls.走过来了一位老太太和两位姑娘。Where is your
wife and children when you stay here?你在这里时,你的太太和孩子们在哪儿?但有时情况也有例外,例如:There are one or
two cases like that.有一两个这类情况。Here are my
passport and papers.这里是我的护照和文件。13.如果主语由“the+形容词”担任时,根据意义一致的原则确定谓语动词的单复数。例1:In our country, the old are taken good care of.在我们国家,老人们都得到很好的照顾。(复数:所有老人)例2:After the battle, the
wounded were taken to a hospital.战斗结束后,伤员被送到了医院。(复数:所有伤员)例3:The older of the two is
Simon’s uncle.两人中年纪较大些的那一位是西蒙的叔叔。(单数:两人中的一个)例4:The dead, who was a stranger, was buried yesterday.死者是位陌生人,昨天被安葬了。(单数)14.如果主语由this(a)kind of, this(a)sort of, this(a)type of后接名词构成时,谓语动词用单数。例1:A kind of new dictionary is on sale in our boo-kstore.我们书店正在出售一种新词典。例2:This sort of apples tastes sweet.这种苹果很甜。例3:This type of cars is produced in our factory.这种型号的汽车是我们工厂生产的。15.如果主语由these kinds of等后接复数名词构成时,谓语动词用复数。例如:These kinds of tests are good.这种测试有好处。(五)交际用语1.――Is she
Chinese?――她是中国人吗?――Yes, she is.――是的,她是。2.――Is she a
famous singer?――她是一位名歌手吗?――不,她不是。3.――What is
everybody doing here?――你们大家在这里干什么呀?――We’re preparing
for a party.4.――Will anybody
be free tomorrow?――谁明天会得空闲吗?――yes, if I
finish the work today.――如果我今天做完了这活儿,我明天就空闲了。&Unit 18&&
New Zealand本单元重点单词description& n. 描述&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& region& n. 地区&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& surround& v. 环绕climate& n. 气候&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& subtropical& n. 亚热带&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& volcano& n. 火山narrow& adj. 狭窄的&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& sign& v.& && n. 签字;迹象&&&&&&&&&&&&& celebrate& v. 庆祝temperature& n. 温度&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& symbol& n. 象征&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& desert& n. 沙漠quality& n. 质量本单元重点短语lie to 位于……&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
made up of 由……组成&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
surrounded by 被……环绕be famous for 因……闻名&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& such
as 例如&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& take
possession of 拥有……refer to 参考;所指&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& in
relation to 与……有关&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
marked with 标有……记号compare…to…把……比作&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& stand
for 代表&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& make
up 占据空间plenty of 大量;许多&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
native to 原产于……&&&&&&&&&&&&&& be
careful in (在某方面)仔细prepare for … 为……作准备一、精彩回放(一)重点单词1.water【用法一】n. [U]水&&&&&& 例如:Canada has one third of the world's supply of fresh water.&&& &&&&&&加拿大拥有世界淡水供应量的三分之一。【用法二】n. (常用复数)大片的水,(江、湖、池、海等)水体,水域&&&&&& 例如:the waters of the lake 湖中的水&&&&&& &&&&& the upper waters
of the Yangtze 长江上游【用法三】v. 使湿,在……上洒/浇水,灌溉&&&&&& 例如:Dry lands have been watered.&&&&&& &&&&& 干燥的土地已经得到灌溉。【用法四】adj. 水的,用水的,水生的。&&&&&& 例如:water sports 水上运动&&&&&& &&&&& water plants 水生植物2.lie【用法一】vi. 平躺(不规则动词,其过去式、过去分词为lay,lain)&&&&&& 例如:lie on one's back/side仰/侧卧【用法二】v. 展现,伸展&&&&&& 例如:A bright future lies ahead.&&&&&& &&&&& 前途是光明的。【用法三】v. 位于&&&&&& 例1:London lies on the River Thames.&&&&&& &&&& 伦敦位于泰晤士河畔。&&&&&& 例2:There lies a temple at the foot of the mountain.&&&&&&&&
山脚下有一座庙。【用法四】v. & n. 说谎(规则动词)&&&&&& 例1:You are lying to him!&&&&&&&&&&&&& &你在对他说谎!&&&&&& 例2:They said she told lies to everyone.&&&&&&&&
他们说她对任何人都说谎。【相关链接】1)lie down 躺下&&&&&& 例如:Go and lie down for a while.&&&&&&&&&&&&& & 去躺一会儿。2)lie in 在于&&&&&& 例如:The answer lies in two facts.&&&&&& &&&&& 答案在于两个事实。3)lie on 依赖,压迫,取决于&&&&&& 例如:It lies on us to accomplish the task.&&&&&& &&&&& 完成这项任务是我们的责任。4)lie up 卧床休息&&&&&& 例如:You'd better lie up for a few more days.&&&&&&&&&
你最好再多休息几天。5)lie有时后面跟形容词,表示所处状态。&&&&&& 例如:The book lay open on the table.&&&&&& &&&&&& & 那本书打开着,放在桌子上。【相关链接2】1)lay& v. (laid,laid)放、搁;产卵、下蛋&& 例1:He laid the book
on the table and left.&&&&&&& 他把书放在桌上就走了。&& 例2:The hens lay ten
eggs every day.&&&&&&&&&&&&& 这些母鸡每天下十个蛋。2)liar& n. 撒谎者&& 例如:A liar is not
believed when he tells the truth.&&&&&&&&&&&&& &说惯假话的人说真话时也没有人会相信。3.run【用法一】v. 跑,奔,逃跑&&&&&& 例1:I ran as quickly as I could.&&&&&&&&&&&&& & 我拼命地跑。&&&&&& 例2:The enemy ran away. 敌人逃走了。&&&&&& 例3:We ran to his aid. 我们跑去帮他。【用法二】v. 竞赛,竞选&&&&&& 例1:run for Congress 参加国会议员竞选&&&&&& 例2:run for mayor 竞选市长【用法三】v. (机器)运转&&&&&& 例如:The engine runs perfectly well.&&&&&& &&&&&& & 这台发动机运转十分良好。【用法四】v. 流淌,滴&&&&&& 例1:The river runs thick.&&&&&& &&&&& 水流浑浊。&&&&&& 例2:The child's nose is running.&&&&&&&&&&&&& & 孩子在流鼻涕。【用法五】v. 变得&&&&&& 例如:The little pond has run dry.&&&&&&&&&&&&& & 那个小池塘已经干涸。【用法六】v. (车辆)行驶&&&&&& 例1:The buses run until twelve.&&&&&&&&&&&&& & 公共汽车12点收班。&&&&&& 例2:Are there any trains running to Sichuan from here?&&&&&&&&
从这里到四川有火车吗?【用法七】v. (道路)延伸,延续&&&&&& 例如:The street runs from south to north.&&&&&&&&&&&&& & 这条街是南北向的。【用法八】v. 经营,管理&&&&&& 例如:They run most of the stores here.&&&&&& &&&&& 他们管理着这里的大部分商店。【用法九】v. (颜色)褪色&&&&&& 例如:When I washed the blouse, the color ran.&&&&&&&&&&&&& & 我洗这件衬衫,褪了色。【相关链接1】1)run after 追逐,追求&& 例如:If you run after
two hares, you will catch neither.&&&&&& &&&& 不能脚踏两只船。2)run away from 从……跑掉;逃避&& 例如:He ran away from
school. 他逃学了。3)run out (某物)被用完&& 例如:We decided it
would be best to go home before our money ran out.&&&&&&&&
我们认为最好在把钱用完之前回家。4)run out of 用完(某物)&& 例如:We ran out of
coal, and had to burn wood.&&&&&&&&
我们用完了煤,只好烧木柴。5)run into 无意间碰到,和……相撞&& 例如:I ran into him
now and then.&&&&&&&&
我不时碰见他。【相关链接2】runner 赛跑的人&&&&&&&&&&
runway跑道4.some【用法一】adj. 一些,若干,几个(可以修饰可数名词和不可数名词)&&&&&& 例1:Please bring some coffee without sugar.&&&&&&&&
请来点儿不加糖的咖啡。&&&&&& 例2:Ask some boys to help you.&&&&&&&&
叫几个男孩帮帮你。【用法二】adj. (修饰单数名词)某个(人或物)= a certain &&&&&& 例1:There must be some mistake.&&&&&&&&&
准是出了什么差错。&&&&&& 例2:I suggested to Red that we should go to some hotel.&&&&&&&&&
我向瑞得建议我们该去找个旅店。【用法三】pron. 一些&&&&&& 例如:Some of the trees can be cut each year for firewood.&&&&&&&&&
一些树每年可以被砍作柴火。【用法四】adv. 大约,与about同义&&&&&& 例如:It happened some thirty years ago.&&&&&&&&&
这件事大约发生在三十年前。【相关链接1】some more 再来一点,更多【相关链接2】somebody/someone 某人,有人something 某事,某物sometimes 有时somewhere 在某处5.surprising【用法】adj. 令人惊奇的&&&&&& 例1:What you have just told me is very surprising.&&&&&&&&&
你刚才告诉我的事真让人吃惊。&&&&&& 例2:Is there anything surprising about it? I don't think so.&&& &&&&&&有关这事有什么让人吃惊的?我认为没有。【相关链接】surprising和surprised的区别:surprising和surprised都是由surprise派生来的形容词,但surprised是“吃惊的”,“感到惊奇的”。&&&&&& 例如:He didn't notice the surprised look on her face.&&&&&&&&&
他没有注意到她脸上吃惊的表情。6.shock【用法一】v. 使震惊&&&&&& 例如:He was shocked at her smoking. = Her smoking shocked him.&&&&&&&&&
她抽烟使他震惊。【用法二】v. 使触电&&&&&& 例如:He got shocked when he touched the wire.&&&&&&&&&
他一摸电线就触电了。【用法三】n. [C]震动,冲击&&&&&& 例1:Three shocks of the earthquakes were felt last night.&&&&&&&&&
昨晚感觉到三次地震。&&&&&& 例2:The news was a great shock to Marie.&&&&&&&&&
那个消息给了玛丽很大的震撼。【相关链接】shocking& adj. 令人震惊的7.majority【用法】n. 大多数(常和the连用)&&&&&& 例如:The majority of people in the town want to encourage new industry in
the areA.&&&&&&&&&
城里的大多数人想在该地区鼓励新工业的发展。注意:majority 作主语时,谓语动词可以是单数,也可以是复数,其反义词是minority。8.share【用法一】v. 合用,分享&&&&&& 例1:We share a small room between us.&&&&&&&&&
我们俩共用一个小房间。&&&&&& 例2:She never shared any of her husband's worries.&&&&&&&&&
她从不分担丈夫的任何忧愁。【用法二】v. 分配,均分&&&&&& 例3:Mother is sharing the cakes to make sure that every boy gets some.&&&&&&&&&
母亲正在分蛋糕,确保每个男孩都吃到一些。【用法二】n. 分得的一份,应承受的一份&&&&&& 例1:You have had more than your share of this apple-pie.&&&&&&&&&
你吃的苹果派比你应得的分量多。&&&&&& 例2:You must take your share of the blame.&&&&&&&&&
你必须接受批评。【相关链接】take one's share 尽自己的一份责任9.ship【用法一】n. 大船&&&&&& 例如:They are making a ship.&&&&&&&&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 think about the way 的文章

随机推荐