1. — Does it help you learn English toyou live and learn.in the dorm? —_________

完形填空 When I moved into an empty dormfor the first time two years ago, I was certain of a few things.Firstly, I realized that I didn't 1 anybody at the school.Secondly, I knew that I wanted to work h 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
  When I moved into an empty dorm(宿舍)for the first time two years ago, I was certain of a few things.Firstly, I realized that I didn't   1   anybody at the school.Secondly, I knew that I wanted to work hard at my lessons and   2   something useful.And thirdly, I wanted to have a good time with new classmates, without my parents around.
  The first   3   frightened me in the beginning.But that   4   quickly disappeared.It was the other two goals   5   ended up being my difficulties.I knew that it was   6   to devote enough time to class and to social efforts.But I wanted to   7   in both.I knew this would be a   8  , but I didn't realize how much until classes began.
  I got on well with the other girls who lived in my dorm.  9  , instead of finishing my homework   10   it was due, I went upstairs and had ice cream with my neighbor.I always finished it the next day between classes.I knew   11   wasn't very good and the grade I   12   showed my lack of effort.
  I was   13   that I needed to find some sort of balance.
  So I created a schedule(时间表)that would   14   my time up between going to class, doing homework, and relaxing(放松).It seemed like a good idea,   15   I was only able to   16   it for a few days.A schedule like that was too much pressure.
  So I tried another   17  .Each week I made a list of everything I had to get done during that week.Then, under the list of things I had to get done, I   18   a list of things I could do if I had time.
  This is the method I have used since then.I'm glad that I've learned to   19   things and it has   20   prepare me for what is to come after graduation.
understand
realization
excitement
interesting
Fortunately
答案:1.A;2.B;3.D;4.C;5.C;6.A;7.B;8.C;9.A;10.D;11.A;12.D;13.D;14.B;15.C;16.C;17.A;18.A;19.C;20.B;解析:(1)
刚刚来到新的学校,这里没有我认识(know)的人。recognize“辨认出”。
follow这里表示“遵循”。
我已经学会平衡(balance)各种事务,合理分配时间。
这必将帮助(helped)我去迎接未来生活的挑战。
我要努力学习,学到(learn)一些有用的知识。
最初“实现(realization)”第一个目标让我担心,但这种担心(fear)很快就消失了。
最初“实现(realization)”第一个目标让我担心,但这种担心(fear)很快就消失了。
此处是强调句型。end up doing“以做……结束”。这里表示实现另外两个目标对我来说是最大的挑战。
由上下文可知此处意为“合理分配时间去学习和参加社交活动是困难的(hard)”。
succeed in sth./doing sth。“在……方面取得成功”。
这对于我来说将是一个挑战(challenge)。
我经常(often)和我的室友上楼去吃冰激凌,而不去按时完成作业。
before it was due“在作业应该上交之前”。
it指上文提到的作者的学习情况。
receive the grade表示“获得成绩”。此处I received修饰grade。
我意识到(be aware of/that…)我需要某种平衡。
由下文内容提示可知此处意为我制定了一个时间表,来分配(divide up)自己的时间,但并没有一直坚持下去。
练习册系列答案
科目:高中英语
来源:黄冈重点作业 高一英语(下)
完形填空:
  Three men came to Dover Station at about nine o'clock one evening. They asked the assistant what time the next train was for London. The assistant said, “You've just
one. They go every hour. The next one is at ten o'clock. ”“That is
2 ,”they said, “we'll go and have a drink.”So they went to the nearest bar. A minute or two after ten o'clock, they came
and said to the assistant, “Has the train gone?” “Yes,” he said, “it went at ten o'clock
I told you. The next is at eleven o'clock.”
  “That's OK,” they said, “we'll go and have another
.”So they went back to the bar.
  They missed the eleven o'clock train in
way, and the assistant said, “Now, the next train is the
If you miss that, you
to London tonight.”
  Twelve o'clock came, and the last train
of them came out of the bar running as hard as they
. Two of them got into a carriage just
the train was leaving but the third one didn't run
13 , and the train went out leaving him
. He stood there looking at the train and
15 , as if
a train was the best joke (玩笑) in the world. The assistant went up to him and said, “I told you that this was the last train. Why didn't you come
  The man couldn't answer because of laughing. He laughed
the tears came into his eyes. Then he said, “Did you see those two fellows
into the train and leave me here?”
  “Yes, I saw them,” said the assistant.
  “Well, I was the one who was going to L they only came
to see me off!”
A.missedB.lost
C.seenD.taken
A.soB.too good
C.all rightD.a pity
A.runningB.laughing
C.smilingD.in time
A.whenB.as
C.thatD.which
A.barB.train
C.timeD.drink
A.hisB.some
C.anotherD.the same
A.onlyB.faster
C.lastD.best
A.wouldn't goB.won't get
C.must walkD.aren't going
A.had startedB.had gone
C.had leftD.was starting
A.oneB.most
C.threeD.the three
A.couldB.wanted
C.possibleD.did
A.asB.after
C.atD.while
A.at allB.fast enough
C.quicklyD.as soon as possible
A.laterB.lonely
C.behindD.away
A.smiledB.thought
C.wanderingD.laughing
A.missB.to miss
C.catchD.catching
A.nowB.earlier
C.fasterD.with your friends
A.untilB.unless
C.whenD.after
A.getB.getting
C.walkD.walking
A.outB.home
C.LondonD.here
完形填空.
  One afternoon just before Christmas, an old gentleman was wandering through the city center. The shops were packed ___1___ good things and ___2___ with cheerful shoppers. The children were gazing in wonder at all the toys on show in the ___3___. Suddenly in the middle of the crowd he saw a dirty little boy sitting on the pavement ___4____ bitterly. When the kind old man asked him why he was crying, the little boy told him that he had ___5___ a ten penny piece that his uncle had given him. Thrusting his hand into his ___6___ the old man pulled out a handful of coins. He ___7__ a shiny, new ten penny ___8___ and handed it to the boy. “___9___” said the little boy , drying his ___10___, he cheered ___11___ at once.
  An hour ___12___ later the old man was ___13___ his way back the same route. To his
___14___ he saw the same dirty little boy in the same spot, crying just as bitterly as before. He went up __15___ the boy and asked him if he had lost ten pence he had given him. The little boy told him that ___16___ he had not lost the ___17__ coin, but he still could not find his first ten pence. “If I ___18____ find my own ten pence,”he said___19__,“I'd have___20___ pence now.”
(1) A.atB.for
&&& C.withD.in
(2) A.crowdsB.crowded
&&& C.fillingD.full
(3) A.windowsB.kitchens
&&& C.wallsD.doors
(4) A.laughingB.smiling
&&& C.weepingD.shouting
(5) A.lostB.thrown
&&& C.gotD.stolen
(6) A.clothesB.trousers
&&& C.sleevesD.pocket
(7) A.picked upB.picked out
&&& C.picked forD.picked at
(8) A.moneyB.bill
&&& C.pieceD.note
(9) A.Not at allB.Thank you very much
  C.I beg your pardonD.Don't mention it
(10) A.eyesB.nose
   C.mouthD.lips
(11) A.downB.in
   C.toD.up
(12) A.and soB.for so
   C.or notD.or so
(13) A.doingB.putting
   C.keepingD.making
(14) A.joyB.surprise
   C.astonishmentD.disappointment
(15) A.forB.with
   C.toD.out
(16) A.naturallyB.completely
   C.possiblyD.actually
(17) A.firstB.third
   C.ownD.second
(18) A.couldB.can
   C.wouldD.will
(19) A.frightfullyB.tearfully
   C.terribly&D.joyfully
(20) A.thirtyB.forty
   C.twentyD.much
来源:高中课程新学案 高中三年级、英语
完形填空。
  In my third year as a high school athletics coach, I gave a speech telling students and parents about the benefits of football.I gave the same   1   each year, aimin g at recruiting(招收)new team members.I talked about   2   football wasn't just for   3   athletes and how everyone could   4   from it.This year, a   5   looking couple approached me after my speech.They said their son really wanted to play football.They had tried to   6   him out of it, but he had his heart   7   on joining the team.
  When they told me his name, my heart sank.Michael was five feet and ten inches tall and weighed about 108 pounds.He was a   8   boy, the constant target of other kids' jokes, and as far as I knew he had never   9   sports.I knew he would never   10   it through football practice, let   11   as a player.But we told them we could give it a try.
  On the opening day of practice, Michael was the first player on the field, we did 30 minutes of warming-up   12   starting a one-mile jog around the track.I   13   my eye on Michael.At 50 yards he fell, and I helped him to his feet.“Michael,”I said,“Why don't you just   14   the mile?”He said in tears that he wanted to run with the others, so I let him go on.  15   he fell, but each time   16   himself up.
  The same thing happened every day for weeks, and Michael gained strength both   17   and physically.By the last week of practice, Michael could run the mile without falling, we had   18   only one game that season,   19   the team cheered louder for Michael's run than the victory they had, Afterward, Michael approached me, and I told him how   20   I was of him.
participated in
Unfortunately
Repeatedly
emotionally
technically
来源:高一英语下学期Unit18单元测试
题型:完型填空
五、Cloze test(完形填空)20分When Dave was eighteen,he bought a second-hand car for £200 so that he could travel to and from work more  1  than by bus.It worked quite well for a few years,but then it got so old,and it was costing him  2  much in repairs that he decided that he had better  3  it.He asked among his friends to see if anyone was particularly  4&&to buy a cheap car,but they all knew that it was falling to pieces,so& 5&&of them had any desire to buy it.Dave's friend Sam saw that he was& 6&&when they met one evening,and said,“What's& 7&,Dave?” Dave told him and Sam answered,“Well,what about advertising it in the paper? You may &&8&&more for it that way than the cost of the advertisement!” Thinking that Sam's &&9&&was sensible,he put an advertisement in an evening paper,which read:“For sale:small car,& 10&&very little petrol,only two owners.Bargain at £50.”For two days after the advertisement first appeared,there was no &&11&.But then on Saturday evening a man rang up and said he would like to& 12&&him about the car.“All right,” Dave said,feeling happy.He asked the man whether ten o'clock the next morning would be &&13&&or not.“Fine,” the man said.“And I'll& 14&&my wife.We intend to go for a ride in it to &&15&&it.” The next morning,at ten quarter,Dave parked the car in the square outside his front door,& 16&&to wait there for the person who had &&17&&his advertisement.Even Dave had to &&18&&that the car really looked like a wreck.Then soon after he had got the car as &&19&&as it could be,a police car stopped just behind him and a policeman got out.He looked at Dave's car and then said,“Have you reported this &&20&&to us yet,sir?”1.A.directly&&&&&&&&&& B.safely&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.properly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.easily2.A.so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.such&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.very&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.too3.A.keep&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.repair&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.sell&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.throw4.A.anxious&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.lucky&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.ashamed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.generous5.A.some&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.neither&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.none&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.no one6.A.calm&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.upset&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.delighted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.astonished7.A.no&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.that 8.A.learn&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.miss&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.get&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.find9.A.message&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.advice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.request&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.description10.A.uses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.loses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.has&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.spends11.A.doubt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.help&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.trouble&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.answer12.A.tell&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.see&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.agree&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.call13.A.exact&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.suitable&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.early&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.late14.A.follow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.meet&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.bring&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.introduce&&&15.A.test&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.obtain&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.admire&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.recognize 16.A.failing&&&&&&&&&& B.meaning&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.turning&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.happening17.A.read&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.placed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.answered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.understood18.A.forget&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.show&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.disagree&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.admit19.A.clean&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.crowded&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.fast&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.light20.A.bargain&&&&&&&&& B.sale&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.accident&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.result
来源:单词与词组的拼写
题型:完型填空
五、Clozetest(完形填空)20分When Dave was eighteen,he bought asecond-hand car for £200 so that he could travel to and from work more  1  than by bus.It workedquite well for a few years,but then it got so old,and it was costing him  2  much in repairs that hedecided that he had better  3  it.He asked among his friends to see if anyonewas particularly  4&&to buy a cheap car,but theyall knew that it was falling to pieces,so& 5&&of them hadany desire to buy it.Dave's friend Sam saw that he was&6&&when they met one evening,and said,“What's& 7&,Dave?”Dave told him and Sam answered,“Well,what about advertising it in the paper?You may &&8&&more for it that way than the cost ofthe advertisement!” Thinking that Sam's &&9&&wassensible,he put an advertisement in an evening paper,which read:“For sale:smallcar,& 10&&very little petrol,only two owners.Bargain at £50.”For two days after the advertisement firstappeared,there was no &&11&.But then on Saturday eveninga man rang up and said he would like to& 12&&him aboutthe car.“All right,” Dave said,feeling happy.He asked the man whether teno'clock the next morning would be &&13&&ornot.“Fine,” the man said.“And I'll& 14&&my wife.We intendto go for a ride in it to &&15&&it.” The next morning,at ten quarter,Dave parkedthe car in the square outside his front door,& 16&&towait there for the person who had &&17&&hisadvertisement.Even Dave had to &&18&&that the carreally looked like a wreck.Then soon after he had got the car as &&19&&asit could be,a police car stopped just behind him and a policeman got out.Helooked at Dave's car and then said,“Have you reported this &&20&&tous yet,sir?”1.A.directly&&&&&&&&&&B.safely&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.properly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.easily2.A.so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.such&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.very&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.too3.A.keep&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.repair&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.sell&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.throw4.A.anxious&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.lucky&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.ashamed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.generous5.A.some&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.neither&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.none&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.no one6.A.calm&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.upset&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.delighted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.astonished7.A.no&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.that 8.A.learn&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.miss&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.get&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.find9.A.message&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.advice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.request&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.description10.A.uses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.loses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.has&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.spends11.A.doubt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.help&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.trouble&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.answer12.A.tell&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.see&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.agree&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.call13.A.exact&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.suitable&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.early&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.late14.A.follow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.meet&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.bring&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.introduce&&&15.A.test&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.obtain&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.admire&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.recognize 16.A.failing&&&&&&&&&&B.meaning&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.turning&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.happening17.A.read&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.placed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.answered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.understood18.A.forget&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.show&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.disagree&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.admit19.A.clean&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.crowded&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.fast&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.light20.A.bargain&&&&&&&&&B.sale&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.accident&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.result&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号当前位置: >[1] It's difficult enough to have privacy in a house, so privacy in a small dorm room is next to impossible. However, it can be done if both roommates are willing to cooperate. [2] Step1 Tie a scarf t 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
【1】 It's difficult enough to have privacy(隐私) in a house, so privacy in a small dorm room is nextto impossible. However, it can be done if both roommates are willing tocooperate.【2】 Step1 &Tie a scarf to the outside doorknob as asymbol of Do Not Disturb, but be careful not to do this too consistently. Warnyour roommate beforehand about possible days and times when this scarf will beon the door so your roommate will have time to make plans ahead of time insteadof it being a surprise, especially if you plan to have an overnight guest. Beconsiderate if your roommate needs to get into the room regardless of the scarfon the door to get something out of the dorm because it is his dorm room too.【3】 Step2 &If one roommate is a light sleeper andthe other is a heavy sleeper, the heavy sleeper could consider an alternate wayto wake himself up besides an alarm. Heavy sleepers tend to ignore alarms, butsometimes vibrating (震动的) cell phones feel like someone is shakingthem. It is also a quieter way to not disturb the light sleeping roommate usinga vibrating cell phone.【4】 Step3 &Take cell phone calls outside of theroom. Your roommate may not want to hear your conversation or you may want someprivacy, but your roommate should not have to leave every time you have a phonecall. The roommate who is not on the phone has no way of knowing how often youwill have phone calls and should not be put out because you do.【5】 Step4 &Ask if it' s okay to have a guest in theroom. Although your roommate is not your parent, and you may feel like this isyour room too, remember that ____&&&&&. He maynot want company when you do. If one roommate is more sociable than the otherand guests become a repeated argument, consider asking the resident director ifyou can swap( 交换) roommate with someone else.1.What does the passage mainly talk about? (no morethan 10 words)______________________________________________________________________2.Complete the following statement with proper words,(no more than 6 words)To avoid disturbing the light sleeper, _______________________is also a good way.3.Please fill in the blank in the passage with properwords, (no more than 6 words)_________________________________________________________________4.What does Step 3 suggest us? (no more than 10 words)_______________________________________________5.What does the underlined word &it& (line2, paragraph 1) probably refer to? (no more than 3 words)_______________________________________________&
【答案】1.How to have privacy in a dorm room2.using a vibrating cell phone3.it’s also his room4.Take cell phone calls outside the room5.Having privacy / privacy【解析】试题分析:这篇文章主要讲了如何在宿舍保留个人隐私。1.根据It's difficult enough tohave privacy(隐私) in a house, so privacy in a small dormroom is next to impossible.2.根据Heavy sleepers tend toignore alarms, but sometimes vibrating (震动的) cellphones feel like someone is shaking them. It is also a quieter way to notdisturb the light sleeping roommate using a vibrating cell phone.3.根据He may not want companywhen you do.4.根据Take cell phone callsoutside of the room.5.根据It's difficult enough tohave privacy(隐私) in a house, so privacy in a small dormroom is next to impossible.考点:日常生活类短文阅读理解点评:对于概括文章大意、标题,或指出作者写作的主要意图这一类型的题目,要快速浏览全文,抓住文章大意和主题句,明确作者的态度和意图。对于大多数文章而言,在第一段往往就交待了该文章的中心内容,首段中的首句或尾句通常会点明该段的中心,因此一般而言,通过归纳第一段的首尾句便可写出该文章的标题。在答题时,切记要有关键词,简明扼要,且不要出现语法错误。&
练习册系列答案
来源:2008年普通高等学校招生全国统一考试陕西卷英语试题
题型:阅读理解
Runners in a relay(接力) race pass a stick in one direction. However, merchants passed silk, gold, fruit, and glass along the Silk Road in more than one direction. They earned their living by traveling the famous Silk Road.The Silk Road was not a simple trading network. It passed through thousands of citied and towns. It started from eastern China, across Central Asia and the Middle East, and ended in the Mediterranean Sea. It was used from about 200 B, C, to about A, D, 1300, when sea travel offered new routes(路线) , It was sometimes called the world’s longest highway. However, the Silk Road was made up of many routes, not one smooth path. They passed through what are now 18 countries. The routes crossed mountains and deserts and had many dangers of hot sun, deep snow and even battles. Only experienced traders could return safe. The Silk Road got its name from its most prized product. Silk could be used like money to pay taxes or buy goods. But the traders carried more than just silk. Gold, silver, and glass from Europe were much found in the Middle East and Asia. Horses traded from other areas changed farming practices in China. Indian merchants traded salt and other valuable goods. Chinese merchants traded paper, which produced an immediate effect on the West. Apples traveled from central Asia to Rome. The Chinese had learned to graft(嫁接) different trees together to make new kinds of fruit. They passed this science on to others, including the Romans. The Romans used grafting to grow the apple. Trading along the Silk Road led to world-wide business 2,000 years before the World Wide Web.The people along the Silk Road did not share just goods. They also shared their beliefs. The Silk Road provided pathways for learning, diplomacy(外交), and religion (宗教)【小题1】It’s probable that traders along the Silk Road needed &&&&&&&&.A.to remember the entire trade routeB.to know the making of productsC.to receive certain special trainingD.to deal with a lot of difficulties【小题2】The Silk Road became less important because&&&&&&&&&.A.it was made up of different routesB.silk trading became less popularC.sea travel provided easier routesD.people needed fewer foreign goods【小题3】New technologies could travel along the Silk Road because people&&&&&&&&&.A.learned from one anotherB.shared each other’s beliefsC.traded goods along the routeD.earned their living by traveling【小题4】What is the best title for the passage?A.The Silk R Past and PresentB.The Silk R East Meets WestC.The Silk R Routes Full of DangersD.The Silk R Pathways for Learning
来源:学年福建省泉州一中高二上学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
Runners in a relay race pass a stick in one direction.However,merchants(商人) passed silk,gold, fruit,and g1ass along the Silk Road in more than one direction.They earned their living by traveling the famous Silk Road.The Silk Road was not a simple trading network. It passed through thousands of cities and towns. It started from eastern China, across Central Asia and the Middle East, and ended in the Mediterranean Sea. It was used from about 200 B.C. to about A.D.1300, when sea travel offered new routes (路线). It was sometimes called the world’s longest highway. However, the Silk Road was made up of many routes, not one smooth path. They passed through what are now 18 countries. The routes crossed mountains and deserts and had many dangers of hot sun, deep snow and even battles. Only experienced traders could return safe.The Silk Road got its name from its most prized product. Silk could be used like money to pay taxes or buy goods. But the traders carried more than just silk. Gold, silver, and glass from Europe were much found in the Middle East and Asia. Horses traded from other areas changed farming practices in China. Indian merchants traded salt and other valuable goods. Chinese merchants traded paper, which produced an immediate effect on the West. Apples traveled from centre Asia to Rome. The Chinese had learned to graft(嫁接) different trees together to make new kinds of fruit. They passed this science on to others, including the Romans. The Romans used grafting to grow the apple. Trading along the Silk Road led to world-wide business 2,000 years before the World Wide Web.The People along the Silk Road did not share just goods. They also shared&&& their beliefs.The silk Road provided pathways for learning,diplomacy(外交),and religion.·【小题1】It’s probable that traders along the Silk Road needed__________.A.to remember the entire trade routeB.to deal with a lot of difficultiesC.to receive certain special trainingD.to know the making of products【小题2】The Silk Road became less important because___________.A.sea travel provided easier routesB.silk trading became less popularC.it was made up of different routesD.people needed fewer foreign goods【小题3】New technologies could travel along the Silk Road because people_________·A.traded goods along the routeB.shared each other’s beliefsC.1earned from one another D.earned their living by traveling【小题4】What is the best title for the passage?A.The Silk Road: Pathways for LearningB.The Silk Road:Past and PresentC.The Silk Road: Routes Full of DangersD.The Silk Road:East Meets West
来源:2013届辽宁省朝阳县柳城高级中学高三上学期期末考试英语试卷(带解析)
When we think about giving help to developing countries, we often think about giving money so that these countries can build schools and hospitals, buy food and medicine, or find clean water supplies. These seem to be the most important basic needs of the people we are trying to help. However, it's far from enough. Ladies and gentlemen, we've got to come up with some better ideas to help them.I was very surprised, then, when I read about a plan to make cheap laptop computers for children in developing countries. A man called Nicholas Negroponte invented a cheap laptop computer and he planed to produce a lot and sell them to the children in developing countries at a low price after he visited a school in Cambodia. The laptop will be covered in rubber so that it is very strong and won't be damaged easily. The idea is that these computers will help the children's education as they will be able to surf the Internet. By improving children's education they should help people to find their own solutions to their problems in the long term.Another idea to help children in developing countries is to recycle old mobile phones so that they can be used again. In the UK, and probably in many other countries too, millions of mobile phones are thrown away every year. The waste created by throwing away these old phones is very bad for the environment, so it seems to be an excellent idea to recycle them. In this way we will be able to achieve two important goals at the same time. We will reduce the waste we produce and help others. In other words, we will be able to 'kill two birds with one& stone’, and that is always a good thing. 【小题1】It's an excellent idea to recycle old mobile phones because&&&&&&&& .A.it reduces waste and can help othersB.it prevents waste and can earn lots of moneyC.it can send the waste produced by developed countries to other countriesD.it is good for the environment and very educative for phone users【小题2】The author gives the example of Mr. Negroponte’s cheap computersA.to show what high technology can bring usB.to show the kindness of people in the developed countriesC.to show how to find business opportunities in developing countriesD.to give an example of how to help developing countries【小题3】Where does this passage probably come from?&&&&&&&& .A.A newspaper.B.A magazine.C.A lecture.D.An advertisement.
来源:年浙江台州中学高二上学期期中考试英语试卷
When we think about giving help to developing countries, we often think about giving money so that these countries can build schools and hospitals, buy food and medicine, or find clean water supplies. These seem to be the most important basic needs of the people we are trying to help. However, it's far from enough. Ladies and gentlemen, we've got to come up with some better ideas to help them.I was very surprised, then, when I read about a plan to make cheap laptop computers for children in developing countries. A man called Nicholas Negroponte invented a cheap laptop computer and he planed to produce a lot and sell them to the children in developing countries at a low price after he visited a school in Cambodia. The laptop will be covered in rubber so that it is very strong and won't be damaged easily. The idea is that these computers will help the children's education as they will be able to surf the Internet. By improving children's education they should help people to find their own solutions to their problems in the long term.Another idea to help children in developing countries is to recycle old mobile phones so that they can be used again. In the UK, and probably in many other countries too, millions of mobile phones are thrown away every year. The waste created by throwing away these old phones is very bad for the environment, so it seems to be an excellent idea to recycle them. In this way we will be able to achieve two important goals at the same time. We will reduce the waste we produce and help others. In other words, we will be able to 'kill two birds with one stone’, and that is always a good thing. 【小题1】It's an excellent idea to recycle old mobile phones because&&&&&&&&.A.it reduces waste and can help othersB.it prevents waste and can earn lots of moneyC.it can send the waste produced by developed countries to other countriesD.it is good for the environment and very educative for phone users【小题2】The author gives the example of Mr. Negroponte’s cheap computers&&&&&&&&.A.to show what high technology can bring usB.to show the kindness of people in the developed countriesC.to show how to find business opportunities in developing countriesD.to give an example of how to help developing countries【小题3】Where does this passage probably come from?&&&&&&&&.A.A newspaper.B.A magazine.C.A lecture.D.An advertisement.
来源:学年浙江省杭州十四中高二上学期期中考试英语试卷
题型:填空题
单词拼写(每题1分,共10分)【小题1】It’s clear that the little money he earns can hardly s______ a family as large as his.【小题2】The West Lake is one of the popular tourist a______ at home and abroad.【小题3】The goods you bought will be d______ to your house at noon tomorrow.【小题4】An accident is l______ to happen if you drive fast.【小题5】Make up a short dialogue, using the u______ phrases in the passage.【小题6】The Yellow River is one of the top ten rivers in l________ in the world.【小题7】Children are c________ to know everything they see.【小题8】Seeing the naughty boy making a noise, Father said to him, “B______ yourself!”【小题9】 Nowadays every classroom in our school is e______ with an overhead projector(投影仪).【小题10】He gave v________ excuses for not attending the meeting, but none was convincing.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 could you help to 的文章

随机推荐