Shei was illtaken ill suddenly. 这句英语中的“ill”是什么词性?

下面是小编为大家整理的定语从句短文,供大家参考。希望对大家写作有帮助!定语从句短文6篇定语从句短文篇1定语从句关系代词:who, whom, whose, which, that, as关系副词:when, where, why一、将下面的句子合并成带定语从句的复合句:1. This is the bag .
My mother bought it yesterday.2.Is this the shop .
It sells children’s clothing?3.This is the school .
Mr. Smith once taught in the school..4.The boy has two lovely dogs. He lives next door.5.Do you know the man ?
our teacher is talking to him?6.Yang Liwei is the first man who goes around the earth.
His parents are both teachers,7.Please give me the book. Its cover is blue.8This is the reason. For the reason he didn"t come to the meeting.9.We can’t believe the reason. He fold us the reason for his late.10.Do you still remember the day .we first met on the day?二、用所学过的关系代词或者关系副词填空1.This is the mountain village ________ I stayed last year. 2.This is the mountain village ________ I visited last year,. 3.I’ll never forget the days ________ I spent in the countryside. 4.I’ll never forget the days ________ I worked together with you. 5.I forget the time ________ he will come.6.I forget the time ________ he told me.7.The reason ________ he can’t come is that he is ill.8.The reason ________ he told me is not true.9.This is the factory ________ I visited last year.10.This is the factory _______ I worked last year.11.This is the factory _______ produces all kinds of TV sets.12.This is the reason ________ he was absent. 13.This is the reason _______ can explain his absence.三、定语从句专项练习题及答案1. This is the bag _____ my mother bought yesterday.
A. that
B. who
C. whom
D. this2. The man _____ lives next to us is my English teacher.
A. whom
B. which
C. who
D. /3. Do you know the man __________our teacher is talking to?
A. which
B. /
C. when
D. whose4. Please show me the book _____ you bought yesterday.
A. which
B. whom
C. whose
D. this5. Is this the shop _____ sells children’s clothing?
A. which
B. where
C. in which
D. what6. The boy _____ has two lovely dogs.
A. who live next door
B. which lives next door
C. whom lives next door
D. that lives next door7. Have you visited the house _____ the famous scientist was born?
A. where
B. in that
C. that
D. which8. Do you still remember the day _____ we first met?
A. that
B. when
C. what
D. on that9. The factory _____ Mr. Li used to work was closed last week.
A. when
B. where
C. that
D. which10. I still remember the sitting-room _____ my mother and I used to sit in the evening.
A. what
B. which
C. that
D. where11. It rained hard yesterday, ______ prevented me from going to the park.
A. that 
B. which  
C. as 
D. it12. This is the reason_____ he didn"t come to the meeting.
A. in which
B. with which
C. that
D. for which13. The reason _____he didn"t come was ______he was ill.
A. why; that
B. that; why
C. for that; that
D. for which; what14. He failed in the examination, __________ made his father very angry.
A. which B. it C. that D. what15. The girl __________ an English song in the next room is Tom’s sister.
A. who is singing
B. is singing
C. sang
D. was singing16. Can you lend me the novel __________ the other day?
A. that you talked
B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with
D. you talked about 17. I don’t like __________ you speak to her.
A. the way
B. the way in thatC. the way which
D. the way of which18. It was in 1969 __________ the American astronaut succeeded in landing on the moon.
A. that B. which C. when D. in which19. May the fourth is the day __________ we Chinese people will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which20. Yang Liwei, _________parents are both teachers, is the first man who goes around the earth.
A. who
B. whom
C. whose
D. who’s四、定语从句改错题1.Which we all know, swimming is a very good sport. 2.I shall never forget those years which I lived in the farm which you visited last week. 3.The radio set which I bought it last week has gone wrong. 4.Please put the letter which he can easily find it. 5.The house in the front of which there is a big tree was built more than 1000 years ago. 6.The reason why I was away from school is because I was ill yesterday. 7.It was a meeting that importance I didn"t realize at that time 8.She heard a terible noise , as brought her heart into her mouth. 9.The weather turned out to be very good, that was more than we could expect. 10.After living in Paris for fifty years he returned to the small town which he grew up as a child. 11.I shall never forget those years which I lived in the country with the farmers. 12.Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase , the price of whose was very reasonable. 13.Which has already been pointed out , grammar is not a set of dead rules. 14.Oh the wall hung a picture, which color is blue. 15.I don"t like the way which you speak to her.which  四.关系词的选择1. 在非限制性定语从句中,关系代词作主语,只能用who 指人,which指物;关系代词做宾语,常用whom(口语中有时用who)指人,which指物,它们都不能用that代替。2.关系代词作介词宾语,不论是在限制性定语从句中,还是在非限制性定语从句中,当介词前置时,只能用whom指人,which指物;但如果介词后置,则不受这种限制,关系代词还可以省去,特别是在口语中。如:Do you know the boy to whom she was talking?Do you know the boy (that) she was talking to?The pencil (which/that) he was writing with suddenly broke.3.在限制性定语从句中,当先行词指物时,关系词可用which或that,二者常可以互换;但在下列情况中,只能用that,不用which:(1) 当先行词是all, a lot, (a) little, few, much, none, anything, something, everything, nothing等词时。如:All that can be done has been done.In this factory I saw little / much that was different from ours.(2) 当先行词被all, any no, much, little, few, every等限定词所修饰时。如:We heard clearly every word that he said.(3) 当先行词是序数词或被序数词所修饰时。如:The first thing that should be done is to get the tickets.When people talk about Hangzhou, the first that comes to mind is the West Lake.(4) 当先行词是形容词最高级或被形容词最高级所修饰,以及先行词被序数词和形容词最高级同时修饰时,如:Is that the best that you can do?That’s the most expensive hotel that we’ve ever stayed in.This novel is the second best one that I have ever read.(5) 当先行词被 the very, the only, the next, the last等所修饰时。如:This is the very book that I want to find.(6) 当先行词为指人和指物的两个并列名词词组时。如:The guests spoke highly of the children and their performances that they saw at the Children’s Palace.She described in her compositions the people and places that impressed her most.(7) 当主句是以which开头的特殊疑问句时。如:Which is the car that killed the boy?4. 在限制性定语从句中,当先行词指人时,关系词可用who(m)或that,二者常可互换。但在下列情况中,用who(m),而不用that:(1) 当先行词是one, ones, any, few, anyone, anybody, someone, somebody, everyone,everybody等词时。如:Is there anyone who can answer this question?He was among the few who managed to live through the enemy prison camp.注:在非正式文体中可以说:You’re the one that knows where to go.)(2) 当先行词是he, they, those, people, person等词时。如:He who wants to catch fish just not mind getting wet.Those who are against the proposal put up your hands.注:在固定结构的谚语或习语中,可用he that…。如:He that promises too much means nothing.(3) 当先行词有较长的后置定语修饰时。如:Do you know the writer in blue with thick glasses who is speaking at the meeting?(4) 在分隔式定语从句中,若先行词指人,为了明确修饰关系,应当用who(m)。如:A new master will came tomorrow who will teach you German.There’s only one student in the school who/whom I wanted to see.I was the only person in my office who was invited.(5) 两个定语从句同时修饰一个指人的先行词,第二个定语从句常用who(m)来引导,如:She is the only girl I know who can play the guitar.5. 在限制性定语从句中,当先行词指人时,在下列情况中,一般用关系词that:(1) 当主句是以who或which开头的特殊疑问句时。如:Who is the man that is reading the newspaper over there?Which of us that knows anything does not know this?(2) 当先行词被形容词最高级或序数词所修饰时。如:He is the greatest man that has ever lived.(3) 当先行词被the only, the very, the last等词所修饰时。如:She is the only person that understands me.6. 当先行词被the same所修饰时,关系词既可以用as,也可以用that。在表示具体事物时,有时两者有一定的区别。一般说来,表示同一种类多用as,表示同一事物多用that。如:This is the same instrument that I used yesterday. 这就是我昨天用过的那台仪器。This is the same instrument as I used yesterday. 这台仪器跟我昨天用过的那台一样。在抽象概念上,同种类和同一事物是没有绝对区别的,所以两个词可换用:I have the same opinion as / that you have.这里要注意的是:(1) 使用as时,它引导的定语从句中的动词可以省略,但使用that时,定语从句中的动词不可省略。如:Women received the same pay as men.Women received the same pay that men received.(2) 在“the same…that”结构中,that只是用来加强语气,强调“相同”。that可以省去而不改变句子原意,甚至连名词前的same也可以省去。如:This is the same instrument that I used yesterday.= This is the same instrument I used yesterday.= This is the instrument I used yesterday.但在“the same…as”结构中,same和as都不能省略。(3) 当“the same…that”结构中的that作为关系副词用时,不可以直接与as互换。如:He lives in the same building that I live.= He lives in the same building as / that I live in.Shall we meet at the same place that we last met?= Shall we meet at the same place that / as we last met at?7. 当先行词前有such, so, as时,关系词应当用as。如:A wise man seldom talks about such things as he doesn’t understand.He spoke in such easy English as everybody could understand.At this time of the day, all buses and trolleys have to carry as many passengers as they can.It is so easy a book as every schoolboy can read.Let’s discuss such things as we can talk of freely.另需注意:This book is written in such easy English as beginners can understand.(定语从句)This book is written in such easy English that beginners can understand it.(结果状语从句)定语从句短文篇2定语从句概要: (这是有关定语从句的精要介绍,涵盖了有关定语从句的各个方面,供参考:) 引导定语从句的关联词包括关系代词和关系副词。关系代词有that, which, whose, who, whom, as;关系副词有when, where, why。关系代词和关系副词在定语从句中都充当一定的句法成份。关系代词在从句中充当动词的宾语时一般可以省略。 关系代词的选用比较复杂,受下列条件的制约: (1) 要看先行词是指人还是指物, (2) 要看关系代词在从句中句法功能, (3) 要看定语从句是限定性的还是非限定性的。 在定语从句中充当的成分 ↓ 用于限定性或非限定性从句 只用于限定性从句 指人 指物 指人或指物 主语 who which that 宾语 whom which that 谓语 whose whose (of which) That 只能用在限定性定语从句中,而who, whom, which, which 既可用于限定性定语从句中,也可用于非限定性定语从句。 I know that he is a man who means what he says. I know that he is a man that means what he says. 【我知道他是一个守信用的人。】 The gentleman whom she met addressed her with courtesy. The gentleman that she met addressed her with courtesy. 【她遇到的那位先生很有礼貌地向她打了招呼。】 The gentleman she met addressed her with courtesy.(在从句中充当动词宾语的关系代词,可以省略。) The watch which was lost has been found. The watch that was lost has been found. 【丢了的表找到了。】 Here is the material which you need. (注:现代美语中不允许这样用) Here is the material that you need. Here is the material you need. 【你要的材料在这儿了。】 You are the only one whose advice he might listen to. 他也就是听你的话吧。 关系副词的选用相对来说比较简单,如果先行词是表示时间的名词,如time, day 等,则用when, 如先行词为表示地点的名词,如place, house, area 等等,则选用where。如果先行词为reason 则选用why I will never forget the mountain village where I spent my childhood. I will never forget the mountain village in which I spent my childhood. 我永远也不会忘记我度过童年的那个小山村。 I don’t know the reason why he did that. I don’t know the reason for which he did that. 【我不知道他为什么这么做。】 当先行词是all, something, nothing 等不定代词时,或者先行词的前面有first, last, only, few, much, some, any, no 等词修饰时,或者先行词的前面有最高级修饰时,一般只用that 而不用which 来引导定语从句: I have explained everything that I can to you. I have explained everything I can to you. 【我已经尽一切可能把事情向你解释得一清二楚。】 This is the most beautiful campus that I have ever been to. This is the most beautiful campus I have ever been to. 【这是我见到的最美丽的校园。】 That’s all that I know. That’s all I know. 【我知道的就是这些。】 Can you tell me something that you know? Can you tell something you know? 【你能把你知道的一些情况告诉我吗?】 There is nothing that I cannot tell you. There is nothing I cannot tell you. 【我没有什么不能告诉你的事情。】 The first thing that we should do is to work out a plan. The first thing we should do is to work out a plan. 【我们应该做的头一件事就是订一个计划。】 The last place that we visited was the farm. The last place we visited was the farm. 【我们最后参观的地方是农场。】 还有一种定语从句,它的结构是:the same ….. as…, such … as 这里的as 可以指人或物,这里的as 引导的是限定性定语从句: Such furniture as is very popular is expensive. 一种很受欢迎的家具价钱昂贵。 We have successfully done the same experiment as you did. 你做过的那个试验我们已经成功地做完了。 It wasn’t such a computer as the advertisement had promised. 这种电脑可不是广告中说的那种电脑。 限定性定语从句与主句关系密切,为句中不可缺少的部分,如去掉,主句意思就不完整了。而非限定性定语从句与主句关系松散,如果去掉了,主句内容仍然完整。在书面语中非限定性定语从句一般补逗号隔开。非限定性定语从句一般不用that 引导。引导非限定性定语从句的关系词不可省略。 His speech, which bored everyone, went on and on. 他的讲话没完没了,真让人烦。 The general’s daughter, whose name is Jane, gave me a sweet smile. 将军的女儿名叫珍妮。她冲我笑了笑,笑得好甜啊。 非限定性定语从句中,先行词也可以是整个句子,一般用which 或as 来引导定语从句,which在从句中可充当主语、宾语等,as 在从句中一般只充当主语,which 与as 引导这类定语从句的区别在于:which 只能放在句子当中或句子末尾,而as 的位置比较灵活,可以放在句子当中、句子末尾,也可以放在句首。 As is known to all, too much stress can cause disease. Too much stress can cause disease, as is known to all. Too much stress can cause disease, which is known to all. 【众所周知,压力太大了,人会得病的。】 Water consists of hydrogen and oxygen, which is known to all. Water consists of hydrogen and oxygen, as is known to all. 【众所周知,水是由氢和氧组成的。】 关系代词在定语从句中有时也作介词的宾语。如果介词被置于关系代词前,一般只用介词加which 或介词加whom,而不用介词加that来引导定语从句。如果介词被置于从句句末,则可以使用that来代替which或whom,这时的that可以省略。 This is the ring on which she spent 1,000 dollars. 这就是她花了一千美元买的那枚戒指。 One of my colleagues whom you are familiar with will come today. One of my colleagues that you are familiar with will come today. One of my colleagues you are familiar with will come today. 我的一个同事,就是你非常熟悉的那个人,今天要过来。 定语从句短文篇3
定语从句学习导航:定语从句是英语三大类从句中最难的,其难点主要在于很多学生在学习时分不清先行词,不能正确使用关系代词、关系副词,不能正确理解定语从句中的一些特殊表达。因此,在学习定语从句时,搞清定语从句的概念,正确选择和使用关系词是最重要的。学习定语从句应从以下几点入手:1.正确判断先行词2.准确使用关系词3.区别定语从句、宾语从句与状语从句语法视窗一.定语从句概述定语可以由形容词、名词、代词、数词、分词、副词、不定式以及介词短语等来担任,也可以由一个句子来担任。在句子中起定语作用的从句称为定语从句。定语从句在句中的作用相当于形容词,故又称为形容词性从句。被定语从句修饰的名词叫先行词,引导定语从句的词叫关系词。二,关系词的用法关系词可分为关系代词和关系副词。关系词指代先行词,放在先行词与定语从句之间起连接作用,同时又充当定语从句中的某一种成分(主语、宾语、状语等)。引导定语从句的关系代词有that、who, whom、 whose, which;关系副词有when, where, why等。关系词在句子中的指代作用及成分如下页表格所示1关系代词的用法(1)who、whom的用法二者都用于指人。who在定语从句中作主语、宾语;whom在定语从句中作宾语。在现代英语里,有时who也可代替whom在从句中作宾语。作宾语的关系代词who、whom可以省略(介词后作宾语的关系代词除外)。She was the one who did most of the talking大部分时间都是她在说话。(作主语)The boy (who) I know studies best in his class我认识的那个男孩在班上学习最好。(作宾语)I happened to meet the professor(who/ whom) I got to know at a party.我碰巧遇见了那位在一次聚会上认识的教授。(作宾语,whom可用who代替)whom在从句中作介词的宾语,且介词提到whom前面时,不能用who代替。Yesterday I came across a few friends with whom I went to the park. 昨天我碰见了几个朋友,我和他们一起去了公园。(句中的whom不能用who代替)(2) whose的用法whose可以指人也可以指物,在定语从句中作定语Is she a teacher whose hair is very short?她是位头发很短的老师吗?He is the man whose car was stolen last night. 他就是昨晚被盗车辆的车士I like the room whose window looks out of the sea. 我喜欢那间窗户面朝大海的房间。 (3)which的用法which一般指物,在定语从句中作主语、宾语。作宾语的关系代词 which可以省略(放在介词后时除外)。The train which has just left is for Shenzhen. 刚开走的火车是驶往深圳的(作主语)The story(which) he told was very popular他讲的那个故事很有名。(作宾语)4)that的用法that可以指人或物,在从句中可作主语宾语或表语。作宾语或表语时可省略。作介词宾语时,介词不可以提到that之前,若介词提前,指物用which,指人用whomE-mail English is a new kind of written English that/ which is being used to save time.电子邮件英语是一种可以节约时间的新型书面英语。(作主语,指物)Jack is no longer the person( that/who/whom) I met five years ago.杰克不再是五年前我见到的杰克了。(作宾语,指人)Here"s the book(that/ which) you are looking for这正是你在找的书。(作宾语,指物)Mrs Evans is the person to whom you should write.埃文斯夫人就是那个你应该给她写信的人。(作介词的宾语,用whom不用that)2关系副词的用法关系副词在定语从句中充当状语,一般不可省略。(1)when的用法when指时间,在从句中作时间状语,它的先行词通常为time、day, morning、 night、week、year等表示时间的名词I"ll never forget the day when I won the prize.我永远不会忘记我获奖的那天。Do you remember the year when she went abroad?你记得她出国的那一年吗?I still remember the time when I travelled by plane.我仍然记得坐飞机旅行的那个时候(2) where的用法where指地点,在从句中作地点状语。它的先行词通常有 place, village, house、room、 building、town、 country等表示地点的名词This is the mountain village where I stayed last year这就是我去年待过的山村。Keep the books in a place where you can find them easily把书放在你容易找到的地方The building where we are working was built five years ago.我们的办公大楼是五年前修建的。(3)why的用法why指原因或理由,在定语从句中作原因状语,它的先行词通常为reason.Tell me the reason why she was late..请告诉我她迟到的原因I don"t want to listen to any reason why you were absent. 我不想听任何你缺席的理由三、定语从句的注意事项1用that不用 which的情况that和 which都可指物,在定语从句中又都可作主语或宾语。通常情况下,二者可互换使用,但有时that和 which不能互换。(1)当先行词是不定代词 all. little、few、much、 something、 anything、 everythingnothing、none、some等时He did everything that he could to help us.他做了一切能做的事来帮助我们。In this factory I found little that was different from ours.在这家工厂,我发现很少和我们工厂不同的地方。All the things that we can do are to give you some advice.我们能做的就是给你提供一些建议This is the very book that I want.这正是我想要的那本书Music is the only thing that interests me.音乐是唯一令我感兴趣的东西(3)先行词前有序数词或形容词最高级修饰或先行词本身就是序数词或形容词最高级时The first thing that we should do now is to find a local guide.我们现在要做的第一件事就是找一个当地的向导That"s the most expensive hotel that we ve ever stayed那是我们曾经住过的最贵的旅馆When people talk about Hangzhou, the first that comes into mind is the West Lake. 人们谈及杭州时,首先跃入脑海的就是西湖(4)当先行词既有人又有物时He was watching the children and parcels that filled with the car他望着满车的孩子和包裹。She described in her composition the people and places that interested her most.她在作文中描述了最让她感兴趣的一些人和地方(5)当主句是以who或 which开头的特殊疑问句时Who is the person that is standing at the gate?站在门口的那个人是谁?Which of us that knows something about physics cannot join electric wires?
我们中间懂物理的有谁不会接电线?2用 which不用that的情况(1)关系代词前有介词且指事物时The house in which I used to live has become a clothes shop.我过去住的房子现在变成了一家服装店The pen with which you are writing is Jeffs. 你正用来写字的那支笔是杰夫的(2)先行词本身就是that时What"s that which flashed in the sky just now?刚才天空中一闪而过的是什么东西I don" t like that which he did.我不喜欢他做的那件事。3用who不用that的情况(1)先行词是指人的不定代词时先行词如果是指人的不定代词或指示代词,如one、 anyone. everyone、no one、 all. nobody、 anybody、none、 those等,不宜用thatCongratulations to our winners and thanks to everyone who entered the competition.
向我们的获胜者祝贺,也感谢参与比赛的每个人。Those who have good manners will be respected.有良好礼节的人会受到人们的尊重(2)当先行词指人并含有较长的后置定语或在被分割的定语从句中时The professor is coming soon who will give us a talk on how to learn English给我们作关于如何学英语讲座的教授快要来了。The boy was crying hard who lost his way while looking for his mother找妈妈时迷了路的那个小男孩正哭得厉害。4定语从句中的主谓一致一般来讲,定语从句中的动词在人称和数方面应该与它的先行词保持一致。定语从句前是“ one of+可数名词复数”,从句的谓语动词用复数形式;是the only one of-+可数名词复数”,定语从句的谓语动词用单数形式。I am not one who is afraid of difficulty.我是个不怕困难的人。Anyone who has questions to ask, please come to my office this afternoon.有问题要问的人,请今天下午到我办公室来。That is one of the most expensive dictionaries that have come out in recent years.那本词典是近几年来所出版的最贵的词典之He is the only one of those workers who is able to do this job.他是那些工人中唯一能做此项工作的人。5定语从句中的时态定语从句中的时态一般不受主句影响,主要根据具体的语境和意义而定The professor who visited our school yesterday is from Canada.昨天参观我们学校的教授来自加拿大。The professor who is visiting our school now is from Canada.现在正在参观我们学校的教授来自加拿大。The professor who will visit our school tomorrow is from Canada.明天要来参观我们学校的教授来自加拿大。6先行词是way的定语从句当先行词是表示“方式,方法”意义的way时,定语从句用that或 in which引导,that和 in which可以省I don’t like the way(that/in which) he speaks to his mother.我不喜欢他跟他母亲讲话的方式定语从句短文篇4(
)1.I have a friend
has a good camera .
A.who
B.whom
C.whose
D.he(
)2.The man
Tom left this message for you .
A.named
B.has named
C.whom named
D.who named(
)3.The man
is our new teacher .
A.whom you spoke
B.whom you spoke to
C.with whom you spoke
D.you spoke with whom(
)4.Do you work near the building
color is yellow ?
A.that
B.which
C.whose
D.its(
)5.Here is the girl
school bag has been stolen .
A.who
B.whom
C.whose
D.her(
)6.The number of people
lost homes reached as many as 250,000.
A.who
B.whom
C.whose
D.which(
)8.The car
my uncle had just bought was broken .
A.that
B.whom
C.who
D.whose (
)9.The boy
we saw yesterday was John"s brother .
A.which
B.who
C.whose
D.what(
)10.The swimmer
you are asking is over there .
A.whom
B.which
C.whose
D.what(
)11.The building
windows are bright at night is our school building .
A.which
B.that
C.whom
D.whose(
)12.He helped his father in the small town
they lived .
A.which
B.that
C.when
D.where(
)13.That"s the science museum
we visited last year .
A.where
B.to which
C.which
D.in which(
)14.This is the house
we used to sleep .
A.where
B.which
C.that
D.when(
)15.I"m one of the boys
never late for school .
A.that is
B.who is
C.who are
D.who am(
)16.He is the most boring speaker
I have ever heard .
A.who
B.that
C.whose
D.which(
)17.He is the last person
I want to see .
A.who
B.whom
C.that
D.which(
)18.John was the only one
I had visited .
A.which
B.that
C.what
D.as(
)19.The boy handed everything
he had picked up in the street to the police .
A.which
B.what
C.that
D.whatever(
)20.There is nothing in the world
can frighten him .
A.that
B.who
C.which
D.whom(
)21.The man and the horse
fell into the river were all wet .
A.which
B.who
C.of which
D.that(
)22.Which of these trains is the one
goes to Nanjing ?
A.which
B.of which
C.of these
D.that(
)23.Look at the girl and the dog
are crossing the bridge .
A.which
B.who
C.they
D.that(
)24.I"ll never forget the days
I stayed in your beautiful country .
A.when
B.in which
C.on which
D.on that(
)25.September 18th,1931 is the day
we"ll never forget .
A.when
B.on which
C.on that
D.that(
)26.I know a place
we can have a quiet talk .
A.which
B.where
C.when
D.that(
)28.The only language
is easy to learn is the mother language .
A.which
B.whose
C.that
D.it(
)30.The dictionary
is sold out in the bookshop .
A.you need
B.which you need it
C.what you need
D.that you need it(
)31.Is this the shop
sells children"s clothes ?
A.what
B.which
C.in which
D.where(
)32.The company
I visited last year was not the one
I once worked in .
A.which ,which
B.where ,which
C.which ,that
D.where ,where (
)34.I don"t like the people
lose their bikes easily .
A.whose
B.which
C.who
D.whom(
)36.Bamboo grows best in the place
it is warm and rains often .
A.which
B.where
C.that
D.as(
)37.Is this museum
some German friends visited last Sunday ?
A.that
B.where
C.which
D.the one(
)38.Is this factory
you visited last month ?
A.that
B.where
C.in which
D.the one(
)39.Is this the factory
he worked twenty years ago ?
A.that
B.where
C.which
D.the one(
)40.Those
not only from books but also through practice will succeed .
A.learn
B.who
C.that learn
D.who learn(
)41.A room
we do experiment is a lab .
A.where
B.that
C.which
D.in that(
)42.Mr. Smith is one of the foreign experts who
in China .
A.works
B.is working
C.are working
D.has been working(
)43.Don"t talk about such things
you are not sure of .
A.that
B.what
C.those
D.as(
)44.This is the very boy
parents were killed in the war .
A.who
B.that
C.whose
D.whom(
)45.This is the one of the best books
ever been written .
A.that has
B.that have
C.which has
D.which have(
)46.I will give your daughter a toy plane
she would like to play .
A.which
B.that
C.for which
D.with which(
)47.The magazine
Betty paid one dollar was very good .
A.that
B.which
C.for which
D.to which(
)48.The train
she was travelling was late .
A.which
B.where
C.on which
D.in that(
)49.Do you know the woman
bag is green ?
A.that
B.her
C.which
D.whose(
)50.LiDan told us about the schools and teachers
he had visited .
A.who
B.that
C.which
D.where(
)51.Who is the old woman
is speaking over there ?
A.whom
B.which
C.that
D.who(
)52.Mary is one of the foreign teachers who
in China .
A.is working
B.works
C.has worked
D.work(
)53.Mary is the one of the foreign teacher who
in China .
A.is working
B.work
C.have worked
D.are working(
)54.Is this farm
we worked last summer ?
A.where
B.that
C.the one
D.which(
)55.Is this the farm
we worked last autumn ?
A.where
B.the one
C.whom
D.that(
)56.The note book
cover is red is hers .
A.who
B.whose
C.in which
D.that(
)57.It is the very book
I need .
A.to which
B.that
C.where
D.whose(
)58.There was nothing in the world
she was afraid of .
A.which
B.that
C.where
D.whose(
)59.We found little
she didn"t know about history .
A.what
B.whose
C.that
D.whom(
)60.This is the third city
the foreign friends have visited .
A.where
B.which
C.that
D.whom(
)61.The best dictionaries
we bought from the the bookshop are all here .
A.which
B.that
C.who
D.whose(
)62.The woman
I am going to meet at the bus station is an old friend of mine .
A.with that
B.who
C.with whom
D.whose(
)63.This is the room
all of you
A.which,live on
B.that,live in
C.which ,lives on
D.that,lives on(
)64.Could you tell me
you have bought this ticket?
A.by whom
B.to whom
C.with whom
D.for whom(
)65.The girl
an English song in the next room is Tom"s sister .
A.who is singing
B.is singing
C.sang
D.was sing(
)66.The house
we saw at the foot of the hill was built ten years ago .
A.which
B.where
C.what
D.in which二、在横线上填入合适的关系代词:1.The man
is speaking at the meeting is a driver .2.Is this the driver
you talked about yesterday .3.The letter
I receive yesterday was from Lily .4.Kate is the person to
you should write .5.I hate people
talk too much but do little .6.The book
I borrowed from the library was new .7.The girl
came to our class is Lucy .8.The bike
is made in Tian jin sells well .9.The room
the children cleaned was very big .10.The man
gave me the book is Mr Green .11.The girl to
I talked just now is from the USA .12.The boy
I met on the way to school is Mary .13.He is the man
is living in the country .14.I know the man
you talked to just now .15.He told me all
he knew .二、填入适当的关系代词:1.The magazine
I borrowed from the library was newly published .2.The ID card
I lost last week was found in a supermarket .3.The newspapers
we have collected will be recycled .4.Most of the cars
were stolen have not been found yet .5.The students
are visiting the natural museum are very interested in the dinosaurs .6.The girl
is taking care of the baby is my aunt"s baby-sitter.7.All the women
were working in that factory had a day off on Women"s Day .8.The house
we live in is very old .9.Those are the shoes
I lost last week .10.That is the man
found my handbag .11.Lucy can"t eat food
had chocolate in it .12.The car
my uncle bought last month is very beautiful .13.The village
Guo Peng lives in is very far from here .14.The boy
is wearing the black jacket is very clever .15.I hate people
talk much but do little .16.The detective found the thieves
robbed the bank .17.My aunt works in a university
had over five thousand students .18.The necklace
she is wearing is nice .19.I didn"t see the man
took my book .20.We were very grateful to the doctor
treated the boy .21.My brother broke the digital camera
I bought last week .22.Most people
live less developed countries are quite poor .23.Jim"s Dad doesn"t like coffee
had milk in it .24.People
use credit cards to buy things online should be very careful .25.The girl
came to our class is Lucy .一、选择填空:(
)1.I think this is the most beautiful dress
I own .
A.which
B.who
C.where
D.that(
)2.That is the man
grows flowers in the garden .
A.which
B.who
C.how
D.likes(
)3.This is the most interesting story
I have ever read .
A.that
B.which
C.what
D.who(
)7.Those
live in the country can go home now .
A.who
B.where
C.which
D.when(
)5.Here is the bag
was lost last night .
A.which
B.it
C.who
D.when(
)6.The animal that
like a pig is Mr Green"s .
A.look
B.is looked
C.looks
D.looked for(
)7.Is this the book that
?
A.steal
B.stole
C.was stolen
D.stolen(
)8.The man was the thief
stole my book .
A.which
B.who
C.whose
D.he(
)9.
which I read last night is about music .
A.Books
B.The books
C.A book
D.The book (
)10.I don"t like people who
much .
A.is talking
B.talks
C.has talked
D.talk(
)11The men
were all office workers .
A.which I talked
B.to those I talked
C.those I talked to
D.I talked to (
)12.The train
Mary caught was the 8:10 train .
A.to which
B.who
C.that
D.but(
)13.He had the same trouble that I
last year .
A.have
B.had
C.had had
D.have had(
)14.Those who
from Class One stand here .
A.is
B.are
C.has
D.was(
)15.Those
want to buy the house may write their names here .
A.what
B.who
C.will
D.which(
)16.Which is the bike
is made in Shanghai .
A.those
B.that
C.where
D.who(
)17.I don"t know the man my mother is
A.speaking
B.speak
C.speaking to
D.speak to(
)18.We were very grateful to the vet
treated our dog .
A.who
B.which
C.where
D.those(
)19.Is this the book
you want ?
A.that
B.who
C.whose
D.whom(
)20.The book
Betty paid one yuan was very good .
A.that
B.which
C.on which
D.for which(
)21.Is this the factory
you visited the other day?
A.that
B.where
C.in which
D. the one (
)22.Is this factory ______ some foreign friends visited last Friday?
A.that
B.where
C.which
D. the one (
)23.Is this the factory _______ he worked ten years ago?
A.that
B.where
C.which
D. the one (
)24.I have bought the same dress ______ she is wearing.
A. as
B. that
C.which
D. what (
)25.We’re talking about the piano and the pianist _______ were in the concert we attended last night.
A. which
B.whom
C.who
D.that (
)26.The girl ______ an English song in the next room is Tom’s sister.
A. who is singing
B.is singing
C.sang
D.was singing (
)27.Can you lend me the novel ______ the other day?
A.that you talked
B.you talked about it
C.which you talked with
D.you talked about (
)28. —“How do you like the book?”—“It"s quite different from ______ I read last month.”
A.that
B.which
C.the one
D.the one what (
)29.The train ______ she was travelling was late.
A.which
B.where
C.on which
D.in that (
)30.Do you know which hotel _______?
A. she is staying
B. she is staying in
C. is she staying
D. is she staying in 定语从句短文篇5定语从句【真题对接】1、(2014江苏卷)22. The book has helped me greatly in my daily communication, especially at work
a good impression is a must.A. which
B. when
C. as
D. where【答案】D本题定语从句的先行词是work,后面的定语从句a good impression is a must的句子结构很完整,所以使用关系副词在句中做状语,同时也引导起这个定语从句。句意:在日常交流中这本书书帮助了很多,尤其是在需要有良好印象的工作之中。AC两项都是关系代词在句中不能做状语,when的先行词通常都是指时间的名词。故D正确。2、(2013·江苏,32)The president of the World Bank says he has a passion for China,________he remembers starting as early as his childhood.
A.where
B.which
C.what
D.when答案 B 句意为:世界银行行长说,他热爱中国,这种热爱他记得早在他的童年时期就开始了。which指代“热爱中国”。3、(2012·江苏高考)After the flooding, people were suffering in that area, _______ urgently needed clean water, medicine and shelter to survive. A. which
B. who
C. where
D. what选B。考查who引导的非限制性定语从句。句意:洪灾过后,那个地区的人们正在受苦,他们急需洁净的饮用水、医药和庇护场所以便生存。先行词people在非限制性定语从句中充当主语,所以用关系代词who引导。故选B项。4、(2011·江苏高考)Between the two parts of the concert is an interval,
________ the audience can buy ice-cream. A. when
B. where
C. that
D. which选A。考查关系副词when引导的非限制性定语从句。句意:音乐会的两部分中间有幕间休息时间,在这段时间里观众可以去买冰激凌。when引导的定语从句修饰an interval,when在从句中作时间状语。先行词为an interval,非限制性定语从句的功能就是对先行词进行补充说明。所以正确答案为A。【巩固演练】5、 (2013·南京模拟) How many students are there in your class _________ homes are in the country? A. whose
B. who
C. whom
D. which选A。考查定语从句。句意:你们班里有多少家住在农村的学生?先行词是students, in your class分隔了先行词和关系代词,后面homes,需要表示所有关系的关系代词,故选A。6、The 100-year Starship project, __________ was set up by the USA, plans to develop huge “starships” to send humans into space. A. that
B. which
C. where
D. who选B。考查定语从句。句意:美国创立的“百年星舰”项目计划建造大型“星际飞船”,把人类送往太空。which引导非限制性定语从句修饰先行词project,且在从句中作主语。that不能引导非限制性定语从句;where引导定语从句时在从句中作地点状语;who引导定语从句时,指人。7、It’s London ________ Ye Shiwen got worldly recognized for her excellent performance in the swimming pools. A. where
B. that
C. in which
D. which选A。考查定语从句和强调句的区别。句意:是在伦敦叶诗文靠着她在泳池里的杰出表现得到了全世界的认可。本句中先行词是London, 在后面句中作状语,所以用where, 易误选that, 但是这里不是强调句,故选A。8、Twenty-eight people were dead in the US schooling shooting,
_______ there were twenty kids. A. of them
B. of whomC. in that
D. in which选B。考查定语从句。句意:在美国校园枪击案中有28人丧生,其中有20名儿童。of whom引导定语从句,of表示范围,意为“在……中”。 9、Traveling,especially traveling abroad,has become a fashion,
_______ is common even in the western area in China. A. that
B. it
C. as
D. in which选C。考查非限制性定语从句。句意:旅游尤其是出国旅游已经成为一种时尚,这甚至在中国的西部地区也很常见了。代指上文提到的情况,可以用as或which, 故选C。10、Yao Ming announced his retirement formally on July the 20th, 2011 _________ he will never forget in his life. A. when
B. on whichC. for which
D. that选D。考查定语从句的用法。句意:姚明在2011年7月20日正式宣布了他的退役,这一天他一生都不会忘记。先行词是July the 20th, 2011,注意分析句式可知,这个时间在从句中不作状语,而是宾语,所以应用that或which, 故选D。【专项练习】1. Is this the website _____ we visited to buy the MP3 yesterday?
A. the one
B. one
C. in which
D. / 2. How many students are there in your class _____ relatives were killed in the earthquake?
A. whose
B. who
C. whom
D. which 3. They stayed with me for three weeks, _____ they drank all the wine I had.
A. which
B. which time
C. during which time
D. during that time 4. He studied hard and later became a well-known writer, _____ his father expected.
A. that was what
B. what was that
C. and which was
D. which was what
5. Nowadays, many people tend to eat a lot but take little exercise, _____ they fall ill easily.
A. in which
B. at which
C. in case which
D. as a result of which 6. The young man learned the techniques in Beijing, _____ he went back to his hometown and set up a factory.
A. after which
B. after that
C. in which
D. in that 7. He may have to go to hospital, _____ he won’t be going on holiday.
A. where
B. in which
C. in which case
D. in that case 8. The thought of having a big meal at home was all _____ kept him happy while he was on the bus.
A. that
B. what
C. those
D. which 9. Who is the woman _____ is sweeping the floor over there?
A. which
B. /
C. that
D. when10. The foreign guests, _____ were government officials, were warmly welcomed at the airport.
A. most of them
B. most of whom
C. most of that
D. most of those11. The expected results _____ Zhu Zhiwen had worked hard seemed hopeful to him.
A. after which
B. for which
C. with which
D. at which 12. All of us want very much to read these recommended novels, especially _____ you referred to just now.
A. as
B. which
C. the one
D. that 13. The English play _____ the famous actor acted was a great success.
A. for which
B. at which
C. in which
D. on which 14. I enjoyed the pictures of the river and they brought back the old days _____ I swam in it.
A. when
B. that
C. who
D. where 15. We have eight managers in our company, and five of _____ are in their twenties.
A. them
B. whom
C. who
D. which16. The place _____ the hotel is supposed to be built should be _____ the traffic is the most convenient.
A. which; where
B. at which; where
C. at which; which
D. which; in which 17. We hope that the measures to control the high prices of houses, _____ are taken by the government, will work.
A. that
B. where
C. which
D. what18. Smoking is a bad habit, _____ you should get rid of.
A. it
B. that
C. why
D. one
19. By 16:30, _____ was almost closing time, nearly all the paintings had been sold. (2012江西)
A. which
B. when
C. what
D. that20. After the flooding, people were suffering in that area, _____ urgently needed clean water, medicine and shelter to survive. (2012江苏)
A. which
B. who
C. where
D. what
21. I can remember very few occasions _____ he had to ask for leave because of ill health.
A. who
B. which
C. why
D. when
22. People who were injured or _____ houses were destroyed in the earthquake were in urgent need of help.
A. what
B. whose
C. which
D. that
23. In many cases, Westerners don’t understand body language the way _____.
A. we do them
B. we do
C. which we do
D. where we do24. It was from some simple raw materials, such as wood and steel, which he bought from the market _____ my father made such elegant chairs.
A. where
B. that
C. when
D. which25. This is a subject _____ we might argue for a long while.
A. of which
B. with which
C. about which
D. into which26. During my stay there, my friend showed me around the city, _____ was very kind of him.
A. which
B. that
C. where
D. it27. It has been raining since the morning, _____ prevents me from going to the park.
A. that
B. which
C. what
D. it28. My friend tells me that the doctor _____ is leaving for Shanghai next month.
A. the nurse is talking to him
B. whom the nurse is talking
C. the nurse is talking to
D. who the nurse is talking[来源:Z#xx#k.Com]29. Barbara went back to the US a couple of months ago, by _____ time she had learned some Chinese folk dance.
A. which
B. that
C. what
D. whose30. There was _____ time _____ this style of dress was popular with young girls.
A. a; that
B. a; when
C. the; that
D. the; when参考答案及解析:1-5 DACDD
6-10 ACACB
11-15 BCCAA16-20 BCDAB
21-25 DBBBC
26-30 ABCAB定语从句短文篇6学习必备欢迎下载1.Mr.Smithisateacher.Heisverystrict.2.ThegirliscalledMary.Isawheryesterday.3.Therearetwoothersharks.Theyarefierce.4.Thisisthefactory.Ivisiteditlastyear.5.Thisisthemostexcitingmoment.Iwillneverforgetit.6.Ihavefoundsuchbooks.Theyarebeneficialtous.7.Iboughtthesamedress.Youworethedressyesterday.8.Heissuchakindteacher.Wealllikehim.9.ThehouseisTom’s.Itsdoorfacessouth.10.ThehouseisTom’s.Thedoorofthehousefacessouth.11.Workersbuiltsheltersforthesurvivors.Theirhomeshadbeendestroyed.12.Workersbuiltsheltersforthesurvivors.Thehomesofthemhadbeendestroyed.13.Tomhasagoldwatch.Itshandsaremadeofdiamond.14.Hehastwosons,andbothofthemareteachers.15.Therearemanyoldbuildings,andmanyofthemhavebeenpulleddown.16.Thereisabeautifulhouse,andinfrontofitsitsalittlegirl.17.Heisahero,andweareallproudofhim.18.Wehavenomoney.Webuyfoodwithmoney.19.Thisisthebook.Iaminterestedinit.20.Thisisthevillage.Ivisitedlastweek.21.Thisisthevillage.Iwasborninthevillage.22.Iwillneverforgettheday.Ispentitwithyoulastsummer.学习必备欢迎下载23.Iwillneverforgettheday,andonthatdayIjoinedthearmy.24.Thehousehasbeenpulleddown.Igrewupinit.25.Thereasonisproper.Hegaveusthereason.26.Thereasonwasthathemissedhistrain.Forthatreasonhewaslate.27.Idon’tliketheway.Heexplainsthewaytous.28.Idon’tliketheway.Shetreatsherchildreninthatway.29.She’llneverforgetherstaythere.Shefoundherlostsonduringherstay.30.Aftergraduationshereachedapointinhercareer.Sheneededtodecidewhattodo.31.Laterinthechaptercaseswillbeintroducedtoreaders.Inthesecases,consumercomplaintshaveresultedinchangesinthelaw.32.Thepilotranintoasituation.Hemayhavelostthecontroloftheplane.33.Wearrivedatnoon.Theplaywasoverbythen.34.Hewasastudentatthisschoolfrom1999to2003.HestudiedhardandwaselectedchairmanoftheStudents’Unionthen.35.ThecapitalcityofGreeceisAthens,andithasalonghistory.36.HewaskilledonOct.,1949,andonthatdayhejoinedtheParty.37.Hecompletedcollegeat15,andIcouldhardlybelieveit.38.Hefailedtheexamagain.Wehadexpectedit.39.Heisoneofthestudents.Theyareoftenlateforschool.40.Heistheonlyoneofthestudents.Hewasoftenlateforschool.推荐访问:从句
定语
短文
定语从句短文
定语从句短文
定语从句短文语法填空

我要回帖

更多关于 i was ill 的文章

随机推荐