I'm pretty tied up all week . how about putting upit off two weeks from today 翻译成中文是什么意思?

56Unit 1 Invitation Etiquette
上亿文档资料,等你来发现
56Unit 1 Invitation Etiquette
Unit|One;InvitationEtiquette;Unit|One; ?invite?invitation?decl;Unit|One; UnitGoals:;WhatYouShouldLearntoDo;1.Makeanoralinvitationto;WhatYouShouldKnowAbout;1.Invitationculture:West;
Unit | OneInvitation EtiquetteUnit | One ? invite ? invitation ? decline ? congratulation ? movie ? drag ? embassy ? request ? suggestion ? _____down ,_____ down, ____ down then ______ downUnit | One Unit Goals:What You Should Learn to Do1. Make an oral invitation to: invite people to join daily activities invite people to formal occasions 2. Make a written invitation (write an invitation card or a letter) for: personal invitation official occasions 3. Give a reply to: an oral invitation a written invitationWhat You Should Know About1. Invitation culture: Western and Chinese 2. Word order in a subordinate clauseUnit | One ContentsTalking Face to FaceSection ⅠSection ⅤAppreciating Culture TipsSection ⅡBeing All EarsSection ⅢSection ⅣMaintaining a Sharp EyeTrying Your HandUnit | One Section I Talking Face to FaceImitating Mini-talks Acting out the Tasks Studying Invitation Cards and Letters Following Sample Dialogues Putting Language to UseSpeak and ReciteSpeak and PerformStudy and ImitateImitate and Perform Speak and Complete Speak and Translate Speak and CommunicateUnit | One SECTION I Talking Face to FaceImitating Mini-talksSpeak and Recite 1 Work in pairs. Look at the picture and recite the following mini-talks for making invitations and giving responses.1) Inviting friends to a party Sally: Hello, William. What’re you going to do tomorrow evening? William: Tomorrow evening? Nothing special. Sally: I’m inviting a few friends to my daughter’s birthday party. How would you like to join us? William: Great. That would be super. Congratulations!2) Inviting friends to a dinner Mary: We’d love to have you over for dinner Saturday. (We’d love to ask you for dinner together Saturday.) Robert: Oh, thank you. What time should I come? Mary: How about eight o’clock? Robert: OK. Thank you for inviting me.BackUnit | One 3) Inviting friends to a movie Paul: What’re you doing on Saturday night? Molly: I’m not sure. Why? Paul: Well, I was thinking of asking you to go to a movie with me this weekend. Molly: Oh, why not? 4) Declining an invitation to go roller-skating Mike: Would you like to go roller-skating with me this Saturday afternoon? Sarah: Saturday afternoon? I’m afraid I won’t be able to. Mike: What about Sunday afternoon? Sarah: That would be nice. 5) Declining an invitation to go out to dinner Steve: Well, thank goodness it’s Friday, Jean. Cindy: Yes, it was a long week, Ken. Steve: Would you like to go out to dinner tonight? I’d like to take you somewhere really special. Cindy: Oh, thanks, but ... maybe some other time. I’m very busy tonight. Window on Key Words 好极了 祝贺 滑旱冰BackUnit | One Acting out the TasksSpeak and Perform 2 Work in pairs and act out the tasks by following the above mini-talks. 1 Task: Suggest going skiing with your friend. 2 Task: Invite your friend to go to a concert on Friday evening. 3 Task: Invite your friend to go to the early show of the movie “My Fair Lady”. 4 Task: Decline your friend’s invitation to go dancing next Friday afternoon. 5 Task: Decline your friend’s invitation to go out to dinner.● Refer to the Data Bank in the Workbook for more relevant expressions.BackUnit | One Studying Invitation Cards and LettersStudy and Imitate 3 Invitation cards are often used for inviting people. Now let’s read the following invitation cards and letters and try to use the information in them in your face-toface talks.BackUnit | One BackUnit | One Questions? 1.Does William like watching TV ? Yes, I think so. ? 2.What will Wang do tomorrow evening ? He is having a few friends to have a dinner party tomorrow to celebrate his daughter’s birthday.? 3.Will William want to go to the party ?Yes, he’d love to. ? 4.Can William bring somebody along to come to the party ?Yes, of course.Unit | One Following Sample DialoguesImitate and Perform 4 Read the following sample dialogues and try to perform your own tasks.1) Inviting Friends to a Party Wang: Hello, William. What are you doing tomorrow evening? William: Tomorrow evening? Nothing special, I was thinking of watching TV. Wang: Drag yourself away from television for a change. I’m having a few friends to have a dinner party tomorrow to celebrate my daughter’s birthday. How would you like to join us? William: Great. That would be super. Congratulations! Wang: Thank you. How about eight o’clock? Is that OK? William: Oh yes, fine. Would it be alright if I brought somebody with me? Wang: Yes, of course. William: OK. Fine. Do you want me to bring something to drink? Red wine or white? Wang: Um, white wine, if you feel you must bring something. But it’s not necessary. William: I’ll do that. Well, indeed, thank you very much for inviting me. Wang: My pleasure. Back William: I’ll be along at eight. Looking forward to it. Wang: Yeah, see you then. Unit | One Notes? 1.Nothing special 没什么特别的事。 ? There isn’t any special thing here. ? 2. Drag yourself away from television for a change. ? Change your plan about watching TV. 别看电视了,改个计划 ? 3.How would you like to join us? 加入我们,怎么样? ? Would you like to join us ? 4. That would be super. 那真是太棒了 That’ s wonderful. 5. How about eight o’clock? 八点怎么样? What about eight o’clock? 6. Would it be alright if I brought somebody with me? Can I bring somebody with me to take the party ? 我能带别人一起去参加聚会吗?Unit | One Questions? 1.What is Mr. Smith going to do on Friday?Mr. Johnson and Mr. Smith have promised to call on some friends at the embassy.? 2.What did Chang have in mind ?He and his family were thinking of asking Mr. Smith and Mr. Johnson to go to the Great Wall.? 3.What arrangement are they going to do?They’ll go to the Great Wall on Saturday.Unit | One 2) Declining an Invitation Chang: Are you doing anything special on Friday, Mr. Smith?Smith: Yes, Mr. Johnson and I have promised to call on some friends at theembassy. Chang: Oh, what a pity! Smith: What did you have in mind? Chang: We were thinking of asking you and Mr. Johnson to go to the Great Wall. Smith: I’d love to and I’m sure Mr. Johnson would, too. I wonder if we could make it some other time if it is convenient. Chang: What about Saturday? But I need to alert you that the coach will leave quite early at 7 o’clock. Smith: I’ll ask Mr. Johnson if he has any plans, but I think it’ll be all right. Suppose I give you a ring this afternoon and let you know. Chang: That would be fine.BackUnit | One Notes? 1. Mr. Johnson and I have promised to call on some friends at the embassy. ? Mr. Johnson and I will visit some friends at the embassy. ? 我和约翰逊先生约好去拜访大使馆的几位朋友。 ? 2. What did you have in mind? ? What was your idea? ? 你有什么主意?(你之前是怎么想的) ? 3. I wonder if we could make it some other time if it is convenient. ? Can we change the time to go to the Great Wall. ? 我在想如果可以的话咱们是否可以改下时间? 4.alert : warn 警告,提醒5.coach: bus 长途大巴6. I’ll ask Mr. Johnson if he has any plans I’ll ask Mr. Johnson if is free on Saturday 我会问约翰逊先生到时是否有别的安排Unit | One Putting Language to UseSpeak and Complete 5 Imagine you are inviting your friend Bill to a concert tonight, but he happens to have to finish a term paper. Complete the following conversation with him by filling in the blanks. What are you doing tonight Bill? You: 1 ________________________,Bill: I’m not sure. Why? I was wondering if you would like to go to a concert with me. You: Well, _________________Bill: Tonight? 3 ____________. write a term paper I wish I could But I really have to stay in and 4 ________________. You: That’s too bad. Bill: It is. Going to a concert sounds like a lot more fun than writing a term paper. You: Oh, maybe 5 _____________________. We should try and do something some other time then together soon. Bill: 6 ______________. Let’s talk about it together later. That’s right You: OK. See you later.BackUnit | One Speak and Translate6 Imagine you are a friend of Jennifer. Tomorrow is your birthday. You are inviting her to come to your birthday party. Fill in the blanks according to the Chinese version provided. You: Jennifer, 1 _____________________________________________ are you doing anything special tomorrow evening ? (你明天晚上有什么特别的事吗?) Jennifer: No, nothing special. I’d like to invite you to come to my birthday party. Would you like to You: 2 __________________________________________________________ join us ? (我想请你参加我的生日聚会。你愿意来吗?) ________ Jennifer: Yes, I’d love to. You: 3 __________________________ Good. Will you come at 7:00 ? (好的,你在七点钟来好吗?) Jennifer: Oh, yes, fine. Do you want me to bring something to drink? Orange juice or lemonade? You: 4 ____________________________________ Lemonade if you must bring something . (如果你一定要带什么的话,就带柠檬汁吧。) Jennifer: I’ll do that. Thank you very much for inviting me.BackUnit | One Speak and Communicate7 Imagine you are a friend of Mary’s. You are asking her to go to a movie. Play your role according to the clues given in brackets.You: 1 (问对方这个周末打算做什么), Mary? Got any plans? Mary: Nothing special. Why? You: Want to see a movie? 2 (告诉对方友谊电影院正在放映《雷雨》。) Mary: Yeah, why not? 3 (询问看早场还是晚场。) You: Let’s go to the early show, and we could do something afterward. 4 (建议去肯德基或咖啡馆。) Mary: 5 (表示要去肯德基。)You: 6 (询问在什么时间和地点见面。)Mary: I’ll come to your house to pick you up at six o’clock. You: 7 (表示同意与感谢。) See you then.BackUnit | One SECTION II Being All EarsLearning Sentences for Workplace CommunicationListen and Repeat Listen and Match Listen and Translate Listen and DecodeHandling a DialogueListen and Answer Listen and Complete Listen and Complete Listen and Match Listen and AnswerUnit | OneUnderstanding a Short Speech / Talk SECTION II Being All EarsLearning Sentences for Workplace CommunicationListen and Repeat 1 Listen to ten topic-related English sentences for workplace communication cross-referenced with their Chinese translation and try to remember them.BackUnit | One Window on Key Words rock’n’roll concert 摇滚音乐会 Pizza Hut 必胜客比萨饼店Backbe convenient for you 对你方便Unit | One Listen and Match 2 Listen again to the above sentences rearranged in sequence, and then match them with their Chinese translation. 1) 2) d h c b j i e a. 我希望能去,可是我已约好去看医生了。 b. 听我说,我有几张星期日晚上摇滚音乐会的票,你想不想去?3)4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9)c. 我恐怕去不了,但还是要谢谢你。d. 你什么时候方便就什么时候来吧。 e. 非常抱歉,但是我已经有别的安排了。不过还是要谢谢你。 f. 你可以定个别的时间吗? g. 你能否在星期五过来和我们一起吃晚饭? h. 不知道你什么时候方便。 i. 你去过大街上新开的必胜客比萨饼店吗?今天晚上我们一起去好吗? j. 今天晚上有什么特别的事情吗?Backgf10) aUnit | One Listen and Translate 3 Listen to ten topic-related English sentences for workplace communication and translate them into Chinese orally. 好久没在一起聚了,下周一起吃午饭怎么样? 我很想去,可是今天晚上我得待在家里写论文。 整个一周我都很忙,两个星期之后怎么样? 我们想在星期六给他们开一个告别会。 我没有意识到他们这么快就要搬走了。我们肯定会 想念他们的。 6) 那么,我们再找时间吧。 7) 今天晚上和我一起去看电影怎么样? 8) 下周三我可以去。 9) 今天天气真好,一起到乡村看看怎么样? 10) 太好了,我需要作什么准备?Back1) 2) 3) 4) 5)Unit | One Script:1) We haven’t got together for a long time. How about having lunch next week?2) I wish I could go. But I have to stay in and finish my paper tonight. 3) I’m pretty tied up all week. How about putting it off two weeks from today? 4) We are going to have a going-away party for them on Saturday. 5) I didn’t realize they were moving so soon. They are really going to be missed. 6) Maybe some other time, then. 7) Would you like to go to a cinema with me tonight? 8) I can make it next Wednesday. 9) It’s a beautiful day today! How about a little trip out into the country? 10) That sounds great. What should I do for preparation?BackUnit | One Handling a DialogueListen and Decode Script4 Listen to a dialogue and decode the message by finding out the correct choices in the brackets according to what you have heard. Mike and Claire are discussing their plans for 1 today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow . Mike suggests going to the 2 ball room, ball game, ball match , but Claire doesn’t want to. Then Mike invites Claire to go 3 skating, skiing, skidding . Claire loves this idea as she hasn’t done it 4 for a short time, for a few years, for a long time . But Claire seems to remember that it’s supposed to be 5 very wet, quite cold, very warm tomorrow. In that case, itwon’t be a good idea to go skiing. So, they 6 agree, argue, arrange to wait andsee what the weather will be like tomorrow.BackUnit | One Script: Mike: What are you going to do tomorrow? Got any plans? Claire: Not at all. Do you have any suggestions? Mike: How about going to the ball game? Claire: Hmm. I don’t really feel like going to watch the ball game. Any other ideas? Mike: Would you like to go skiing tomorrow? Claire: That sounds great. I haven’t gone skiing for a long time. But wait a minute! Isn’t it supposed to be very warm tomorrow? Mike: Gee, I haven’t heard of that. Claire: I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be very warm. I heard it on the radio. Mike: In that case, going skiing wouldn’t be a very good idea. Let’s wait and see what the weather will be like tomorrow. Claire: Okay. I’ll call you in the morning.BackUnit | One Listen and Answer 5 Listen to the dialogue again and then answer the following questions orally. 1) Does Claire have any plans for tomorrow? No, she doesn’t.2) What suggestions does Mike make?Going to the ball game and skiing. 3) How does Claire know it’s supposed to be warm tomorrow? She heard it on the radio. 4) Does Mike also know about the weather condition of tomorrow? No, he doesn’t. 5) What will Clair do tomorrow morning? She will give Mike a call.BackUnit | 包含各类专业文献、专业论文、行业资料、高等教育、幼儿教育、小学教育、各类资格考试、外语学习资料、生活休闲娱乐、56Unit 1 Invitation Etiquette等内容。 
 Test for Unit 1 Invitation Etiquette (复习练习) Class:___ Group:___ Name :___ Score :___ Part 1 Write down the Chinese meanings of the following...  unit 1 Invitations tp 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档 Unit 1 Invitation Etiquette I. Time: 8 class hours II. Contents: ? SectionⅠ Talking Face ...  Unit One 数控 1331 数控 1332 机电 1332 Knowledge objectives: 1.To grasp ...Invitation Etiquette Section I &Section II 上课时间 授课类型 理论课 2-209 ...  UNIT 1 invitation etiquette 4. Fill in the blanks with the proper words given below, changing the form if necessary guideline seminar executive uphold ...  unit 3 Etiquette 4页 1下载券 Unit 1 Invitation Etiq... 91页 3下载券 ...研究生公共英语A―unit 11 Etiquette The origins of etiquette―the conventional...  Unit 1 Invitation Etiquette Section I Talking Face to Face Section II Being All Ears Unit 1 Invitation Etiquette Section III Tying Your Hand Section IV ...  Unit 3 Social Etiquette Ⅰ.Teaching Aims: 1. Language Learning: have a good...something to respond people’s kind invitation.以???为 依据 eg. His ...  scripts of Unit 1 4页 免费 Scripts Unit 1 7页 免费 Unit 1 -scripts 暂无...Examples: It was considered a breach of etiquette to refuse an invitation....  Unit One Coping with the Compliment Words & Expressions 1. blurt out 2. ...Examples: It was considered a breach of etiquette to refuse an invitation....Making Light: Dysfunctional Families, the Role-Playing Game

我要回帖

更多关于 putting up 的文章

随机推荐