My wife left her monpursee in the elevator at the subway station.

小题1:C小题2:D小题3:C 小题4:A试题分析:本文叙述了一位年轻的艺术家在求学时,因为没有钱交学费去火车站附近拉琴卖艺,有一次有个人丢了一张彩票,这位艺术家第二天来到原来的地方寻求失主,他说人的诚信是非常重要的。小题1:文章倒数第二段的内容:The story turned out to be this: 讲述了故事发展的经过: b. George Sang 的彩票中奖,e. 一个年轻的钢琴家在地铁站表演, c. George Sang在钢琴家的帽子里面扔了50美元和彩票,a. 钢琴家找彩票的主人, d. 钢琴家找到彩票的主人,选C小题2:推理题:从倒数第三段的句子:George nodded promptly and seized the lottery ticket and kissed it, then he danced with the violinist.可知George Sang 亲吻彩票和钢琴家跳舞都是高兴的表示,选D小题3:细节理解题。根据But if I lose honesty I won’t be happy forever.” Through our lives, we can gain a lot and lose so much. But being honest should always be with us. 可知这篇文章讲的是诚实的重要性,故选C 小题4:推理题:从倒数第二段的句子:The violinist was a student at an Arts College and had planned to attend further study in Vienna. He had booked the ticket and would fly that morning. 可知这个钢琴家上的艺术学校不在纽约,选A
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Feeling exhausted and hopeless, I began walking to my car. Every step seemed tiring, and every step was another to survive. As I looked up into the sky I thought about how my grandmother had left me, and my anger began to return. I was annoyed by the loss, and my belief in God was beginning to fade. I couldn’t understand why these things happened. So as I stood in a public parking lot a million questions formed in my mind. Why did this happen to me? Aren’t we supposed to get signs from the people that pass on? Why did I not feel her presence anymore? Is there a heaven? Suddenly, a woman driving right by my side rolled down her window and distracted my unanswered thoughts. “Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me,” she said loudly. Thinking she was going to ask for my parking spot, I simply pointed to my car. The thought of having to say where my car was seemed like too much to bear. “No, excuse me,” she said again. At this point, I felt I had no choice but to see what this annoying lady wanted. As I got closer, I was startled—was this my grandmother’s nurse, Adu, who lived with her during her final months? I soon realized that she wasn’t, although the resemblance was unusual. Then, I realized that this Adu was searching for something in her bag. Surprisingly, I was overcome by a sense of relief that led me to be patient the entire time the lady was searching. Others would be nervous by a stranger reaching in their bag, but I wasn’t. She finally reached to the very bottom of her bag and handed me a three-page booklet. “It looks like you need this,” she said calmly with a warm smile on her face. I looked down at the mysterious and obviously used booklet and on the front cover in big bold letters read “What Hope for Dead Loved Ones?” It took me only a few seconds to comprehend the exchange with this woman, but by the time I looked up, she was gone. I walked slowly into my car holding the tiny little book that was given to me with fear that it would fly away in the wind. I didn’t know what it was exactly, but I knew that if my grandmother had anything to do with that I didn’t want to let it go. I felt a sense of relaxation as I opened the first page. It explained how people pass on, but their spirit remains with us. This was the first time since my grandma had passed that I felt her with me, just like I had wanted. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, but I did know that I finally felt happiness from the surprising change in events. I couldn’t, and still can’t, believe what had happened to me on that day. I don’t remember the specific details that you usually hear about like what the person was wearing, the time of day, or even the weather, but it doesn’t matter. It was a random day in November when my life turned back around and I began to feel hope again. It was real. It was a miracle. And, I’ll remember it for the rest of my life.小题1:The author refused to say anything to the woman but just pointed to her own car at first mainly because ______.A.the author did not know the womanB.the woman interrupted the author’s thoughtsC.the author thought she wanted to use the vacant parking spaceD.the author was too weak to say anything小题2:What can we learn about the author’s grandmother?A.She often made the author angry.B.She left nothing to the author.C.She was kind to the author.D.She lost faith in God.小题3:What can be inferred from the passage?A.The author and the woman became good friends later.B.The woman turned out to be the author’s grandmother’s nurse.C.The author knows the specific details about this experience.D.The author was very grateful to the unknown woman.小题4:What would be the best title for the passage?A.Miracle at the Parking LotB.What Hope for Dead Loved Ones?C.True Love for My GrandmotherD.Adu, My Grandmother’s Nurse
One spring, when I was 10, during one of my father’s layoffs, I could tell my mother was unhappy. I decided to cheer her up by buying her a special Mother’s Day gift.One day after school I rode my bike to the Agins, which, I learned years later, was known for its high-end fashions and style. I introduced myself to Sylvia Agins, telling her I was looking for a Mother’s Day present.“Do you think she’d like a purse?” she asked. “I think she might.” I told her. She took out an Italian handbag made of leather. She asked me what I thought, and I told her that my mom would like it.“How much money do you have?” she asked.“Twelve dollars,” I said.“You’re in luck,” she told me. “It’s only $11. You have a dollar left over for the card.” She wrapped the purse and thanked me for my business, and I rode off home with the package under my arm.When my mother opened the gift the next Sunday morning, she asked in an accusing tone, “Where did you get this?”“I bought it at the Agins. It cost me $11.” I said.My mother was shocked into silence.It wasn’t until many years later, when I learned that the purse was worth several hundred dollars, that I appreciated just how wonderful Sylvia Agins had been to me. I always felt regretful that I never had a chance to properly thank her.“You know, my son, what really amazes me to this day,” my mother said. “Letting you have the purse for just a few dollars was unbelievable enough. But the fact that she let you leave the store with a dollar for the card was a touch of kindness that I’ll never forget.”小题1:The author bought his mother a purse to_________.A.surprise his motherB.make his mother happyC.show his ability of making moneyD.thank his mother for buying him a bike小题2:Why was the author’s mother shocked into silence?A.The purse was bought from the Agins.B.She wasn’t expecting a gift from her son.C.The author bought a card to go with the purse.D.The Agins charged so little money for the purse.小题3:Sylvia Agins’ behavior shows that_________.A.she is critical and meanB.she is kind and thoughtfulC.she is good at making moneyD.she knows how to choose presents小题4:What amazed the mother most was that_________.A.the shop owner left one dollar for her son to buy a cardB.her son bought her a beautiful purse on Mother’s dayC.her son rode his bike to buy things by himselfD.the purse was worth several hundred dollars小题5:Which can be the best title for the text?A.An Unforgettable EventB.A Considerate MotherC.A Priceless Mother’s Day GiftD.A Clever Shop Owner
题型:完形填空
At the age of five, Shizuka Arakawa started to take skating lessons. Her motivation was &&&&&:wearing pretty outfits! Very quickly, she&&&&a passion for skating, and she decided to &&&&all her free time to training. At the age of eight, she was already &&&&&to perform a triple salchow (三周跳). The young girl from&&&&&won five national championships, three times as a junior and twice as a senior.In 1998 in Nagano, Shizuka Arakawa &&&&&for the first time in the Olympic Games, at the tender age of 16. Japan had high &&&&&for her.&&&&&&the Emperor and Empress of Japan came to see her performance. She finished thirteenth in the&&&&&&rankings. Four years &&&&, she was not present at the Salt Lake City Games. The skater finished second in the Japanese national championships and was not &&&in the Japanese Olympic team. In &&&&of this, Shizuka Arakawa was successful in &&&championships, such as the Four Continents and NHK(日本广播协会)Trophy. In 2004 in Dortmund, she became women’s world &&&skating champion. In 2006, after a year-long period in which she almost &&&&&her career, Shizuka Arakawa took &&&&&in the Turin Olympic Games. A new coach and a new programme had &&&&a new, invigorated(充满活力的)Shizuka. The short programme was a real challenge &&&&&the Japanese skater. She performed a noteworthy sequence to Chopin’s “Fantasie Impromptu”, finishing third. On 23 February, 2006, she performed a perfect long programme. &&&&&by Puccini’s “Fantasy for Violin”, she performed splendidly and she obtained a&&&&&&of 191.34, which won her the top step of the winner’s podium(领奖台) in Turin.小题1:A.complex B.bright C.simpleD.stupid小题2:A.developedB.becameC.interestedD.realized小题3:A.occupy
B.spend C.referD.devote小题4:A.ready B.able C.willingD.used小题5:A.China B.JapanC.America
D.Russia小题6:A.attendedB.prepared C.enteredD.participated小题7:A.hopesB.ambitionC.chances
D.help小题8:A.Ever B.Already C.EvenD.Still小题9:A.middle B.finalC.general
D.beginning小题10:A.afterB.beforeC.agoD.later小题11:A.contained
B.winC.held D.included小题12:A.spite B.charge C.honorD.possession小题13:A.othersB.another C.other D.else小题14:A.character
B.figureC.creatureD.portrait小题15:A.ruinedB.endedC.leftD.fired小题16:A.partB.pride C.controlD.turns小题17:A.resultedB.causedC.accessed D.produced小题18:A.at B.towardsC.forD.upon小题19:A.Danced B.AccompaniedC.Followed D.Played小题20:A.score B.levelC.point D.top
In side their one-storey, metal-roofed house on Vancouver Island’s west coast,Janet Schwartz and her domesticated(驯养的) deer, Bimbo,are returning to their normal lives. The law—represented by men and women dressed in black uniforms and carrying guns — is no longer threatening to forcibly separate Schwartz and Bimbo,freeing the l0-year-old deer to the fates (命运) of the surrounding rainforest and its hungry wolves and black bears. “We love each other,”said Schwartz who turned 70 on Saturday. “she’ll come up to me and she’ll kiss me right on the lips,1ike a man kisses a woman’’ For four days last week,Schwartz’ life turned as rocky as the rough logging road that connected her life to the outside world. Conservation officers had arrived with orders to 1oose Bimbo. Schwartz was to1d she wasn’t allowed to touch Bimbo any more It seemed somebody had complained,said& Environment Minister Terry Lake earlier in the week, noting it’s illegal to keep wild animals as pets. During those tense days,sleepless nights were made even more restless by nightmares,said Schwartz. There were news stories and Facebook pages which supported Schwartz and by Friday,the government had changed its mind. Schwartz could keep her pet with the help of a veterinarian and conservation officers. “It makes me feel good,”said Schwartz of the announcement.“She is my life.and I’ve had her since the day she’s been born.” The relationship began when a friend found the orphaned fawn (幼鹿) along a nearby logging road,more than a kilometer away from her current home,said Schwartz. The friend brought the fawn over because she knew Schwartz had raised a deer before. Schwartz named the fawn Bimbo,based on a Gene Autry song that was playing inside her home at the time,and began feeding the animal goat’s milk. Days turned into months and years, and now Bimbo’s a part of the family.小题1:According to Paragraph 1 , Janet Schwartz’s life is returning to normal because______.A.no one disturbs her life againB.she can continue to keep the deerC.she has married againD.Bimbo has returned to the forest小题2:Why didn’t Schwartz want to loose the deer?A.It was the only companion in her houseB.She wanted to study the lifestyle of the deer.C.The deer had become part of her life.D.She had a veterinarian to help her.小题3: Conservation officers ordered Janet to loose Bimbo because &&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.the deer was not properly taken care ofB.the deer brought harm to the neighborhoodC.it was against the law to keep the deer as a petD.the deer made too much noise小题4: What made the government change its mind?A.Schwartz’s love for the deer.B.The threat to the deer in the wild.C.The change of the law.D.The influence from the press and the Web.小题5:What can we conclude from the text?A.Bimbo will continue to stay with Schwartz.B.Bimbo will be loosed to the wild.C.A professional worker will take over Bimbo.D.Bimbo will stay m a nearby Zoo.
The grandfather of Nell Trent owns a shop of odds and ends. He wants to make sure his grandfather is provided for when he dies. His memory of his daughter’s suffering and early death gives him a fear of poverty. Gambling(赌博) becomes an addiction for Nell’s grandfather, which results in his financial and physical ruin. Nell and her grandfather flee from their home and begin a journey that has no destination. For Nell, all she wants is a peaceful existence with enough to live on. They come across many interesting people on their travels and often meet with the kindness of strangers. Yet, in a colorful world, they also face the reality of the Industrial Revolution. From simple villages and fields of flowers, they go into a dirty city full of mass unemployment and plague (瘟疫) victims --- where children die of starvation and many are abandoned. The story isn’t only about Nell and her grandfather, but also the people who are connected to them directly or indirectly. There is Richard Swiveller, a careless young man who is a friend of Nell’s older brother, who wants Swiveller to marry Nell for the fortune he thinks she has. Daniel Quilp is a cruel moneylender, who manages to fool the grandfather into borrowing large sums of money from him. There is honest Kit, a boy employed at the shop, who becomes a victim even though he never harms other people. Kit desires to help Nell, whom he considers an angel that has always inspired the best in him. The mysterious Bevis Marks, who is a generous customer to some people and an enemy to others, also has his own reasons for looking after Nell and her grandfather. Unlike Dickens’ other works, The Old Curiosity Shop is a book of contrasts: the purity of Nell compared to the dishonesty of Quilp, fresh air and scenic villages to the polluted, stone-covered city, etc. Even people’s reaction to the book presented a cruel contrast. At first, Nell Trent was praised and considered Dickens’ best character. Later, she was criticized by many well-known people like Oscar Wilde. While characters in Dickens’ other books are moving towards a better future, Nell and her grandfather are fleeing for their life and their story is moving towards a sad ending.&小题1:We can infer from the first two paragraphs that ___________.A.Nell’s mother died young because of povertyB.Nell’s grandfather made a fortune by gamblingC.Nell died of starvation during her journeyD.Nell had no one to turn to on her travels小题2:What’s the third paragraph mainly about?A.The plot (情节) of the story.B.The characters in the story.C.The background of the story.D.The inspiration behind the story.小题3:The Old Curiosity Shop is different from Dickens’ other works because it ___________.A.is full of contrastsB.has a surprise endingC.reflects Dickens’ own lifeD.is set in the Industrial Revolution
Something roared like thunder. The earth shook a little and we heard the rat-a-tat-tat of gunfire. ‘‘Father!” Hassan cried. We sprung to our feet and raced out of the living room.“Father! What’s that sound?” Hassan screamed, his hands outstretched toward Ali. Ali wrapped his arms around us. A white light flashed and lit the sky in silver. It flashed again and was followed by rapid sharp sounds of gunfire.“They’re hunting ducks, ” Ali said in a hoarse voice. “They hunt ducks at night, you know. Don't be afraid.”A siren(汽笛)went off in the distance. Somewhere glass broke and someone shouted. I heard people on the street, woken up from sleep. Hassan was crying. Ali pulled him close and held him with tenderness.We stayed huddled (蜷缩)that way until the early hours of the morning. The shootings and explosions had lasted less than an hour, but they had frightened us badly, because none of us had ever heard gunshots in the streets. They were foreign sounds to us then. The generations of Afghan children whose ears would know nothing but the sounds of the bombs and gunfire were not yet born. Huddled together in the dining room and waiting for the sun to rise, none of us had any idea that a way of life had ended. The end came when Russian tanks were rolling into the very same streets where Hassan and I played, bringing the death of the Afghanistan I knew and marking the start of a still ongoing era of bloodletting. Just before the sunrise, Baba’s car pulled into the driveway. His door slammed shut and his running footsteps pounded the stairs. Then he appeared in the doorway and I saw something on his face. Something I didn’t recognize right away because I’d never seen it before: fear. “Amir! Hassan!” He cried as he ran to us, opening his arms wide. “They blocked all the roads and the telephone didn’t work. I was so worried!”We let him wrap us in his arms and, for a brief moment, I was glad about whatever had happened that night.小题1:Who is the author of this passage? A.Amir.B.Ali.C.Baba.D.Hassan.小题2:By saying “They’re hunting ducks”, Ali _______.A.told the children the truthB.played a joke on the childrenC.tried to calm the childrenD.cheered the children up小题3:We can infer from the passage that& _______.A.there were thunderstorms that nightB.Afghan children were used to the warC.people on the street shouted and broke the windowsD.that night was the end of people's peaceful life小题4:From the last sentence of the passage, we know _______.A.Baba's arms gave the author temporary comfort and joyB.there was a chance that a world in peace was to comeC.what happened that night seemed nothing to the authorD.the author was glad to see his father come home safe
It was a winter afternoon. Some friends and I were eating at a restaurant and talking. We talked and talked and soon &&&&&&became the topic. Suddenly I hit upon an idea. “Wouldn’t it be fun to go &&&&&&? Others go in winter, but why couldn’t we? &&&&&, we could be healthier if we did. ” I told them about this, and they all said it was a good idea &&&&&. Early the next morning, we four were standing at the bus stop, with bags in our hands, &&&&&&for a bus to take us to the &&&&&&. T the sun was shining. But it was very cold all the same. &&&&&&our heavy overcoats were not enough to keep us warm. We all felt we should go back, but no one wanted to speak out. We soon reached the sands. There was &&&&&&there, but we were not discouraged. Instead we were &&&&&&that we were the only ones that dared to challenge the weather. &&&&&&we changed our clothes quickly. But things were not going so &&&&&&. The freezing sea wind was blowing. We felt very cold and trembled all over. At &&&&&&we made up our minds to go into the water. We put our feet in first &&&&&&to take them back very quickly. The water was unbelievably cold. Then I suggested we all jump in &&&&&&. We all went back ten steps. I gave the &&&&&&, and we all rushed forward and jumped in. I shall never forget the moment I was in the water. I was up &&&&&&and rushed again to the shore. &&&&&&it was with my friends. We put on our clothes as quickly as possible.On the way back home, we talked about this unforgettable &&&&&&. The four of us did not &&&&&&school for the following three days. We all suffered a lot &&&&&&a very bad cold. But we thought it was all worth it.小题1:A.filmB.musicC.sportsD.play小题2:A.swimmingB.skatingC.skiingD.camping小题3:A.SpeciallyB.BesidesC.ReallyD.Clearly小题4:A.indeedB.fullyC.certainlyD.truly小题5:A.lookingB.searchingC.waitingD.asking小题6:A.riverB.lakeC.poolD.sands小题7:A.EvenB.YetC.ButD.Just小题8:A.somebodyB.nobodyC.everybodyD.anybody小题9:A.excitedB.happyC.proudD.lonely小题10:A.SoB.ButC.StillD.Yet小题11:A.wrongB.rightC.badD.smooth小题12:A.firstB.allC.lastD.once小题13:A.justB.thenC.only D.but小题14:A.one by oneB.one after anotherC.separatelyD.at the same time小题15:A.messageB.orderC.markD.information小题16:A.slowlyB.nervouslyC.lateD.immediately小题17:A.NorB.AndC.SoD.Or小题18:A.ideaB.experimentC.chanceD.experience小题19:A.attendB.reachC.enterD.go小题20:A.byB.withC.fromD.of
A lesson of life " Everything happens for the best, "& my mother said whenever I faced disappointment. "If you can carry on, one day something&&&&&&will happen. And you'll&&&&&that it wouldn't have happened if not for that previous disappointment. " After graduating from college, I&&&&&&&that mother was right. I had decided to try for a job in radio, then work my way up to sports announcer. I travelled to Chicago by getting &&&&&&&rides from drivers of passing cars and knocked on the door of every station-and got turned &&&&&every time. In one studio, a kind lady told me that big stations couldn't &&&&hiring inexperienced person-"Go out in the countryside and find a small station that'll give you a&&&&&&&&, " she said. I returned home to Dixon, Illinois. While there was no radio-announcing jobs in Dixon, my father said Montgomery Ward had opened a store and wanted a&&&&&&athlete to manage its sports department. Since Dixon was where I had played high school football, I &&&&&.& The job sounded just&&&&&&&for me. But I wasn't&&&&&&. My &&&&&must have shown. "Everything happens for the best," Mom&&&&&&me. Dad&&&&&&me the car to job hunt. I tried WOC Radio in Davenport, Iowa. The program director, a wonderful Scotsman named Peter MacArthur, told me they had already hired an announcer. As I left his office,& I felt extremely &&&&&&.I asked &&&&&&,& " How can a fellow get to be a sport announcer if he can't get a job in a radio station?" I was waiting for the elevator&&&&&&&&&I heard MacArthur calling,& " What was that you said about sports? Do you know anything about football?" Then he stood me &&&&&&a microphone (麦克风) and asked me to broadcast an &&&&&game. On my way home, as I have many times since,& I thought of my mother's words: " Keep on trying until some day you succeed. Something wouldn't have happened if not for that previous failure. " I often wonder what&&&&&&&my life might have taken if I'd got the job at Montgomery小题1:A.goodB.badC.interestingD.important小题2:A.hopeB.declareC.realizeD.explain小题3:A.announcedB.discoveredC.suggestedD.expected小题4:A.smoothB.shortC.comfortableD.free小题5:A.onB.downC.inD.up小题6:A.adviseB.mindC.riskD.practise小题7:A.choiceB.promiseC.resultD.chance小题8:A.professionalB.naturalC.localD.top小题9:A.volunteeredB.respondedC.registeredD.applied小题10:A.rightB.specialC.difficultD.correct小题11:A.firedB.identifiedC.hiredD.interviewed小题12:A.astonishmentB.disappointmentC.ambitionD.appreciation小题13:A.admiredB.undersoodC.blamedD.reminded小题14:A.offeredB.madeC.showedD.returned小题15:A.discouragedB.delightedC.embarrassedD.frightened小题16:A.anxiouslyB.aloudC.carefullyD.politely小题17:A.ifB.asC.whileD.when小题18:A.onB.inC.beforeD.over小题19:A.imaginaryB.interestingC.importantD.intemational小题20:A.effectB.directionC.aimD.pleasure

我要回帖

更多关于 purse和wallet的区别 的文章

随机推荐