读对话,根据对话内容选择最佳答案.
Diana: I’m looking for my ID card and pencil case.&&
Mike: OK. What’s your name?
Diana: My name’s Diana Schwartz.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Mike: How do you spell your last name ?
Diana: S-C-H-W-A-R-T-Z.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Mike: OK. Here you are .
Diana: Thank you very much.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Mike : You’re welcome . And is this your pencil case?
Diana: No, it isn’t. My pencil case is blue. I think it’s Steve’s pencil case.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Mike: Hi, Steve! Is this your pencil case?
Steve: Oh, yes. And that’s my pen. Thank you .&&&&&
Mike : That’s OK.
1. Diana is looking for her ________.
&A. pencil case&&& B. pencil case and ID card&&& C. pen and pencil
2. Diana’s last name is ______ .
&A. Diana&&&& B. Schwartz&&&&& C. Steve’s
3. The ID card is ______ .
Diana’s&&& B.Mike’s&&& C. Steve’s
4. That’s _____ pen.
&A. Diana’s&&&& B. Mike’s&&&&& C. Steve’s
5. Diana’s pencil case is ______ .
&A. blue&&&&&& B. red&&&& C. yellowUnit1Canyouplaytheguitar;SectionA,1b;Conversation1;Girl:Iwanttojointhemusic;Boy:Oh,canyousing?;Girl:Yes,Ican.;Conversation2;Girl:Canyouswim?;Boy:No,Ican’t.;Conversation3;Girl:Iwant
Unit1 Can you play the guitar?
Section A ,1b
Conversation 1
Girl: I want to join the music club.
Boy: Oh, can you sing ?
Girl: Yes, I can.
Conversation 2
Girl: Can you swim?
Boy: No, I can’t.
Conversation 3
Girl: I want to join the art club.
Boy: Can you draw?
Girl: Yes, I can.
Conversation1
David: What club do you want to join, Lisa?
Lisa: I want to join the chess club.
David: Can you play chess?
Lisa: No, I can’t. What about you, John?
John: I can.
Conversation2
Bob: Hi, Mary. Here are all the clubs.
Mary: What club do you want to join, Bob?
Bob: I want to join the English club. I like to speak English. How about you?
Mary: Hmm. I want to join the chess club. Can you play chess?
Bob: No, I don’t like chess. Do you like music?
Mary: Oh, yes. I can sing and dance. I like music.
Bob: Me too. Let’s join the music club.
Section B, 1b
1. The sound of a guitar
2. The sound of drums
3. The sound of a piano
4. The sound of a violin
Teacher: I want some students for the school concert. What can you do, Bill? Can you sing? Bill: No, I can’t. But I can play the guitar.
Teacher: You can play the guitar! Good. OK, what can you do, Cindy?
Cindy: I can sing and I can play the drums.
Teacher: You can! Great, Cindy. Can you play the piano?
Cindy: No, I can’t. Frank can play the piano.
Teacher: Frank, can you play the piano?
Frank: Yeah, I can play the piano, but I can’t sing or dance.
Unit 2 What time do you go to school?
SectionA, 1b
Interviewer: What time do you usually get up, Rick?
Rick: Um, I usually get up at six thirty.
Interviewer: And what time do you brush your teeth and take a shower?
Rick: I brush my teeth and take a shower at six forty.
Interviewer: Hmm, What time do you eat breakfast?
Rick: Seven o’clock.
Interviewer: And what time do you usually get dressed?
Rick: I usually get dressed at seven twenty.
Interviewer: And my last question, what time do you go to school?
I usually go to school at seven. Thirty.
Interviewer: Thank you.
Interviewer: You have a big family, don’t you, Jim?
Jim: Yes, I have two brothers and two sisters.
Interviewer: Wow! How many showers do you have?
Jim: We only have one shower.
Interviewer: Is that difficult?
Jim: No, because we have a shower schedule. My brother Bob takes a shower first at five thirty. Interviewer: Wow! That’s early!
Jim: Yeah. Then my sister Mary takes a shower at five fifty. Next my brother Jack takes a shower at six fifteen. I take a shower at six thirty, my sister Anna at six forty-five…..
SectionB, 1c,1d
Interviewer: Tom, I want to know about your day.
Interviewer: When do you get up?
Tom: When do I get up? Hmm. Usually about half past five. Then I run at six o’clock.
Interviewer: You run at six in the morning?
Tom: Uh-huh.
Interviewer: And what time do you eat breakfast?
Tom: Breakfast? Usually about seven. And then I usually go to school at a quarter to eight. Interviewer: Wow! And you go home at…..?
Tom: A quarter past four in the afternoon.
Interviewer: And what do you do in the evening?
Tom: I do my homework at about five thirty, and I ear dinner at seven fifteen. I go to bed at nine
Interviewer: That’s early! But then you get up early.
Tom: Uh-huh.
Unit 3 How do you get to school?
Section A,1b
Boy: How do Bob and Mary get to school?
Girl:Bob takes the train and Mary takes the subway.
Boy: How does John get to school?
Girl: He takes the bus.
Boy: How do Paul and Yang Lan get to school?
Girl: They walk. Look, there they are now!
Boy: Does Jim walk to school?
Girl: No, he doesn’t. He rides his bike.
Conversation 1
Mary: How do you get home from school, Tom?
Tom: I walk.
Mary: How long does it take?
Tom: It takes about 20 minutes.
Mary: Wow! That’s quick! How far is it from the school to your home?
Tom: Only about two kilometers.
Conversation 2
Peter: How do you get home from school, Jane?
Jane: I take the bus.
Peter: How long does it take?
Jane: Oh, about one hour and 30 minutes.
Peter: Wow! That’s a long time!
Jane: Yes, I only go home on weekends.
Peter: How far is it from your home to school?
Jane: It’s about 60 kilometers.
SectionB,1c,1d
Mary: I love your home, Bob. It’s so big!
Bob: Thanks, Mary. My grandparents’ home is very big, too.
Mary: Where do they live?
Bob: Very far from my home.
Mary: Oh, how far?
Bob: It’s about 500 kilometers from here.
Mary: Wow!That’s far.
Bob: Yes, it is. So I go there and see my grandparents only one or two times a year.
Mary: How do you get there?
Bob: I usually take the train.
Mary: How long does it take?
Bob: It takes about six hours. And then I take a bus from the train station to their home. Mary: Wow. That’s a long trip.
Unit 4 Don’t eat in class.
SectionA,1b
Ms.Clark: Hey, Peter. You know the rules. Don’t run in the hallways.
Peter: Sorry, Ms. Clark.
Mr. Smith: Amy, don’t eat in the classroom. You must eat in the dining hall.
Amy: Oh, sorry, Mr. Smith.
Mr.Smith: Hey, Mike, don’t listen to music in class. Mike!
Boy: He can’t hear you, Mr. Smith.
Cindy: What are the school rules,Alan?
Alan: Well, we can’t listen to music in the classroom or hallways. But we can listen to it outside or
in the music room.
Cindy: Uh-huh.
Alan: And we can’t eat in the classroom, but we can eat in the dining hall.
Cindy: Oh. And can we wear a hat in class?
Alan: No, we can’t. What else? Oh , you can’t fight with your classmates. That makes the teachers
really unhappy.
Cindy: I see….
Section B, 1b,1c
Emily: Hi, Dave. Do you want to watch the basketball game in the park this evening?
Dave: I’d love to, but I can’t go out on school nights.
Emily: Oh, that’s too bad.
Dave: Yeah, I have so many rules…
Emily: Really?
Dave: Yeah, I can’t see my friends on school days and I have to do my homework after school. Emily: What other rules do you have?
Dave: Mmm… I must practice the guitar before dinner and then I have to do the dishes after
dinner. And I can’t watch TV in the evening.
Emily: Oh. Well, I have to help my mom make dinner sometimes.
Dave: Me, too. I have to help my mom make breakfast every morning. And I must clean my room
every Saturday.
Emily: Wow, you do have a lot of rules!
Unit5 Why do you like pandas?
Section A, 1b
Conversation 1
Girl: Let’s see the pandas first. They’re my favorite animals.
Girl: Because they’re very cute.
Conversation 2
Boy: Let’s see the giraffes.
Girl: Why do you want to see them?
Boy: Because they’re beautiful.
Conversation 3
Girl: Let’s see the koalas now. I like koalas.
Girl: Because they’re interesting.
Julie: Let’s see the pandas, John.
John: Why do you like them, Julie?
Julie: Because they’re kind of interesting.
John: Where are they from?
Julie: They’re from China.
John: Well, l like koalas.
Julie: Why do you like them?
John: Because they’re very cute and they’re from Australia.
Julie: Well, I don’t like lions.
John: Why don’t you like them?
Julie: Because they’re really scary.
John: Where are they from?
Julie: Most of them are from South Africa.
Section B, 1b,1c
Tony: Where do you want to go now?
Mary: Let’s see the elephants.
Tony: The elephants? Why do you like elephants?
Mary: Oh, they’re interesting. And they’re really smart.
Tony: Yes, but they’re lazy, too.
Mary: Oh, Tony! So, where do you want to go?
Tony: Let’s see the pandas. They’re kind of cute.
Mary: Oh, yeah. I love pandas. They’re beautiful. But they’re also kind of shy. Where are they? Tony: They’re over there, not far from the koalas.
Unit6 I’m watching TV.
Section A,1b
Bob: Hello, Jenny!
Jenny: Hi, Bob.
Bob: Jenny, what are you doing?
Jenny: I’m watching TV.
Bob: Do you want to play tennis?
Jenny: No, this TV show is interesting. What’s John doing?
Bob: He’s washing the dishes.
Jenny: Well, what are Dave and Mary doing?
Bob: They’re listening to a CD.
Jack: Hello, Steve.
Steve: Hi, Jack.
Jack: What are you doing, Steve?
Steve: I’m watching TV. What about you?
Jack: I’m listening to a CD, but it’s kind of boring.
Steve: Yeah, my TV show is also not very interesting. Do you want to go to the movies? Jack: That sounds good.
Section B,1c, 1d
Conversation1
A: Hello. Is Alice there?
B: No, she isn’t. She’s at the supermarket.
A: Oh, is she shopping?
三亿文库包含各类专业文献、文学作品欣赏、高等教育、生活休闲娱乐、各类资格考试、幼儿教育、小学教育、中学教育、新目标英语七年级下Unit1-Unit8教材听力材料01等内容。 
 13-14(下)七年级新目标(CZX)听力材料第1-8套_初一英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。《英语周报》 学年下学期七年级新目标(CZX) 听力部分 Unit 1 A)...  新目标英语七年级Unit1-Unit8综合复习_初一英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载 新目标英语七年级Unit1-Unit8综合复习_初一英语_英语_初中...  七年级英语新目标下 Unit 1-2 单元测试 Class___ Name ___ No. ___ 听力部分:(20 分) I. 听句子,选择与句子相符的图画 读一遍 (5 分) A B C D ...  英语新​目​标​英​语​七​年​级​下​选​择​u​...1. --Who is standing under the tree? -. A. Tom are B. Tom is C....  (一) 、教材的地位和作用 本课是人教版新目标英语七年级下册 Unit 8 Is ...(二)、教学目标 1.能够对目标语言进行听力训练,加强对目标语言的理解。 2....  新目标英语八年级下Unit7单元测试题及答案(含听力原文)_初二英语_英语_初中教育...(5 分) 1.___ 2.___ 3.___ 4.___ 5.___ Ⅱ.听句子,选择最佳答...  新目标英语七年级上 Unit 8 三. 选择填空(20 分) ( )1.Your classroom ...听力题材料(20 分) 1.听录音,完成短文(短文读两遍) (10 分) I am Tom....  新目标英语八年级下Unit1单元测试题及答案(含听力原文)_初二英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。Test for Unit 1 (时间:120 分钟,满分:120 分)题号 得分 ⅠⅡⅢ...  新目标英语七年级下学案Unit8B_英语_初中教育_教育专区。___初级中学七年级下册英语学案 Unit8 Section B Unit 8 Is there a post office near here? I. 重...ESL English Lesson Interactive Practice on Business Phone Call for English LearnersI woke up this morning to a world without
— and I feel immensely poorer for it.
The worst part is that Vince, pioneering podcaster, Monster Kid Supreme, and good friend to many of us (even some who only knew him through his work), is gone.
The other worst part is knowing what this must be like for his wonderful wife and co-host Mary, and (because of distance) not being able to do as much as we’d wish to provide comfort and help.
Mary, know that we love both of you, and all our thoughts and prayers are with you.
I got the dreadful news in a call early yesterday (Wednesday) evening from friend and fellow podcaster Derek M. Koch, who had heard moments before from Vince’s friend and co-host Nic Brown.
I was devastated.
So was Derek.
We both still are.
During that call, neither of us could believe it — and part of me still can’t.
And I probably won’t for a good long while.
Then came the third worst thing that day (which pales behind the first two, but…), which was not being able to tell anyone else while Mary and Nic (and I assume others) tried to contact Vince’s other friends and relatives — especially those in abed in the UK.
(Because finding out a close friend has died via social media is pretty awful.)
So, for a long time yesterday evening, those of us who knew could only commiserate with a small group who we knew had already gotten the bad news.
Eventually, though, a family friend posted condolences online and the news leaked out.
Which was something of a relief, because then the community grieving could begin.
Now the B-Movie Cast extended family either knows or is finding out, and well-deserved tributes to Vince and remembrances of him are pouring in.
This is another one.
I just wish he was here to enjoy them, and I hope that some of them may bring comfort to Mary, when she feels strong enough to get online and read them.
I don’t remember exactly when I started to listen to the B-Movie Cast, but I do remember what my first show was — #5, The Creature from the Black Lagoon — and I know why it was my first show: I was sick and tired of snobbish podcasts.
I’d discovered podcasting after getting iTunes and, shortly thereafter, my first (and only, so far) iPod.
Listening to people talk about movies was one of the first things I did with this new technology.
(If you’ve seen my massive film collection, you understand.)
Anyway, I’d found a well-produced movie podcast and was enjoying them talking about current films, but after a while I noticed that they were very snobbish when it came to genre flicks (a problem which later caused me to dump that “pro-cast” altogether).
Upset about that, I searched for shows that might actually like monster movies.
That’s when I stumbled across the podcast that would change my life — Vince’s B-Movie Cast.
As I said, my first show was the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and I liked it — though it seemed rough around the edges
— so I tried a few more.
I liked those, too, and quickly jumped to getting the current ‘cast every week.
And as the rough edges smoothed out, the show just kept growing on me.
I don’t remember how long ago that was now, bu it seems like I’ve always been a member of the B-Movie Cast “family.”
And that’s what we’ve become, a family.
Because not long after I started listening, I wrote the ‘cast a “thank you” note.
And to my surprise, they read it on the air, which was fun.
So I did it again.
And again.
And every time I did, they read it, and soon it was like we were having a conversation every week, and that slid into calling in pretty much every week, and the “Hi, Steve!
Hi, Mary!” thing started, and somewhere in there I started doing guest appearances on the show.
Don’t ask me when, because it seems like forever.
Oh, and we started the book giveaway, which began because I thought it would be fun if they had (more) prizes to give away every week.
I only stopped after I’d given away 200 or more books and the giveaway started to feel more like a chore than a joy.
Because joy is one of the main things the B-Movie Cast has been about — the joy of sharing what you love with other people who love, it too.
Vince was the ringleader of that delight — delight in movies that most people thought were “stupid” or “cheesy,” delight in collecting films and records and books and toys and pretty much anything that has to do with monsters.
As Vince often said, “Just because you have to grow old, it doesn’t mean you have to grow up!”
He was the Peter Pan of B-Movies, enjoying each one as though he were still a kid, a joy that many of us shared.
He was our gleeful ever-young leader, flying from one overlooked film to another, and we were his Lost Boys & Girls.
And now, with Vince gone, we’re all just feeling… Lost.
It will take a while to get over that.
But we still have our memories.
And we still have Mary and Nic and Juan and all the cast of regulars.
And maybe someday there will be more shows.
Though maybe there won’t, and even if there are, it’ll never be the same.
The great thing, though, is we still have all those old shows — and there are a lot of them: 374, if I recall correctly, from the earliest crudely produced one-hoster to the later “no edits” extravaganzas.
That’s enough B-Movie Casts to listen to one a day for more than a year!
And some of them are nearly 3 hours long — which means there’s a whole lot of Vince to listen to and re-discover.
It might even be more hours of Vince than there are of Dark Shadows, which I realized yesterday my friend would never get to finish watching — at least not in this lifetime.
But lots of us are still watching Dark Shadows more than 40 years after it went off the air.
And I like to think that people will be doing the same with Vince’s podcasts as well.
That the ‘case has made our friend immortal.
Because the B-Movie Cast and its homespun fireside-chat charm wasn’t just fun, it was also important.
Dozens of podcasters, including sometimes guest on the show Derek M. Koch, were inspired to do what they do by Vince and the B-Movie Cast.
And thousands of people have found new movies to love because of the show and its hosts.
And I even changed the course of my career as a writer because of Vince and the gang.
Interacting with the B-Movie family and being on the show made me realize that Monster Kids are My People — and I’d rather write cool monster stories for a small group of like-minded folks than spend my time chasing down high-profile movie adaptations or lucrative work-for-hire jobs.
And thus,I wrote White Zombie, and Daikaiju Attack, and Manos: The Hands of Fate, and Canoe Cops vs. the Mummy.
And it’s why I’ve started Dr. Cushing’s Chamber of Horrors, and… Well you get the point.
Vince changed the world for a lot of people.
And he changed it for the better.
And those of us who knew him, whether in person, through working with him, or just “over the air” will always love and remember him.
And, as the Doc said to Captain Adams in Forbidden Planet “That’s a good epitaph for any man.”
So, thank you my friend!
(And Mary and all the rest of the B-Movie Cast family, too!)
Goodnight, Vince.
See you in that Big Movie Theater on the Other Side.
Save us some great seats.
— Steve Sullivan, April 28, 2016
Share this:
POSTED IN & , , ,
About the author:
View all posts by
Stephen D. Sullivan is an award-winning author, artist, and editor.
Since 1980, he has worked on a wide variety of properties, including well-known licenses and original work.
Some of his best know projects include Dungeons & Dragons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dragonlance, Iron Man, Legend of the Five Rings, Speed Racer, the Tolkien RPG, Disney Afternoons, Star Wars, The Twilight Empire (Robinson's War), Uncanny Radio, Martian Knights, Tournament of Death, and The Blue Kingdoms (with his friend Jean Rabe).
Related Posts
March 14, 2017
Let’s Get Vince His Due! Vince Rotolo, the King of the Monster Podcasters, passed away suddenly last year (2016) and...
January 27, 2017
Derek M. Koch and I discuss the nearly lost “classic” SPACE PROBE TAURUS and how to enjoy low-budget movies (SF,...
December 8, 2016
Derek M. Koch called me up the other day to talk about the trailer to The Mummy — the new one,...
September 10, 2016
My friend Christine is an expert on Lizzie Borden.
(She had to become one to write her new novel, Lizzie Borden,...
Leave A Response
CONTACT STEVE
My Books & Stories
Subscribe to My Free Newsletter
Recent Posts
August 15, 2017,
IN THIS EPISODE: …Victoria falls further under the spell of Erzsebet, the mysterious woman in the mirror… (Just a reminder that my Patreon subscribers at $2 and above get all...
August 11, 2017,
Well, despite conventions and Shark Week and other stuff, I’m still on a pretty hefty pace of film viewing.
Not quite 50 movies in July, because of all that, but...
August 1, 2017,
IN THIS EPISODE: …While (werewolf) Paul plans to move in, the twins ponder his mysterious past… (Just a reminder that my Patreon subscribers at $2 and above get all stories in...
Find me on Facebook
February 6, 2012,
“Here’s a song to those who are gone with never a reason why.” — Phil...
December 5, 2013,
It’s been a while since I’ve visited with Vince, Mary, Nic, Juan, and our friends...
December 2, 2011,
I’ve noticed that “Monster Shark” has become one of my bestsellers lately, so I thought...
Steve Sullivan says:
Steve Sullivan says:
Jean Henderson says:
Poll for Fans & Friends
What's your favorite SDS work?
&Loading ...
developed by
Search My SiteCONTACT STEVE
Great Links
My Books & Stories
My Buddies
New Books & Stories