泰拉瑞亚apple下载supicious looking apple

AAPL: 110.78
A patent filing published on Thursday by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office details an Apple invention pertaining to a computer input device that uses motion gestures, like tilting, brushing and tapping to manipulate a computer's GUI. Source: USPTO
Apple's "Methods and apparatus for processing combinations of kinematical inputs" describes a system that translates a variety of force and velocity data detected by an input device into commands for a computer's user interface, such as control of a mouse cursor.
The invention calls for an input device with one or more motion sensors to feed a receiving system adapted to convert gesture data into GUI navigation commands.
In order to achieve precise calculations, the input device can use a number of motion sensors including one or more gyroscopes, optical sensors and accelerometers, among others. By taking force and vector data from the device, the receiving computer generates a "gesture profile" that is associated with a certain system command. For example, if a user slides the input device across a plane or object, a cursor will move in that direction.
Two gestures can be combined, for example below a sliding gesture is performed in conjunction with a tilt gesture, thus enabling a different UI command than would a simple lateral movement of the device.Illustration of "sliding"gesture with tilt.
The system is programmable, meaning different gestures can be assigned to various commands. A "nudge" gesture can equate to the waking of the input device when it is in sleep mode or moving a mouse cursor slightly in one direction. Tilting, tapping and other gravity-based gestures are supported by the system and can likewise reproduce any number of UI commands on a computer's screen.
Gesture profiles can be multi-step operations. In the example below, the input device starts at the left at a speed of 0 meters per second. Once the start motion is detected, a minimum velocity must be reached in order to enable the gesture. When the magnitude of the force vector reaches zero, that is when the unit is lifted off the desk, the conditions satisfy the second gesture circumstance and the command is triggered.Illustration of "brush" gesture triggered by two-step enablement.
It appears from the patent drawings that Apple could possibly incorporate the additional motion gesture control into an upcoming mouse. While just speculation, the iPhone and iPod lineups could also be used asinput devices as they carry integrated accelerometers, gyroscopes and imaging sensors. There are existing apps in the iOS ecosystem that "transform" iDevices into usable input peripherals, like R.P.A.Tech's , but Apple may one day use the invention's technology to offer a built-in first-party solution.
Apple's patent application was first filed in April and credited Jean L. Lee is credited as its inventor.
SAVE $133.01
SAVE $500.00
SAVE $253.01
SAVE $748.00
SAVE $219.01
SAVE $105.00
Previous Comments
Aren't all mice motion controlled?
As usual it's very difficult to see what this patent adds that's new to existing motion controllers. The WiiMotion Plus or the Playstation Move are already very precise.
It all sounds fine and dandy but wouldn't this add a lot of learning curve in what's a very basic affair? I guess intensive users like graphic designers, modelers and people from the fine arts would find this useful.. not sure of normal users though.
"You had me at brushing"
I could see this being helpful in swiping pages of a document or changing between SPACES/Mission Control. Three and Four finger swipes on the Mouse are clumsy at best.
Why does the mouse look like a blackboard eraser?
@ipadhiyar: some basic gestures are still difficult for old folks, like drag & drop. Moving the mouse with a tilt would be a much simpler gesture than moving the mouse with the button pressed for them and, so I believe, for us more dexterous people as well
Could this be the curved glass apple was working on?
Hard to understand air motion gestures or with the mouse or on the mouse pad.
Login to Comment
Have an opinion?
to share it.
* No tax outside CA, CO, GA, IL, MN, NC, NY, TN, & WI.
Hot TopicsGot a tip for us?
New in OS X: Get MacRumors
on your Mac
Subscribe to the MacRumors Newsletter
Apple Looking to Acquire PrimeSense, Israeli Firm Behind Kinect's Original 3D Body Sensing Technology
Tuesday July 16,
am PDT by Eric Slivka
Israeli business newspaper Calcalist
[, via ] that Apple is in early-stage negotiations to acquire 3D body sensing firm , with any deal likely to command a price in the range of $280 million. PrimeSense is the firm that developed the original technology behind Microsoft's Kinect motion sensing and control system.
The report indicates that a delegation of senior Apple executives visited PrimeSense earlier this month, after Calcalist had
[] that the company was looking to negotiate its sale with Apple, Sony, and Samsung as prospective suitors. Apple is presumably interested in the technology as it makes a more significant push into the living room, with the company rumored to be trying to launch its own television hardware and content delivery services.
Interestingly, Apple's interest in PrimeSense appears to extend back many years, with Cult of Mac's Leander Kahney having
how he sat next to PrimeSense CEO Inon Beracha on a June 2008 flight, where Beracha talked about how his company had viewed Apple as the most natural fit when PrimeSense was shopping its technology around Silicon Valley.In fact, he’d already had several meetings at Apple. It was the first place he and his engineers thought of. “It was the most natural place for the technology,” he said. [...]
Yet the initial meetings hadn’t gone so well. Obsessed with secrecy, Apple had already asked Beracha to sign a stack of crippling legal agreements and NDAs.
He shook his head. Why didn’t he want to do a deal with Apple? No need. The technology was hot. He could sell it to anyone.Apple has expressed interest in motion sensing and control in the past, having
from inventor Timothy Pryor, including filings addressing Kinect-like control of home appliances and vehicles. Apple has also been rumored to be including some
in its long-rumored television set project.
Update 6:30 AM: A source at PrimeSense
that rumors of an Apple acquisition are premature, if not incorrect altogether.The Calcalist’s report notes that this is based around some meetings between the two companies, and that the price for the deal would be around $280 million. But a source at the company described the report as “BS.”
“Journalist delusion based on unverified and twisted hints,” the source added, also questioning the valuation: “280M? Come on! We’re worth 10 times that. :)”Update 9:35 AM:
that a PrimeSense representative has now officially denied the claim.A rep for PrimeSense denied the report to Mashable and said the company would release a statement later on Tuesday. Apple did not immediately respond to our request for comment.
They copied Android and Jony Ive ruined it by making it pastel now their going straight to the Kinect source to purchase their technology.
Can't innovate my ass, but can turn on the copy machines and keep them running 24/7.
You really have nothing better to do than troll around here all day. I haven't read a single post that actually made any sense from you my entire time here.
Rating: 8 Votes
Reading Macrumors at the moment is like reading Engadget+1
Rating: 4 Votes
Of course Israelis would be the one inventing this monitoring device
I thought we were sticking with the idea that this was stupid.
Right guys!?
We cant look stupid and change our minds just because Apple bought them now!
This is another example of how Apple's competitors are stupid and naive.
Microsoft worked with this company to produce Kinect, which is a novel and unique way to interact with a TV/Console that other companies do not have.
Sony needs a bright orb to work with 3D motion sensing, and Nintendo needs a wand, but Kinect requires no special attachment or device to use.
It's something that set Microsoft apart from their competitors.
So why on earth would Microsoft not protect themselves by purchasing this company?
What boggles my mind is that every competitor, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung, they ALL know how litigious Apple is and how much Apple loves to acquire patents.
While I cannot blame Apple for seeing an opportunity and taking advantage of it, I simply do not understand how the competition is not protecting themselves more.
I guarantee that before the year is over Apple will make a move to either sue competitors that have motion control (i.e. Samsung's hand waiving stuff), or jack up their licensing for use of patents now owned by Apple.
Apple may not make a single product that uses motion control, but now gets rich because of other companies making innovative products have to pay them for it.
Someone at Microsoft just woke up this morning and slapped their forehead for being stupid not to protect their Kinect technology better.
Even for Microsoft, the few hundred million is a drop in the bucket to ensure their Xbox products continue to have no direct competition in the market.
MS developed their own tech for Kinect 2
Then you are reading with rose colored glasses.
This is nothing more than a blatant rip off of tech if true.
This forum ripped Samsung for their motion sensing smart TV's and now Apple is brilliant for going to the same company that Microsoft used to create some awesome software that puts them ahead of the competition in the gaming market.
The touchless motion control of the SG4 (along with all the other features) were gimmicks.
Apple copies the exact same thing and it's suddenly revolutionary for the people that are disabled.
Apple needs it's own "innovation" and something that hasn't been done by 90 other phones or set top boxes.
This pattern is really starting to get old.
Even Nikon blew away the media with it's new Camera and this forum just said.
Yeah, but it's going to be grainy, stupid to have so many mega pixels.
Give credit when it's due and don't praise for Apple doing nothing but copying the best of the industry while still not listening to their customers and keeping the same small oblong mobile screen that they tried to tell their faithful it was the perfect size.
blah ba blah ba blah. What about the gs4 did apple copy? there see already nonsense. Also this is a rumor. Nobody even knows if this acquisition is fact, actually there's doubt about it expressed in the article. Second, Apple has a way of making things actually useful instead of producing half-assed features nobody wants which is what samsung does.
You really have nothing better to do than troll around here all day. I haven't read a single post that actually made any sense from you my entire time here.
Then you are reading with rose colored glasses.
This is nothing more than a blatant rip off of tech if true.
This forum ripped Samsung for their motion sensing smart TV's and now Apple is brilliant for going to the same company that Microsoft used to create some awesome software that puts them ahead of the competition in the gaming market.
The touchless motion control of the SG4 (along with all the other features) were gimmicks.
Apple copies the exact same thing and it's suddenly revolutionary for the people that are disabled.
Apple needs it's own "innovation" and something that hasn't been done by 90 other phones or set top boxes.
This pattern is really starting to get old.
Even Nikon blew away the media with it's new Camera and this forum just said.
Yeah, but it's going to be grainy, stupid to have so many mega pixels.
Give credit when it's due and don't praise for Apple doing nothing but copying the best of the industry while still not listening to their customers and keeping the same small oblong mobile screen that they tried to tell their faithful it was the perfect size.
Rating: 3 Votes
Maps, Siri.
That about wraps up the last 2 years of quality ground breaking tech.
Maps a complete embarrassment and has not gotten much better in most of the US and a few select cities around the world.
Siri is slow not intelligent, poorly implemented "personal assistant".
It takes her longer to give an answer than typing out the question in google.
And please stop with the Blah, blah, blah.
You're sounding like Siri trying to be a sheep.
If you hate apple this much why are you on this forum. That's what doesn't make sense to me. That's why you are obviously a troll. If you hate Apple, and still use this forum, you only do so to tell people about how bad Apple is. Don't come here and go flame Apple on the million other forums there about other companies.
Rating: 3 Votes
blah ba blah ba blah. What about the gs4 did apple copy? there see already nonsense. Also this is a rumor. Nobody even knows if this acquisition is fact, actually there's doubt about it expressed in the article. Second, Apple has a way of making things actually useful instead of producing half-assed features nobody wants which is what samsung does.
Maps, Siri.
That about wraps up the last 2 years of quality ground breaking tech.
Maps a complete embarrassment and has not gotten much better in most of the US and a few select cities around the world.
Siri is slow not intelligent, poorly implemented "personal assistant".
It takes her longer to give an answer than typing out the question in google.
And please stop with the Blah, blah, blah.
You're sounding like Siri trying to be a sheep.
Rating: 2 Votes
If you hate apple this much why are you on this forum. That's what doesn't make sense to me. That's why you are obviously a troll. If you hate Apple, and still use this forum, you only do so to tell people about how bad Apple is. Don't come here and go flame Apple on the million other forums there about other companies.
Don't you realize that people that have intelligent criticism are the people that care?
Saying stuff like "Apple rocks! No one does it better!" is asinine. To begin with, no one company does everything the best, so that is impossible. Secondly, that kind of blind loyalty is a much bigger problem than having legitimate complaints about products.
Rating: 2 Votes
');NS_AdDivs.push(NS_AdDiv);NS_AdZones.push(NS_AdZone);NS_Ads++;
7 hours ago on
9 hours ago on
14 hours ago on
15 hours ago on
1 day ago on
1 day ago on
2 days ago on
MacRumors attracts a broad audience
of both consumers and professionals interested in
the latest technologies and products. We also boast an active community focused on
purchasing decisions and technical aspects of the iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Mac platforms.
Arnold Kim
Editorial Director
Eric Slivka
Editor in Chief
Juli Clover
Joe Rossignol
Marianne Schultz
Jordan Golson
Contributing Editor
Husain Sumra
Contributing Editor
Mitchel Broussard
Contributing Editor
Contributing Writer
Copyright & 2000- , LLC.Got a tip for us?
New in OS X: Get MacRumors
on your Mac
Subscribe to the MacRumors Newsletter
Apple Looking to Sign Drake, Pharrell and David Guetta as iTunes Radio Guest DJs
Sunday May 31,
am PDT by Joe Rossignol
Apple is in talks to sign Toronto-born rapper Drake, hip-hop artist Pharrell Williams and electronic music DJ David Guetta as guest DJs for a revamped iTunes Radio, according to the . The report also claims that Apple continues to negotiate with record labels for Apple Music and wants to offer a three-month free trial period for the $10-a-month streaming music service.
Apple Music will reportedly combine the best features of Pandora, Spotify and YouTube into one service, including streaming music and video, artist pages, a YouTube-style sharing section called Apple Connect and a refreshed version of iTunes Radio. Apple also wanted to offer lyrics as part of the service, but does not want to pay extra to record labels to offer the feature.
Apple is expected to announce its new streaming music service on June 8 at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, building upon the assets it acquired through its Beats Music purchase last year. The company will reportedly push customers to sign up for Apple Music by offering ,
and the aforementioned three-month free trial period.Tags: , , , , ,
What dispiriting news.
The only good rap songs to have ever been written were a few hits of the 80s performed by the Beastie Boys, Andrew Lloyd Webber (Starlight Express), the Rock Steady Crew and the like.
Since then, all we have had is thuggish animal music whose advocates were particularly prevalent during the Ferguson riots.
Apple aligning itself with violent thugs, sadly, doesn't surprise me these days. Let us all look forward to a time when rap and hippo-hop music is wiped off the face
that will be a great day for humanity and the fight against evil.
$10 a month streaming will, of course, be a failure. But A it hardly wants to kill its golden goose, iTunes. It's just a sop to current trends, like the Apple Watch. Wearables will soon revert to dismal failure. The great thing is, however, that tech will get cheaper, and, in the light of such failure, will be a boon to us all.
A+ trolling
Rating: 29 Votes
Is anyone else as thoroughly unexcited about WWDC as I am? I'm curious to see this new music offering, but it's not exactly keeping me up at night.
* OS X 10.11
* Streaming music service
* Streaming TV service
* Apple TV refresh
This could be one of the most exciting WWDC keynotes in many years.
Rating: 15 Votes
Music is subjective, though.
People say Justin Bieber produces "bad" music.
Yet when hundreds of thousands of people enjoy his music, it's hard to say it's bad, as there's no objective way of deciding whether it's good or bad.
I couldn't disagree more.
There is good music and bad music. Whether one likes it or not is another matter.
Rating: 13 Votes
What dispiriting news.
The only good rap songs to have ever been written were a few hits of the 80s performed by the Beastie Boys, Andrew Lloyd Webber (Starlight Express), the Rock Steady Crew and the like.
Since then, all we have had is thuggish animal music whose advocates were particularly prevalent during the Ferguson riots.
Apple aligning itself with violent thugs, sadly, doesn't surprise me these days. Let us all look forward to a time when rap and hippo-hop music is wiped off the face
$10 a month streaming will, of course, be a failure. But A it hardly wants to kill its golden goose, iTunes. It's just a sop to current trends, like the Apple Watch. Wearables will soon revert to dismal failure. The great thing is, however, that tech will get cheaper, and, in the light of such failure, will be a boon to us all.
Not sure if serious.
But just in case, I reported you.
"Animal music" huh?
Just say what you'd really like to say, sir.
Rating: 11 Votes
What dispiriting news.
Rating: 10 Votes
bring back the good old forum layout!
Rating: 9 Votes
Drake, Pharrell and David Guetta thugs?
Pharrell actually questioned Michael Brown's actions before his altercation with the police, Drake is far from thuggish and have you seen David Guetta?
LOL Benny what the hell you smoking?
Rating: 8 Votes
Can we wait June 8?
Me.... I can't wait!!
Rating: 7 Votes
inb4 people acting superior about music... oh wait it's already started.
It's silly. Music is so incredibly subjective. I wish people would get off their high horses when it comes to this.
Rating: 7 Votes
I couldn't disagree more.
There is good music and bad music. Whether one likes it or not is another matter.
What a ridiculous comment.
I mean really indicative of some serious ignorance. Bethoven may be important to those who like classical, though the entire genre may be useless to those who like metal. Metal may be unlistenable to those who like pop.
Pop may be horrible to those who like emo, and emo may be an embarrassment to hip hop.
I for one have never given two sh*ts about Beethovens music. It's so low on my pecking order that it's been shelved, permanently.
I respect his place in music history and the impact it has had on much *more listenable* music. Many would feel the same about artists who I admire.
Do I think Beaber is sh%t? Yes.
But I am hardly one to say what his fans should be listening to.
Perhaps you should open your pallet to a wider range instead of patting yourself on the back for listening to abnoxious renditions of maniacs musical scibes.
Ever hear of Voxtrot, Pelical, Russian Circles or stanton moore?
Educate yourself and come back so we can had an educated discussion on the merits of music.
Rating: 6 Votes
');NS_AdDivs.push(NS_AdDiv);NS_AdZones.push(NS_AdZone);NS_Ads++;
7 hours ago on
9 hours ago on
14 hours ago on
15 hours ago on
1 day ago on
1 day ago on
2 days ago on
MacRumors attracts a broad audience
of both consumers and professionals interested in
the latest technologies and products. We also boast an active community focused on
purchasing decisions and technical aspects of the iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Mac platforms.
Arnold Kim
Editorial Director
Eric Slivka
Editor in Chief
Juli Clover
Joe Rossignol
Marianne Schultz
Jordan Golson
Contributing Editor
Husain Sumra
Contributing Editor
Mitchel Broussard