If you finish workyour work a little ________,you can go shopping with me 如何解答?

您好,欢迎来到新东方
您当前的位置: &
& 文章正文
2012年山东高考英语真题超精解
12:24&&作者:中学部&&来源:济南新东方学校&&字号:|
2012年山东高考真题超精解
济南新东方高中部教研团
听下面五段对话,回答第1至第5五个小题。
1.Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In a bookstore.
B. In a classroom.
C. In a library.
M: Excuse me, madam?
M: How long can I keep the book?
W: For one month. Please make sure you return the book before it’s due.
场景题。根据How long can I keep the book?以及return the book before it’s due判断出是在图书馆。
场景关键词:
stay, check in登记入住 check out结账离开 luggage,baggage, suitcase行李 book a room , (英) reserve预定房间(美)room key, room number, room card, double room双人房& single room 单人间 standard room标准间room service客房中心reception前台 (2010考过 front desk), board食宿full board全食宿(一天三顿), half board.半食宿(只有早餐和晚餐)
draw some money 取钱, withdraw.& save money 存钱,cash现金, check支票, credit card信用卡 , interest rate利率, saving account储蓄账户,open an account开户。
Restaurant :
recommendation 推荐菜没考过;take ones order点菜menu 菜单Today’s& special今日特色bill账单rare三分熟 medium 半生不熟,五分熟& medium well-done 七分熟 dinner,正餐soft drink,软饮料(不含酒精的饮料)treat sb, 请客go Dutch,各付各pay the bill,结账dish,一道菜main dish = main course主菜book a table,预定餐位a table for two 两人桌 tip 小费(10%)
2.At what tome will the film begin?
M: Hurry up, Jenny. It’s already seven. We’ll be late for the film.
W: Don’t worry, dear. We still have twenty minutes. And it takes only fifteen minutes to get there. We’ll be there just in time.
细节题。出现的第一个时间是7:00,但是woman说还有20分钟,只需要15分钟就可以赶到。题目问的是电影开始时间,所以应该选7:20。
3.What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. Their friend Jane.
B. A weekend trip.
C. A radio program.
M: I heard it on the radio that it’ll be sunny during the holiday weekend. Maybe we can take a trip to Boston.
W: That sounds great. I’ll call Jane to see if she’d like to join us.
推断题。Man听广播这周末天气很好,所以建议周末旅行,woman说会打电话问Jane要不要一起。谈话的主题是周末旅行。所以选B。虽然其他选项文中有提到,但是并不是谈话的主题。
4.What will the woman probably do?
A. Catch a train .
B. See the man off.
C. Go shopping.
W: It’s nearly eight. If you want to catch the nine o’ clock train, you’d better go now.
M: Don’t worry. I’ll drive to the station.
W: In that case, let me go with you. And you drive me off the city center. I’ll go to the open market.
推断题。题目问的是woman 要去做什么。对话结尾处提到you drive me off the city center. I’ll go to the open market.所以判断她要去购物。本题的重点是看清题目问的是man还是woman。
5.Why did the woman apologize?
A. She made a late delivery.
B. She went to the wrong place.
C. She couldn’t take the cake back.
W: I’m sorry. The cake is late. We’ll do better next time. I promise.
M: Well, I’m sorry too. You have to take it back. The birthday party is over and we don’t need the cake any more.
推断题。根据对话,woman是因为蛋糕送晚了才道歉。所以选A。delivery 投递,递送。
听下面一段对话,回答第6至第7两个小题。
6.Whose CD is broken?
A.Kathy’s.&&&&&&&&& B. Mum’s.&&&&&&&&& C. Jcak’s.
7.What does the boy promise to do for the girl?
&&& A. Buy her a new CD.
&&& B. Do some cleaning.
&&& C. Give her 10 dollars.
W: Oh. It’s broken! Jack is not going to be happy when he sees this. It’s his favorite CD. He’ll tell mum!
M: Please, Kathy. Can I borrow ten dollars? I’ll buy him a new one. And I’ll clean up your room.
细节题。对话中Jack is not going to be happy when he sees this. It’s his favorite CD.所以判断出是Jack的CD坏了。
细节题。Boy说借钱再帮Jack买一张CD。但是他承诺要为girl去做的事是打扫房间。所以选B。这个题易错选成A,但不是为girl买而是为Jack买。
听下面一段对话,回答第8至第9两个小题。
8.What does the man think of the meal?
A. Just so-so
B .Quite satisfactory
C. A bit disappointing
9. What was the 15% on the bill paid for?
A. The food
B. The drinks
C. The service
W: How did you like the dishes, sir?
M: Delicious, everything is excellent here. Thank you.
W: Do you want some coffee? Tea? Sir?
M: No, thanks. I’m fine, just pay the bill, please. How much your service charge?
W: 15 %and it is included in your bill .Thank you very much, sir. We look forward to see you again.
M: Sure, good night.
推断题。Delicious , everything is excellent here . Thank you.
细节题。男的问服务收费多少,女答15%。所以账单15%的收费是服务费。
听下面一段对话,回答第10至第12三个小题。
10.Why is the man in the shop?
&&& A. To order a camera for his wife
B. To have a camera repaired
C. To get a camera changed
11.& What color does the man want?
&&& A. pink&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. black&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. orange
12.& What will the man do afterwards?
&&& A. Make a phone call
&&& B. Wait until further notice
&&& C. Come again the next day
W: Can I help you?
M: Yes, my daughter bought this camera here for my wife’s birthday, but it doesn’t work. So I’d like to change for another one.
W: I see. Let me have a look. Well, we’ll be happy to change it for you. But I’m afraid we don’t have another pink one.
M: Oh? What will I do then?
W: Would you like to choose a different color? We do have this camera in black and orange.
M: My wife doesn’t like either of those colors.
W: If you want , we can order another camera. Just like this one. There won’t be any extra charge for it.
M: That sounds fine. Would you please go ahead it do that?&
W: We will be very happy to, but it will take at least a week, maybe ten days. We will call you when it comes in.
M: Thank you very much.
W: You are welcome.
细节题。my daughter bought this camera here for my wife’s birthday, but it doesn’t work. So I’d like to change for another one.可知来商店的目的是换相机。
推断题。But I’m afraid we don’t have another pink one.可知原相机是粉色,My wife doesn’t like either of those colors.他的妻子不喜欢其他颜色,所以这位先生还是要换原来的颜色。
推断题。We will call you when it comes in.可知货一到,店员就会通知这位先生,所以他现在需要做的就是等待。
听下面一段对话,回答第13至第16四个小题。
13.What would Joe probably do during the Thanksgiving holiday?
A. Go to a play&&&&&&&&&& B. Stay at home&&&&&&&&&&& C. Visit Kingston
14.What is Ariel going to do in Toronto?
A. Attend a party&&&&&&&& B. Meet her aunt&&&&&&&&&& C. See a car show
15.Why is Ariel in a hurry to leave?
A. To call up Betty&&&&&&& B. To buy Betty some DVDs&&& C. To pick up Daniel
16.What might the relationship between the speakers?
A. Classmates&&&&&&&&&& B. Fellow workers&&&&&&&&&& C. Guide and Tourist
W: Hi Joe, many people in our department are leaving for Thanksgiving, what are you going to do?
M: I think I’ll just stay at home, I may see some friends and watch a few DVDs, and I probably would go to the autowork car show. What about you, Ariel, what’s your plan?
W: I’m going to do some traveling with my family.
M: Oh, where to?
W: Toronto, and on our way we are going to visit my aunt Betty in Kingston.
M: That’s exciting. How long do you plan to stay?
W: Two days. I have a get-together party with my college friends on the 10th in Toronto. Oh, I’m afraid I’ve gotta to go now. My husband is waiting for me, and we’ll have to pick up Daniel from school. Have a nice holiday, Joe.
M: Thank you. You too.
细节题。前句问“what are you going to do?”,下句肯定就是答案“I think I’ll just stay at home”。
细节题。问的是女的在多伦多要干什么,所以说听女的的回答就可,“I have a get-together party with my college friends on the 10th in Toronto.”
细节题。还是问的女的为什么急着走,所以还是听女的,说丈夫在等,等她一起接孩子。
推测人物关系题。根据第一句“many people in our department are leaving for Thanksgiving, what are you going to do?”就可得知俩人是一个部门的同事。
听下面一段对话,回答第17至第20四个小题。
17.Where does Thomas Manning work?
A. In the Guinness Company
B. At a radio station
C. In a museum
18.Where did the idea of a book of records come from?
A. A bird-shooting trip
B. A visit to Europe
C. A television talk show
19.When did Sir Hugh’s first book of records appear?
A. In 1875&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. In 1950&&&&& &&&&&&C. In 1955
20.What are the two speakers going to talk about next?
A. More records of unusual facts.
B. The founder of the company.
C. The oldest person in the world.
W: Where can you look if you want to know how tall the tallest person in the world is, or who the oldest person in the world is. There is only one place where you’ll find all these information, and that’s the Guinness book of records. This morning we have someone in the Guinness Company that produce that famous book, Thomas Manning. Welcome to the program, Thomas.
M: Thanks Sue, it’s a pleasure to be here.
W: Perhaps you can start by telling us where the idea for the book came from.
M: Well, it was first suggested in the early 1950s. Sir Hugh Beever, the managing director of Guinness, was out shooting birds with some friends. A bird flew away so quickly that no one was able to shoot it. Sir Hugh wondered whether this bird was the fastest bird in Europe, and if it wasn’t the fastest, he wondered what was.
W: So I suppose he went to the nearest library to look for the information, and he couldn’t find it.
M: Yes, that’s exactly what happened. And this made Sir Hugh think there must be some other people inthe same situation who wanted this kind of information. He felt that, like himself, people would be interested in finding facts about records to satisfy the curiosity.
W: So the idea for a book of records born. And when did the first book come out?
M: A few years later.In 1955. So to answer your first question, the tallest person in the world is 231.7cm tall, and the oldest person is Jane Elle Comat, who was born in Feb, 1875.
W: There are also some other strange records, aren’t there, Thomas?
M: Yes, that’s right. Did you know, Sue, the shortest…
细节题。根据女的开场白介绍就可知,“This morning we have someone in the Guinness Company that produce that famous book, Thomas Manning.”
推断题。女问出这本书的想法从何而来,所以答案肯定在男的回答中,话说Sir Hugh有一天跟朋友去打鸟,然后……所以肯定是从打鸟而得。
细节题。女问第一本书何时出版的,男答,几年后,在1955年。
推断题。最后的最后女的问男的这本书中是否还有其他一些奇怪的记录,男答是的,所以接下来肯定是讨论那些稀奇古怪的记录的。
语法和词汇知识
(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
21. When you are done with the book, just give it to Lucy or Helen or ______.
&& A. whoever&&&&&&&& B. wherever&&&&&&&&& C. whatever&&&&&&&&& D. however
考点:代词
解析:句意“当你读完这本书,把它给Lucy,Helen或者其他人。”由句意可知空格处指人,而B. wherever任何地方,代指地点。C. whatever 无论什么,代指事物。D. however 然而,不符合句意。
22. —Sorry I’m late. I got stuck in traffic.
—______. You’re here now. Come in and sit down.
A. You are welcome&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. That’s right
C. I have no idea.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Never mind
考点:情景交际
解析:句意‘对不起我来晚了,路上堵车。——没关系,现在不是来了么,里边坐吧。’
A. You are welcome不客气,用于回答感谢 B. That’s right你说得对,表示同意对方观点。C. I have no idea. 我不知道A,B,C均不符合情景。D. Never mind没关系,用来回答对方的道歉。
23. Maria has written two novels, both of ______ have been made into television series.
&& A. them&&&&&&&&&&& B. that&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. which&&&&&&&&&&&& D. what
考点:定语从句
解析:句意‘Maria写了两本小说,这两本书都拍成了电视剧。’根据句子结构可知该句是定语从句,排除A,D,再根据逗号可知是非限制性定语从句,排除B,该从句用which引导,在从句中做主语,代指two novels。
24. My first ______ of him was that he was a kind and thoughtful young man.
&& A. expression&&&&&&& B. attention&&&&&&&&& C. satisfaction&&&&&&& D. impression
考点:名词辨析
解析:句意‘我对他的第一印象是他是一个善良体贴的小伙子。’第一印象 first impression 固定搭配,A. expression表达、 B. attention注意、C. satisfaction 满意均不符合句意。
25. It doesn’t matter ______ you pay by cash or credit card in this store.
&& A. how&&&&&&&&&&&& B. whether&&&&&&&&& C. what&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. why
考点:主语从句
解析:句意‘在这家商店里,你使用现金或信用卡支付都可以。’该句中,it做形式主语,真正的主语是后面的主语从句,而从句不缺主干,排除C。A. how 句意‘你如何使用现金或信用卡支付都可以’句意不通。D. why句意‘你为什么使用现金或信用卡支付都可以’句意不通。
26. George returned after the war, only ______ that his wife had left him.
&& A. to be told&&&&&&&& B. telling&&&&&&&&&&& C. being told&&&&&&&&& D. told
考点:非谓语动词
解析:句意“George战后回家,却被告知妻子已经离开了他。”分析句子结构可知,该句子没有连词,所以只能用非谓语,而George是被告诉用被动排除B。 being told做伴随状语,表示在回家的路上,被告知不符合逻辑。D. told表示先被告知妻子离开他,然后George战后回家,句子缺乏逻辑关系。A. 表示to be told 表示意外结果,战后回家却得知妻子已离他而去。
27. He smiled politely ______ Mary apologized for her drunken friends.
&& A. as&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. if&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. unless&&&&&&&&&&&& D. though
考点:时间状语从句
解析:句意‘当Mary为他喝醉的朋友们道歉时,他礼貌微笑。’B. if如果,主句要用虚拟语气would+动词原形, C. unless 除非,带入句意不通,D. though 尽管,带入句意不通。
28. After Jack had sent some e-mails, he______ working on his project.
&& A. had started&&&&&& B. has started&&&&&&&& C. started&&&&&&&&&&& D. starts
考点:动词时态
解析:句意‘Jack发了几封电邮之后,开始做他的项目。’在过去完成时之后发生的动作用一般过去时,所以选A。出现过去完成时表示过去的过去,所以必须有一般过去时表示过去作对比。
29. Being able to afford ______ drink would be ______ comfort in those tough times.
&& A. the&&&&&&&&& B. a&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 不填&&&&&&&&&& D. 不填; a
考点:冠词
解析:句意‘在那个艰难的日子,能够喝上一杯是非常快乐的事。’a drink 泛指一杯酒,the drink特指某一杯酒,但是句中看不出特指哪一杯酒,所以第一个空a, a comfort 抽象名词具体化,表示一件快乐的事,类似词有 surprise, success, failure, pleasure…
30. If we ______ adequate preparations, the conference wouldn’t have been so successful.
&& A. haven’t made&&&& B. wouldn’t make&&&&& C. didn’t make&&&&&&& D. hadn’t made
考点:虚拟语气
解析:句意‘如果当时我们没有做充分准备的话,会议就不会这么成功了。’由主句wouldn’t have done可知是对过去的虚拟,对过去虚拟从句用过去完成时。
31. —I don’t know about you, but I’m sick and tired of this weather.
—______. I can’t stand all this rain.
A. I don’t care&&&&&& B. It’s hard to say&&&&& C. So am I&&&&&&&&&&& D. I hope so
考点:情景交际
解析:句意‘我不知道你的感受,我是烦死这种天气了。——我也是,是在受不了这该死的雨。’A. I don’t care 我不在乎B. It’s hard to say 很难说 D. I hope so 希望如此均不符合对答逻辑。
32. A number of high buildings have arisen ______ there was nothing a year ago but ruins.
&& A. when&&&&&&&&&&& B. where&&&&&&&&&&& C. before&&&&&&&&&&&& D. until
考点:地点状语从句
解析:解析‘在去年的一片废墟中一座座高楼拔地而起。’where引导地点状语从句。
A. when 当去年一片废墟的时候,现在一座座高楼拔地而起。句子逻辑混乱。
C. before 在去年成为一片废墟之前,现在一座座高楼拔地而起。句子逻辑混乱。
D. until 现在一座座高楼拔地而起,直到去年成为一片废墟。句子逻辑混乱。
33. Be ______—you can’t expect me to finish all this work in so little time.
&& A. reasonable&&&&&& &B. confident&&&&&&&& C. creative&&&&&&&&&&& D. grateful
考点:形容词辨析
解析:句意‘讲点道理好不好,你不能指望我用这么点时间完成这么多工作’
&& Be confident 对自己有信心!be creative 有创意!Be grateful 很感激!都不符合语境。
34. The manager was concerned to hear that two of his trusted workers ______.
&& A. will leave&&&&&&&&& B. are leaving&&&&&&& C. have left&&&&&&&&&& D. were leaving
考点:动词时态
解析:句意‘经理听到他很信赖的两名员工要离职时,他感到很担心。’分析句子结构可知hear that后面跟宾语从句,主句是一般过去时,从句要用相应的过去时态,只有D是过去时态。根据句意也可分析,经理过去听说员工现在将要离职(A,B),或现在已经离职(C)是不可能的事,除非经理能‘穿越’。
35. After completing and signing it, please return the form to us in the envelope ______.
&& A. providing&&&&&&&&& B. provided&&&&&&&&& C. having provided&&&& D. provide
考点:非谓语
解析:句意‘填完表格并签字之后,请把表格装在我们提供的信封里交还给我们。’
分析句子可知没有连词,所以空格处必须是非谓语动词,然后信封(envelope)是被提供(provide),所以用被动,固选B。
21(代词)24(名词辨析)26(非谓语动词)28(动词时态)
29(冠词)33(形容词辨析)34(动词时态)35(非谓语)
22(情景交际)23(定语从句)25(主语从句)27(时间状语从句)
30(虚拟语气)31(情景交际)32(地点状语从句)
词法和句法考察各占一半,考点分布合理,试题难度适中,并没有偏题怪题。唯一意外的是之前一直说不考的虚拟语气考了一题(30)。
[1] Whenever we hear about “the homeless,” most of us think of the Developing World. But the 36& __is that homelessness is everywhere. For example, how many of us would expect to see people living on the streets of a &37 country like Germany?
我们无论什么时候听到“无家可归”这个词,大部分人会想到发展中国家。但是事实是流浪者无处不在。例如,我们又有多少人会期望在德国这样的富裕国家看到生活在街头的人?
[2] Kurt Muller and his wife Rita have spent eleven years making &&38& &for the homeless of Berlin, Germany’s capital. They first &39 one long hot summer when most Germans were &40 on holiday. Kurt and his wife stayed at home, made sandwiches, &41 a table in the street and gave food to the homeless.
库尔特·穆勒和他的妻子丽塔已经花了11年的时间为德国首都柏林无家可归的人做饭。他们首先开始于一个炎热漫长的夏天,那时大部分德国人都出去度假了。库尔特和他的妻子待在家中做完三明治后,在街道上放一张桌子为无家可归的人发放食物。
[3] The Mullers soon realised that food and clothing weren’t &42. “What these people also need is warmth and &43,” says Rita. The Mullersdidn’t &44 to give their phone number to the street people and told them to phone anything. Rita &45 there was somebody at home to answer the phone and their home was always& 46 &to anyone who couldn’t face another night on the street.
库尔特很快意识到只有衣食是远远不够的。丽塔说这些人还需要温暖和关爱。库尔特夫妇毫无犹豫地把他们的手机号给了街头的人并告诉他们如果有需要随时打电话。丽塔确保家中有人接电话。他们的房子总是为街头上的流浪者开放。
[4] The couple were soon &47 all their time and money, so Kurt visited food and clothing companies to &48& &donations. Today, over thirty companies &49 donate food and other goods to the cause and volunteers help to &50& &them to the homeless. The public also give clothes and money and a shoe producer &51 new shoes.
这对夫妇很快投入了他们所有的时间和金钱,所有库尔特拜访了一些食品和服饰公司并要求他们捐赠。现在有三十多家公司固定地为这个慈善事业捐赠事物及其他物品。并且有志愿者把这些物品送给无家可归的人。大众还捐赠衣服和钱,一个鞋生产商捐赠新鞋子。
[5] Kurt and Rita receive no &52 for their hard work. “We feel like parents, “ says Rita, “and parents shouldn’t &53 money for helping their children. The love we get on the streets is our salary.” Though Rita admits she often gets &54, she says she will continue with her work because she likes the feeling of having made a &55& &in the world.
库尔特和丽塔的艰辛劳动并没有收到任何的回报。丽塔说,“我们感觉就像父母,而父母帮孩子是不应该有报酬的。我们在街头上得到的爱就是我们的酬劳。”尽管丽塔承认她常感到疲倦,但是她表示将继续她的工作。因为她享受改变世界的感觉。
文章大意:本文是一篇记叙文,讲述一对德国夫妻十几年如一日对柏林街头的无家可归者提供无私帮助,为他们提供膳食、衣物,甚至将自己的房子对流浪者开放,并且不计回报,他们的善举赢得了社会的广泛支持和赞誉。
36. A. result
37. A. traditional
B. developing
C. typical
D. wealthy
38. A. preparations
D. suggestions
39. A. began
40. A. asleep
41. A. brought up
C. put aside
D. gave away
42. A. enough
B. necessary
C. helpful
D. expensive
43. A. fame
B. freedom
C. courage
44. A. hesitate
C. pretend
45. A. made sense
B. found out
C. made sure
D. worked out
46. A. open
B. crowded
47. A. costing
B. wasting
D. spending
48. A. pay for
B. ask for
C. look into
D. carry out
49. A. completely
C. regularly
D. roughly
50. A. advertise
C. deliver
51. A. donates
B. produces
C. designs
D. collects
52. A. permission
B. payment
C. direction
D. support
53. A. borrow
54. A. surprised
B. excited
55. A. profit
B. difference
C. decision
[解析] 考查名词。转折连词but前面提到大部分人认为无家可归只存在于发展中国家,后面提到流浪者无处不在,所以这是一个真理。第一句话只是说大部分人的观点,并不是原因,所以不选A。不能够说“但是原因或观点是流浪者无处不在”,所以C,D不对。A项干扰性强。
[解析] 考查形容词。此空和前面的developing(发展中的)的相对应,而且根据背景知识也知道德国是个发达的国家,所以选D。A项表示传统的;B项表示发展中的;C项表示典型的。
&[解析] 考查名词。通过第二段第二句话中的made sandwiches可知,这对夫妇是在做饭。A项make preparations表示“做准备”;D项make suggestions表示“提建议”。
[解析] 考查动词。通过第二段第二句话表明这对夫妇已经采取了行动,开始了他们的慈善活动,所以选A表示“他们首先开始于一个炎热漫长的夏天”。B、C、D都是及物动词后面需要接宾语。
&[解析] 考查副词和形容词。和“Kurt and his wife stayed at home, made sandwiches, set up a table in the street and gave food to the homeless.”形成对比,在假期大部分的德国人是外出度假,be away on holiday表示“外出度假”。
[解析] 考查动词短语。A项表示“养育,教养;提出”;B项表示“建立;竖立,架起,建造”;C项表示“保留;把…放在一边”;D项表示“赠送;泄露”。根据题意应该是在街头上架起了一张桌子。
&[解析] 考查形容词。由第三段第二句话中的“these people also need is warmth and caring”可知只是事物和衣服是远远不够的,所以选A。B、C表达相同的意思即“事物和衣服是没有必要的”;D表示“贵重的”。
&[解析] 考查名词。由下午库尔特夫妇开放他们的房子,说明这是他们对流浪者的一种关怀和关心,所以选D。A项表示“声誉,名望”;B项表示“自由”;C项表示“勇气”。
&[解析] 考查动词。由下文Rita make sure there was somebody at home to answer the phone可知库尔特夫妇给了流浪者他们是手机号,所以选A,而B、D表示没给;C项“假装”,也不符合题意。
[解析] 考查动词短语。根据文章应该是“丽塔确保家中有人接电话”,所以选C。A项表示“讲得通,有意义”;B项表示“找出”;D项表示“算出;弄懂;解决”。
[解析] 考查形容词。由文章知库尔特夫妇对流浪者开放他们的房子,所以选A。
&[解析] 考查动词。A项cost用于sth cost sbsth,主语必须是物,多指花费金钱,少数情况可指花费时间、气力,有时表示成本的消耗。C项take用于it takes sb…to do sth句型,仅只花费时间,必须用it作形式主语。D项spend用于sb spend … on sth或者sb spend…in doing sth, spend的主语必须是人,可以指花费时间、也可以指花费金钱。
[解析] 考查动词短语。由题意知库尔特拜访食品和服饰公司的目的就是要求他们捐赠,所以选B。A项表示“付出代价;因...受处罚”;C项表示“调查,观察”;D项表示“实行,执行;完成,实现”
[解析] 考查副词。根据句意应该是“现在有三十多家公司固定地为这个慈善事业捐赠事物及其他物品”,所以选C。A项表示“完全地”;C项表示“平静地;无风浪地”;D项表示“粗糙地;毛糙地”。
[解析] 考查动词。根据句意可知是“志愿者把这些物品送到流浪者手里”所以选C。A项表示“做广告”;B项表示“卖”;D项表示“借”。
&[解析] 考查动词。连词and前后表达的意思应当是一直的,前面说大众给衣服和钱,后面也应该是鞋商给新鞋,所以选A。B项表示“生产”;C项表示“设计”;D项表示“收集”。
[解析]考查名词。由下文parents shouldn’t &53&& &money for helping their children. The love we get on the streets is our salary可知库尔特夫妇的劳动并没有收到任何的回报。A项表示“允许,许可,准许”;C项表示“指引;管理”;D项表示“支持”
[解析] 考查动词。由句意可知我们在帮助孩子的时候,不应当期待得到报酬,所以选D。A项表示“借”;B项表示“筹集”;C项表示“节省;储蓄”。
&[解析] 考查形容词。有前文可知丽塔做很多的事情,所以她应当感到累,所以选C。A项表示“惊讶的”;B项表示“兴奋的”;D项表示“有趣的”。
[解析] 考查名词。A项make a profit表示“盈利”;B项make a difference表示“有影响,起(重要)作用”;C项make a decision表示“作出决定”;D项make a rule表示“制定规则”。整片文章讲库尔特夫妇救济柏林的流浪汉,他们所做的事情是有意义,有影响的,所以选B。
The Pacific island nation of Nauru used to be a beautiful place. Now it is an ecological disaster area. Nauru’s heartbreaking story could have one good consequence---other countries might learn from its mistakes.
For thousands of years, Polynesian people lived on the remote Island of Nauru, far from western civilization. The first European to arrive was John Fearn in 1798. He was the British captain of the Hunter, a whaling ship. He called the island Pleasant Island.
However, because it was very remote, Nauru had little communication with Europeans at first. Then whaling ships and other traders began to visit, bringing guns and alcohol. These elements destroyed the social balance of the twelve family groups on the island. A ten-year civil war started, which reduced the population from 1,400 to 900.
Nauru’s real troubles began in 1899 when a British mining company discovered phosphate(磷酸盐) on the island. In fact, it found that the island of Nauru was nearly all phosphate, which is a very important fertilizer for farming. The company began mining the phosphate.
A phosphate mine is not
it is a strip mine. When a company strip-mines, it removes the top layer of soil. Then it takes away the material it wants. Strip-mining totally destroys the land. Gradually, the lovely island of Nauru started to look like the moon.
In 1968, Nauru became one of the richest countries in the world. Every year the government received millions and millions of dollars for its phosphate.
Unfortunately, the leaders invested the money unwisely and lost millions of dollars. In addition, they used millions more dollars for personal expenses. Soon people realized that they had a terrible problem---their phosphate was running out. Ninety percent of their island was destroyed and they had nothing. By 2000, Nauru was almost financially ruined. Experts say that it would take approximately $433,600,000 and more than 20 years to repair the island. This will probably never happen.
56. What might be the author’s purpose in writing the text?
A. To seek help for Nauru’s problems.
B. To give a warning to other countries.
C. To show the importance of money.
D. To tell a heartbreaking story of a war.
57. What was Nauru like before the Europeans came?
A. Rich and powerful.
B. Modern and open.
C. Peaceful and attractive.
D. Greedy and aggressive.
58. The ecological disaster in Nauru resulted from ________.
A. soil population
B. phosphate overmining
C. farming activity
D. whale hunting
59. Which of the following was a cause of Nauru’s financial problem?
A. Its leaders misused the money.
B. It spent too much repairing the island.
C. Its phosphate mining cost much money
D. It lost millions of dollars in the civil war.
60. What can we learn about Nauru from the last paragraph?
A. The ecological damage is difficult to repair.
B. The leaders will take the experts’ words seriously.
C. The island was abandoned by the Nauruans
D. The phosphate mines were destroyed.
1. The Pacific island nation of Nauru used to be a beautiful place. Now it is an ecological disaster area. Nauru’s heartbreaking story could have one good consequence---other countries might learn from its mistakes.
太平洋岛国瑙鲁过去是一个美丽的地方。现在它确实一个生态灾难区。瑙鲁令人心碎的故事会有一个好的结果---那就是其他国家可能从它错误里面吸取教训。
岛国概况,大体知道这一“杯具”
2. For thousands of years, Polynesian people lived on the remote Island of Nauru, far from western civilization. The first European to arrive was John Fearn in 1798. He was the British captain of the Hunter, a whaling ship. He called the island Pleasant Island.
过去几千年来,波利尼西亚人住在瑙鲁岛偏远地区,远离西方文明。1798年,JF第一个踏上该岛。他是英国捕鲸船猎人号的船长。他把这个岛屿叫做“可人岛”。
简介小岛古代史,”可人岛”的由来
3,However, because it was very remote, Nauru had little communication with Europeans at first. Then whaling ships and other traders began to visit, bringing guns and alcohol. These elements destroyed the social balance of the twelve family groups on the island. A ten-year civil war started, which reduced the population from 1,400 to 900.
然而,因为距离遥远,瑙鲁一开始与欧洲文明几乎没有交流。然后捕鲸船和其他商人开始来造访,他们带来了火枪和酒精。这些元素毁坏了该岛12个家庭种族的社会平衡。10年内战打响了,内战造成岛内人口从1400人变成900人。
欧洲文明开始“强暴”小岛
4. Nauru’s real troubles began in 1899 when a British mining company discovered phosphate(磷酸盐) on the island. In fact, it found that the island of Nauru was nearly all phosphate, which is a very important fertilizer for farming. The company began mining the phosphate.
瑙鲁真正的麻烦始于1899年,一家英国采矿公司发现了该岛上富含磷酸盐矿。实际上,他们发现该岛几乎整个被磷酸盐狂所覆盖,而磷酸盐是农业非常重要的化肥原料。于是公司开始开采磷酸盐。
万恶资本家看上了小岛丰富的矿藏
5. A phosphate mine is not
it is a strip mine. When a company strip-mines, it removes the top layer of soil. Then it takes away the material it wants. Strip-mining totally destroys the land. Gradually, the lovely island of Nauru started to look like the moon.
磷酸盐的开采可不是在地面上打个洞;他是一种露天挖掘模式。当公司露天挖掘开采时候,会把土壤的表层全部移除。然后再拿走它想要的部分原料。露天采矿完全毁灭了该岛屿。慢慢的,秀美的瑙鲁岛开始变得像光秃秃的月球表层。
采矿导致环境崩溃
6. In 1968, Nauru became one of the richest countries in the world. Every year the government received millions and millions of dollars for its phosphate.
1968年,瑙鲁变成世界上最富有的国家。瑙鲁政府因磷酸盐矿每年收到无数的美金。
国家以牺牲环境为代价变得富有
7. Unfortunately, the leaders invested the money unwisely and lost millions of dollars. In addition, they used millions more dollars for personal expenses. Soon people realized that they had a terrible problem---their phosphate was running out. Ninety percent of their island was destroyed and they had nothing. By 2000, Nauru was almost financially ruined. Experts say that it would take approximately $433,600,000 and more than 20 years to repair the island. This will probably never happen.
然而,国家领导人投资不当,损失了大部分金钱。除此之外,他们把多少钱用于个人消费。不久后人们意识到他们面临一个非常严峻的问题---他们的磷酸盐要用光了。90%的岛屿陆地被摧毁,而他们却什么都没有留下。到2000年,瑙鲁已经机会在财政上破产了。专家称要花费大约433,600,000美元和超过20年来修理该岛屿。这几乎是不可能发生的。
赚钱使用不当;环境恶化的损失无法挽回。
大意:从前有个岛叫China 它曾经美丽得就像山水画里的姑娘,但历史变迁,受到外来的影响和脱贫理念影响,该小国以牺牲环境和不可再生资源为代价变成了GDP第二强国,但水土的流逝,空气的污染等一切代价是金钱所无法挽回的!
56. What might be the author’s purpose in writing the text?
A. To seek help for Nauru’s problems.
B. To give a warning to other countries.
C. To show the importance of money.
D. To tell a heartbreaking story of a war.
原文出处:Nauru’s heartbreaking story could have one good consequence—other countries might learn from its mistakes. 第一段第二句,破折号后面很显然奥
57. What was Nauru like before the Europeans came?
A. Rich and powerful.
B. Modern and open.
C. Peaceful and attractive.
D. Greedy and aggressive.
原文出处:
1-1The Pacific island nation of Nauru used to be a beautiful place.
2-4 He called the island Pleasant Island.
58. The ecological disaster in Nauru resulted from ________.
A. soil population
B. phosphate overmining
C. farming activity
D. whale hunting
原文出处:
Then it takes away the material it wants. Strip-mining totally destroys the land. Gradually, the lovely island of Nauru started to look like the moon.
59. Which of the following was a cause of Nauru’s financial problem?&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&
A. Its leaders misused the money.
B. It spent too much repairing the island.
C. Its phosphate mining cost much money
D. It lost millions of dollars in the civil war.
原文出处:7-1 Unfortunately, the leaders invested the money unwisely and lost millions of dollars.
60. What can we learn about Nauru from the last paragraph?
A. The ecological damage is difficult to repair.
B. The leaders will take the experts’ words seriously.
C. The island was abandoned by the Nauruans
D. The phosphate mines were destroyed.
原文出处:Experts say that it would take approximately $433,600,000 and more than 20 years to repair the island. This will probably never happen.
One of the greatest contributors to the first Oxford English Dictionary was also one of its most unusual. In 1879, Oxford University in England asked Prof. James Murray to serve as editor for what to be the most ambitious dictionary in the history of the English language. It would include every English word possible and would give not only the definition but also the history of the word and quotations(引文) showing how it was used.
This was a huge task, so Murray had to find volunteers from Britain, the United States, and the British colonies to search every newspaper, magazines, and book ever written in English. Hundreds of volunteers responded, including Williams Chester Minor. Dr, Minor was an American surgeon who had served in the Civil War and was now living in England. He gave his address as “Broadmoor, Crowthorne, Bekshire, ” 50 miles from Oxford.
Minor joined the army of volunteers sending words and quotations to Murray. Over the next 17 years, he become one of the staff’s most valued contributors.
But he was also a mystery. In spite of many invitations, he would always decline to visit Oxford. So in 1897, Murray finally decided to travel to Crowthorne himself. When he arrived, he found Minor locked in a book-lined cell at the Broadmoor Asylum(精神病院)for the Criminally Insane.
Murray and Minor became friends, sharing their love of words. Minor continued to the dictionary, sending in more than 10,000 submissions in 20 years. Murray continued to visit Minor regularly, sometimes taking walks with him around the asylum grounds.
In 1910, Minor left Broadmoor for an asylum in his native America. Murray was at the port to wave goodbye to his remarkable friend.
Minor died in 1920, seven years before the first edition of Oxford English Dictionary was completed. The 12 volumes defined 414,825 words, and thousands of them were contributions from a very scholarly and devoted asylum patient.&
61 .According to the text,the first Oxford English Dictionary _______.
A. came out before Minor died.
B. was edited by an American volunteer.
C. included English words invented by Murray
D. was intended to be the most ambitious English dictionary.
62. How did Dr. Minor contribute to the dictionary?
A. He helped Murray to find hundreds of volunteers.
B. He sent newspapers, magazines and books to Murray.&
C. He provided a great number of words and quotations.
D. He went to England to work with Murray.&
63. Why did Dr. Minor refuse to visit Oxford?
A. He was shut in an asylum.
B. He lived far from Oxford.
C. He was busy writing a book.
D. He disliked travelling.&
64. Prof. Murray and Dr. Minor became friends mainly because_____________.
A. they both serve in the Civil War.&
B. they had a common interest in words.
C. Minor recovered with the help of Murray
D. Murray went to America regularly to visit Minor.
65. Which of the following best describes Dr. Minor.
A. Brave and determined.
B. Cautious and friendly.
C. Considerate and optimistic.
D. Unusual and scholarly.&
阅读B 解析
1. One of the greatest contributors to the first Oxford English Dictionary was also one of its most unusual. In 1879, Oxford University in England asked Prof. James Murray to serve as editor for what to be the most ambitious dictionary in the history of the English language. It would include every English word possible and would give not only the definition but also the history of the word and quotations(引文) showing how it was used.
对于第一版牛津英文词典中最伟大的贡献者之一也是最特殊的一人。在1879年,英国牛津大学要求JM教授充当英语语言历史上最野心勃勃词典编制计划的编辑。该书会包括英文中可能出现过的每一个词,不但会给出解释,还有词源及表明该词用法的引文。
教授接到艰巨任务。
2. This was a huge task, so Murray had to find volunteers from Britain, the United States, and the British colonies to search every newspaper, magazines, and book ever written in English. Hundreds of volunteers responded, including Williams Chester Minor. Dr, Minor was an American surgeon who had served in the Civil War and was now living in England. He gave his address as “Broadmoor, Crowthorne, Bekshire, ” 50 miles from Oxford.
这可是一个艰巨的任务,所以M 不得不从英国,美国和英国殖民地来寻找志愿者来查询每张用英文撰写的报纸,杂志及书籍。数以百计地志愿者响应了M号召,其中包括了ECM. Minor博士是一名美国外科医生,以前内战中服役过,现在家住英格兰。他给出他的地址是“Broadmoor, Crowthorne, Bekshire, ” 距离牛津城50英里。
教授全面撒网求助,引入文章主人公Minor。
3. Minor joined the army of volunteers sending words and quotations to Murray. Over the next 17 years, he became one of the staff’s most valued contributors.
Minor加入了传送单词和引文给Murray的志愿者队伍。在接下来的17年里,他变成了这群人中最有价值的投稿人(贡献者)。
Minor 加入,脱颖而出
4,But he was also a mystery. In spite of many invitations, he would always decline to visit Oxford. So in 1897, Murray finally decided to travel to Crowthorne himself. When he arrived, he found Minor locked in a book-lined cell at the Broadmoor Asylum(精神病院)for the Criminally Insane.
但是他也是一个谜。尽管收到许多邀请,他却总是拒绝到牛津访问。所以1897年,Murray最终决定自己到Crowthorne走一趟。当他到达那里时,他发现Minor被锁在一个满是书本的小房间中,这个小屋坐落在给精神失常的犯罪人员准备的精神病院里面。
一团谜团,解密Minor真实身份。
5,Murray and Minor became friends, sharing their love of words. Minor continued contributing to the dictionary, sending in more than 10,000 submissions in 20 years. Murray continued to visit Minor regularly, sometimes taking walks with him around the asylum grounds.
Murray 和 Minor变成了好朋友,两人总是分享他们对于单词的喜爱。Minor继续为词典投稿做贡献,在20年中总共发送了超过10,000条稿件. Murray也继续经常看望Minor,有时候会陪着他在精神病院场地上散步。
双M基情四射
6, In 1910, Minor left Broadmoor for an asylum in his native America. Murray was at the port to wave goodbye to his remarkable friend.
1910年,Minor离开Broadmoor去了美国本地一家精神病院。Murray去港口和他卓越的好朋友道别。
蜜月结束,Minor回到美国老家。
7. Minor died in 1920, seven years before the first edition of Oxford English Dictionary was completed. The 12 volumes defined 414,825 words, and thousands of them were contributions from a very scholarly and devoted asylum patient.&
&&& Minor死于1920年,距离第一版牛津英文词典问世还有7年时间。这本长达12卷的书对414,825个单词进行了注释,其中上千个单词都来自一个非常学术而又特别专注的精神病院病人的投稿。
Minor的突出贡献。
61, According to the text,the first Oxford English Dictionary _______.
A. came out before Minor died.
B. was edited by an American volunteer.
C. included English words invented by Murray
D. was intended to be the most ambitious English dictionary.
原文定位:In 1879, Oxford University in England asked Prof. James Murray to serve as editor for what to be the most ambitious dictionary in the history of the English language.
62. How did Dr. Minor contribute to the dictionary?
A. He helped Murray to find hundreds of volunteers.
B. He sent newspapers, magazines and books to Murray.&
C. He provided a great number of words and quotations.
D. He went to England to work with Murray.&
原文出处:Minor continued contributing to the dictionary, sending in more than 10,000 submissions in 20 years.
63. Why did Dr. Minor refuse to visit Oxford?
A. He was shut in an asylum.
B. He lived far from Oxford.
C. He was busy writing a book.
D. He disliked travelling.&
原文出处:When he arrived, he found Minor locked in a book-lined cell at the Broadmoor Asylum(精神病院)for the Criminally Insane.
64. Prof. Murray and Dr. Minor became friends mainly because_____________.
A. they both serve in the Civil War.&
B. they had a common interest in words.
C. Minor recovered with the help of Murray
D. Murray went to America regularly to visit Minor.
原文出处:5段Murray and Minor became friends, sharing their love of words.
65. Which of the following best describes Dr. Minor.
A. Brave and determined.
B. Cautious and friendly.
C. Considerate and optimistic.
D. Unusual and scholarly.
原文出处:
1. One of the greatest contributors to the first Oxford English Dictionary was also one of its most unusual.
7. The 12 volumes defined 414,825 words, and thousands of them were contributions from a very scholarly and devoted asylum patient.&
66. What does the text mainly talk about?
A. the history of English language.&
B. the friendship between Murray and Minor
C. Minor and the first Oxford English Dictionary
D. Broadmoor Asylum and it’s patients.
主要讲的就是Minor 这个人和他对第一版词典的重要作用。B是强干扰,激情都是基于两者产生的。
San Francisco has its cable cars. Seattle has its Space Needle. And, Longview has its squirrel bridge. The bridge, which has attracted international attention, is now a local landmark.
The Nutty Narrows Bridge was built in 1963 by a local builder, Amos Peters, to give squirrels a way to cross the busy road without getting flattened by passing cars.
The original bridge was built over Olympia Way on the west edge of the library grounds. Before the bridge was built, squirrels had to avoid traffic to and from the Park Plaza office building where office staff put out a nutty feast for the squirrels. Many times, Peters and others who worked in and near Park Plaza witnessed squirrels being run over.
One day Peters found a dead squirrel with a nut still in its mouth, and that day`s coffee break discussion turned into squirrel safety. The group of businessmen cooked up the squirrel bridge idea and formed a committee to ask the blessing of the City Council(市政会). The Council approved, and Councilwoman Bess Lariviere jokingly named the bridge “Nutty Narrows”.
After architects designed the bridge, Amos Peters and Bill Hutch started construction. They built the 60-foot bridge from aluminum and lengths of fire hose(消防水带). It cost $1,000.
It didn`t take long before reports of squirrels using the bridge started. Squirrels were even seen guiding their young and teaching them the ropes. The story was picked up by the media, and Nutty Narrows became known in newspapers all over the world.
In 1983, after 20 years of use, Peters took down the worn-out bridge. Repairs were made and crosspieces were replaced. The faded sign was repainted and in July 1983, hundreds of animal lovers attended the completion ceremony of the new bridge.
Peters died in 1984, and a ten-foot wooden squirrel was placed near the bridge in memory of its builder and his devotion to the project.
67.&&& They Nutty Narrows Bridge was built in order to ___
A.offer squirrels a place to eat nuts
B.set up a local landmark
C.help improve traffic
D.protect squirrels
68.What happened over the coffee break discussion?
A.The committee got the Council`s blessing.
B.The squirrel bridge idea was born.
C.councilwoman named the& bridge.
D.A squirrel was found dead.
69.What does the underlined phrase “teaching them the ropes” probably mean in the text?
A.Passing them a rope.
B.Directing them to store food for winter.
C.Teaching them a lesson
D.Showing them how to use the bridge.
70.Which of the following is true of the squirrel bridge?
A.It was replaced by a longer one.
B.It was built from wood and metal.
C.It was rebuilt after years of use.
D.It was designed by Bill Hutch
71.What can we learn about Amos Peters?
A.He is remembered for his love of animals.
B.He donated $1,000 to build the bridge.
C.He was a member of the City Council.
D.He was awarded a medal for building the bridge.
阅读C 解析
1.San Francisco has its cable cars. Seattle has its Space Needle. And, Longview has its squirrel bridge. The bridge, which has attracted international attention, is now a local landmark.
旧金山有其独特的缆车,西雅图有独一无二的太空针塔,朗威尔有松鼠桥。这座桥已经成为了地标,吸引着国际的注意力。
介绍特色,引出地标
2.The Nutty Narrows Bridge was built in 1963 by a local builder, Amos Peters, to give squirrels a way to cross the busy road without getting flattened by passing cars.
“坚果独木桥”由一个名为Amos Peters的本地建造者于1963年建造,目的是防止松鼠过马路时被过往的车辆撞飞.
坚果独木桥
3.The original bridge was built over Olympia Way on the west edge of the library grounds. Before the bridge was built, squirrels had to avoid traffic to and from the Park Plaza office building where office staff put out a nutty feast for the squirrels. Many times, Peters and others who worked in and near Park Plaza witnessed squirrels being run over.
这座桥的雏形建于图书馆广场西面的Olympia Way上.在这座桥完工之前,由于Park Plaza办公楼的职员们经常会为松鼠们奉上丰盛的坚果盛宴,吸引着松鼠们留恋往返,交通受阻现象时有发生.Peters等在Park Plaza工作的员工数次目击到松鼠被撞飞.
引出有爱的人Peters
4.One day Peters found a dead squirrel with a nut still in its mouth, and that day`s coffee break discussion turned into squirrel safety. The group of businessmen cooked up the squirrel bridge idea and formed a committee to ask the blessing of the City Council(市政会). The Council approved, and Councilwoman Bess Lariviere jokingly named the bridge “Nutty Narrows”.
一天,Peters 发现一只死去的松鼠嘴里依然咬着一只坚果, 然后那天的下午茶时间的讨论话题变成了松鼠安全问题.这群生意人产生了建造一座松鼠桥的想法并且组成了一个委员会来督促市政府.最终市政府通过了此项提议,一名叫Bess Lariviere的女官员开玩笑,把这座桥命名为”坚果独木桥”.
解释独木桥的成因
5.After architects designed the bridge, Amos Peters and Bill Hutch started construction. They built the 60-foot bridge from aluminum and lengths of fire hose(消防水带). It cost $1,000.
建筑师设计完之后,Amos Peters与Bill Hutch开始一起建造这座桥.他有60英尺长,和消防水袋差不多,由铝做成.花费约1000美金.
筹备结束,开始造桥
6.It didn`t take long before reports of squirrels using the bridge started. Squirrels were even seen guiding their young and teaching them the ropes. The story was picked up by the media, and Nutty Narrows became known in newspapers all over the world.
很快松鼠过桥的消息传播开来.有人甚至目击到老松鼠带领着小松鼠,一步一步教他们过桥.这个故事传到了媒体的耳朵里,”坚果独木桥”也很快在世界各地的报纸上出现.
媒体捕捉,声名鹊起
7.In 1983, after 20 years of use, Peters took down the worn-out bridge. Repairs were made and crosspieces were replaced. The faded sign was repainted and in July 1983, hundreds of animal lovers attended the completion ceremony of the new bridge.
经历了20年的使用之后,在1983年,这座磨损的桥被Peters取了下来,进行了修整与横木加固,退迹的商标也被重新涂上.在1983年7月,数以百计的动物爱好者参加了新桥的完工庆典.
主人翁再献爱心
8.Peters died in 1984, and a ten-foot wooden squirrel was placed near the bridge in memory of its builder and his devotion to the project.
Peters于1984年去世,人们在桥旁边放了一只10英尺的木制松鼠,来纪念桥的建造者以及他对于这个计划的奉献.
好人去世,永垂不朽
68.&&& They Nutty Narrows Bridge was built in order to ___
A.offer squirrels a place to eat nuts
B.set up a local landmark
C.help improve traffic
D.protect squirrels
原文出处: One day Peters found a dead squirrel with a nut still in its mouth, and that day`s coffee break discussion turned into squirrel safety. The group of businessmen cooked up the squirrel bridge idea and formed a committee to ask the blessing of the City Council(市政会).
68.What happened over the coffee break discussion?
A.The committee got the Council`s blessing.
B.The squirrel bridge idea was born.
C.councilwoman named the& bridge.
D.A squirrel was found dead.
原文出处: One day Peters found a dead squirrel with a nut still in its mouth, and that day`s coffee break discussion turned into squirrel safety.
69.What does the underlined phrase “teaching them the ropes” probably mean in the text?
A.Passing them a rope.
B.Directing them to store food for winter.
C.Teaching them a lesson
D.Showing them how to use the bridge.
原文出处: guiding their young and teaching them the ropes 同义推断
70.Which of the following is true of the squirrel bridge?
A.It was replaced by a longer one.
B.It was built from wood and metal.
C.It was rebuilt after years of use.
D.It was designed by Bill Hutch
原文出处: In 1983, after 20 years of use, Peters took down the worn-out bridge.
71.What can we learn about Amos Peters?
A.He is remembered for his love of animals.
B.He donated $1,000 to build the bridge.
C.He was a member of the City Council.
D.He was awarded a medal for building the bridge.
原文出处:Peters died in 1984, and a ten-foot wooden squirrel was placed near the bridge in memory of its builder and his devotion to the project.
For those who are tired of doing the laundry, Samsung has found an answer: a washing machine that can tell you when your laundry is done via a smartphone app(application).
Strange though it may seem—“my wife already does that” was a common response among attendees viewing the device when it was introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show(CES) this week—Samsung is just one of many appliance makers racing to install(安装) a large number of internet-connected features in machines in an effort to make them”smart.”
Last year, it was a refrigerator that tweeted.This year, it’s Wi-Fi-enabled laundry machines and fridges that can tell you when you groceries are going bad.
The washers and dryers, available starting in the spring, connect to any smartphone through a downloadable application. The phone can then be used as a remote control, so the machines can be turned on and off while their owner is at work or on the bus.
Samsung says it’s not just something new- the app connection actually has some practical uses.
“If you started to dry clothes in the morning and forgot to take them out, you can go to your phone and restart your dryer for the time when you come home, so your clothes are refreshed and ready to go.” said spokesperson Amy Schimidt.
The company also says that with electricity rates(电价) varying depending on the time of day, more control over when the machines are used can help save money.
&& Perhaps, but what they will probably really accomplish is what all good technologies do-enable laziness. Rather than getting up to check on whether the laundry is done, users will instead monitor it on their phones while watching TV.
72. What can be inferred from the common response of the attendees at the CES?
A. The machine will be a big success
B. Their wives like doing the laundry
C. The machine is unrelated to their life
D. This kind of technology is familiar to them.
73. What can we learn about the new laundry machines?
A. They can tell you when your clothes need washing.
B. They can be controlled with a smartphone
C. They are difficult to operate
D. They are sold at a low price.
74. We can conclude from Samsung’s statements that_______.
A. the app connection makes life easier
B. it is better to dry clothes in the morning
C. smartphones can shorten the drying time
D. we should refresh clothes back at home.
75. What is the main idea of the last paragraph?
A. The laundry should be frequently checked.
B. Lazy people like using such machines.
C. Good technologies also cause problems.
D. Television may help do the laundry.
阅读D篇解析
1. For those who are tired of doing the laundry, Samsung has found an answer: a washing machine that can tell you when your laundry is done via a smartphone app(application).
对于那些厌倦洗衣服的人来说,三星已经找到了答案:当你的衣服洗完之后一种智型电话来告诉你衣服洗完的洗衣机。
&& 2. Strange though it may seem—“my wife already does that” was a common response among attendees viewing the device when it was introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show(CES) this week—Samsung is just one of many appliance makers racing to install(安装) a large number of internet-connected features in machines in an effort to make them”smart.”
尽管这看起来很奇怪——“我的妻子已经这样做过”是在消费者电子展览会上所有参会者听到这种设备介绍后的普遍反映。—三星仅仅是努力在机器上安装大量具有网络连接特征以使机器更加“智慧”的器械生产商之一。
&& 3. Last year, it was a refrigerator that tweeted.This year, it’s Wi-Fi-enabled laundry machines and fridges that can tell you when you groceries are going bad.
去年,它是一个能发出声音的冰箱。今年,它是一个无线功能的洗衣设备以及能够告诉你冰箱里杂物逐渐变质的冰箱。
&& 4. The washers and dryers, available starting in the spring, connect to any smartphone through a downloadable application. The phone can then be used as a remote control, so the machines can be turned on and off while their owner is at work or on the bus.
这些洗衣机和烘干机是在春季开始使用的,能够通过一种可以下载的应用和任何智能电话连接。这种电话能被用来远程控制,所以当机器的主人在工作时或者在公交车上可以打开或者关上机器。
&& 5. Samsung says it’s not just something new- the app connection actually has some practical uses.
三星说这不只是一些新的东西—这种应用连接实际上有一些实用功能。
&& 6. “If you started to dry clothes in the morning and forgot to take them out, you can go to your phone and restart your dryer for the time when you come home, so your clothes are refreshed and ready to go.” said spokesperson Amy Schimidt.
“如果你在早上开始烘干衣服但忘记把他们拿出来,当你到家时你可以打电话重启你的烘干机持续一段时间,所以你的衣服会焕然一新,就可以晾晒了” 发言人Amy Schimidt说道。
&& 7. The company also says that with electricity rates(电价) varying depending on the time of day, more control over when the machines are used can help save money.
公司也说道:随着不断变化的电价取决于一天的时间,多控制机器的使用能够帮助节约金钱。
&& 8. Perhaps, but what they will probably really accomplish is what all good technologies do-enable laziness. Rather than getting up to check on whether the laundry is done, users will instead monitor it on their phones while watching TV.
但是,他们有可能真正达成的东西也是所有好技术能产生的东西—促使懒惰。使用者不会站起来去检查是否洗衣完成了而是在看电视的时候通过手机来检查它。
72. What can be inferred from the common response of the attendees at the CES?
A. The machine will be a big success
B. Their wives like doing the laundry
C. The machine is unrelated to their life
D. This kind of technology is familiar to them.
推断题。通过锁定关键词the common response of the attendees at the CES,找到文章第二段,“my wife already does that” was a common response among attendees viewing the device when it was introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show(CES) this week。可以判断这种洗衣工作实际上妻子都做过,所以很熟悉。
73. What can we learn about the new laundry machines?
A. They can tell you when your clothes need washing.
B. They can be controlled with a smartphone
C. They are difficult to operate
D. They are sold at a low price.
事实细节题。【1】For those who are tired of doing the laundry, Samsung has found an answer: a washing machine that can tell you when your laundry is done via a smartphone app(application). 第一段提到了这种设备的作用和工作方式。A项不是衣服需要洗告诉你,而是衣服洗完了告诉你,C和D 都没涉及到。
74. We can conclude from Samsung’s statements that_______.
A. the app connection makes life easier
B. it is better to dry clothes in the morning
C. smartphones can shorten the drying time
D. we should refresh clothes back at home.
推断题。通过锁定关键词Samsung’s statements找到文章第五段和第六段。【5】Samsung says it’s not just something new- the app connection actually has some practical uses.他们具有实用功能。能够让生活更简单。
75. What is the main idea of the last paragraph?
A. The laundry should be frequently checked.
B. Lazy people like using such machines.
C. Good technologies also cause problems.
D. Television may help do the laundry.
主旨大意题。【8】Perhaps, but what they will probably really accomplish is what all good technologies do-enable laziness. 好技术也会产生懒惰,也就是好技术会产生问题。
阅读表达&& 15分
[1] Ashley Power’s mother bought a computer for her when she was eight. When she was thirteen, she was surfing the Internet regularly, but she couldn’t find anywhere for teenagers to meet and talk. And one dayshethought, “If I had my own website, I’d make it a really interesting site for teenagers.”
在AP8岁时,母亲给她买了台电脑。13岁时,她经常上网,但是找不提供年轻人认识并且交流的地方。一天她想“如果我能有自己的网站,就能把它打造成一个年轻人专属的非常有趣的地方。”
小萝莉的萌动:创网站
&[2] So, when Ashley was sixteen, she launched her own website, called GooseHead. She had no idea how big a success it would be, but three years later, the site was the most successful teen site in the USA! It was getting 100,000 hits every day, and Ashley had about 30 employees.
当A16时,她创立了自己的网站——“GooseHead”。她没有想过这个网站将来能多成功,但是3年之后,成为美国最牛叉的年轻人的网站!每天有10万点击量,并且A有大约30个员工。
青春期少女的成功:最牛叉网站建立
&[3] After a few years, the website closed down. Then Ashley, who lives in Los Angeles, was asked to write a book called The GooseHead Guide to Life. The book is about how to design a website and start a business. It begins with a section called “All About Ashley,” where Ashley tells readers what it is like to be the boss of a company when you are only sixteen. ”I was so happy. But it was crazy in a lot of ways. I got very stressed. I mean, I was only sixteen --- I didn’t even have a car! If you were sixteen and you had your own company, you’d be stressed, too!”
几年之后,这个网站关闭了。之后,住在洛杉矶的A应邀写一本叫The GooseHead Guide to Life的书。主要是关于如何设计这个网站,并且开创了这个产业。第一部分叫“A是什么样的一个人”,在里面A告诉读者当你只有16岁,做公司老板是什么样的。“我很开心,但是在很多方面是很疯狂的。我压力很大,我的意思是,我才刚刚16岁。我甚至没有一辆车!如果你16岁,你有自己的公司,那么你也会有同样的压力!”
写书分享创业经验
&[4] In an interview Ashley gave advice to teenagers who wanted to start their own business, “Just be strong and have your dreams and work hard at them. And don’t listen when ________, because I heard ‘no’ a lot. Just keep going until you hear ‘yes’!”
在访谈中,A也给那些想要开创自己事业的年轻人建议,“变得坚强,拥有梦想,努力奋斗。当别人否定你的时候不要听,因为我听过很多的no。只需要勇往直前直到你听到yes为止。”
给众热血创业屌丝的建议
76. For what purpose did Ashley create GooseHead? (no more than 10 words)
She wanted to create an interesting website for teenagers.
77. What is the main idea of Paragraph 2? (no more than 6 words)
Ashley’s GooseHead was a big success.
78. According to Paragraph 3, what did Ashley do after GooseHead closed down? (no more than 10 word.)
She wrote a book called The GooseHead Guide to Life.
79. How did Ashley feel as a young boss of company? (no more than 5 words)
She felt happy but stressed.
80. Fill in the blank in Paragraph 4 with proper words.
People tell you that you can’t do it.
写作& 30分
假如你是新华中学的学生李华,不久前在学校举办的英语竞赛中获得一等奖。要校报请你写一篇稿件刊登在英文版面上,介绍你课外学校英语的经验。
1.参加英语角的益处
2.坚持写英语日记的作用
3.英文阅读网站(EnjoyReading)对你的帮助
120——150
Hello, everyone.& I am Li Hua, a senior 3 student.& It is my honor to share my experience about how to do with learning English in our spare time.&
First, take part in the English corner as much as possible, in which you can not only practice all kinds of subjects, but also make good friends with foreign students.& Above all, don’t be don’t be afraid to make mistakes.& Just as a motto goes, “The more mistakes you make, the more progress you make.”
Second, keep a dairy in English.& How important and useful!& It was by using this method that I gradually learned to use various sentence patterns.& If you accumulate one hundred sentence patterns, you can easily multiply your knowledge!&&
Finally, visiting EnjoyReading, a well known English website for teenagers, is also a great way to upgrade your English. As the site covers the latest information, I taste many current issues at home and abroad. Meanwhile, I have learned more practical sentences and vocabularies than I ever did form textbooks.
That’s all. Just follow the suggestions above and go ahead.& I hope you can make English a part of your life and share your success stories with me in the future!
All the best!
I am LiHua. It is an honor for me to be invited to introduce some experience in learning English after class. I got the first prize in the English contest, held few days ago. I believe the key point should be attributed to following methods./(It is the following methods that lead to my success.)
To start with, English corner plays an important part. Taking part in/attending English corner, where we are supposed to communicate with others in English, is an effective way to improve our oral English. In addition, keeping dairy is another helpful approach. We can practice our competence of expressing ourselves by setting down what happened during the whole day. What’s more, if possible, you still can turn to a website, named as EnglishReading.
Actually, there remains varied means for English learners. Only if we find the most suitable one and insist on it, will it be possible for us to enjoy English learning.
更多文章推荐
相关文章导读

我要回帖

更多关于 finish work 的文章

随机推荐