my loveado you like sweetook like aflower so sweet and beau

My love You are like a flower So sweet and pure and fair这句话是什么意思?_百度知道
My love You are like a flower So sweet and pure and fair这句话是什么意思?
我有更好的答案
我的爱,你就像一朵花,如此的甜蜜,美丽和时尚谢谢采纳
我爱你就像一朵花那么甜蜜、纯洁而秀雅
我对你的爱就像花一样,甜蜜、真实,而又公平。
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁Ana Anfruns
Where are you from? Barcelona, Spain What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a student at University of Navarra at Pamplona,& a nice little city in the north of Spain. My first summer camp experience:&At Songa when I was 9 years old. I will always remember how welcomed and loved I felt& by all the other campers and staff in my cabin& even though I& barely& knew& how to speak English!!! My favorite season: Summer, because it& is when I can spend most time in the outdoors and enjoy nature.
Hayley Arader
Where are you from? I grew up in Stamford, CT. What do you do when not working at Songa? I'm a rising senior at Harvard University, where I play on the club field hockey and club lacrosse teams and study Government and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. What do you love about Songa? I love that although Songa is focused on friendship and fun, there is also a really physically challenging aspect. Tripping can be really hard! As a camper, Songa gave me the opportunity to really push myself, and by the end of the summer I was always so strong (and so proud!). &My favorite season: Summer--because I get to come to Songadeewin! When I was younger, I used to start my countdown around 300 days before. My most recent adventure: In January, a few friends from school and I drove up the California Coast and went camping in Big Sur. I had never been camping on the West Coast before, and although it's much different from New England, it is so beautiful. My favorite salty snack: I love eating pretzels with peanut butter. I can&t live without: My Nalgene! I take it with me everywhere. &
Eva& Bartels
Where are you from? New York&What do you do when not working at Songa? I am currently a student at the University of Vermont studying Psychology, Family Studies and Human Development, as well as Gender and Women Studies. My favorite season: &Fall! Vermont offers some of the most beautiful hikes and &countryside that are made all the better during the fall. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be a playwright. I loved seeing plays and musicals on Broadway and thought it would be cool to create my own. My most recent adventure: This past year I accompanied the UVM Outing Club on a trip up Mount Mansfield. Since it was mid-February, the temperatures were freezing and the snow was piled high which made the trip a difficult one. However, the great group of people I was with and amazing end view made it very worth it!
Melina Bartels
Where are you from? Staten Island, NY What do you do when not working at Songa? I am at Dartmouth College for the next year and a half getting a BA and a BE. My first summer camp experience: Coming to Songa when I was nine. I had dropped my older cousins off for years and remember telling my mom that I wanted to stay next time. My hero: My high school physics teacher, who I have stayed in touch with throughout college. She taught me how to trust my intelligence and get my voice heard in my classes. I have always valued this because, as an engineering major, I am often one of a few women in class. My favorite season: I love the fall. The weather is the best, the trees are beautiful, and Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday.
Britney &Brit& Bilodeau
Where are you from? Whiting, VT What do you do when not working at Songa? &Softball!!!!! Being in the sun and enjoying the outdoors. Hanging with family and friends. I love adventure! My favorite music:& I love country and hip hop. &My favorite country artist is Miranda Lambert. My dream job when I was 12: When I was 12 I wanted to become an FBI Agent. I can&t live without softball and my cats because they put a smile on my face! The best advice I ever received: It will always work out...never give up! (from my Gram)
Kempley Bryant
Where are you from? Berwyn, PA What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a kindergarten teacher in Newtown Square, PA and I am a mom of three children, Bethany, Helena and Benjamin. My favorite season: Spring, especially in the mid-Atlantic region where I live. I love seeing all the trees in bloom and the new life all around, and being able to enjoy the longer, warmer days!
Faith Carbon
Where are you from? New York, NY What do you do when not working at Songa? &I am a student at Smith College studying English Language and Literature. What do you love about Songa? I think it's really important for young girls to be a part of a community that encourages their sense of confidence and bravery. &In a world where females are often undermined and objectified,& Songa provides the type of environment that allows young women to choose what they do with their bodies, and show the world that it is far more important what our bodies can do than what they look like. My first summer camp experience:& At Songa when I was ten. It was a life-changing experience that keeps me and some of my best friends coming back every summer. My favorite music:& There is no bad mood that Beyonce can't get you out of. My most recent adventure: I managed to get myself lost in Central Park recently. So, as a native New Yorker, the adventure was finding my way out without losing my dignity. My favorite salty snack: Cool Ranch Doritos The best advice I ever received: &Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it.& -Sylvia Plath
Natalie& &Nat& Chapman
Where are you from? Western Australia. I live in a town just south of Perth called Mandurah. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a Primary School teacher and have been working at a local Primary School (Elementary School as Americans call it) for the past year. Recently, I have been working in a High School for a term before I take off for Summer Camp. I really enjoyed working in the High School, I got to work with the special needs unit. My favorite season: Autumn and Spring, I love the changing seasons. When it starts getting cool from the scorching Summer or starts heating up from the freezing Winter. Just as I am getting over the extreme weather of the Summer or Winter the changing seasons come, that is my favourite time of year. My dream job when I was 12: Funnily enough I wanted to be a teacher, so I became a teacher.
Rachel Christopher
Where are you from? I have always lived either in Boston or less than 2 miles away - but Vermont , Chatham NJ, and& Ireland are my& favorite places on Earth. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a school nurse at a large urban elementary school in Revere, MA. Our 680 students hail from over 40 different countries, and speak 34 different languages at home! My first summer camp experience: Camp Nihan when I was 8 years old. I was a Blue Bird with the Campfire Girls. I loved camp so much I begged my mother to become a counselor so that I could go all summer! My hero: The person who influenced me more than any other was my Nana. She was a person who had unwavering faith in other people, always. She never attended& high school, going to work as a domestic at age 14. But as the 12th of 13 children, she put her younger brother through college. Her entire life, she took care of other people: her ailing parents, her children, her siblings as they aged, her grandchildren, and her husband, who died at home, just as he wanted. She found joy in very small, tender moments.To this day, there aren't many things I enjoy more than a fresh Jersey tomato, folding clean towels, fireflies, or a brand new box of crayons. I learned that from her.
Julia Cluss
Where are you from? Middlebury, Vermont. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a rising sophomore at the University of Vermont. I am studying nursing, and am also a member of the Synchronized Figure Skating team. In my free time, I love to hike, cook, play tennis, and enjoy the outdoors! My favorite season: My favorite season is spring. Brutal Vermont winters have taught me to appreciate spring and mud season once the temperature begins to rise. I also love spring because I can look forward to summer, which means I get to go to camp! My dream job when I was 12: When I was younger I rode horses, so I wanted to be a large animal veterinarian.
Becky Colfer
Where are you from? Dracut, Massachusetts What do you do when not working at Songa? Study Education and Psychology at Smith College. My favorite season: I would have to say the summer. A lot of my favorite memories from childhood are of spending long, fun days on the beach with friends. My dream job when I was 12: To be a teacher! I used my younger sister as my student and set up a desk and chalkboard in my basement. My most recent adventure: My first year of college.
Bruce Douglas
Where are you from? Right here in Vermont. I was born in Middlebury. What do you do when not working at Songa? Retired teacher/school bus driver. My favorite season: Autumn! Since I live here in Vermont that really needs no further explanation. My favorite music:& My musical background was formed during the 'great folk scare' of the sixties. I like Dylan, PP&M, Tom Rush, Arlo Gutherie etc. My most recent adventure: My most recent adventure was taking& 5th graders on a three-day outing to Cape Cod. Driving a school bus through Boston in Memorial Day traffic is enough adventure for anyone.
Lesley Dunakin
Where are you from? I'm originally from New Hampshire but have lived in Vermont since 1995. My husband and I met in Vermont and decided to stay and raise a family. What do you do when not working at Songa? I'm a clinical mental health clinician. I have been working for the Counseling Service of Addison County for seven years. The last two years, I've been a school based clinician at Middlebury Union High School. When I'm not at work, I'm caring for my two amazing daughters. My favorite season: I love fall in Vermont. The warm days that roll into crisp evenings. It gets our family geared up for the ski season. My dream job when I was 12: I always thought at a very young age I would be a teacher.& I graduated with a degree in elementary and special education and followed that dream. After years being with children of a variety of ages, I decided to pursue a masters in psychology.&
Fred Dunnington
Where are you from? I grew up in Montreal, moved south to Vermont and graduated from UVM '77, and have lived in the Middlebury area since 1981. I am at Camp Songadeewin working part- time, primarily driving vans for Camp trips. What do you do when not working at Songa? Last summer I retired from a 32-year professional career as Middlebury's Town Planner- - and since then have lived aboard a 42' sailboat. When Dorothy and I are not not cruising / exploring, I work on maintaining and improving our house in Middlebury. My dream job when I was 12: Anything involving water and watercraft...sail or motor.... Also anything involving tractors, excavators, and power equipment / tools. My most recent adventure: August 2013 - May 2014, sailing from Rhode Island down the US east seaboard, across to the Abacos and Exumas (Bahamas), then back again to RI, just Dorothy and me, alternating as captains-of-the-day. We learned to study and understand weather systems, ocean conditions and life at sea, and we completed passages of 65 hrs+, while meeting lots of friendly similar cruisers and exploring new beautiful places.&
Naomi Feiguine
Where are you from?&Irvington, New York- it is a little suburb outside New York City. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a rising sophomore at St. Lawrence University where I am a member of the equestrian team and the Outing Club. My favorite season: My favorite season is fall! I love the colors of the leaves and the sound they make when you step on them. I also like being outside in crisp air. My favorite music: I love most genres of music, but my favorite is alternative rock like The Avett Brothers, Mumford and others. I also really like The Grateful Dead and The Band. Listening to music from different generations is awesome because you can see how the industry has changed over time.&My dream job when I was 12: To be a vet. I wanted to work with race horses in Kentucky. My most recent adventure: My most recent adventure was with my friend Alejandra. We took a ten mile hike up a local mountain, Bear Mountain. It was our first time hiking together and it was a lot of fun.
Ellen Flight - Director
Where are you from? In the winter I live in Middlebury, Vermont and in the summer I live at Songa! What do you do when not working at Songa? I volunteer for Everybody Wins! at the Salisbury Community School. I am a part of several groups at my church. Also, my elderly parents live in Middlebury and I am regularly involved in helping them. What do you love about Songa?& As a camper I always loved tripping and as an adult I have enjoyed both canoeing and hiking trips. When& I ran Annwi I regularly tripped with the campers. I think what I like best about tripping is living so closely in the midst of nature and living simply. I also enjoy fire building, walloping and listening to loons. My first summer camp experience: I was 9 months old my first summer at Keewaydin - my father was a Wigwam Director and we lived on &Ladies Row& in Waramaug.& In 1967 I went to Songadeewin on Lake Willoughby for the first of nine summers, concluding with a summer on the Songa staff in 1975. In 1977 I first worked at Keewaydin Dunmore. That year& I was the babysitter, then I ran the Wangan Room for eight years, followed by a summer as the bookkeeper and then I followed in my father's footsteps as the Annwi& Wigwam Director. My first summer at Songa on Lake Dunmore was 1999. My favorite season: I love the fall in part because my birthday is in the early part of the season.& I also love the colorful foliage, the little nip in the air, and it's apple season, too. My dream job when I was 12: I wa I was a 7th and 8th grade classroom teacher for 15 years! My favorite salty snack: I love a good Frito! I can&t live without: Mah Jongg. For the last 10 years I've been regularly playing with a group of friends and we've even gone on a week-long trip to play in Mexico. It's quite different from the game many people are familiar with from the computer although the tiles are the same. It a mix of Rummy, Bridge and Dominos with luck, strategy and a few Chinese words all in the mix.
Alex Germek
Where are you from? Burlington, VT What do you do when not working at Songa? Study Video Game Art and Animation at Champlain College. What do you love about Songa? The friendships I've built both as a camper and a staff really have lasted a life time. As a camper, Songa was a place where I was free to make my own decisions and to try new things (and sometimes fail at them) without consequence. That freedom really made a difference to me as a kid. I love Stones because I can be super competative and that game is a great outlet for it. I usually end up skinning my knees but its worth it. I also love movie night, because movies are meant to be watched with 100 of your closest friends laughing, crying, singing and cheering along with you. My favorite music:& Florence and the Machine, Pearl Jam and AC/DC. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be a paleontologist becuase I really liked dinosaurs. But I quickly discovered I have very little patience for digging, so now I just draw them. My most recent adventure: I climbed Camel's Hump with two fellow Songa staff in April, not realizing in April in Vermont the mountain tops are knee deep in snow. It was very challenging, but it was also a lot of fun and made a great story.
Elizabeth &Eliza& Giles
Where are you from? Santa Barbara, California. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a rising sophomore at the School of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania. I am on the women's club lacrosse team, a brother of the Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity, and I am on the board of the Hospice volunteer organization. My first summer camp experience: I was 10 years old in my first summer at Songadeewin. I kept very busy dipping every morning and scrambling up the rock climbing wall. The Saturday Spectacular was my favorite time of the week. My favorite music:& I love folk music by Bon Iver, rock like the Rolling Stones and The Beatles, and electronic stuff too. My favorite song is Feel Flows by The Beach Boys. My dream job when I was 12: National Geographic Photographer and President of the National League of Baseball.
Megan Graves
Where are you from? Vienna, Virginia What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a student at Elon University, and am currently majoring in Psychology with minors in Early Childhood Education and Spanish. I play on Elon's Women's Club Lacrosse team and compete with various universities in North Carolina. I volunteer at the Positive Attitude Youth Center in Burlington, North Carolina, where I tutor and play recreational games with elementary school children after school. I also love the beach, photography, and am very passionate about working with children with developmental challenges. My favorite music:&&Country music, I especially like Luke Bryan. While I'll listen to any type of music, I love country and the atmosphere of country/folk concerts. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be a lawyer and a photographer. I imagined myself in Washington, DC as a lawyer, but also a photographer traveling all throughout Africa and Asia--two continents I was desperately wishing to visit at that age. My most recent adventure: Last summer, I went to Rwanda, a small county in east Africa. I learned a lot about the Genocide, but I mostly just soaked in the culture while I visited. I stayed in Kigali, went to many villages around the city, and learned a lot about the Rwandan history, land, and its people.
Daliborka& &Dali& Grdic
Where are you from? Karlovac, a small town in Croatia. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a history and geography teacher in elementary school. I spend my free time in nature with my dogs, hanging out with friends and family, watching movies and discovering interesting things. My hero: My dad is my hero because he was an extraordinary man and he always supported me in everything. Trips with him in nature have always been interesting. My favorite season: My favorite season is spring because all nature is in bloom. I like the colors and brightness of the sun at this time. My favorite music: I like listening to rock, jazz, blues. One of my favorite bands is The National. My dream job when I was 12: When I was 12 I wanted to be an archaeologist because I liked Indiana Jones movies and I wanted to explore the world like him.
Adrianna Gregory
Where are you from? Huntington Beach, California What do you do when not working at Songa? Just graduated with my Bachlors in Psychology at Mount Saint Mary College, and am starting at New York Medical College in the fall to receive a Masters in Speech-Language Pathology! When not studying, I enjoy going on adventures, yoga, acting, singing, and dreaming about sitting in a canoe on Lake Dunmore. My hero: My grandmother. She was truly the most inspiring person I have met in life so far. Despite the hardships she faced, she always pursued her passions and had a tough yet positive attitude. She truly balanced strength and compassion, and spoke her mind with sincerity. I first heard the &quote &happiness is like a butterfly& from her, and it is something I live by! My grandmother embodied the definition of a strong, determined, and passionate female - always with a smile on her face. My favorite music: I love love love music. There is nothing more soothing to me. So, to name a few bands/artists who inspire me: The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Elton John, Bombay Bicycle Club, Rilo Kiley, Mumford and Sons, Dave Matthews Band....the list goes on! My most recent adventure: My friend and I biked from Poughkeepsie, NY to New Paltz, NY totaling about 20 miles one way. We biked over the bridge &The Walkway over Hudson& and the Rail Trail where we were surrounded by forests and ponds. It was beautiful! &On the way back, it started pouring rain in combination with thunder and lightning, so our drenched selves took a very expensive taxi all the way back home. I remember laughing with joy at the adventure and feeling nostalgic because the whole scenario reminded me of something that would have occurred at camp!
Willa Gutfreund&
Where are you from? Chappaqua, NY What do you do when not working at Songa? I will be a junior at Haverford College in the fall. What do you love about Songa?& Canoeing. I love that canoeing is a big part of the Keewaydin and Songadeewin tradition. Practicing and learning different strokes and maneuvers is pretty rewarding, too. My first summer camp experience: When I was about eight months old and spent my first summer at Keewaydin with my family. I've been back at camp every summer since! My favorite season: I really like fall weather, but I love summer because it's camp time. Nothing beats that! My most recent adventure: My most recent adventure was doing Section 1 at Keewaydin Temagami. Our section spent six weeks on the water, paddling the Pipestone, Schade, and Severn Rivers and ending in Fort Severn, the northernmost community in Ontario, on the Hudson Bay. Funky Fact: &At school, I'm on the cricket team. I never had the opportunity to play cricket before going to college, but luckily Haverford has the only Varsity collegiate cricket program in the country and I was able to walk on to the team at the beginning of the year.
Where are you from? A little beach town in Melbourne, Australia. What do you do when not working at Songa? I will be exploring and traveling, whether that means driving to different places and meeting new people or hanging out with my new Songa friends. My favorite season: SUMMER!!! The sunny blue skies and warm weather bring everyone out and about. No better time to be active and outdoors. My most recent adventure: I just finished working in a Ski Resort in British Columbia, Canada. I had the privilege of meeting amazing new people whilst learning a com basically living the dream. I had never seen the snow before so the whole experience blew my mind.&
Katherine &Kate& Gwydir
Where are you from? Port Jefferson, New York What do you do when not working at Songa? I'm a rising sophomore at Hamilton College studying Literature and Classics. I'm also a member of the college's Dance Team and Hiphop Dance Crew. My dream job when I was 12: Professor and fedora-wearing, world-traveling adventurer (so pretty much Indiana Jones)... and that hasn't changed.
Jennifer &Jenn& Hare
Where are you from? I grew up outside of Philadelphia and in Vermont. I currently live in Somerville, MA. What do you do when not working at Songa? I teach 9th grade history in Cambridge, MA. My first summer camp experience: I grew up at Keewaydin and Songadeewin - my whole life has been a camp experience! My favorite season: I love summer because I love being outside at camp! I love swimming, canoeing and sailing - all activities best done in the summer.
Gretchen Herb
Where are you from? I'm from Lewiston NY. I live right near Niagara Falls. What do you do when not working at Songa? I go to school at Fredonia State University. There I play rugby for the Blackhorse women's rugby team. I also work as an RA in one of the Freshman Fredonia dorms. My majors include Psychology and Women & Gender studies.& My favorite pastimes are running or jogging. My hero:&My dad. He supports me in everything I do, and always lets me know how important I am. So basically he's the bomb diggity! My favorite music:& I listen to most everything. My favorite artist's are Florence+The Machines, Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michealson, and Macklemore. I can&t live without my music. It's another thing I use to unwind and it helps me appreciate the little things in life.
Grace Hildreth
Where are you from? Darien, Connecticut. What do you do when not working at Songa? I attend University of Vermont, where I am a part of the outdoor club and study psychology. I love to spend my free time snowboarding, reading, and hanging out with friends. My favorite music:& Music is a huge part of my life. I can listen to any and all types of music but my favorite bands include Mumford and Sons and Zac Brown Band. My most recent adventure: For my most recent adventure my friends and I decided to take a drive to a mountain a half an hour away and hike up a mountain I had never been to before. After getting lost for a while, I was able to retrace my steps, find the trail, and reach a spectacular view.
Jennifer &Jen& Hill
Where are you from? A small town in North Yorkshire, England What do you do when not working at Songa? I'm a graduate student in London, studying to become a lawyer. I'm also involved with several sports teams, which I love. My favorite season: Summer is definitely the best season, because of the sunshine. It makes every activity much more fun! My dream job when I was 12: I always wanted to be a writer when I was young and I would take my favourite characters from other peoples& writing and let my imagination run wild! My most recent adventure: I love camping, and my most recent trip was around south Wales. It was amazingly peaceful and beautiful, and I even spent some time learning to surf.&
Ashleigh& &Ash& Hogan
Where are you from? Goulburn, NSW Australia What do you do when not working at Songa? I have recently graduated from University of Canberra and I work as a personal care attendant. I also volunteer with St. John Ambulance, providing first aid at local events. My favorite season: Definitely summer! I like the warm weather and being outside in the sunshine.&My favorite music:&I love country music and also like a variety of other styles such as pop. My favourite artists are: The band Perry, Rascal Flats, Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson and the Frey. I also like a variety of Australian country music artists. My dream job when I was 12:&I wanted to be either a primary school teacher or a physical education teacher.
Bianca Hyndman
Where are you from? I am from a small town called Waiuku in Auckland, New Zealand but have lived in Tauranga and Rotorua as well. What do you do when not working at Songa? I have a Bachelor in Education and have worked with children since first working at Songa in 2005. I have just come back from living in Shanghai, China for a year where I was a private English tutor. My most recent adventure: Living in Shanghai, China was definitely an adventure. Not knowing the language or culture was challenging but very rewarding. I can look back in years to come and say I survived living in China for a year. I lived in an area where not many other English speaking people were so at shops it was interesting trying to communicate with people without actually speaking the same language. Adjusting to a new culture can be difficult but I learned some of these skills from my previous years at Songa.&
Campbell Jones
Where are you from? Originally Marquette, Michigan. What do you do when not working at Songa? The past couple falls and springs I've been an instructor at the Keewaydin Environmental Education Center. My winters have each been different, from working at a museum in Virginia to living in Burlington, VT, where I worked at Macy's. My first summer camp experience: I was 10 years old at Songadeewin in 1999. My favorite season: I love spring.& Everythin everything smells so fresh and clean. Watching all the trees bud and flower just makes everything seem happy.&My favorite music:&I enjoy classic rock. My favorites are Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Paul Simon, the list goes on. Also, bluegrass, country, and any celtic music. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be Indiana Jones.
Frances Jones
Where are you from? South Starksboro, Vermont What do you do when not working at Songa? I have been working as a substitute teacher but will be starting graduate school in September. My favorite season: Truth be told, I like all the seasons.& However, my favorite must be summer. Of course, I love getting to return to camp but I also love just being able to be outside. I love watching the animals and insects that come out in summer. And the amount of green is just stunning. My most recent adventure: I spent two years teaching English to elementary students in China.& It was an amazing experience that taught me so much, particularly how to teach a class containing 40-50 students!
Bridget& Kennedy
Where are you from? Sydney, Australia. I live on the coast right next to the beach! What do you do when not working at Songa? I work in the Finance industry as a receptionist. I spend my free time going to comedy shows and finding new places to travel to! My first summer camp experience: Since I'm from Australia we don't have Summer camps. The first camp I went on was an Icebreaker camp when I first started high school -& I was 11. My hero: My hero is my mother. Even though she is no longer here, no one has inspired me more than her, she's so strong, caring & all round amazing! My favorite season: SUMMER!!! I love being outside in the heat, going for hikes and swimming and summer is the best time! My most recent adventure: My most recent adventure was to the south of Thailand. I went with my best friend in January after booking a last minute cheap flight!
Lea& Kramberg
Where are you from? Rockaway Park, NY. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a student at Skidmore College where I study cognitive neuroscience, dance, and play trumpet. My favorite season: I love summer because I get to go to Songa! Winter is a close second because the snow is pretty and I get to ski. My favorite music:&I love listening to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Sara Bareilles, and any music that I can sing and dance along to. I enjoy playing songs that I can sing along to on guitar, and baroque music on trumpet. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to teach dance and music, run a bakery during the school year, and lead wilderness trips during the summer.
Priscilla &Cilla& Leng
Where are you from? Born and raised in Massachusetts. Moved to Vermont 46 years ago when I married. What do you do when not working at Songa? My favorite hobbies are reading, quilting, knitting, gardening, and travel. Absolutely love to lie on a back-porch chaise in the sun and read.&My first summer camp experience: When I was in 7th grade I went to a& camp in Saco, Maine called Camp Seabreeze. It had both boys and girls, and we had lots of fun in the ocean. It was my first time sleeping away from my family.&My favorite season: Late spring through early summer because all the early spring work I did in my gardens is starting to show up.& I love smelling the various flowers, and always try to cut some to put on the dining room table. My dream job when I was 12: You might not believe this, but I always wanted to be a math teacher because I had memorable math teachers in 3rd through 6th grades. They inspired me want to be like them. Besides, I loved math (and still do).
Amelia Littleton
Where are you from? My hometown is Brooklyn, New York. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a student at Hobart and William Smith Colleges, majoring in Environmental Studies and Public Policy. I'm also on the William Smith Crew Team. What do you love about Songa? I love the family that Songadeewin has given me. It's unparalleled support system has been there for me, no matter what. &My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be an actress. My most recent adventure: A two-week road trip with my family to the southwest. Started in Salt Lake City and ended in San Francisco with trips to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and Yosemite. I can&t live without my family. My mom, dad and brother are basically my best friends and most important people in my life. My favorite things to do: &I read. Reading has always calmed me down, and helped me to relax. The best advice I ever received: &Take the hard, right road. Not the wrong, easy road.& My crew coach said this to our whole team once, and it has stuck with me as a simple reminder that what we want to do is not always what we have to do.
Madeline &Maddie& Locke
Where are you from? Utica, NY What do you do when not working at Songa? Attend Bates College My first summer camp experience: I started as a camper at Songa when I was only 8 years old! My hero: Amy Poehler is my hero because not only is she hilarious, but speaks the truth and brings up important issues pertaining to women all over the world. My favorite season: I love fall because I love to watch the leaves change. My most recent adventure: Three summers ago I went on Wilderness through Keewaydin Temagami.
Sarah Lynn
Where are you from? I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I& graduated from college and lived four more years in Colorado, spent 5 years in southeast Kansas and have been in Middlebury, Vermont since 1984. What do you do when not working at Songa?&I work full time as a paraprofessional teacher at Ripton Elementary School (about 9 miles from camp). What do you love about Songa? I love the tripping at camp. Although I have never been on a trip I drive many of them and love hearing the chatter of anticipation and the experiences on outbound and return trips.The canoe and hiking trips seem to be the highlights of most campers, too. The Candlelight Ceremony is the best event. It seems to neatly wrap up what Songadeewin's all about. My favorite season: Spring, after long winters in Vermont the newness of greenery returning is THE BEST. My favorite memory: &For a high school summer job I was an assistant porpoise trainer at an amusement park. After the crowds left at closing time we were allowed to swim with our dolphins - a life-time joyous memory.
Tara MacCallum
Where are you from? I was born in India and have grown up in Salisbury, Vermont. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a Kindergarten and First grade teacher during the school year. What do you love about Songa? I love that Songadeewin is a very accepting and encouraging environment. Each camper celebrates when their peer succeeds, whether it's in a daily activity or on a trip. &My favorite music:& I love all types of music from classical, Jazz, Rap, Broadway Productions, as well as past and modern pop songs. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be a Music or an Art teacher. I could not live without:&Chocolate. My favorite things to do: Reading and playing piano are my ultimate ways to unwind. The best advice I ever received: Never give in or give up on the things you really want in life.
Kara Macdonald
Where are you from? Seattle, Washington What do you do when not working at Songa? I teach high school AP US History and Human Geography in Seattle. I also lead a non-profit exchange and dialog project with students in Seattle, Northern Ireland and South Africa. My most recent adventure: Last year I went to Boston to paddle in the Run of the Charles canoe race with Team Songa. I'd never run while portaging before...that was an adventure.
Dorothy Mammen - Assistant Director
Where are you from? I have lived in Middlebury, Vermont, for 28 years. I suppose since I moved here from out of state I can never be a &real Vermonter,& but to me, Vermont is home! What do you do when not working at Songa?&I live aboard a 42' sailboat, enjoying simple living and exploring the east coast of the US and the Caribbean. I also love to quilt.&My hero: Eleanor Roosevelt, for sharing so much inspiration, such as &Do one thing every day that scares you.& Whether the challenge is large or small, and whether you succeed or fail, with this philosophy you will always keep learning and growing, discovering you are more capable than you knew, and trying new strategies. My favorite music:&I love folk music, oldies rock, a cappella, and gospel. In fact, just thinking about this question, I jumped up to put Joan Baez on the stereo! My most recent adventure: We bought a 42' sailboat that will be our home for the next 3-5 years and sailed it from Florida to Rhode Island during two-and-a-half weeks in May. We made two offshore passages and spent 5 days in the Intracoastal Waterway (ICW).& Every single day brought a new experience, new learning, new challenge. One day I woke up to a sound like a squeaky toy. It was a pod of dolphins surrounding the boat, and apparently they had a lot to say! My favorite things to do:&I studied behavioral ecology and ornithology in college and graduate school, doing ecological research projects involving goldfinches, chickadees, and red-winged blackbirds. I love birds!&The best advice I ever received: Once I was agonizing over a big life decision. A friend advised me to make a 3-year or a 5-year plan. How liberating! You don't have to plan your whole life out. (In fact, if you are really living, you can't!)
Sophia Manzi
Where are you from? I am from Middlebury/Burlington, Vermont. What do you do when not working at Songa? I study writing, language, and visual arts at Sarah Lawrence College. When I am not buried in papers and stress I like to be with friends. My first summer camp experience: I was around 6 years old when my family went camping in Shelburne. The thing I remember most was eating powdered donuts for breakfast. My favorite season: I really enjoy fall, especially in New England. I love seeing all the colorful leaves in the trees and it's still pretty warm. The smell of the air is really sweet that time of year. My favorite music:&I love listening to music, a few of my favorites include Radiohead, CocoRosie, Beyonce, and Bombay Bicycle Club.
Nancy Margolin
Where are you from? I've lived in Carrboro, NC (next to Chapel Hill) for the last 21 years. Before that, Chicago, Burlington, VT, Boston...What do you do when not working at Songa? After nearly 30 years of working full-time as a librarian in school, university, and special libraries, I am now working part-time as a librarian/editor at a company in Durham, NC. This gives me time to be a volunteer tutor and to be a mentor with local students. What do you love about Songa? I love that the Songa of today still promotes the same core values that were part of the &old& Songa: independence, self-confidence, tolerance, cooperation, responsibility, and collaboration. As a former camper in the 1960s, and as a parent of daughters who went to the &new& Songa, I see a wonderful blend of the best of old traditions with new sensitivities and community/global awareness. This will be my first season on the Songa staff and I will be overseeing the Wangan Room -- tripping gear and food. I am looking forward to everything related to that, to &experiencing& the trips vicariously. I especially loved hiking when I was a camper, and hope to do some of that this year. Our family tries to include a Camel's Hump hike as often as we can. I am also hoping to organize the Songa library in the new lodge this summer and to promote fun summer reading! My first summer camp experience: I was 12 in 1965 when I first went to Songadeewin on Lake Willoughby. It was my first trip by myself, by train, and my first visit to Vermont. My most recent adventure: I recently reconnected with my Belgian AFS host family (after 41 years!) in NYC. It was very exhilarating (and sentimental) to explore NYC together and to introduce my 24-year-old daughter (Songa staff Claire Superak) to my host sister's 24 year old daughter. My favorite things to do:&I love to travel by myself! It's likely that my experiences at Songa in the 1960s enabled me to become an AFS exchange student in high school, to take a six month solo bicycle trip in Europe in the late 1970s, and to do a two week Spanish immersion family stay in Mexico my mid-50s! I love to garden and to go on bike rides in the rural areas outside of Chapel Hill, NC. I have also recently taken up trail running with my husband and a large, diverse group of other runners in the area. I really enjoy it, no matter how slowly I go! I also love reading, including juvenile and young adult books.
Eliza&Matt
Where are you from? New Albany, OH, but my family now lives in Atlanta, GA. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a student at Williams College in Massachusetts. I read a ton and run Cross Country and Track for them! My favorite music:& My favorite band is The Band from the 1960s and 1970s. They have a very cool mix of country and a full band and interesting lyrics that I really enjoy. Also, I am a sucker for happy-sounding music. &You make my dreams come true& by Hall and Oates is my favorite song still because it just makes me start dancing every time it comes on.
Claudia&Mihm
Where are you from? Pittsburgh, PA What do you do when not working at Songa? I am studying Computer Science and Child Development at Tufts University. My first summer camp experience: My first day camp experience was when I was five. The camp was at my school, and I have been a camper or a counselor there for almost every summer since. My hero: My mom is my hero, because she is the strongest woman I know. She knows who she is to her core, and will go to any length to stand up for her beliefs.&My favorite music: I love any music that has guitars in it, or that you can sing along to.
Lisa Mirman
Where are you from? I was originally born in Lorain, Ohio. My mom is from Costa Rica and as such I have a very strong family network there and consider that my second home. Now we live in Sarasota, FL. What do you do when not working at Songa? My husband and I own a real estate brokerage in Sarasota, FL . We also founded a non-profit called Global Social Housing where we are partnered with the Costa Rican Government and Peace Corps to build homes and wholistic life solutions for families who are homeless or in slums. We are adventurers by nature and love to take in new experiences both around FL and around the world. What do you love about Songa? My husband and his brother attended Keewaydin throughout their youth. When it came time for our kids to have their camp experience I was overwhelmed with the joy and friendships that it brought them, and challenges to be self reliant and confident individuals. I came on staff at the same time they started, and also had the benefit of seeing what wonderful role models the cabin/trip staff are, and what comprehensive training the leadership provides them.& It is a magnificently led organization that teaches health of mind, body, and spirit!!& For our children it can summed up in one world...MAGICAL! As a mom observing the growth of the campers throughout the summer, I just love hearing each girl state what she is proud about at the end of season camp fire circle...gives me chills.&My most recent adventure:&This past academic year we lived in the Tuscan village of Lucca, Italy. We did not have a car for the year, so it was a joy to experience the lifestyle of biking and walking everywhere. Ella and Gabriel were able to attend the local Italian public school and in addition take art, music and theater in the town. I can&t live without:&My yoga practice...it keeps me centered, balance, strong, and healthy so that I can be at my best for myself, my family, my community.The best advice I ever received: Dare to explore the unfamiliar...
Claire Misko
Where are you from? West Chester, Pennsylvania What do you do when not working at Songa? First, I'm a mom. I am also a yoga instructor and a Reiki Master. I head the Reiki program at my local Hospice and I also work for Unite for Her, a non-profit organization the provides complimentary therapies to women with breast cancer free of charge! If i'm not doing that you might find me gardening, knitting, doing art, or dancing in the kitchen as I cook :) What do you love about Songa? Songa is steeped in tradition. As a child, I loved all the activities and I did them ALL! I tried everything. I thought camp was like one giant sleepover. I had more fun than any child should be allowed. As I grew up I realized that all those experiences allowed me to move through life with confidence and integrity. Once you have spent a summer at camp you will always carry a bit of it where ever you go and you will always be family. I love to canoe on Dunmore, hike, look at the stars at night, and enjoy the candle light service, Four Winds ceremony and Saturday Spectacular. My first summer camp experience: I was 5 months old!! I was raised on the campus of Keewaydin and then went to the original Songa on Lake Willoughby with my sisters. My most precious childhood memories are memories of camp. My dream job when I was 12:&I wanted to be an artist. My most recent adventure: My family went to Puerto Rico this spring. It was so laid back and relaxing. We loved snorkeling and walking on the beach.&
Elizabeth& &Lisa& Murphy
Where are you from? My home is in Woodstock, Connecticut and I also have a home in Bradenton, Florida. Woodstock resembles camp in many ways as our town has only one traffic light and 12 working dairy farms. What do you do when not working at Songa? I work in the medical laboratory of the local hospital. In addition I referee youth, High School and College Field Hockey and Lacrosse. My first summer camp experience: My parents were staff members at Keewaydin. My first experience was as a toddler learning to swim at Keewaydin.Once I was old enough (8 years of age) I spent the next 7 summers at the original Songadeewin on Lake Willioughby. My hero: Anyone who wears the uniform in defense of our freedom whether they be military, police, fire or other first responders. My favorite season: Fall - Who doesn't love the color in Vermont at that time of year! I got married in the Fall, 32 years this October!!! My most recent adventure: Traveling,hiking and biking the countryside in Ireland with my husband for 2 weeks. Later this year we will do the same in Italy.
Emily Murphy
Where are you from? I grew up in both Charlotte, North Carolina and Seattle, Washington. What do you do when not working at Songa? I attend the University of Washington, where I participate in Dream Project, Obscure Sports Seattle and Huskies for Suicide Prevention and Awareness. My favorite season: I LOVE Autumn! Not only do I enjoy the colorful leaves, I love wearing my black rain boots and heavy rain coat during the gloomy days in Seattle. My favorite music: T. Swift all the way!! Actually I can jam to any country music! It is rare to find people in Seattle that like country music but when I do, we instantly become friends! My dream job when I was 12:&I looked forward to being the President of the United States!! Even though this is a huge goal, I proceeded to be the President of my high school senior year! My most recent adventure: In May I participated in the Beat the Bridge 8k run! We had 20 minutes to go a little over two miles in order to &beat the bridge& and then proceeded to finish the five mile run!
Wyeth Olmsted
Where are you from? Westmoreland, NH What do you do when not working at Songa? I will be a freshman at St. Lawrence University in the fall. After 7 years as a Songa camper tripping in the Adirondacks, I am more than excited to be spending 4 years there for college! My first summer camp experience: I was 10 years old and a camper at Songa living in Dandelion. I was only supposed to stay for two weeks, but after only a couple days, I wrote my parents and told them I wanted to stay for all four weeks! My favorite music: Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Bob Dylan, Dar Williams and The Avett Brothers keep me pretty happy.
Jacqueline &Jackie& Ordemann
Where are you from? Groton, Massachusetts but my heart lies in Maine. What do you do when not working at Songa? I study biological chemistry at Bates College. I am a member of the college choir and enjoy exploring the Maine outdoors. My first summer camp experience: I went to a canoe camp when I was 12 years old. It was a lot like the tripping part of Songa, without the in- camp part. I fell in love with canoeing there and kept returning through the years to participate in whitewater and wilderness adventures. My favorite music: I love opera! I am just fascinated by the depth of meaning in every level of the music. In the realm of more popular music I also really like country and rock music. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be a doctor. I have since I was about 5 and I still do today! My most recent adventure: For May term I took a geology class where I got to study the coast of Maine by sea kayak. We went on 5 day camping/kayaking trips to Casco Bay, Acadia National Park, and Campobello Island and mapped each location along the way.&
Olivia Primeaux
Where are you from? I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana. What do you do when not working at Songa? I just finished up my senior year of high school and am getting ready for my first year at Washington University in St. Louis. My first summer camp experience: My first summer camp experience was at Songa. I started when I was 8 years old. I don't remember that first year very well, but I it really did change my life. It'll be my 10th summer at Songa and I can't imagine my life without it. My favorite season: My favorite season is probably spring. I love spring because there is much more to do. Being from New Orleans, the summers are fun but they are almost unbearably hot.&
Sophie Primeaux
Where are you from? New Orleans, Louisiana. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a rising junior at Vassar College. What do you love about Songa? For me, Songa is the perfect combination of friendship and challenge. It's about doing something that makes you feel so accomplished while making friendships that will last forever. Being a camper at Songadeewin made me feel like I could do absolutely anything if I set my mind to it. I love the sense of community and the feeling of home at Songadeewin and have never experienced anything like it before. My first summer camp experience: My first summer camp experience was when my parents sent me to Songa at age 9. I loved it so much that I haven't missed a summer since! My favorite season: My favorite season is fall, although we don't really have a fall in New Orleans. I'm looking forward to going off to college in New York to experience fall for the first time. My dream job when I was 12: Part time lawyer, part time camp counselor. My most recent adventure: My most recent adventure was a six week canoe trip up to Hudson Bay three summers ago with Keewaydin Temagami. It was an incredible experience.&My favorite things to do: I love to sing, dance, and listen to music.
Elizabeth &&Booey& Robertson
Where are you from? I hail from the rainy, but wonderful, city of London, England.&What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a rising sophomore at the University of Virginia where I plan on majoring in either Computer Science or Politics.&My first summer camp experience: I was a nervous but extremely chatty 8 year old when I first arrived at Songa! After four weeks in Aspen, I never wanted to leave. My favorite season: Though summer is a close competitor, winter remains my favorite. The beauty of fresh snow and cozy fires are pretty hard to beat. My favorite music:&I really do love a massive variety of music: classical, jazz, hip hop, pop, and anything and everything in between. My current favorite is Ella Fitzgerald.
Alina Rosenfeld
Where are you from? Washington, DC&What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a Geography major at Vassar College. My favorite season: Fall because I love watching the leaves turn and walking through the woods listening to the leaves crunch under my feet. My dream job when I was 12: When I was 12, my dream job was to be a college professor.
Where are you from? Middlebury, Vermont! What do you do when not working at Songa? I go to Bates College in Maine. My first summer camp experience: When I was 8, I went to a sleepover camp in Connecticut and had so much fun that I went back for 3 more summers. My favorite season: I love the fall because you can do tons of different things outdoors like hiking and camping and running and the foliage is beautiful. My favorite music: I love all music! I also play the guitar and love figuring out how to play different songs I like on the guitar. My most recent adventure: I hiked Mt. Webster in the White Mountains with a group of friends and had so much fun.&
Abigail& &Abby& Shaughnessy
Where are you from? Born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts What do you do when not working at Songa? I work full time as a school nurse for 3-6 year olds at an International School just outside of Boston. I also am actively involved in music ministry at my church. My first summer camp experience: Working as a camp counselor for our city's rec dept. day camp. I started at 13 as a junior counselor and by 16 became the site coordinator. My hero: Absolutely my mum. Sometimes you can't control your circumstances, but you can control how you handle and work through them. To this day, my mother shows that courage, perserverance, and strength. My favorite season: My favorite season is the summer! I've always lived down the street from the beach and can say that there's no other place that makes me feel at home. My most recent adventure: I went to the west coast for the first time! I got to explore San Diego beaches, went for cliff walks, did a ton of hiking, and had my first& In N Out& burger.&
Emilie Sons
Where are you from? Seneca, SC What do you do when not working at Songa? I serve as president on the Board of Directors for the Blue Ridge Arts Center in my hometown. I am also a banquet server/paralegal/customer service representative/executive secretary/dancer/and teacher! My favorite season: I have always loved summer the most. My birthday's in July, and school's out! Also,the days are longer and this girl needs her sunshine! And then there's watermelon, fireflies (we call them lightning bugs down south), fresh produce and time outside! My dream job when I was 12: I &wanted to be a ballerina! My most recent adventure: My most recent adventure was during trip school at Songadeewin!& I had such an amazing time and I am in awe of the young women leading new staff on trip school. I am inspired to be part of a program that gives girls such high expectations, and then supports them every step of the way to achievement!&
Sarah &Sally& Stoll
Where are you from? Mequon, WI What do you do when not working at Songa? I teach first grade. What do you love about Songa? I love the message that girls can be strong and self sufficient. More importantly, the message is delivered with opportunities to develop this strength and self sufficiency daily. My first summer camp experience: My first camp experience was at a 2 week sleep over church camp in Connecticut. I enjoyed my cabin mates, but found the daily activities tedious. Fortunately, the same year my older brother attended Keewaydin. He convinced me that Songadeewin would have to be different, and so at 10 I went to Lake Willoughby for 2 fantastic years as a camper, and one as a counselor. My favorite season: I love spring, and all the promise of warmth and new growth that comes with it. And of course, the advent of summer and camp is on the horizon.&My favorite things: I always need pets in my life.& Leaving my cocker spaniels and cat at home is the only downside of coming to camp. My last 5 cockers have all been rescue cockers which brings its own rewards. There is nothing more gratifying to see than a formerly abused dog's tail come up to wag, and seeing them stop cowering when a stranger walks toward them. Each day their confidence builds and my joy increases.
Sally Thomas&
Where are you from? New York What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a stay-at-home Mom and ultimate volunteer! What do you love about Songa? The tradition called Songathon!& It involves every aspect of camp. My first summer camp experience: I first went to Songadeewin on Lake Willoughby when I was 10. My favorite season: Spring - new beginnings and summer is right around the corner. My favorite music:& Classic Rock My dream job when I was 12: Statistician for the New York Mets. I can&t live without:&My friends.
Viktoria &Viki& Vajda
Where are you from? I was born and raised in Uzhgorod, Ukraine. Now I live in Debrecen Hungary. What do you do when not working at Songa? Im a student of University of Debrecen in Hungary. I am studying to become a high school biology teacher. My favorite season: Fall! I love the colors of the trees and the smell of the fallen leaves. I also enjoy going back to college and seeing all my friends. I quite like winter too, especially Christmas time. My favorite music:&My favorite genre of music is electronic. I also like classical music because it has a calming effect on me and evokes more emotions. My favorites are Liszt and Tchaikovsky. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to become a singer.
Hayley Wagstaff
Where are you from? Sydney, Australia. What do you do when not working at Songa? I work full-time as a quality analyst in the finance industry. Outside of that I like to travel & explore new places whether that's around the corner from my house or in a different country!&My favorite season: Summer because it has 3 of my favorite things: Beaches, BBQ's & Christmas! My favorite music:&I love different genres, it just depends on my mood and can change from Pop to Alternative to Jazz or anything in between! I'm currently listening to San Cisco & Kings of Leon.&My most recent adventure: Backpacking through Central America. The scenery throughout the different countries was absolutely beautiful! The opportunity to embrace the local culture and become good friends with other travelers is something I always cherish.
Kate Whitaker
Where are you from? I am from York, a small town in the North East of England, but since I started University I have been based in Glasgow in Scotland. What do you do when not working at Songa? I'm working on an undergraduate degree in history, so I spend a lot of time reading about what happened a long time ago! For the past year I have been on exchange at McGill University in Montreal.&My favorite season: Living in Montreal gave me the opportunity to experience a real Canadian Winter! I actually enjoyed it, I had the opportunity to partake in loads of winter sports and activities that I had never tried before. Over the course of the winter I went ice skating (I even played one terrifying game of hockey!), backcountry skiing, crosscountry skiing, snowshoeing and dog sledding! I built and slept in a quinzee. I ate maple taffy off the snow. Winter was so novel and exciting! My most recent adventure: After finishing my exchange year at McGill I spent 5 weeks travelling in Canada and America. I went paddle boarding in Washington DC, rollerblading in Vancouver, camped on Vancouver Island, road tripped down the California coast and cycled across the Golden Gate Bridge!
Susannah White&
Where are you from? Dedham, Massachusetts What do you do when not working at Songa? I recently graduated from McGill University in Montreal and am excited to see where the winds take me! I am passionate about working with children and will be looking for opportunities in education. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be a version of Carmen San Diego who planned weddings on the side. My most recent adventure: I ventured to Ireland by myself in March, and it was wonderful.&
Lindsey Willis
Where are you from? I live in New York City, but I was born and raised in Delaware. Luckily, my parents also live on Lake Dunmore, so I get to spend lots of time in Vermont too! What do you do when not working at Songa? I work at Grace Church School as a counselor to middle and high school students. I spend time swimming and doing yoga on the weekends. My first summer camp experience: I was 9 years old when I first went to camp. It was a camp for swimming - we swam three times a day and it wasn't always easy. But I loved it. The counselors, of course, were the best part of camp. They were so fun and kind. My favorite season: Fall! The air is crisp and colors are beautiful. I always spend a lot of time outside during the Fall. And it's the start of the school year - which is always an exciting time for me. My dream job when I was 12: I wanted to be a marine biologist and work with dolphins at Sea World. I still kinda want to do that. My most recent adventure: Last summer I went camping with a former Songa staff, Erica Harlow. We definitely got ourselves into trouble ... but we saw a lot of beautiful views, did lots of hiking, cooking and saw so many buffalo!
Martha Wood
Where are you from? Although our home is on Wood Lane in Brandon, VT, where my husband grew up, we enjoy the winter months in Tucson, Arizona. We have what we consider to be &the best of both worlds&. What do you do when not working at Songa? When we're not golfing, gardening, or spending time with our families, we enjoy finding a new museum, country store, or picnic spot while exploring a back road in the convertible. What do you love about Songa? I love the setting on beautiful, peaceful Lake Dunmore. &My first summer camp experience: Summer camp for me, from before I can remember, was at my grandparents' camp on Lake Fairlee.& I still don't feel like it's summer if I'm not on a lake. My most recent adventure: Our greatest adventure was when we spent six winters exploring the southern and southwestern USA (and one autumn across the northern tier)& in our motorhome. So far, we've traveled to every state except Alaska. I can&t live without I could not live very long without sunshine. The best advice I ever received: Smile......
Lelia Yerxa
Where are you from?&Seattle, Washington.&What do you do when not working at Songa?&I live in Seattle with my husband and teach 2nd/3rd grade.&What do you love about Songa?&I love the Songa community. It's a place where girls are encouraged to find their strengths. When someone has conquered a challenge, the whole community celebrates and supports them. As the director of the tripping program, I also love trips! Being in the beautiful wilderness, relying on yourself and your&tripmates to carry your necessities from place to place is a unique experience that helps you learn more about yourself and expand your boundaries.&My first summer camp experience:&I went to many day camps and sports camps when I was growing up, but I consider my first &real& camp experience&to be when I was 19 and a first-year staff at Songa.&My favorite season:&What I love most is the change in seasons and the anticipation of what the next spring, summer, winter or fall will bring. I love summer for camp, hiking and canoeing, fall for the crisp fall days, winter for skiing, and spring for the longer days and warmth!&My favorite things to do: Go to the mountains! Hiking, backpacking and canoeing in the summer, skiing in the winter.
Rebecca& &Becky& Zelis
Where are you from? Waterbury, CT - but now I live in Brandon, Vermont. What do you do when not working at Songa? I am a professional artist and metalsmith. I am also in graduate school. My favorite season: Autumn is my favorite season. I love the changing leaves, the last harvests, the cool weather, and the anticipation of winter. My favorite music: I am a shameless country music fan. I keep a picture of Willie Nelson on my keychain. My dream job when I was 12: To make my living as an artist (which is what I do!)
What's happening at Keewaydin

我要回帖

更多关于 isabeau 的文章

随机推荐