完​形​填​空​专​项​训​练
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩37页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢Is It Really Cheaper to Ride the Bus? - The Simple Dollar
Posted on May 30, 2010
Aaron writes in:
I love your cost breakdowns when you calculate the real truth behind some financial choice.
I’ve got one for you.
Is it really cheaper to ride public transportation to work?
I have a bus stop about a block from my house.
For about $2 each way, I can use public transportation to get to work, which is about fifteen miles away.
But I have a car that gets about 28 miles per gallon and gas is about $3, so I’m breaking even to make the commute and I have a lot more flexibility.
I just don’t see how the numbers add up.
In the numbers you give above, you’re neglecting a whole bunch of factors.
First of all, your car costs a lot more than you think.
Gas is just the start.
You also have maintenance, tires, insurance, license, registration, taxes, depreciation, and finance charges (if you have a car loan).
According to , if you drive a medium sedan 10,000 miles per year, the cost per mile figuring in all of those factors is 70.2 cents per mile.
So, your commute is 30 miles long, round trip.
Your cost for that commute in a medium sedan that you drive 10,000 miles in a year (a guess based on the info you provided) is $21.
This, of course, doesn’t include things like parking costs, traffic tickets, and so on.
Of course, if you’re going to own a car anyway, the cost per mile for a medium sedan goes down to $0.39 (according to , adding together maintenance and depreciation per mile).
Your round trip in this case is about $12 in depreciation and fuel costs, with the other $9 coming in as costs related to the fact that you own a car, regardless of how much you drive it.
Another factor to consider is the savings of buying a public transportation pass.
I’ll use San Francisco’s BART as an example.
If you commute every day for a month (let’s assume 24 days), you’ll spend $2 each way on a commute if you don’t buy a pass, totaling $96.
Alternately, you can get a
costing only $60, saving you $36 a month.
If you commute each day in your car, one that you would own anyway, your depreciation and maintenance costs would be roughly $288 ($12 per day over 24 days).
If you only have a car for commuting, the total cost over that month is $504 ($21 per day over 24 days).
The case for saving money on public transportation is pretty clear, in my book.
The big argument against it, of course, is speed and convenience, which is what you’re really paying for if you own a car in a large city with good public transportation.
If I lived in a large city, my family would own one car at most (and possibly no cars at all).
We would use public transportation as much as possible and, if it worked out, we would simply rent a car for the rare occasions we needed one.
If you only actually need a car a couple times a year and can use public transportation the rest of the time, it is far cheaper to go that route.
Remember, that extra cost per month for driving yourself to work is all about the flexibility and a bit of time-saving.
How valuable is that to you?
A few hundred dollars a month?
Please enable JavaScript to view the
I’ve lived in places (cold places) where the bus comes by only every half-hour or every hour in spots outside of the city core.
It certainly is cheaper to take the bus, and I do so far more often than driving (which I do about once every week or two). But as Trent points out, more rural locations will not have as good service.
It comes down to whether you’re willing to invest the extra time for the commute on public transit, which can sometimes double or triple the equivalent time in a car.
Sponsored schools
Become a subscriber of The Simple Dollar and get a free copy of Trent's e-book today plus exclusive updates.&&&&&&&&&&&&
2011年高考英语完形填空专项训练50篇
2011年高考英语完形填空专项训练50篇
2011.021The population problem may be the ___1___ one of the world today. The world's population is growing ___2__ . Two thousand years ago, there were only 250 million people ___3___ the earth. Four hundred years ago, the number was __4__ 500 million. But at the beginning of the __5__ century, the world's population was about 1700 million. In 1970, this number was 3600 million. In 1990, the number was five billion. A __6__ report says that the world population will __7__ six billion by the end of the 20th century. This is just ten __8__ after it __9__ five billion. People say that by the year 2010, __10__ may be seven billion.1. A. great
B. greater
C. greatest
D. greating2. A. faster and faster B. fast and fast
C. fastest and fastest D. faster and fast3. A. in
D. for4. A. close
D. over5. A. twenty
C. twentieth
D. twelfth6. A. USA
D. PLA7. A. past
D. passes8. A. weeks
C. seasons
D. years9. A. get
C. reached
D. reach10. A. this
D. itCABDC BBDCD2You may think there is only sand in the desert of the world, but it is not true. In the desert, as we know, there is a little __1__ and it is not __2__ for most plants. Still we can see some plants live in the desert.There is __3__in some places in the deserts. We call these places oases(绿洲). In th oases, there are villages and towns. People grow all kinds of vegetables and rice in the fields there. People __4__ live outside the oases. They have camels, sheep and other animals. These animals live __5__ the desert plants for their food and do not need any water. The animals are useful to the desert people in many ways. They eat the __6__ and drink the milk of animals. They __7__ the camels for carrying water, food and something else.The people of the desert have to keep __8__from place to place. They must always look __9__ grass or desert plants for their animals. When there is no more food for their animals, they move to another place. The desert people are __10__. Every one in the desert likes to help the people in trouble and give them food and water.1. A. rain
D. winds2. A.
B. good enough
C. enough good
D. enough3. A.
D. water4. A.
D. still5. A.
D. by6. A.
D. food7. A.
D. use8. A.
B. carrying
D. going9. A.
D. at10. A. carefully B. careful
C. friendly
D. friendADBAA BDCBC3Someone says," Time is money," but I think time is __1__ important than money. Why? Because when money is spent, we can get it back. Howevere, when time is __2__, it'll never __3__. That is __4__ we must not waste time. It goes without saying that the __5__is usually limited. Ever a second is very important. We should make full use of our time to __6__ useful.But it is a pity that there are a lot of people who do not know the importance of the time. They spent their limited time smoking, drinking and __7__. They do not know that wasting time means wasting part of their own __8__.In a word, we should save time. We shouldn't __9__ today's work for tomorrow. Remember we have no time to __10__.1. A.
C. much less
D. even more2. A. cost
D. finished3. A.
D. bring4. A. what
C. because
D. why5. A.
D. food6. A.
B. something
C. anything
D. everything7. A.
B. writing
C. playing
D. working8. A.
D. life9. A.
D. give10. A. lose
D. takeDCADB BCDBA4Everyone likes gifts. Some little kids think they don't get __1__. Some old people think they get too __2__ gifts. Different people like different __3__ gifts.Some presents are never too small. A little child may give his mother a leaf __4__ a tree. It is enough __5__ her very happy.__6__ is different in different coutries. In Japan, people sometimes give special gifts. But they are not __7__. Later, the same gift may be given to someone else. Many people have enough things and don't want too many gifts themselves. In Canada, many people will not give big gifts to someone else. They will pay for a park bench or a tree to help __8__ a person. In the USA, some people ask their families and friends to give money to charity rather than __9__ them gifts. In Sweden, doing something for someone is the best gift. People don't need to spend too much money. Instead, __10__ a meal is enough.1. A.
gifts enough
B. enough gift
C. enough gifts
D. gift enough2. A.
D. lot of3. A.
B. kind of
C. kinds of
D. a kind4. A.
D. to5. A. making
B. to make
D. make6. A.
Give gifts
B. Giving a gift C. Gift giving
D. A gift giving7. A.
B. opening
C. is opened
D. opened8. A.
remembering
B. to remember C. remember
D. remembered9. A.
D. to buying10. A. making
B. to make
D. madeCACAB CDCCA5Kate and Sandy are American students. They __1__ sisters. They live __2__ now. Kate is __3__ than Sandy. She likes living in town very much. Kate thinks living in town is __4__ than __5__ in the country. There are more parks, shops and cinemas in town than in the country. She especially likes the lights in town. She thinks the lights __6__are more beautiful than the stars. She likes to read and reads __7__ than Sandy. Often Kate reads until very late at night. Sandy likes the country__8__. She thinks the country life is quiet. There is less noise and fewer cars. She likes to visit her aunt Peggy. She often helps her aunt __9__ her work. Sandy likes to run. She runs faster than Kate. In the coutry Sandy can run longer than in town. She also thinks running in the country __10__ the most exciting thing to do.1. A.
D. was2. A.
in the town
B. in town
C. in the country
D. in country3. A.
C. more old
D. more older4. A.
interesting
B. more interesting
C. beautiful
D. more beautiful5. A.
C. to live
D. is living6. A.
B. at the night
C. in night
D. in the night7. A.
B. more quickly
C. quicklier
D. most quickly8. A.
D. best9. A.
D. with10. A. am
D. wereCBBBB ABCDB6Mr Brown and his wife had a small bar(酒吧) near a railway station. The bar didn't close __1__ midnight because people came to drink while they were __2__ for trains. So the business was good.At two o'clock one morning, a man was __3__ sitting at the table in the bar. He was __4__ Mr Brown's young wife wanted to go to __5__. She looked __6__ the bar several times, but the man kept sleeping. Then at last she went to her __7__ and said to hime, " You have tried to wake that man several times, and he isn't drinking __8__. Why haven't you sent him away? It's too __9__.""Oh, no, I don't want to send him away," he answered __10__ a smile. "You know, each time I woke him up, he gave five pounds. Then he went to sleep again."1. A.
D. when2. A.
B. looking
D. waiting3. A.
D. also4. A.
B. talking
C. sleeping
D. thinking5. A.
D. work6. A.
D. around7. A.
D. husband8. A. anything
C. everything
D. too9. A.
D. early10. A. by
D. forADBCC DDACC7Everyone has hobbies. A hobby __1__ be almost anything a person likes to do in his spare time. People who take __2__ hobbies are hobbyists. They paint pictures, sing pop songs, __3__ music instruments and __4__ stamps or other things. They grow flowers, go fishing and hunting. They climb __5__, swim, skate and play games.People today have __6__ time than ever for hobbies. In early times, people were __7__ busy making a living to have hobbies. Nowadays machines have taken the __8__ of many workers. More people retire at an earlier age. They have hobbies __9__ these activities offer them enjoyment, __10__, knowledge, and relaxation.1. A. can
D. off3. A.
D. smell4. A.
C. collect
D. use5. A. trees
B. mountains
C. the wall
D. down6. A.
D. little7. A.
D. such8. A.
D. room9. A.
B. because
D. if10. A. friendship
D. feelingABACB BCABA8We live in a computer age. People __1__ scientists, teachers, writers and even students use computers to do all kinds of work. But more than 30 years ago, __2__ couldn't do much. They were very big and expensive. Very __3__people were interested in them and knew how to use them. Today computers are smaller and __4__. But they can do a lot of work, many people like to use them. Some people __5__ have them at home.Computers become very important because we can work __6__ than people and make fewer mistakes. Computers can __7__ people do a lot of work. Writers now use computers to __8__. Teachers use them to help teachign. Students use them to __9__. Computers can also remember what you __10__ them. Computers are very useful and helpful. They are our friends. Do you want to have a computer?1. A.
D. with2. A.
B. scientists
C. teachers
D. computers3. A.
D. a little4. A.
B. cheaper
C. more expensive
D. expensive5. A.
C. already
D. yet6. A.
D. slower7. A.
D. use8. A.
D. learn9. A.
D. watch10. A. put in
C. put into
D. put upADABA BAABC9This is my timetable. I study at No.3 Middle School of Dongfang. From Monday to Friday I get up __1__ 6:30 a.m. I have __2__ at 7:00 and then I go to school. I __3__ to be late. Our classes __4__ at 8:30 a.m. we have four classes in the moring. I often have lunch at __5__ with my classmates.__6__ the afternoon, we have two classes. Classes are over at 3:30, and I get home at 4:00. But sometimes I don't __7__ school so early because I play basketball on the playground. Then I __8__ home at 5:00. I have supper at about 6:00. After supper I do __9__. I often watch TV, but sometimes I __10__ to do some reading and the story books are very interesting. I usually go to bed at about 10:00 p.m.1. A.
D. for2. A.
C. breakfast
D. dinner3. A.
B. don't like
C. am like
D. doesn't like4. A.
D. begins5. A.
D. shop6. A.
D. After7. A.
D. stay8. A.
B. come to
D. go9. A. a homework
B. my homework
C. my homeworks
D. many homework10. A. like
D. goCCBBB
CCDBA10  William J.Sidis, was born in 1898. __1__ father was an American psychiatrist. At the age of six months, William __2__ the English alphabet: he could read and write when he was two. When he was eight years __3__, young Sidis had completed both elementary and high school. At the age of nine, William entered Havard University.  As a __4__ at Harvard, Sidis displayed phenomenal knowledge in the field of mathematics, __5__ amazing his professors. He graduated with honors __6__ the age of 16 and became a full professor of mathematics at the university at 19.  __7__ story of William J. Sidis unfortunately, does not end happily. The promise __8__ his early years was never fulfilled. At the age of 26, he was found operating an adding machine __9__ a store in New York.  This brilliant ex-genius died a lonely death in 1943 in a hotel room __10__ New York.1. A.
D. Their2. A.
D. knew3. A.
D. young4. A.
B. teacher
C. painter
D. singer5. A.
D. out6. A. at
D. or7. A. A
D. They8. A.
D. for9. A.
D. inside10. A. at
D. inADAAB ABBAD11John lives __1__ because his wife died. He works hard all his life, __2__ he is very poor. Now he is __3__ old that he can't work. He has three sons, but they are married, and they are very busy. They only have time to eat dinner with their __4__ once a week.The old man grows __5__, and his sons come to see him __6__. "They don't need me at all now," he tells himself. They are afraid I'll become a burden. Then he makes a plan.The next morning, he finds a large box, fills __7__ lots of broken pieces of glass, and then locks it with an old lock.In the afternoon, his sons come for dinner. They find the box, "What's in this box?" they ask."oh, nothing" the old man says."It must __8__ gold," they think. So they want to guard the treasure. They decide __9__ with the old man. They can look after him, too. This goes on for __10__.At last, the old father dies. The sons give him a very nice funeral. After the funeral, they open the box. They find it full of broken glass. There is a note on the glass: Honor your father and mother.1. A.
C. alonely
D. alone2. A.
D. because3. A.
D. too4. A. wives
D. children5. A.
older and older B. old and old
C. younger and younger
D. young and young6. A. more and more B. little and little C. less and less
D fewer and fewer.7. A.
D. with8. A.
be full of
B. is full of
C. be fill of
D. is fill of9. A.
D. to live10. A. sometime
B. sometimes
C. some time
D. some timesDCBCA CDADC12The bicycle is one of the simplest yet most useful inventions in the world. What is the most surprising is that it was not __1__ earlier, although the great inventor Leonard da Vinci had drwan pictures for bicycles and also for flying machines and some other things. Those things were not produced __2__ long after he died.A person riding a bicycle uses __3__ energy to make the bicycle move, and there is no pollution at all when you are riding. Even so, in developed __4__, most people don't travel to work by bicycle. It is not because the bicycles are expensive or people feel __5__ if they ride to work. It's because __6__ cars on the roads becomes larger. It certainly becomes __7__ to ride a bicycle. As a result, more people put their bicycles away and go to work __8__ their cars. And in this way, the situation is made more serious. __9__ the best way to make riding safer and more popular is to creat paths only for bicycles, and to make __10__ so difficult and expensive for drivers to drive their cars into the city that they will go back to using their bicycles.1. A.
B. inventing
C. invented
D. to invent2. A.
D. until3. A.
B. quite a lot of
C. very little
D. many4. A.
B. countries
D. earth5. A.
D. tired6. A.
the number of B. a number of
C. the kind of
D. all kinds of7. A.
B. more dangerous
C. much dangerous
D. safe8. A.
D. drive9. A.
C. Perhaps
D. Nearly10. A. it
D. thatCDCBD ABBCA13A little boy wanted to meet God, so he started his trip with some cakes and orange juice. On his way he saw an old woman __1__ in the park. The boy sat down next to her. The old lady looked __2__, so he offered her a cake. She __3__ it thankfully and smiled at him. Her smile was __4__ pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he gave her a bottle of orange juice. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was very happy! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never say a word. As it grew dark, the boy got up to leave. __5__ he left, he gave her a kiss. She gave him her __6__ smile ever.When the boy __7__ home, his mother saw the look of joy __8__ his face. She asked him, "__9__ made you so happy?" He replied, " I had lunch with God. She's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!" The old woman also returned to her home __10__. Her son asked, "Mother, why are you so happy?" She answered, "I ate cakes in the park with God. You know, he's much younger than I expected.1. A.
B. sitting
D. sat2. A.
C. thirsty
D. tired3. A.
C. accepted
D. refused4. A.
D. quite5. A.
D. Until6. A.
C. the biggest
D. biggest7. A. got to
C. reaches
D. arrived in8. A.
D. on9. A.
D. Why10. A. happily
C. happiness
D. happierBACCA DBDCA14Do you know the story about the fox and the grapes? A fox is __1__ food. He is very hungry. Now, he __2__ near a wall. The wall is very __3__.The fox is looking up. He sees __4__ fine grapes __5__ the wall. He smiles and says, "__6__ nice they are! I want to eat them."The fox jumps and jumps, __7__ the wall is too high. He __8__ get the grapes.The fox says, "I must go now. I don't like those grapes. __9__ are green. They are not __10__ to eat."1. A.
B. finding out
C. looking for
D. finding2. A.
D. gets3. A.
D. high4. A.
B. a little
D. a lot of5. A.
D. for6. A.
D. How7. A.
D. or8. A. can't
D. doesn't9. A.
D. They10. A. bad
D. hardCDDDB DCADC15Helen was a very __1__ girl, and her parents were quite proud of her. A lot of young men in the town wanted to marry her, but she was not satisfied __2__ any of them.One evening, one of the handsomest of the young men who wanted to __3__ Helen came to visit her in her parents' house and asked her to become his wife. She answered, "No, Tom. I __4__ marry you. I want to marry a man who is famous, who can __5__ music, sing and dance very well, who can tell __6__ interesting stories, who doesn't smoke or drink, who stays at home in the evenings and who stops __7__ when I am tired of listening."The young man got __8__, took his coat and went to the dorr. But before he __9__ the house, he turned and said to Helen, "It isn't a __10__ you are looking for. It's television set."1. A.
C. handsome
D. ugly2. A.
D. at3. A.
C. understand
D. marry4. A.
D. hadn't5. A. dance
D. play6. A.
D. possibly7. A. talk
B. talking
D. to talk8. A.
D. down9. A.
D. stayed10. A. thing
D. manABDCD CBCCD16Many of the older people at Ellen Hospital were lonely. __1__ came to see them and they had no one to __2__. Linda who worked at the hospital, had an __3__.Most people like dogs. She would __4__ a dog to the hospital. Maybe some of the older people would like it __5__ a pet.Llinda took the dog to the __6__. It was called "Dr. Duffy". __7__ it was allowed to walk around the hospital, Linda was right. The older people __8__ the dog. They enjoyed petting it and talking to it. Over the years, Dr. Duffy and other __9__ have made the older people much __10__.1. A. Anyone
B. Someone
D. Every one2. A.
quarrel with
B. laugh at
C. call on
D. talk to3. A. idea
C. thought
D. question4. A.
D. call5. A.
D. on6. A.
D. hospital7. A.
D. Yet8. A.
were afraid of B. became careful with
C. looked after
D. like9. A.
B. children
C. animals
D. students10. A. more lonely
B. happier
C. younger
D. more interestingCDABA
DBCAB17Last Saturday, Tony went to see Benny. But he didn't know __1__ Benny lived. On the way, he stopped __2__ a yellow house, and asked an old woman the __3__ to Benny's house. "His house is not far from my house," said the woman. "It's behind the trees. But you can't get there __4__.
You can go there by bus. It'll __5__ you hours to get there __6__ foot." "What's __7__ with her?" Tony thought. " I can see Benny's house from here now. It's behind the __8__."Then Tony walked to the other side of the trees. He found the old woman was __9__. There was a river in front of him, and he couldn't see a boat. The house was on the other side of the __10__.1. A.
D.why2. A.
B. in front of
D. besides3. A.
D. way4. A.
D. hurry5. A. spend
D.carry6. A.
D. with7. A.
B. trouble
D. right8. A.
D. boats9. A. right
D. fine10. A. road
D. riverBBDCB BCCAD18Do you often visit museums? Museums are often full __1__ interesting and beautiful things, but in most museums you can only __2__ the thing there. You can't touch them. This is not very interesting for most of us. People want to touch things. They want to use them and __3__ them. That is __4__ we learn about things. If we are interested in something, we learn about it __5__. If we are bored we do not learn very much. But some museums are __6__. For example, at the Boston Children's Museum, young people can use computers and __7__ modern machines. They can __8__ make movies and play games there. In this kind of museums children are not bored. They can __9__ a lot __10__ the museum.1. A.
D. by2. A.
B. look at
D. look on3. A.
C. play with
D. eat4. A.
D. how5. A.
much easily
B. more easily
C. much easier
D. more easier6. A. different
C. difficult
D. difference7. A.
D. another8. A.
D. either9. A. see
D. learn10. A. of
D. inABCDB ACADD19John is a famous writer now. But he said he was not a __1__ student when he was young. He was often late for __2__ and didn't like doing his homework. Sometimes, he slept in class while the teacher was teahing. He didn't understand much, __3__ he always thought he understood everything. One day the teacher __4__ the students a question, " When Jack was ten years old, __5__ brother Bob was twenty, Jack is fifteen now and __6__is his brother Bob?" John said, "That's easy. Bob is twice as old as Jack, so he is now thirty."Another time, the __7__ in a science class asked, "When it thunders (打雷), __8__ do we always see the light before we __9__ the sound?""But, Miss," said John quickly, "don't you __10__ our eyes are in front of our ears?"1. A.
D. fat2. A.
D. play3. A.
D. but4. A.
D. found5. A.
D. her6. A.
B. how old
D. who7. A.
D. policeman8. A.
D. why9. A.
D. smell10. A. read
D. knowACDBC BADCD20One day there was an argument between the wind and the sun. "I'm much __1__ than you," said the wind. "No, I don't agree with you!" said the sun. while they are arguing, they saw a man __2__ along the road. He is wearing a heavy coat. The sun said to the wind, "Now, let __3__ see who can make the man take __4__ his coat. Then we will know who is stronger."First the wind tried. It began to blow very hard. It blew __5__ hard that the man pulled his coat around him. The wind was __6__ with the man. Then it said to the sun, "Now, it's your __7__." The sun started to __8__ on the man. Soon it got very __9__! The man took off his coat. The argument was over. We know the __10__ was stronger now.1. A.
B. strongly
C. stronger
D. strongest2. A.
D. walked3. A.
D. ours4. A.
D. in5. A.
D. also6. A.
D. quick7. A.
D. role8. A.
C. shining
D. shined9. A.
C. hottest
D. hotting10. A. wind
D. peopleCACCB CBBAB21Mumu is a Chinese boy. But now he __1__ in the UK. He lives and __2__ with Mr and Mrs Green in London. They are very nice to him. But they like different __3__.For breakfast, Mr and Mrs Green would like milk, eggs and some vegetables, sometimes they have fruits. Mumu would like eggs, but he wouldn't like vegetables __4__ the breakfast time.Lunch is at one __5__. Mr and Mrs Green usually have large hamburgers. Mumu doesn't like __6__. He thinks they're __7__. He would like some rice. After that, __8__ like some fruits. __9__Mr and Mrs Green usually have afternoon tea.For dinner, Mr and Mrs Green have soup, beef, vegetables and fruit. Mumu wouldn't like __10__ beef, he'd like some noodles.1. A.
D. isn't2. A.
D. to have3. A.
D. vegetables4. A.
D. on5. A.
C. a clock
D. o'clock6. A.
D. its7. A.
C. healthy
D. delicious8. A.
D. he's9. A.
D. But10. A. any
D. a lotBCCCD ABCDA22Mrs. Green lives in the county, and she doesn't know London very well. One day, she goes to London. She can't find her __1__. Just then she __2__ a man near a bus stop."I can ask him the way," she says to __3__ and asks, "Excuse me, will you please __4__ me the way to King Street?" The man smiles with __5__ answer. He __6__ know English. He speaks Russian. He is a visitor. Then he __7__ his hand into his pocket, __8__ a piece of paper and lets her __9__ it. On the paper are these words, "Sorry, I __10__ English."1. A.
D. ticket2. A. looks
B. watches
D. find3. A.
B. himself
D. themselves4. A.
D. send5. A.
B. doesn't
D. aren't7. A.
C. carries
D. clap8. A.
B. take out
C. takes out
D. give9. A.
B. look at
C. to look out
D. to read10. A. am not speak
B. don't speak
C. don't say
D. am notBCAAC BACDBB23Memory is very important in our life. A good memory is a great help __1__ learning a language. Everybody learns __2__ own language __3__ keeping in mind what he hears __4__ he is a small child. Some children like those who __5__ abroad with their __6__, seem to learn two languages __7__ as they do one. In school, it's not easy for pupils __8__ a second language because they have very __9__ time for it. Memory is like a diary that we keep __10__.1. A with
D for2. A. his
D. ones3. A. with
D. in4. A. when
D. before5. A. live
D. living6. A.parent
B. parents
D. books7. A. easy
D. easiest8. A. to learn
D. studies9. A. a few
D. a little10. A. every
B. every day
C. everyday
D. everyoneBABAA
BBACB24Traffic accidents killed more than 104,000 people in China last year. China cities have __1__ cars than before. Every day many people are __2__ while they cross the road. Most of __3__ are old people and children. Old people are often killed __4__ they usually can't see clearly or hear very well. __5__are killed because they are careless.A car, truck or bus can't stop very __6__ if it is going very fast. The faster a car is traveling, __7__ it takes to stop. But people walking in the street do not always understand this. It's __8__ for people to know how fast a car is traveling.The new traffic laws were put into use __9__ May 1st, 2004. The new traffic laws will __10__ the streets safer for walking and driving.1. A.
D. smaller2. A.
D. attacked3. A.
D. us4. A.
B. because
D. thought5. A.
C. Old people
D. Children6. A.
C. clearly
D. slowly7. A.
the faster
B. the safer
C. the farther
D. the longer8. A.
C. dangerous
D. true9. A.
D. for10. A. take
D. findBACBD
ADACB25For thousands of years, people thought of glass as something beautiful to look at. Only recently __1__ come to __2__ something looked through. Stores __3__ their goods in large glass windows. Glass bottles and jars __4__ food and drink allow us __5__ the contents. Glass __6__ spectacles, microscopes, telescopes, and __7__ very useful and necessary objects, __8__ glasses, are used by people who can not see __9__ or by people who want to protect their eyes __10__ bright light.1. A. they
B. do they
C. they have
D. have they2. A.
B. think of it
C. think it as
D. think of it as3. A. protect
C. display
D. set aside4. A. hold
C. that hold
D. that holding5. A. see
D. seen6. A. used to make
B. is used to make
C. is used to making D. used to making7. A. many others
B. many other
D. another8. A. and
B. as well
D. either9. A. perfectly
B. perfect
C. perfection
D. perfected10. A. from
D. beyondDCCCB
BBAAA26Thomas Edison wore __1__ caps during his life, __2__ thinking caps, the caps of many famous schools and colleges. But the most important cap was his thinking cap. It had saved his mother's __3__. One day when he was a boy, his mother fell ill. The doctor wanted __4__ her an operation. But the light in the room was not bright. Edison quickly __5__ his thinking cap and he found a way __6__ his mother. Edison was good at __7__ his hands and his head. He was the most interesed __8__ electricity. We can see his __9__ everywhere because they are very common. They were __10__ by Edison's thinking cap.1. A. mcuh
D. lot of2. A. as
C. such as
D. was like3. A. living
D. alive4. A. give
B. to give
C. to gave
D. give (原文如此)5. A. take off
B. put off
C. put down
D. put on6. A. save
B. to save
D. saved7. A. use
D. making8. A. at
D. on9. A. inventors
C. invents
D. inventions10. A. inventing
B. invented
D. makingBCBBD
BCCDB27Many children act in TV shows. They work several hours every day, __1__ they can't go to regular school. How do they get their schooling?In Hollywood, about forty __2__ give lessons to the childre. Their work is very __3__. They make sure that the child learn many different subjects. They make sure, too, that the child get enough __4__ and play.Children in Hollywood must attand classes tewenty __5__ each week. If not, they can't __6__in TV shows any longer.The children are a usually __7__ pupils, and most of their teachers like this kind of work. They give the pupils __8__ in many interesting places. Sometimes the "classroom" is a Mississippi __9__. Sometimes it is the insideof a spaceship. Often the pupils becomes __10__ stars.1. A. so
D. because2. A. workers
B. teachers
C. doctors
D. players3. A. important
C. interesting
D. good4. A. money
D. practice5. A. days
D. hours6. A. sit
D. teach7. A. bad
D. lonely8. A. books
C. lessons
D. pencils9. A. bus
D. boat10. A. bright
B. healthy
D. luckyABABD
CCCDC28One morning Mr Green is driving around the country and __1__ a small bookshop. When he sees an old man __2__ the side of the road, he stops his car and says to the old man, "Excuse me, I want __3__ to the Sun Bookshop. Do you know it?""Yes," the old man answer, " I __4__ you the way." He __5__ Mr Green's car, and they drive about twelve miles. __6__ they come to a small house, the old man says, "Stop here." Mr Green stops and __7__ the house. "But this isn't the __8__," he says to the old man. "Right," the old man answers, " this is my house. And now I'll show you the __9__ to the bookshop. Turn around and go back nine miles. __10__ you'll see the bookshop."1. A.
B. looking for
C. finding
D. find2. A.
D. by3. A.
D. to go4. A.
be going to show B. show
C. will show
D. am showing5. A.
is getting in
B. gets on
C. gets into
D. get on6. A.
D. After7. A.
B. looks for
D. watches8. A.
D. bookshop9. A.
D.10. A. So
D. ThenBADCB
BAD D29Glasses protect people's yes from bright light. Microscopes make tiny things larger __1__ we can examine them. Telescopes __2__ objects that are far away appear __3__ closer to us. __4__ in recent years plastics have replaced glass __5__ conditions where glass might be __6__ broken, there are new uses __7__ for glass that were never imagined in the __8__. Perhaps the greatest __9__ of glass is that its constituent (构成的) parts are inexpensive and can be found __10__ over the world.1. A.
B. as that
C. so that
D. such that2. A.
D. make3. A.
D. much4. A. Because of
B. Despite
C. However
D. Although5. A.
D. on6. A.
D. almost7. A.
Being developed
B. be developed
C. to develop
D. to be developed8. A.
D. aged9. A.
B. advance
C. advantage
D. progress10. A. all
C. anywhere
D. whollyCDDCA
BABCA30  English names and Chinese names are quite different in some __1__ ways, but it's not hard for us to know.  Unlike Chinese, most English people have __2__ names. One is their family name, both of the other names are given names. Their family name is __3__ the given name. They use Mr, Mrs or Miss with the __4__ name, but they never use __5__ with the first name. For example, we can __6__ a man named James Allan Green Mr Green, __7__ we can't call him Mr James or Mr Allan. People usually use Jim __8__ James. Jim is short for James because it's __9__ to remember.But Chinese names are the opposite. A girl with the name Han Limei __10__ her family name Han first. Of course, she can be called Ah Mei for short in China if you wish.1. A.
D. the others2. A.
D. four3. A.
D. behind4. A.
D. full5. A.
D. it6. A.
D. write7. A.
D. but8. A.
instead of
B. for long
D. next to9. A.
C. difficult
D. interesting10. A. put
B. putting
D. was putBCDAD
CDABC31  Fire can help people in many ways. But it can also be very harmful. Fire can keep your house __1__, give light and cook food. But fire can burn things, __2__. Big fire can burn, trees, houses, animals or people.  Nobody knows how people began to use fire. But there are __3__ interesting old stories about how a man or woman started a fire. One is __4__ a man. The man __5__ a very long time ago. He went up the sun and __6__ fire down.  Today people know how to make a fire with matches. Children sometimes __7__ to play with them. But matches can be very dangerous. One match can burn a piece of paper, and __8__ it could burn a house. A small fire can turn into a big fire very quickly. So you __9__ be careful with matches.  Be careful with fire, and it will __10__ you. But if you aren't careful with fire, it may hurt you.1. A. warm
D. cooler2. A. also
D. neither3. A. many
D. no4. A. over
C. a little
D. no5. A. worked
B. studied
C. learned
D. lived6. A. bring
C. brought
D. took7. A. enjoy
C. don't like
D. become8. A. after
D. then9. A. can
D. must10. A. help
D. hopeABABD
CBDDA32  Many Americans like to have their vacation in __1__ countries. One day an American __2__ comes to visit China. This is her first time to China and she __3__ to make some friends there. She meets a Chinese. This Chinese wants to talk __4__ with the American. When he sees her, he comes up, say "__5__" to her, then he begins his first talk with a person __6__ an English-speaking country.  "How old are you?" the Chinese __7__.  "I'm __8__. Please don't ask a lady about her __9__."  The Chinese is surprised. He doesn't know __10__. Can you help him?1. A. another
B. the other
D. others2. A. man
D. child3. A. want
D. wants4. A. with English
B. with Chinese
C. in English
D. in Chinese5. A. OK
D. good-bye6. A. to
D. from7. A. asks
D. speaks8. A. sure
D. sorry9. A. name
D. family10. A. how
D. whereCCDCB
DADBB33Football may be the most __2__ of the games. People in many countries around the world like playing it. In the 19th century people in Enland first played this kind of balls. The player moved the ball __2__. The first international football game was between England and Scotland in 1872.Football is played by two teams with eleven men on each team. Each team has one way to win. It must score more goals __3__ the other team. Each goal in games is one point. Football is a round ball. Players may kick it and __4__ it by any part of the body except the __5__. Only one player on the team can use his hands. This player is the goal keeper.A football game usually __6__ for ninety minutes. The teams play for forty-five minutes, and then take a short rest. After this halftime rest, they play again for __7__ forty-five minutes.Now football is one of __8__played in the Olympics. Another important international football match is called the World Cup. The world cup is held __9__ every four years. The __10__ of the world cup is the world champion(冠军)football team.1. A. careful
B. popular
C. dangerous
D. difficult2. A. with his foot
B. by his feet
C. with their feet
D. by their feet3. A. as
D. in4. A. move
D. lift5. A. feet
D. bodies6. A. begins
D. gets7. A. other
C. the others
D. another8. A. the sport teams B. the sport team C. the team sports
D. the team sport9. A. first
D. the first10. A. win
B. winning
D. winnerBCCAC
BDCCD34New comers to the United States are often surprised by the schools. Amercian schools sometimes seem so different from shools they know in __1__ parts of the world. American education is based on the __2__ that children need to learn to think __3__ themselves. The school should be the __4__ where they learn to do this. In school, children learn the "three R's" (reading, writing and arithmetic), history and government (often called social studies) and many other subjects. They also learn __5__ to be independent, how to make their won judgment, and how to develop their own abilities and interests. The American teacher does not __6__ the children in her class to sit with hands folded quietly and to say __7__. She wants them to listen attentively and ask questions. She knows that what children learn from books is __8__. She also knows that, it is necessary for them to know how to use this learning for their __9__ and development. During open school week, parents have a __10__ to see how American education works.1. A. other
C. another
D. all2. A. opinion
C. promise
D. question3. A. of
B. against
D. with4. A. place
D. area5. A. when
D. where6. A. think
D. make7. A. something
B. anything
C. nothing
D. much8. A. important
B. unimportant C. necessary
D. useless9. A. improving
D. tomorrow10. A. ability
B. possibility
C. interest
D. chanceABCAB
BCABD35A teacher was asking a student a lot of questions, but the student __1__ answer any of them .the teacher then decided to ask him __2__ questions so that he could get __3__ right. " Who was Beethoven?" she asked. The student answered, "He was American." After he __4__. "__5__ . He was a German musician." The teacher said. She __6__ a little angry now. __7__ she was trying not to show it. Then she asked, " Who was the first president of the United States?" The student thought for a long time. But he didn't say __8__. Then the teacher got very angry and __9__, "George Washington!" The student got up and began to walk towards the door. " Come back!" The teacher said, "I __10__ you to go.""Oh, I'm sorry" the student said, " I thought you called the next student. "1. A. wasn't able to
B. was able to
C. was able
D. was no able to2. A. hard
B. very easy
C. difficult
D. easily3. A. little
D. A little4. A. listen
C. thought
D. miss5. A. Yes
D. Sure6. A. is
B. is getting
C. was getting
D.wasn't7. A. So
D. As8. A. nothing
B. anything
C. something
D. everything9. A. spoke
C. shouted
D. laughed10. A. let
C. didn't tell
D. madeABCCB
BCBCC36Cars are very popular in America. When the kids are fourteen years old. They dream of having their own __1__. Many students work after school to __2__ a car. In most places __3__ people learn to drive in high school. They have to take a __4__ test to get a licence. Learning to drive and getting a driver's __5__ may be one of the most exciting things in their lives. For many, that piece of paper is an important symbol that they are now grown-ups.Americans seem to love their cars almost more than anything else. People almost never go to see a doctor when they are __6__. But they will take __7__ cars to a "hospital" at the smallest sign of a problem. At weekends, people __8__ most of the time in washing and waxing their cars. For some families it is not enough to have __9__ car. They often have two or even three. Husbands need a car to go to work. Housewives need a car to go shopping or to take the children to school or __10__ activities.1. A. cars
B. computers
D. houses2. A. borrow
D. sell3. A. old
D. young4. A. language
B. listening
C. driving
D. body5. A. address
C. driving
D. licence6. A. sick
B. healthy
C. pleased
D. angry7. A.his
D. their8. A. cost
D. pay9. A. no
D. several10. A. other
B. another
D. elseABDCD
ADCBA37Kelly is a clerk. She works in a town. She is __1__ from morning to night.She gets up at six o'clock in the morning and goes __2__ at half past six. Then she has breakfast __3__ the family at a qurater past seven. She goes to __4__ at a quarter __5__ eight.She __6__ work at half past four and __7__ home. She arrvies home at a quarter to five. At half past six she makes supper. After supper, she has __8__ rest. Sometimes she watches TV for a little while. She __9__ for about an hour __10__ she goes to bed.1. A. free
D. careful2. A. to watch TV
B. to wait
C. to work
D. to run3. A. and
D. with4. A. work
D. dance5. A. past
D. in6. A. begins
B. finishes
D. starts7. A. walks
D. leaves8. A. many
D. a little9. A. studies
D. waits10. A. after
D. andBDDAA
BCDAB38On May 27,1995,our life was suddenly changed.It happened a few minutes past three, __1__ my husband,Chris,fell from his horse as it jumped over a fence.Chris was paralyzed(瘫痪) from the chest down, __2__ to breathe normally.As he was thrown from his horse,we entered into a life of disabilitl with lots of unexpected challenges(挑战).We went from the haves to the have-nots.Or so we thought.Yet what we discovered later were all the gifts that came out of __3__ difficulties.We came to learn that something __4__ could happen in a disaster(灾难).All over the world people cared for Chris so much that letters and postcards poured in every day.By the end of the third week in a
__5__ center in Virginia,about 35000 pieces of __6__ had been received and sorted.As __7__, we opened letter after letter.They gave us comfort and became a source of strength for us.We used them to encourage ourselves.I would go to the pile of letters marked with Funny if we neededa __8__, or to the Disabled box to find advice from people in wheelchairs or even in bed living happily and __9__
.These letters,we realized,had to be shared.And so __10__ we often one of them to you.1.A since
D while2.A able
C suitable
D unsuitable3.A sharing
B separating
D exploiting4.A terrible
C wonderful
D practical5.A medical
C experimental
D mental6.A news
C equipment
D mail7.A patients
B a family
D a group8.A cry
D sigh9.A bitterly
D successfully10.A here
C therefore
D forwardCBACA
DBBDA39What is a museum? A museum is a good place to keep __1__ and beautiful things.A museum may be a place to learn about science.A museum can be a place __2__ art of Indians or animals.What is inside a museum? Some museums __3__ old cars and airplanes. __4__ museums have pictures and statues(雕像).Others have rocks and old bones.One museum even has __5__ coal mine inside! Many cities have museum.Some very small __6__ have museums, __7__. Indianapolis has a
__8__ musuum.Children do not have to pay to get in.Children go to the museum often.They like
__9__ at the dinosaur bones.They see a white bear ten feet tall.They go inside an old log cabin(小木屋).On Saturday,Indianapolis children can __10__talks about animals and trees.They see movies.1. A new
D important2. A for
D on3. A has
C there is
D there are4 A a bit
B A little
D Many5.A the
D on6. A homes
C villages
D countries7. A too
D neither8. A child's
C children's
D children9. A see
D to look10. A listen
B to listen
D to hearBCBDC BACDC40John sent for a doctor because his wife was ill. He called the doctor and made sure they
meet at five. He arrived at the doctor's at twenty
five. He thought, "It's a little bit earlier. I'll wait for a moment. It's good
there on time ."
her stopped his car in front of the doctor's. He
and saw a noisy square(广场) not far from here. He went there and sat down on a chair to enjoy the last light of afternoon sun and
himself quiet. He saw some children playing and some women talking to each other happily.Suddenly he
a girl crying. He came up to her and asked some questions. Then he knew she got lost. John tried to find our her
and took her home. The girl's parents were very thankful(感激的).Then John hurried to the doctors. When the doctor saw him, he was very
and said, "You're late. Why did you keep me waiting for twenty minutes?" John said
except one word-"Sorry!"1.A should
D will2.A past
D after3.A to arrive at
C to leave
D to ride4.A Every time B From now on C Before
D Then5.A looked for
B looked after
C looked at
D looked around6.A made
D felt7.A hears
B was hearing
D would hear8.A name
D address9.A polite
D kind10.A something
B everything
C anything
D nothingCBBDD
ACDBD41  Susan Cleveland is the young president of a candy company in the city of Chicago. Her father began the company in the 1960's. He died three years ago. Now, the company belongs to Susan.  Susan, ___1___, did not have any jobs before becoming head of the company. She just finished the college. The employees became even more concerned during Susan's first months on the job. Mr. Cleveland had been a ___2___ leader. But Susan permitted ___3___ employees to make their own ___4___. One employee said, "Old Mr. Cleveland ___5___ told us what to do. He kept people on a short leash. But the company did well. What does a "short leash" mean? A leash is a kind of rope. We use a leash to walk our pet dogs. The leash keeps the dog from ___6__ away or getting into trouble.  Keeping a person on a short leash means keeping him or her ___7___ close control. The person can't make many decisions for himself or herself. Ms Cleveland does not keep her workers on a short leash. __8__, she encourages them to get ___9___ ways to do business. For example, her secretary proposed an idea. She said the company should offer a sum of money as a prize to the best students in the high school near the factory. The winner could use the prize money to study at a university. Ms Cleveland appreciated the idea. After the prize was announced, people who lived in the area of the factory began to buy ___10___ of the company's candy. Local newspapers wrote about the competition. Business improved.  Ms Cleveland made her secretary the company's first Director of Public Relations. The former secretary was very pleased.  1. A. but
D. however  2. A. weak
D. clever3. A. on
D. many4. A. products
B. candies
C. decisions
D. plans5. A. never
D. did6. A. stepping
B. pulling
C. running
D. jumping7. A. at
D. under8. A. Still
C. Instead
D. While9. A. other
D. better10. A. some
D. lessDBDCB
CDCAC42 Version 1:There are many people in the world now. There will
a lot more people next century . The earth will be crowded and there will be a little room
each person. Maybe there will be
room only on the earth 600 years later . That will be a very serious problem.  
man is thinking of a way to solve the
.The moon is the satellite of the earth..
Maybe man will go to
on the moon one day .But there
no air, no plants, no life. So
are doing experiments in many ways. They
solve many problems
man can live on the moon.1. A. be
D. have2. A. to
D. for3. A. standing
B. sitting
C. sleeping
D. doing4. A. and
D. or5. A. matter
B. accident
C. question
D. problem6. A. see
D. live7. A are
D. was8. A, farmers
B. teachers
C. workers
D. scientists9. A. may
B. have to
D. will10. A. before
D. tillADACD
DBDBA43 Version 2:  There are many people in the world now. There will be a lot more people next century. __1__
earth will be very crowded and there will only be a little room for each person. Maybe there will only be
2_ room on the earth 600 years __3__ . That will be a very serious problem  So man is __4__ of a way to solve the
.The moon is the satellite of the earth. Maybe man will go to
on the moon one day .But there
no air, no plants, no life. So
are doing experiments in many ways. They
solve many problems
man can live on the moon.1. A. /
D. A2. A. standing
B. sitting
C. sleeping
D. doing3. A. faster
C. earlier
D. sooner4. A. saying
B. telling
C. thinking
D. knowing5. A. matter
B. accident
C. question
D. problem6. A. see
D. live7. A. are
D. was8. A. farmers
B. teachers
C. workers
D. scientists9. A. may
B. have to
D. will10. A. before
D. tillBABCD
DBDBA44  Two hundred years ago, people in the West did not know coffee or tea. They were __21__to drink them because they thought coffee or tea could kill a person. Once the king of England decided to find out __22__ it was true.At that time there were two brothers in prison. They would be killed __23__ a few days because they did wrong. The king said, "I shall let them live but they must drink coffee or tea to the end of their __24__. One brother must drink coffee and __25 ___ must drink tea every day." And they __26__ the king's words.They __27__ lived many years. At last, the elder brother __28__ when he was eighty-three years old. The younger one died a few years __29__. After that, people __30__ that coffee and tea were not bad to man.21. A. happy
D. rich22. A. when
D. because23. A. after
D. in24. A. life
D. living25. A. one
B. another
D. the other26. A. heard
B. listened to
C. followed
D. did27. A. both
C. neither
D. all28. A. killed
D. dead29. A. ago
D. before30. A. shouted
D. knewBCDCD
CACCD45Mr and Mrs. Smith arrived at Toronto Airport at the end of a three-week holiday in America. It was very hot there. Mr. Smith __1__ the beard(胡须)though he had always worn it. But his passport photo showed him __2__ his beard.An officer looked at the photo for a moment and said, "will you excuse me? Please __3__. I won't keep you long." With this, he walked __4__. He showed the photo to the second officer, and said, "I __5__ the face." The second officer looked at the passport and asked __6__ Mr. Smith had just come from. Whe he heard that the Smiths had just come from Washington, the second officer's __7__ lit up and said, " A man with a beard stole a painting in Washington. And that man __8__ just a kind of man..."Suddenly, the first officer recoginized Mr. Smith. He returned to him, and asked, "__9__ you teach at Feltham High School?" "Yes, I did." Mr. Smith answered in some surprise. The first officer smiled and said, "I __10__ so. I'm Alan Simpson. You taught me history. You haven't changed a bit."1. A. took away
B. took down
C. took out
D. took off2. A. and
D. without3. A. sit down
B. come out
D/ come round4. A. along
D. back5. A. see
D. watch6. A. where
D. who7. A. feet
D. eyes8. A. is
D. looked9. A. Do
D. Will10. A. thought
D. couldDCBBB
ADCBA46A miser (守财奴)sold all that he had and bought a lump of gold, __1__ he buried in a hole in the ground by the side of an old wall and __2__ to look at daily. One of his __3__ ovserved his frequent visits __4__ the spot and decided to watch his movements. He soon discovered the secret of the hidden treasure, came to the lump of gold, and __5__ it. The miser, __6__ his next visit, found the hole empty and began to tear his hair and to cry. A neighbor, __7__ him overcome with grief(悲伤)and learning the cause, said, "Go and take a stone, and place it in the __8__, and fancy that the gold is still __9__ there. It will so you quite the same service: for when the gold was there, you did not __10__ the slightest use of it."1. A. that
D. where2. A. went
D. had gone3. A. workman
B. workmans
C. worksman
D. workmen4. A. from
D. on5. A.stole
B. looked at
D. found6. A. in
D. from7. A. saw
D. was seeing8. A. ground
D. wall9. A. lying
D. lay10. A. put
D. getBADBA
BCBAC47Once there were three old men. They were rather __1__. They always forget __2__ they were doing. One of __3__ said, " I often forget if I should put something in or __4__ something out of the fridge as __5__ as I open its door."The second old man said, " I always wonder if I have just come upstairs or __6__ when I am standing at the landing.""I am even __7__ forgetful than __8__ of you." The third old man knocked at the table and said. Then , he __9__ the other two men, "Who __10__ knocked at the table?"1. A. forget
C. forgetful
D. forgotten2. A. what
D. when3. A. they
D. theirs4. A. bring
D. make5. A. soon
C. sonnest
D. a soon6. A. go
D. am going7. A. much
D. most8. A. all
D. each9. A. turned
B. turned on
C. turned to
D. turned off10. A. yet
C. already
D. just toCABCA
A very new, young officer was at a railway station. He was on his way to visit his mother in __1__ town, and he wanted to telephone her to tell her the time of his train, __2__ she could meet him at the __3__ in her car. He looked at all his pockets, but __4__ that he did not have the right money for the telephone, so he went outside and looked __5__ for someone to help him. At last an old soldier came by, and the young officer stopped him and said,"Can you change the money __6__ me?"  "Wait a moment." The old soldier __7__, beginning to put his hand in his __8__,"I'll see whether I can help you."  "Don't you know how to speak to an officer? "the young man said angrily. "Now let's __9__ again. Have you got change for ten pence?"  "No, sir." The old soldier answered __10__.1. A other
B the other
D one2. A so
D when3. A place
D stop4. A knew
D found out5. A up
D into6. A to
D and7. A answered
D smiled8. A coat
D pocket9. A start
B to begin
D ask10. A easily
D quicklyCBBCC
Monday is the b it is the day most Americans like worst. The day they _1__ most is Saturday. Saturday is the_2__ it is the beginning of the weekend.  Life is__3__ most Americans __4__care of their houses, cars and gardens. They sleep __5_ at the night. They enjoy the feeling that the time ___6__ to move more slowly.  The workweek is for things you __7__ the weekend is for things you __8__ to do. Some people may get in a car for a __9__ in the country. They like to take part in a sports activity out of doors. And on Saturday night they might go to public eating __10__ or a film.1. A. like
B. dislike
D. leave2. A. middle
B. beginning
D. day3. A. worse
B. difficult
D. different4. A. make
D. pick5. A. earlier
D. shorter6. A. decides
D. seems7. A. enjoy
D. find8. A. like
D. check9. A. drive
C. finishing
D. washing10. A. place
D. apartmentACCBB
It was getting dark. Some children and two Canadian women were still
on the ice near a big hotel. They were having a good time.  Suddenly the ice
.One of the boys fell into the water. The children shouted, "Help! Help!" They didn't know
to do. The two Canadian friends heard
and skated over to get the boy out of the water.  The ice was
.The two Canadians fell into the water, too. But they tried their best to
the little boy. They knew they must be
.If they didn't push him up onto the ice, he would soon die.  Many people ran over to
.Some of them had ropes and poles. A young man jumped into the water to save the
people.  The boy and the two Canadian women were out of water at last. One of the women didn't feel well. She was sent to the nearest
at once. But she felt very happy because the boy was safe.1.A boating
C planting
D swimming2.A broke
D flew3.A who
D where4.A one
D her5.A big
D thin6.A save
D tell7.A slow
D wrong8.A play
D help9.A two
D five10.A hospital
D gardenBACCD
People in different parts of the world have very different ideas about what is good to eat. The people near the North Pole __1__ the raw meat of seals. People living in the desert __2__ the roasted(烘烤的) meat of sheep or goats. Americans cook the meat of many different animals, but perhaps their favourite __3__ is steak. Americans also eat a lot of chicken, as well as fish and other foods from the sea. Some people in India do not eat meat or fish __4__.  Even when people in different parts of the world eat the same __5__, they often prepare it very differently. If you were in Germany, you would find soup that is thick and heavy. If you were in China, you would find soup that is thin and clear. Many __6__ like butter th __7__, some people - in India, for example - like butter that it is melted into an oil.  People in different parts of the world also have different ideas about what is good to drink. The most popular hot drinks are coffee and tea. Coffee is very popular __8__ northern Europe and in the Middle East. Some people put cream and sugar in their coffee. But in the United Stated, many people make their coffee "black" - that is, __9__ cream or sugar. __10__ is the national drink in China, Japan, and other east Asian countries. In these countries, people drink tea without sugar. But in England, where it is also a national drink, many people use sugar and hot or cold milk in their tea.1. A. enjoy
D. kill2. A. keep
B. discover
D. prove3. A. animal
D. food4. A. after all
B. in the end
D. no longer5. A. soup
D. meat6. A. countries
C. parents
D. children7. A. therefore
B. however
C. although
D. because8. A. at
D. to9. A. with
B. without
D. off10. A. Tea
D. Coca ColaACDCB
类似以前29 Peter & Jack,文章略有改动,填空不同Tom was ten years old. One day his friend Jack said to him, "I'm going to have a birthday party
Saturday. Tom, can you come to my party?""I'll be glad to," answered Tom.Tom asked his mother and she said, "Yes, you can go.
don't __3__ some food." Tom said, " __4__, Mum." He was happy.On Saturday Tom went to Jack's house __5__. There __6__ a lot of children at the party. They played and sang "Happy Birthday" to Jack. They had a good time. And __7__ Jack's mother gave them some food, but she
to give Tom __9__. There was only a plate in front of him. He thought to himself, "I'd better wait." He waited politely for some time and then he put his plate on his head and said."
anyone want a nice and clean plate?"1.A in
D /2.A Then
D But3.A want to
D have4.A All right
C That's right.
D I know5.A in bus
B by a bike
D with foot6.A are
D was7.A then
D for8.A remeber
C don't forget
D forgot9.A some
D a little10.A Do
D. ShallBCCAC
Mr. Black works in a hospital. As a good __1__, the people in the town like him. He's often __2__ to the patients and looks them over carefully. __3__ he's always busy and has little time to rest.One morning Mr. Black got to the hospital and saw there was a fat woman in the __4__. He called her into his office and asked, "__5__, madam?""It was my birthday yesterday, sir", said the woman. "My husband gave me a __6__. But I couldn't push my way in it.""__7__, madam," said Mr. Black. "You must lose some weight. You'll be able to __8__ your coat, if you do all that I say.""You're __9__, sir," said the rich woman. "He bought me not a coat, but an expensive __10__."1. A. doctor
C. teacher
D. cleaner2. A. bad
D. kind3. A. Or
D. Then4. A. classroom
B. waiting room
D. zoo5. A. How do you do
B. How are you
C. What's the matter
D. How old are you6. A. house
D. present7. A. It doesn't matter
B. It's a pleasure
C. I have no idea