这个初中英语完形填空题题怎么做

全方位的解读高考英语完形填空题,教你如何应对这种题型。从近几年高考题中,归类..
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
教你怎样做英语完形填空题
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口如何做好英语完形填空题_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
&&¥3.00
&&¥3.00
&&¥0.50
&&¥0.50
&&¥0.50
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
如何做好英语完形填空题
做​好​中​考​英​语​完​型​的​方​法
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢2010年高考英语试题分类汇编――完形填空
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
最新公告:
&&没有公告
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&文章正文
&&&热&&&&&★★★
2010年高考英语试题分类汇编――完形填空
作者:林丽华 文章来源:本站原创 点击数: 更新时间: 1:30:22
&&&& B ehind our house is the start of a fascinating trail (36& , Beans, and I walk the trail frequently. Normally, Beans sniffs alongside the trail to follow the smell of a deer track or& &37& &some cause known only to him.
&&&& B eans is a white dog, quite handsome and very &&38 . He not only understands what we tell him, but also often makes sounds as if he were trying to &&39& &back.
One morning, we took a different route, which led us to an unfamiliar trail. I was sure this trail would eventually lead us to our familiar &&40 &. But, no. We seemed to be far off course. After two hours, I suddenly realized that Beans probably &&41& &the way home. So I urged, "Beans, take me home." He ran down a new trail. But it merely led to an intersection (
Soon it became &&42& &that we were getting nowhere. I began to picture the rest of the day in the &&43& , without food or drink. We had walked about ten miles. But Beans seemed totally &&44 . The sniffing and exploring was going well for him.
Finally, we &&45& &a crossroad near a highway. Lady Luck suggested I should turn left. We did and& &46 &&reached a cottage beside a field. I knocked on the door and explained my situation to an old man. He laughed and then drove us home.
Since our adventure, I& &47& &that Beans probably knew all along how to get home. He was just having too much fan exploring new trails.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. dog&&&&&&&&&&&& && C. lady&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. man&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&& B. consider&&&&&&&& && C. explore&&&&&&&&& && D. present&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&& B. sweet&&&&&&&&& &&&& C. slow&&&&&&&&&& &&&& D. shy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&& B. kick&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. jump&&&&&&&&&& &&&& D. speak&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&& B. path&&&&&&&&&&&& & C. crossroad&&&&&&& && D. highway&&&&&&&&&&&
&&& B. saw&&&&&&&&&&&& && C. showed&&&&&&&& &&& D. made& &&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&& B. ridiculous&&&&&&& && C. fascinating&&&&&& && D. apparent&&&&&&&&&&&
&& B. forest&&&&&&&&&&& & C. field&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. cottage&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&& B. unconscious&&&& &&&& C. undecided&&&&&& &&& D. uncomfortable&&
&&& B. went off&&&&&&&& && C. came to&&&&&&&& &&& D. drove toward&&&&
&&&&& B. frequently&&&&&& &&&& C. formally&&&&&&& &&&& D. shortly&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&& B. remembered&&&&& && C. concluded&&&&&& &&& D. confirmed&&&&&&&&
39& &back.”
36& , Beans, and I walk the trail frequently.”
Parents are busy people. If they are working, they are usually not at home &&48 when/ after their children return from school. Sometimes it is necessary for a parent to write &&49 an &after-school note for their children. They sometimes put the note on the kitchen table, the refrigerator, &50 or &another place where their children are sure to find it. A note is often a &51 better& &way to "talk" with a child than using the telephone. For one thing, parents have time to think about& 52what& &they want to say before they write. &&For53& &another, the note lists all the information in one place. It is easy to read again and again People often forget all the details that &they 54& &hear in a telephone call. Finally, cell phones can be turned &&55 off&& &or telephone calls not answered. For these reasons, after-school notes are very popular with parents.
“Airport? You __43__ are lost,” Alice said. “You need to go back five kilometers __44__ you reach the T-junction. Turn left and __45__ for about another 10 kilometers to the main highway. From there, just follow the __46__ to the airport. But I’m afraid there’s no __47__ you’ll get there in five minutes!”
&&&&&&&&& B& Besides& &&&&&&&& C& Therefore&&&&& &&&& D& Otherwise
&&&&&&&&&& B& excited& &&&&&&&& C& curious&&&&&&& &&&& D& stubborn
&&&&&&&&&&&& B& seemed&& &&&&&& C& proved&&&&&&&& &&& D& grew
&&&&&&&&&&& B& around&& &&&&&&& C& forward&&&&&&& &&& D& backward
&&&&&&&&&&&& B& stopped& &&&&&&& C& stayed&&&&&&&& &&&& D& started
&&&&&&&&&&& B& existed& &&&&&&&& C& dropped&&&&&&& &&& D& moved
&&&&&&&&&&& B& gas&&&&& &&&&&& C& rest&&&&&&&&&& &&&& D& water
B normally &&&&&&&&&& C& basically&&&&& &&&&&& D& certainly
&&&&&&&&&&& B& until&&& &&&&&&&&& C& unless&&&&&&&& &&&& D& as
&&&&&&&&&&& B& walk&&&& &&&&&& C& follow&&&&&&&& &&&& D& march
&&&&&&&&&&& B& signs&&& &&&&&&& C& notices&&&&&&& &&&& D& guidance
& B room&&&& &&&&&&&& C& time&&&&&&&&&& &&& D& way
&&&&&&&&&&&& B& get it&& &&&&&&&&& C& make it&&&&&&& &&&& D& finish it
&&&&&&&&&& B& window&& &&&&& C& headlight&&&&& &&&&& D& wheel
&&&&&&&&&& B& rushed&& &&&&&&& C& turned&&&&&&&& &&&& D& continued
&&&&&&&&&&& B& sensitive&&&&&&&&&& C& imaginable&&&& &&&&& D& horrible
B& appeared &&&&&&& C& spread&&&&&&&& &&& D& faded
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B& floating &&&&&&&&& C& drawing&&&&&&& &&& D& flashing
&&&&&&&&&&& B& returned &&&&&&&& C& broke&&&&&&&&& &&& D& rose
&&&&&&&&&& B& voice&&& &&&&&&& C& sound&&&&&&&&& && D& tone
__41__ that my class was next.
__42___. All I had to do in the next move was put one foot on the box next to mine and keep my other foot on my box. I really was an& __43__ move. I was concentrating so much& __44___ the huge smile on my face and holding my head up that I did not look& __45__ I was going. I missed my partner’s box altogether and __46__. There I was standing on the stage floor when my classmates were on top of their boxes. I could hear giggles(
Recently I realized I had been a __53__ that night. I was ___54___, but I fought the urge to run off the stage. __55___, I finished the routine with a smile on my face. Now when friends and family laugh about the time I slipped during a dance performance, I can laugh too.
B. visited&& C. attended&&& D. decorated
B. impression&& C. debate&&& D. attention
B. show off& C . look after&&& D. give up
B. suitable && C . obvious&&&& D . perfect
B. folded up&&& C. covered up&&& D. mixed up
B. explained&&& C. announced&&& D. predicted
&&&&& B . audience&&& C . curtain& && D . stage
&&&&&& B . active&& && C . adventurous&& D. extra
& B . hiding& &&& C . sharing& & D . keeping
&&&&&& B . whether && C . where&& & D . what
B. slipped && C . waved&& D . skipped
&&&&&& B . pleasure && C . pride&& &&& D . tear
B . cheer&&& C . believe &&&& D . notice
B . example && C . advice &&&& D . plan
&&&& B . hopes&& && C . voice& &&&& D . patience
&&&& B . shouted& & C . begged &&& D . sobbed
&&&&& B . calm&& &&& C . let &&& D . put
B . pioneer& & C . loser &&&&&& D . fool
B . moved& && C . embarrassed&&& D. confused
B . Instead&& C . In total& & D . in return
___47___ tons of wood each year.
Fill in each blank with the word or phrase that best fits the
What is the purpose of the dress rehearsals and the out-of-town previews that many Broadway shows go through? The answer is adding, deleting, replacing, reordering, ___51___ revising. Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Phantom of the Opera underwent such a process.
When you revise, you change aspects of your work in ___54___ to your evolving purpose, or to include ___55___ ideas or newly discovered information.
Revision is not just an afterthought that gets only as much time as you have at the end of an assignment. ___56___, it is a major stage of the writing process, and writers revise every step of the way. Even your decision to ___57___. topics while prewriting is a type of revising. However. don't make the mistake of skipping the revision stage that follows ___58___. Always make time to become your own ___59___and view your dress rehearsal, so to speak. Reviewing your work in this way can give you ___60___ new ideas.
& &&&&&& B . style&&&&& &&&&& C . process&&& &&&& D . career
&&&&&& B . as a result& &&&& C . for example&&&&& D . in other words
&&&&&& &&&&&& B . skipped&& &&&&&& C . rejected&&& &&&& D . replaced
&&&&&& B . released&& &&&&&& C . recorded&&& && D . reserved
&&&&&& B . response& &&&&&& &&&&&& C . opposition&& && D . contrast
&&&&&& B . ambitious &&&&&& C . familiar&&&&& & D . fresh
&&&&&& B . Moreover &&&&&& C . Instead&&&&& & D . Therefore
&&&&& B . switch&&& &&&&&& C . exhaust&&&& && D . cover
&&&&&& B . rearranging &&&& C . performing &&&& D . training
&&&&&& B . master&&&& &&&& C . audience&& &&&& D . visitor
&&&&&& B . valuable&& &&&&&& C . basic&&&&& &&&& D . delicate
&&&&&& B . weakening& &&&& C . maintaining&&&&&& D . assessing
&&&&&& B . bright&&&&& &&& C . unique&&& &&&&&& D . clear
&&&&&& B . evidence&&& &&& C . information&&&&&& D . hints
&&&&&& B . uninteresting && C . concrete&& &&&& D . final
such a process.”
39 &never came.
40& at him, confused, scratching my head. “Still can’t speak Chinese?” He& 41& me, “You can’t even buy a fish in Chinatown.”
42 &with or without Chinese.” I replied and turned to my mom for& &43 &.
44& the words, running downstairs into the streets of Chinatown.
45& surrounded in a sea of customers. “I’d like to buy some fresh fish,” I shouted to the fishman. But he &46 &my English words and turned to serve the next customer. The laugh of the people behind increased& 47 &their impatience. With every 48 &, the breath of the dragons49& me to cry out, “Xian Sheng Yu50& and I ran back home& 51 &,expect for the $20 bill I held tightly in my pocket.
52& Instead , I was the joke , a disgrace
53&& , but , in the end .the joke is on &&&54& . Every laugh is a culture&&&& 55&& ; every laugh is my heritage
&&&&&&& B. games&& &&&&&&&&& C .characters .&&&&& &&& D. language
&&& B. around&& &&&&&&&& C. along&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. aside
&&& B. before&&& &&&&&&& C. unless &&&&&&&&&&&& D. until
& B. study&&&& &&&&&&& C. time&&&&&&&&&&&& & D. attempt
&& B. joke&&&&& &&&&&&& C. nod&&&&&&&&&&&& && D. stare
& B. laughed at&&& && C. argued with&&&&& &&& D. asked after
B. from now&&&& C. at times&&&&&&&& &&& D. in time
&&& B. permission&& &&& C. information&&&&& &&& D. preparation
& B. reviewed&&&& && C. spelled&&&&&&&& &&&&& D. kept
&&&& B. stand&&&&&&& && C. pond&&&&&&&&&&& && D. market
& B. forgot&&&&&& && C. doubted&&&&&&&& &&& D. ignored
&& B. as&&&&&&&&&& & C. with&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. from
&& B. effort&&&&&& &&& C. desire&&&&&&&&&&& & D. movement
B. allowing&&&&& & C. persuading&&&&&&& & D. leading
& B. blank&&&&&&& && C. pale&&&&&&&&&&&& && D. red
& B. tongue-tied&&& C. empty-handed&&&& && D. broken-hearted
& B. home&&&&&& &&& C. risk&&&&&&&&&&&& && D. root
B. deed&&&&&&& &&& C. challenge&&&&&& &&&&& D. incident
B. us&&&&&&&&& && C. me&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. them
B. lost&&&&&&&& && C. divided&&&&&&&&& && D. reflected
&&&&& 37.D&&&&&&&&& &&& 38.A&&&&&&&& &&&&& 39.C &&&&&&&&& 40.D
&&&&&&& 42.A&&&&&&&& &&&&& 43.B&&&&&&& &&&&&&& 44.A&&&&&& & 45.B
&&&&&&&&&&& 47.C&&&&&&&& &&&&& 48.A&&&&&&&& &&&&& 49.A&&&& &&&&& 50.D
&&&&&&&&&&&&& 52.B&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& 53.D&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& 54.C&&&&& &&& 55.B
16& an gang (17&& trouble, he decided to do something about it. So in 1991 he began to invite small groups of kids to go fishing with him on his day&& 18 &&&.
impact. A chance encounter in 2000 proved that. One day,& 20& working security at a school basketball game, Moody noticed two young guys&& 21&& .He sensed trouble between them. &22&& one of them headed toward Moody and gave him a hug.”I 23&& you. You took me&&& 24&& when I was& in fifth grade. That was one of the& 25&& days of my life .”
26& teenagers to the basics of fishing in camping programs. “As a policeman, I saw& 27& there was violence, drugs were always behind it. They have a damaging& 28& on the kids,” says Moody.
29& to present an alternative way of life, “When you’re sitting there waiting for a& 30 ,”he says, “you can’t help but talk to each other, and such& 31& can be pretty deep.”
32& the first program. “And I was able to help my little brother& 33& drugs.”
35 to give back,” Moody says.”If I teach a kid to fish today, he can teach his brother to fish tomorrow.”
&&& B C &&& D
B &&&&& C & D
BC&&&&&& D
B &&&&& C && D
BC. see& &&&&& D
B C D . swimming
B C &&&&&& D
&&&&& B C&&&& D
&& B C & D
B. worked out&& C. approved of&& D. made up
& B . avoid&& && C . tolerate& & D . test
B. challenge&&& C. competition&& D. retirement
&&&&&& B . school &&&& C . family& &&& D . community
B efore setting down. High desert winds had &&22&& the airport to close all but one runway. He said that we would be &&23&& &the city for a few minutes waiting to &&24& . We were also told to remain in our seats meanwhile with our seat belts fastened& 25& &there might be a few bumps(26& by comparison.
27& &and had to use
a(n) 28& &&space because it only 29& &&to increase the discomfort of the situation.
About twenty minutes into the adventure
&noticed32 &was having a good time! With each bump of the33!he would let out a giggle(&that he didn’t know he was supposed to be afraid and worried about his &&&35 He neither thought about the past nor about the future Those are what we grown―ups have learned from& 36&& .He was 37& the ride& because had not yet been taught to fear it. Having& understood this&38& back into my seat39& &on a roller coaster. I smiled for the rest of the flight. I even& 40&&& to& giggle once or twice ,much to the chagrin(
B . delay &&&&&& &&&&&& C . change&& &&&&&&& D. wind
&&&&& B . warned&&&&& &&&&&& C . swept&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. reminded
B . visiting &&&&&&&&&& C. circling&& &&&&&&& D. crossing
&&&&&& &&&&&& B . enter& &&&&& &&&&&& C . stop&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . land
&&&&& B . though&&&&& &&&&&& C . because& &&&&&&& D. while
&&&&&& B . pale&& &&&& &&&&&& C . easy&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . quick
&&&&& B . nervous&&&& &&&&&& C . angry&&& &&&&&&& D. afraid
&&&& B . narrow&&&&& &&&&&& C . secret&& &&&&&&&& D. open
B . continues &&&&&&& C. fails&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . serves
&&&& B . hot&& &&&&& &&&&&& C .& dirty&&& &&&&&& D.& crowded
&&& B .& gradually &&&&&& C . shortly&&&&& &&&&&& D . clearly
& B . baby&&&& &&&&&& C . guard &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . man
&& B .& passengers&&&& C . flight& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . airplane
&&&& B .& hoped&& &&&&&& C . agreed&& &&&&&&& D. insisted
&&&&&& B . safety&&&&& &&& C . joy&& &&&&& &&&&&& D . future
& B . books&&& &&&&&& C . experience &&&&& D. practice
&&&&&& B . taking &&&&& &&&&&& C . missing& & &&&&&& D . enjoying
& &&&&&& B . lay&&&&&& &&&&&& C . went&&&&&& &&& D . rode
&&&&&& B . finally &&&&& &&&&&& C . really&&&& &&&&&& D . suddenly&
B. managed&&&& &&&&&& C . wanted& & &&&&&& D . decided
Every country has its own culture.
21& functions and purposes which lead to& 22& differences.
23&& and they had distiFnct functions. You have to push the door with the word “PUSH” to go out of the building and to pull the door with the word “PULL” to& 24& the building. This was new to me, because we use the &&25& door in south Korea. For quite a few times I failed to go out of a shopping centre and was embarrassed.
26& to me .I used to take the school bus to classes. The school decided that when the driver opened both the front and back doors,&&&& &&27& who were getting off the bus should get off first , and students who were getting on should get on &&28& . In south Korea, we do not need to wait for people to get off. One morning, I hurried to the bus ,and when the bus doors opened, I& 29& _tried to get on the school bus through the front door. All the students around looked at me, I was totally& 30&&&& ,and my face went red.
&&& B .important& &&&&&& C .practical&&&&& D .unusual
&&& B .embarrassing&&&& C .cultural&&&&& && D .amazing
&& B .entrances&& &&&& C .signs&&&&&&& && D .doors
&& B .leave&&&&&& &&&& C .open&&&&&&& && D .close W_w w.k*s*5 u.c@o m
& B .same&&&&&& &&&& C .front&&&&&&& && D .back
& B .hard&&&&&&& &&& C .satisfying&&& && D .strange
&& B .students&&&&& & C .teachers&&&& && D .drivers
& B .later&&&&&&& &&& C .faster&&&&& &&& D .earlier
&& B .patiently&&&& &&& C .unconsciously & D .slowly
B.annoyed&&&& &&&&&& C .unsatisfied&&& & D .excited W_w w.k*s*5 u.c@o m
The teacher replied,” You tasted the water. I tasted the gift. The water was simply the container for an act of kindness and love. Nothing could be ___39___ (sweet).”
We understand this lesson best ____40___ we receive gifts of love from children. Whether it is
in his 80s came to the hospital.& I heard him saying to the nurse that he was in a hurry for appointment
in the waiting area, 37 him it would be& at least 40 minutes& 38& someone would& be able to& see him .I saw him 39 his watch& and decided, since I was 40 buy-my patient& didn’t 41& at the appointed& hour ,I would examine his wound, While taking care& of his wound ,I asked him if he had another doctor’s appointment.
that she had a special disease, I asked if she would be 45 if he was a bit late. He replied that she 46 knew who he& was ,that she had not been able to 47 him for five years now. I was 48 and asked him,” And you 49 go every morning, even though she& doesn’t know who you are?”
know who she is” I had to hold back 50 as he left.
&&&&& &&&&&& B . test&& &&&&& &&&&&& C . seat&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . break
&&&&&&&& B. promising& &&&&&& C. understanding& &&&&&&& D. telling
&&&&& &&&&&& B . before &&&& &&&&&& C . since&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D . after
&&&& B. fixing &&&&&& &&&&&& C . looking at &&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . winding
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B . also&& &&&& &&&&&& C . seldom&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . not
up&&& &&&&& B. show off&&& &&&&&& C . come on & &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . go away
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B . forgot &&&&& &&&&&& C& . agreed&& &&&&& &&&&&& D . happened
&&&&&& B . wife& &&&&& &&&&&& C . mother&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . sister
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B . well&& &&&& &&&&&& C . around&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . there
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B . worried && &&&&&& C . doubtful & &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . hungry
&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . neither &&&& &&&&&& C . no longer&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . already
&&&&&& B. answer &&&& &&&&&& C . believe& && &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . expect
&& &&&&&& B . disappointed&&&&& C . surprised &&&&&&&&&&&&& D& .satisfied
&& &&&&&& B . then&&&&&& &&&& C . thus&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . still
&&& &&&&&& B . tears&&&&& &&&&& C . words&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . judgment
&& &&&&&& B . suggest&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C . hope&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . prove
&&&&&& B . expression &&&&& C . acceptance&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . exhibition
&&&&&& B . completely &&&&&& C . naturally& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . frequently
&&&&&& B . make&&& & &&&&&& C . favor&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& D . try
&&&&&& B . Beauty&& &&&&&& C . Trust&& &&&&&&&&& &&&&& D& .Life
for being the worst boy in this county and will probably start throwing rocks at you no ___38& than tomorrow morning.”
my head slightly upward,and looked me right in the eye.Then she looked at my father and replied,“You are ___40 &.This is not the worst boy at all, ___41&& the smartest one who hasn’t yet found an outlet
between us.No one had ever called me smart,My family and neighbors had built me up in my ___43&& as a bad boy . My stepmother changed all that.
my father to go to a dental school,from which he graduated with honors.She moved our family into the county srat,where my father’s career could be more ___45&& and my brother and I could be better___46&& .
and told me that she believed that I could become a writer.I knew her ernthusiasm,I___48
and began to write for local newspapers.I was doing the same kind of___50&& that great day I went to interview Andrew Carnegie and received the task which became my life’s work later.I wasn’t the ___51&& beneficiary (man in town.My brother and stepbrthers became a physician,a dentist,a lawyer,and a college president.
What power __53& has!When that power is released to support the certainty of one’s purpose and is ___54& strengthened by faith,it becomes an irresistible.
You can communicate that power to anyone who needs it.This is probably the greatest work you can do with your enthusiasm.
&&& B .sent&&&&& &&&&&& C .carried &&&& &&&&&& D .introduced
&&& B .favored&& &&&&&& C .mistaken && &&&&&& D .rewarded
&& B .later& &&&& &&&&&& C .longer&& && &&&&&& D .earlier
&& B .shook&&& & &&&&&& C .raised&& && &&&&&& D .bent
&& B .right&&&& & &&&&&& C .wrong&& & &&&&&& D .impolite
&& B .so&&&&&& & &&&&&& C .and&&&& && &&&&&& D .or
&& B .friendship&& &&&&&& C .gap&&&&& &&&&&& D .relationship
& B .image&& &&& &&&&&& C .espectation &&&&&& D .mind
&& B .persuaded&& &&&&&& C .ordered&& &&&&&& D .invited
&& B .meaningful& &&&& C.helpful&&& &&&&&& D .useful
&& B .entertained&& &&& C.educated& & &&&&&& D .respected
& B .radio&&& && &&&&&& C .bicycle&& & &&&&&& D .typewriter
&& B .suspected&& &&&&&& C .ignored&& &&&&&& D .appreciated
&& B .request& && &&&&&& C .criticism& &&&&&& D .description
&& B .writing& &&& &&&&&& C .studying& &&&&&& D .reading
&& B .same&&& && &&&&&& C .only&&&& & &&&&&& D .real
&&& B .wealthiest&& &&&&&& C .strongest & &&&&&& D .bealthiest
&&& B .sympathy&& &&&&&& C .fortune&& &&&&&& D .confidence
&&& B .happily& &&& &&&&&& C .traditionally&& & D.constantly
&&& B .match&& && &&&&&& C .reach&&& & &&&&&& D .doubt
I used to live selfishly, I should admit. But one moment changed me.
I was on my lunch break and had &26& the office to get something to eat . On the way, I 27a
35, and he smiled at me, I watched for a while. As 36 as it sounds, I expected something more to come from that moment―a feeling of 37 or satisfaction, for example. But nothing happened 38 , I walked off. “It proved to be a waste of 39 ,”I thought.
A. left&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . cleaned&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C . prepared&&&&&&& &&& D . searched&&
A. led&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . chose&&&&&&&& &&&&& C . saw&&&&&&&&&&& && D . fooled&&&&
A. chocolates &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . coins&&&&&&&&& &&&& C . tins&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D . drugs&&&&
A. almost&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . only&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C . rather&&&&&&&&&& & D . still&&&&
A. acted&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . looked&&&&&&&& &&&& C . sounded&&&&&&&& & D . smelt&&&&
A. Though&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B . For&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C . Therefor&&&&&&& && D . But&&&&&&
A. declared& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . realized&&&&&& &&&&&& C . expected&&&&&& &&&& D . guessed&&&
A. it&&&&&& & &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . all&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C . him&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D . them&&&&&
A. waited&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . followed&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C . stopped&&&&&&& &&&& D . arrived&&&&&
A. rag&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B . hat&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C . pocket&&&&&&&& &&&& D . counter&&&&&
A. selfish&& & &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . awkward&&&&& &&&&& C . innocent&&& &&& &&&&&& D . special&&&&&&&
A. happiness& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . sadness&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C . love&&&&&&& && &&&&&& D . hate&&&&&&&&&&&
A. Disappointedly&&&&&&&& B. Unfortunately&& &&&&&& C. Coincidentally& D. Comfortably&&&&&&&&
A. words&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& B . effort&&&&& &&&& &&&&&& C . space&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . money&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
A. moment& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . day&&&&&&&& & &&&&&& C . break&& &&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D . event&&&&&&&&&&&&& &
A. walking around &&&&& B. passing by&& &&& &&&&&& C . packing up&& &&&&&&&& D. running off&&&&&&&&&
A. around&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . in&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C . behind& && &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B . basic&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C . actual&&&&& &&& &&&&&& D . total&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B . for&&&&& &&&&&& C . on&&&&&&&& &&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D . with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&& &&&&&& B . time&&&& &&&&&& C . energy&&&&& && &&&&&&&&&&&&& D .change&&&&&&&&&&&
21 .& It can set up a warm conversation between two people far apart(with very little effort.
23 . &A few years ago my older brother and I were not getting 24& We had been close as 25 &but had grown apart. Our meetings were not 26 ; our conversation was filled with ar and every effort to clear the air seemed to only 27 &our misunderstanding. Then he 28 &a small island in the Caribbean and we 29 &touch .One day he wrote me a letter. He describeb his island and its people, told me what he was doing,said how he felt,and encouraged me to 30 &. Rereading the letter, I was 31 &by its humor(respected my order brother but 33 &he no longer had them.I had never known he could write so 34 &.And with that one letter we became friends 35.
to write me if he had not been in a place where there were no 37 &,For him, writing was a necessity, It also turned out to be the best way for us to get back in touch.Because we live in an age of 38 communication(that they don’t always have to phone or email. They have a 40 &. And that is to write.
&&&&&&&&& B.rewritten& &&&&&&&& C.returned &&& &&&&&& D .reread
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .promise&& &&&&&&& C.friendship&&& &&&&&& D .secret
B.a lesson&& &&&&&&&& C.an experience& & D.a talk
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .together& &&&&&&&& C.along&&& && &&&&&& D .away
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .children&& &&&&&&& C.fellows& &&& &&&&&& D .classmates
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .necessary&& &&&& C.pleasant&&&&&& &&&&&& D .possible
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .start&& &&&&& &&&&&& C .express&&&&& &&&&&& D .settle
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .stopped over &&& C.reached&&& &&&&&& D.moved to
&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B .kept in& &&& &&&&&& C .needed&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D .got in
&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B .write&& &&&& &&&&&& C .enjoy& &&&&& &&&&&& D .read
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .beaten &&&&& &&&&&& C .surprised&&& &&&&&& D .honored
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .seldom &&&& &&&&&& C .sometimes&& &&& D.once
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .judged &&&&& &&&&&& C .thought &&& &&&&&& D .expected
&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B .often&& &&&& &&&&&& C .much &&&&& &&&&&& D .soon
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .anyhow &&& &&&&&& C .too&&&& &&& &&&&&& D .again&
&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B .anyone else& &&& C.someone&&&& &&&&&& D .my& brother
B.transport&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C.phones &&&&& &&&&&& D .relatives
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .easy&&& &&& &&&&&& C .popular &&&& &&&&&& D .busy
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.decide&& &&& &&&&&& C .argue& &&&&& &&&&&& D . forget
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .choice& &&& &&&&&& C .method &&&& &&&&&& D . plan
that they don’t always have to phone or email. They have a choice &. And that is to write.”
31&&&& the seats, settled in one of them.
32&&& . Susan’s husband Mark watched her &&&33&& into hopelessness and he was &&&34&&& to use every possible means to help his wife.
35&&& to her job, but how would she get there? She used to take the bus, but she was now too &&&&36&&& to get around the city by herself. Mark&& 37&& to ride the bus with Susan each morning and evening &&&38&&& she could manage it by herself.
39&&& Susan to and from work each day. He taught her how to rely on her other&& 40&&& &, specifically her hearing, to determine where she was and how to adapt to her new &&&41&&&& .
42&&& . Monday morning arrived. Before she left, she hugged her husband &&43&& &, her eyes filled with tears of gratitude44&&& ways. Each day went perfectly, and a wild excitement &&&45&&& Susan. She was doing it!
46&&& . As she was getting off the bus, the driver said, “Miss, I sure&& 47&& you.” Curious, Susan asked the driver&& 48&&&& .
Tears of happiness poured down Susan’s cheeks. She was so lucky for he had given her a gift more powerful than_50_,That is the gift of love that can bring light where there is darkness.
&&&&& B .grab&&&& & &&&&&& C .count&&&&&&& & D .feel
&&&&&& B . sickness& &&&&&& C .darkness&&&& && D .sadness
&&&&&& B .sink&&&&& &&&&&& C .jump&&&&&&& && D .step
&&&&&& B .determined& &&&&&& C .honored&&&&& & D .pleased
&&&&&& B .adjust&&&& &&&&&& C .contribute&&& && D .stick
&&&&&& &&&&&& B .astonished &&&&&& C .depressed&&& && D .frightened
&&&&&& B .attempted& &&&&&& C .continued&&& && D .struggled
&&&&&& &&&&&& B .as&&&&&&& &&&&&& C .until&&&&&&& &&& D .after
&&&&&& &&&&&& B .direted&&& &&&&&& C .accompanied &&& D .sent
&&&&&& B .organs&&& &&&&&& C .skills&&&&&&& && D .senses
&&&&&& B .environment&&& C.status&&&&&& &&& D .role
&&&&&& B .in person&& &&&&& C .to her benefit && D .on foot
& &&&&&& B .calmly&&&& &&&&& C .briefly&&&&& &&& D .tightly
& &&&&&& B .separate&&& &&&&& C .fixed&&&&&&& && D .lonely
&&&& B .took place of
C.took advantage of&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& D .took hold of
&&&&&&&& B .as a rule
C.as well&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D .as a consequence
&&&&&& &&&&&& B .evry&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C .know&&& & &&&&&& D .support
&&&&& &&&&&& B .how&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C . why&&&& &&&&&& D .who
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .same&&&&&&&& C .first&&&& & &&&&&& D .next
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B .will&&&&&&&&& & C .sight&&& && &&&&&& D .wisdom
32.C&& 33.B&& 34. B& 35.A&& 36.D&& 37.A&& 38.C&& 39.C&& 40.D
42.A&& 43.D&& 44.B&& 45.D&& 46.A&& 47.B&& 48.C&& 49.A&& 50.C
As I found out, there is __46_ often no perfect equivalence(
53&& &number of words, around 2, 000, in its definitions. When I read these definitions, I am &&&54&& &exposed to55&& this, I can express myself more easily in English.
&& B &&&&&& C & D
&& B && C && D
&&&&&&& B & C & D
&& B C &&& D
&& B &&&&&& C &&& D
&& B & C && D
&& B & C & D
& B C && D
&&& B C & D
&& B C & D
& B &&&&&& C & D
& B C &&& D
& B &&&&&& C & D
& B &&&&&& C &&& D
I met Mrs. Neidl in the ninth grade on a stage-design team for a play and she was one of the directors. Almost instantly I loved her. She had an Unpleasant voice and a direct way of speaking, &&36& &she was encouraging and inspiring. For some reason, she was impressed with my work and me.
Mrs. Neidl would ask me for my& &37 &. She wanted to know how I thought we should&& 38&& things. At first I had no idea how to answer because I knew &&39& &about stage design! But I slowly began to respond to her &&40 &. It was cause and effect: She believed I had opinions, so I began to& &41& &them. She trusted me to complete things, so I completed them perfectly. She loved how &&42& &I was, so I began to show up to paint more and more. She believed in me, so I began to believe in myself.
Mrs. Neidl's& &43& &that year was, "Try it. We can always paint over it &&44 &!"I began to take &&45 &. I had been so afraid of failing but suddenly there was no failing--only things to be&& 46&& upon. I learned to dip my brush into the paint and &&47& &create something.
The shy, quiet freshman achieved success that year. I was &&48 &&in the program
49& &I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing stage design. /gaokao/beijing
&&& B eing on that stage-design team& &50 &&Mrs. Neidl changed me completely. Not only was I stronger and more competent than I had thought, but I also &&51& &a strong interest and a world I hadn't known existed. She taught me not to &&52& &what people think I should do: She taught me to take chances and not be& &53 &. Mrs. Neidl was my comforter when I was upset. Her& &54& &in me has inspired me to do things that I never imagined &&55 &. /gaokao/beijing
&& &&&&&& B . yet&&&&&& &&&&&& C . so&&&&&&& &&&&& D . for
&&&& &&&&&& B . impression &&&&&& C . information&&&&&& D . intention
&&& &&&&&& B . keep&&&&& &&&&& C . handle&&& &&&&&& D . change /gaokao/beijing
&& &&&&&& B . something &&&&&& C . everything &&&&& D . nothing
&&&&&& B . comments &&&&&& C . explanations&&& D. remarks
&&& &&&&&& B . follow&&& &&&&&& C . evaluate&& &&&&& D . form
&& &&&&&& B . lively&&&& &&&&&& C . reliable&& &&&&&& D . punctual
&& &&&&&& B . motto&&&& &&&&& C . saying&&& &&&&&& D . suggestion
&&& &&&&&& B . more&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C . instead&&& &&&&& D . later
&& &&&&&& B . control&&& &&&&& C . charge&&& &&&&& D . risks[
&&&&&& B . acted&&&& &&&&&& C . looked&&& &&&&&& D . reflected /gaokao/beijing
&&& &&&&&& B . carefully& &&&&&& &&&&&& C . confidently&&&&&& &&&&&& D . proudly
&&&&&& B . recognized &&&&&& C . identified &&&&&& D . considered
&&&&&& B . decided&& &&&&&& C . realized&& &&&&&& D . acknowledged
&&& &&&&&& B . below&&& &&&&&& C . of&&&&&&& &&&&& D . by
&&&&&& B . discovered &&&&&& C . took&&&&& &&&&& D . fostered
&&& &&&&&& B . care&&&&& &&&&&& C . judge&&&& &&&&&& D . wonder
&&& &&&&&& B . lazy&&&&& &&&&&& C . sad&&&&&& &&&&& D . afraid
&& &&&&&& B . patience& &&&&&&& C . curiosity & &&&&&& D o interest
&&&&&& B . enjoyable &&&&&&& C . possible&& &&&&& D. favorable
Please allow me to tell you something before you read this book. When my &&36 , Sam, was born, my heart was filled with joy. I had been sitting in a wheelchair for 20 years before then, and I have been &37& ill many times. So I wondered if I would have the &38& to tell Sam what I had &39& .
For years I have been hosting a program on the &40& and writing articles for a magazine.& Being &41 to move freely, I have learned to sit still and keep my heart &42 , exchanging thoughts with thousands of listeners and &43& . So when Sam was born, I &44& to tell him about school and friendship, romance and work, love and everything else. That’s how I started to write these &45 . I hope that Sam would &46& them sooner or later.
However, that expectation &47& when Sam showed signs of autism (48& to communicate with others, even the family members. That was &49& for me but didn’t stop me writing on. I realized that I had even &&50& now to tell him. I wanted him to &51& what it means to be “different” from others, and learn how to fight against the misfortune he’ll &52& as I myself, his grandfather, did. I just &53& if I could write all that I wanted to say in the rest of my life.
Now, &&54& the book has been published, I have been given the chance. Every chapter in the book is a letter to Sam: some about my life, and all about what it means to be a &&55& .
&&&& D aniel Gottlieb
B. nephew&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. brother&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. grandson
B. mentally&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. slightly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. quietly
B. time&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. courage&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. responsibility
B. suffered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. observed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. lost
B. television&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. stage&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. bed
B. unable&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. anxious&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. eager
B. broken&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. closed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. open
B. visitors&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. readers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. reporters
B. stopped&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. forgot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. decided
B. emails&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. books&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. diaries
B. read&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. collect&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. keep
B. disappeared&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. changed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. arrived
B. refused&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. regretted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. hoped
B. acceptable&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. strange&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. heartbreaking
B. everything&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. more&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. nothing
B. explain&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. believe&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. question
B. face&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. know&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. cause
B. guessed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. saw&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. doubted
B. once&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. though&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. if
B. child&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. man&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. writer
I will never forget the year I was about twelve years old. My mother told us that we would not be _21_ Christmas gifts because there was not enough money. I felt sad and thought, “What would I say when the other kids asked what I’d &22 &?” Just when I started to &23 &that there would not be a Christmas that year, three women &24 &at our house with gifts for all of us. For me they brought a doll. I felt such a sense of &25 &that I would no longer have to be embarrassed when I returned to school. I wasn’t &26 &. Somebody had thought &27 &of me to bring me a gift.&
Years later, when I stood in the kitchen of my new house, thinking how I wanted to make my &28 &Christmas there special and memorable, I &29 &remembered the women’s visit. I decided that I wanted to create that same feeling of &30 &for as many children as I could possibly reach.
So I &31 &a plan and gathered forty people from my company to help. We gathered about 125 orphans (32 &with a child’s name. We wanted all of them to know they were &33& . Before I called out their names and handed them their gifts, I&& 34 &them that they couldn’t open their presents &35 &every child had come forward. Finally the &36 &they had been waiting for came as I called out, “One, two, three. Open your presents!” As the children opened their packages, their faces beamed and their bright smiles& 37 &up the room. The& 38 &in the room was obvious, and &39 &wasn’t just about toys. It was a feeling Cthe feeling I knew &40 &that Christmas so long ago when the women came to visit. I wasn’t forgotten. Somebody thought of me. I matter.&
21.& A. sending&& & B . receiving&& &&&& C . making &&& D . exchanging
22.& A. found&&&& B . prepared&& &&&&& C . got&&&& && D . expected
A. doubt&&&& B . hope&&&&&& &&& C . suggest && D . accept
A. broke in&&&&&&& .B. settled down&&& C . turned up& D . showed off
A. relief&&&&& &&&&&& B . loss &&&&&&&&&& C . achievement&& D. justice
A. blamed&&&& &&&&& B . loved&&&&& &&&& C . forgotten&& D . affected&&&
A. highly&&&&& &&&&& B . little&&&&&& &&&& C . poorly& && D . enough
A. present&&&& &&&&& B . first&&&&&&& && C . recent&& & D . previous
A. hardly&&&&& &&&& B . instantly&&& &&& C . regularly & D . occasionally
A. strength&&&& &&& B . independence&&& C . importance&&& D. safety
A. kept up with &&&& B . caught up with& C . came up with& D. put up with
A. none&&&&&& &&&&& B . few&&&&&&&& & C . some&&& D . each