cell reports 好投吗network是3G吗?

Manufacturers
Phone tools
Manufacturers
Tablet tools
Verizon 3G Network Extender Review
Even though Verizon’s slogan is “It’s the network” and ‘Rule the air”, sometimes that can be challenging when you live in a rural area and in a house that just doesn’t get good reception from your local cell tower. That’s when the Verizon 3G Network Extender (Samsung SCS-2U01) comes into play, which is an updated version of the original
than came out in 2009. The main difference between these two Femtocell units is that the newer 3G version is EVDO Rev A capable, allowing for faster data speeds, while the original model was limited to using the slower 1x for data. The Verizon 3G Network Extender currently sells for $249.99 and there is no extra monthly fee, but it does use your standard wireless plan minutes and data charges (if applicable).The Verizon 3G Network extender is pretty simple to set-up, as it can connect directly to a router or cable modem with the included Ethernet cable, and has an AC/DC power connecter that plugs into a wall outlet. After it’s connected to your home broadband network, it takes about 10 minutes for it to fully register and become operational, as all four LEDs become solid blue (PWR, SYS, GPS, WAN). The bottom WAN light will slowly flash blue to show that it’s connected to your home internet, and will flash faster during a call or when data is used. Just like the previous model, there is a built-in GPS receiver that limits its use to only the U.S. and also provides your location to E911. The manual recommends placing the 3G Network Extender near a window so that it can lock on the GPS signal, but in those instances where the GPS light stays red and cannot find a signal, there is a 23-foot extension cable that will allow you to remove the GPS module and place it closer to a window. In our testing however, we did not need to use the extension cable, as it was placed only a few feet from a window and was able to lock onto the GPS signal without issue.The manual states that to initially connect your Verizon phone to the 3G Network Extender, it is recommended to be within 15 feet of the device, though we were able to connect up to 50 feet away. We also like the fact that up to 6 Verizon phones can be connected to the 3G Network Extender at one time (with a 7th channel left open for 911 emergency calls), which is a nice improvement over the earlier model that only allowed 3 phones to be connected at once. There is also the ability to program the 3G Network Extender through your online My Verizon account, which will allow you to enter up to 50 phone numbers to use the device, which is handy to keep your neighbors from inadvertently using it. You can verify that you’re connected the 3G Network Extender by dialing #48 on your phone and listen for the recording, but there is also a double-beep that is heard in the phone’s earpiece when placing calls through the device.We tested the Verizon 3G Network Extender with our
phones. When powered on, both phones showed solid 4 bars when connected to the 3G Network Extender, as they usually only show 2-3 bars when using the local cell tower. We had no problem staying connected to the 3G Network Extender in our 2-floor house (1500 sq ft) and even outside around the parameter, about 55 ft away. Call quality was excellent and voices sounded clear and natural on both ends, as we could tell there was a slight voice improvement using it instead of the local cell tower. If you place a call while using the 3G Network Extender and then move too far out of its range, the call will automatically transfer to a local tower (if there is one available). However, if you place a call while you’re away and then come back into range of the 3G Network Extender, the call will not transfer to it.For data usage, we used our Motorola DROID X and performed tests using the
site. When the DROID X was connected to Verizon’s local cell tower using EVDO Rev A, it got 1.58 Mbps download, 0.53 Mbps upload, and had a ping time of 163 ms. Then we used the 3G Network Extender with the DROID X and got 1.59 Mbps download, which is not much faster than using the local tower, but the upload times were noticeably slower at 0.05 Mbps and ping times were also worse at 264 ms. Because of this, we did a few other tests at different times using the 3G Network Extender, and all averaged between 1-1.8 Mbps download, and uploads between 0.04-0.25 Mbps, while ping times remained about 250 ms. Lastly, we did the same speed tests with the DROID X while connected to our home Wi-Fi connection and were able to get 10.73 Mbps download, 2.66 Mbps upload, and a ping time of 47 ms. Based on these results, it appears that the Verizon 3G Network Extender is averaging the same EVDO Rev A download data speeds as our local cell tower, but uploads and ping times are not as fast. Still, this is an improvement over the previous Network Extender, as it lacked EVDO and was much slower since it only relied on 1x for data. But for smartphone users, it’s still best to use Wi-Fi whenever possible.The 3G Network Extender claims a 5000 sq ft operating rage, but when factoring in walls and other structures, we found the real world rage to be closer to 3000 sq ft. Also, since the 3G Network Extender is much closer to your phone than a traditional cell tower, the phone uses less power to receive and transmit, thus providing increased battery times. When going into the Service Menu on our LG Clout, it showed a signal of -60 dBmv when connected to the 3G Network Extender, and the Motorola DROID X showed -58 dBmv. But when both phones are using the local cell tower, the s averaging about -89 dBmv (closer to 0 is better).After using the Verizon 3G Network Extender for over a week with our two phones, we are pleased with the results, as call quality is somewhat improved with voices sounding better on both ends. It also provides EVDO Rev A for data, which is a noticeable improvement of the previous model for download speeds, though the upload speed and ping times still aren’t that great. If you live in an area that has poor cell tower coverage, we would highly recommend the Verizon 3G Network Extender for use in your home or office. But if you live in an area with pretty good coverage, the small improvement you’ll hear in the call quality may not be worth the price.
Easy to connect and setup
Up to 6 phones can connect to it at once
Excellent voice quality
EVDO Rev A data supported
Data uploads and ping times were slower than using the local tower
PhoneArena rating:
User rating:
9 Comments
Show comments:
hide low rated
show moderated comments
Display mode:
Chronological
Newest first
Now, can they upgrade the software in my Extender that I just bought a few months ago?
There's a CAT5 port on the back for something other than the internet connection!!
I'd hate to spend ANOTHER $250!!!
I sorta doubt it.
The ethernet port it to supply voice and data from your phone to Verizon.
That would be like saying I can make a basic phone go from 2G to 3G with a software upgrade.
If the hardware isn't able to support 3G then you're going to be stuck with 2G no matter what.
Check with your local Verizon store or call *611 from your phone to get more info on that.
Wow look at those speed tests!
That's not very fast.
I'm glad Verizon released these but this should be evidence that Verizon isn't perfect everywhere.
I had to use a Network Extender once and I live in a big city.
While I like Verizon and the fact they release products like this, stuff like this should be humbling to the fact that you shouldn't swear on Verizon to work anywhere.
No carrier is perfect.
If you're using an extender, then you're also using DLS/Cable connection.
If you're using
one of those, why are you not also using WiFi which is rated better than 4G?
Data speeds are a non issue IMO, since you can get around that problem easily.
Getting a call through in an area where you only get 1-2 bars and frequently having dropped calls is the bigger issue, and this seems to be the fix.
The problem is the price, but it's buy to own... cest la vie
I purchased this device from VzW a few weeks ago and spent several days trying to get it positioned in my home near enough to a window to receive (and RETAIN) a GPS signal.
I even bought a Westel wireless bridge so I wasn't tied down to an Ethernet jack in my house.
After all of the stars in the sky finally aligned and the correct location locked into the GPS satellite long-term, i began making test calls.
When phones actually registered to the NE, the solution worked beautifully during the calls and even transferred to the nearest tower when i left my home on a call.
The main problem that I had were that our phones (which usually sit within 10-15 feet of the NE) didn't stay connected to the device long-term.
As soon as calls connected through the NE would hang up, our phones (Blackberry Curve and Vz iPhone) would almost immediately go searching for signals and then home to an external tower with little to no coverage.
In the 2 weeks that we tested the NE, i could NOT get an inbound call to connect to the phone while it was on the NE.
Needless to say, the inconsistency of the phones' connection to the NE made it almost worthless and I just sent the device back for a refund today.
Very disappointing, as I was really hoping for a long term solution that would have allowed me to dump my Time Warner home phone and potentially broadband - as 4G works fantastic in my home as well.
Now that Vz has 4G & I now own the Vz Thunderbolt, when will Vz come out with a 4G network extender. Cell coverage at my home is the pitts. I usually have "0" yep "ZERO" bars, on a good day I may have 1 or maybe even 2. I drop calls constantly. "Can you hear me now?" People I speak to .. can't hear me so I'm constantly asking CYHMN?
Switch over to Sprint. They will give you their network extender (Airrave) for free.
Yeah, but they'll charge you monthly for use.
Recieved this unit today.
Purchased in refurbished form from an Ebay seller.
Once setup and linked, my cell immediately had a FULL 5 bar signal!!!!
My cell service is a bare minimum inbetween some small mountains, but now it 100% perfect.
Even outside the home, up to about 100', I still get a solid 3 bars of service.
Simply the best $127.00 ever spent on anything cellular.
I could never make a call, or receive a call without the call droppping within seconds.
Even texts would not go through, and had to be resent over and over.
NOT ANYMORE!!!
Thank you Samsung!!!!!
If your Verizon service is slim to none, or in/out of service, this unit will allow you to enjoy using your cellular service at home without any issues.
Want to comment? Please
Latest stories
Interesting stories
The PhoneArena 2015 census: What brand phone are you using right now?
Massive Snapdragon 820 leak outlines improvements
11 things we think we know about the Galaxy Note 5
Awesome renders and 3D model of the Note 5 shown in images, video
Best Japanese Android smartphones of 2015
Is Motorola making the best Android phones these days?
Smartphones are catching up with $2,000 cameras in terms of video recording
Moto X Style vs Moto X Play vs Moto G 2015: specs comparison
PhoneArena network:
CDN services by:
Affiliates: , ,
All content (phone reviews, news, specs, info), design and layouts are Copyright 2001-. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part or in any form or medium without written permission is prohibited!LTE_load_params matlab lte network eter set
4g lte femtocell 网络参数设置 3G develop 3G开发 238万源代码下载-
&文件名称: LTE_load_params
& & & & &&]
&&所属分类:
&&开发工具: matlab
&&文件大小: 1 KB
&&上传时间:
&&下载次数: 61
&&提 供 者:
&详细说明:matlab lte network parameter set
4g lte femtocell 网络参数设置-matlab
lte network parameter set
4g lte femtocell 网络参数设置
文件列表(点击判断是否您需要的文件,如果是垃圾请在下面评价投诉):
&&LTE_load_params.m
&[]:很好,推荐下载
&近期下载过的用户:
&&&&&&&&[]
&相关搜索:
&输入关键字,在本站238万海量源码库中尽情搜索:
&[] - 3G Evolution Lab C LTE Library Toolbox v3.0 is a comprehensive physical layer
simulation Toolbox for Release 8 of the 3GPP Evolved Universal Terrestr
&[] - 一种提高室内覆盖 的 解决方案 就 是所谓的 FAPs ( femtocell 接入点 ) 或家庭
基站 。 这些都是 为 室内使用 而设计的 低功耗 基站 , 这就 使蜂窝网络运营商 可以 扩大室内覆盖的 范围,比如一些受限或 不可用 的地方 。
&[] - Master thesis on 4G networks
&[] - A Study of Access Methods Effect on the Performance of Two-Tier LTE femtocell Networks
&[] - 很好的描述了femtocell异构网络中干扰,以及采用什么方法来消除这种干扰
&[] - LTE分小区模型
并且计算各个用户和基站之间的距离
&[] - Seamless handover across Heterogeneous Networks - An IEEE 802.21 Centric Approach.
&[] - LTE-A异构网络下relay微站干扰管理
&[] - femtocell vs macrocell.rar
&[] - femto是目前解决中心基站服务量大、性能低的一个热点方式,该方式可以提供弱信号地方好的通信质量,本代码就同频防干扰做出设计,希望对读者有用Come sara’ il nuovo catasto? Risponde Confedilizia Corrado Sforza Fogliani: …
07/03/2013 – Ritorniamo sull'argomento relativo alle possibili competenze dei geometri …
Corrado Sforza Fogliani: attribuira’, anzitutto, a ogni unita’ immobiliare un …
Nella pratica professionale, e quindi anche per incarichi di direzione …
Poll Users
based on 0 customer reviews
(C) 2012 · Studio Tecnico AZ - All Rights Reserved - Realizzazione siti web napoli goingWeb

我要回帖

更多关于 iphone5支持移动3g吗 的文章

随机推荐