because of the nightofthebadweathet的意思

-________ the weathe
-________ the weather report,there's a heavy rain this evening.-Thank you.I'll bring an umbrella.
A.According to
B.According as C.Due to
D.Because of
_百度作业帮
-________ the weathe
-________ the weather report,there's a heavy rain this evening.-Thank you.I'll bring an umbrella.
A.According to
B.According as C.Due to
D.Because of
-________ the weathe
A.According to&& B.According as C.Due to&& D.Because of2013年八年级英语上册第1-5单元基础知识复习试题
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2013年八年级英语上册第1-5单元基础知识复习试题
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
2013年八年级英语上册第1-5单元基础知识复习试题
本资料为WORD文档,请点击下载地址下载
文 章来源莲山课件 w ww.5 y kj.Co m &&&&&&&&&&&&&& 八上英语1-5单元复习练习(精)&Unit1 where did you go on vacation?(&& ) 1. ―Where would you like to spend your vacation?&&&&&& &&&& ―I’d like to go ________. I hate hot days A. cool somewhere&&&&&&&&&& B. somewhere cool&&&&& C. hot somewhere&&&&&&& D. somewhere hot (&& ) 2. There is ________ in today’s newspaper. Let’s read a storybook. A. something interesting&&&&&&&& B. nothing interesting& C. interesting something&&&&&&&&&&& D. interesting nothing (&& ) 3. ―Have you got ________ ready for the sports meeting?&&&&&& &&&&& ―Not yet. We still have ________ to do. A. nothing&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. everything&&&& C. something&&&&&&&&&& D. nothing (&& ) 4. ―Did you go fishing with ________ yesterday?&&&&&&&& &&&& ―Yes, I went with my father.& A. someone&&&&&& B. anyone&&&&& C. no one&&&&&& D. everyone (&& ) 5. There is ________ with my computer. Can you help me mend it? A. nothing wrong&&&&& B. anything wrong&&& C. something wrong&& D. wrong something (&& ) 6. ―Did you see my Chinese book? &&&&&& ―Yes. ________ took it away. But I don’t know him. A. Someone&&&&&& B. Anyone&&&&&&& C. No one&&&&&&& D. Everyone& (&& ) 7. ―I’d like ________ bananas and pears.&&&&& &&&&& ―Oh, I only need ________ orange juice. A. a few&&&& B. a little&&& C. a few&&& D. a few (&& ) 8. I have quite ________ friends. I feel very happy. A. few&&&&&&&&&&& B. a few&&&&&& C. little&&&&&&& D. a little (&& ) 9. ―________ did you go on vacation?&&&&&&&& ―Hong Kong. A. What&&&&&&& B. How&&&&&& C. Where&&&&&& D. When& (&& ) 10. I ________ my homework last night. I went to the cinema with my parents. A. did&&&&&&&&& B. didn’t&&&&&&&& C. didn’t do&&&&&&& D. don’t do(&& ) 11. ―________ Tom and Jim ________ a walk yesterday evening?&&&&&&&& &&& ―No, they ________. A. Do; doesn’t&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. D didn’t&& C. D did&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Do; don’t (&& ) 12. ―How was your vacation? &&&&&&& ―________. I liked it very much.& A. Very bad&&&&&&&&& B. Wonderful&&&&& C. I’m fine&&&&&&&& D. Have a good time (&& ) 13. ―The coat looks good on you. Where ________ you ________ it?&&&&&&&&& ―In a supermarket. A. buy&&&&&& B. buy&&&&& C. buy&&&&&& D. buy (&& ) 14. ―Who teaches ________ singing?&&&&&&& ―Nobody, I learn it by ________. A. mine&&&&&&&&& B. myself&&& C. myself&&& D. me (&& ) 15. The book is ________. I feel ________. A. boring&&&&& B. boring&&& C. bored&& D. bored (&& ) 16. ―Steven, can you help me buy some meat?&&&&&&&&& ―________. I like shopping. A. That’s right&&&&&&&&&&&& B. It’s right&&&&&&& C. Of course&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. You’re welcome (&& ) 17. Tom, your father is waiting ________ you at the school gate.& A. for&&&&&&&&& B. at&&&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&& D. as& (&& ) 18. My parents decide ________ to the beach this week.& A. go&&&&&&&&& B. goes&&&&&& C. to go&&&&& D. going& (&& ) 19. We have to stay at home ________ the heavy rain.&& A. because&&&&&& B. because of&&&&&& C. but&&&&&&& D. so& ( ) 20. We don’t have ________ to buy this sweater, though (虽然) the sweater is ________.& A. enough money, good enough&&&& B. enough money, enough good& C. money enough, well enough&&&& D. enough money, well enough& (&& ) 21. Ann likes going to school by bike but dislikes ________ to school on foot.&&& A. to go&&&&&&&& B. go&&&&&&& C. going&&&&&&& D. goes& (&& ) 22. The cookies ________ good. Can I have some more?& A. taste&&&&& B. smell&&& C. feel&&&& D. sound &Unit2 How often do you exercise?(& ) 1.―_________ do you exercise?&& ―Hardly ever.&&&& A. How many times&&& B. How often&&&&& C. When&&&&&& D. How (& ) 2. Jane&&&&& stay up late because she didn’t finished his homework.&& A. had to&&&&&& B. must&&&&& C. should&&&&& D. must to (& ) 3. Tom studies _______.&& He _______plays with his friends.& A. hard&&& B. hardly&&& C. H hardly&& D. hard& (& ) 4. Jane is&&&&&&&&& high school student in the United States. A. a 18-year-old&&&& B. a 18-years-old&&&&& C. an 18-years-old&&& D. an 18-year-old (& ) 5. _____ it was very cold, _____ my friend still went swimming in Jialing River this morning.& A. A but&&& B. A /&& C. B although&& D. /; although (& ) 6. ―How often do you drink milk? ―I don’t like it, so I _____drink it.&& A. always&& B. usually&&&& C. hardly ever&&&& D. often& ( ) 7.“85%of the students in our class like English.”means “ _____students in our class like English.”& A. All&&&&& B. Most&&&&& C. Few&&&&& D. No& (& ) 8 ―Does Antony always finish his homework on time? ―Yes, of course. He_____ leaves today’s work until tomorrow.&&& A. also&&&& B. never&&& C. only&& D. usually& (& ) 9 ― _______& do you use the Internet a week?&&&& ―Twice. A. How often&& B. How soon&& C. How long&& D. How many times (& ) 10. ―How often does the train run to Jinan ? ―_____twenty minutes.&& A. Any&&&&&&& B. Each&&&&&& C. Every&&&&&& D. Another& (& ) 11. It’s too dark in the room. He can hardly see anything,______?&& A. can he&&&&& B. does he&&&& C. can’t he&&&&& D. doesn’t he (& ) 12. It was _________ lovely weather _______ we decided to spend the day on the beach.& A. that&& B. that&& C. as&& D. that& (& ) 13. There are a few ____but little _____in the cupboard.& A. coffee&& B. apples&& C. coffees&&& D. coffee (& ) 14. My dad ________ a teacher when I grow up .&&& A. wants me to&&& B. wants me to be&&& C. wants me&&&& D. wanted (& ) 15. I left my keys in the room yesterday. I had to get in______ the window.&& A. In&&&&&&&&&& B. through&&&&&&&& C. over&&&&& D. across& (& ) 16. Mr. Li asks the students _____in the river, because it’s too dangerous.&& A. swim&&&&&&& B. to swim&&&&&& C. not to swim&&&& D. to not swim& (& ) 17. If you have a toothache(牙痛),you can go to see a _____ .&& A. doctor&&&&&&& B. dentist&&&&&& C. teacher&&&&&& D. policeman& (& ) 18. Reading aloud is the best way&&& English.&& A. to learn&&&&&& B. learning&&&&& C. to learn&&&&&& D. learns (& ) 19. ―I can’t find my CDs.&& ―_______you put them in that bag.& A. Must&&&&&&&& B. May be&&&&&& C. Maybe&&&&&& D. May& (& ) 20. Peter is my best friend. He often helps&&& science.& A. me with&&&&& B. my with&&&&&& C. me on&&&&&&& D. me of (& ) 21. ―What about_______ a rest?&& ―OK! Let’s go for a walk.& A. to have&&&&& B. had&&&&&&&&& C. have&&&&&&&& D. having& (& ) 22.―How many books in the bag are yours?&& ―________ of them is mine. A. No one&&&&& B. None&&&&&&&& C. Not one&&&&& D. None& ( ) 23. ―____do you watch TV every week? ―Less than two hours. I often have much homework to do.& A. How many&&& B. How much&&&& C. How long&&& D. How often& (& ) 24. What do you usually do&&&&&& weekends?&&&&& A. on&&&&&&& B. of&&&&&&&&& C. in&&&&&&&&& D. with (& ) 25. Did you find the answer______the question about _______TV very interesting? A. to, watching&&&& B. of, watching&&& C. to, watched&&&& D. of, watched Unit3& I’m more outgoing than my sister.1.Is your eating habit _________ Lily’s?& A. The same B. same as C, same to D. the same as& 2.The boy doesn’t speak _________ his sister, but his handwriting is very good.& A. as well as B. so good as C. More better than D. more worse than& 3.It’s difficult for me to decide which one to choose, because ______of them are good. A. neither B. both C. So D. or& 4一What about the silk scarf? 一Wonderful! Nothing feels _________. A.nice B. better C. Best D. worse& 5.A train can run _________ a bus.&& A, so quickly that B. quickly than C. As quickly D. more quickly than& 6一Let’s buy some cards for our teachers on Teachers’ Day. & ----Why not make some by hand? It’s much _________ . A. interesting B. more interesting C. The most interesting D. less interesting& 7. The weather in Beijing is colder than _________ in Shanghai.&& A. it B. that C. those D. this& 8一Both of the skirts are in style. 一But I think this one is _________ . A, popular B, much popular C. more popular D. the most popular& 9.The blue skirt is _________ than the white one.&& A. dear B. much expensive C. expensive D. much more expensive& 10.Sometimes walking is even _______than driving during the busy traffic time.& A. fast B. faster C. Slow D. slower& 11. (2012,浙江宁波)&---Have you seen the funny movie Let the Bullet Fly? &一Yes,it made me ____ many times.& A. laugh&& B. cry&& C. Sleep& D. sing& 12. It’s important _________ us _________ _English well.& A. learning B. to learn C. Of; to learn .&& D. learning&&& 13. (2012,湖北孝感)-Let’s go shopping at the new mall. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 一Why not shop online? It’s ____.& A. expensive B. more expensive C. Less expensive D. the most expensive& 14.(2012,甘肃白银)Now, some robots are ____________ to do the same things ______ people. A.as B.for C, Mas D:with& 15.( 江苏无锡) ________Amy likes to go to the cinema,but she doesn’t like to see horror films.& A.& Since&&&&&& B.&& As& C.& Though& D. 不填& 16. (2012,湖北襄阳)-Helen, can I wear jeans and a T- shirt to the school talent show?& ---OK,but a dress might be _________.& A.good B. bad C. better D. worse& 17.(热点题)The water in the lakes and rivers in Yunnan became _______ because of the dry weather. &A. fewer and fewer& B. more and more& C. less and less& D. little and little& 18(热点题)Li Na _________ a gold medal again in Shenzhen ____ January 5th,2013.& A.in B. in C. W on D.on 19.There are more students in Grade Two than _______ . A. grade one B. other grade C. in Grade One D. others grade& 20. The Internet makes the world become________.& A. bigger and bigger B. more and more C. smaller and smaller D, more and more beautiful&
Unit4& What’s the best movie theater? &(& ) 1. Which movie theater has _____ screens, Tom Cinema, Screen Cinema or Movie Palace?& A. the bigger&&& B. big&&&& C. the biggest&&& D. biggest& (&& ) 2. ―What a nice watch it is!&& ―Yes. It’s _______ one of all.&&& A. expensive&&&&&&&&&&& B. more expensive&&&& C. the most expensive&&&&&&&&& D. much more expensive ( (& ) 3. Who do you think is&&&&&&&&&&&& actor in Hollywood?& A. the funny&&&& B. the funniest&&& C. the most funniest&&& D. more funnier &(& ) 4. China is one of ______in the world. A. larger country&&& B. larger countries&& C. the largest countries&&& D. largest country&(& ) 5. The& ______girl sings _______. A. beautiful, beautiful&&&&&&&&&& B. beautifully, beautifully&&&&& C. beautiful, beautifully&&&&&&&& D. beautifully, beautiful (& ) 6. What do you _______this new watch?&&& A. think at&&&&&&& B. think of&&&&& C. think over&&&& D. think hard&(& ) 7. We hope life can get _______ .&& A. best and best&&&&&& B. better and better C. good and good&&&& D. well and well (& ) 8. Our city is becoming _______ . A. more and most beautiful&&&&&&& B. more beautiful and more beautiful&& C. more and more beautiful&&&&&&& D. beautiful and beautiful& (& ) 9. All these talent shows have one thing _______common.&&& A. on&&&&&&& B. in&&&&&& C. at&&&&&&& D. for& (& ) 10. Our teacher asked us to ______a story about the moon.&& A. make up&&&&& B. make of&&&& C. make in&&&&& D. make out& (& ) 11. It’s fun& _______the talent show.&&&& A. watch&&&&&& B. to watch&&&& C. watched&&&&& D. watches (& ) 12. There are _______school things in the store.& A. a kind of&&&&& B. kind of&&&&& C. different kind of&&&& D. all kinds of& (& ) 13. Do you enjoy ________English stories?&&&& A. read&&&&&&& B. to read&&&&& C. reading&&&&&& D. reads& (& ) 14. The students should take the exams&&&&&&&&&&& . A. serious&&&&& B. seriously&&&& C. bad&&&&&& D. worse&& (& ) 15. Parents play a role in ________ their children.&&&& A. teach&&&&&&& B. teaches&&&&& C. to teach&&&&&& D. teaching& (& ) 16. We should study hard to make our dream________. A. come over&&&&&& B. come back&&&&&&& C. come true&&&&& D. come up (& ) 17. It took me two weeks& ________ the novels (小说) by Guo Jingming.& A. finish reading&&& B. to finish reading& C. to finish to read&&& D. finishing to read& (& ) 18. Actions speak________ than words.& (事实胜于雄辩)A. loud&&&&& B. louder&&& C. loudest&&&& D. loudly& Unit5& Do you want to watch a game show?1. What _________exciting news! We are all very excited about it.&& A. a&&&& B. an&&& C. the&&& D. / 2. If you plan ________a movie, choose Mulan.&& A. watch&&& B. to watch&&& C. watching&&& D. watched 3. We hope ________good grades.&& A. get&&& B. to get&&& C. getting&&& D. got 4. I hope you ________a nice weekend.&& A. have&&& B. to have&&& C. having&&& D. had 5. Hi, Jean! You look unhappy. ____________?& A. What did you happen& B. What you happened& C. What happened to you& D. Did you happen what 6. Walt Disney was famous _______his cartoons.&& A. like&&& B. as&&& C. at&&& D. for&& 9. I don’t mind _________soap operas. & A. watch&&& B. to watch&&& C. watching&&& D. watched 10. We waited an hour for Jack, but he didn’t ________.&& A. appear&&& B. get&&& C. arrived&&& D. come out 11. His new book ________last weekend. & A. came out&&& B. came up&&& C. came in&&& D. came to 12. She ________and went to the party. & A. wore&&& B. put on&&& C. dressed&&& D. dressed up
(&& )1.I don’t mind ______you with your English. A.help&&& B.to help&&& C.helping&&& D.helps (&& )2.I can’t stand ______the terrible TV show. A.watch&&&& B.watching&&&& C.to watch&&& D.watched
(&& )3. That magazine_______every Monday. A. comes out&& B.comes up&&& C.comes over&&& D.comes true (&& )4.we should ________Lei Feng. &&&& A.learn from&&&& B.learn with&&&& C.learn to&&& D.learn after (&& )5.Let’s ______here,let him ______ there. &&&& A.sit,stand&&& B.to sit, to stand&& C.to sit,stand&& D.sit,to stand (&& )6.She often plans______something to help others.&&&&& A.to do&&& B.does&&&& C.do&&&& D.doing (&& )7.―What happened ______ you yesterday? &&&& ―I happened&& _____ meet my old friend,Lucy. &&&& A.to,to&&& B.with, to&&& C.to,with&&& D.with,with (&& )8.They are trying______what is going on around the world.&&&&& && A.look for&&& B.to look for&&& C.to find out&& D.find out&(&& )9.Does John want&&&&&&& talk show? &&&& A.to watch&&&& B.watch&&&& C.watches&&& D.watchs (&& )10. _____ November 18,1978,Mickey became foumas.&&&&& A.In&&&& B.At&&&&& C.On&&&&& D.Of (&& )11. _____ ,he made 87 cartoons with Mickey. &&&& A.In 1930s&&&& B.In the 1930s&&&& C.In the 1930&&& D.On the 1930s (&& )12.Walt Disney made 87 cartoons _____,he became______ .&&&&& &&& A successful,successful&&&& B.successfully,successfully&&&&& &&& C.successful, successfully&& D.successfully,successful (&& )13.I saw two______& an apple when I came by. &&&&& A.mice,eating&&& B.mouses,eating&&&& C.mice,ate&&& D.mouses,ate (&& )14.Mickey Mouse was the first cartoon_____sound and music.&&&&&& &&& A.and&&& B.with&&& C.in&&&& D.of& (&& )15.He always tries to face any ____and met some _____ things.&&&&&& &&&& A.danger,dangerous&&&& B.danger,danger&&&&& &&&& C.dangerous,dangerous& D.dangerous, danger (&& )16.We should eat many fruits& _____ apples and oranges.&&&&&& &&&& A.for example&&&& B.such as&&&& C.so as&&& D.such like (& )17.There isn’t& ______ in today’s newspaper.&&&&&& &&&& A.something new&&&&& B.new something&&&&&& C.anything new&&&&&& D.new anything&(& )18.Mr Wang didn’t come,so Mrs Wang ______.&&&&& A.took him place&&&& B.took his place&&&&&&& C.took of him&&&&&&& D,became him (&& )19.At the party,Lucy ______like a Mickey Mouse to make us ______.&&&&& A.dressed up, laugh&&&& B.dressed up,to laugh&&&&& C.dressed on,laugh&&&&& D.dressed on,to laugh (&& )20.I think the actress_______ well. &&&& A.did Mulan’s role&&&&&& B.did Mulan’s way&&&&& C.played Mulan’s role&&& D.played Mulan’s way&(&& )21.The actors_______in the movie. &&&& A.was good&&&& B.did a good job&& C.did good&&& D.played good (&& )22. ---I think Boonie Bears(熊出没)isn’t as ______ as Pleasant Goat.&&&&&& ---I agree with you.Boonie Bears is______ than Pleasant Goat.&&&&&& A.famous,more famous&&&&&&& B.famous,less famous &C.more famous,less famous&& D.less famous,more famous (&& )23.Kong Fansen is______educational movie,most people felt _______ .&&&&&& A.an, exciting&&&& B.an,excited&&& C.a,exciting&& D.a excited (&& )24.―What do you ______the movie?&&&&&&& ―It is very educational. &&&&& A.think of&&&&& B.like&&&& C.like of&&& D.think (& )25.Mulan is& ______ exciting movie. It comes from _____old Chinese story. A.an,an&&&&& B.a,an&&&&& C.an,a&&&&& D.a,a& 文 章来源莲山课件 w ww.5 y kj.Co m
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?填空.1.Look _____ the red T-shirt.2.lt's _____ the north of China.3.She stayed in Nanning _____ a week.4.She met Tom ______ April5.He want to take it _______ China.6.You can find _____about the weathe in it._百度作业帮
填空.1.Look _____ the red T-shirt.2.lt's _____ the north of China.3.She stayed in Nanning _____ a week.4.She met Tom ______ April5.He want to take it _______ China.6.You can find _____about the weathe in it.
填空.1.Look _____ the red T-shirt.2.lt's _____ the north of China.3.She stayed in Nanning _____ a week.4.She met Tom ______ April5.He want to take it _______ China.6.You can find _____about the weathe in it.
1\ at2\ in3\ for4\ in 5\ to6\ sth.
atinforintosomething (一些东西)/anything(任何东西)
atonforininwith
1.at2.in3.about4.on5.in6.out
atfromforintooutOverview of recent conditions
In many ways, the weather over the past few weeks has been pretty typical of early summer in California.
Subtropical moisture continues to stream into California from the southeast. (NOAA/NWS)
It’s been hot in the inland valleys, and not so hot near the coast, with a sharp gradient in between. Conditions have been largely dry, though an increasingly moist monsoonal flow has finally brought respectable thunderstorms to some mountain and high desert regions lately. We’ve seen a modest marine layer along the coast, and periodic heat waves inland that have brought sweltering temperatures to Central Valley and southeastern desert communities. None of these events is particularly noteworthy for late June and early July.
Drought update
Despite this semblance of pseudo-normality, though, there are a number of rather stark reminders聽that conditions are far from what would normally be expected this time of year.
California’s record-warmest year continued into June 2014. (NOAA/DRI)
California continues to endure聽its warmest year on record to date (as of May 31 I’ll update this point in a day or so when the official June numbers become available).
are burning with an intensity not normally witnessed until the driest days of September and October, and various metrics suggest that聽wildfire risk in many regions is at or near . The Sierra snowpack is long gone–and snowmelt-driven river and streamflows into the state’s reservoirs continue to plummet. An even greater fraction of California is experiencing “exceptional” (i.e. maximum-severity) drought conditions than just a few weeks ago–a region which now includes聽both the San Francisco Bay Area and the greater Los Angeles Metro area. Given California’s distinct wet winter/dry summer climatology, it’s extremely unlikely that this overall picture will change much between now and the start of the next rainy season.
West-east wind anomalies over the northeastern Pacific Ocean since May 1. (NCEP/ESRL)
A persistent dipole wind anomaly continues to bring anomalous northerly flow over California. (NCEP/ESRL)
Persistent ridging continued during May and June over the North Pacific. (NCEP/ESRL)
Monsoonal moisture continues to stream northwestward over much of California this evening, and will continue to do so periodically over the next week or more. High mountain and some high desert regions have already experienced some locally intense thunderstorm activity in association with this moisture, but precipitation coverage overall has been quite sparse. There is a slight possibility that some of this moisture could spark some mostly dry, high-based convection over the next 72 hours over parts of northern and central California, which would of great concern fire weather-wise. However, at the moment it doesn’t look like we’re headed for a major “lightning bust” in the immediate future.
Hot to very hot conditions will continue over interior California, with widespread 100+ temperatures expected for much of the coming week. While this heat won’t extend all the way to the coast (where a shallow marine layer will keep things seasonably cool), the state overall will remain considerably warmer than average. Some moderation will probably occur late this week as a weak trough develops off the coast of California, but conditions will remain quite warm inland.
There has been some suggestion in recent numerical model forecasts that a more substantial push of southeasterly winds/monsoonal moisture may affect California during the first half of July. 聽A slow-moving upper-level low may develop off the coast towards the end of the coming week, which may turn flow to the south or southeast over California 聽by next weekend. If this relatively moist southeasterly flow from the Gulf of California and Desert Southwest can interact with some weak instability generated by the offshore low, there may be the possibility of a more widespread elevated convective event at some point in the 6-10 day period. Recent solutions have become a little less consistent regarding this possible evolution, but this probably bears close watching over the next week or so. I’ll have an update if this starts to appear more likely.
El Ni帽o update
After a remarkably rapid warming of Eastern Pacific sea surface temperatures during early June as the powerful Kelvin wave from earlier this year surfaced, SST anomalies have recently begun to decrease. This has occurred because the large subsurface temperature anomalies have largely exhausted themselves and have not recently been reinforced by new warm water from the West Pacific. This evolution is consistent with recent coupled atmosphere-ocean model projections, but is somewhat different than what had been projected a couple of months ago, when more consistent warming was expected.
Animation of 4-month global SST anomalies. Note persistent N. Pacific warm pool and developing equatorial El Nino signature. (NOAA)
There’s a lot of speculation presently surrounding the “demise of聽El Ni帽o” on the basis of this recent development, which I’d argue is just as premature聽as the equally confident headlines which–just a few short months ago–called for a “mega/monster/hyper聽El Ni帽o” later this year. The reality is: the ocean-atmosphere system is very complex and responds to both foreseeable longer-term forces and unforeseeable random ones. What does this mean in the present context? Well, so-called “westerly wind bursts”–which help to enhance developing聽El Ni帽o events by disrupting the prevailing equatorial trade winds and allowing warm West Pacific water to “slosh” eastward–typically result from individual low pressure systems (sometimes typhoons) that spin up in the West Pacific.
Large positive SST anomalies exist along the Southern California coast. (NOAA)
These sorts of events–which fall under the purview of “weather,” since they evolve on timescales of a few days to perhaps a week–are very difficult to predict more than a week in advance, yet they are fundamentally important to ENSO’s evolution. While we did finally witness a new (but fairly weak) westerly wind burst over the past week, the continued evolution toward an聽El Ni帽o state will require additional and sustained westerly wind bursts later this summer, and we don’t yet know if that’s going to occur. The dynamical models appear to think so–since the ensemble mean remains fairly bullish in predicting a moderate-to-strong event by next winter (and, interestingly, above-normal precipitation in coastal California during the same time frame).
However, as recent events have demonstrated quite clearly, the real world sometimes deviates from even our most reasoned expectations. There are a few things we can say with high confidence about conditions over the next few months, though. Sea surface temperature will likely remain quite elevated in the Eastern Pacific (including along the coast of Southern California, where water temperatures are currently as high as the upper 70s in San Diego Bay, and a聽very impressive聽3-6 F above normal across a wide region).
Recent CFS model projections hint at early signs of a wetter-than-average DJF . (NOAA/NCEP/CPC)
This will probably keep near-coastal regions in the southern part of the state warmer than usual for the remainder of summer, and may allow for a higher-than-usual likelihood of tropical cyclone remnant moisture to affect California for the rest of summer and early fall.
Finally, recent trends and current model projections suggest that SST anomalies by the fall and winter months may be quite different across the North Pacific than in recent years–more reminiscent of the positive phase of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation than of the negative phase, which has been the prevalent condition since the last big聽El Ni帽o ended in 1998. Historically, such SST configurations have favored wetter winters in California, though it’s not at all clear that this will be the case in . For now, it’s probably wisest to prepare for what will nearly certainly be a hot, very dry 3 months to come.
As a quick reminder: for frequent weather/climate micro-updates through the summer, follow Weather West on
漏 2014 WEATHER WEST
Share this:
Tags: , , , ,
2 Pingbacks/Trackbacks07 July 2014 at 5:07am[…] Read more from the California Weather Blog here: Hot, dry summer continues in ...
20 July 2014 at 6:07pm[…] in alleviating drought conditions in California. I’ve already written ...
Pingback: ()
Pingback: ()
Search Weather West
Subscribe to Weather West!
Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 2,354 other subscribers
Email Address
Top Posts & Pages
Select Month
September 2015
August 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
August 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
Become a Weather West fan!
2015 California Weather Blog. All rights reserved. .
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

我要回帖

更多关于 because是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐