英语课文录音翻译

豆丁精品文档: 读写教程2课文翻译 八下英语课文翻译 英语必修四课文翻译 大学英语..
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
高职职业英语_读写教程2__课文翻译
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口大学英语课文翻译
大学英语课文翻译
希望高手翻译一下
Tony TRIVISONNO'S american dream
He came from a rocky farm in Italy, somewhere south of Rome. How or when he got to America, I don't know. But one evening I found him standing in the driveway, behind my garage. He was about five-foot-seven or eight, and thin. "I mow your lawn," he said. It was hard to comprehend his broken English. I asked him his name. "Tony Trivisonno," he replied. "I mow your lawn." I told Tony that I couldn't afford a gardener. "I mow your lawn," he said again, then walked away. I went into my house unhappy. Yes, these Depression days were difficult, but how could I to turn away a person who had come to me for help? When I got home from work the next evening, the lawn had been mowed, the garden weeded, and the walks swept. I asked my wife what had happened. "A man got the lawn mower out of the garage and worked on the yard," she answered. "I assumed you had hired him." I told her of my experience the night before. We thought it strange that he had not asked for pay. The next two days were busy, and I forgot about Tony. We were trying to rebuild our business and bring some of our workers back to the plants. But on Friday, returning home a little early, I saw Tony again, behind the garage. I complimented him on the work he had done. "I mow your lawn," he said. I managed to work out some kind of small weekly pay, and each day Tony cleaned up the yard and took care of any little tasks. My wife said he was very helpful whenever there were any heavy objects to lift or things to fix. Summer passed into fall, and winds blew cold. "Mr. Craw, snow pretty soon," Tony told me one evening. "When winter come, you give me job clearing snow at the factory." Well, what do you do with such determination and hope? Of course, Tony got his job at the factory. The months passed. I asked the personnel department for a report. They said Tony was a very good worker. One day I found Tony at our meeting place behind the garage. "I want to be 'prentice," he said. We had a pretty good apprentice school that trained laborers. But I doubted whether Tony had the capacity to read blueprints and micrometers or do precision work. Still, how could I turn him down? Tony took a cut in pay to become an apprentice. Months later, I got a report that he had graduated as a skilled grinder. He had learned to read the millionths of an inch on the micrometer and to shape the grinding wheel with an instrument set with a diamond. My wife and I were delighted with what we felt was a satisfying end of the story. A year or two passed, and again I found Tony in his usual waiting place. We talked about his work, and I asked him what he wanted. "Mr. Craw," he said, "I like a buy a house." On the edge of town, he had found a house for sale, a complete wreck. I called on a banker friend. "Do you ever loan money on character?" I asked. "No," he said. "We can't afford to. No sale." "Now, wait a minute," I replied. "Here is a hard-working man, a man of character, I can promise you that. He's got a good job. You're not getting a damn thing from your lot. It will stay there for years. At least he will pay your interest." Reluctantly, the banker wrote a mortgage for $2,000 and gave Tony the house with no down payment. Tony was delighted. From then on, it was interesting to see that any discarded odds and ends around our place — a broken screen, a bit of hardware, boards from packing — Tony would gather and take home. After about two years, I found Tony in our familiar meeting spot. He seemed to stand a little straighter. He was heavier. He had a look of confidence. "Mr. Craw, I sell my house!" he said with pride. "I got $8,000." I was amazed. "But, Tony, where are you going to live without a house?" "Mr. Craw, I buy a farm." We sat down and talked. Tony told me that to own a farm was his dream. He loved the tomatoes and peppers and all the other vegetables important to his Italian diet. He had sent for his wife and son and daughter back in Italy. He had hunted around the edge of town until he found a small, abandoned piece of property with a house and shed. Now he was moving his family to his farm. Sometime later. Tony arrived on a Sunday afternoon, neatly dressed. He had another Italian man with him. He told me that he had persuaded his childhood friend to move to America. Tony was sponsoring him. With an amused look in his eye, he told me that when they approached the little farm he now operated, his friend stood in amazement and said, "Tony, you are a millionaire!" Then, during the war, a message came from my company. Tony had passed away. I asked our people to check on his family and see that everything was properly handled. They found the farm green with vegetables, the little house livable and homey. There was a tractor and a good car in the yard. The children were educated and working, and Tony didn't owe a cent. After he passed away, I thought more and more about Tony's career. He grew in stature in my mind. In the end, I think he stood as tall, and as proud, as the greatest American industrialists. They had all reached their success by the same route and by the same values and principles: vision, determination, self-control, optimism, self-respect and, above all, integrity. Tony did not begin on the bottom rung of the ladder. He began in the basement. Tony' the greatest industrialists' affairs were giant. But, after all, the balance sheets were exactly the same. The only difference was where you put the decimal point. Tony Trivisonno came to America seeking the American Dream. But he didn't find it — he created it for himself. All he had were 24 precious hours a day, and he wasted none of them.
Tony TRIVISONNO'S american dream
托尼特里维松诺的美国梦
He came from a rocky farm in Italy, somewhere south of Rome. How or when he got to America, I don't know. But one evening I found him standing in the driveway, behind my garage. He was about five-foot-seven or eight, and thin.
他来自意大利罗马以南,一个艰苦经营的农场。我不知道他是怎样或者是什么时候到达美国的。但是一个晚上我发现他站在我的停车房后面的车道上。他大概有五尺七八寸高,而且很瘦。"I mow your lawn," he said. It was hard to comprehend his broken English.
“我帮你割草。”他说。他的破英语让人难以明白。I asked him his name. "Tony Trivisonno," he replied. "I mow your lawn." I told Tony that I couldn't afford a gardener.
我问他他的名字。“托尼特里维松诺。”他答。“我帮你割草。”我告诉托尼我没钱雇用一个园丁。"I mow your lawn," he said again, then walked away. I went into my house unhappy. Yes, these Depression days were difficult, but how could I to turn away a person who had come to me for help? When I got home from work the next evening, the lawn had been mowed, the garden weeded, and the walks swept. I asked my wife what had happened.
“我帮你割草。”他又说,然后就走开了。我不开心地回到家里。没错,这些经济衰退的日子实在很艰难,但是我怎么可以拒绝一个来向我要求帮助的人?当我第二天晚上回家的时候,草坪的草已经割好,花园里面的杂草也清除掉了,而且小径上也打扫干净。我问妻子发生什么事了。"A man got the lawn mower out of the garage and worked on the yard," she answered. "I assumed you had hired him."
“有个男人从割草机从停车房里取出然后在院子了工作,”她说。“我以为你雇用他了。”I told her of my experience the night before. We thought it strange that he had not asked for pay. The next two days were busy, and I forgot about Tony. We were trying to rebuild our business and bring some of our workers back to the plants. But on Friday, returning home a little early, I saw Tony again, behind the garage. I complimented him on the work he had done.
我告诉了她前一晚发生的事。我们对于他没有要求薪金感到奇怪。跟着的两天都很忙,而我也就忘了关于托尼的事了。我们在试图重建我们的生意并且让我们的一些员工回到工厂来。但是在星期五的时候,我早了一点回家,又在停车房后面看到了托尼。我对他的工作表示赞赏。"I mow your lawn," he said.
“我帮你割草。”他说。I managed to work out some kind of small weekly pay, and each day Tony cleaned up the yard and took care of any little tasks. My wife said he was very helpful whenever there were any heavy objects to lift or things to fix.
我设法准备了某种小金额的周薪,而托尼每天都把院子清理干净并且帮忙了许多小事情。我妻子说每次要拿重物或者有东西要修理时,托尼都非常乐意帮忙。Summer passed into fall, and winds blew cold. "Mr. Craw, snow pretty soon," Tony told me one evening. "When winter come, you give me job clearing snow at the factory."
夏天慢慢转成秋季,冷风开始吹起了。“克劳先生,很快就下雪了。”某天晚上托尼对我说。“当冬天来到的时候,你把工厂的除雪工作给我。”Well, what do you do with such determination and hope? Of course, Tony got his job at the factory. The months passed. I asked the personnel department for a report. They said Tony was a very good worker.
好吧,对于这种决心和希望你会怎样做?当然,托尼拿到了工厂的工作。几个月过去了,我向人事部要来一份报告。他们说托尼是个非常棒的员工。One day I found Tony at our meeting place behind the garage. "I want to be 'prentice," he said. We had a pretty good apprentice school that trained laborers. But I doubted whether Tony had the capacity to read blueprints and micrometers or do precision work. Still, how could I turn him down? Tony took a cut in pay to become an apprentice. Months later, I got a report that he had graduated as a skilled grinder. He had learned to read the millionths of an inch on the micrometer and to shape the grinding wheel with an instrument set with a diamond. My wife and I were delighted with what we felt was a satisfying end of the story.
一天我在停车房后面,我们见面的老地方找到了托尼。“我想做学徒。”他说。我们有一家不错的学徒学校来训练工人。但是我怀疑托尼是否有足够的能力去阅读蓝图和千分尺,又或者是做精密的工作。不过即使是那样,我又怎能拒绝他?托尼为了成为学徒自愿减薪。几个月之后,我收到报告说他毕业成为一个熟练的磨床工人了。他学会了阅读千分尺上一英寸的百万分之一,并且懂得使用设置了钻石的工具来塑造砂轮。我和我的妻子都为了这个我们感到让人很满意的结果觉得很高兴。
A year or two passed, and again I found Tony in his usual waiting place. We talked about his work, and I asked him what he wanted.
一两年之后,又一次我在那老地方发现托尼在等着我。我们谈到他的工作,而我问他他想要什么。"Mr. Craw," he said, "I like a buy a house." On the edge of town, he had found a house for sale, a complete wreck.
“克劳先生,”他说。“我想买一间房子。”在市镇的边缘上,他找到了一间出售的房子,一间非常破烂的房子。I called on a banker friend. "Do you ever loan money on character?" I asked. "No," he said. "We can't afford to. No sale."
我打电话给我的银行家朋友。“你曾经尝试过因为一个人的人格就给他贷款吗?”我问。“不。”他说。“我们负担不起这样做。没可能。”"Now, wait a minute," I replied. "Here is a hard-working man, a man of character, I can promise you that. He's got a good job. You're not getting a damn thing from your lot. It will stay there for years. At least he will pay your interest."
“等等。”我答。“这里有一个勤劳的,有品格的人。我可以给这个作保证。他有一份好工作。反正你那块地也没让你赚到一毛钱,它会就这样一直丢空下去。至少他可以帮你付利息。”Reluctantly, the banker wrote a mortgage for $2,000 and gave Tony the house with no down payment. Tony was delighted. From then on, it was interesting to see that any discarded odds and ends around our place — a broken screen, a bit of hardware, boards from packing — Tony would gather and take home.
勉强地,那银行家写了二千元的抵押贷款并且不用首期就把房子卖给托尼了。托尼非常高兴。从那之后,可以很有趣地看到我们家附近所有丢弃的杂物 - 一块破掉的纱窗,一点工具,包装用的木板 - 托尼都会收集起来拿回家去。After about two years, I found Tony in our familiar meeting spot. He seemed to stand a little straighter. He was heavier. He had a look of confidence.
大概两年之后,我在老地方看到托尼。他看上去有点站的更直了。他胖了一点,带着自信的样子。"Mr. Craw, I sell my house!" he said with pride. "I got $8,000."
“克劳先生,我卖掉我的房子了!”他骄傲地说。“我卖了八千块。”I was amazed. "But, Tony, where are you going to live without a house?"
我大为惊奇。“但是托尼,没有房子你要住在哪里?”
"Mr. Craw, I buy a farm."
“克劳先生,我买了一个农场。”We sat down and talked. Tony told me that to own a farm was his dream. He loved the tomatoes and peppers and all the other vegetables important to his Italian diet. He had sent for his wife and son and daughter back in Italy. He had hunted around the edge of town until he found a small, abandoned piece of property with a house and shed. Now he was moving his family to his farm.
我们坐下来聊天。托尼告诉我拥有一个农场是他的梦想。他喜爱番茄,辣椒和所有对他的意大利菜很重要的蔬菜。他在市镇边缘到处搜寻,直到找到了一片小而且荒废,但是有着一间房子和工棚的土地。现在他正要把他的家人搬到农场那边。Sometime later. Tony arrived on a Sunday afternoon, neatly dressed. He had another Italian man with him. He told me that he had persuaded his childhood friend to move to America. Tony was sponsoring him. With an amused look in his eye, he told me that when they approached the little farm he now operated, his friend stood in amazement and said, "Tony, you are a millionaire!"
又过了一段日子。托尼在某星期天的下午穿戴整齐的到来。他还带着一个意大利男子。他告诉我他说服了他的儿时好友到美国来了。托尼正资助他。他眼里带着惊讶的神情告诉我,当他们向着他现在运作的那个小农场走去时,他的朋友大为惊奇地站住了并说,“托尼,你是个百万富翁!”Then, during the war, a message came from my company. Tony had passed away.
然后,就在战事期间,我的公司捎来讯息。托尼去世了。I asked our people to check on his family and see that everything was properly handled. They found the farm green with vegetables, the little house livable and homey. There was a tractor and a good car in the yard. The children were educated and working, and Tony didn't owe a cent.
我让我们的员工去探望他的家人并确定一切都处理妥当。他们发现农场里面充满绿油油的蔬菜,那小房子舒适而让人愉快。在院子里有一部拖拉机和一辆好车子。孩子们都读完书在工作了,而托尼并没有一分钱的欠债。
After he passed away, I thought more and more about Tony's career. He grew in stature in my mind. In the end, I think he stood as tall, and as proud, as the greatest American industrialists.
在他去世之后,我对托尼的事业想的越来越多。在我的心中对他的尊敬也越来越多。在最后,我感到他跟那些美国最伟大的工业家相比也好不逊色。They had all reached their success by the same route and by the same values and principles: vision, determination, self-control, optimism, self-respect and, above all, integrity.
他们都以相同的路径,相同的价值观和原则来达到成功:远见、毅力、自制力、乐观、自尊以及比任何事都重要的,诚信。Tony did not begin on the bottom rung of the ladder. He began in the basement. Tony' the greatest industrialists' affairs were giant. But, after all, the balance sheets were exactly the same. The only difference was where you put the decimal point.
托尼并不是从社会的最底层起步的。他是从更底层开始。托尼的故事很小,而那些伟大的工业家的故事很巨大。但是,虽然这样,他们的资产负债表都是完全一样的。唯一的分别是你把小数点放在哪里罢了。
Tony Trivisonno came to America seeking the American Dream. But he didn't find it — he created it for himself. All he had were 24 precious hours a day, and he wasted none of them. 托尼特里维松诺到美国来寻找美国梦,但是他没有找到 - 他自己制造了一个。他所有的不过是一天珍贵的二十四小时,而他没有一刻是浪费掉的。
相关知识等待您来回答
外语领域专家
& &SOGOU - 京ICP证050897号英语课本翻译_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
英语课本翻译
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩1页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢翻译英语课文_百度知道
翻译英语课文
A man had two sons.They were twins.They were born at almost the same time and looked exactly alike.But in one important way they were very different.
One was an OPTIMIST,while the other was a PESSIMIST.
An optimist is someone who always thinks that good things will happen.A pessimist is someone who always thinks that bad things will happen.
The man was worride about his sons.There are good and bad things in life,he knew.He did not want them to be too pessimistic or too optimistic.He took his problem to b friend,Sally.
&How can I cure them of their foolish optimism and pessimism?&He asked his friend.
Sally was thoughtful.Then she said,&When is their next birthday?&
&It's on Wednesday,&the father replide.&They'll be twelve years old.&
&Excellent,&Sally said.&Here's what you should do.Give your pessimistic son a really wonderful present.Give your optimism and pessimism son a really poor present.That should cure them of their optimism and pessimism.&
The father did as his friend told him.
The next Wednesday morning the boys looked at their birthday presents.
The pessimist looked at his firlt.It was b beautiful and very expensive gold watch,but he was not pleased with it.
&Huh,&he said,&I don't like this very much.I'm sure it won't keep good time. It will always be fast or slow,and it will probably break many times,and I'll have to spend lots of money to get it repaired.&
Then the optimist looked at his present.He was relly pleased.&Look!Dad's given me b shoelace,&he said.He held up the shoelace.
&I haven't found the shoes yet,but I'm sure they are here somewhere.&
不要全部翻译,只要大意!概括下就行了,拜托了!
提问者采纳
有一个人有两个儿子。他们是双胞胎。他们几乎在同一时刻出生并且看起来一模一样。但是他们有最重要的一点不同。
一个儿子是乐观主义者,另一个是悲观主义者
乐观主义者总是想着好的事情将要发生,悲观主义者总是想着坏的事情要发生。
他们的爸爸很担心他的两个儿子。他知道生活中总会有坏的事情和好的事情发生。他不想他的儿子变成总是悲观的或者乐观的。他将这个问题告诉了他的好友,李。
“我该怎么样医治他们愚蠢的乐观主义和悲观主义?”他问他的朋友。
李沉思了一会。然后他说:“他们的下一个生日在什么时候?”
“噢,就在下个星期三。”这个父亲回答。“这是他们12岁的生日。”
“太好了!”李说。“你就照我说的做。给你悲观的儿子买一个非常棒的礼物。给你乐观的儿子买一个较差的礼物。这就可以医治他们的悲观和乐观了。”
父亲就照他朋友说的做了。
在星期三的早晨,两个儿子分别打开了他们的生日礼物。
这个总是悲观的儿子先看了他的礼物。是一个十分昂贵的金表,但是他并没有显得很喜欢它。他说:“我一点也不喜欢这个东西。我打赌它不能走得准时!它将总是走得快些或者慢一些,还可能经常坏!那我就将花费更多的钱去修理它。”
之后那个总是乐观的儿子看了他的礼物。他十分喜欢他的礼物。“看!爸爸给了我一根鞋带。”他说。他高高地举起了那根鞋带很高兴的笑着。
“我还没有找到新鞋子,但我确信它们就在附近!”乐观的儿子微笑而兴奋地说。
其他类似问题
19人觉得有用
为您推荐:
其他2条回答
一个人有两个儿子他们是双胞胎。他们出生在同一时间和一模一样的但是在一个重要的方式是不同的。
一个乐观的人,而另一个是一个悲观主义者。
乐观的人总是认为会有好事发生的悲观主义者是一个总是认为不好的事情就会发生。
这个人对他的儿子worride…有好的和坏的事情在生活中,他知道…他不希望他们过于悲观或过于乐观他把他的问题,莎莉。b朋友,
“我怎么能治好了他们的愚蠢的乐观和悲观吗?”他问他的朋友。
莎莉很周到。然后她说:“当他们下个生日吗?”
“这是周三,”父亲replide。”他们就十二岁了。”
“好极了,”萨莉说。“这是你应该做什么…给你的悲观的儿子真是太好了礼物乐观和悲观的儿子给你一个真正的贫穷礼物那应该改掉他们的乐观和悲观。”
一个人有两个个儿子出生了twins.They几乎在同一时间,并期待正好alike.But的一个重要方式有很大不同。
一个是一个乐观主义者,而另一个是悲观主义者。
乐观的是谁的人一直认为,好的东西会happen.A悲观者是谁的人一直认为,糟糕的事情发生。
该名男子对他的sons.There worride生活中好的和坏的东西,他knew.He不想他们太悲观或太optimistic.He带着问题到B的朋友,莎莉。
“我怎样才能治好他们的愚蠢的乐观和悲观呢?”他问他的朋友。
萨莉thoughtful.Then她说,“他们的下一个生日是什么时候?”
“这周三的,”父亲replide。“他们将十二岁。”
“太好了,”萨莉说。“这里就是你的,你应该do.Give悲观的儿子真的很精彩present.Give你的乐观和悲观的儿子一个真正的穷人present.That要治好他们的乐...
翻译英语的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁

我要回帖

更多关于 九上英语课文翻译 的文章

随机推荐