susanit was already darkfraid of the dark.in fact ,she c

小题1:B小题2:A小题3:D小题4:C小题5:B小题6:D小题7:A小题8:D小题9:B小题10:A小题11:B小题12:D小题13:C小题14:B小题15:C小题16:A小题17:D小题18:B小题19:D小题20:C试题分析:小题1:B. A表转折B表并列C表因果D二选一。考连词。前一句说她不怕黑, 后一句说只要15分钟就能到家。这两句为并列关系。 小题2:A . A勇敢B兴奋C好奇D固执。前文说主人公wasn’t nervous. 后文but, 语意转折.&小题3:D. A掉下B看起来C证明是D变得。根据意思, 变得很冷。 小题4:C. A旁边B转圈C向前D向后。根据前文, 主人公在回家路上, 应该是努力向前走,&小题5:B. A到达B停下C停留D开始。前面写主人公stopped, 后文有also。所以也填stopped。 小题6:D . A聚集B兴奋C掉了D移动。车中的something对应指的是后文的old lady. 所以填moved. 小题7: A . A帮助B汽油C休息D水。后文old lady说我迷路了(lost),所以是需要help. 小题8:D. A必要的B普通的C基本的D当然。后文我的回答是, 你要往回走5公里再向左然后再走10公里等等, 可见远远偏离目标。所以选certainly, 你当然迷路了。 小题9:B . A如果B直到C除非D当。跟据句意, 是一直走直到到达某处。 小题10:A . A驾驶B走C跟随D行军。前文说的是开车, 所以是drive。小题11:B. A地址B标识C通知D指导 根据句意, “按照XX的指示就可以到飞机场了”只有选标识才说的通。选择B。因为沿途不会有指导。小题12:D. 固定搭配.A no doubt毫无疑问B no room没有空间C no time没时间D不可能.C选项看似正确但整句话矛盾(你没时间在5分钟内到达)。 小题13:C. A拥有B得到C做成某事D结束。固定用法,表示成功做成某事&小题14:B. A门B窗C车顶灯D车轮。对应前文的slide down得知是车窗摇下来了,所以这里对应up的应该是车窗window.&小题15:C . A通过B猛冲C掉头/转弯D继续。前文我建议old lady要go back,所以这里对应车子要掉头才对,所以选turn. 小题16:A. A奇怪B敏感C幻想的D恐怖的。根据后文, 车开始变形,选strange。 小题17:D . A发展B出现C传播D褪色。后文说从black变成了silvery-grey,就是由黑变灰,所以答案选D&褪色。 小题18:B. A滚B漂浮C拉D闪。根据文章,是车子的轮子不见了,但是车子在空中接着向前。 小题19:D. A指向B返回C破门而入D升入空中。文中意思, 车子飞起升上填空汇总。 小题20:C . A发出一阵声响A曲调B指人的生音D 语气。C表示声音的意思点评:。整个完形填空大题,设空科学合理,考生不难从中领会大意,从而下手会比较顺利,从选项中可以看出,本大题主要还是考查了词汇的辨析与运用,但更加注重综合语言能力的运用,需要根据故事情节,了解词汇用法的同时,结合语境,做出准确的判断。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
In earliest times, men considered lightning to be one of the great mysteries of nature. Some ancient people believed that lightning and thunder were the weapons of the gods. In reality, lightning is a flow of electricity formed high above the earth. A single flash of lightning 1.6 kilometres long has enough electricity to light one million light bulbs . The American scientist and statesman, Benjamin Franklin, was the first to show the connection between electricity and lightning in 1752. In the same year he also built the first lightning rod (避雷针). This device protects buildings from being damaged by lightning. Modern science has discovered that one stroke of lightning has a voltage (电压) of more than 15 million volts (伏特). A flash of lightning between a cloud and the earth may be as long as 13 kilometers, and travel at a speed of 30 million meters per second. Scientists judge that there are about 2,000 million flashes of lightning per year. Lightning hits the Empire State Building in New York City 30 to 48 times a year. In the United States alone it kills an average of one person every day. The safest place to be in case of an electrical storm is in a closed car. Outside, one should go to low ground and not get under tress. Also on,e should stay out of water and away from metal fences. Inside a house, people should avoid open doorways and windows and not touch wires or metal things. With lightning, it is better to be safe than sorry.小题1:People once thought lightning came from ________.A.the godsB.the earthC.the skyD.nature小题2:According to the passage what do you think all buildings need?A.Metal fences.B.Machines.C.Electricity. D.Lightning rods小题3:Lightning can travel ________.A.as quickly as waterB.not so quickly as electricityC.at very high speed D.at very low speed小题4:Which of the following is NOT true?A.In the U.S about one person per day dies from lightning.B.Swimming during a thunder storm is a good idea.C.The Empire State Building frequently gets hit by lightning.D.A closed car is the best place to be during an electrical storm.
题型:完形填空
Mrs. Jones was over eighty, but she still drove her old car like a woman half her age. She loved driving very fast, and was& 21 &of the fact that she had never, in her thirty-five years of driving, been punished&&22&&a driving offence (犯规).Then one day she nearly &23 her record. A police car&&24&&her, and the policemen in it saw her&&25&&a red light without stopping. Of course, she was stopped. It seemed 26&&that she would be punished.When Mrs. Jones came up to the judge(法官), he looked at her seriously and said that she was&&27 &old to drive a car, and that the reason why she had not stopped at the red &&28 &was most probably that her eyes had become weak &&29&&old age, so that she had not seen it.When the judge had finished what he was &&&30 . Mrs. Jones opened the big handbag she was&&31&&and took out her sewing (针线). Without saying a word, she&&32 &a needle(针) with a very small eye, and threaded it at once.When she had successfully done this, she took the thread out of the needle again and handed&&33&&the needle and the thread to the judge, saying, “Now it is your 34&. I suppose you drive a car, and that you are quite sure about your own eyesight.”The judge took the needle and tried to thread it. After half a dozen tries, he had still not succeeded. Mrs. Jones’ record &&35&unbroken.小题1:A.afraidB.carefulC.proudD.full小题2:A.aboutB.onC.toD.for小题3:A.keptB.wonC.missedD.lost小题4:A.watchedB.afterC.followedD.ran after小题5:A.passB.goC.runD.rush小题6:A.sureB.IndeedC.certainD.perhaps小题7:A.soB.veryC.tooD.quite小题8:A.lightB.lampC.signD.one小题9:A.withB.BecauseC.forD.of小题10:A.speakingB.sayingC.talkingD.telling小题11:A.holdingB.gettingC.carryingD.bringing小题12:A.tookB.broughtC.pickedD.chose小题13:A.bothB.allC.neitherD.either小题14:A.timeB.turnC.chanceD.job小题15:A.wasB.keptC.seemedD.remained
When I was young, my father used to grow carnations(康乃馨) ----- a kind of flower which was red, pink and white. He took care of them with much love and devotion. Every day he came back home from work, he would enjoy watching them. Everyone who saw them admired them for their beauty. And he used to tell us, “No one should touch my flowers.”One day, my younger sister Clemence, who loved dad very much, wanted to help him. So she cut the carnations from their stems(枝干) one by one and arranged them on the ground. She believed that dad would be very pleased to see them that way.When mom and I realized what my sister had done, we became completely speechless. However, my sister had no idea why no one showed her any appreciation. When my dad arrived, he went straight to see the flowers as usual. Seeing his flowers lying on the ground like dead animals, he was shocked at first. He looked towards the street to see if it was any of the neighbor’s children who could have done it. Then he looked at mom in silence. Finally mom, who always taught us to tell the truth no matter what, said, “No bad neighbors did this great job, only your lovely daughter Clemence.”Dad’s face changed into a smile and then he said, “Do I have a better flower than my lovely daughter?” My younger sister smiled and hugged dad strongly.小题1:Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?A.No one knew what my sister had done with the carnations.B.My younger sister told my father the truth about the carnations.C.Dad asked my sister to help arrange the carnations on the ground.D.Dad had thought one outsider had cut the flowers from the stems.小题2: How did Clemence feel when she had the carnations cut?A.LuckyB.UpsetC.HelpfulD.Worried小题3:What caused my younger sister to smile and hug dad strongly?A.dad’s silenceB.mom’s helpC.dad’s loveD.mom’s words小题4:Which of the following would be the best title?A.Telling the truthB.Dad’s best flowerC.My neighborsD.Growing Carnations
I had offered to watch my 3-year-old daughter, so that my wife could go out with a friend. I was getting some work done in my study while she ___36___ to be having a good time in the other room. No problem, I figured. But then it got a little too ___37___ and I shouted, “What are you doing?” No response. I ___38___ my question and heard her say, “Oh,…nothing.” Nothing?I got up from my desk and ran out ___39___ the living room, where I saw her running across the hall. I followed and watched her as her little behind made a quick ___40___ into the bathroom. I had her ___41___! I told her to turn around. She ___42___. I pulled out my big Daddy voice, “Young lady, I said turn around!”___43___, she turned toward me. In her hand was what was left of my wife’s new lipstick. And every square inch of her face was ___44__ with bright red! As she looked up at me with fearful eyes, I heard ___45__ voice that had been shouted to me as a child. “How could you…You should know…How many times have you been ___46___ … What a bad thing to do…” It was just a matter of my picking out which old ___47___ I was going to use on her so that she would know what a bad girl she had been. But ___48___ I could become angry, I looked ___49___ at the sweater on her. In big ___50___ it said, “I’M A PERFECT LITTLE ANGEL(天使)!” I looked back up into her tearful eyes and, ___51___ seeing a bad girl who didn’t listen, I saw a little angel full of ___52___ that I had come dangerously close to ___53___. “Sweetheart, let’s take a picture so Mommy can see how ___54___ you look.” I took the picture and thanked God that I didn’t ___55__ the chance to prove what a perfect little angel she had given me.小题1:A.happened B.likedC.appearedD.pretended小题2:A.long B.quietC.calmD.strange小题3:A.askedB.answeredC.raisedD.repeated小题4:A.intoB.ofC.fromD.for小题5:A.way B.turn C.changeD.progress小题6:A.followedB.scoldedC.corneredD.fooled小题7:A.laughedB.listenedC.agreedD.refused小题8:A.SlowlyB.EagerlyC.AngrilyD.Unfortunately小题9:A.filledB.markedC.printedD.covered小题10:A.everyB.suchC.anyD.one小题11:A.toldB.beatenC.frightenedD.forbidden小题12:A.reportsB.noticeC.adviceD.words小题13:A.asB.whenC.sinceD.before小题14:A.upB.downC.inD.on小题15:A.signsB.lettersC.messagesD.figures小题16:A.because ofB.instead ofC.in spite ofD.as a result of小题17:A.valuesB.sadnessC.pitiesD.tricks小题18:A.preventing B.getting rid ofC.destroyingD.doing wrong on小题19:A.dirtyB.uglyC.specialD.silly小题20:A.haveB.getC.takeD.miss
A little boy was visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot(弹弓)to &&21&in the woods. He practiced and practiced but could never &&22&&the target. Becoming somewhat &&23&, he headed back for dinner.As he was returning, he saw Grandma’s &&24&duck. Without thinking, he shot his slingshot, hit the duck right &&25 the head and killed it. He was shocked and sad. Quickly, he &&26&the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his &&27&watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.After &&28&that day, Grandma said, “Sally, you wash the dishes.” But Sally said, “Grandma, Johnny told me that he wanted to &&29&in the kitchen today, didn't you, Johnny?” And then she &&30 to him, “Remember, the duck?” Then Johnny did the dishes.Later, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to __31__ fishing, and Grandma said, “I’m sorry but I __32__ Sally to help me make supper.” But Sally smiled and said, “Well, that’s all right. Johnny told me he wanted to __33__.” And she whispered again, “Remember, the &&34&&?” So Sally went fishing and Johnny &&35&at home.After several days, Johnny finally couldn't &&36&it any longer. He went to Grandma and &&37&that he had killed her pet duck and asked for her &&38&.Hearing this, Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, “Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the &&39&and saw the whole thing from the house. And because I &&40&you, I forgive you, but I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make you her slave.”小题1:A.work onB.carry outC.look afterD.play with小题2:A.getB.hit C.findD.miss小题3:A.discouragedB.nervousC.helplessD.foolish小题4:A.pet B.bigC.prettyD.little小题5:A.toB.atC.byD.in小题6:A.tookB.gotC.hidD.found小题7:A.grandpaB.grandmaC.sister D.brother小题8:A.lunchB.supperC.breakfastD.school小题9:A.supportB.cookC.helpD.stay小题10:A.shoutedB.spokeC.noddedD.whispered小题11:A.go B.playC.discoverD.find小题12:A.makeB.haveC.punishD.need小题13:A.stayB.doC.help D.beat小题14:A.farmB.duck C.supperD.slingshot小题15:A.waited B.smiledC.stayed D.cried小题16:A.stand B.keepC.faceD.hide小题17:A.promisedB.explainedC.admitted D.described小题18:A.apologyB.adviceC.forgiveness D.permission小题19:A.window B.roadsideC.kitchenD.farm小题20:A.punishedB.mistookC.love D.respect
Susan Sontag (1933----2004) was one of the most noticeable figures in the world of literature. For more than 40 years she made it morally necessary to know everything---to read every book worth reading, to see every movie worth seeing. When she was still in her early 30s, publishing essays in such important magazines as Partisan Review, she appeared as the symbol of American culture life, trying hard to follow every new development in literature, film and art. With great effort and serious judgment, Sontag walked at the latest edges of world culture. Seriousness was one of Sontag’s lifelong watchwords(格言),but at a time when the barriers between the well-educated and the poor-educated were obvious, she argued for a true openness to the pleasure of pop culture. In Notes on Camp, the 1964 essay that first made her name, she explained what was then a little-known set of difficult understandings, through which she could not have been more famous. “Notes on Camp”, she wrote, represents “ a victory of ‘form’ over ‘content’, ‘beauty’ over ‘morals’”.By conviction(信念)she was a sensualist, but by nature she was a moralist, and in the works she published in the 1970s and 1980s , it was the latter side of her that came forward. In Illness as Metaphor —published in 1978, after she suffered cancer—she argued against the idea that cancer was somehow a special problem of repressed personalities, a concept that effectively blamed the victim for the disease. In fact, re-examining old positions was her lifelong habit.In America, her story of a19thcentury Polish actress who set up a perfect society in California, won the National Book Award in 2000.But it was as a all-purpose cultural view that she made her lasting fame. “Sometimes,” she once said, “I feel that, in the end, all I am really defending …is the idea of seriousness, of true seriousness.” And in the end, she made us take it seriously too.小题1:The underlined sentence in paragraph 1 means Sontag_________.A.was a symbol of American cultural lifeB.developed world literature, film and artC.published many essays about world cultureD.kept pace with the newest development of world culture小题2:She first won her name through ___________.A.her story of a Polish actressB.her book Illness as MetaphorC.publishing essays in magazines like partisan ReviewD.her explanation of a set of difficult understandings小题3:According to the passage, Susan Sontag__________.A.was a sensualist as well as a moralistB.looked down upon the pop cultureC.thought content was more important than formD.blamed the victim of cancer for being repressed小题4:As for Susan Sontag’s lifelong habit, she __________.A.misunderstood the idea of seriousnessB.re-examined old positionsC.argued for an openness to pop cultureD.preferred morals to beauty小题5:Why Susan Sontag won her lasting fame was because of___________-.A.her point which was suitable for common cultural viewB.her lifelong watchword:seriousnessC.her publishing books on moralsD.her enjoying books worth reading and movies worth seeing
Once there was a poor farmer and his farm belonged to(属于) a rich man. One day he brought a basket of apples to the rich man’s house. On the doorsteps, he met two monkeys dressed like children. They jumped onto the basket to eat the apples and threw some on the ground. The farmer politely took off his hat and asked the monkeys to get off. They obeyed(服从) and the farmer went into the house. He asked to see the rich man. A servant took him to the room where the rich man was sitting. “I have brought you the basket of apples you asked for,” he said. “But why have you brought a half-empty basket?” the rich man asked. “I met your children outside, and they stole some of the apples.”小题1:Why did the farmer bring apples to the rich man? Because&&&&&&&&.A.he was poorB.he liked the rich manC.his farm belonged to the rich manD.the rich man’s children liked apples小题2:What did the monkeys do when the farmer was on the doorsteps?A.They jumped and jumped.B.They played.C.They ran away.D.They ate some of the apples.小题3:The monkeys left the basket because &&&&&&&&. A.they had thrown apples on the groundB.the farmer had politely asked them to get offC.they were afraid of the hatD.the farmer was angry wit h them小题4:How did the rich man feel when he saw the basket?& He felt &&&&&&&.A.pleasedB.movedC.excitedD.unhappy
When we read books we seem to enter a new world.& This new world can be similar to the one we are living in, or it can be very &&&1&&&.& Some stories are told &&&2&&&they were true.& Real people who live in a normal
in other words, the stories are about people just like us doing what we do.& Other stories, such as the Harry Potter books, are not &&&3&&&.& They are characters and creatures that are very different from us and do things that would be &&4 for us. But there is more to books and writing than this.& If we think about it, even realistic writing is only &&&5&&&.& How can we tell the difference between what is real and what is not real?& For example, when we read about Harry Potter, we do seem to learn something about the real world.& And when Harry studies magic at Hogwarts, he also learns more about his real life than &&&6&&&.&
Reading, like writing, is an action.& It is a way of &&&7&&&.& When we read or write something, we do much more than simply look at words on a page.& We use our &&&8&&&--- which is real --- and our imagination ---which is real in a different way --- to make the words &&&9&&&in our minds. Both realism and fantasy use the imagination and the “magic” of reading and writing to make us think.& When we read &&&10&&&realistic, we have to imagine that the people we are reading about are just like us, even though we know that we are real and they are not.& It sounds &&11&&&, but it works.& When we read, we fill in missing information and &&&12&&&about the causes and effects of what a character does.& We help the writer by pretending that what we read is like real life.& In a way, we are writing the book, too. Most of us probably don’t think about what is going on in our &&&13&&&when we are reading.& We &&&14&&&a book and lose ourselves in a good story, eager to find out what will happen next.& Knowing how we feel &&&15&&&we read can help us become better readers, and it will help us discover more about the real magic of books.小题1:A.possibleB.easyC.newD.different小题2:A.thatB.what C.whetherD.as if小题3:A.realisticB.reasonableC.moralD.instructive小题4:A.difficultB.impossibleC.importantD.necessary小题5:A.thinkableB.designedC.imaginedD.planned小题6:A.lessons B.dreamsC.experienceD.magic小题7:A.workingB.thinkingC.understandingD.living小题8:A.knowledgeB.skillC.wordsD.grammar小题9:A.come to life B.come to lightC.come to the pointD.come to nothing小题10:A.a newspaper B.somethingC.everythingD.a story小题11:A.dangerousB.seriousC.strangeD.terrible小题12:A.talkB.learnC.readD.think小题13:A.mindB.lifeC.worldD.society小题14:A.turn upB.pick upC.cook upD.bring up小题15:A.whatB.howC.whenD.why
吴老师30日19点直播线段的垂直平分线的性质
余老师30日20点直播unit5第二课时 Section A

我要回帖

更多关于 it was nearly dark 的文章

随机推荐