high expectationss怎么读

温馨夜读II PART4 6.Great Expectations
zhaohongchan
扫描二维码方便学习和分享
http://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
[00:00.42]6.Great Expectations
[00:03.79]Pete Rose, the famous baseball player, whom I have never met, taught me something so valuable that changed my life.
[00:11.74]Pete was being interviewed in spring training the year he was about to break Ty Cobb&s all time hits record.
[00:19.03]One reporter blurted out, &Pete, you only need 78 hits to break the record.
[00:24.80]How many at-bats do you think you&ll need to get the 78 hits?&
[00:28.51]Without hesitation, Pete just stared at the reporter and very matter-of-factly said, &78.&
[00:36.24]The reporter yelled back, &Ah, come on Pete, you don&t expect to get 78 hits in 78 at-bats, do you?&
[00:42.99]Mr. Rose calmly shared his philosophy with the throngs of reporters who were anxiously awaiting his reply to this seemingly boastful claim.
[00:52.13]&Every time I step up to the plate, I expect to get a hit!
[00:56.54]If I don&t expect to get a hit, I have no right to step in the batter&s box in the first place!&
[01:02.20]&If I go up hoping to get a hit,& he continued, &then I probably don&t have a prayer of getting a hit.
[01:08.96]It is positive expectation that has gotten me all of the hits in the first place.&
[01:13.64]When I thought about Pete Rose&s philosophy and how it applied to everyday life, I felt a little embarrassed.
[01:20.39]As a business person, I was hoping to make my sales quotas.
[01:24.31]As a father, I was hoping to be a good dad.
[01:27.46]As a married man, I was hoping to be a good husband.
[01:31.38]The truth was that I was an adequate salesperson, I was not so bad of a father, and I was an okay husband.
[01:38.90]I immediately decided that being okay was not enough!
[01:42.83]I wanted to be a great salesperson, a great father and a great husband.
[01:47.64]I changed my attitude to one of positive expectation, and the results were amazing.
[01:53.33]I was fortunate enough to win a few sales trips, I won Coach of the Year in my son&s baseball league,
[02:00.33]and I share a loving relationship with my wife, Karen, with whom I expect to be married to for the rest of my life!
[02:07.55]Thanks, Mr. Rose!
内容来自 听力课堂网:
[报错与提意见]
订阅每日学英语:
好课推荐 新概念英语视频课程
新概念第一册
新概念第二册
4大妙招记单词
国际音标速成expectations是什么意思,词典释义与在线翻译:
名词 expectation:
belief about (or mental picture of) the future
anticipating with confidence of fulfillment
the feeling that something is about to happen
the sum of the values of a random variable divided by the number of values
expectations的用法和样例:
(销售)达到预期...
有继承遗产的希望...
辜负某人的期望,没达...
expectations的海词问答与网友补充:
expectations的相关资料:
相关词典网站:(window.slotbydup=window.slotbydup || []).push({
id: '2369049',
container: s,
size: '960,48',
display: 'inlay-fix'
survey_expectations
创建新的生词本
i该生词本已经创建啦!
i不可以出现中文,英文,数字之外的符号哒!
i生词本名称长度不能大于24字符!
i请填写生词本名称!expectations怎么读_百度知道
expectations怎么读
提问者采纳
expectations英式音标:[ˌnz] 美式音标;ekspek&#712英文原文;teɪ&#643:[ˌteɪekspekˈ&#643
来自团队:
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
expectations的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁英语学习   
&&&& &|& && &|& && &|& && &|& && &|& && &|& && &|& && &|& && &|& &
Art challenges expectations
本文作者:
Just what is it that makes today’s homes so different, so appealing? is a collage by British pop artist Richard Hamilton.
The title was taken from advertisement copy in the American magazine Ladies Home Journal. Created in 1956, it is considered one of the early works of pop art.

我要回帖

更多关于 great expectations 的文章

随机推荐