stay with mean australian family是什么意思

【小题1】D【小题2】A【小题3】D【小题4】C
解析试题分析:本文向人们展示了一个叫Tony的澳大利亚小男孩的日记,从日记中我们可以得知他通过在网上发照片和电子邮件,帮助一个小男孩找到了亲人。故事告诉我们,人们的微薄之力可能会给别人的生活带来很大的变化。【小题1】D 细节理解题。从文章第二段内容可知Tony想办法去帮助这个医院的小孩,把他的照片传到网站上,再根据第三段内容I learned that the boy found his father!可以判断他想帮小孩找到父亲,选D。【小题2】A细节理解题。从第三段内容His Swedish uncle saw the e-mail on my webpage and arranged the meeting. 可知是他叔叔看到的网站上的照片和邮件,选A。【小题3】D 推理判断题。根据首段He was on holiday with his family in South Asia.可知他在度假,故选D。【小题4】C 推理判断题。根据日记最后Tony的感想:No matter what we are, we can think of a way to help others.可知文章要表现的中心内容是人们的一点微薄之力可能会给别人带来很大改变。考点:考查故事类短文阅读
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
One day, when I was working as a psychologist in England,an adolescent boy showed up in my office. It was David. He kept walking up and down restlessly, his face pale, and his hands shaking slightly. His head teacher had referred him to me. “This boy has lost his family,” he wrote. “He is understandably very sad and refuses to talk to others, and I'm very worried about him. Can you help?”I looked at David and showed him to a chair. How could I help him? There are problems psychology doesn't have the answer to, and which no words can describe. Sometimes the best thing one can do is to listen openly and sympathetically.The first two times we met, David didn't say a word. He sat there, only looking up to look at the children's drawings on the wall behind me. I suggested we play a game of chess. He nodded. After that he played chess with me every Wednesday afternoon—in complete silence and without looking at me. It's not easy to cheat in chess, but I admit I made sure David won once or twice.Usually, he arrived earlier than agreed, took the chess board and pieces from the shelf and began setting them up before I even got a chance to sit down. It seemed as if he enjoyed my company. But why did he never look at me?“Perhaps he simply needs someone to share his pain with,” I thought. “Perhaps he senses that I respect his suffering.” Some months later, when we were playing chess, he looked up at me suddenly.“It's your turn,” he said.After that day, David started talking. He got friends in school and joined a bicycle club. He wrote to me a few times, about his biking with some friends, and about his plan to get into university. Now he had really started to live his own life.Maybe I gave David something. But I also learned that one—without any words—can reach out to another person. All it takes is a hug, a shoulder to cry on, a friendly touch, and an ear that listens.【小题1】When he first met the author, David ________.A.felt a little excited&B.walked energetically&C.looked a little nervous&D.showed up with his teacher&【小题2】As a psychologist, the author&& ________.A.was ready to listen to David&B.was skeptical about psychology&C.was able to describe David's problem&D.was sure of handling David's problem&【小题3】David enjoyed being with the author because he________.A.wanted to ask the author for advice&B.needed to share sorrow with the author&C.liked the children's drawings in the office&D.beat the author many times in the chess game&【小题4】What can be inferred about David?A.He recovered after months of treatment.&B.He liked biking before he lost his family.&C.He went into university soon after starting to talk.&D.He got friends in school before he met the author.&
John Smith, an office worker, lives in Washington. He inherited (继承) a million dollars when he was 23, but he wasn’t happy at a11. When his college friends were looking for their jobs, he didn’t have to. Jack decided to living a simple life like everyone else. He gave $l0,000 of his money to a charity (慈善机构) to help poor children live a better life. Today he is 36. He still wears cheap shoes and clothes and drives a small car only, but he is very happy.Up to now John has helped some children from poor countries all over the world, by sending them each $200 a month. The money was used for the children’s study, food, medicine and clothing. John receives a report each year on the children’s progress. They can write to each other. but usually the children do not speak English.When John first heard about these children, he wanted to help them. “It was nothing special,” he said. “Until I went to these countries and met the children I was helping, I didn’t know anything about their life.” Once John went to meet a little girl in Africa. He said that the meeting was very exciting. “When I met her, I felt very happy.” he said. “And I saw that the money was used for a good cause. It brought me happiness. I want to do everything I can to go on helping those children.”【小题1】. John didn’t need to look for a job &&&&&&&&&&&&.A.before he went to college B.after he went to Africa C.because he got a lot of money D.before he received a report 【小题2】. John has sent them each $200 a month to help some poor children &&&&&&&&&&&&.A.near Washington B.in European countries C.only in Africa D.throughout the world 【小题3】. John learned about the children’s progress by &&&&&&&&&&&&.A.visiting them each year B.getting a report every year C.staying with them D.talking to them in English 【小题4】. The underlined words “for a good cause” means “&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&” in Chinese.A.施舍 B.行善 C.优惠 D.赏赐 【小题5】. What’s the main idea of the story?A.Help others, and you will feel happy. B.It’s necessary to write letters to poor children. C.Live a simple life, and you can give others help. D.It’s the most important to help the children in Africa.
Walking round the large shop, Edith realized how difficult it was to choose a suitable Christmas &&&&&for her father.She &&&&&that he were as easy to please as her mother, who was &&&&satisfied with perfume (香水). &&&&, shopping at this time of the year was a most &&&&&job. People &&&&&on your feet, pushed you with their shoulders and almost &&&&&you over in their hurry in order to &&&&&something cheap ahead of you.Partly to have a rest, Edith paused in front of a counter (柜台), where some beautiful ties were on &&&&. "They are &&&&&silk," the shop assistant told her with a smile trying to &&&&&her to buy one. But Edith knew from past &&&&&that her choice of ties never pleased her father.She moved on slowly and &&&&where a small crowd of men had gathered round a counter. She found some fine pipes on sale and the &&&&were very beautiful. Edith did not hesitate for long, although her father &&&&&smoked a pipe once in a while, she believed this was &&&&to please him.When she got home, with her small but &&&&&present hidden in her handbag, it was time for supper and her parents were already &&&&&table. Her mother was in great &&&&. "Your father has at last decided to stop smoking," she told her daughter happily. Edith was so &&&&&that she could not say a single word.【小题1】 A.suit B.card
【小题2】 A.believed
D.thought
【小题3】 A.never
【小题4】 A.Therefore
B.Luckily C.Besides D.Finally
【小题5】 A.unhappy B.careful C.exciting
【小题6】 A.walked B.stepped C.lifted
【小题7】 A.turned B.hit
C.brought D.knocked
【小题8】 A.watch
【小题9】 A.time
【小题10】 A.real
【小题11】 A.hope
D.persuade
【小题12】 A.experience B.things
【小题13】 A.stopped
B.saw C.asked D.found
【小题14】 A.money B.cigarette
【小题15】 A.always
【小题16】 A.hardly
B.impossibly
C.possibly
D.certainly
【小题17】 A.cheap B.well-chosen C.expensive
D.ready-made
【小题18】 A.on
【小题19】 A.excitement
C.sadness D.disappointment
【小题20】 A.glad
B.happy C.surprised D.excited
I am a writer. I spend a great deal of my time thinking about the power of language—the way it can evoke (唤起) an emotion, a visual image, a complex idea, or a simple truth.Language is the tool of my trade. And I use them all—all the Englishes I grew up with.Born into a Chinese family that had recently arrived in California, I’ve been giving more thought to the kind of English my mother speaks. Like others, I have described it to people as “broken” English. But I feel embarrassed to say that. It has always bothered me that I can think of no way to describe it other than“broken”, as if it were damaged and needed to be fixed, as if it lacked a certain wholeness. I’ve heard other terms used, “limited English,” for example. But they seem just as bad, as if everything is limited, including people’s perceptions(认识)of the limited English speaker.I know this for a fact, because when I was growing up, my mother’s “limited” English limited my perception of her. I was ashamed of her English. I believed that her English reflected the quality of what she had to say. That is, because she expressed them imperfectly her thoughts were imperfect. And I had plenty of evidence to support me: the fact that people in department stores, at banks, and at restaurants did not take her seriously, did not give her good service, pretended not to understand her, or even acted as if they did not hear her.I started writing fiction in 1985. And for reasons I won’t get into today, I began to write stories using all the Englishes I grew up with: the English she used with me, which for lack of a better term might be described as “broken” ; and what I imagine to be her translation of her Chinese, her internal (内在的) language, and for that I sought to preserve the essence, but neither an English nor a Chinese structure. I wanted to catch what language ability tests can never show: her intention, her feelings, the rhythms of her speech and the nature of her thoughts.【小题1】. The author used to think of her mother’s English as   .A.impoliteB.amusing    C.imperfectD.practical【小题2】. Which of the following is TRUE according to Paragraph 3?A.Americans do not understand broken English.B.The author’s mother was not respected sometimes.C.The author’s mother had positive influence on her.D.Broken English always reflects imperfect thoughts.【小题3】 The author gradually realizes her mother’s English is   .A.well structuredB.in the old styleC.easy to translateD.rich in meaning【小题4】 What is the passage mainly about?A.The change of the author’s attitude to her mother’s English.B.The limitation of the author’s perception of her mother.C.The author’s misunderstanding of “limited” English.D.The author’s experiences of using broken English.
Once there was a poor farmer and his farm belonged to(属于) a rich man. One day he brought a basket of apples to the rich man’s house. On the doorsteps, he met two monkeys dressed like children. They jumped onto the basket to eat the apples and threw some on the ground. The farmer politely took off his hat and asked the monkeys to get off. They obeyed(服从) and the farmer went into the house. He asked to see the rich man. A servant took him to the room where the rich man was sitting."I have brought you the basket of apples you asked for," he said."But why have you brought a half-empty basket?" the rich man asked."I met your children outside, and they stole(偷) some of the apples."【小题1】 Why did the farmer bring apples to the rich man? BecauseA.he was poorB.he liked the rich manC.the rich man’s children liked applesD.his farm belonged to the rich man【小题2】 What did the monkeys do when the farmer was on the doorsteps?A.They jumped and jumped.B.They played.C.They ran away.D.They ate some of the apples.【小题3】. The monkeys left the basket becauseA.they had thrown apples on the groundB.the farmer had politely asked them to get offC.they were afraid of the hatD.the farmer was angry with them【小题4】. How did the rich man feel when he saw the basket?& He feltA.pleasedB.moved(感动)C.excitedD.unhappy
Most teens can't wait to learn to drive. Not so with me. Driving made me nervous. I didn't get a license until I turned 24 years old. As a result, when I first married, we only had one car and car pooled to work. My husband's hours were different from mine by one hour. I worked earlier. So he dropped me off and went to the diner to drink coffee until work time.Then, in the afternoons, I leisurely walked the three miles to his work place where I waited in his car, reading a book.One day while waiting for him, I noticed the most beautiful Cadillac pull in the lot. It was powder blue and sleek looking. The kind of car you dream about. I was busily admiring the car, when I noticed the driver. Honestly, she was probably the prettiest woman I had ever seen off the movie screen.She pulled into the spot beside our car and it was all I could do not to stare. There was a striking resemblance to Liz Taylor. Jet black hair and alabaster skin. Our eyes made contact and she smiled at me. Her eyes were as blue as the sea, and teeth like an even row of pearls. She was wearing a light blue shirt that just matched her car. Peeking through her long, softly curled hair I could see gold hoop earrings. They had to be gold to shine like that. A couple of minutes later, a nice looking man came out of the building, entered her car, leaned over and kissed her and she drove away.Sitting there in my jeans, shirt and hair in a pony tail, I wanted to cry. How could some people have it all?Maybe I would have forgotten about her, but the following week, I saw her again. Then it became almost routine to see her about once a week. She seemed friendly and always waved, flashing a big smile. My envy lingered long after she drove away.Many nights when sleep evaded me, I would think about the beautiful lady. I wondered if she and her husband ate out, and where they dined, and what she was wearing. I wanted her to get out of the car and let me see her full length. Did she wear really high heeled shoes and pants, or a skirt.I would get my answers in a couple of weeks.Sitting in our usual parking lot, I was holding my book, watching her over the top of it. She was waiting and when her husband came to the car, she called to him. They spoke a few words and he opened the car door for her to step out. He took her arm and helped her out of the car. I could see very well as she moved to get out. She was wearing a skirt.She haltingly walked around to the passenger side very slowly, leaning on a walking cane. Sitting sideways in the car, she lifted one leg with her hands and then the other one. The beautiful lady had a prosthesis on the left leg and a brace on the right leg. I couldn't watch them drive away as the tears were blinding me. For weeks I had envied this woman and her way of life, while I had been able to walk three miles to our car!When my husband arrived and found me crying, he immediately asked what was wrong. Through my tears, I told him about the beautiful lady. He said he knew her husband and also knew the story. The beautiful lady and her parents were in a car that either stalled or got caught on the railroad tracks and was hit by a train. Both parents were killed and she was severely injured. She was only 12 years old. The railroad made a large settlement with her because the crossing had no signals. He explained her car was specially built for her needs as well as the home.I prayed for forgiveness all the way home. The lady I thought had everything I didn't. I realized how lucky I was to have my parents, the ability to walk, run or dance through life and many wonderful things money can't buy. I would not have traded places with the beautiful lady for anythingWhen you meet a person who seems to be much better off than you, don't be fooled.【小题1】In the afternoons the woman walked three miles to her husband’s work place to___.A.take exercise on the wayB.meet the beautiful lady.C.enjoy the scenery and readingD.wait for her husband【小题2】After seeing the beautiful lady, the woman concluded_______.A.the beautiful lady led a rich and happy life.B.the beautiful lady liked to show off herself.C.she and her husband must make more money.D.she shouldn’t have married her husband.【小题3】 The woman prayed for forgiveness all the way home because_______.A.She should have known the whole story earlier.B.She shouldn’t have compared herself with the woman.C.She shouldn’t have told her husband what she had seen.D.She shouldn’t have seen the woman getting out of the car.【小题4】 Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?A.The woman learned that health and family are more important.B.The woman was poor and couldn’t afford another car and fancy clothes.C.The woman envied the beautiful lady of her capable husband.D.The woman regretted marrying her husband.【小题5】The underlined word “haltingly” probably means________.A.proudlyB.excitedlyC.difficultlyD.steadily【小题6】Which of the following do you think can be the best title of the passage?A.Seeing is believingB.Trust her heart instead of her lookC.Looks can be deceivingD.Fooled by her look
At the time, I would go out in the evening with my parents. But this time I had borrowed a bicycle from a friend of mine. I didn’t know why, but once I was on my own bicycle, a kind of free feeling flooded through me. The faster I rode, the faster I wanted to go! Far ahead, I rode as if my life depended on it, head down, hands grasping the handbars. I meant to get to Jinghai Bar as fast as I could. . . Oh! My hands! Don’t come any closer. . . Don’t touch me! That poor doctor just couldn’t get my gloves off. Each time he took a step towards me, I broke into painful shouting. Much later, I discovered that I had crashed(碰撞)heavily with another bicycle, and I hadn’t spoken one word of sense for at least three hours! After some time, my mother arrived at the hospital, her face as white as a sheet, and gave me a hug(拥抱), only then did the doctor begin to stitch(缝合)my head wound, not only did he merrily cut off a long lock of my hair, but used no anaesthetic(麻药)either! Later, I seemed to hear faraway voices saying that my right hand was broken. I almost burst into tears. How would I ever play the piano again? 【小题1】 On her way to Jinghai Bar, the writer felt    . A.nervousB.comfortableC.light-heartedD.upset【小题2】Why did the writer ride a bicycle to Jinghai Bar that evening? A.Because she wanted to attend a party on time. B.Because she wanted to meet her friend who was waiting for her there. C.Because she just wanted to join some of her friends and drink some wine. D.We are not quite sure about what she was really going there for.【小题3】What did the writer think of the doctor? A.Friendly. B.Cruel. C.Hard-working. D.Kind.【小题4】 One thing is sure, that is, before she was wounded she    . A.often went to Jinghai Bar with her friendsB.liked playing the pianoC.didn’t like any doctors at allD.would burst into tears when she was in trouble
题型:阅读理解【图文】外研版七年级下M3-U2_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
外研版七年级下M3-U2
上传于||暂无简介
大小:5.78MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢2013 外研版英语七年级下册 M3 U2_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!