题干不清,无法作答。
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁跪求英文小故事 大概5分钟左右中英对照
qtQJ87QE89
Color The RainbowHi,I'm Freda Frog.Help me guess the colors in the rainbow.Here is my cap,I wear upon my head.I can guess its color...It is RED!Here is a pumpkin,sitting in the sun.I can guess its color...It's an ORANGE one!Here is a little duckling,a funny little fellow.I can guess its color...It is YELLOW!Here is my dinner,yucky lima beans,I can guess its color...They are GREEN!Here is a beach ball,shiny and new.I can guess its color...It is bule!Here is a lollipop,a small,sticky circle,I can guess its color...It is PURPlE!Great job.Thanks for helping me!
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
One day, the teacher inquired of Peter :" How much is four minus four ?" Peter was tongue-tied.The teacher
got angry and said :"What a fool! You see ,if I put four
coins in your pocket, but there is a hole in your pocket , and all of them leak out ,now what is left in your pocket ?" "The hole ." replied Peter .
One day, the teacher inquired of Peter :" How much is four minus four ?" Peter was tongue-tied.The teacher
got angry and said :"What a fool! You see ,if I put four
coins in your pocket, but the...
扫描下载二维码求一篇英文小故事 40-50词左右
您好,参照本人之前的回答,希望你喜欢:A Girl Just Like Mother No matter which girl he brought home, the young man found disapproval from his mother. A friend gave him advice. “Find a girl just like your mother—then she's bound to like her. So the young man searched and searched, and finally found the girl.He told his friendly adviser: “Just like you said, I found a girl who looked,talked,dressed, and even cooked like mother.And just as you said,mother liked her” “So,”asked the friend,“what happened?” “Nothing,”said the young man.“My father hates her!” 37.和母亲一样的女孩 无论带哪一个女孩回家,这位青年人总会遭到母亲的反对.一位朋友劝他说: “找一个和你母亲一样的女孩——那她一定会喜欢她.” 于是这位青年人不停地找啊找,终于找到了这么个女孩. 他对他友好的忠告者说: “正像你说的那样,我找到一个长相、谈吐、穿着打扮,甚至连烹饪都和我母亲一样的女孩.也正像你说的那样,我母亲喜欢她.” “那后来呢?”朋友问. “没什么,”青年人说.“我父亲讨厌她!” What Is a Traitor? Young hopeful:“Father,what is a traitor in politics?” Father(a veteran politician):“A traitor is a man who leaves our party and goes over to the other one.” Young hopeful:“Well then,what is a man who leaves his party and comes over to yours?” Father:“A convert,my son.” 36.什么叫叛徒? 有希望的青年人:“父亲,什么叫政治叛徒?” 父亲(一位老资格的政治家):“叛徒指的是离开我们党而加入到另一个党的人.” 有希望的青年人:“那么,离开他的党而加入到我们党的人又叫什么呢?” 父亲:“叫改变信仰者.我的儿子.” Stray Thoughts Of an Idler He who sleeps catches no fish,—but he who keeps awake catches crabs every moment of his life. All professions can yield a man enough to live on,—except professions of faith. When attending the performance of some modern operas,it has struck me that the conductor was only beating time because he could not beat the composer. If in the sight of the law all men are equal, Heaven save us from getting into its sight. When you want to get rid of a dog, you take off his collar;—when the king wants to get rid of a minister, he give shim the collar—of the Order of the Annunziata. The place where they ruin people's voices, and throw aside all the canons of art,is called the Conservatoire;and a hospital full of sick peopk is called a“house of health”(Casadi Salute). Among the many motives which induce me to stay away from the theatre is the utter absence of all motive in modernoperas. How many old phrases are required to make a new electoral programme! All musical notes may express cheerful ideas; it is only thenotes of creditors which arouse none but melancholy reflections. I entered the shop of a pork butcher at the moment when his son, aged eight, was returning from school. The poor boy was weeping bitterly. “The old story!”exclaimed his parent ;“I suppose you did not learn your lessons, and the master called you an ass, as you deserved!” “Yes!” replied the child, sobbing,“he did call me an ass,—and then—” “Well,—and then —what else?” “He said,‘well, after all, it is no wonder—like father,like son!’” “Did he,indeed?the animal!”exclaimed the porkbutcher.“And to think that perhaps he has not yet eaten the whole of those two sausages I sent him at Christmas!” 39.闲人遐思 “眠者不得鱼”——但醒者一生时时刻刻捕到的却是螃蟹. 各种职业都可赖以为生——除了信仰的宣言. 观看某些现代歌剧演出时,我忽然悟到,指挥之所以仅仅只是打拍子,是因为他打不着作曲者. 上天保佑我们别进入法律的视界,即使在法律看来人人平等. 你不想要某条狗了,就取下它的领圈——当国王想摆脱某大臣,就给他戴上领饰——圣母玛丽亚荣誉骑士团的领饰①. 毁坏人们的噪音并抛弃一切艺术法规的地方叫作音乐学校(Conservatoire);住满病人的医院则被称为“健康之屋”(Casa di Salute). 种种动机促使我躲开剧院,其中之一就是因为现代歌剧完全没有主题②. 得用多少老词儿,才能编一套新的选举纲领! 所有的音符都能表达欢乐的思想;唯独债权人的信函③唤起的全是忧愁的念头. 我走进杀猪屠夫的铺子,他八岁的儿子正好放学回家. 那可怜的孩子哭得好伤心. “准又是老事重演!”他父亲吼道,“我想一定是你没记住功课,老师骂你是蠢驴来着,你也就配挨骂!” “不错,”孩子回答,一边抽泣着,“他确实叫我蠢驴来着,—然后—” “然后——还有什么?” “他说,‘说来倒也不奇怪——有其父必有其子.’” “他真这么说了?那个畜生!”杀猪的大喊,“而且想想看,我过圣诞送他的整整两大根肉肠只怕还并没吃完呢!” A Useful Lesson In England nobody under the age of eighteen is allowed to drink in a public bar. Mr. Thompson used to go to a bar near his house quite often,but he never took his son,Tom,because he was too young. Then when Tom had his eighteenth birthday, Mr.Thompson took him to his usual bar for the first time.They drank for half an hour, and then Mr.Thompson said to his son,“Now, Tom,I want to teach you a useful lesson.You must always be careful not to drink too much. And how do you know when you've had enough? Well, I'll tell you.Do you see those two lights at the end of the bar? When they seem to have become four,you've had enough and should go home.” “But, Dad,” said Tom,“I can only see one light at the end of the bar.” 40.有益的教训 在英国,十八岁以下的人不准进酒吧喝酒. 汤普森先生以前常常去他家附近的一个酒吧喝酒,但他从来不带他的儿子汤姆去,因为他年纪太小.后来,当汤姆年满十八岁的时候,汤普森先生第一次带他去他常去的那家酒吧.他们喝了半个小时,而后,汤普森先生对他儿子说:“汤姆,现在我要告诉你一个有益的教训.你必须时时小心不要喝得太多.你怎么知道你喝够了呢?好,我来告诉你.你看见酒吧那头有两盏灯吗?当那两盏灯看起来变成四盏的时候,你就喝够了,应该回家了. “可是,爸爸.”汤姆说:“在酒吧那头我只能看见一盏灯.” The Country Squire In a small pretty village in Notting ham shire there formerly lived a respectable Squire, who excelled all his friends in amusements athletic, and whose manner of living was far from ascetic. A wife he had taken for better or worse, whose temper had proved an intolerant curse;but at length, to his great and unspeakable joy, she died when presenting a fine little boy.Strange fancies men have;—the father designed to watch o’er the dawn of his son's youthful mind,—that,only approached by the masculine gender, no room should be left him for feelings more tender.“Had I ne’er seen a woman,” he often would sigh,“What Squire in the country so happy as I!” The boy was intelligent, active, and bright, and took in his studies uncommon delight;no juvenile follies distracted his mind; no visions of bright eyes, or damsels unkind, and those fair demisisterly beings so gay, yclept“pretty cousins, ne’erpopped in his way; till at length this remarkably singular son could number of years that had passed twenty one.” Now the father had settled, his promising son should his studies conclude when he reached twenty one;and he went,with a heart beating high with emotion, to launch the young man on life's turbulent ocean.As they entered the town,a young maiden tripped by, with a cheek like a rose, and a lightlaughing eye.“O father, what's that?” cried the youth with delight, as this vision of loveliness burst on his sight.“O,that,” cried the cautious and politic Squire, who did not they outh's ardent glances admire,“is only a thing called a Goose,my dear son ;we shall see many more ere our visit is done.” Blooming damsels now passed with their butter and cheese,whose beauty might even an anchorite please:“Merelygeese!” said the Squire,“don't mind them,my dear;thereare many things better worth looking at here.” As onwards they passed, every step brought to view some spectacle equally curious and new;and the joy of the youth hardly knew any bounds, at the roped ancers, tumblers, and merry gorounds. As soon as the tour of the town was completed, the fatherre solved that the boy should be treated; so, pausing an instant,he said,“My dear son, a new era today in your life has begun;now of all this bright scene and the gayeties in it,choose whatever you like,it is yours from this minute.”“Choose whatever I like?” cried the jouthful recluse.“O, thank you,dear father, then give me—a goose!” 38.乡绅 从前,在诺丁汉郡的一个美丽的小村庄里住着一位可敬的绅士.他玩起体育竞技游戏来比所有的朋友都高强,过的日子绝不是苦行僧式的.不管是福是祸,他娶了个妻.结果她脾气奇坏,成了个难以忍受的灾星.终于,她在产下一玲珑佳儿后死去,乡绅先生的万分欣喜自是不可言传.人不时会突发奇想.这位父亲决定亲自督察儿子年幼的头脑的启蒙,务必使他接触的都是男性,绝不留下余地萌生更温柔的感情.“倘我从不曾见过女人,”他常常叹息道,“全国的乡绅里谁人能有我快活!”那男孩聪明、活泼而又通达事理,异常地喜欢学习.从不因小孩子的胡闹而分心;从没有明亮的眸子,或狠心的小妞,或被谓之“妩媚表亲”、半似姐妹的放肆尤物突然出现在他面前.到最后,这位非同寻常、出类拔萃的儿子终于度过了21个年头. 父亲决定,他的前途无量的儿子在21岁时应该结束学业.于是他满心激动地带领年轻人启航进入汹涌的人生之海.当他们进城时,正有一少女款款经过,腮如玫瑰,眼笑流波.“哦,父亲,那是什么?”当那可爱身影闯入他的眼帘时,年轻人快乐地喊道.“噢,那个,”谨慎而讲究谋略的乡绅根本不赞赏儿子热烈的目光,于是大声说,“不过区区一笨鹅而已,我亲爱的孩子,我们一路还会见到很多的.” 携奶油乳酪的如花少女络绎而过,就是隐士也会被她们的美丽打动.“不过是些笨鹅!”乡绅道,“我儿不必放在心上,此间有许多事物更值得一观呢.”他们继续前行,每一步都见到同样新奇有趣的景象,年轻人看到走绳索的,翻斤斗的,和旋转木马等等,其乐也无穷. 小城之行一结束,父亲就决定要款待儿子.于是,他停顿片刻后说,“我亲爱的儿子,今日起你的生活开始了一个新的时期.现在,在所有这眩目景象及种种赏心乐事中,选出你最喜爱的,你立刻就能得到它.”“由我任意选择?”年轻的隐居者大叫,“啊,谢谢你了,父亲,那就给我一只笨鹅吧!”
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
什么类型的故事???留下邮箱
扫描下载二维码请求一篇中国历史故事!要英文!六十字左右!急用!!!_百度知道
请求一篇中国历史故事!要英文!六十字左右!急用!!!
我有更好的答案
《孟母三迁》
《encius's mother》
Mencius when young, live near the grave. Mencius often like others funeral play.The mother sees this scene, said: &this place is not suitable to settle the son.&Then he took Mencius moved to live near the market. However, Mencius and playbusinessman sale. The mother said: &here is not suitable to settle my son &.Then moved to college next to live. Mencius to advance and retreat towards the church rules as their own game. At this time, the mother said: &this is my son'splace for settle.& So he settled down. Wait until the Mencius grow up, learn theArts (rites, music, archery, book number,,), eventually become saints....
The Han Dynasty there was a man named Sun Jing, childhood studious, he learned late at night every night, in order to avoid Fakun, with one end of the rope tied columns hair, tied on the beam. During the Warring States period, a man called Su Qin,want to do a big business, and study hard. Whenever the nightreading, he always loved nap. So, he in his sleep, with an awlstab to the thigh, to mention the spirit.
Chen Ping of the Western Han Dynasty and study hard &Chen Ping name, poverty is low, and brother together, in order to uphold his father, menting honor, not production, study behind closed doors, but not by law, in order to eliminate her contradiction, face repeatedly humiliated, forbear from, as the eldest sister-in-law become aggravated, finally unbearable, home away from home, to rove all over the world, is brother to recover, and forgive, brother Hugh 's resistance, in the local pass from mouth to mouth with approbation. One old, come to lectures, free Shoutu, after graduation, to assist Liu Bang, a lot of achievements management.
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
中国历史故事的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁急求一则浪漫的小故事.要英文的,最好有翻译.翻译成英文大概100~200个词左右_百度知道
急求一则浪漫的小故事.要英文的,最好有翻译.翻译成英文大概100~200个词左右
【呃,再短的我也找不到……浪漫的话很难三言两语说完的,凑活一下,自己缩一缩吧】
The Romance of a Busy Broker证券经纪人的浪漫故事Pitcher, confidential clerk in the office of Harvey Maxwell, broker, allowed a look of mild interest and surprise to visit his usually expressionless countenance when his employer briskly entered at half past nine in company with his young lady stenographer. With a snappy Good-morning, Pitcher, Maxwell dashed at his desk as though he were intending to leap over it, and then plunged into the great heap of letters and telegrams waiting there for him.The young lady had been Maxwell's stenographer for a year. She was beautiful in a way that was decidedly un畅笭扳蝗殖豪帮通爆坤stenographic. She forewent the pomp of the alluring pompadour. She wore no chains, bracelets or lockets. She had not the air of being about to accept an invitation to luncheon. Her dress was grey and plain, but it fitted her figure with fidelity and discretion. In her neat black turban hat was the gold-green wing of a macaw. On this morning she was softly and shyly radiant. Her eyes were dreamily bright, her cheeks genuine peachblow, her expression a happy one, tinged with reminiscence.Pitcher, still mildly curious, noticed a difference in her ways this morning. Instead of going straight into the adjoining room, where her desk was, she lingered, slightly irresolute, in the outer office. Once she moved over by Maxwell's desk, near enough for him to be aware of her presence.The machine sitting at that desk it was a busy New York broker, moved by buzzing wheels and uncoiling springs.Well--what is it Anything asked Maxwell sharply. His opened mail lay like a bank of stage snow on his crowded desk. His keen grey eye, impersonal and brusque, flashed upon her half impatiently.Nothing, answered the stenographer, moving away with a little smile.Mr. Pitcher, she said to the confidential clerk, did Mr. Maxwell say anything yesterday about engaging another stenographerHe did, answered Pitcher. He told me to get another one. I notified the agency yesterday afternoon to send over a few samples this morning. It's 9.45 o'clock, and not a single picture hat or piece of pineapple chewing gum has showed up yet.I will do the work as usual, then, said the young lady, until some one comes to fill the place. And she went to her desk at once and hung the black turban hat with the gold-green macaw wing in its accustomed place.He who has been denied the spectacle of a busy Manhattan broker during a rush of business is handicapped for the profession of anthropology. The poet sings of the crowded hour of glorious life. The broker's hour is not only crowded, but the minutes and seconds are hanging to all the straps and packing both front and rear platforms.And this day was Harvey Maxwell's busy day. The ticker began to reel out jerkily its fitful coils of tape, the desk telephone had a chronic attack of buzzing. Men began to throng into the office and call at him over the railing, jovially, sharply, viciously, excitedly. Messenger boys ran in and out with messages and telegrams. The clerks in the office jumped about like sailors during a storm. Even Pitcher's face relaxed into something resembling animation.On the Exchange there were hurricanes and landslides and snowstorms and glaciers and volcanoes, and those elemental disturbances were reproduced in miniature in the broker's offices. Maxwell shoved his chair against the wall and transacted business after the manner of a toe dancer. He jumped from ticker to 'phone, from desk to door with the trained agility of a harlequin.In the midst of this growing and important stress the broker became suddenly aware of a high-rolled fringe of golden hair under a nodding canopy of velvet and ostrich tips, an imitation sealskin sacque and a string of beads as large as hickory nuts, ending near the floor with a silver heart. There was a self-possessed young lady connected wi and Pitcher was there to construe her.Lady from the Stenographer's Agency to see about the position, said Pitcher.Maxwell turned half around, with his hands full of papers and ticker tape.What position he asked, with a frown.Position of stenographer, said Pitcher. You told me yesterday to call them up and have one sent over this morning.You are losing your mind, Pitcher, said Maxwell. Why should I have given you any such instructions Miss Leslie has given perfect satisfaction during the year she has been here. The place is hers as long as she chooses to retain it. There's no place open here, madam. Countermand that order with the agency, Pitcher, and don't bring any more of 'em in here.The silver heart left the office, swinging and banging itself independently against the office furniture as it indignantly departed. Pitcher seized a moment to remark to the bookkeeper that the old man seemed to get more absent-minded and forgetful every day of the world.The rush and pace of business grew fiercer and faster. On the floor they were pounding half a dozen stocks in which Maxwell's customers were heavy investors. Orders to buy and sell were coming and going as swift as the flight of swallows. Some of his own holdings were imperilled, and the man was working like some high-geared, delicate, strong machine--strung to full tension, going at full speed, accurate, never hesitating, with the proper word and decision and act ready and prompt as clockwork. Stocks and bonds, loans and mortgages, margins and securities--here was a world of finance, and there was no room in it for the human world or the world of nature.When the luncheon hour drew near there came a slight lull in the uproar.Maxwell stood by his desk with his hands full of telegrams and memoranda, with a fountain pen over his right ear and his hair hanging in disorderly strings over his forehead. His window was open, for the beloved janitress Spring had turned on a little warmth through the waking registers of the earth.And through the window came a wandering--perhaps a lost--odour--a delicate, sweet odour of lilac that fixed the broker for a moment immovable. For this odour belonged to Miss L it was her own, and hers only.The odour brought her vividly, almost tangibly before him. The world of finance dwindled suddenly to a speck. And she was in the next room--twenty steps away.By George, I'll do it now, said Maxwell, half aloud. I'll ask her now. I wonder I didn't do it long ago.He dashed into the inner office with the haste of a short trying to cover. He charged upon the desk of the stenographer.She looked up at him with a smile. A soft pink crept over her cheek, and her eyes were kind and frank. Maxwell leaned one elbow on her desk. He still clutched fluttering papers with both hands and the pen was above his ear.Miss Leslie, he began hurriedly, I have but a moment to spare. I want to say something in that moment. Will you he my wife I haven't had time to make love to you in the ordinary way, but I really do love you. Talk quick, please--those fellows are clubbing the stuffing out of Union Pacific.Oh, what are you talking about exclaimed the young lady. She rose to her feet and gazed upon him, round-eyed.Don't you understand said Maxwell, restively. I want you to marry me. I love you, Miss Leslie. I wanted to tell you, and I snatched a minute when things had slackened up a bit. They're calling me for the 'phone now. Tell 'em to wait a minute, Pitcher. Won't you, Miss LeslieThe stenographer acted very queerly. At first she seemed ove then tears flowed fro and then she smiled sunnily through them, and one of her arms slid tenderly about the broker's neck.I know now, she said, softly. It's this old business that has driven everything else out of your head for the time. I was frightened at first. Don't you remember, Harvey We were married last evening at 8 o'clock in the Little Church Around the Corner.证券经纪人哈维·马克斯韦尔于九点半在年轻女速记员陪同下步履轻快地来到办公室。机要秘书皮彻那通常毫无表情的面孔不禁露出一丝好奇和诧异。马克斯韦尔只随口道了声“早上好”,便径直奔向办公桌,匆忙得好像想一步跨过桌面,随后就一头扎进一大堆等着他处理的信件和电报。
年轻女郎给马克斯韦尔当速记员已经有一年。她异常秀美动人,绝非速记员草草几笔所能简单描述。她不愿采用华丽诱人的庞巴杜式发型,不戴项链、手镯或鸡心。她脸上没有随时准备受邀外出进餐的神气。她的灰色衣服素净朴实,但却生动勾勒出她的身材而不失典雅。她那顶精巧的黑色无边帽上插了根艳绿色金刚鹦鹉毛。今天早上,她春风飘逸,温柔而羞涩。她的眼睛流波瞑瞑,双颊桃红妖娆,满面乐融,又略带一丝回味。
好奇之余,皮彻发现今天她的举止也有点儿异样。她没有直接到放有她办公桌的里间办公室去,而是滞留在外间办公室,有点儿拿不定主意似的。她慢慢蹭到马克斯韦尔桌边,离他很近,足以让他意识到她的存在。
坐在办公桌前的他已经不再是个常人,而是一个繁忙的纽约证券经纪人,一架完全受嗡嗡作响的轮子和张开的弹簧所驱动的机器。
“嘿,怎么啦?有事?”马克斯韦尔问,语气尖刻。那些拆开的邮件堆了满满一桌,就像演戏用的假雪。他那锐利的灰蓝色眼睛,毫无人情味儿,严厉粗暴,不耐烦地盯着她。
“没什么,”速记员回答说,然后微笑着走开了。
“皮彻先生,”她问机要秘书,“马克斯韦尔先生昨天提没提过另外雇一名速记员的事?”
“提过,”皮彻说。“他吩咐我另外找一个。昨天下午我已通知职业介绍所,让他们今天上午送几个来面试。现在已经九点四十五了,可还没有哪个戴阔边帽或嚼波萝口香糖的人露面哩。”
“那我还是照常工作好啦,”年轻女郎说,“等有人替补再说。”说完她马上走到自己的办公桌边,在老地方挂起那顶插有金刚鹦鹉毛的黑色无边帽。
谁无缘目睹曼哈顿经纪人在生意高峰时刻那股紧张劲儿,谁搞人类学研究就有极大缺陷。有诗人赞颂“绚丽生活中的拥挤时辰”。证券经纪人不仅时辰拥挤,他的分分秒秒都是挤得满满当当的,像是前后站台都挤满乘客的车厢里的拉手吊带,每根都被拉得紧绷绷的。
今天又正是哈维·马克斯韦尔的大忙天。行情收录器的滚轴开始瑟瑟卷动,忽停忽动地吐出卷纸,桌上的电话像害了慢性病似的响个不停。人们开始涌入办公室,隔着扶手栏杆朝他大喊大叫,有的欣喜若狂,有的横眉竖眼,有的恶意满怀,有的激动不已。信童拿着信件和电报跑进跑出。办公室的职员们忙得跳来跳去,就像与风暴搏斗的水手。连皮彻的脸也舒张开来,显得生机勃勃。
证券交易所里风云变幻,飓风、山崩、雪暴、冰川、火山瞬息交替;这些自然力的剧动以微观形式在经纪人办公室中再现。马克斯韦尔把椅子掀到墙边,如踢跶舞演员般敏捷地处理业务,时而从自动收录器跳向电话,时而从桌前跳到门口,其灵活不亚于受过专门训练的滑稽丑角。
经纪人全神致力于这堆越来越多但又十分重要的事务之中,这时他突然注意到一头高高卷起的金发,上面是顶微微抖动的鹅绒帽和鸵毛羽饰;一件人造海豹皮短大衣,一串大如山核桃的珠子垂近地板,尾端还吊了一个银鸡心。这一大套装饰物与一个沉着镇定的年轻女子相关联。皮彻正准备引荐她,替她作解释。
“这位小姐从速记员介绍所来,说招聘的事。”
马克斯韦尔侧过身子,手上捏了一把文件和行情纸带。
“招聘什么?”他皱起眉头问。
“速记员,”皮彻说。“昨天你叫我打电话,让他们今天上午送一个过来。”
“你搞糊涂了吧?”马克斯韦尔说。“我干吗给你下这个命令?莱丝丽这一年工作表现十全十美。只要她愿意,这份工作就是她的。小姐,这儿没有空缺。皮彻,通知事务所,取消要人申请,叫他们别再送人过来。”
银鸡心离开了办公室。一路上她愤愤不平,大摇大摆,把桌椅沙发碰得乒乒乓乓。皮彻忙中偷闲给簿记员说,“老太爷”一天比一天心不在焉,多事健忘。
业务处理越来越紧张,节奏越来越快。在交易所马克斯韦尔的顾客投资巨额的六七种股票正在暴跌。收进和抛出的单据来来去去,疾如燕飞。有些他本人持有的股票也处于危险之中。经纪人工作起来就像一架高速运转、精密复杂、强壮有力的机器——绷紧到最大限度,运转至最快速度,精确无误,坚决果断,措词贴切而决策恰当,行动时机的选择如时钟般准确无误。股票,证券,贷款,抵押,保证金,债券——这是一个金融世界,人际感情或自然本性在这里毫无落脚之地。
午餐时间逐渐临近,喧嚣之中慢慢出现片刻暂息。
马克斯韦尔站在办公桌边,手上捏满了电报和备忘录,右耳上夹了支钢笔,几撮头发零乱地披在脑门上。窗户敞开着,因为亲爱的女门房——春——已经打开苏醒大地的暖气管,送来一丝暖意。
通过窗户飘来一丝悠悠——也许是失散——的香气。这是紫丁香幽微、甜美的芳菲。刹那间,经纪人给怔住了。因为这香气属于莱丝丽小姐;这是她本人的气息,她独有的气息。
芳香在他心中唤出她的容貌,栩栩如生,几乎伸手可及。
金融世界转瞬间缩成一点。而她就在隔壁房间,仅二十步之遥。
“天哪,我现在就得去,”马克斯韦尔压低嗓子说。“我现在就去跟她说。怎么我没早点儿想起?”
他箭步冲进里间办公室,像个卖空头的人急于补足那样急不可耐。他对直冲向速记员的办公桌。
她抬起头,笑盈盈地看着他,服上泛出淡淡红晕,眼睛里闪动着温柔和坦率。马克斯韦尔一支胳膊撑在桌上,手上依然握满了文件,耳朵上还夹着那支钢笔。
“莱丝丽小姐,”他仓仓促促地说,“我只能呆一小会儿,趁这个时候给你说件事。你愿意做我的妻子吗?我没时间以常人的方式向你求爱,但我确确实实爱你。请快回答我。那些人又在抢购太平洋联合公司的股票罗。”
“喔,你在说什么呀?”年轻女郎惊诧不已。她站起身,直愣愣地看着他,眼睛瞪得圆圆的。
“你不懂?”马克斯韦尔倔头倔脑地说。“我要你嫁给我。我爱你,莱丝丽小姐。我早就想告诉你,手头的事情稍微松些后,我才瞅空过来。又有人在打电话找我。皮彻,叫他们等一下。答应我吗,莱丝丽小姐?”
速记员的神态叫人莫名其妙。起初,她好像惊愕万分;继而,泪水又涌出她迷惘的眼睛;其后,泪眼又发出欢笑的光芒;最后,她又柔情地搂住经纪人的脖子。
“现在我懂了,”她亲切地说。“是这生意让你忘记了一切。刚才我还吓了一大跳。哈维,不记得了吗?昨天晚上八点,我们已经在街上拐角处的小教堂结过婚了。”
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他1条回答
虽然不太好但请你笑纳:
Boys and girls are classmates, as in a secondary health school, but at the same table, from first grade to establish a relationship, secondary school for three years, one year internship relationship is very stable, the boy, though not perfect, However, the girl is his only loved one. After graduation, should be faced with the marriage, and one year after graduation, the boy to the girl's home, but, obviously felt the girl's strong resistance family, the girl's family fairly well-off, revealing the words in the word outside, Arrangements for the family to work for girls, do you? Do not affect our daughter's happiness. Unpreceden...
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁

我要回帖

更多关于 两分钟左右的英文故事 的文章

随机推荐