all good things歌词 are expensive是什么意思

Hong Kong Disneyland Tips | Hong Kong with Kids
Tips for Visiting Hong Kong Disneyland
La Jolla Mom
La Jolla Mom
Shares 3KIf you’re visiting , you must take them to .
It’s far less stressful than other Disney parks around the world, therefore, I always seem to enjoy myself, too.
Though you can spend a full day there, just a morning or afternoon is OK as well because it’s fairly small in comparison and easy to navigate.
In fact, it’s so easy to get to from Central Hong Kong or Kowloon, that I would recommend going one day in the morning and on another in the afternoon/evening (to see the Fireworks), if you have younger kids.
Having lived in Hong Kong and visited the park many times, here is some further advice if you plan on going.
Table of Contents
Important Cultural Differences
Visitors are primarily from mainland China with Hong Kong (Hong Kong is not a part of mainland China) residents sprinkled in.
The ratio of adults to kids is much higher in comparison to US parks.
It’s the only Disneyland in China, until Shanghai opens in 2015, and it’s a big deal for all ages.
Be aware that if your child has light coloring, they will receive a lot of attention.
I suspect that this will diminish over time as more Chinese travel abroad, however, it was still in full effect when I was there a few weeks ago.
My daughter is strawberry blonde with pale white skin and blue eyes (opposite everything of me).
She is stopped constantly by very nice mainland Chinese who compliment her features.
My Mandarin is limited but I know simple words and can catch the gist of what they’re saying. In my experience, they have all been extraordinarily nice.
Many don’t see many children in real life that look like this unless they travel abroad. It’s the same reason why my 6+ husband was photographed non-stop when we were walking the Great Wall. Take it as the compliment it’s meant to be. Sometimes they may ask to photograph their children with yours. Shake your head no and smile, if it bothers you.
Here is my daughter in her Cinderella outfit from her dress-up session at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel’s .
Her features plus this outfit made her an enormous tourist attraction.
Kids come to the park in costume, however, be mindful that it can be very hot in Hong Kong depending on the time of year you go. Bring sunscreen and bug spray, if you’re going in warm weather months.
Line cutting:
In complete converse to the polite behavior I mentioned above, some mainland Chinese practice regular line cutting. This has always made me crazy. It’s such a bold maneuver that you almost can’t believe that it’s happening.
In most cases, there’s nothing you can do about it. I was in line with a German woman who just completely lost it and started screaming at a family that was pushing their way forward in the line. They ignored her, as did most of the other people in line. It’s just something that happens.
My advice is to just be sure to hold your place in line and use forceful body language. If you provide a gap that someone can sneak through, they just might.
Hong Kong Disneyland Rides
Not as many as Disneyland:
Have a look at the
before you go.
You’ll notice that in comparison to other parks, it’s small and has far fewer rides. There is no Haunted House or Pirates of the Caribbean.
Space Mountain is the only roller coaster option at Hong Kong Disneyland. Despite my better judgement, my 4-year-old daughter insisted on going.
They have a strict height requirement and since she’s very tall for her age, she passed. And then she hated it.
It’s a much faster ride than I remembered.
Fantasyland has It’s a Small World with an expected heavier emphasis on the Asian countries and a relatively fast-moving line.
Fast Pass:
A few rides have a
option where you insert your ticket to receive a time to return, in a special expedited line.
On crowded days, there will still be a wait even with a Fast Pass.
Line wait times:
If you’re used to Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll find the normal wait times at Hong Kong Disneyland a breeze.
Even during Easter week, when it was “crowded,” a wait for Dumbo, one of the most popular rides, was 25 minutes. I’ve waited in hour lines at other parks. On a weekday, non peak, expect that wait to be cut in half, if there is even a wait at all.
Leaving your stroller while you ride:
I have a Bugaboo and have never had an issue with leaving my stroller anywhere in Hong Kong Disneyland while I went on a ride.
I never leave anything valuable in it.
Of course, do this at your own risk. If you’re worried, you can rent a stroller there. The staff is very nice and also hands out tons of stickers or character playing cards to kids they see.
Disney Characters:
They do a good job of outlining where and at what time the characters will be out greeting.
However, they take simultaneous breaks every 20 minutes or so. I understand this, but find it aggravating.
The breaks are about 5-10 minutes, though I never timed them exactly. We have best luck at Fantasy Gardens (which some days opens at noon) versus getting stuck in uber-long lines on Main Street.
Food Options at Hong Kong Disneyland
Western Food:
If you’re expecting burgers and fries all over the park, think again.
You can find a hamburger at the Starlight Diner in Tomorrowland.
However, it’s been altered for Asian consumption.
Instead of a pickle, it’s a cucumber and it’s heavy on the mayonnaise. Be a good tourist and roll with it, because you’ll have a tough time asking for a custom order.
You can buy chicken salad or smoked salmon prepackaged sandwiches on Main Street, midway down the straight part. Right next to that is outdoor vendor that sells delicious looking Western waffles in the shape of Mickey Mouse and huge turkey drumsticks that are pretty good.
One thing my husband and I marvel at is the prevalence of corn on the cob everywhere.
It’s a heck of a lot healthier than say, buttered popcorn, but it’s funny (to us) to see it all over the park on the snack carts.
My daughter happily eats it.
It has a little salt and butter, but not too much.
That’s corn below at the snack cart.
Chinese food:
This is obviously everywhere, and to be honest, it’s pretty good for Chinese fast food.
However, it can be a little heavy on the MSG, if you’re sensitive to that.
Just be mindful.
Bottled water, sodas and cold Chinese teas are everywhere. There is no booze.
Ticket Pricing
It’s inexpensive, relatively speaking.
Day passes:
Adults are $350 HKD ($45 USD) and children are $250 HKD ($32 USD).
Annual Passes: These are available to all guests, regardless of what country you live in.
There are various levels. We bought the basic Red Magic Access Pass and got our money’s worth. Adults are $650 HKD ($83 USD) and children are $460 HKD ($59 USD).
Basically, go twice and that’s all you need.
The Red Magic Access pass has a few blackout dates that you’ll need to check.
It also gives you 5% off at most food outlets and shops within the park.
On certain days you’ll even be able to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
are more suitable for Hong Kong residents, but it’s worth comparing the options.
Getting to Hong Kong Disneyland
From Central Hong Kong:
It’s so easy.
You can buy your Magic Access pass online and pick it up at the ticket booth at the Central MTR station.
The easiest way to access this ticket booth is via the IFC mall escalator, going down near McDonalds.
Unfortunately, the elevators don’t stop there.
However, you’re going to have to master escalators and stairs with a stroller if you’re trying to navigate Central Hong Kong.
You’ll need an MTR ticket to get from Central to the Disneyland Resort Station.
I wish I could remember the price but it’s VERY inexpensive.
Take the Tung Chung line to Sunny Bay (all trains from Central are headed in the same direction) and switch to the Disney Resort Line.
It’s very easy and can be done with a stroller.
Other MTR trains can navigate you to Sunny Bay and then the Disney Resort Line. Just check the map. It’s an easy subway system to understand with plenty of English signage. The trains “speak” in English too. And they’re clean, probably because you’re not supposed to eat or drink on them.
By Taxi from Central:
Don’t do it, if you don’t have to, because Hong Kong traffic can be brutal. However, I took a taxi mid week from the Disneyland Hotel to Central Hong Kong. It cost about $150 HKD (about $19 USD) and we hit no traffic. This is rare.
From the Airport:
Even though the airport is on Lantau Island, it takes about 20 minutes or so with no traffic to get to Hong Kong Disneyland and cost us $100 HKD plus an extra $5 HKD per bag. Be sure to take a blue Lantau taxi. Red taxis go to Central, Kowloon and a few other parts of Hong Kong. Green taxis go to the New Territories.
I’m biased, having lived in Hong Kong and it’s still one of my favorite cities in the world, but I just think there is something magical about taking my daughter to a Disney park outside the US. She played in line with other kids that love Disney Princesses as much as she does, even though they don’t speak the same language. It’s beyond cool to watch. We have also visited
and . Disneyland Paris is next.
We usually stay at the
as both are kid-friendly and well-located in Central, but Hong Kong is full of wonderful hotels.
Have any other questions?
Just ask me.
Photo credit: Hong Kong Disneyland (characters are in Chinese New Year costumes)
Related Posts
More Stories用所给的动词以适当形式填空1、The things on the shelf are expensive.Most of them ___ (cost) more than 300 yuan.2、-What 's your plan tomorrow evening?-I___(watch) the fantastic movie Avatar.3、We are _____(hear from) your good news.
vdgvgfng00FA5
will watch
hearimg from
为什么最后那里用“hearing"? 可不可用过去分词”heard“?
不能,你用heard表示被动了,用hearing表示我们期待着你的好消息,表示将来。