你可能喜欢2015年牛津译林版高中英语必修一课件:Unit 3 Looking good-feeling good Reading(1)_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
&购买后可评价
您可以上传图片描述问题
联系电话:
请填写真实有效的信息,以便工作人员联系您,我们为您严格保密。
2015年牛津译林版高中英语必修一课件:Unit 3 Looking good-feeling good Reading(1)
||暂无简介
总评分4.2|
浏览量1041847
大小:37页
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢【备考2014】(江苏专用)2013版高中英语 阶段评估检测(一) 译林牛津版必修1_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
【备考2014】(江苏专用)2013版高中英语 阶段评估检测(一) 译林牛津版必修1
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩22页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢高中英语 模块一Unit1学案 译林牛津版必修1_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
高中英语 模块一Unit1学案 译林牛津版必修1
||文档简介
总评分4.0|
浏览量8357980
&&有​效​,​简​洁
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩12页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:3272套总数:5582012套专访:3136部会员:294765位
当前位置:
& 学年高中英语课时作业必修一:Unit2《Growingpains》综合检测(二)Word版含答案(译林版)
学年高中英语课时作业必修一:Unit2《Growingpains》综合检测(二)Word版含答案(译林版)
资料类别: /
所属版本: 牛津译林版
上传时间:
下载次数:99次
资料类型:
文档大小:199KB
所属点数: 2点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 2 点,】
资料概述与简介
综合检测(二)
Unit 2 Growing pains
(时间:100分钟;满分:100分)
Ⅰ.单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
1.His boss is going to be on vacation next week and the company will be left________him.
A.in charge of     B.in the charge of
C.taking charge of
D.taking the charge of
2.The reason________he pretended to sleep in class was quite different from the one________you explained to me.
A.why;that
B.that;why
C.which;that
3.They forbid________photos in the exhibition hall. That means you are not allowed________any photos here.
A. taking
B. taking
C.taking ;to take
D. to take
4.I had great difficulty________the suitable food on the menu in that restaurant.
A.find   B.found   C.to find   D.finding
5.(2013·合肥高一调研)—You should have set aside more time to play with our kids.
—I wish I________,but you know how busy I was.
6.The man we followed suddenly stopped and looked as if________whether he was going in the right direction.
B.having seen
C.to have see
7.(2013·长白高一检测)They are not honest. They don't________to know the truth.
A.deserve
8.—Tom, I'm sorry to say that I can't go to watch tonight's match with you, for I have to prepare for the coming exam.
—________Have some fun!
A.Don't have too many irons in the fire.
B.Don't be a wet blanket.
C.Don't put the cart before the horse.
D.Don't pull my leg.
9.The manager________the pros and cons of the situation over and over again before making a final decision.
A.balanced
B.measured
C.examined
10.When we climbed to the top of the mountain we had a good________of the whole city.
A.scenery
11.When you are driving on this road, you have to limit your speed________60 miles per hour.
12.The doctor insisted the plan________reasonable and we________.
A. carry it out
B. carry it out
C. should carry it out
D. carried it out
13.(2013·成都高一质检)I can't afford a lawyer so I shall________myself in court.
A.recommend
B.protect
C.predict
14.Although we had been out of touch for ten years, I recognized her________I met her.
A.first time
B.for the first time
C.the first time
D.by the first time
15.________to Anne's birthday party, Mr.Brown is now searching shop after shop for a nice present for her.
A.Having invited
B.Having been invited
C.Have been invited
D.Being invited
Ⅱ.完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从16—35各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项。
In the late 1960s my father and I disagreed greatly about politics and religion. My younger brothers and sisters remember vividly the violent__16__he and I would have. Once, my father ended up chasing me around the kitchen table, determined to__17__me for the first time in his life, and then he burst out__18__.
The memory of my father's tears indicates more to me about who he was than those of our arguments. He was a person__19__passionately about the people he knew and loved, but also about people__20__he didn't know at all. I never suspected he loved me,__21__in those moments when I left least__22__by him. He and my mother always did charitable work, preparing and__23__meals for homeless people, but shortly after retirement, he took his social action to a(n)__24__level.
He was admitted to a program__25__him to the history of Catholic social action, which was sponsored by the Milwaukee Archdiocese. When__26__from the program, he became the Social Programs Coordinator, and__27__he died at eighty-one, he was__28__urging his fellow parishioners to give more to, and do more for, those in need.
It is in large part because of the example__29__by my father, that I believe I have a(n)__30__to give of myself—not just to those I know and love, but to those I would never know if I didn't__31__them out: the poor, the disabled, the imprisoned. It is because of my father's__32__that I try to give 10 percent of my income to charity and that I spend two hours a week__33__a blind man.
I don't do it out of__34__, but out of love, because I saw love in__35__, in my father's tears and in the way he lived his life. Because of my father, I believe in love.
16.A.fights      B.discussions
C.quarrels
D.arguments
17.A.scold
18.A.laughing
B.singing
D.coughing
19.A.knowing
B.hearing
D.talking
20.A.in need
B.in relief
C.in public
D.in common
21.A.again
22.A.troubled
B.relieved
C.betrayed
D.understood
23.A.skipping
B.sharing
C.serving
D.ordering
24.A.extra
25.A.arranging
B.attaching
C.presenting
D.introducing
26.A.benefiting
B.graduating
C.suffering
D.resulting
27.A.until
28.A.religiously
B.separately
C.continually
D.particularly
29.A.taken
B.followed
30.A.preference
B.responsibility
C.commitment
D.expectation
31.A.seek
32.A.character
B.opinion
C.example
33.A.rejecting
B.assisting
C.resigning
D.addressing
34.A.return
C.interest
35.A.action
Ⅲ.阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
We have a 16-year-old son. He does well in school and sports. He isn't rude. Our worries are as follows:
He seems to have no social skills. He always seemed uncomfortable when his friends came over (at age 4—5). Since kindergarten, he has never once invited anyone over. He has been invited to friends' homes, and goes, but this doesn't happen often. He can name friends if asked to,but there is no meeting anyone outside of sports.
He speaks mostly in a low voice. He can talk,and make eye contact, if someone else starts it. Teachers have never mentioned this as a problem. From a distance we've seen him talking with teammates and coaches. People do say how quiet he is.
He used to keep his room clean. Now it's as bad as his sisters'! I don't know if I should be happy or not about that!
A sister-in-law recently said that it wasn't normal for a 16-year-old boy to sit so close to his mother. I couldn't remember what she meant,but I think he sat down by me on the couch in front of her and had me scratch his head. He likes it when I do that. Should I not do that? I didn't think it was so strange. However, I was one of four girls and I have 5 daughters and only 1 son. I don't know what is normal for boys or not normal!
He is more standoffish from his dad now, although they get along fine. I have noticed that he will stand by me,ask me to pass food to him at the table (even if the food is right by his dad instead), and generally seems more comfortable with me than with his dad. He and his dad have always enjoyed a close relationship in the past,so this saddens me. Is it normal for boys to start pushing their dads away?
Finally,there is definitely a history of depression(忧伤) in our family. Two of his sisters have been diagnosed(诊断) with depression. He has not exhibited any of the same problems they had shown.
I don't know if he's just being a normal teen or if there is something we should deal with! Any input would be valued. Thank you!
36.The 16-year-old boy only meets friends when playing sports because________.
A.he likes sports
B.nobody invites him to their home
C.he is poor in getting along with others
D.he never invites anyone home
37.The underlined word “standoffish” in Paragraph 6 probably means________.
D.warm-hearted
38.The son isn't like a boy in the eyes of his mother's sister-in-law probably because________.
A.his mother unknowingly treats him as a girl
B.he has 5 sisters at home and he is the only boy
C.the mother doesn't know what is normal for boys
D.all of the above
39.The mother writes the article to________.
A.ask for advice on whether their son is depressed
B.ask for advice on whether their son is normal
C.show what kind of person their son is
D.ask for advice on how to get along with their son
Tom was one of the brightest boys in the year, with supportive parents. But when he was 15 he suddenly stopped trying. He left school at 16 with only two scores for secondary school subjects. One of the reasons that made it cool for him not to care was the power of his peer(同龄的) group.
The lack of right male(男性的) role models in many of their lives—at home and particularly in the school environment—means that their peers are the only people they have to judge themselves against.
They don't see men succeeding in society so it doesn't occur to them that they could make something of themselves. Without male teachers as a role model, the effect of peer actions and street culture is all-powerful. Boys want to be part of a club. However,schools can provide the environment for change, and provide the right role models for them. Teachers need to be trained to stop that but not in front of a child's peers. You have to do it one to one, because that is when you see the real child.
   活页裁切线
It's pointless sending a child home if he or she has done wrong. They see it as a welcome day off to watch television or play computer games. Instead, schools should have a special unit where a child who has done wrong goes for the day and gets advice about his problems—somewhere he can work away from his peers and go home after the other children.
40.Why did Tom give up studying?
A.He disliked his teachers.
B.His parents no longer supported him.
C.It was cool for boys of his age not to care about studies.
D.There were too many subjects in his secondary school.
41.What seems to have a bad effect on students like Tom?
A.Peer groups.
B.A special unit.
C.The student judges.
D.The home environment.
42.What should schools do to help the problem of schoolboys?
A.Wait for their change patiently.
B.Train leaders of their peer groups.
C.Stop the development of street culture.
D.Give them lessons in a separate area.
43.A teacher's work is most effective with a schoolboy when he________.
A.is with the boy alone
B.teaches the boy a lesson
C.sends the boy home as punishment
D.works together with another teacher
Today's children are the “result” of the modern society. Our parents have jobs that keep them busy almost all day long. They only have a free day in a week. This doesn't allow them to keep an eye on their children.
On the other hand, the modern society gives more freedom to the children than they could “handle”. As a child, you don't know how to grow up by yourself until you reach a certain age. That is why you need school and parents to be by your side all the time. If you don't have either of them you may make a lot of mistakes. The social system of the modern society is very lenient especially with the children.
Most of the children today are rebels(叛逆者). They are rude. They are given too much freedom by their families. This is their parents' mistake. They ought to know that the freedom they give to their children is misunderstood.
For example, it is a bad thing for a 17-year-old child to go out in the evening on weekends. Parents are also guilty of the way their children show up in the street or at school. The same guilt belongs to the teaching system as well. Pupils shouldn't be allowed to dress like they were on a fashion presentation at school.
Another important fact we can think of regarding the freedom of children is their free will of spending money. Parents shouldn't allow their children to spend money on whatever they want.
I think children are given too much freedom not only by their parents, but also by the society. The latter is more to blame!
44.The writer implies that parents' busy lifestyle________.
A.makes their children become independent
B.may lead to a tense parent-child relationship
C.is harmful to their children's health
D.is likely to create a troubled generation
45.What does the underlined word “lenient” (in Para.2) mean?
A.Not responsible.
B.Not strict.
C.Unkind.
D.Unfair.
46.It seems that the writer agrees that students________.
A.should stay at home on weekends
B.can wear trendy clothes at school
C.had better wear school uniform at school
D.can be allowed to go out in the evenings
47.According to the writer, which of the following takes the primary responsibility for children's problems?
A.The social environment.
B.The educational system.
C.Each family.
D.The school.
When my daughter Sara was in the fifth grade, she came to me with a problem. “Marcy hates me!” she cried, “Because Kathy is my friend, too. She wants me to be her friend and nobody else's. You talk to Marcy. You tell her that I like her and want to be her friend, but I can have other friends, too!”
Oh! I sat there staring at her for a few moments trying to figure out how I got into this mess, when suddenly the idea came to me.
Picking up two baskets from the living room, I explained, “When everyone is born, God gives them a little basket. This little one here is yours. The big one is mine. As you grow, so does the basket. You can see your little basket is in mine because when you were born, there were too many things you couldn't do for yourself. I did everything you couldn't do on your own.”
She nodded, but so far still thought I was crazy.
“Well, as you grew older and began to do some things on your own, I began placing a few more things in your basket. When you learned to tie your shoes, that went in your basket. You wouldn't want me tying your shoes now, would you?”
She bowed her head a second and said softly, “No, that would be stupid. I can tie my own shoes.”
“Right. As you grow older, there will be more and more things you must do on your own.” As I spoke, I gradually took her basket out of mine and handed it to her. “You will eventually carry your own basket with things only you can do.”
She looked up at me and said, “I understand. There are some things that I have to do for myself because they are in my basket.”
48.What was Sara's problem?
A.She didn't have a basket.
B.She didn't want her own basket.
C.Her mother was too hard on her.
D.She couldn't deal with her friendship.
49.What did the author feel when she heard her daughter's problem?
C.Helpless.
50.We can infer that Sara________.
A.wouldn't make friends with Kathy
B.would talk to Marcy herself
C.was too young to deal with anything
D.managed to persuade her mother to help her
Ⅳ.任务型阅读(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
认真阅读下面短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格内填入最恰当的单词。每空格只能填1个单词。
When young children are learning to ride a bicycle,they require that their parents hold on to the back of the bike so that they gain confidence and won't fall off.
However,when children leave to go to college,or get married, parents must accept that their children are riding off into their own future. At this time, parents shouldn't stand back and with the children gone, they are left with an empty nest. How can parents get through this period of life?
The first thing you should do is nothing at all. You should actually take some time to rest since your child was born. Just relax and reward yourself for the work you put into your child.
Taking some time for yourself will allow you to adjust to the change and figure out how you really feel about your child's departure(离开). You shouldn't compare how you feel with how other people feel, as everyone's experience of an empty nest is different.
Exercise is a great mood lifter. A physical fitness program may have been one of the first sacrifices(牺牲) you made when y now,with fewer duties,you'll have time to hit the gym regularly. If you have a friend who also has become an empty nester recently,you may have found a new companion. Not only will you get the chance to share dealing with tips ,you'll also create social opportunities for yourself, which will get you out of that empty house if you need to.
We all have those things that we say we'll do or learn “someday”. If you're an empty nester,the “someday” might just be now.
If you're not sure exactly what to do in all your spare time,take your time and think about it. It will, however, probably be easier to figure out your dream when you're out. Try exploring a nearby museum or attraction you've never visited.
Many parents may fear an empty nest because they worry that their little birds have flown away forever. Try setting up a regular phone date with your child. A once-a-week call may make you feel satisfied while giving your child a reasonable degree of freedom.
Phenomenon ★Young children need the help of parents to make them feel confident.
★Children will leave home after growing up and parents will feel
51.________.
52.________to adjust to an empty nest
53.______yourself ★Do nothing but rest.
★Take time to adjust to the change and to figure out your 54.________.
Take 55.________ ★You can have 56.______time to go to the gym.
★You can develop new
57.________and create social opportunities.
Follow your dream ★You get a 58.________to put your dream into practice.
★It will be easier to figure out your dream when you are out of the house.
Set a time for communication ★59.________your child once a week will make you feel satisfied.
★Give your child enough 60.________.
Ⅴ.书面表达(满分25分)
(2013·西安八校高一联考)假如你是李华,下面是你的美国笔友Lee给你的E-mail:
Dear Li Hua,
I am really upset at present.I have no friends here to talk to.At lunch break,nobody likes to share a table with me.I am really puzzled.And I can't understand why.I need your advice.Thank you.
请你根据所给材料、写作要点和要求给Lee回复一封电子邮件。
写作要点:
1.表示你理解他的处境;
2.提出两个建议;
3.希望对他有帮助。
1.短文词数100左右(不含已写好的部分);
2.内容充实,结构完整,语意连贯;
3.书写须清晰、工整;
4.邮件中不能体现本人真实信息。
Dear Lee,
3.C 句意:他们禁止在展厅拍照。那就意味着在这儿你不能拍任何照片。forbid doing sth.“禁止/不准做某事”;allow sb.to do sth.“准许某人做某事”。
4.D 本句考查have difficulty(in)doing sth.结构,故选D项。
5.D 考查虚拟语气在wish从句中的用法。由句中should have set aside及how busy I was可知,该句表示与过去事实相反。
6.D as if引导的状语从句是一个省略句,只剩下了目的状语to see。
7.A 句意:他们不诚实,不配知道真相。根据句意,可判断A项正确。deserve to do...“值得做……”。
8.B 考查谚语。句意:——汤姆,很抱歉我今晚不能同你一起去观看比赛了,因为我必须得准备即将到来的考试。——别扫兴了,尽情玩吧!A项意为“不要揽事太多”;B项意为“不要扫兴”;C项意为“不要本末倒置”;D项意为“不要开玩笑”。由语境可知选B项。
9.A 句意:在作出最终决定之前,经理再三权衡了这种情况的利弊。balance“权衡”;measure“测量”;examine“检查”;judge“判断;判决”。
10.C 考查名词词义辨析。句意:当我们爬上山顶时,我们看到了整个城市的景色。scenery“风景(强调一个地方总的景色)”;scene“现场,场景(事件发生的地点)”;view“景色(强调从远处、高处所见到的)”;sight“风景(多指一个地方的名胜古迹)”。
11.C 考查介词。limit...to...是固定用法,意为“把……限定在……范围内”。句意:在这条路上行驶,你得把速度控制在每小时60英里以内。
12.A insist当“坚持说,坚持认为”讲时,后面的从句不用虚拟语气;当“坚持要求”讲时,后面的从句用虚拟语气。
13.D defend“为……辩护”。句意:我请不起律师,因此我将要在法庭上为自己辩护。
14.C for the first time,副词短语,在句中充当状语。the first time在这里作为连词,引导时间状语从句。
15.B 考查非谓语动词。invite和Mr.Brown有逻辑上的动宾关系,所以用被动语态;invite所表示的动作发生在句子谓语动词之前,所以用分词的完成式。
16.D 根据In the late 1960s my father and I disagreed greatly about politics and religion.可知,我和父亲在政治和宗教方面有很大分歧,因此总是有一些激烈的争论(arguments),连弟弟妹妹都记得很清楚。第二段首句有信息提示。
17.B 我与父亲发生激烈争吵,继而发展到父亲追赶着要动手打(hit)我。
18.C 从第二段首句可知作者的父亲在打了作者之后哭了。
19.C 从下文可知,作者的父亲不仅关心(caring)那些他认识和爱的人,而且关心那些根本不认识的人。
20.A 第三段最后一句中的those in need给出提示。
21.B 前后分句之间存在递进关系,故选B项。
22.D 根据上文可知,由于不被理解(understood),造成了作者与父亲之间的分歧。
23.C 父母做好饭菜端给(serving)无家可归的人吃。
24.D 根据He was admitted to a program__25__him to the history of Catholic social action...可知,父亲的社会活动上升到一个新的(new)层次。
25.D 我父亲参加了一个课程,该课程使他了解了天主教社会活动的历史。introduce此处意为“使了解”。
26.B 先是was admitted to a program,接下来应是graduating from the program。
27.A 此处指直到(until)父亲81岁去世。
28.C 父亲一直不断地(continually)力劝他的教区居民对有困难的人多给予,多做点事,直到他去世。
29.D set an example“树立榜样”。
30.B 本段中的I try to give 10 percent of my income to charity and that I spend two hours a week__33__a blind man即作者对别人负责任(responsibility)的表现。
31.A seek sb.out“找出某人来”。作者如果不去把要帮助的人找出来,就从不认识他们。也就是说,只有帮助之后才认识他们。
32.C 由于父亲的榜样(example)作用,我努力捐出收入中的百分之十给慈善事业,并且每周花两个小时帮助(assisting)盲人。
33.B 见上题解析。
34.D 联系上文,作者曾因为政治和宗教信仰问题跟父亲激烈争吵。但这里说的是作者做这些善事并非是出于对父亲的内疚(guilt),而是出于爱。
35.A 作者在父亲帮助他人的实际行动(action)中看到了爱。
36.C 根据第二段可知,这个十六岁的男孩的社会交往能力很差,除了在进行体育活动时结识朋友以外,他很少和其他人交往。
37.A 根据下文的事例和本段最后一句话“Is it normal for boys to start pushing their dads away?”可知,孩子与父亲“疏远”了。
38.D 根据第五段可知,像这个男孩这样的情况是多种原因造成的。
39.B 文章的前半部分说了孩子的一些令妈妈担忧的事情,后半部分多次提及“normal”的问题,所以B项最恰当。
40.C 细节理解题。由第一段最后一句“One of the reasons that made it cool for him not to care was the power of his peer group.”可知受同龄人的影响,年轻人把不在乎学习看成是很酷的一件事情。
41.A 推理判断题。由第一段最后一句和第二段的“their peers are the only people they have to judge themselves against...”可推断出对于学生来说对他们产生很大影响的就是他们的同龄人。
42.D 推理判断题。由最后一段“Instead,schools should have a special unit where a child who has done wrong goes for the day and gets advice about his problems—somewhere he can work away from his peers and go home after the other children.”可推论得出学校应该为这样的学生设立独立的空间,来有针对性地采取措施解决他们的问题。
43.A 细节理解题。由第三段最后一句“You have to do it one to one,because that is when you see the real child.”可知在单独面对和帮助这样的问题学生时,老师会看到他们最真实的一面,这样的方式最有效果。
44.D 推理判断题。第一、二两段指出,孩子成长到一定的年龄才能自立,在此之前,如果没有父母和学校的教育指导,孩子容易犯很多错误,而现代社会中,父母都比较忙,无暇给孩子足够的教育,由此可知作者言外之意:这种情况下成长起来的孩子,容易出各种问题。
45.B 词义理解题。前文说,现代社会给予孩子的自由太多了,故可知此处是说社会制度对孩子太过于宽容,不够严格,故B正确。
46.C 推理判断题。第四段作者说孩子们太过于自由也体现在他们的穿着上,学校不应该允许学生在学校里穿得像时装表演一样,由此可推知作者极可能赞同学生在学校里穿校服。
47.A 细节理解题。最后作者说孩子们的自由太多,父母有责任,但社会更有责任,由此可知对于孩子的问题,主要责任在社会环境。
48.D 考查细节理解。根据文章第一段Sara和作者所说的话可知Sara处理不好与Marcy的关系,故选D项。
49.C 考查细节理解。根据文章第二段中提到的trying to figure out how I got into this mess可知,作者对于女儿的要求不知道该怎么办。
50.B 考查推理判断。根据文章最后一段Sara所说的话可知,她决定自己去解决问题,故选B。
51.lonely 52.Ways/How 53.Relax 54.feeling 55.exercise 56.regular 57.friendship 58.chance
59.Calling 60.freedom
【参考范文】
Dear_Lee,
I am very sorry to hear that you feel bad because I fully understand your feelings and your situation.
I think you should make some friends.There are many ways to make friends.First,pay attention to what they usually talk about,which is important for you to share topics with others in your class.You can listen to their conversation,and buy some books or magazines to be familiar with the topic.Besides,find someone whose hobby is similar to yours and try to talk to him and make him know that you want to be his friend.Showing your hobbies to others is also a good way to attract someone who has the similar hobby as you.
In my opinion,making friends is a good way to get rid of loneliness.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号

我要回帖

更多关于 5a苏教版译林英语课文 的文章

随机推荐