when do you usually dohave stress?

小题1:As soon as you get home from school.小题2:Your parents.小题3:Look at your textbooks carefully.小题4:Setting a time limit.小题5:30-45minutes.试题分析:这篇短文主要针对学生对待家庭作业的问题,提出一些有助于学生做好作业的建议。小题1:细节理解题。根据短文Homework should be done as soon as you get home from school的描述可知,做作业的合适时机是一放学回家就做。故应填As soon as you get home from school。小题2:细节理解题。根据短文you should remember that it is your duty to do your homework. Don’t depend on Mum and Dad for help的描述可知,不能依靠父母做作业。故可填Your parents。小题3:细节理解题。根据短文When you have a question, especially something about a science or maths,--- It is a good idea to try to find the answer yourself. If this doesn’t work, you can also look at your textbooks carefully的描述,可知应填Look at your textbooks carefully。小题4:细节理解题。根据短文Keep working. Setting a time limit(限制) often helps with this的描述可知,坚持学习的办法是设置时间限制。故应填Setting a time limit。小题5:细节理解题。根据短文Kids can keep studying for 30-45 minutes at the ages of 13-15的描述可知,14岁的孩子可以坚持学习30-45分钟。故应填30-45minutes。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Some students like to translate(翻译) when they practice speaking English. Translation is a very difficult exercise. During a conversation, we don’t really have time to translate what we understand. When we use translation, we don’t develop the necessary reflexes (反应能力) needed to speak and understand a foreign language. It is important to build up reflexes right from the beginning. It will help you later when your skills are good enough to take a conversation.Here is some advice on how to build up reflexes when you only have basic words and grammar.Relax!No one is checking you except yourself! Look at each communication experience as an adventure. Try to relax first when you speak English. You will pick up on small details.Context(上下文) is your friend.What is context? It means the situation in which something happens and that helps to understand it. (2)We can make good guesses about what is being said by using the context. It will be easy when you think about the context. You will feel much more comfortable and confident if you remember that.Ask questions what you want to know.After you have proudly asked for tickets at the train station, the booking-office clerk (售票员) spoke a long sentence to you about the place and the time. You may be a little unclear or have only understood a part of it. However, you can ask questions about what you want to know, such as, “Did you say…?” and “Would you repeat that more slowly?”. So that you can easily move the communication forward. Use body language.Use body language to go with your words when you __(1)___ to learn a __(1)_____ language. The person you are speaking to only wants to understand you and will be carefully listening to you. As you become more proficient (熟练的) in your second language, you will depend(依靠) more on the language and less on body language. But there is no shame for a beginner.小题1: 在(1)处的空白处分别填入一个适当的词使句意完整、上下文通顺。________& __________小题2: 将(2)句译成中文。_______________________________________________________________________________小题3:回答问题: What does the writer want us to do first when we speak English?_______________________________________________________________________________小题4: 在文中找出与 Maybe you didn’t hear clearly or understand all of it.意思相同或相近的句子,并将它写在答题卡上。_______________________________________________________________________________小题5: 在文中找出最能表达该短文主题的句子,并将它写在答题纸上。_______________________________________________________________________________
“Tom? Are you in bed yet?” called Mrs. White. There was no answer. Mrs. White put down her book and went to her 14-year-old son’s room. Tom was sitting in front of a bright computer screen on which a motorbike was running fast. “Oh, Tom. You’re still playing on that computer game. You must stop now, because it’s half past eleven. If you don’t go to bed soon, you’ll be very tired tomorrow.” Said Mrs. White. “But I’ve nearly won the game.” Tom said to Mrs. White. She could see the excitement on his face. She sat beside him. “You’re always playing on the computer. You spend more time on this machine than on your homework.” Today more and more families have computers. Parents hope computers can help their children improve their study at school. But many of their children use computers to play games, listen to songs and watch videos instead of studying. We often see that computer net bars are crowded with people, especially young boys. They spend a lot of money competing(竞争) with the computerized(用计算机控制的) machines. The more they lose, the more they want to win. The result is that they don’t’ want to work or study. In some countries, even scientists hate computers. They say computers cause millions of people to lose their jobs or cause them a lot of trouble. Computer game addiction(瘾) is a serious problem in social life. Something should have to be done to solve the problem. 小题1:How did Mrs. White feel when she saw her son playing late?A.She felt excited.B.She felt happy.C.She felt worried.D.She felt wonderful.小题2: Parents hope computers can __________________.A.help their children improve their study at school.B.help their children play well.C.help their children know a lot of Internet knowledgeD.help their children relax themselves小题3: Many children use computers to _____________.A. watch videos&&&&& B. listen to songs&&&&& C. play games&&&& D. A、B and C 小题4:The writer thinks __________________.A.the boys can go to the computer net bars, but the girls can’tB.the computer net bars are very usefulC.the children spend too much money on computer gamesD.the children should play computer games小题5: Why do some scientists hate computers? A. They think computers cause millions of people to lose their jobs.B. They think computers cause them a lot of trouble.C. They think it’s a waste of time to use computers.D. Both A and B.
题型:完形填空
Foods quickly spoil and break down if they are not stored correctly. Heat and damp encourage increase in micro-organisms(微生物的), and sunlight can&&&&vitamins in such food as milk. Therefore, most foods should be stored in a cool, dark and dry place. Some foods&_ &&&bad quickly, such as meat, eggs and milk. They should be stored in a temperature of 5°C~10°C. In this temperature range, the activity of micro-organisms is _&&& . In warm climates, this temperature can be kept&&&&_ in a fridge or in the underground basement(地下室) of a house. Dry goods, such as flour and rice, should be kept at a slightly higher temperature. A temperature of 15°C is ideal. In Britain and northern European countries this means that the room in which dry foods are stored should&&&&the general heating of the house. The room should also be well&&&&&and, above all, dry. Damp very quickly causes the&&&&&of the green molds. These molds often grow on cheese if it is not stored properly. Fruits and vegetables need cool and damp&&&&_ , so an underground basement usually&&&&_ an excellent storage place. If the central heating unit is in the basement, _&& __, it will not be ideal unless the unit and the pipes(管道) do not give out any heat.小题1:A.destroyB.causeC.harmD.hurt小题2:A.becomeB.getC.goD.turn小题3:A.reducedB.raisedC.increasedD.shortened小题4:A.usuallyB.seldomC.foreverD.only小题5:A.chooseB.enjoyC.shareD.refuse小题6:A.airedB.cleanedC.decoratedD.emptied小题7:A.appearanceB.growthC.developmentD.increase小题8:A.conditionsB.situationsC.mattersD.scenes小题9:A.getsB.becomesC.createsD.makes小题10:A.thereforeB.besidesC.howeverD.then
Having Fun “Growing” and “Stealing”Recently, an Internet game has become a new fashion among young office workers and students. People can “farm” on a piece of& “land” and “grow”, “sell” or even “steal” “vegetables”, “flowers” and “fruits” on the internet.They can earn some e-money and buy more “seeds”, “pets” and even “houses”.Joyce interviewed some young people. Here are their opinions. Harold:I don't quite understand why they are so mad about the childish game, maybe they are just not confident enough to face the real world.Allan:I enjoy putting some “bugs” (臭虫) in my friends’ gardens and we’ve become closer because of the game. Having fun together is the most exciting thing about it.Laura:You know, people in the city wish for the life in the countryside. It rela besides, it gives me the exciting experience of being a “thief”. Ivy:&Well. It’s just a waste of time. Teenagers playing the game spend so many hours on it that they can not concentrate on their study.&&&&&&小题1:According to the passage, people can’t ______ things in this game.&&&A.grow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. borrow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. steal&&&小题2:Among the people Joyce interviewed, ______ likes the game while ______ dislikes the game.A. Laura, Allan&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Allan,Harold&&&&&&&&& C. Ivy, Harold&&小题3:From Laura’s words, we can infer (推理) that she’s most probably ______. A. a student&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. an office worker&&&&&&&&& C. a thief小题4:You can find the passage ______.A. in a science magazine &&&&&&&&&& B.in an advertisement&&&&C.in a newspaper&&&&&&&小题5:Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?A. People in the city want to enjoy the country life.B. People can earn some money and buy more seeds.C. People are confident enough to face the real world.
Sometimes people are not clear about what kind of food is healthy, and what kind of food may do harm to our health. The USDA has prepared a food guide to help people learn about which kind of food is the healthiest to eat. The food guide describes six main food groups: meat (like fish and chicken), dairy (like milk and cheese),grains (like bread and rice), fruit and vegetables. The last group is fats and sweets. The USDA also suggests how much of each food group is healthy to eat daily. Though this guide was prepared by the US government, it is very useful for people all over the world.As a result of years of study, we know that too much animal fat is bad for our health. For example, Americans eat a lot of meat and only a small amount of grains, fruit and vegetables. Because of the way they eat, they have a high rate of cancer and heart disease. In Japan, people eat large amounts of grains and very little meat. The Japanese also have a very low rate of cancer and heart disease. The Japanese live longer than anyone else in the world. However, when Japanese people move to the US, the rate of heart disease and cancer goes up as their eating habit changes. And as hamburgers, ice creams and other high-fat foods become popular in Japan, the rate of heart disease and cancer is going up there as well. People are also eating more meat and dairy food in other countries, in which the disease rate is going up along with the change of the way people eat. Doctors everywhere suggest people eat more grains, fruit and vegetables and less meat and dairy food.Eating healthily is important for children as well as their parents. When parents have poor eating habits, their children usually do, too. After all, children eat in the same way as their parents. When parents eat healthy food, the children will learn to enjoy it, too. Then they will develop good eating habits. Doctors suggest parents give their children healthier food such as fruit, vegetables and juice.Everyone wants to live a long, healthy life. We know that the food we eat affects us in different ways. For example, doctors believe that fruit and vegetables can really protect people from many different diseases. On the other hand, animal fat can cause diseases. We can change our eating habits now and enjoy many years of healthy living.小题1:What is the USDA in the passage?A.A group of doctors in the US.B.An office of the US government.C.A report on diseases in the US.D.An order given by the US President.小题2:What does the underlined word “result” mean in Chinese?A.结果B.论文C.仪器D.程序小题3:The second paragraph mainly tells us that __________.A.Japanese are always healthier than Americans B.living in the US is not good for people’s healthC.if you eat too much fat you will have cancerD.the way we eat may cause some health problems小题4:The greatest help the passage gives us is __________.A.to introduce a food guide to the worldB.to suggest a way of eating for a healthy lifeC.to find the main cause of some serious diseasesD.to provide us with knowledge of six food groups
Your homework habits might be affecting your grades. Are you feeling tired or bored when it comes to homework time? Are you arguing with parents about your grades? You can change the way you feel by taking better care of your mind and your body. Get the sleep you need.Studies show that teens' natural sleeping habits are different from those of adults. This often causes less sleep among teens, since they tend to have trouble going to sleep at night, and have trouble waking in the mornings. You can avoid some of the problems that come with less sleep by changing some of your nighttime habits.Improve your memoryA great way to improve your homework habits is to improve your memory with brain exercise. There are many theories and ideas about improving memory, but there is one mnemonic(记忆的) method that has been around since ancient times. Ancient accounts show that early Greek and Roman orators used the “loci” method of remembering long speeches and lists. You may be able to use this method to improve your memory at test time. Fight the desire to delayDo you get the sudden desire to feed the dog at homework time? Don't fall for it! Delay is like a little white lie we tell ourselves. We often think we'll feel better about studying later if we do something fun now, like playing with a pet, watching a TV show, or even cleaning our room. It's not true. Avoid repetitive(重复的) stressDuring text messaging, Internet surfing, and computer writing, you are using your hand muscles in all new ways, and you're very easily to be influenced by something dangerous or the repetitive stress injury. Find out how to avoid pain in your hands and neck by changing the way you sit at your computer. 小题1:What differences between the teens and adults are mentioned in the passage?A.Eating habits.B.Sleeping habits.C.Reading habits.D.Writing habits小题2:&&&&&&can help people to improve the memory.A. Using the brain more&&&&&B. Doing morning exercises every day C. Dancing after meals&&&&&&C. Listening to the music小题3:What should people do to avoid the repetitive stress when they playing computer?A.Changing the way they sit.B.Cutting the time.C.Wearing some special glasses.D.Using the hand muscles in a new way.小题4:Which statement is NOT right according to the passage?A.Homework habits can affect the study grade.B.Only Roman orators were able to use the “loci” method to remember.C.It's not good to desire to feed the pets when you are doing the homework.D.There are four ideas of behaving Healthy Homework Habits mentioned.
If we want to deal with the association (社交) between boys and girls properly, here are some "dos and don'ts" for you to follow.
Keep a normal and healthy state of mind. Our schools and classes are made up of boys and girls. It is very nature for the boys and girls to make friends with each other. We should make as many friends as possible. We should keep touch with the other sex (性别) in public instead of in secret.
Don't be too nervous or too shy. If you are a shy person, you can also find a way out. First of all, you can make friend with the students who have the same interest and hobby as you. As both of you have much in common, you may have much to talk about. If you keep doing like that, little by little, you will gladly find you are also as free to express yourself as others. Don't fall into the ditch of early love. The boys and girls at a adolescence (青春期) are rich in feeling. They& are easy to regard the friendship as a sign of love and fall in love with each other at an early age. In my opinion, early love is a green apple that can't be eaten. An apple won't taste sweet until it is full ripe. Boys and girls at middle school are too young to carry the heavy duty of love. Do keep out of early love.&小题1:The main idea of the passage is to _______.&A.tell students to keep away from early loveB.give some advice on how to associate between boys and girls C.tell students how to make friends D.teach boys how to talk with girls小题2:We should keep touch with the other sex in following ways EXCEPT _______.&A.with a good state of mindB.in real friendship C.in publicD.in secret小题3:If you are a shy person, you can _______.&A.find friends with the same interest and hobby first B.only have a few friends of the same sex C.not make friends with the other sex D.not fall in love with other students easily小题4:What does the underlined word "ditch" mean?&A.波浪B.泥潭C.圈套D.迷惑小题5:A person at adolescence is _______.&A.complicated (复杂的) in feelings B.good at making friends with each other C.old enough to fall in loveD.easy to regard the friendship as a sign of love
“BANG!”the door caused a reverberation(回声).It was just standing there,with father standing on one side,and I was on the other side.We were both in great anger.“Never set foot in this house again!”stormed father.I rushed out of the flat and ran along the street.The street lights were shining,causing rather a sad feeling. A young father who held a child in his arms walked past me.I felt as if I saw my childhood from another space:happy and carefree.But now…I don’t know whether it is because I have grown up or because dad is getting old.We differ in our ways of thinking.He always put his opinions and codes(习俗)of behavior on me.Whenever I do something wrong,he never admits(接纳)it.We are just like two people coming from two different worlds.1 wandered(徘徊)in the streets,until I had only the street lights to keep me company.When I finally reached the high-rise apartment block in which I lived,I saw that the light was still on. I thought to myself:“Is father waiting for me.or is he still angry with me?”All the lights were off except father's.Dad was alwys like this.Maybe he didn't know how to express himself.After an argument he has the habit of creeping up(悄悄地来到)in my sleep.This was how he always was.He has been a leader for so long that telling everyone else what to do has become his second nature.With the key in hand,1 was as nervous as I had ever been.At last,I decided to open the door.As soon as I opened the door tears ran down my cheeks.I suddenly realized that the iron(铁的)door that I had imagined between us did not exist at all.Love-it's second&to none.&&&&小题1:Decide which is the best order(顺序)of the following according to what happened in the passage. a.I opened the door and entered the house. b.Sadly I ran out into the street. c. I reached the place where I lived and saw my house still brightly lit. d.I thought of my father's kindness towards me. e. walked about in the street without any aim.A.b,e,d,c,aB.b,e,c,d,aC.b,e,a,c,d D.b,e,d,a,c小题2:What made the writer think of his childhood?A.The sight of the street lights.B.The sight of the empty street.C.The sight of a father with a child in his arms.D.The sight of light in his own house.小题3:Why do you think the father often shouts at his son?A.Perhaps the father is getting older and older.B.Perhaps the son has already grown up.C.Perhaps they never agree with each other.D.Perhaps the father has got used to doing that.小题4:According to the passage what does“Love-it's second to none”mean?A.爱并没有什么 B.爱是第二位的 C.爱是至高无上的 D.爱就是没什么.小题5:What conclusion can you come to after reading the passage?A.The father treats his son in an unfair way.B.The father is actually kind to his son.C.The father is neither kind nor cruel to his son.D.The father is always finding fault(过错) with his son.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 when pigs have wings 的文章

随机推荐