郑州包皮手术去哪个医院,在顶梢桂花树叶子干枯怎么办前完成,雨水稀少使地里长着

王强英语美文 10-The 50-Percent Theory of Life(打印版)
王强英语美文 10-The 50-Percent Theory of Life()生活半对半[The 50-Percent Theory of Life]
I believe in the 50-percent theory. Half the time things ar the other half, they are worse. I believe life is a pendulum swing. It takes time and experience to understand what normal is, and that gives me the perspective to deal with the surprises of the future.
Let's benchmark the parameters: Yes, I will die. I've dealt with the deaths of both parents, a best friend, a beloved boss and cherished pets. Some of these deaths have been violent, before my eyes, or slow and agonizing. Bad stuff, and it belongs at the bottom of the scale.
Then there are those high points: romance and marriage having a child and doing those Dad things like coaching my son's baseball team, paddling around the creek in the boat while he's swimming with the dogs, discovering his compassion so deep it manifests even in his kindness to snails, his imagination so vivid he builds a spaceship from a scattered pile of Legos.
But there is a vast meadow of life in the middle, where the bad and the good flip-flop acrobatically. This is what convinces me to believe in the 50-percent theory.
One spring I planted corn too early in a bottomland so flood-prone that neighbors laughed. I felt chagrined at the wasted effort. Summer turned brutal -- the worst heat wave and drought in my lifetime. The air-conditioner died, the well went dry, the marriage ended, the job lost, the money gone. I was living lyrics from a country tune -- music I loathed. Only a surging Kansas City Royals team, bound for their first World Series, buoyed my spirits.
Looking back on that horrible summer, I soon understood that all succeeding good things merely offset the bad. Worse than normal wouldn't last long. I am owed and savor the halcyon times. They reinvigorate me for the next nasty surprise and offer assurance that I can thrive. The 50 percent theory even helps me see hope beyond my Royals' recent slump, a field of struggling rookies sown so that some year soon we can reap an October harvest.
Oh, yeah, the corn crop? For that one blistering summer, the ground moisture was just right, planting early allowed pollination before heat withered the tops, and the lack of rain spared the standing corn from floods. That winter my crib overflowed with corn -- fat, healthy three-to-a-stalk ears filled with kernels from heel to tip -- while my neighbors' fields yielded only brown, empty husks.
Although plantings past may have fallen below the 50-percent expectation, and they probably will again in the future, I am still sustained by the crop that flourishes during the drought.
我信奉对半理论。生活时而无比顺畅,时而倒霉透顶,好坏参半。我觉得生活就像来回晃动的钟摆。读懂生活的常态需要时间和阅历,也正是这样才练就了我面对未来荣辱不惊的生活态度。
让我们掂量这些点点滴滴:是的,我注定会死去。我已经经历了双亲的仙逝,一位友人的亡故,一位敬爱的老板的离逝,还有心爱宠物的死亡。当中一些变故突如其来,直击眼前;有些却长期折磨,痛苦不堪。糟糕的事儿,它们驻留谷底。
当然生活也不乏熠熠光彩:坠入爱河缔结良缘;养育幼子身为人父,训练儿子的棒球队,当他和狗在水中嬉戏时,摇桨划船前瞻后顾,感受他如此强烈的同情心&&即使对蜗牛也善待有加,发现他如此活跃的想像力&&即使零散的积木也能堆出太空飞船。
但在它们发生期间有一片宽广的草坪,在那儿上演的各种好事坏事像耍杂技一样地翻新。这就是让我信服对半理论的原因。
有一年春天,我在一片容易被淹的低洼地过早地种下了玉米,邻居们都为此嘲笑我。一番心血付之东流让我懊恼不已。接着我生命中最难熬的酷暑来临了&&热浪袭人,酿至旱灾。空调失灵,水井枯竭,婚姻破裂,惨遭失业,积蓄挥空。我正经历某个乡村调频描绘的情节,我讨厌这种音乐。只有一支人气攀升的堪萨斯皇家棒球队的小组因他们的第一次出征世界大赛团结起来使我精神振奋。
回想那个可怕的夏天,我不久就明白了所有的好事坏事不过是正负抵消。不顺心的境遇不会延宕过久。太平时光是我应得的,我要尽情享受。它们给我新的活力以应对突如其来的险境,并确保我再度辉煌。对半理论甚至帮我在我喜爱的皇家棒球队最近的低潮中看到希望&&这是一块艰难行进的新手们耕耘的土地,播种了,假以时日我们就可以收获十月的金秋。
哦,对了,玉米收成?就那年炎热的夏天,庄稼地的湿度恰到好处,过早的种植使授粉避开酷热在顶梢干枯前完成,雨水稀少使地里长着的玉米免遭水灾。那年冬天,我的粮仓里堆满了玉米&&饱满结实的玉米每株秆上结三个,每个玉米从底到顶端长满了玉米粒&&而我的邻居们地里长出来的只是暗沉干瘪的壳。
尽管过去播种的收获没有达到50%的期望,而且将来也可能是这样,我仍然要为经历旱季依然丰收的玉米而坚守阵地。
& 原文地址:美文欣赏——每日一文 - 外贸英语 -
福步外贸论坛(FOB Business Forum) |中国第一外贸论坛
& 美文欣赏——每日一文
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
“你能告诉我从这儿我该走哪条路吗?”爱丽丝问。
“那在很大程度上取决于你想去哪儿。”猫回道。
“哪儿都可以,我不在乎。”
“那么你走哪条路也就无关紧要了。”
——引自《爱丽丝梦游仙境》
一天,弟弟打电话想征求些我的意见,他要在两份工作中做出选择:
工作1——典型的一周40个小时的“办公室”工作
工作2——在保险行业的工作,需要从基层做起,可以经过多年和长时间努力后最终升职到高层(如果他足够优秀的话)
显然,第二份工作的薪水不如第一份丰厚(在刚开始时),但是第二份工作潜在的薪水支付远远多于第一份工作。
那么,弟弟应该选哪份工作呢?答案当然还是……取决于他自己想得到什么。
就如猫告诉爱丽丝的,你选择哪条路在很大程度上取决于你想停到哪,想到哪去。
我问弟弟他的人生目标是什么,他说目标就是“教书”,但想先挣些钱。
我告诉他要忘记金钱,要专注于自己的目标理想。
我又问他哪个工作对他的目标“教学”最有帮助,他说是第一份,因为他只需一周工作40个小时,这样的话就会有闲余时间来教书。
他接着说,“如果我选择第二份工作,我可以努力挣很多钱,然后提早退休,用剩余的时间教书。听他这样说,我提醒他要专注与自己的理想而不是钱。
我告诫他须谨慎考虑,因为很多事不是错误的结束,而是一开始就是错误的。
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
It depends on a good deal where you want to get
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
If we really want to be happy, why do we act like such babies?
& && &We can claim to be proactive in our life by settings goals and going after what we want. But if we're always whining and complaining all the time, are we really living effectively?
& && & If you don't believe me, count how many times you complain about something or other in one day. Whether it be being stuck in traffic, being bothered by the weather, not enough mustard on your sandwich, or whatever it is, there are endless instances where you can find a reason to complain.
& && &But it's not just outside circumstances that we complain about. We complain about about ourselves too. We complain that we don't have enough time, we don't have enough money (this one is huge because it's often &true&), that we're not smart enough, cool enough, or just enough.
& && &I know I've experienced plenty of unpleasantness due to complaining about things I can't control. I never really thought about it much until I found this website about &living in a complain free world.&
& && & Imagine how much happier you would be if you simply stopped complaining? Much of what you complain about is outside of your control anyway. What's the point of brooding about something you have no power to change? Not very intelligent, if you ask me.
& & Simply becoming conscious of how much you complain is the first step to stopping. When you recognize that you're complaining, stop and take notice of it. Ask yourself if you would rather complain, or be happy.
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
如果我们想要变得高兴,为什么要像小孩子那样呢?
& && & 我们可以积极主动的在我们生活中设定目标,然后向着目标进发。但是如果我们整天牢骚满腹,怨天尤人的话,我们还会活的有效率吗?
& && &如果你不相信我,仔细想想你一天要抱怨几次。不管是因为糟糕的交通困住,被天气所困扰,还是三明治上芥末放的不够,总之生活中有无数的烦心事可以让我们抱怨。
& && & 不仅仅外部的环境让我们抱怨,我们还不断的抱怨我们自己。比如时间不够啊,钱不够花啊,不够聪明不够冷静啊,反正什么看上去都不够好。
& && & 很多时候,不愉快都是因为抱怨自己不能控制的事情。我没有仔细的思考过这个问题,直到有一天我发现一个叫“活在没有抱怨的世界中”的网站。
& && & 想想吧,如果你停止抱怨的话你会变的多么的快乐。反正那些事情又无力改变,整天想着那些你无力改变的事情有有什么意义呢?如果你来问我,我会说那样很愚蠢。
& && &&&停止抱怨要做的第一步就是想清楚你在抱怨什么。当你意识到自己在抱怨的时候,停下来,问问自己是要变的快乐还是继续这样抱怨下去。
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
I believe in the &50-percent theory&. Half the time things ar the other half, they are worse. I believe life is a pendulum swing. It takes time and experience to understand what normal is, and that gives me the perspective to deal with the surprises of the future.
Let's benchmark the parameters: Yes, I will die. I've dealt with the deaths of both parents, a best friend, a beloved boss and cherished pets. Some of these deaths have been violent, before my eyes, or slow and agonizing. Bad stuff, and it belongs at the bottom of the scale.
Then there are those high points: romance and marriage having a child and doing those Dad things like coaching my son's baseball team, paddling around the creek in the boat while he's swimming with the dogs, discovering his compassion so deep it manifests even in his kindness to snails, his imagination so vivid he builds a spaceship from a scattered pile of Legos.
But there is a vast meadow of life in the middle, where the bad and thegood flip-flop acrobatically. This is what convinces me to believe in the 50-percent theory.
One spring I planted corn too early in a bottomland so flood-prone thatneighbors laughed. I felt chagrined at the wasted effort. Summer turned brutal-- the worst heat wave and drought in my lifetime. The air-conditioner died,the well went dry, the marriage ended, the job lost, the money gone. I wasliving lyrics from a country tune -- music I loathed. Only a surging Kansas City Royals team, bound for their first World Series, buoyed my spirits.
Looking back on that horrible summer, I soon understood that all succeeding good things merely offset the bad. Worse than normal wouldn't last long. I am owed and savor the halcyon times. They reinvigorate me for the next nasty surprise and offer assurance that I can thrive. The 50 percent theory even helps me see hope beyond my Royals' recent slump, a field of struggling rookies sown so that some year soon we can reap an October harvest.
Oh, yeah, the corn crop? For that one blistering summer, the ground moisture was just right, planting early allowed pollination before heat,withered the tops, and the lack of rain spared the standing corn from floods. That winter my crib overflowed with corn -- fat, healthy three-to-a-stalk ears filled with kernels from heel to tip -- while my neighbors' fields yielded only brown, empty husks.
Although plantings past may have fallen below the 50-percent expectation, and they probably will again in the future, I am still sustained by the crop that flourishes during the drought.
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
我信奉“对半理论”。生活时而无比顺畅,时而倒霉透顶,好坏参半。我觉得生活就像来回晃动的钟摆。读懂生活的常态需要时间和阅历,也正是这样才练就了我面对未来荣辱不惊的生活态度。
让我们掂量这些点点滴滴:是的,我注定会死去。我已经经历了双亲的仙逝,一位友人的亡故,一位敬爱的老板的离逝,还有心爱宠物的死亡。当中一些变故突如其来,直击眼前;有些却长期折磨,痛苦不堪。糟糕的事儿,它们驻留谷底。
当然生活也不乏熠熠光彩:坠入爱河缔结良缘;养育幼子身为人父,训练儿子的棒球队,当他和狗在水中嬉戏时,摇桨划船前瞻后顾,感受他如此强烈的同情心——即使对蜗牛也善待有加,发现他如此活跃的想像力——即使零散的积木也能堆出太空飞船。
但在它们发生期间有一片宽广的草坪,在那儿上演的各种好事坏事像耍杂技一样地翻新。这就是让我信服对半理论的原因。
有一年春天,我在一片容易被淹的低洼地过早种下了玉米,邻居们都为此嘲笑我。一番心血付之东流让我懊恼不已。接着我生命中最难熬的酷暑来临了--热浪袭人,酿至旱灾。空调失灵,水井枯竭,婚姻破裂,惨遭失业,积蓄挥空。我正经历某个乡村调频描绘的情节,我讨厌这种音乐。只有一支人气攀升的堪萨斯皇家棒球队的小组因他们的第一次出征世界大赛团结起来使我精神振奋。
回想那个可怕的夏天,我不久就明白了所有的好事坏事不过是正负抵消。不顺心的境遇不会延宕过久。太平时光是我应得的,我要尽情享受。它们给我新的活力以应对突如其来的险境,并确保我再度辉煌。对半理论甚至帮我在我喜爱的皇家棒球队最近的低潮中看到希望——这是一块艰难行进的新手们耕耘的土地,播种了,假以时日我们就可以收获十月的金秋。
哦,对了,玉米收成?就那年炎热的夏天,庄稼地的湿度恰到好处,过早的种植使授粉避开酷热在顶梢干枯前完成,雨水稀少使地里长着的玉米免遭水灾。那年冬天,我的粮仓里堆满了玉米--饱满结实的玉米每株秆上结三个,每个玉米从底到顶端长满了玉米粒--而我的邻居们地里长出来的只是暗沉干瘪的壳。
尽管过去播种的收获没有达到50%的期望,而且将来也可能是这样,我仍然要为经历旱季依然丰收的玉米而坚守阵地。
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
The artist Michelangelo often stirred up the opposition of the contemporary artists of his day. Many of them envied his magnificent abilities. One example was the architect Bramante.
& && && & Pope Julius retained Michelangelo to build him a splendid tomb. Michelangelo gladly accepted the project and spent eight months in a marble pit personally cutting and selecting the most perfect stones. When he returned, he found the pope had second thoughts. Bramante had turned Pope Julius against the project. The Pope cancelled it.
& && && &&&Later the idea for another special project entered the Pope's mind. Bramante saw the project as a timeconsuming trap for which there would be little public recognition. Bramante recommended Michelangelo for the job.
& && && &&&The great artist saw the trap. He knew what Bramante was up to. He wished to turn the project down but did not want to refuse the Pope's request. So Michelangelo went to work. He spent many years doing the slow and tedious labor the project required. It was the Sistine Chapel.
& && & The inspiration that flowed through Michelangelo can likewise flow through any human being. That is what inspiration wants to do. It cannot be stopped. It is a living, powerful river that easily circumvents all obstacles.
& && && &&&Michelangelo collected his inner forces for a complete victory. Likewise, we must not fear to face the trickery of some people and expose it for what it is. This is not negative, but intelligent protection and spiritual perception.
& && && && &In his many books on inner development author Vernon Howard refers to Michelangelo several times. He quotes him as saying, “The more the marble wastes, the more the statue grows.” And, “I released the statue from the stone.” He chiseled away all that was unnecessary, and David emerged.
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
画家米开朗基罗常常激起同时代画家的反对,许多人嫉妒他的卓越才华。当时的建筑师布拉曼特就是一例。
& && && & 罗马教皇朱利叶斯雇佣米开朗基罗为他修建一座华丽的坟墓。米开朗基罗欣然接受了这个工程,而后花了八个月的时间亲自在大理石坑里开凿挑选最好的石料。当他回到教皇那里时,教皇已经改变了主意。布拉曼特已经说服了教皇不再进行这个项目,于是教皇就将之取消了。
& && && && &不久,教皇的头脑中又萌发了一个特别的项目。布拉曼特发现这个项目耗时费工,不大可能得到公众的赞赏,可以作为一个圈套缚住米开朗基罗,因此他就向教皇推荐由米开朗基罗承担这个项目。
& && && &&&米开朗基罗这位大艺术家识破了布拉曼特的诡计,知道布拉曼特的目的何在。他不愿接手这个项目,但又不想拒绝教皇的要求,最终只好接手了这个项目。这项工程是一件耗时且乏味的体力活,他花费了好几年的时间才最终完成。这就是西斯廷教堂。
& && && &因为这个教堂,那些从米开朗基罗脑海中流泻而出的灵感同样可以被所有人感受到。这就是灵感的意图所在,它就像一条生生不息、威力巨大的河流轻而易举地吞没障碍,难以阻挡。
& && && && &米开朗基罗聚起自己内心的力量胜利地完成了作品。同样,我们也不要害怕面对某些人的阴谋诡计,要还事情以其本来的面目。这不是消极被动,而是聪明的保护和精神的感知。
& && && && &作家弗农·霍华德在多本关于内心发展的书中多次引用米开朗基罗的事例,其中引用有米开朗基罗所说过的话,比如:“消耗的大理石越多,雕像就越多。”“我把雕像从大理石中解放出来。”米开朗基罗凿去大理石中那些多余的部分,于是雕像大卫就诞生了(大卫是圣经中的少年英雄,曾杀死侵略者巨人哥利亚)。
(van.persieの唯一QR)
陳某某の6TD
UID 967979
积分 211181
帖子 28327
福步币 169 块
阅读权限 120
&&How`s weekend going?
Look back on the past, the goal is really important, I wasted at least 1 year because of no purpose
I need a new plan, a plan with a purpose.
UID 1842973
阅读权限 40
Hello,the admired landlord,the latest post was two days ago.
Looking forward to your new post.
Thanks a million.
UID 1855406
阅读权限 25
so beautiful
These articals are&&so beautiful .come on ,guys!
UID 1826283
福步币 30 块
阅读权限 25
好贴,留待慢慢来看,顺便锻炼下阅读能力
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
All you remember about your child being an infant is the incredible awe you felt about the precious miracle you created. You remember having plenty of time to bestow all your wisdom and knowledge. You thought your child would take all of your advice and make fewer mistakes, and be much smarter than you were. You wished for your child to hurry and grow up.
& &   All you remember about your child being two is never using the restroom alone or getting to watch a movie without talking animals. You recall afternoons talking on the phone while crouching in the bedroom closet, and being convinced your child would be the first Ivy League college student to graduate wearing pullovers at the ceremony. You remember worrying about the bag of M&M's melting in your pocket and ruining your good dress. You wished for your child to be more independent.
 &&  All you remember about your child being five is the first day of school and finally having the house to yourself. You remember joining the PTA and being elected president when you left a meeting to use the restroom. You remember being asked &Is Santa real?& and saying &yes& because he had to be for a little bit longer. You remember shaking the sofa cushions for loose change, so the toothfairy could come and take away your child's first lost tooth. You wished for your child to have all permanent teeth.
&&  All you remember about your child being seven is the carpool schedule. You learned to apply makeup in two minutes and brush your teeth in the rearview mirror because the only time you had to yourself was when you were stopped at red lights. You considered painting your car yellow and posting a &taxi& sign on the lawn next to the garage door. You remember people staring at you, the few times you were out of the car, because you kept flexing your foot and making acceleration noises. You wished for the day your child would learn how to drive.
& &  All you remember about your child being ten is managing the school fundraisers. You sold wrapping paper for paint, T-shirts for new furniture, and magazine subscriptions for shade trees in the school playground. You remember storing a hundred cases of candy bars in the garage to sell so the school band could get new uniforms, and how they melted together on an unseasonably warm spring afternoon. You wished your child would grow out of playing an instrument.
  All you remember about your child being twelve is sitting in the stands during baseball practice and hoping your child's team would strike out fast because you had more important things to do at home. The coach didn't understand how busy you were. You wished the baseball season would be over soon.
 &&  All you remember about your child being fourteen is being asked not to stop the car in front of the school in the morning. You had to drive two blocks further and unlock the doors without coming to a complete stop. You remember not getting to kiss your child goodbye or talking to him in front of his friends. You wished your child would be more mature.
& &  All you remember about your child being sixteen is loud music and undecipherable lyrics screamed to a rhythmic beat. You wished for your child to grow up and leave home with the stereo.
& &   All you remember about your child being eighteen is the day they were born and having all the time in the world.
& &  And, as you walk through your quiet house, you wonder where they went and you wish your child hadn't grown up so fast.
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
当你的孩子是个婴儿时,你所记得的,是你对自己创造出的堪称完美奇迹的作品,感到不可思议的敬畏。你记得你有大量的时间去传授你所有的智慧和知识。你认为你的孩子将会接受你所有的忠告而少犯错误,将会比孩提时代的你聪明许多。你多希望你的孩子快快长大。
   &&孩子两岁时,你所记得的,是从不能独自使用卫生间,从不看一部与动物无关的电影。你记得那些蜷缩在卧室储衣间跟朋友通电话的下午,深信你的孩子将是第一个身着套头衫出席毕业典礼的常春藤名牌大学毕业生。你记得你担心那袋M&M巧克力糖会在你的衣兜里融化,毁了你体面的衣服。你多希望你的孩子更独立些。
 & & 孩子5岁时,你所记得的,是他上学第一天你终于独自拥有整个房子了。你记得参加家长—教师联系会,在你离开会议室去洗手间时,你当选为会长。你记得孩子问你“圣诞老人是真的吗?”你回答“是的”,因为他还需要你的肯定回答,尽管不久他就能自己判断了。你记得在沙发垫子下一通翻腾要找出些零钱,这样牙齿仙女就会来把你孩子掉的第一颗牙带走。你多希望孩子的牙都换成了恒牙。
  & & 孩子7岁时,你所记得的,是合伙用车的时间安排。你学会了在两分钟内化完妆,照着汽车后视镜刷牙,因为你能给你自己找出的时间就只有汽车停在红灯前的那小段。你想过把你的车子漆成黄色,并在车库门旁的草坪上立一个“出租车”的标志牌。你记得有几次你下车后,人们盯着你,因为你不断用脚踩油门加速,制造噪音。你多希望孩子有一天能学会开车。
 &&孩子10岁时,你所记得的,是怎么组织学校的募捐者。你们为重新粉刷学校兜售包装纸,为购置新家具兜售体恤衫,为在学校操场上种植遮阳树劝人订阅各种杂志。你记得你在车库里存放了上百盒糖果等待出售,得到钱后学校的乐队就可以购置新制服,可是那些糖果竟在一个暖和得过头的春天的下午全都融化在一起了。你多希望孩子长大,不再演奏什么乐器了。
   &&孩子12岁时,你所记得的,是孩子在体育场打棒球练习赛时,你坐在看台上希望你孩子所在的队很快三击不中出局,因为家里还有更重要的事等你去做。教练不明白你为什么那么忙。你多希望棒球赛季能尽快结束。
  & & 孩子14岁时,你所记得的,是他不让你早晨把汽车停在校门口。你不得不开过两个街区,车还没停稳就赶紧打开车门。你记得没能在他的朋友面前跟他吻别或说话。你多希望孩子能更成熟些。
  & & 孩子16岁时,你所记得的,是吵闹的音乐和以富有节奏的拍子尖声唱出的难以听懂的歌词。你多希望孩子快点长大成人,带着音响离开家吧。
 & & 孩子18岁时,你所记得的,是他们出生的那一天,拥有世间所有的时光。
  & & 当你在静静的房子里走来走去时,你纳闷他们去哪里了——你多希望孩子别这么快就长大了。
UID 240014
积分 85330
福步币 341 块
阅读权限 120
A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something.
As his car passed, one child appeared, and a brick smashed into the Jag's side door. He slammed on the brakes and spun the Jag back to the spot from where the brick had been thrown.
He jumped out of the car, grabbed some kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, & What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing?&
Building up a head of steam, he went on& That's a new car and that brick you threw is gonna cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?&
&Please,mister, please,I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do!& pleaded the youngster.
&It's my brother,& he said. &He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up.
Sobbing, the boy asked the executive, &Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me.&
Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He lifted the young man back into the wheelchair and took out his handkerchief and wiped the scrapes and cuts, checking to see that everything was going to be okay.
&Thank you, sir. And God bless you,& the grateful child said to him. The man then watched the little boy push his brother to the sidewalk toward their home.
It was a long walk backs to his Jaguar... a long, slow walk. He never did repair the side door. He kept the dent to remind him not to go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention.
Life whispers in your soul and speaks to your heart. Sometimes, when you don't have the time to listen... Life throws a brick at your head.
It's your choice: Listen to the whispers of your soul or wait for the brick!
当前时区 GMT+8, 现在时间是