C. By plane.
)2. When does the train leave?
B. At 9:40.
C. At 10:20.
)3. Where is the man’s purse?
In his bag.
B. On the table.
C. On the floor.
)4. How many people went to the party last night?
)5. What did the man do last Friday?
He went to the cinema.
He had dinner with his friends.
He went to a concert.
第二节 听较长对话,回答问题(共6小题,每小题2分,满分12分)
听下面一段对话,回答第6至第8三个小题。对话读两遍.
)6. What happened to the woman this morning?
Her car window was broken.
Her flat was broken into.
Her car was stolen.
)7. Where did the woman put her handbag?
In her flat.
B. In her office.
C. In her car.
)8. What did the woman do in the morning?
She had the locks of her flat changed.
She got her car repaired.
She called the police.
听下面一段对话,回答第9至第11三个小题。对话读两遍.
)9. What did the man say about the new iPhone?
It is expensive.
B. It has many uses.
C. It will come out in July.
)10. How big is the first generation iPod?
It is about the size of a pack of name card.
It is about the size of a piece of name card.
It is about half the size of a pack of name card.
)11. How much does the second generation iPod cost?
About $50.
B. About $100.
C. about $150.
第三节 听独白,回答问题(共4小题,计8分)
听下面一段独白,回答第12至第15四个小题。独白读两遍.
)12. What does the speaker think was interesting about her class?
It only had one teacher.
It only had one student.
It only had girl students.
)13. How was the speaker’s course book?
It was a little old.
It had a red back cover.
It was very fashionable.
)14. How does the speaker feel about learning English?
C. Difficult.
)15. What do we know about the speaker?
She knew a lot of French.
She had English lessons at home.
She has a talent for learning languages.
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
(共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从题中所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出最佳选项。
There used to be many beautiful flowers in our garden. Among them was a beautiful blue flower. My husband once told me that it only bloomed (开花) in spring and the sun in summer was too hot for it. When summer came, he would move it out of the garden and put it inside our house.
Once, my husband was away for some time on business, so I had to take care of the flowers. Before leaving, he told me to pay special attention to the blue flower. I planned to look after it as my husband had ever done, but I was too busy to remember it. One weekend when I wanted to move the blue flower into the house, I found that it had already died. I was very sad and regretted not taking good care of it earlier.
A week ago, my husband’s elder sister, Linda, died of serious stomach cancer. Linda was much older than my husband. Maybe because of the age distance, we were not very close. After she died, we were very sad and regretted not visiting her often.
Linda’s death reminds me of the blue flower. We should have done something better, but we haven’t tried our best. I believe that God has given us enough time to plant some wonderful things that will bloom inside us, but we have missed it.
)16. Which of the following is the right description of the blue flower?
It only bloomed in spring.
It didn’t look beautiful.
The hot sun in summer was bad for it.
It had to be kept indoors in summer.
)17. When might the writer’s husband be away on business?
In spring.
B. In summer.
C. In autumn.
D. In winter.
)18. Why didn’t the writer take good care of the blue flower?
Because she didn’t like the flower.
Because she was too busy to remember the flower.
Because her husband didn’t ask her to do that.
Because she didn’t know how to take care of the flower.
)19. The writer wants to tell us
She shouldn’t forget our flowers
Stomach cancer is a terrible illness
We should learn to love what we have now
It’s not easy to take care of flowers
Most people hope to have a memory which helps them succeed in study, work and life. Can memory be improved? Luckily, hundreds of studies in the past 50 years have already given us a definite answer.
A healthy lifestyle keeps our brain young and memory sharp. First of all, it is necessary to have a healthy diet. Eating more food rich in B vitamins and vitamin E, such as vegetables and lean meat, helps you have a better memory. Doing exercise can keep your brain alive, too. Proper exercise provides much oxygen for the brain. Running, riding a bike, swimming and even walking two or three times a week are helpful. Moreover, getting enough sleep is important. Only when your brain gets a good rest, can it work well. The healthier your lifestyle is, the better your memory will become. But do not expect a sudden change-it takes a long time to make a difference.
Memory stills help you remember things better. The following three are the most widely used. Chunking is a way of remembering a piece of information by cutting it into small ones. For example, to memorize a ten-digit telephone number , you can divide the digits into three groups: first 212, then 798, and lastly 3630. This method is far more effective than remembering a string of 10 digits. Organization means organizing information into groups of the same kind. For example, trees, grass an tigers, pandas, horses and cows are animals. Imagery is remembering newly learnt information by using your imagination and connecting it with something that you are familiar with.
However, memory skills will hardly work if you don’t understand the information. What’s more, only a regular review can make the memory last long. That is why students are always advised to go over what they have learnt and then use it as regularly as possible.
Human brains are like muscles that needs nutrients and exercise to become stronger. If you make a few lifestyle changes and try some memory skills, you can certainly improve your memory.
)20. How many ways of keeping a healthy lifestyle are mentioned in the passage?
)21. Which of the following examples is the use of the skill “ organization”?
Remembering the word “sad” by putting it into the group of “feeling”.
Remembering the meaning of the word “red” by connecting it with “fire”.
Remembering a long and difficult passage by understanding its meaning.
Remembering the number 0708591 by dividing it into 070 and 8591.
)22. According to the passage, why should we review what we’ve learnt?
To use it better every day.
To understand it in a better way.
To improve memory stills.
To remember it for a longer time.
)23. The passage is written to tell us
not everyone has a good memory
memory skills are not difficult to learn
memory can be improved in some ways
it is important to have a healthy lifestyle
Life is full of surprises and you never know how things will turn out. Sir John Gurdon. Is a good example of this. As a boy, he was told he was hopeless at science and finished bottom of his class. Now, aged 79, the very same Gurdon shared the 2012 Nobel Prize in Medicine with Japanese stem cell (干细胞) researcher Shinya Yamanaka.
Like so many scientists, Gurdon shows us where the power of curiosity and perseverance (坚持)can lead.
At the age of 15 in 1948, Gurdon ranked last out of the 250 boys at his high school in biology and every other science subject. Gurdon’s high school science teacher even said that his dream of becoming a scientist was quite “ridiculous”.
In spite of his teacher’s criticisms, Gurdon followed his curiosity and kept working hard. He went to the laboratory earlier and left later than anyone else. He experienced thousands of failures.
“ I believe that we will, in the end, understand everything about how cells actually work.,” Gurdon said.
In 1962, Gurdon took a sell from an adult frog and moved its genetic (基因的)information into an egg cell. The egg cell then grown into a clone of the adult frog. This technique later helped to create Dolly the sheep in 1996, the first cloned mammal in the world.
In 2006, Gurdon’s work was developed by Yamanaka to show that a sample (样本) of
a person’s skin can be used to create stem cells. Using the technique, doctors can repair a patient’s heart after a heart attack.
“Luck prefers the prepared mind.” Gurdon told the Nobel Prize organization. “Ninety percent of the time things don’t work, but when they do, you have to catch the chance.”
)24. In what order are the followings mentioned in the passage?
a. create the sheep Dolly
b. take a cell from an adult frog
c. use a person’s skin to create stem cells
d. move the frog’s genetic information into an egg cell
e. grown into a clone of a frog
A. b-a-c-d-e
B. b-d-e-a-c
C. b-d-a-c-e
D. b-e-d-a-c
)25. What does the underlined word “ridiculous” mean?
)26. According to the passage, which statement is True?
A. As a boy, John Gurdon was told he was hopeful.
B. John Gurdon ranked first at his high school in biology.
C. It’s impossible for the doctors to repair a patient’s heart after a heart attack.
D. In spite of his teacher’s criticism, John Gurdon kept working hard.
)27. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. Ninety percent of the time things don’t work.
B. Luck prefers the prepared mind.
C. Life is full of surprises.
D. How to know cells actually.
My summer hols wr CWOT. B4, we usd 2 go 2 NY 2C my bro, his GF & thr 3: @ kids FTF. ILNY, it’s gr8.
Can you understand this sentence? If you can’t, don’t feel too bad. Neither could the middle school teacher in England who received this as homework. This is Netspeak: the language of computerized communication found on Internet or mobile phones. To newcomers, it may look like a completely foreign language. So, what is the ‘translation’ of the sentence above? It means: My summer holidays were a complete waste of time. Before, we used to go to New York to see my brother, his girlfriend, and their three screaming kids face to face. I love New York, it’s great.
Schoolteachers and parents say this new form of writing is harming the English language. Increasing spelling and grammatical mistakes can be seen in students’ writing. They fear the language could become corrupted(面目全非的)。
Everyone should just relax, say linguists(语言学家). They believe Netspeak is in fact more of a good thing. David Crystal, from the University of Wales, argues that Netspeak and Internet create a new language use and the almost lost art of diary writing has been picked up again. Geoffrey Nunberg, from Stanford University, agrees. "People get better at writing by writing," he says, "Kids who are now doing text messaging, e-mail, and instant messages will write at least as well as, and possibly better than, their parents."
Linguist James Milroy says, for centuries, it is believed without exception that young people are harming the language. And you can bet your bottom dollar that when today's teenagers become tomorrow's parents, they too will think this way. Milroy argues that languages do not and cannot become "corrupted"; they simply change to meet the new needs.
However, Netspeakers do agree that it is important to teach young people how to speak and write Standard English. Cynthia McVey says, "I can understand Netspeak worries teachers and it's important that they get across to their pupils that text messaging is for fun, but that learning to write proper English is a must for their future."
Perhaps we should give teenagers a little more trust anyway. Erin, age 12, says, "I wouldn't use text language in my homework. Texting is just for fun"
)28. What is the main purpose of the first paragraph?
A. To give an example of a foreign language.
B. To show an example of creative methods.
C. To express worries about using Netspeak.
D. To lead in the topic of Netspeak.
)29. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. Cynthia McVey points out teenagers can deal with Netspeak properly.
B. Geoffrey Nunberg believes Netspeakers can write Standard English.
C. David Crystal thinks Netspeak helps develop the habit of writing.
D. James Milroy says that language is changing and improving.
)30.The expression "bet your bottom dollar" in Paragraph 5 means ______.
A. be fairly sure
B. be greatly surprised
C. think it a pity
D. find it interesting
(共5小题,每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从下框的A-F选项中选出概括每段主题的最佳选项。选项中有一项为多余项。
参考单词:
1. decent 合宜的,得体的
2. reputation 名声
3. incidental 伴随发生的
A. Bollywood pays great attention to traditional values.
B. Bollywood is less famous than Hollywood, and yet it produces the most films in the world.
C. Bollywood films are full of ideal things and free of daily worries.
D. Bollywood is decent refreshing replacement for those over-stimulating Hollywood films.
E. Bollywood has gradually won its reputation on the world stage.
F. Bollywood films are mostly comic romances with light –hearted incidental music.
Hollywood movies are regularly filled with sex and violence. They can be exciting films but sometimes all you want is a little light-hearted entertainment.
Have you heard of Bollywood? All singing, all dancing and unrealistic, it is the perfect alternative to normal Hollywood movies. Bollywood is the Indian film industry, based in Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay. Most Chinese school kids have probably never seen an Indian Filmgare Awards, Bollywood’s Oscars, turn 50 years old.
The typical Bollywood movie usually has the following ingredients: a cup of romance, a teaspoon of comedy, a dash of international sight- seeing, served with a huge slice of singing and dancing. There will also be one brave hero, one beautiful heroine and one baddie. The result is a fun-filled musical.
There is never any mention of politics, poverty or war. The actors change clothes and locations within a single song. But the audiences don’t mind. To Indian movie lovers, especially the poor, such films are a gateway to heaven and the stars are their gods. The films take them to a magical world away from their everyday troubles. The films tell them the impossible is possible and that true love conquers all.
But, behind the beautiful scenes, Bollywood still emphasizes traditional family values. In moat films, if two lovers want to break an arranged marriage, they can’t just run away. They must win over their parents.
So if you are tired of all that Hollywood actions, check out the following Bollywood films. They will take you to a brighter, cheerier and more colorful world, where it’s still cool to dance around a tree and sing a love song.
第三部分 英语知识运用 (共两节,满分25分)
完形填空 (共15小题,每小题1分,满分15分)
阅读下面的短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项A、B、C、D中,选出可以填入空
白处的最佳选项。
Thanksgiving Day was coming. The first grade teacher gave her class a fun assignment (作业) — to draw a picture of
for which they were thankful.
Most of the class might be considered poor, but still many would
the holiday with turkey and other traditional food of the season. These, the teacher thought, would be the subject of most of her students’ art. And they were.
But Douglas made a(an)
kind of picture. Douglas was a different kind of boy. He was the teacher’s true child of weak and unhappy. As other children played at
,Douglas used to stand close by her side. One could only guess at the pain that Douglas felt behind those sad
Yes, his picture was different. When he was asked to draw a picture of something for which he was thankful, he drew a
. Nothing else. Just an empty hand.
His abstract (抽象的) picture caught the
of his classmates. Whose hand could it be? One child guessed it was the hand of a farmer, because farmers
turkeys. Another suggested a police officer, because the police protect and
people. Still others guessed it was the hand of God, for God feeds us. And so the discussion went on — until the teacher almost forgot the young artist
When the children had gone on to other assignments, she stopped at Douglas’ desk, bent down, and
him whose hand it was. The little boy looked away and murmured, “It’s yours, teacher.”
She recalled the
when she had taken his hand and walked with him here or there, as she had the other students. How
she had said, “Take my hand, Douglas, we’ll go outside.” Or, “Let me show you how to hold your pencil.” Or, “Let’s do this together.” Douglas was very
for his teacher’s hand. Brushing aside a tear, she went on with her work.
The story speaks of more than thankfulness. It says something about teachers teaching and parents parenting and friends showing friendship, and how much it means to the Douglases of the world. They might not always say thanks, but they’ll remember the hand that
)36. A. anything
B. something
C. nothing
D. everything
)37. A. congratulate
C. celebrate
D. consider
)38. A. good
B. interesting
C. exciting
D. different
)39. A. break
)40. A. noses
)41. A. gift
)42. A. thought
B. description
C. respect
D. imagination
)43. A. raised
)44. A. look at
B. care for
C. take away
D. drive off
)45. A. himself
C. herself
D. themselves
)46. A. said
)47. A. chances
)48. A. much
)49. A. thankful
B. helpful
C. careful
D. beautiful
)50. A. moves
C. reaches
词语填空(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
阅读下面的材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
Several months after I was badly hurt in a car accident, my father sent me to a blind school.
That morning was the new beginning. I went to this school and I heard lots of children. My new teacher took me to the class where we
(teach) to write and type in Braille(盲文). I found it quite difficult.
“Dear , how is school going?” asked my father.
“Daddy , I can’t do this . I try and try but I just don’t get it . I don’t know how to learn to read Braille. It’s too difficult,” I cried.
Daddy just held me in his arms and said, “Do you remember that we went to the temple
is on the top of a mountain? When we were climbing the mountain, my legs started aching, I sat down and said , ‘ I can’t see the temple . You can’t see it because it is covered
fog . Although you can’t see it, I know it is there. I am sure you will climb up to it . ’”
“That day you showed me that even you can’t see something, it does not mean it is not there. So although
the mountain was difficult , I knew I would get to the top.”
I was clear about what my dad wanted me
(understand).
I went back to school and started with new energy . Very soon I could read .
(classmate) said , “You are lucky , you know , at least , you
(see) the world . I have just heard it . I have been told there are many colors in this world
I don’t understand what color means . ”After listening to her for the first time in two years , I felt
(luck). And on that day I learned that although the light in my eyes is gone , I
see the world with the light in my heart .
第四部分 写作 (共两节,每小题1分,满分10分)
单词拼写(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
根据下列句子及所给的首字母,写出各单词的完全形式(每空限填一词)。
61. I don’t know the people in the classroom. Why are there so many s
62. I want to write to him, but I don’t know his a
63. Every day the No. 1 bus passes by our home. It’s c
to take the bus.
64. My parents are always p
of everything good that I do.
65. Don’t talk or laugh loudly. We should keep s
in the library.
66. It’s difficult for me to find a right word to express my ideas e
67. Beethoven is a great G
musician and he is famous in the world.
68. They are s
at the news that Tom won the race.
69. The illness s
through the whole town and everyone got sick.
70. The man with w
I spoke to used to be my English teacher.
第二节 书面表达 (共1小题,满分15分)
假设你是Linda。昨天你去参加了小学同学聚会,遇到了好久不见的好朋友Tina,发现Tina变化很大,她个子高了很多,但是不像以前那么外向了。她最近由于英语成绩不好,压力很大,请你给她一些建议以缓解她的压力。并且告诉她可以通过哪些方法提高自己的英语成绩。请根据以下要点提示,写一篇80词左右的短文。
要点提示:
1、 Tina’s great changes.
2、 Tina’s problem.
3、 Your suggestions to deal with stress.
4、 Your ways to improve her English?
Yesterday I went to a party and met lots of my primary school student.
2015学年第一学期初三年级英语学科十一月份质量检测
一、 听短对话,回答问题。
听下面5短对话,每段对话仅读一遍。
1. W:Have you planned to go to Paris? By train again?
M: Well, I think I’m going by air this time. I have to be back by next Monday.
W: I wish you a good journey.
2. M: The train leaves in 50 minutes.
W: But it’s only 9:30 now. There is no hurry. Take your time. I think we can leave at 9:40. All right?
M: OK. It’s up to you.
3. M: Mum, where is my purse?
W: Oh, I found it lying on the table earlier, so I put it back in your bag.
M: Well, it’s not there. Maybe it’s fallen on the floor.
W: Let me check. Look, it’s here after all. I told you that’s where I’d put it.
4. M: How many people arrived at the party last night?
W: Ten were expected to come , but the number was twices as much.
M: Oh, that was quite out of my expectation.
5. M: What did you think of the concert in the music hall last Friday?
W: Great! It was really wonderful. But I didn’t see you there then. Where were you?
M: I was just in the music hall then. I had a seat in the second row.
二、听较长对话,回答问题。
听下面一段对话,回答第6至第8三个小题。对话读两遍。
M: Hi, Linda, how are you?
W: Don’t ask! I’ve had a terrible morning! It’s my car! The back window has been broken.
M: Oh, no. That’s awful. What were they after?
W: I don’t know, but they got away with my handbag. I left it on the back seat.
M: Oh, no! Was there much in it?
W: No, not really, but there was a set of keys, and my home address.
M: Gosh! That wasn’t a very good place to leave them.
W: I know! I know! I was so worried that they would come round to my flat that I got my locks changed this morning. It cost me a lot of money.
M: Oh, well, you won’t be making that mistake again. Will you?
听下面一段对话,回答第9至11三个小题。对话读两遍。
M: Have you heard about the new iPhone? W: Yes, I heard it’s supposed to come out in June.
M: Yeah. It’s a cell phone, camera and MP4 player all in one. I’d like to buy one.
W: Me, too, but I don’ even have enough money to buy one of their iPods.
M: Do you know how big an iPod is?
W: The first generation iPod is about the size of a pack of name card and the second generation iPod is about half the size of the first.
M: How much does the second generation iPod hold?
W: I can’t remember.
M: How much do they cost?
W: About 100 dollars.
M: You are right. I got one for my birthday when they first came out. It cost 50 dollars then. James gave it to me.
51 were taught
52 which/that
53 with/by
54 climbing
55 to understand
56 classmates
57 have seen
第一节 单词拼写
61. strangers
62. address
63. convenient
65. silent
66. exactly
67. German
68. surprised
69. spread
该会员上传的其它文档:41 p.24 p.25 p.40 p.20 p.13 p.15 p.13 p.18 p.20 p.29 p.13 p.41 p.19 p.16 p.30 p.11 p.11 p.31 p.40 p.38 p.84 p.2015学年第一学期初三年级英语学科十一月份质量检测考生须知:本试卷..2015学年第一学期初三年级英语学科十一月份质量检测考生须知:本试卷分试题卷和答题卷两部分.满分120分,考试时间100分钟.答题时,必须在答题卷密封区内写明学校、考场、座位号、姓名等内容.答题必须书写在各规定区域之内,超出答题区域的答案将视为无效。第I卷第一部分
听力(共三节,满分30分)第一节(共5小题,每小题2分,满分10分)听下面5段对话,每段对话仅读一遍。相关文档mp3docdocdocdoc关于我们常见问题关注我们官方公共微信

我要回帖

更多关于 stars were beautiful 的文章

随机推荐