entering 黑屏power saving modee

January 3rd, 2010 Paul Wallbank
I have a pc with Windows XP. A few seconds after I turn it on (ie immediately after the Dell logo disappears), I get a message saying “1. Auto Detect (Digital Input)” and then another message saying “1. Auto Detect Entering power save”. Nothing on the keyboard then lets me do anything and the screen blacks out. The pc keeps making a whirring noise but nothing happens until I turn it off, either by holding in the on button or by turing it off at the wall. The pc is two years old. This happened a month ago for some days, and then one day it just started up as normal. Now it has happened again and has been continuing for about a week. Please help!
The error message means your monitor isn’t receiving a signal from computer. There’s two li a video card problem or a loose cable.
If it is a loose cable, you simply need to check all the video connections into the monitor and the computer are properly connected. Be careful with tightening the thumbscrews as these only need to be finger-tight. Screwing them in too far may cause problems down the track.
Should it turn out not to be the cables then it’s the video card that is causing the problems. Sometimes cards work themselves loose over time and it may just require a technician to open the case and reseat the card.
It may be however the card is failing and needs replacing. If so, it may be time to consider a new computer as some systems have the video circuits built into the motherboard. Talk to your technician before deciding on this.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.PC entering PowerSaving Mode
Join Community
Moderated by:
Topic: PC entering PowerSaving Mode
Still Seekin'
total posts: 3758neopoints: 35since: Mar 2005
Jan 20, 08 at 7:46pm
PC entering PowerSaving Mode
My computer will do that and when it does that it goes black then says what the thread title says.
My computer then makes a loud humming noise and I can't use my monitor, when I move the mouse, no response.
Same goes for keyboard.
When I turn the monitor off then turn it back on, still no result.
I have to manually turn my computer off via the button on the tower.
How do I stop it from entering powersaving mode?
AdvertisementNeoseekerSponsored Links
or register to remove this advertisement
Ub3r Shadow
black coulds and silver liningss-e-e-k-e-r
total posts: 1854since: Jun 2007
Jan 20, 08 at 8:41pm
re: PC entering PowerSaving Mode
do you have vista?
since: Jun 2004
Jan 20, 08 at 10:55pm
Is it because you leave it inactive for a certain ammount of time?
Still Seekin'
Jan 20, 08 at 11:31pm
All I did was go on AIM, MSN, and internet explorer.
I had LimeWire on too.
I love a sunburnt countryElite Seeker
total posts: 34371since: Dec 2005
Jan 21, 08 at 12:36pm
so you dont have any periods of inactivity and it goes to power saving mode? or does it go a minute or so without activity? you or someone else may have changed the power saving options to turn off monitor in 1 min
-------------------
true seeker
total posts: 1195since: May 2007
Jan 23, 08 at 6:26am
Well, it hasn't happened in awhile, I think it was raining, maybe the electricity went out for a bit.
Is there a way to backup my files on a blank CD?
Jan 23, 08 at 6:33am
yes. select the files you want to back up and then (if you have a cd/dvd burner), burn them onto a disk. simple. if you want to back up your whole computer then you would need several dvds.
-------------------
Still Seekin'
Jan 23, 08 at 11:35pm
Will defragging my computer help?
Also, can I do anything while defragging?
Jan 24, 08 at 2:50am
no, and yes. defragging only re arranges file clusters on your hard drive so that they become as close to a continuous stream of data as possible and move it all to the beginning of the hard drive. this only speeds up your computer, unless you have an ntfs file system, in which case you will see little, if any results.
-------------------
Still Seekin'
Jan 24, 08 at 3:00am
Whats NTFS?
Jan 24, 08 at 6:36am
the disk file structure used by the NT systems (XP, 2000, NT), which has an MFT (Master File Table) instead of a FAT (File Allocation Table). NTFS is the newer, better, more efficient file system, and because of this file system, it pretty much renders defragmenting obsolete (though you might still get a small performance boost from defragging an ntfs file).
-------------------
Still Seekin'
Jan 24, 08 at 6:45am
Okay, so I played Runescape for about a good hour with music playing, AIM, and MSN on and no errors, or random restarts.
My sisters were complaining about that the other day though.
What else could be the cause?
You said something about powering saving time?
How do I get to that?This is an out of the blue question, but what is a good router that I can use for wi-fi on the Ds and Wii?
It also has to be fast for the computer.
Jan 24, 08 at 10:37am
the power saving options are located in the control panel
-------------------
[All dates in (PST) time] &
search posts by username:
& PC entering PowerSaving Mode
Jump to another forum: Lounges- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & &
& & Thinker's Lounge & & Loungin' & & Movies/Films & & Music & &
& &Musicians' Corner & &
& &Neo Emcee's Open Mic & &
& & & &The Graveyard & &
& & & &The Arena & & Sports & &
& &Football (Soccer) & & TV Shows & &
& &Animated Shows & & Books & Literature & &
& &Comics & &
& & & &Comic News / Articles & &
& &General Harry Potter & &
& &Warriors (Novel Series) & & Gaming Lounge&Computer Hardware- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Hardware, Builds and Overclocking & &
& &Showcases and Work Logs & & Computer Help and Discussion & & Phones, Tablets and Gadgets & & Deals&PC Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & PC Games and Steam & & Action and Shooters & & Adventure & & Arcade, Classic & Puzzle & & RPG & & Sports/Simulation & & Strategy&PS4 Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & PlayStation 4 & & Action & & RPG & & Strategy/Simulation & & Sports & & Classic & Puzzle & & Adventure & & Racing & & Playstation Network Games & & Rhythm & Music&PS3 Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Playstation 3 & & Playstation Network & & PlayStation Home & & PlayTV & & Action & & RPG & & Strategy/Simulation & & Sports & & Classic & Puzzle & & Adventure & & Racing & & PlayStation Network Games&Xbox One- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Action & Arcade & & RPG & & Strategy/Simulation & & Sports & & Classic & Puzzle & & Adventure & & Racing & & General Xbox One & & Xbox Games Store&Xbox 360 Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Xbox 360 & &
& &Xbox Live (360) & & Action and Arcade & & RPG/Adventure & & Simulation & & Sports and Racing & & Strategy, Classic & Puzzle & & Xbox Live Arcade Games & & Xbox Live Arcade&Nintendo Switch- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Nintendo Switch & & Action & & RPG & & Strategy/Simulation & & Sports & & Classic and Puzzle & & Racing & & Adventure & & Rhythm & Music&PS2 Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General PS2 & & PS2 Online & & Action and Arcade & & RPG/Adventure & & Simulation & & Sports and Racing & & Strategy, Classic & Puzzle&Nintendo DS Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General DS and DSi & & Action & & RPG/Adventure & & Sports & & Strategy/Simulation & & Classic & Puzzle & & DSiWare Games & & DSiWare General&Nintendo 3DS Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Nintendo 3DS & & Action & & RPG/Adventure & & Sports & & Strategy/Simulation & & Classic & Puzzle & & Rhythm & Music & & Virtual Console eShop & & 3DSWare&Sony PSP Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General PSP & & Action & & RPG/Adventure & & Sports & Racing & & Strategy/Sim&PlayStation Vita Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & PlayStation Vita & & Action & & RPG/Adventure & & Sports and Racing & & Classic & Puzzle & & Strategy/Sim & & Playstation Network for PSVita&Wii U Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Wii U & & Action & & RPG/Adventure & & Sports and Racing & & Classic & Puzzle & & Strategy/Sim & & Rhythm & Music & & Wii U Virtual Console&Nintendo Wii Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Wii & & Action & & Adventure & & RPG & & Strategy & & Sports & & Racing & & Classic & Puzzle & & Wii Virtual Console & & WiiWare Games&iPhone and iPod Touch: Discussion and Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Action & &
& &NinJump Deluxe & &
& &Pocket Mine & & RPG/Adventure & &
& &Shadow Fight 2 & & Sports & &
& &3D Limo Parking Simulator & &
& &Asphalt 8: Airborne & & Strategy/Simulation & &
& &Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders & &
& &My Talking Tom & &
& &Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff & & Classic & Puzzle & &
& &Make It Rain: The Love of Money & &
& &New Scramble With Friends Free & &
& &Papa Pear Saga & &
& &Farm Heroes Saga & & Rhythm & Music&Android: Discussion and Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Android General Discussion & & Sports & Racing & & Action & & Classic & Puzzle & & RPG/Adventure & & Strategy/Simulation & & Rhythm & Music&Gameboy Advance- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Gameboy Advance & & Action & & Classic & Puzzle & & Sports & & Strategy & Simulation & & RPG/Adventure & & Gameboy E-reader&Creative Skills- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Art Central & &
& &Artist's Gallery & & Creative Writing & & Photography & &
& &Photography Portfolio & & Graphics and Animation & &
& &Digital Portfolios & &
& &Tips and Tutorials&Special Interest- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Anime & &
& &Dragonball & &
& &Gundam & &
& &Bleach & & Role Playing & &
& &Interactive Role-Playing & &
& &Role Play Gallery & &
& &Neo-Duelist League & &
& & & &The Legacy & & Arcade/Coin-Op & & Motor Vehicles & & Retro Gaming & & Wrestling & & Miscellaneous Games & & Pets / Animals: Care and Discussions & & Food & Cooking & & Health & Fitness & &
& &Health & Fitness Public Journals & & Comedy & & Careers and Finance & & Paranormal & &
& &Dreams & & DIY & & Academia & &
& &Homework & Tutoring & & Collectibles & & Travel & & Sports Betting & & Magic: The Gathering & & Yu-Gi-Oh!&Site Related- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Site News and Announcements & &
& &Site Changes & & ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions & &
& &Forum Bug Reports & &
& & & &Archived Forum Bug Reports & &
& &Site Bug Reports & &
& & & &Archived Site Bug Reports & & Site/Forums Help and QA & & FAQ/VFAQ Authors and Feedback & & Site Contributor's Forum & &
& &NEOCRS Bugs & & User Reviews Critiques and Help & & Videos Bugs and Feedback & & NeoAPI&Programming and Design- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Programming & & Web Coding & & HTML/CSS & NeoHome Help & & Server Administration & & Database Use and Administration&Localized Forums- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Canada & & UK and Ireland & & United States & & Asia & & Europe & & Oceania & & Latin/Hispanic Countries & & Africa&Mac Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Mac Gaming & & Adventure & & RPG & & Action & & Sports & & Arcade, Classic & Puzzle & & Strategy / Simulation&Classic/Retro: NES,SNES,SEGA Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & NES & & SNES & & Sega CD/MegaCD & & Sega Genesis/MegaDrive & & Sega Saturn & & Sega Master System & & Game Gear & & TurboGrafx-16 & & Commodore 64
& &Commodore 64 Games&Game Series General Forums- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Final Fantasy & & General Mario Brothers & & General Resident Evil & & General Pokémon & &
& &Pokémon Clans & &
& &Pokémon Strategy & &
& &Pokémon Shopping District & &
& &PokéFiction & &
& &Pokémon Battles & &
& &Pokémon Trading & &
& &PokéLounge & & General Legend of Zelda & & General Mega Man & & General Star Wars & & Koei Warriors General Forum & & General Harvest Moon&Movies- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Action & & Adventure & & Animation & & Anime & & Comedy & & Crime/Mystery & & Drama & & Family & & Fantasy & & Horror & & Romance & & Sci-Fi & & Television & & Thriller/Suspense & & War & & Western&NeoWikis- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & NeoWiki Central & & NeoWiki Bugs & &
& &NeoWiki Bug Archives&GameGrep Forums- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & GameGrep Central & & GameGrep Bugs & &
& &GameGrep Bug Archives&Playstation Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Playstation & & Action & & Adventure / Strategy & & RPG & & Sports and Racing&Nintendo 64- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Nintendo 64 & & Action/Arcade & & RPG/Adventure & & Sports, Racing and Sims & & Strategy&Gameboy Color- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Gameboy Color Games & & Gameboy Color&Dreamcast Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Dreamcast & & Action & & Sports and Racing & & RPG/ Strategy / Adventure&GameCube- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General GameCube & & Action & & RPG / Adventure / Strategy & & Sports and Racing&Xbox Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & General Xbox & &
& &Xbox Music Mixer & & Xbox Live & & Action & & RPG / Adventure / Strategy & & Sports and Racing & & Classic & Puzzle&Linux Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Linux Games&TeamNEO- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & TeamNEO: Final Fantasy XI & & TeamNeo: Metal Gear Online&Windows Phone- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Windows Phone General Discussion & & Sports & Racing & & Action & & Classic & Puzzle & & Rhythm & Music & & RPG / Adventure & & Strategy / Simulation & & Xbox Live Arcade Games&Arcade Games- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & Action & & RPG/Adventure & & Sports & Racing & & Strategy/Sim&Buying and Selling- - - - - - - - - - - - - - & & For Sale / Trade & & Sellers and Buyers Member Feedback