资料类型:
下载扣点:2点
上传时间:
下载量:48次
文档大小:144KB
所属学校:安徽省太和中学
所属资料:
内容简介文档简介为自动调取,可能会显示内容不完整,请您查看完整文档内容。
太和中学学年度第一学期12月教学质量检测本试卷分为第I卷和第II卷,答题时间120分钟,满分150分。答题时,请将答案填写在答题纸指定位置。交卷时,只交答题纸。
注意事项:
1.答题前,考生在答题卡上务必用直径0.5毫米黑色墨水签字笔将目己的姓名、准
考证号填写清楚,并贴好条形码。请认真核准条形码上的准考证号、姓名和科目。
2.选出每小题答案后,用2B铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑,如需改动,
用橡皮擦干净后,再选涂其他答案标号,在本试题卷上作答无效。
第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What time is it now?
A. It’s five past eight.B. It’s five to eight.
C. It’s eight fifteen.
2. What does the woman suggest the man do?
A. Pay several bills.
B. Phone the electric company.
C. Make a few telephone calls.
3. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. The woman feels sad for the man.
B. The woman is asking the man to leave.
C. The area is for passengers only.
4. What will the woman probably do?
A. Hurry to the conference.
B. Take the subway.
C. Take a bus.
5. Where does the woman think the noise is coming from?
A. Next door.
B. Upstairs.
C. The Nelsons’ house.
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。
6. Where does the man live?
A. In the suburbs.
B. In Camden Town.
C. In Garden Town.
7. How much does it cost the man to have it delivered?
A. Two pounds.
B. Two pounds fifty.
C. Two pounds fifteen.
8. When can the man get it?
A. On Saturday morning.
B. On Saturday afternoon.
C. On Sunday morning.
听第7段材料,回答第9至11题。
9. How many children are there in the man’s family?
10. What does the man’s mother do?
A. She owns a bakery.B. She runs a small family store.
C. She works at a restaurant.
11. What does the man NOT say?
A. His brothers and sisters help his mother in the grocery.
B. His father is a driver.
C. His mother enjoys her job very much.
听第8段材料,回答第12至14题。
12. What do you think the woman is worrying about?
A. Her son’s safety.
B. Her son’s schoolwork.
C. Her son’s time for school.
13. What’s the weather like?
14. What is the man’s attitude toward his mother’s words?
A. Serious.
B. Impatient.
C. Satisfied.
听第9段材料,回答第15至17题。
15. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. The man’s company.
B. A daily newspaper.
C. Online files.
16. When does the conversation take place?
A. In the morning.
B. In the afternoon.
C. In the evening.
17. What is the most probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Friends.
B. Coworkers.
C. Teacher and student.
听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
18. Where do Paul and Judy live?
A. In Northern Australia.B. In the center of Australia.
C. In Southern Australia.
19. How do Paul and Judy have classes?
A. By computer.
B. By television.
C. By radio.
20. When do the lessons begin according to the talk?
A. When the teacher comes.
B. When all the students answer the teacher.
C.When the bell for classes rings.
第二部分:阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
Mary Somerville was born in 1780 in Burntisland, Scotland. Her contribution to mathematics was in both algebra (代数) and differential and integral calculus (微积分学).
Mary was one of the world’s first famous female mathematicians. She became interested in mathematics and decided to study it at the time when it was considered unacceptable for a woman to do so. She bought books on algebra and geometry and read them at night. In spite of disapproval from people around her, she firmly went on with her struggle to learn. She won a prize for her solution to an algebra problem. She went on to write several books on mathematics. Later in her life, she thought deeply about the years in which she had persevered (坚持) almost without hope and said, “It taught me never to lose heart.”
Mary’s way of learning remains useful today. If she worked for a while on a problem without coming up with an idea, she stopped working and turned her attention to the piano, her needlework, or a walk outdoors. She then returned to the problem with a fresh mind and a solution turned up. If she could not understand a passage while reading, she would forget
several pages later, the meaning of the puzzling passage would become clear to her.
21. Why did Mary decide to study math?
A. Because she found math interesting and wanted to study it.
B. Because she was one of the world’s first famous female mathematicians.
C. Because it was not considered acceptable for a woman to study math.
D. Because she was bored and had nothing to do.
22. What does the underlined word “disapproval” in Paragraph 2 mean in this text?
A. Disagreement.
B. Agreement.
C. Support.
D. Discovery.
23. What is the main idea of the third paragraph?
A. Mary could solve any difficult math problem easily.
B. Mary was, without doubt, a famous female mathematician.
C. Mary had some useful ways to deal with difficulties in her work.
D. Mary’s ways to overcome difficulties were not effective.
24. According to the passage, if you have been puzzled by a math problem, you’d better ______.
A. keep working on it until it is solved
B. just forget about the problem
C. turn to your math teacher for help
D. listen to light music for a while and then continue working on it
Father’s Day may be over in the United States, but animal dads are still hard at work. From penguins to catfish (鲶鱼), some animal fathers play a big part in raising their babies.
“Seahorses are possibly the best example of fathers caring for their young in the animal world,” said Heather Masonjones, a biologist at the University of Tampa in Florida. Human mothers carry their babies in their bodies for nine months. But seahorses are different. A female seahorse lays eggs and then puts them in a pouch on a male seahorse’s belly (腹部), where the eggs stay until they hatch.
Male seahorses aren’t the only animal dads caring for eggs. The male hardhead catfish carries up to 48 marble-
size eggs in his mouth for 60 days! He doesn’t eat for the entire time. “You’d think it would be hard for them to give up a meal,” said Ed Matheson, a fish expert at the Florida Marine Research Institute.
Emperor penguins sit on eggs to hatch them during Antarctica’s freezing winter. The males have to gather closely together for warmth and can lose half of their weight in the two months that it takes the baby penguins to hatch.
Even mammal (哺乳动物) dads play a role in raising their young. The male South American marmoset (狨猴) takes care of the baby in place of the mother a few weeks after she gives birth.
So next Father’s Day, remember the millions of dads hard at work in the animal kingdom!
25. Which sentence is the topic sentence of the second paragraph?
A. The first one.
B. The second one.
C. The third one.
D. The fourth one.
26. How many kinds of animal dads does this text mention?
C. Three. D. Four.
27. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to this text?
A. The female hardhead catfish carries eggs in her mouth for 60 days.
B. The male marmoset takes care of the baby as soon as the mother gives birth.
C. The eggs stay in a pouch on a male seahorse’s belly until they hatch.
D. Emperor penguins sit on eggs to keep warm during the freezing winter.
28. Who is the text mainly written for?
A. Biologists.
B. Fish experts.
C. Ordinary readers.
D. American fathers.
Ian became a highway robber to support his family. He continued as a robber day after day and year after year.
One day, Ian went to rob a traveler. Unlike those who have been robbed by him before, the traveler showed no fear and asked, “Why do you do this every day?” Ian was surprised and answered without thinking, “Because I have a family. Robbing is the only way I can earn money to support my family.” “Are your family members prepared to share your punishment with you?” Ian was puzzled and said he didn’t know. The traveler told him to go home and ask them.
Ian asked his wife, “Do you know how I work to support you?” His wife replied, “Yes, I know.” Ian asked, “Are you going to share the punishment I’ll get for the way I earn my living?” His wife answered, “No. You married me and you should take care of me.”
Next, his parents replied, “Son, we raised you with great care. Now we don’t have the energy to work. So it’s your duty to look after us. We won’t share any of the punishments placed upon you for what you’ve done.”
Ian hadn’t expected their answers. He became sad and returned to the traveler. Ian told him all the conversations. The traveler said, “You have to take the consequences yourself.” Ian thanked him for letting him see the errors in his ways. After this incident, Ian started learning in order to work and support the family in legal ways.
29. How long did Ian work as a highway robber?
A. Several days.
B. Several weeks.
C. Several months.
D. Several years.
30. What do you think of the traveler in this text?
A. Silly. B. Wise.
C. Fearful. D. Nervous.
31. What can we infer from the last sentence of this text?
A. At last Ian stopped robbing.
B. Ian left his family and home sadly.
C. Ian went to another place to be a robber.
D. Ian gave all his belongings to the traveler.
If you do not use your arms or your legs for some time, they become weak. When you start using them again, they slowly become strong again. Everybody knows this. Yet there are many people who do not seem to know that one’s memory works in the same way. When someone says that he has a good memory, he really means that he keeps his memory in practice by exercising it regularly. When someone else says that his memory is poor, he really means that he does not give it enough chance to become strong.
If a friend complains that his arms are weak, we know that it is his own fault. But if he tells us that he has a poor memory, many of us think that his parents are to blame, or that he is just unlucky, and few of us realize that it is really his own fault. Not all of us can become very strong or very clever, but all of us can improve our memory by the same means — practice.
Have you ever noticed that people who cannot read or write usually have a better memory than those who can? Why is this? Of course, because people who can’t read or write have to remember things: they cannot write them down in a little notebook. They have to remember dates, prices, names, songs and stories, so their memory is exercised all the time.
So if you want a good memory, learn from those who cannot read or write: practise remembering.
32. According to the passage, few people know that _____.
A. arms or legs become weak if they are not used for some time
B. when they start using their arms or legs again, they slowly become strong again
C. a person’s memory becomes weak if he does not practise remembering things
D. it is their own fault if their arms or legs are weak
33. The author thinks that if a person has a poor memory, _________.
A. it is his own fault
B. his parents are to blame
C. he is just unlucky
D. his arms must be weak
34. From Paragraph 3, we can learn that _________.
A. people who can’t read are cleverer than those who can
B. people who can’t write are cleverer than those who can
C. a little notebook helps people who cannot read or write get a better memory
D. people who practise remembering regularly have a better memory
35. The passage mainly tells us ____________.
A. how to get our arms and legs stronger
B. how to improve our memory
C. how to read and write
D. how to remember dates and prices
第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
Tips for Cooking on a Tight Schedule
From my experience, there are three main reasons why people don’t cook more often: ability, money and time, ____36__ Money is a topic I’ll save for another day. So today I want to give you some wisdom about how to make the most of the time you spend in the kitchen. Here are three tips for great cooking on a tight schedule:
1. Think ahead. The moments when I think cooking is a pain are when I’m already hungry and there is nothing ready to eat. So think ahead of the coming week. When will you have time to cook? Do you have the right materials ready?_____37___
2. Make your time worth it. When you do find time to cook a meal, make the most of it and save yourself time later on. Are you making one loaf of bread? ___38___ It takes around the same amount of time to make more of something. So save yourself the effort for a future meal.
_ This may surprise you, but one of the best tools for making cooking worth your time is experimentation(实验). It gives you the chance to hit upon new ideas and recipes (食谱) that can work well with your appetite (食欲) and schedule. The more you learn and the more you try, the more ability you have to take control of your food and your schedule.
Hopefully that gives you a good start. ____40___ And don’t let a busy schedule discourage you from making some great changes in the way you eat and live!
A. Let cooking and living simply be a joy rather than a burden (负担).
B. Make three or four instead.
C. Ability is easily improved.
D. A little time planning ahead can save a lot of work later on.
E. Cooking is a burden for many people.
F. Try new things.
G. Understand your food better.
第三部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从41~60各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
“Cheese” — a metaphor (隐喻) for what we want to have in life,whether it is a job, a relationship, or money.
Each of us has our own
of what cheese is, and we want to
it because we believe it makes us
Once there lived four little characters. Two were
named Sniff and Scurry and two were little people named Hem and Haw.
Every morning, the mice and the little people
their running wear and went to Cheese Station C
they found their cheese. It was such a large store of cheese that Hem and Haw
moved their homes to be closer to it.
One morning, Sniff and Scurry arrived at Cheese Station C and discovered there was
cheese. They weren’t surprised.
they had noticed the supply
cheese had been getting smaller every day, they were prepared for the result. They set out quickly to
new cheese.
Later that same day, Hem and Haw arrived. “What? No cheese! Who moved my cheese?” Hem yelled. They went home that night
and discouraged.
The next day Hem and Haw
to Cheese Station C. But the situation hadn’t changed. Haw asked, “Do Sniff and Scurry know something we don’t know?” Hem
him and said, “What would they know? They are simple
and we are human beings. They cannot be
than we are.”
Haw suggested, “Maybe we should
talking about the situation and just to look for some new cheese.”
Haw decided to
Cheese Station C while Hem was more comfortable staying in the cheeseless Station C.
Meanwhile, Sniff and Scurry went farther
they found Cheese Station N. They found what they had been looking for. It was the biggest
of cheese the mice had ever seen.
41. A. feeling
42. A. get
43. A. happy
D. worried
44. A. humans
45. A. put in
B. took off
C. gave in
46. A. where
47. A. firstly
B. suddenly C. finally
48. A. some
49. A. For
50. A. with
51. A. search for
C. look after
D. discover
52. A. glad
B. hopeful
C. unsatisfied
D. excited
53. A. returned
54. A. smiled at
B. laughed at
D. praised
55. A. animals
B. cheese-lovers
C. thieves
D. Sniff and Scurry
56. A. more foolish
C. smarter
57. A. start
58. A. leave
60. A. store
B. factory C. company
第三部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第二节(共10小题,每小题1.5分,满分15分)
阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
At the end of the 16th century, English was only spoken by people from England. They were native speakers. They can understand each other 61______
____not all the speakers speak the same kind of English. Today, China may have the largest number of people
62____________(speak) English. 63_____________ large number of Chinese people speak English 64
their foreign language.?
The English language 65
(change) greatly over the last four centuries. Old English sounded more like German for it 66
(base) on German, but 67
English sounds more like French than German 68
the fact that England was once ruled by the French. Two great men had great effects on the English changes. One was Shakespeare, who 69
(rich) the E the other was Noah Webster, who wrote a dictionary70
gave American English its own identity.
第四部分:写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节:单句改错(每小题1分,共计10分)
(在错误的部分下面划线,并且在线下写出正确的形式。)
71. It was the first time that I saw the night face to face.
72. He told the boys don’t make so much noise.
73. The captain said that they will arrive in two days’ time.
74. She insisted that the patient was sent to the hospital at once.
75. Dressing in white uniform, he looks more like a cook than a doctor.
76. There is no such a thing as standard English in the world.
77. Ever since he graduated from college, he worked in a big company
78. It was her who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River.
79. Workers built shelters for survivors who homes had been destroyed.
80. It’s no use to advise him to give up the plan, for he is very stubborn.
第二节:书面表达(满分25分)
假如你叫李华,在银川一中读书,在高中学习英语的过程中遇到一些问题,想得到老师的帮助,请班级的英语老师提一些建议,以帮助自己学好英语。下面表格中只给了简单的提示,请你结合自己的实际情况给英语老师写一封求助信,内容如下:
学习英语时遇到的问题 1.生词多,记忆有难度
请英语老师提出的建议 1.介绍一些学习英语的好方法
字数:100左右。信的开头和结尾已给出,不计入总词数。
Dear teacher,
My name is Li Hua. I’m writing a letter to you to ask for some help.
版权所有:中华资源库
预览已结束,如需查看所有内容,请下载资料!
对不起,此页暂时无法预览!
官方微信公共账号
资源库-微信公众号Zinedine Zidane told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to sign Steven Gerrard in 2004 but Liverpool captain refused | Daily Mail OnlineThe Captain-Obi, The CaptainMP3下载,歌词下载 - 虾米音乐
The Captain
@微博好友,送歌给Ta!
Sorry,此歌曲暂无文本歌词。
使用手机扫码收听单曲
打开虾米音乐APP
点击 扫一扫
扫描二维码
听The Captain的人也听
关注虾米:Luckily, the bullet narrowly missed the captain an inch. A. by B. at C. to D. from 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
the bullet narrowly missed the captain __________ an inch.
A. by                & B.
答案:A提示:本题考查介词的词义。题意是“幸运的是,子弹差一英寸没有射中上尉”。介词by可以和表示尺寸、距离、时间等的数量词连用,表示相差多少距离或增减的程度。如:
escaped death by inches. (他们差一点死了。)/ Our teacher has advanced
the deadline for handing in homework by one week.(我们的老师把交作业的最后期限提前了一个星期。)其他三个介词均无此用法,故答案为A。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:2010届江苏省苏北四市高三第二次模拟英语试题
题型:阅读理解
Jerry was always in a good mood and always had something positive to say. One day, I went up to Jerry and asked him, “You can’t be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?” Jerry replied, “Every time someone complains to me, I can choose to accept his complaints or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.”Several years later, I heard that Jerry was shot by three armed robbers. Luckily, Jerry was found relatively quickly and rushed to the hospital. Finally Jerry was released from the hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body. About six months after the accident, I saw him. I asked him what had gone through his mind as the robbery took place.“The first thing that went through my mind was that I should have locked the back door,” Jerry replied. “Then, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live, or I could choose to die. I choose to live.”“Weren’t you scared?”Jerry continued, “The doctors and nurses were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the emergency room and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read, ‘He’s a dead man.’ I knew I needed to take action.”“What did you do?” I asked.“Well, there was a big, strong nurse shouting questions at me,” said Jerry. “She asked if I was allergic to anything. ‘Yes’, I replied. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, ‘Bullets!’ Over their laughter, I told them, ‘I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead.’”Jerry lived thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully. 56. Which of the following words can be used to describe Jerry?A. Impolite.&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Concerned.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Stubborn.&&&&&&&&& D. Optimistic.57. What did Jerry first think of when the robbery happened?A. He might be shot by the armed robbers.&&&B. He shouldn’t have left the back door unlocked.C. How he could call the policemen.&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. He might be robbed of many things.58. From the expressions of the doctors and nurses, Jerry realized that _______.A. they didn’t want to save his life&&&&&&&&&&& B. he wasn’t seriously woundedC. they thought he had little chance to live&&&& D. he was treated as a dead man
来源:牛津高三模块十unit2单元测试题
题型:完型填空
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)The winter skies are grey and it’s coldoutside. The nights come early and we spend a lot more time&16&& and alone. Many people&& 17&& winter: socold, so dark, so boring. But I like winter because I have more time to read. For many students
itmeans&& 18& . Reading is something your teacher assigns and it’ssomething you’re&& 19& . Reading is something you have to do,not something you want to do. But for me and many other people, reading is themost&& 20&& thing we can imagine. Getting lost in a goodbook can&& 21&& a cold winter evening disappear. Dull greyskies are no&& 22&&for the fantastic adventures of Frodo inThe Lord of the Rings《指环王》,or for romantic trouble-making of Jane Austen’s Emma《爱玛》, or for the youthfulproblems of Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye《麦田守望者》.All of those books are studied in NorthAmerican high schools. They are interesting and well written booksthat&& 23&& young people.&& 24& , eventhere, many high school students don’t enjoy reading the books because theyare&& 25&& their school work: “Oh, my God! Two hundredpages! I’ll never be able to read&& 26&& much.” Butsometimes a funny thing happens. They begin to read and they begin to followthe&& 27& . Suddenly, the world inside the book becomes moreexciting and more wonderful than the world they&& 28& . At themoment the thought&& 29&& reading is work disappears andreading becomes&& 30& .Reading anything is&&31&& but reading good books is a terrific way to improve yourEnglish. Good writers write English very well and&& 32&&you with good examples to follow. And good books will tell you more aboutEnglish&& 33& : what people think, how they talk, how theyinteract with each other. But don’t let me& 34&& it by tellingyou that reading is good for you. Just think of it as a good way to&&35&& on a cold winter evening.16. A. indoors&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. indoor &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. outdoors&&&&&&&&&&&& D.outside17. A. like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. prefer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. hate&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. love18. A. job&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. worry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. try&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. work19. A. tested&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. tested on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. examined &&&&&&&&&&&D. examined on20. A. enjoyable&&&&&&&&&& B. reasonable&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. comfortable&&&&& D. considerable21. A. want&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. cause&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. force 22. A. contest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. challenge&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. competition &&&&&& D. match23. A. appeal to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. respond to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. react to &&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. reply to 24. A. Fortunately B. Luckily&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. Unfortunately&&&&& D. Accidentally25. A. free from&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. part of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. in place of &&&&&&&&&& D.far from26. A. not&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. very&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. those&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. that27. A. story&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. subject&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.instruction&&&&&&&&&&&D. theme 28. A. leave for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. care about&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. flee from&&&&&&&&&&&& D.live in29. A. what&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. this&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. which 30. A. a comfort&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. a failure&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. a success &&&&&&&&&&&D. a pleasure31. A. bad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. mean&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. great&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. grand 32. A. provide&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. offer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. give&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. award 33 A. custom&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. language&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. culture&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. art 34. A. break&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. spoil&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. develop35. A. keep warm&&&&&&&&&& B. stand still&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. stay calm &&&&&&&&&&&D. stay cool &
来源:江苏省2010届高三下学期冲刺模拟卷(英语)
题型:完形填空
&第二节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,从每题所给的(A、B、C和D)四个选项中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。The relationship between a son and hisfather changes over time. it may&& 36&& and flourish(繁茂) in mutual maturity. It mayfail in disliked dependence or independence.The first&& 37&& I haveof him--of anything, really--is his strength. To a little boy right after WorldWar II , a father seemed a god with strange strengths and powers&&38&& him to do and know any things in the world, such as putting abicycle chain back on, building a hamster cage or guiding a jigsaw(拼板玩具) so it&&39&& the letter F. In fact, I learned the alphabet that way in thosepre-television days.There were, of course, rules to learn.First came the handshake.&&& 40&& of those fishy (冷冰冰的) little finger grips, but agood firm squeeze&& 41&& by an equally strong gaze into theother’s eyes.As time passed, there were other rules tolearn. “Always do your best.” “Do it now.” “Never lie!” And most&&42& , “You can do whatever you have to do.”By my teens, he wasn’t tellingme&& 43&& to do anymore, which was scary and exciting atthe same time. He&& 44&& perspective (视角), not telling me what wasaround the great corner of life but letting me know there was a lot&&45&& just today and the next, which I hadn’t thought of.With father, I&& 46&&became a grown up.But one day, I realize now, there wasa(n)&& 47& .A School fact&& 48&&something he said. Impossible that he could be wrong, but there it was in thebook. I began to see, too, his&& 49&& spots, his prejudicesand his weaknesses. I never threw these up at him. He hadn’t to me.I&& 50&& asking his advice.There seemed to be a&&51&& between us, which I found&& 52&& to fill in.After much thought and practice (“You cando whatever you have to do.”), one night last winter, I sat down by his bed. Itold my father how much I&& 53&& him and talked of some ofmy advice on him.He said he knew how hard my&&54&& had been to say and how proud he was of me.“I had the best teacher,” I said. “You cando whatever you have to do.” He smiled a little. And we shook hands onceagain,&& 55&&&& . 36. A.raise&&&&&&&& &&& B.grow&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.worsen&&&&&&&&& &&& D.exist37. A.lesson&&&&&&& &&& B.idea&&&&&&&&&&&& && C.memory&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.touch38. A. making&&&&&&&&&&& B.encouraging&&&&& &&& C.getting&&&&&&&&&& & D.enabling39. A.writes&&&&&& &&&& B.forms&&&&&&&&&& &&&& C.appears&&&&&&&&& && D.comes40. A.Nothing&&&&& &&&&& B.All&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.None&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D.Some41. A. approved&&&& &&&& B.accompanied&&&& &&&& C.astonished&&&&&& &&&& D.appointed42. A.strictly&&&&& &&&&&&& B.importantly&&&&&& && C.urgently&&&& &&&&&&&& D.surprisingly43. A.how&&&&&&& &&&&&&& B.when&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& C.what&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D.why44. A.provided&&&&&& & B.gained&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.lost&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.kept45. A. earlier than&&&& B. more than&&&&&&& && C. shorterthan&&&&& &&& D. less than46. A. luckily&&&& &&&&&&& B.gradually&&&&&&&& && C.surprisingly&&&&&& &&& D.regularly47. A.choice&&&&&&& &&& B.chance&&&&&&&&& &&&& C.change&&&&&&&&& &&&& D.check48. A. confirmed&&&& &&& B.confused&&&&&&&& &&& C.contradicted&&&& &&&&& D.connected49. A.strong&&&&&&& &&& B.blind&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& C.poor&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& D.dark50. A.began&&&&&&& &&& B.continued&&&&&&& &&& C.stopped&&&&&&&&& && D.missed51. A.gap&&&&&&&&& &&& B.failure&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.crash&&&&&&&&&&& && D.loss52. A. impossible&&&& && B.easy&&&&&&&&&&&& && C.necessary&&&&&&& &&& D.strange53. A. disappointed&& && B.misunderstood&&& &&& C.loved&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D.supported54. A.life&&&&&&&&&& && B.years&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.speech&&&&&&&&&& && D.words55. A.hardly&&&&&&& &&& B.firmly&&&&&&&&&&& && C.warmly&&&&&&&&& &&& D.friendly&
来源:学年安徽省高三第七次月考英语试题
题型:阅读理解
Scientists are worried that an asteroid(小行星) will possibly hit the earthin 2036. If scientists are right, planet earth is 24 years away from a majordisaster.Scientists have been monitoring theprogress of a 390-metre-wide asteroid ever since it was discovered last June.They have announced that it could hit the earth, causing huge damage, in 2036. NASA estimates that the impact from theasteroid named after Apophis and ancient Egyptian demon(魔鬼) would release more than100,000 times the energy released in the nuclear explosion over Hiroshima.Thousands of square kilometers would be directly affected by the explosion. Thewhole planet would see the effects of the dust released into the atmosphere.This is the worst possible scenario(情景) of any asteroid in recordedhistory.Having more than 20 years’ warning ofpossible impact might seem plenty of time. But scientists insist that there isactually very little time left to decide.Luckily, however, they aren’t short onideas for deflecting the asteroid. The favored method is also probablythe easiest—throwing a spacecraft at the asteroid to change its direction. TheEuropean Space Agency plans to test this in the next decade.One idea that seems to have no support fromastronomers is the use of explosive, although this sounds more likely to thepublic or Hollywood producer.At present, scientists are trying to make abetter estimate of how much time we have, through more observations.In spring of next year, there will beanother chance for radar observation of Apophis. This will help astronomerscalculate the orbits of the asteroid more accurately.If, at that stage, they can’t rule out animpact with the earth in 2036, the next chance to make better observations willnot be until 2016, then 2029.“If we wait until 2029 and the worst—casescenario turns out to be true, it would seem unlikely that we’d be able to doanything about 2036,” warns Prof Fitzsimmons.1.What does the underlined word“deflecting” most probably mean?
A.making it smaller.
B.observing it clearly enough.
C.dividing into pieces.
D.changing its direction.
2.According to the scientists’ observation,_______.
A.the asteroid named Apophis will explode in 2036.
B.the asteroid named Apophis might hit the earth in 2036.
C.the asteroid named Apophis is 24 years old.
D.there is plenty of time to decide the way we deal with the asteroid.
3.What is the impact from Apophis if ithits the earth?
A.It will damage Hiroshima.
B.Thousands of square kilometers would see the effects of the dust released into the atmosphere.
C.It might be the worst damage caused by asteroids in recorded history.
D.The whole planet would be directly affected by the explosion.
4.It can be inferred from the text that_____.
A.Hollywood producers will explode Apophis to avoid its hit.
B.There are only two chances for scientists to make better observations if they can’t grasp the chance next year.
C.NASA plans to throw a spacecraft at Apophis to change its direction.
D.It is supportive from astronauts that we explode the Apophis.
来源:学年浙江省杭州市高三二模考试英语卷
题型:短文改错
短文改错(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,要求你在错误的地方增加、删除、或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。注意:1. 每次错误以及修改均限一词; 2. 只允许修改10处,多者从第十一处起不计分&例如:It was very nice to get your invitation to spend ∧ weekend with you. Luckily I was&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&the&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&amcompletelyfree then, so I’ll to say “yes”. I’ll arrive in Bristol at around 8 p.m. in Fridayevening&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&onA Frenchman was once visitingLondon.Hewished to take a walk to see a city.But he was afraidhe might get lost because he knew no words of English.Sobefore he left his hotel, he stopped in the first corner and carefully copiedin his notebook the names of the street that he was staying.Then he walked on.At last, he gets lost.After several hours he found a policeman.TheFrenchman tried his best to explain the policeman that he didn’t know the nameof his hotel, and he knew the name of the street.Hethen showed the policeman that he copied in his notebook.It was read: “One-way street”.&&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 reach arrive 的文章

随机推荐